Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


6,351 to 6,400 of 10,357 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>

Not in use

Edvard shakes his head to both questions "I have not had reason to stray overmuch into their territory, but I know that they are not the elves of the earth. When would you prefer that I stand ready? - I need of sleep to replenish my strength, but would be able to watch outward for my share."

No changes to spell selection.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Umm . . . the four of us are accustomed to 2-hour watches. You burnt a lot of juice today, why don't you take the night off from watch?

I'm trying to act casual, but there's still a tiny hint of "he's probably trustworthy. Probably . . ."


Not in use

Bofus finds Edvard's eyebrow rise slightly in a questioning manner, but the suggestion is unchallenged. I plan to rise and watch the dawn at any rate.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I look over at Edvard. Then we shall watch the sun rise together. And tomorrow, we shall see what the Wyrmlords have hidden in the ruins of Rhest.


Not in use

Heh - Tirion can read minds :P
Italics was meant to be internal thought process.

"So we plan to continue North to the river and come upon the ruins from that direction?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

We have not truly had the chance to plan. This whole horde is a rather sudden occurrence. If there is one direction of approach that is less likely to be guarded, I would prefer than. The dwarf and paladin can hold down the enemy for quite a while. But, we do have limited resources and limited healing, so we need to be more careful on our tactics in the future.


Dungeon Master

Oathday, Lamashan 4, 4710, 3 hours before midnight

Exhausted from the long day of travel and battling, you quickly fall into a deep sleep. You are still disturbed by the annoyance of bugs, but you shroud yourselves in blankets to help you get the best rest possible.

Bofus:

Oathday, Lamashan 4, 4710, 1 hours before midnight

During second watch, you are scouting around the camp, keeping vigilant watch for intruders when there is a sudden flutter of wings, a hiss, and a strange sizzling, popping noise. You climb up a small hill to to lay eyes on the bloody remains of a horse-sized owl in the shadows of the dark. The once magnificent bird's body has been partially dissolved in places, and swaths of foul, dark green fluid still sizzle and pop, eating away at exposed flesh and bone.

Battlemat


Dungeon Master

Perception DC 20 to wake up:

You wake up to the sound of a sudden flutter of wings, a hiss, and a strange sizzling, popping noise coming from the east.

Battlemat


Not in use

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Edvard lies flat on his back closed eyes staring at the sky... snoring quietly.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Hearing the strange flapping, I come alert. Sensing the strange noises, I begin to wake up the others starting with Mantooth, then Thordak, then Edvard.

Waking someone up is a for of Aid Another I believe, so it would be a Standard Action.


Dungeon Master

After a moment, you are all woken up by Tirion. He informs you of a strange flapping sound he heard followed by a strange sizzling, popping noise coming from the east. Bofus has already climb up to the edge of the camp to investigate.

Battlemat

It is rather dark, what light sources are you using, if any?


Not in use

No light source here yet.

Edvard rises when awoken grabbing his staff as he does so. Calling upon his focus once more he concentrates on his pumice stone, lightening his frame. He does not yet move to the sky, but he wishes to be ready if needed. Stalking Eastward, Edvard is careful to remain at the back of the group.

Activating flight hex for another minute - but not moving off the ground yet.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

sorry, I was busy today

I'd have gone to wake people before investigating, so between Tirion and me everyone should be awake quickly.

I'll head toward the downed bird quietly, and keep my eyes up to try to find whatever squirted waht appears to be acid all over it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Dungeon Master

No Problem, Bofus!

@Everyone. With your next post, could you each remind me if you are able to see in the dark, and/or what light sources you are using, if any. I have a good idea, but I do not want any surprises. This information is important in regards to how this encounter unfolds.

DM Rolls:

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Stealth 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Bofus:

Suddenly out of nowhere, you hear the sudden hiss of of a deadly attack. You do not see the creature, but you have enough sense to dodge out of the way!

Acid Spray Breath Weapon 5d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 6, 2) = 17
Reflex Saving Throw DC 18 for half damage

Battlemat

Tell me Bofus, what do you have to see in the dark?

Bofus & DC 15:

Once again you hear another loud deadly hiss. It sounds like a blast of some spray coming from the east (J17). You believe Bofus is wandering near there, but you are certain that he is not making that sound!

Battlemat


Not in use

Edvard has low-light vision

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Low light vision.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

I cast Message and point at everyone (not sure whether I can see Bofus, but this would have been one of the first things I would have done.)

Round 1
Cast Mage Armor.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Normal vision baby!!

DMHW:
Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 <--zero damage, evasion!
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

this is spoken out loud

Um, whatever that thing is, it knows I'm here and just tried to kill me. Watch out for yucky acid baths everyone!

I move part way back toward the group, but stay spread out--20' away from the closest good guy. I wonder if this is a little dragon or something . . .


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Withe the luck of Beerswizzler halfling, you jump aside and completely avoid an acid breathweapon. You hear it sizzling on the ground in the spot where you stood but a moment ago.

As you look carefully through the shadows of the night, you think you see a winged dragon like reptile creature crouching in the shadows. It is very difficult to make out any details in the dark, but you can see its silhouette and hear it breathing near the bush at F21. It certainly resembles a dragon, but you think it may be actually standing on two legs like a humanoid.

Tirion casts Message on each of you and Mage Armor on himself. Tirion, please be sure to update your AC on your character sheet.

Edvard and Tirion, you hear sounds of a sudden hiss followed by a disturbing sizzling sound, but you cannot pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. All you know is that it is somewhere to the east of the campsite.

Please give coordinates if any of you choose to move elsewhere. Please also know that it is actually much darker out than the battlemat indicates.

Battlemat

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

*whispered* whatever it is is over by that bush to the east! It's standing on 2 legs. Can we get some light??


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Mantooth cannot see in the dark.

Mantooth can hear the hiss, and at Bofus's whisper he moves closer G5. Drawing his sword, Mantooth casts Detect Evil.

Whisper "Bofus, step back closer to us if you can. I can channel Iomedae's light through Magnimarana to light the area for some time."


Not in use

Striding forward as he concentrates for a moment, Edvard makes a fist with his right hand before flicking out the fingers of that hand as he states "Lumière" A ball of light shoots out from his hand, rushing out to linger before Bofus. The light takes on a roughly human shape as it casts out light.

Move to I,6, then cast dancing lights into G,21
Dancing lights casts off 20ft of light, and another 20ft of dim light


Dungeon Master

Edvard's dancing lights spell illuminates the area to reveal the bones and feathers of a giant owl. However, more urgently, It also reveals a sleek green scaled twisted dragon spawn with large leathery bat like wings and a swooping tail. It hisses as the light reveals its presence.

Mantooth:
You sense a very strong aura of evil from this hideous reptile.

Initiative

Greenspawn Razorfiend 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Bofus Initiative 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Edvard Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Mantooth Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Thordak Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Tirion’s Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 1

• Greenspawn Razorfiend. With stunning reflexes the creature immediately blasts forth another acid breath weapon at Bofus.

Acid Breath Weapon 5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 5, 3) = 12
Reflex Save DC 18 for half.

Battlemat

• Thordak (unresolved)
• Mantooth (unresolved)
• Bofus (unresolved)
• Edvard (unresolved)
• Tirion (unresolved)

Please note that on the battlemat, your campsite is at a lower elevation. You need to almost climb out (no climb check necessary unless you climb up the wall at L2 or K3 instead of going around) to get up to the same level as Bofus and the creature.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Round 1

Current Status:

AC 18 - Mage Armor (negates +1 from Bracers)
HP: 37/37

Spells:
Mage Armor - 6 hours left
Message - 60 Minutes left
Haste - 6 rounds left

I move to F4.

Whisper: Bofus and Edvard, try to get within 30' of Mantooth and Thordak you all up.

Have I rested enough to regain my spells used the prior day?

Standard Action: Cast Haste, I want to get Mantooth, Thordak and as many others as possible - including the hipogriff. As many as are within 30' of each other.


Dungeon Master

Sorry Tirion, you have only had about three hours of rest before you were rudely interrupted.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ROUND 1

*whisper* roger that!

I double move to F8, trying to hide in shadow/scrub on the way (and drawing my bow at the same time)

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27

oops, forgot the reflex save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 <--hope my attack rolls are above 10's today. Sheesh.


Not in use

Round 1:
8 rounds left of Flight hex

Seeing the beast outlined, Edvard falls back slightly towards the others. As he does he reaches out towards the dragon spawn closing his fist upon the dragons image. He then chants "Je vois que vous dragon ... et prendra vos yeux" Elvish - I see you dragon... and will take your eyes punctuating the end of the statement by thrusting his hand at the spawn and opening his fist. A burst of bright particles surges forth around the dragon's head.

Cast glitterdust - DC 16 Will save or blinded, even with a save it should be outlined in glowing dark particles for 6 rounds


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 1

Mantooth moves forward slightly, but stays within range of his allies should Tirion cast a spellMove to G9, but puts up his shield defensively. The paladin continues to cast Detect Evil to see if he can discern another evil presence.

Whisper to group "I am sensing a very strong amount of evil in the area. I can't quite tell if there is more than one creature near yet."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 1

Thordak has darkvision for 60 ft.

Thordak bursts out of his cocoon furiously, his beard unkempt and his crossbow already in hand. He pushes Lulu back behind him and fires off two shots before the creature has time to spit any more acid.

Crossbow:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage:1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Crossbow:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage:1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Dungeon Master

Round 1

• The Greenspawn Razorfiend's blast of acid scorches Bofus as he is not quite able to evade the deadly breath as fast as he would like.

• Thordak jumps up and fires off two shots with his crossbow, loading rapidly in between. The shots looked good, but unfortunately dragon spawn was much more agile than you believed and it evades the bolts with ease.

• Mantooth moves up to G9 and continues to search for more evil auras in the area. To your relief you do not sense any other presence other than this dragon spawn fiend!

• Bofus makes a quick retreat and double moves to F8, running down the sloping hill.

• Edvard casts Glitterdust upon the Razorfiend.

Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Although the creature is not blinded it does begin to glow with dark particles, giving away much of its stealth.

• Tirion casts haste upon Mantooth. This affects Mantooth, Bofus, and Edvard. Thordak and Tirion are both more than 30 feet apart from the others.

Round 2

• Greenspawn Razorfiend flies forward to H14, glares at all of you, and hovers there, waiting to attack (readied attack) should you dare approach anywhere near it.

Battlemat

• Thordak (unresolved)
• Mantooth (unresolved)
• Bofus (unresolved)
• Edvard (unresolved)
• Tirion (unresolved)

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ROUND 2

*shrug* so I won't approach, I'll shoot it!

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

5' step to E9


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Round 2
Thordak, hold your shot until I speed you up.

Move to E5.

Tirion again moves his hands in a manner reminiscent of a running cheetah.
Standard action: Cast Haste on Tirion, Thordak and Lulu. --> Should also catch Bofus again to give him 1 extra round.

Everyone should get 1 extra attack if you make a full attack, +1 AC, +1 Reflex saves and +1 attack.

Current Status:

AC 19 - Mage Armor (negates +1 from Bracers) (+1 Haste)
HP: 37/37

Spells:
Mage Armor - 6 hours left
Message - 60 Minutes left
Haste @ Mantooth & Edvard 5 rounds left
Haste @ Thordak, Tirion, Lulu & Bofus - 6 rounds left


Not in use

Round 2:
7 rounds left of Flight hex
6 round remaining of haste.

Noting that his arcane repertoire is almost spent, Edvard steps closer to the beast. His focus is placed on the dragon spawn's wings, attempting to foul the wind around them and so remove it's advantage of movement.

Move to J8, evil eye to AC on green dragon spawn
-2 to AC for 7 rounds, 1 round only with a DC 17 Will save


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 2
AC:31 (+1 Haste, +3 smite)

"You shall not escape your judgement, wicked creature! Iomedae, guide my blade to see this beast justice!" Mantooth casts smite on the creature.

The paladin charges forward with no trace of fear for the dragon spawn [ooc]H13.

Power Smite Attack 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 30
Power Smite Damage 1d10 + 7 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 + 4 = 18 +12 if the attack hits and the creature is considered an "evil aligned dragon"

Second Attack 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 + 1 = 17
Damage 1d20 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 6 = 23

I would not get the second haste attack because I moved first, correct? If I do, then please make the +7 a +12


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 2 This is Mantooth
AC:23, DR Acid: 5

"Torag's beard that is ah slippery beast!"

Thordak waits until Tirion has cast haste and then releases another volley of bolts on the dragonspawn.

Crosbow Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)
Thordak son of Throtgar wrote:

Round 2 This is Mantooth

AC:23, DR Acid: 5

"Torag's beard that is ah slippery beast!"

Thordak waits until Tirion has cast haste and then releases another volley of bolts on the dragonspawn.

Crosbow Attack 1d20+9+1
Damage 1d10+3

Attack 1d20+9+1
Damage 1d10+3

Attack 1d20+9+1
Damage 1d10+3

I think Thordak needs to have the sight on his bow checked. Either that or get the dicebot swapped out.


Dungeon Master

Round 2

• Thordak fires off a series of bolts, rapidly reloading between each shot. The first bolt hits the creature once, but his other two shots fly astray.

• Mantooth moves up to attack the Razorfiend. Just as the paladin approaches, however, its wingblade strikes at him with amazing speed (readied attack).

Wingblade 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 = 13

However, you deflect the blow. In return, you deliver a damaging blow, that leaves the Greenspawn aware of your threat.

• Bofus shoots at the dragon spawn hitting it with both shots, but it does not seem to pay it much attention. The halfling then steps up to E9.

• Edvard focusses on the dragon spawn's wings, attempting to foul the wind around them and so remove the creatures advantage of movement.

Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

• Tirion casts Haste on Tirion, Thordak and Lulu.

Round 3

• Greenspawn Razorfiend furious with the paladin for its striking blow, attacks mercilessly and lands two slicing blows with his wingblades, but misses with its deadly bite.

Wingblade 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 HIT!
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10 points off of Mantooth

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 = 18

Bite 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Wingblade 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 HIT!
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14 points off of Mantooth

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 6 = 14

Battlemat

• Thordak (unresolved)
• Mantooth (unresolved)
• Bofus (unresolved)
• Edvard (unresolved)
• Tirion (unresolved)

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ROUND 3
Current AC: 27

Free action, out of turn: yell out Mantooth!! Wait for me, I'll flank with you!

I drop my bow and, with Hastened move, scamper over to H15 (should be able to get there w/out drawing), drawing rapier on the way.

then I stab the fiend in the tail!

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (4, 4, 3) = 14

Ha! Ignore THAT, you naughty lizard!!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Round 3
I move to F3 while drawing a thin rod tipped with a reaching hand. Pointing at the beast I call out:

Draconic:

Tis almost time the first light dawns;
Now feel the power of the mighty Bronze.

I cast Shocking Grasp:

Attack-ranged touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage:5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 1, 3) = 9 <-- Damage is electric since this seems to be an acid type creature.


Not in use

Round 3:
6 rounds left of Flight hex
5 round remaining of haste.

Edvard continues a slow approach to the beast, this time drawing his focus unto the dragon spawn's eyes - attempting to force them closed for an instant just as it strikes so as to foul it's aim.

Move to J8, evil eye to Attack on green dragon spawn
-2 to Attack for 7 rounds, 1 round only with a DC 17 Will save


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 3
AC: 31

Knocked back briefly from the two wingblade attacks, the paladin lifts his sword high above his head to bring it down onto the dragonspawn's - repeatedly.

Magnimarana Power Attack 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 + 3 - 2 = 34
Magnimarana Power Damage 1d10 + 7 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 6 + 4 = 27

Critical Confirm 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 + 3 = 22
Critical Damage 1d10 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 6 = 21

Haste Attack 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 + 3 = 24
Haste Damage 1d10 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 6 = 23

Third Attack 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 3 = 22
Damage 1d10 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 6 = 23


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 3

Thordak climbs up to C10 and fires off another two shots at the beast!

"See how ye like these bolts, lizardbrain!"

Crossbow Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 5

Crossbow Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 2


Dungeon Master

Round 3

• Thordak moves up to C10 and fires another few bolts at the Razorfiend, hitting it once.
• Mantooth raises up Magnimarana high above his head and under the Inheritor's guidance, brings it crashing down upon the Greenspawn Razorfiend ending its life. A pool of black blood oozes out of the creature staining the ground upon which it lays.

Battlemat


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth takes a step back from the growing pool of blood to avoid stepping in it and immediately wipes off his blade. Once Magnimarana is clean, Mantooth holds it pointed upward at chest-level and closes his eyes for a brief prayer. "Thank you for your guidance in this battle, Iomedae - your justice served."

Mantooth turns back to the group. "I do not detect any other auras of evil in the area."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, that was a little scary for a moment, wunnit?!?! I think you magicky types ought to catch some shut-eye, and we'll try to keep you from having to wake up again until you're fully rested, what what?

On a whim, I pull out my Eye of the Dragon and look through it, at the dead beastie.

Hey, I don't know dragon lore all that well--is this a creature similar enough to dragons that it might have some nice shiny treasure?? Because I'll bet Thordak could track it's lair if htat would be worthwhile . . . just sayin' . . .


Dungeon Master

The dead Greenspawn razorfiend does not appear to wear anything of value upon itself. Furthermore, the eye of the dragon do not see any other "eyes" in the area.

Bofus:
However, you do catch a glint of something upon the leg of the deceased owl. Upon closer inspection, you notice a jade band upon its leg that is inscribed with elven letters that spell the name "Liokio".

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Oh, what a shame . . . I reach down and remove the band from the bird's leg. This magnificent creature was a pet, or animal companion or something, of one of the elves. We should keep this band so that we can return it to the owner. I'll stowe it.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

"A band? Hm. It doesn't hold anything inside of it, does it? Perhaps a message?" Mantooth walks towards the remains of the large owl and surveys them. "I think this was more than just a pet, Bofus. It could have been someone's mount."

Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Can Mantooth discern any bones in the melted carcass that look humanoid?

How big is the owl? Large enough to ride?


Dungeon Master

Mantooth, No, you cannot find any humanoid remains in the pile of bones, but Yes, the giant owl was rather large, with a wingspan of over twenty five feet long and could have easily carried a human sized rider or two.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak also examines the the carcass and the surrounding area. "Wotch where ye steppin' an' let me 'ave a look."

Survival, Tracking 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

"Hmm.." Thordak tugs at his beard whilst examining the ground, looking for an origin of where the tracks may have come from.


Dungeon Master

Thordak:
Carefully scouting the surrounding area, you find the Greenspawn Razorfiend has difficult tracks to follow, especially since it often leaps and flies for great distances. However, you do find evidence that it came from the west and you are confident that you could follow its trail once it becomes lighter outside.

6,351 to 6,400 of 10,357 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.