Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


6,451 to 6,500 of 10,204 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

If Bofus has nothing else to say to the priest, Mantooth bids the elf a farewell and thanks him again for the care. "I think I will get some breakfast now. If I know Thordak, he is probably where the food is."


Male

Edvard does not wander the camp after he awakens, instead remaining near the tent where they slept. Knowing that the place is indeed relatively safe, he spends a long time meditating and watching in the morning. Stripped to the waist where the numerous pucked red scars on his chest and back are plain to see he places the blackened iron ring from his finger before him on the grass and sits crosslegged.... watching.

Edvard is just chilling out and watching to see how he's viewed right now, expecting that there will be someone at least surreptitiously watching him as he waits. He would entertain anyone who specifically sought him out though.
I assume we rested enough for spell refresh?

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Oh, bother--I simply missed the "he" in the description. I think Bofus is more astute in personal perception than *I* am at reading, don't you???

Thank you, Father or whatever the appropriate term for a priest of Desna is, we feel much better!

as we leave the temple . . .Yes, a spot of breakfast sounds about right. What about after, Mantooth? I think it would be polite, and a good show of friendship, if at least some of us attended the funeral. Edvard said he's not going to, but I'll go, I think we can spare that much time, no? I'd also like to see if there are any potions I can buy here before we leave.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Hearing the elven proprietor speak to him in elvish, a tongue which Tirion has as of yet not gained full command of, Tirion responds in two other tongues - Sylvan and then Common if the Sylvan is not understood.

Sylvan:

I apologize master elf. However, I am yet to master your beautiful tongue. The closest I can come to your elvish is this tongue of the woodland creatures and the fey - or we can converse in the more base tongue of the former Taldan empire, which while less eloquent than that of the elves and the sylvan creatures, has the benefit of being understood by many.
_______________
If he does not respond, I will then repeat essentially the same thing in Common. Once he responds in a tongue we both speak:
We are in your beautiful elvish village for but a short time as I and my friends are seeking to destroy the monster who is creating these dragonspawn which I understand are terrorizing this land. We have defeated many enemies, hobgoblins, giants, ogres, and even a green dragon. In doing so, I have found that I frequently acquire more items than one of my small stature can carry. Would you perchance have a backpack or haversack which I could purchase to carry my equipment into the mouth of the lion so to speak, so that we can find the wizard, or perhaps demon, that is creating these nightmare beasts and destroy him once and for all?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

"Agreed, I'd like to attend the funeral if we can." In a slightly lower voice so that only Bofus can hear him, Mantooth continues. "I am worried what may become of these people should the horde continue its march. Edvard was convinced enough to aid us on the grounds that it will save his home, and perhaps the Tiri Kitor can be convinced of it as well. They would prove a strong asset for our force, much like the Twistusks."


Dungeon Master

Spells are refreshed after your night of rest.

@Tirion (& Bofus at end)

Tirion wrote:
"In doing so, I have found that I frequently acquire more items than one of my small stature can carry. Would you perchance have a backpack or haversack which I could purchase to carry my equipment into the mouth of the lion so to speak, so that we can find the wizard, or perhaps demon, that is creating these nightmare beasts and destroy him once and for all?"

Elviar, the proprietor of the Shooting Star listens for a moment, and then replies in Sylvan. "Your cause seems very noble, let me see what I can find for you."

He begins looking through a trunk with a collection of wondrous items. After a few moments, he pulls out a haversack that he hands to you. "Here is an extra dimensional pack like what you have requested. This is a powerful wondrous item. I can offer you this for two thousand of your gold coins."

While you are discussing matters with Elviar, Bofus enters the Shooting Star in his hope to find some potions.

"It appears that one of your friends has also found my shop."


@Thordak and Edvard

Thordak wrote:
"Berries an' nuts? It's not a proper breakfast, but Oi do like berries an' nuts! Thank ye Killer!"

"They may not be what you are use to eating, but they will give you the nourishment you need."

Killiar watches as Mantooth returns to the tents. He nods to him, but does not say anything. After a moment, he walks up to Edvard and speaks to him in Elven,

Elven:
"Why does a man of the Witchwood travel with a Dwarf, a Halfling, a Human, and a dark Gnome from the outside? You do not seem to be like them at all."

The funeral is still a few hours away. Who plans to attend (Bofus and Mantooth?) and who will stay? (Thordak, Edvard, and Tirion?)


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I look at my rapidly dwindling pouch of coins.
Thank you, this is precisely what I sought.

DMHW:

As Bofus arrives: Be careful of him, he speaks your elvish tongue, so if you want to make fun of his short size, you should do it in the tongue of the woodland creatures.

Perform(comedy): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

I will also attend the funeral.


Male

With Killiar:

Edvard gestures to a position before him upon the ground, waiting a few moments to see if the elven hunter would sit with him. Regardless of whether he sits or remains standing, Edvard replies guardedly in Elven "Le bois des sorcières est en proie à des sauvages ... ce demi-homme marche avec eux car ils cherchent à endiguer le flot." pausing before continuing "Le marteau peut prendre de nombreuses formes ... mais tout va casser la noix." by means of explaining why he travels with those who are chalk to his cheese.

Elven:
"The wood of the witches is beset by savages... this half-man walks with them as they seek to stem the tide."

"The hammer may take many forms... but all will crack the nut."


Zamoyski wrote:
Edvard gestures to a position before him upon the ground, waiting a few moments to see if the elven hunter would sit with him.

The great elven hunter stands and considers for a moment. After glancing around over his shoulder, Killiar sits himself down on the ground across from the witch. He pauses thoughtfully before speaking again.

Elven:
"You have strong courage, witch. There is great change here in the woods, and you seem open to the aid of others. However, I am not yet trusting of these outsiders. We have much to do to simply defend the marsh and our own people without getting involved in this war with their kind. What help could they possibly give? They are clearly here for their own interests. Listen to me, Witch! Once they've got what they've come for, they will be gone and we will never see them again."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
"It appears that one of your friends has also found my shop."

Elven: Ah, good morning sir! I hope you don't mind we converse in the common tongue of man, so that both my friend here and I can understand the conversation?

common: what a nice shop you have here!! I'm looking for a couple of ungents or oils, that carry the Hold Portal dweomer. They're great in a pinch if you need to slow someone down, eh? I'll take two, if you have them.

*thinking* You know, Tirion, it occurs to me that we're going to an underwater ruin, yes? We don't have the means to breathe underwater!! I wonder how much something like that would cost . . . how are we going to handle that situation??


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Well, perhaps we need to ask the elves about that. It is a sunken city, I do not know whether it is in fact under water. Although if it is, then we have a whole different situation - different tactics, different enemies.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Seeing Killiar's nod, Mantooth returns it with the same serious expression (see avatar) before picking through the berries and nuts and eating the ones that Thordak has left. "Fruitak, huh? Did your parents have a particular fondness for berries of the blackfen, Thordak?"


Male

Edvard smiles mirthlessly at Killian's words before replying "Il n'est pas du courage, et ni la confiance ... juste un fait que je suis, mais un moineau ... et les échelles de noir est un faucon. Qu'est-ce que vous risquez de chasseur ciel?"

"Considérez-vous comme un arc, et ce parti une flèche. Vous devez simplement le diriger vers Saarvith et le relâcher pour vol. Regarde et apprends de l'action ce que les mots ne seront pas transmettre ... Au pire nous allons sanglante de votre ennemi avant notre mort ... au meilleur Rhest serait libéré et il est une menace naissante sur le bois des sorcières enlevés."

Elven:
"There is not courage, and neither trust... just a fact that I am but a sparrow... and the scales of black is a hawk. What do you risk sky hunter?"

"Consider yourself a bow, and this party an arrow. You need merely aim it towards Saarvith and release it to flight. Watch and learn from action what words will not convey... At the worst we will bloody your enemy before our death... at the best Rhest would be liberated and it's nascent threat upon the wood of witches removed."

Rolling his shoulders to stretch Edvard finishes his words in common "There is little threat to the Tiri Kitor in allowing passage, after the hammer has fallen then you may discern if passage turns to aid..."


Killiar Arrowswift, the Tiri Kitor hunter sits, listens, and visits with Edvard Zamoyski, the witch of the Witchwood.

Elven:
Edvard wrote:
"Consider yourself a bow, and this party an arrow. You need merely aim it towards Saarvith and release it to flight. Watch and learn from action what words will not convey... At the worst we will bloody your enemy before our death... at the best Rhest would be liberated and it's nascent threat upon the wood of witches removed."

"You are smart and wise, man of the Witchwood. You use your words well and speak the truth. For indeed this Wyrmlord, his dragon, and the dragon spawn would crush us all if given have a chance. Perhaps I need to put aside my distrust and help them with what they need to do. I just cannot help myself when I watch how that dwarf behaves himself. That race has simply not changed all that much in the years that have passed. Did you hear his words when he was presented with breakfast? He said it was not a proper breakfast! Well, never mind, that is not important anyway. However, what is important is that we support you in whatever way you need help the most. What can the Tiri Kitor do to help you and your friends with your mission?"


Male

Edvard chuckles at the offence Killiar took to Thordak's rejection of breakfast, sharing in the hunter's exasperation at the conduct of the bearded folk and their ilk. As to the offer of aid, Edvard thinks on the topic for a scant span of seconds before responding "Si vous avez une carte de la façon dont Rhest peuplements, qui serait de service. Quant à l'entreprise, je vous invite pas à vous joindre à nous lors de l'assaut ... mais il serait encore un moyen de vengeance à prendre pour votre tombé. Patrouiller hors de la portée et autour, il nous frapper à chaud, puis il ya une chance aux sauvages de se rompre et fuir ... c'est à ce moment vous pouvez vous assurer qu'ils ne s'échappent pas."

"Je voudrais discuter avec les autres comme à toutes les autres pensées qu'ils ont si vous le permettez?" showing deference to his host by asking permission for an action that he by rights should not require.

Elven:
"If you have a map of how Rhest stands, that would be of service. As to the venture I would not bid you join us in the assault... but there would still be a means for vengeance to be taken for your fallen. Patrol out of reach and around, it we strike hot then there is a chance the savages will break and flee... that is when you could make sure they do not escape."

"I would confer with the others as to any other thoughts they have if you permit?"


Dungeon Master

Elviar, the proprietor of the Shooting Star replies to Bofus. "Yes, yes. We have those. They are fifty gold pieces apiece. How many would you like?"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I'll take two of those . . . and two of those tanglefoot bags, too, if you please!

I'll hadn over 200 gp


Dungeon Master

Bofus, that will be fine.

Fireday, Lamashan 5, 4710, Noon.

The elve's funeral ceremony for Lanikar is a very serious affair that begins with an hour of mournful singing led by the deceased's sister, Trellara. While this haunting melody fills the air, elves bring out boughs and branches and build a large pyre. Illian Snowmantle then comes out and anoints the pyre with holy water. Other elves bring out various small mementos and place them in the pyre. The pyre is soon lit and blazes brightly in a great bonfire. As the fire crackles, the elves sit in silent meditation, praying for the safe passing of their elven brother. Later, as the pyre burns away, the ashes are collected and placed in a proxy urn, along with Lanikar's ring. The urn is then given to Trellara.

Fireday, Lamashan 5, 4710, Three hours after Noon.

After the ceremony, the elves begin a celebration with feasting, dancing, and storytelling (particularly of stories involving Lanikar himself) which continues well into the night.

If any of you wish to perform, you are more than welcome to contribute at the celebration. Let me know what you decide to do as you witness and participate in the events of the afternoon.


Male

Edvard continues to keep mostly to himself, though as the morning turns to afternoon he ceases his meditation and busies himself with powders and tinctures from his backpack. Between the vials and the mortar before him, it is clear to see that the warlock of the Witchwood is skilled in the making of potions.

Edvard isn't going to impose himself into the festivities, and is content to wait and watch (assuming that the elves are likely to provide the assistance upon the morrow after mourning for a day.
I'm not actually making any potions, just providing a clear sign to the party that he can.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

After shopping, Tirion returns to the sleeping area and transfers his items to his new haversack. After carefully arranging everything, he discovers that whatever he wants is always on top. Finding this most interesting, he begins to put all sorts of stuff in, rocks, leaves, sticks, and seeing wether by requesting it, he can summon the junk. At least a little of his gnomish heritage is showing through for once.

After playing with his new toy for a while, he sees Edvard sitting and begins to watch him, trying to figure what he is meditating about, and what he is making. Eventually, his curiosity gets the best of him and he shifts over and tries to start a conversation with the Witchwood witch.

So, how did you end up in the Witchwood. I know that there are hunters and rangers, but I not know there were many practitioners of the arcane arts in the woods.
______________
When the time for the funeral arrives, Tirion goes and pays his respects. The long drawn out process is tough for the act first, ask questions later gnome, but he manages to sit on his hands and avoid interrupting the ceremony.


Male

Edvard offers Tirion a seat opposite him upon the grass and replies "The Witchwood was not only my end, but also my beginning. I have lived within for most of my life, and will return there when the savages are sufficiently blunted. What of you Tirion... where is your home?"


Edvard:

Sorry, Edvard. I forgot to follow up on this thread.

Slight Retcon

Edvard wrote:
"If you have a map of how Rhest stands, that would be of service. As to the venture I would not bid you join us in the assault... but there would still be a means for vengeance to be taken for your fallen. Patrol out of reach and around, it we strike hot then there is a chance the savages will break and flee... that is when you could make sure they do not escape."

Killiar listens thoughtfully to your request and departs with saying anything. When he returns, hours later he says to you,"My duties to the Tiri Kitor are great and I will not accompany you at this time, but I would be willing to give you a map of the ruins. Certainly your need is greater than mine."

The great hunter pulls out a parchment, unfolds it and hands it to you.

"This is all that remains of the ancient city. Most of it is underwater, but there are a few structures that were tall enough to protrude above the surface of the water. These posts around the perimeter of the lake are inhabited by the lizardfolk. They will not be keen to allow you to pass.

Map of the Ruins of Rhest


Male

Killiar:
Edvard takes the map with thanks and nods to the hunter "You must do unto your kin as you see is best. I thank you for what you have given." touching hand to breast then lips before giving a slight bow while seated.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Responding to Edvard:
Do you mean where am I from, or what am I? Tirion watches Edvard knowing that the question implies both.

Those are two different, but related questions I get with fair frequency. Where I am from is a small hamlet named Uldar, it is between the Elsir river and the Dwarfroad, far to the west of here. I have great fear that when I return home, I will find nothing left because of this horde. My understanding is that the horde has forces in the Wyrmsmoke mountains and Uldar lies at the base of the Wyrmsmoke, between the mountains and the Westdeep forest. So, just as you, I am fighting this horde not only help the Vale, but to hopefully save my home.

I just made the town up as this was my first PF character and I knew nothing about Golarian, the module, PF, or much else at that time a little over a year ago.

I am guessing your next question is what am I. Well, that is a long story that goes back several generations. My grandsire was an adventurer. He and his companions went a little too deep into an old abandoned dwarven mine and ended up trapped on the plane of earth. I know little of what happened there, but he was trapped for several years and was the only member of his party to survive. Since this time, several of my relatives have been been born with this dark skin and infused with the taint of either black dragons or the plane of earth. This taint generally develops in the form of sorcerous magic, in my case magic tied to black chromatic dragons.

I wish it were not so, but yes, somewhere I have been touched by the same evil draconic magic which I now fight. I am just glad it was the magic, and not the ethics and morals of the evil dragons which I got.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

While I found the ceremony touching and apprecaited the artistry and cultural purity, I found it too drawn out and stuffy for my taste. I'll take the opportunity to perform at the celebration part. I'll do feats of ledgermain and sleight-of-hand to try to impress the elves, and show them MY brand of fun!

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

@Bofus

After several sleight of hand tricks, Trellara Nightshadow applauds politely and approaches you after you finish.

"I appreciate your kind gesture, halfling. That was most thoughtful of you to share your talents with me and my people. Lanikar would have enjoyed it! " Trellara then lowers her voices and says,
"This is not the time or the place, but before you leave, I must speak with you in private."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Matching her low voice . . .As you wish, dear lady. Seek me out, and I shall follow when the time is right.


Male

Edvard listens as Tirion explains his bloodline and home both, taking in his story. As he finishes Edvard poses a simple question "Would you let the vale burn if it would save your home?... or do you place the greater good atop all?"


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

@ Mantooth

At the celebration following the funeral of Lanikar, Trellara approaches Mantooth and talks to him. "Excuse me, Sir. I was told that you slew a Harrowblade! Is that true? How exactly did you do it? Most of the weapons that the Tiri Kitor have used against that creature have done little damage against it!"


@Thordak

As the afternoon passes, Killiar Arrowswift, the great hunter, periodically checks back on Thordak to see what he is up to. On one particular visit, the hunter speaks to the Dwarf and says, "There is one thing that we do share in common dwarf, and that is that we both fly on great winged creatures. How did you ever train a Hippogriff to permit you to fly on it?"


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Tirion

During the festivities, the Speaker of the Tiri Kitor makes her way to Tirion and speaks with him.

"You are a most unusual guest, dark gnome. From what I have observed, you appear to have some dragon in your heritage. Are you aware that the old city of Rhest is inhabited by a black dragon who is not of a dissimilar color to you. Do you have any affinity or relationship with true black dragons? Forgive me for asking such pointed questions with regards to your race and color, but were you perchance a dragonspawn like the harrowblades?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

@ Edvard: That is a tough question. But, I think that I would put the good of many above the good of a few. I know that if I were to bargain with these demons to save my home, then, once the horde had destroyed the Vale, my village would be next.

I have a fair familiarity with dragons. The vast majority of the chromatic dragons hold no deal sacred. They are concerned about only one thing - themselves.

So, to answer your question, yes, I would seek to save my town, but I will always fight for the greater good as saving a few while allowing the many to fall, will result in all falling as the evil moves from the many to the few I saved.
_________________

@ Sellyria: As with most elves, you are quite observant. Yes, I believe that in my background I have the heritage of black dragons. I cannot say specifically how it came to be, but my grandsire was an adventurer. One day he and his companions delved a little too deep into an abandoned dwarven mine. I do not know what happened, but for several years he was trapped on the elemental plane of earth. Six years later, he escaped, but his companions did not. Since this time, his children, and in my case his grandchildren, have had the power of the black dragons in their blood. In my case it developed quite strongly causing me to have sorcerous powers tied to the black dragons.

I am not a dragon spawn and neither were my ancestors. I find these abyssal creations an abomination and would have them destroyed. If there is a dragon of the black blood in Rhest, then with the blessing of Iomedae and the powers of the rest of our group, I hope we are able to defeat the dragon so that it will no longer threaten the Tiri Kitor or any other good people in the Elsir Vale.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor
Tirion wrote:
"Since this time, his children, and in my case his grandchildren, have had the power of the black dragons in their blood. In my case it developed quite strongly causing me to have sorcerous powers tied to the black dragons."

"You are very fortunate to be able to resist the evil that flows in that blood. My priests have not detected any evil auras from you, but I would imagine that you must feel its effect. For most creatures descended from black dragons, it must be very difficult to defy that hunger for power and wealth at every turn!"

Tirion wrote:
"If there is a dragon of the black blood in Rhest, then with the blessing of Iomedae and the powers of the rest of our group, I hope we are able to defeat the dragon so that it will no longer threaten the Tiri Kitor or any other good people in the Elsir Vale."

"That is a lovely thought, but you will certainly need more than the blessing of your deity and a few friends to win this one, gnome. You, of all people, should know and understand the power of this terrible beast! You and your friends will more than likely die from it!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

This is likely true. That is why I spoke of the blessing of Iomedae. Mantooth, the good paladin has a sword which can injure these beasts. If the black is able to strafe us with acid, we are in trouble. However, if we can get it on the ground and the paladin is able to bring his sword and the blessing of the his lady to bear, then I believe we stand a chance. I have not yet learned the power of flight, but I feel that this is something which I may be capable of before long.

My level 7 bloodline spell is Fly.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Tirion

Tirion wrote:
" If the black is able to strafe us with acid, we are in trouble."

Sellyria reflects patiently on your words, and replies, "I do not wish to frighten you, my dear gnome, but this dragon can not only strafe you with acid, it often bears an archer who rarely misses. There is little to protect you from his watchful gaze and you and your friends will easily be his prey. They have taken up residence in Rhest and they do not permit visitors of any kind. They have some arrangement with the lizardfolk, but even they stay away from the center of the lake. Perhaps if you approached in the early morning hours, you may be able to avoid his detection, but even so, what you propose is perilous."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Killiar Arrowswift wrote:
"There is one thing that we do share in common dwarf, and that is that we both fly on great winged creatures. How did you ever train a Hippogriff to permit you to fly on it?"

Oh, Lulu? Well, it's a funny story that... Thordak chuckles. Oi met Lulu in Brindol, she was chained up by this idiot human, an' he was makin' people pay te see her...now Oi thought that was just sad, an' Oi was about te say somethin' but then she breaks free, right through tha chains! She slashed that man up with her talons rightaway, an' Oi was afraid she'd just keep on killin', aggravated as she were... So Oi went up to her an' Oi bowed, an' offered her some o' this roast corn Oi was heatin--they have this corn there, cooked black an' roasted with all kinds o' spices an'...mmh! Anyhow, Oi gave her tha corn, an' she nearly took moi hand off! But Oi talked to her a bit, an' made sure she knew Oi was alright. Anyway, she flew off into tha woods an' got away. Oi went out te make sure she was alright though, cause tha silly girl still had all those chains hangin' from her feet! So there Oi found her, with her chains stuck ev'ry which way. Oi helped her out an' off she flew again! A couple days later, Oi met her again, followed her trail into tha woods again, an' Oi convinced her that she should come with us an' have adventures an' all, an' so here we are!


Male

With Tirion:

Edvard notes your words with a neutral expression before shrugging his shoulders slightly "Honestly said... though I do not mirror your thoughts. To me the Witchwood is all and the Vale and those who dwell within matter little. I am aware that the savages will descend as though a plague to devour all... which is why I am here, and I also know that they are not fit to bargain with or sue for peace... but I will not obscure my thoughts." pausing a few moments to sit straight and stretch his back.


@Thordak

Thordak wrote:
" A couple days later, Oi met her again, followed her trail into tha woods again, an' Oi convinced her that she should come with us an' have adventures an' all, an' so here we are!"

"That is a remarkable tale. I would not have expected corn to win the heart of such a magnificent creature. Lulu? Now that is an interesting name. What does it mean?"

"Well, dwarf, you and your winged beast will have an advantage that your companions do not. The ability to fly is a great gift when you are hunting in the black fens. It is by far the easiest way to move about. However, with this freedom, you need to be aware that you will be the first target that Regiarix and the Wyrmlord will take out. Together, they are formidable predators, and once they strip you of your ability to fly, the dragon will burn you alive with his acid breath. You have been warned, Dwarf."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

@ Sellyria - So, this Wyrmlord is an archer. That is interesting. Do you know whether he has a particular pattern in which he and his beast hunt? A specific time of day. You have mentioned the hours just before dawn as being a good time to make an attack.

The reason that I find the Wyrmlord being an archer so interesting is that this places even greater importance on catching him and his beast on the ground. If one can close with an archer, it greatly diminishes their capabilities. I am sure you are aware of this with your fellow elven hunters who by reputation are renown archers.

_________________

@ Edvard: Tirion listens carefully to the response.
Well, then, I suppose it all depends on how broad one considers home and that which is worth saving. If you believe that the Witchwood, or only a portion of it, are the key to your happiness, then your tactics are sound. But, if you take a broader view and recognize that all that occurs in the greater world affects you, then one must work both within and without the forest for peace. What if we defeat this horde, but the Elsir Vale is so depleted that Cheliax is able to walk in and take over. Then you would be faced with another, possibly greater, threat - Infernal rule. They would consider your forest as nothing but a resource - lumber for their homes and ships. Animals to hunt for sport and food. All evil is a sore upon this land and we must always be vigilant or it may attack when we least expect it. After all, more than a few weeks ago, who would have thought that a few disparate tribes of goblinoids and giants could be united under a single banner to form a massive fighting force.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Trellara Nightshadow wrote:
I was told that you slew a Harrowblade! Is that true? How exactly did you do it? Most of the weapons that the Tiri Kitor have used against that creature have done little damage against it!"[/b]

Mantooth, who has been keeping to himself for most of the evening, is slightly surprised at the elf's approach. He smiles pleasantly and answers her questions.

"Indeed, Madame, my companions and I met the beast and it was by the divine grace of Iomedae that allowed me to strike it down. I have devoted my life to bring justice to those that follow an evil path in the name of the Herald, and that Harrowblade's evil soul was no match for holy steel. I have also been blessed with the honor of using a blade that was forged by a great Dwarven smith and wielded by one of the Knights of Ozen.

If you have have interest in fighting more effectively I would urge you to speak to a Priest Snowmantle or even look into the ways of the Inheritor."

Knowledge, Religion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Can one become a paladin of Desna?


Female Elf Bard 5 (hp: 32/32, AC: 18, FF 16, T 13)

@Mantooth

Mantooth wrote:
"If you have have interest in fighting more effectively I would urge you to speak to a Priest Snowmantle or even look into the ways of the Inheritor."

"I have heard of the Inheritor, but I am not familiar with her ways. However, I do have an interest in fighting." Looking about to see that she is not overheard, she continues, "In fact there is a matter that I wish to talk to you and your halfling friend about. Please find your friend and meet me upstairs in the Hall of the Ancestors. There is something I wish to ask you in private."

Mantooth:
You are not aware of any paladins of Desna. It is very unlikely, but it does not mean there could not be a first.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Tirion

Tirion wrote:
"So, this Wyrmlord is an archer. That is interesting. Do you know whether he has a particular pattern in which he and his beast hunt? A specific time of day. You have mentioned the hours just before dawn as being a good time to make an attack."

"I have not studied the Wyrmlord or his Dragon's patterns, but Killiar Arrowswift may know more than me. He is out on the hunt frequently. I mention the hours before the dawn simply because it is the time the lizard folk or the dragonspawn would least expect any company. It is also the time when their eyes may play tricks on them as their vision changes from dark sight to their light vision. I would hope that they may not be as perceptive at those times."


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Trellara Nightshadow wrote:
"In fact there is a matter that I wish to talk to you and your halfling friend about. Please find your friend and meet me upstairs in the Hall of the Ancestors. There is something I wish to ask you in private."

Mantooth nods. "Very well, Miss..?" He says, waiting for her to give a name. "I will find my companion and we shall meet you shortly."

If there is no other exchange, Mantooth searches out Bofus and relays to him what he has just been told in a low voice. "An elven woman just requested that you and I meet her in the Hall of Ancestors. Shall we tell the others where we are going?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion nods as he listens to Sellyria. Perhaps you are correct, and I should talk with Killiar.

Thinking for a moment: Is there any other assistance that you could offer us? Do you know how to stay beneath the water, or how to fly? Or anything else such as blessing from Desna that might assist us. I understand your concern, but these Wyrmlords must be stopped. And even without the Wyrmlords, the chromatic dragons will be incredibly dangerous and cannot be allowed to roam freely in the Vale.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Tirion

Tirion wrote:
"Is there any other assistance that you could offer us?"

"I would be willing to offer some of our boats that would allow you to paddle across the lake, but alas, I cannot send any more of my people into battle. I will need all of my warriors right here, should the beasts in Rhest grow more numerous. I sympathize with you, gnome. I certainly do not like this situation either, but until the fiends of Rhest are destroyed, there is little I can do. Certainly you must understand my position? I must protect my people!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

If the beasts in Rhest are destroyed, would you and your people fly south to assist with the defense of Brindol. They will need all the help they can get and having an ariel assault of our own would be invaluable to take out siege engines and the large ground based giants and ettins.


Male

Edvard offers a half-smile to Tirion's response, clear that the words are heard but truth would only come through the truth of living of the experience that would require the choice to be made.


Speaker of the Tiri Kitor

@Tirion

Tirion wrote:
"If the beasts in Rhest are destroyed, would you and your people fly south to assist with the defense of Brindol. They will need all the help they can get and having an ariel assault of our own would be invaluable to take out siege engines and the large ground based giants and ettins."

"My dear gnome, that if at the beginning of your statement is a very large if. If you destroy the inhospitable denizens of Rhest, then we will have that discussion. However, that is much further ahead than I can foresee. For now, I must concentrate my efforts on protecting my people. Naturally, you must see my position?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

That depends on how you define protection. Right now you have an evil of unknown strength almost on your doorstep. A man capable of riding and controlling a large black dragon is more than a nuisance. If you are truly interested in protecting your people, you would have long since abandoned your home. It is clear, that you are interested in protecting your land and your home as much, if not more than your people. After all, you are elves, you are tied to the land just as your ancestors and mine are tied to the fey.

Please think about this. I know that you longer lived elves like to dwell on decisions contemplating them for great periods of time, sometimes longer even than the lives of shorter lived races. However, the dragons and the horde are not going to wait for you to make a decision. They might decide that they have sufficient forces and choose to attack before the next sun rises. Would you be prepared for this.

I let that thought dwell for a moment.

Please think of what I have said. If we are successful, then this threat will be eliminated and your home will need far less protection. If we are unsuccessful, then you have far more to worry about and I would think that working with the humans, dwarves, and even forest giants that we have united to this point, would be in your best interest. Failing to do so is only to await your demise once the horde turns its destruction this direction.

6,451 to 6,500 of 10,204 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.