Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


6,201 to 6,250 of 10,249 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>

Dungeon Master

I will permit Bofus to catch Thordak's attention before making the shot. Thordak, if you still wish to shoot, please let me know.

I now have your battlemat prepared. The lone guard that you see if at the top of the palisade, half asleep.

Battlemat

Edvard:
I have placed you on the battlemat at O36. You have been aware of this road block in your land for several weeks now. You have been able to negotiate around it both to the north and south, but it is most definitely an invasion of your land. There are several ogres and hobgoblins that inhabit this blockade. They use it as a base and from there they go out and keep building a wall to prevent anyone from trying to get past their blockade. You notice this party approaching from the south. There is a dwarf with a crossbow riding upon a hippogriff, a human paladin riding on a majestic steed, a halfling on a pony, a dark skinned gnome on a pony, and a Mwangi running along beside the group.

You may enter as you see fit.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Aye, go ahead Bofus.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

:-)

Tirion, howzabotu you use that Message spell,so I can keep in conference and let you konw what else is back there?

I'll make my way along the left (west) side of the path, using the ample brush as cover.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27

Then I'll quietly climb up the wall, keeping an eye out for other guards.

Climb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 <--is that good enough?
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

As I crest the wall, I take another quick look around while drawing my rapier, ready to stab the guard. Assuming I think it's a good idea, I'll motion to my buddies to approach, while I get ready to do the deed! I'll wait for results of the above before making the coup de grace

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

wow, not a single roll out of 4 over a 7.


Dungeon Master

DM Rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Bofus, gets off of his pony and stealthily advances upon the palisade apparently undetected. He then proceeds to try and climb up the outside walls of the blockade. However, after getting partway up, he is unable to find any decent handholds, slips, and falls back down to the ground wounding his arm and his pride.

(Bofus, the DC to catch yourself falling off of a wall is about 45 so I did not even bother have you roll).

Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Battlemat

More DM Rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Upon landing, you hear some stirring within the palisade, but the sleeping guard up on top does not stir.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I cast Message.

@DMHW - how far are we from Bofus? Less than 160 feet, I will cast it normally. More than 160' and I will use my Rod of Reach which should extend it to about 740' I think.


Not in use

DMHW:
Before stealing close to the outpost, Edvard spent a moment in concentration. Focusing his mind upon his ring he held it before himself and drew an intangible envelope of force from it to clothe his form. Use bonded ring to cast ablative barrier for +2 AC, and converts 5 damage from each hit to non-lethal (30 damage total). Lasts 6 hours.

Having prepared and drawn near to the outpost the arrival of the party from the South gives Edvard pause. Curious... one cannot think them in league with the savages... but caution is advisable. Edvard holds himself in a half-crouch... watchful and waiting.


Dungeon Master

Tirion, look at the first battlemat from this encounter and you can see that I put you at about 100 feet from the palisade door where Bofus is currently lying on the ground.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

humph!!

let's try this again. First, listen closely, see if i can determine what, and how many, thingies are behind the palisade.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

then, assuming I think it's safe enough, get up that dagum wall.

Climb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Since that was only 5 better than my failure, I'll assume it's a net zero gain. I'll also add the stealth

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41
Climb again: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Now, take out that dang sleeping sentry!!!

CdG damage: 2d4 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + (3, 6, 1) = 17 <--and if this doesn't kill him outright, he has to make a fort save or die--I forgot the DC, sorry!


Not in use

DMHW:
Occurred to me that they may be able to see me, so here's a Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 roll just in case you need it for them or the outpost.


Dungeon Master

The halfling, Bofus, makes another attempt to climb the wall. Although doing better, he still falls to the ground.

Fall damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

However, not discouraged, the halfling dusts himself off and third time being a charm, quickly reaches the palisade tower above. Once on top, Bofus does not waste and instant and delivers a quick coup de grace eliminating the sleeping hobgoblin guard.

Bofus:
However, from the top of the palisade you peer down over the edge and clearly see an ogre on each side as well as several more hobgoblins preparing for battle.

From the top of the tower there are two hatches that descend by ladder into the ground level floor of the palisade. You can see them on the battle mat at I13 and O18. The doors indicated on the battlemat are actually for the ground level and not the tower that you stand upon.

Battlemat

Edvard:
Thanks for the stealth check. I have modified it with the distance the party is from you and indicated it in the spoiler below.

Perception DC 35:
About fifty feet to the east of the palisade is a humanoid crouching behind a tree, watching and waiting.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

*whisper* OK guys, here's the deal . . . read the above spoiler, I'll lay it all out. And I can't make that perception check, so I won't bother to try.

DMHW:
I'd forgotten something: can I make 2 acrobatics checks to lessen each fall by 10'--thereby negating all the damage?


Not in use

DM HW:
Listening intently after the halfling makes his labored ascent to the top of the outpost...
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
...Edvard is unable to ken any meaningful sound. Curious as to what is transpiring, but not yet ready to reveal himself, he reaches a hand into a vest pocket - feeling around for a smoothed stone of pumice. Focusing his will upon the rock, he begins to take on the porous nature of the rock and the weight of his frame slowly ebbs away.

Starting flight hex - gain a 60ft flight speed.


Dungeon Master

Bofus:
Yes you may roll two Acrobatics checks DC 15 for each check to avoid taking any damage respectively.

You better also tell me what you are doing on top of the palisade. Hiding, crouching, waving, readying an attack, etc. . . .

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
Well, since my acrobatics is +15 I can't fail, so no dmage BOO-YAH. I'm actively hding while whispering to my friends. I'll keep an eye on thebad guys, try to determine what they're doing, what their plans are, etc, based on actions.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34

I'd also like to guage how much sniping I could do from here--looks like a nice, large area; perhaps large enough to take a sneak attack, then hide/move for a round, then maybe take another? And how high is this tower, and can I secure the trap door shut with anything pre-made, or would it take a Disable Device check to make it stuck?

Edit: actually, I'll go ahead and quietly close and secure the trapdoors.

Northern trapdoor Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42

Southern trapdoor Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29


Dungeon Master

Bofus:
The floor of the tower you are on is about 20 feet off of the ground. Shooting down over the wall into either of the wings would not be a problem and would certainly offer you cover. In fact there are arrow slits on each side of the tower wall. However, the two ladder openings in the floor have ladders attached to the walls and there are no hatches to close or seal shut. Sorry if I made it sound like there were doors, but there actually are none. You hear hobgoblins shouting below and equipping themselves for battle. You are certain they will be up those ladders any minute now. Unfortunately, there is little to block the entranceway with other than the single body of the slain hobgoblin. You are also aware that your comrades are about a 130 feet away south of the palisade on the Rhest trail.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

*whisper* Guys, they're getting ready to climb this tower, I need to get out before they eat me. I'll slow them down as much as i can before I have to bail!

Spoiler:
I'll quickly pull out both my tanglefoot bags. If I think that one of the ladders will be scaled before the other, i'll hover over that one, with the intention of throwing a bag on the first guy, then going to the next ladder adn doing the same. If they're both going to be climbed simultaneously . . . I'll throw a bag down on the northenmost guy who climbs, then dash to the other ladder and hit him.

Then, I'll want to observe whether that slows htem down enough to risk climbing down gracefully, or if I have ot use more drastic measures, if you follow me!


Not in use

DM HW:
Precious seconds pass after the halfling made his ascent, and the ones who came with him do not seem to be moving to his assistance... Edvard is left with a choice - advance or stand firm. Surely these cannot be in league with the savages... but they may need my assistance.

Edvard steps lithely over the intervening ground towards the palisade, before calling upon his ability to fly - channeling the airy nature of the pumice stone and rising from the ground.

Move to O,30; then 5ft into the air - no real attempt to hide self, though I should still be below the top of the compound walls?
Fly check to hover: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 4 = 22 - is a DC 15 so really an auto success.


Dungeon Master

DM Rolls:

Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Bofus:

You throw a tanglefoot bag down upon the first hobgoblin who advances up the northern ladder. As the bag hits its target, a sticky tar and resin burst over the creature and quickly begins to harden as it is exposed to the air. The hobgoblin, is soon stuck upon the ladder and appears unable to climb any higher.

Upon hearing another humanoid climbing up the souther ladder, you toss another tanglefoot bag down upon him. This one, however, manages to brush off much of the resin before it hardens. Although he still advances, he is definitely slower than he was.

I will permit, one more action before he arrives at the top.

Perception DC 25 or Bofus Perception DC 20:

Off to your east, just outside of the palisade a dark haired humanoid hovers off of the ground watching you carefully.

Battlemat

Edvard:
Feeling the power of the pumice stone within your hand, its energy surges through you as you feel yourself lifted off of the ground, hovering closer to the palisade. You are able to hear shouts and yelling coming from within the palisade. Although you cannot understand what they are saying, it is clear that they are angrily preparing for battle. On top of the palisade, you are also able to see that the halfling, but you are unclear what he is doing up there. He does not appear to be making an attempt to flee, nor are his companions making an attempt to come to his aid.

You are permitted to open the Perception Spoiler immediately above without a check. This is the battlemat and is mostly meant for the others just in case they are able to spot you.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Whisper: Bofus - there is a dark haired person flying to the east of you. Be careful.

Minor Retcon: I would have cast Mage Armor as soon as I saw the barrier. Duration - 6 hours.

Hearing Bofus' prior statement I cast Spectral Hand and move to where I can see everyone.

Whisper: Bofus, I can make you invisible if I can see you.

If Bofus moves to where I can see him, I will cast Invisibility
--> It is range Touch - but with the Spectral Hand, I should be able to have a range of 160'.


Not in use

DM HW and Tirion:
The dark haired humanoid floating to the East of the outpost is dressed in a hard-wearing wilderness outfit of dark browns and greens. His left hand bears a straight cut wooden staff that is ringed with blackened iron bands. His hair is drawn back from his face, but remains untidy.

As he hovers a few feet from the ground, he brings his right hand to his face and cuts his eye socket just below the eyebrow with the nail on his right hand. As the blood begins to seep into his eyes, the orbs smoulder with a inner fire.

DM HW:
As Edvard draws his thumbnail across his eyes his heightened senses pick up on the sharp prick of pain, and his nostrils fill with the metallic tang of blood. Through breathing and focus Edvard draws upon the strength of his blood, mixing it with the anger felt towards the savages that have invaded his home. He begins a sussurant and dark chant in elven "Le feu de la haine, et la force du sang." Elvish - The fire of hate, and the strength of blood.

As his gaze is tinted blood red, he pushes the feelings outward, through his sight. The anger is made manifest as his eyes begin to smoulder, ready to catch flame.

Let me know if I'm going overboard on spell descriptions at any time. The bloodletting is just meant to be flavor text for the spell.
Edvard remains hovering in place (auto Fly check success).

Tirion Spellcraft DC 17:
The spell cast was burning gaze.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

well, since I've given my position away, a sneak attack aint' gonna work. DMHW, my last action is this: drink a potion of Feather Fall, and jump off the pallisade. I'll jump off the eastern side, and use the Feather Fall to grab hold of the wall at N 20 part way down. Once the bad guys are all on tehir way up, I'll release and let myself go the rest of the way.

*whisper* Guys, they're all going to man the tower. Yo jmight want to close distance so they don't take potshots at you.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Seeing Bofus jump, I cast Invisibility so that he can escape.

Whisper: Bofus, you are invisible, get out of there.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Seeing the strange flying man begin to cast a spell, which I have no clue about, I again cast Message and point at the man.

Whisper - I do not know who you are, but if you attack the halfling, it will be last thing you do. If you are here opposing these monsters, then we welcome your assistance.


Not in use

Wondering slightly where we are with the round order and action sequence? - I'm pretty sure that I cast burning gaze in the same round that Bofus jumped, and Tirion cast spectral hand?
So Edvard would be able to act again prior to Tirion casting invisibility?


Dungeon Master

You all are able to see the heads several angry hobgoblins armed with longbows emerge out onto the tower atop the palisade. Behind cover they take up positions behind arrow slits in the wall.

Bofus:
The last of the ogres and hobgoblins have entered the palisade through the eastern door and you gently float down into the eastern wing of the barricade. This small courtyard appears to be used by the hobgoblins as a training ground. There is a barrel of spears and javelins at N22.

Bofus Initiative 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Edvard Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Mantooth Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Mutamba Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Thordak Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Tirion’s Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Hobgoblin’s Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ogre’s Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Round 1

Bofus (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Mutamba (unresolved)
Edvard (unresolved)
Ogre (unresolved)
Hobgoblin (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)
Tirion (unresolved)

Battlemat


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Sorry, I have been really busy with work the last few days. Normally, Mage Armor would be cast well before combat (it lasts 6 hours). Spectral Hand shortly before combat if I am expecting it (6 minute spell). Especially with Bofus calling out the enemy via whisper.

As I was gone for a number of posts, I do not know how many of the spells I listed, that I would have been able to cast before the real combat started.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ROUND 1
*whisper* Are you kidding?? Now that you made me invisible, I'm sticking around!! can cause more havoc that way

I'm going to draw my rapier, and make an active perception to observe my surroundings--how is this structure actually blocking the road, whether it can be sabotaged or circumvented, that sort of thing. End up toward the back of the structure (K21)

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 23 + 20 = 52
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Dungeon Master

Tirion, I'm sorry I did not aknowledge it. All of your spells mentioned were under effect before initiative started.


Not in use

Round 1:
Ablative barrier: 6 hours remaining, +2 AC, convert first 5 damage of any hit to non-lethal.
Flight hex: 8 rounds remaining of first minute (60ft good maneuverability)
burning gaze: round 1/6 - can spend std action to damage target within 30ft

Edvard sees the emergence of the hobgoblins and feels a flash of anger spur him to rash action. Arms held to the side he sweeps forward through the air before the stockade, rising higher above the wall as he does. His blood rimned eyes flash with intent and rays of intense heat stream forth unto the nearest goblinoid. As the target of his ire feels the burn, he cries in common "Your time is nigh vermin... you will die here"

Burning Gaze: Fort save DC 16 or 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire damage; and if damaged Reflex save DC 16 or catch fire for another 1d6 ⇒ 3

Move action 40ft to P,22 and 10ft up
Standard action direct burning gaze at O,17

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

*whisper* Whoa, who's this guy? Someone new to the party?! Well, the enemy of my enemy and all that, eh?? Nice and dramatic, flying around, burning guy slike that . . . neat!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Hope this is all acceptable.

Round 1

Whisper to Edvard (Message should be in effect): Well, as they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So, welcome to the roadblock destruction party, I hope you know what you are doing.

@DMHW - what can I see? Are there any hobgoblins or ogres visible?

Whisper: Mantooth and Thordak, can you guys get any of them with your crossbows? No reason to assault a barricade like this, eventually they will come scampering out like the vermin they are.

I move to AJ20.
_______________
Mantooth takes out his crossbow and loads it. He moves to AJ21 and watches for any targets.
@DMHW - are any visible? If so he will shoot one. Let me know and I will post the attacks and damage.

_______________
Mutumba moves to AG7 and watches for any flanking attackers.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Dungeon Master

Tirion, two hobgoblins are visible in the tower. However, they have improved cover due to the arrow slits they are firing out of. Ranged shots would be fine, but obviously they will be harder to hit.


AC 17 hp: 40 Attack +9 Damage 1d6+6 (19-20x2) or +7/+7 Damage 1d6+4 (19-20/x2)

Round 1

The Hobgoblins on the palisade race to the edge and let their arrows fly. They appear to be aiming for Mutamba.

Composite Longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Composite Longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Hit!
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Points of Damage off of Mutamba!

Composite Longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Composite Longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Composite Longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Round 1 - cont

Mantooth

Mantooth aims his crossbow at one of the hobgoblins

Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 8 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 8 = 7

Seeing his shot strike the barricade close to the hole.

I do not think that my hands are stead enough to hit those arrow slits.

Mantooth then stays behind one of the trees and out of sight of the arrow slits.


Dungeon Master

Round 1

• Bofus draws his rapier and investigates the structure. Moves to K21.

Bofus:
The palisade is made out of wooden logs and seems relatively well built. They appear to have made a wall of large rocks east and west of However, you believe that it could be circumvented on foot by simply going around, but travel along the road north or south would need to pass through this outpost.

• Mantooth takes out his crossbow, fires, misses, and moves to AJ21.
• Mutamba moves to AG7. He looks for flankers but does not see any.
• Edvard flies to P22, hovering ten feet above the ground and calls out "Your time is nigh vermin... you will die here". He then directs his burning gaze at O17.

Hobgoblin Fort Saving Throw 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Hobgoblin Reflex Saving Throw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

The O17 hobgoblin erupts into flames scorched by the witch's gaze, but he manages to quell the flames.

• Ogre (resolved)
• Hobgoblin race to the edge of the tower and fire arrows from their composite longbow. One arrow hits Mutamba.

• Thordak (unresolved)

• Tirion whispers to Edvard, Mantooth and Thordak and then moves to AJ 20.

Battlemat

Round 2

Bofus (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Mutamba (unresolved)
Edvard (unresolved)
Ogre (unresolved)
Hobgoblin (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)
Tirion (unresolved)


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Not sure what you rolled, but Mutamba and Mantooth and I are all attempting to position ourselves behind the trees to get the best cover we can. I do not know whether this will affect the shot at Mutamba, but that was my intention for where I moved him.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
--remind me. When we've heard about the ogres/hobbies taking over the road, was there mention of whether they took over an existing established toll/gatehouse, or built their own?? This is important, as i don't want to destroy something that ought to be here! But rest assured, I will if I have to. hehe. an I tell by looking whether this is new construction, or something that's been aroudn a bit?

OH OH OH I just had a horrible, awesome idea. How do hte bad guys get in/out of the pallisade? how many doors are there, and can they be juryrigged to stay closed???


Not in use

Round 2:
Ablative barrier: 6 hours remaining, +2 AC, convert first 5 damage of any hit to non-lethal.
Flight hex: 7 rounds remaining of first minute (60ft good maneuverability)
burning gaze: round 2/6 - can spend std action to damage target within 30ft

Edvard pays no mind to the nagging voice that has entered his thoughts for the moment, focused upon the threats before him. Seeing the hobgoblins arrange themselves in a pretty little line Fortuitously so...

Black haired and wild, he wills his form to continue rising...
Fly check: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 4 = 16 Bugger... needed a DC 20 to rise vertically
...though his focus falters for a moment, and he is unable to ascend. Instead he must content himself with continuing his withering gaze upon the goblinoid presently in pain.
Burning Gaze: 1d6 ⇒ 1 DC 16 Fort save to negate, if damaged then DC 16 Reflex or catch fire for 1d6 ⇒ 5 more

Move action - attempt to rise vertically, failed so remain in place.
Standard action - direct burning gaze at O,17


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Round 2

Whisper to everyone - This should slow them down. Time to show them how spiders make webs.

Cast Web centered at L15/M16 - I assume that I should be able to cast it through one of the arrow slits. This should completely fill up that area.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

*Whisper* Oh, that works just perfectly with what I was planning!! Heheheeee!!


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Round 1

Thordak moves up to AG 11 and fires his crossbow at P13.

Heavy Crossbow1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round 2

As quick as snatching his mother's cornbread off of the counter, Thordak quickly reloads another bolt into his crossbow. He then jogs up to AD11 to position himself behind a tree, takes aim and shoots again.

Heavy Crossbow1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 hp: 40 Attack +9 Damage 1d6+6 (19-20x2) or +7/+7 Damage 1d6+4 (19-20/x2)

Round 2

The hobgoblins reload their composite bows and fire down a shower of arrows upon the puny humans, fat dwarf, and the dirty gnome.

Composite Longbow @Mantooth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Composite Longbow @Tirion 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 HIT!
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Composite Longbow @Mutamba 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 HIT!
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Composite Longbow @Thordak 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Composite Longbow @Mantooth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Composite Longbow @Tirion 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Composite Longbow @Mutamba 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 HIT!
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Thordak, I think that you are at -8 on your attacks due to shooting through an arrow slit (Improved Cover)

@DMHW - do we get no bonus for being behind trees? I would have thought that would have been at least partial cover.

Also, I will modify it, but my AC is 18 from the Mage Armor.

HP loss from Spectral Hand - 1d4 ⇒ 4

Current Status:

AC 18 - Mage Armor (negates +1 from Bracers)
HP: 33/37 (not sure if last attack hit, depends on whether we have any cover)

Spells:
Mage Armor - 6 hours left
Spectral Hand - 5 minutes & 7 rounds left
Web - 60 Minutes left
Message - 60 Minutes left


Dungeon Master

Tirion, I see the benefit to AC for cover but I do not see a penalty for shooting. Where do you see that?

Tirion, I am giving all of you folks hiding behind trees partial cover. I am adding +4 to each of your ACs if you are directly behind a tree.

Bofus:
This was not a typical outpost. In fact it does look like it was recently constructed. The palisade doors open outward from the main building. There is a set of double doors both to the north and south. Single doors that open outward into courtyards to the east and west of the building, and finally open hatchways (with no doors or hatches) that open up in the roof of the building out onto the fortified tower with arrow slits.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Ah, my mistake, I figured it was a penalty to hit, it is actually a bonus to AC - pretty much works out the same way. My real questions is whether we get any AC bonus for cover as well since most, if not all of us, are behind trees - at least that is why I moved myself, Mantooth and Mutamba there.

Also, I added to my previous post while you posted your note to Bofus.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 2

Mantooth reloads his crossbow slowly, as he has not had much experience with the weapon. "I'm not sure how much of a help I will be from here, Tirion. Might we consider moving up from tree to tree?"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

ROUND 2
I'll block the double doors to the north.

If you count this as "simple" it takes 1 round.
"Tricky" is 1-4 rounds; "difficult" is 2d4 rounds. My check is sufficient to achieve any of them; I'll leave the timing up to you, DMHW.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 43 ⇒ (7) + 43 = 50


Dungeon Master

Round 1

• Thordak moves to AG11, fires his crossbow but misses.

Round 2

• Bofus (unresolved)

Bofus:
To get to the doors to the north you will need to climb up out of the courtyard you are in and down the outside to get on the north side of the barricade. I am happy to have you do that or you could secure the eastern door into the coutryard if you prefer. Please let me know. Blocking them should be considered simple. Although, do you have any spikes or something to use?

• Mantooth (unresolved)
• Mutamba (unresolved)
• Edvard sends another burning gaze upon his previous victim as he struggles to raise himself vertically with his flying.

Fort Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The hobgoblin erupts into flames and is unable to quench them. He screams as he smolders.

• Ogres (resolved)
• The hobgoblins let their arrows fly and Tirion is nearly hit ( It looks like you updated your AC since the hobgoblins posted. Thanks!) However, even with partial cover (+4 to AC), Mutamba is still hit by two arrows.

• Thordak, Champion of the Bolt and Arrow Event at the Tournament of Heroes, moves to AD11, fires directly into one of the arrow slits and hits a hobgoblin.
• Tirion casts web centered at L15/M16. Tirion, I'm sorry, but I cannot remember your DC saves for this. Could you kindly list them when you cast web?

Reflex Saving Throws

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Four of them are enmeshed in web! One of them is on fire. Next round come web and fire combined!! This will be interesting.

Battlemat

Round 3

Bofus (unresolved)
Mantooth (unresolved)
Mutamba (unresolved)
Edvard (unresolved)
Ogre (unresolved)
Hobgoblin (unresolved)
Thordak (unresolved)
Tirion (unresolved)


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Just be careful, they have a lot of archers considering all the arrows being fired.

EDIT: Wed - DC17 Reflex (Cha +5, Level 2 spell)


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Round 3

Staying crouched, Mantooth nods and decides to try to move up AG24. With his shield up to cover his head in his left hand and his crossbow in the other, Mantooth does his best not to be noticed.

Stealth 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (19) - 5 = 14


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Why does Mantooth attempting to move stealthily bring to mind an image of Shrek trying to move with stealth.

6,201 to 6,250 of 10,249 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.