Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


6,151 to 6,200 of 10,209 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>

A silhouette of an elf as black as the night stands along the wall with two weapons drawn, a razor toothed scimitar and a smaller razortoothed dagger. He stands motionless for a long moment before replying. A cold icy voice breaks the silence. "You have good vision for a surface dweller, dwarf!"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

My dreams, on the other hand, dwell on maidens of the elven variety. Bazinga!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Hearing the loud dwarf, I roll over and look to see who he is talking to at this late hour.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Upon waking, and understanding what's going on, I immediately sneak to a different postion, ready to flank. I'm unclear whether we're on the same floor as the intruder, or if we're up in the hayloft and he's down below?

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

An' you're not very good at openin' doors, elf! Ye'll be droppin' those blades now... Thordak says, keeping his crossbow aimed at the man.


Below is the battlemat. There is an open room with a loft about 15 feet above the ground. The left barn shows the loft (wooden floor), the right barn shows the stables and the ground level (dirt). Please note the ladder on E8.

Egdom's Barn

Thordak wrote:
"An' you're not very good at openin' doors, elf! Ye'll be droppin' those blades now... "

Without light, this being is difficult to see. He is a dark shadow against the wall. As Thordak speaks to him, there is a silent pause during which he does not appear to be dropping his weapons at all. After a tense moment the silence is broken by his edgy voice.

"The Dark Elf is quiet. Humans make door that is not quiet! Now, easy dwarf! Let the fire die if you do not want pain! I escape from rain here. Now who are you that stay with beasts when the burning light is in hiding?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Seeing the dark elf below not making any overtly aggressive moves, Tirion shifts to where he can see the man and readies an action to cast Haste if the drow appears to be beginning to cast a spell or reaching for a weapon.

Ready Action: Cast Haste

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

There's just no way he's alone . . .

I'm going to quietly move over to the closest window, and peek out, searching along the barn wall for others of his ilk.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Assuming I don't see anyone, I'l quietly climb out teh window--winking at my companions--and scale the wall to the ground, with the intention of circling around the barn quietly searching for the dark elf's companions.

Climb down: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Let the fire die? Who are you that comes up from tha underdark when everyone's sleepin'? An' with drawn blades no less! Now Oi'll tell ye one more time, if ye don't want any trouble, ye'll be puttin' those away now...


Bofus, finding a door on the second floor (at -B8 and -B9) opens it a crack and peers outside. The rain is pouring down and there is thunder outside. You do not perceive any others around, so you climb down the north face of the barn.

Bofus:
Once you are down and back on the ground (at -C17 outside), you do notice tracks along the muddy ground. You certainly suspect there are other drow about, but you just cannot see them yet.

Thordak wrote:
"Let the fire die? Who are you that comes up from tha underdark when everyone's sleepin'? An' with drawn blades no less! Now Oi'll tell ye one more time, if ye don't want any trouble, ye'll be puttin' those away now..."

"Tell me your name first, Dwarf, and I will consider telling you mine, but do not ask me to put my blade away while I am in company of surface dwellers! I am aware of your kind and your treachery! If you do not want . . . trouble, I suggest you put way your weapon!"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
OK, I draw my bow and nock an arrow, keeping a sharp eye and ear out. I'll start in a counterclockwise circuit around the barn--peeking around the corners first, of course. I'll watch any obvious cover, and also keep an ear/nose wary for invisible foes, as I've heard drow do lots of magical stuff.

If I percieve another potential foe, or if I get to the wall that has the door, I'll sneak back the other direction, backtracking to where I climbed down, and do the other half of the barn the same way. If I get around without noticing anyone/anything, I'll position near the barn door and be ready to jump in with a shot as needed.

first half of barn--
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

second half of barn--
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


DM Rolls:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Bofus:

You creep along outside of the barn in the pouring rain. Egdom's house is to the east of the barn. The house seems clear. However, as you cut back through the western side of the barn your eyes adjust to the darkness and you finally see them. Scattered hidden in the cornstalks are at least eight drow hiding in wait! You are not clear whether they see you or not.

Egdom's Barn Outside

On this map, once again the coordinates have changed, but the structure is still the same barn. I have given room in case you wish to move further out.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
Hmmm, how to warn everyone without giving away that I'm warning them??? I'm going to make my way to the barn door, and try to sneak in behind the drow, if there's room. I'd like to get myself into a position where the drow is between me and the group.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32

now, if possible, I want to send a secret message, using nonverbal cues (such as point to the drow, hold up 8 fingers, and point to the outside/surrounding area). I'll take a stab that trying to do it silently, even though it's a simple message, will take the "send a complex message" DC, which is 20.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 <--hah!! Specific message is "there's 8 drow surrounding us"

and if you like, another stealth check to make sure I'm doing it serruptitiously re: the drow--
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41 <--KABLAMO!!!

I'll then hunker down behind whatever barrell/haybale I'm behind, and ready my bow again--keepign a keen ear out for those outside, since I know they're there now!

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Dungeon Master

As the tension hangs in the air like a deadly knife in the verbal standoff between the drow and the dwarf, a small halfling suddenly appears in the front door behind the dark elf.

Egdom's Barn

Thoughts fly through each of your heads. Oh, it's Bofus! How did he get there?! 'Nevermind that!' you think to yourselves. Wait! He is trying to say something. What is it? I think he is trying to say that there are eight drow surrounding us!

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I shift slightly so I'm not directly in the doorway (5' east, diagonal to the drow--and Thordak could 5' step and flank with me!), and silently stow my bow and draw my rapier, ready to act

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25 <--yikes!!

I then wink, smile, and nod to Thordak--indicating I'm ready for whatever!


DM Rolls:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Egdom's Barn


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Oi am called Thordak, an' as Oi was here first, ye'll be puttin' away yer' blades now!...If ye don't like it, get out! Thordak says louder, his eyes smoldering. Unless o' course ye want a bolt between those pointy little ears o' yours...

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Thordak wrote:
"Oi am called Thordak, an' as Oi was here first, ye'll be puttin' away yer' blades now!...If ye don't like it, get out!" Thordak says louder, his eyes smoldering. "Unless o' course ye want a bolt between those pointy little ears o' yours..."

"Thor-Dakk, I am Kzarchak and I have no fear of your pitiful threats! I am drow and I come from the Darklands! One tiny cut from one of my bolts and you be in the black fire of your mind!"

"Ha! I forget the bluster surface dwarves show when they are frightened! Truth be told, I bet you have trouble hitting the inside of a barn when trapped inside with all the doors shut! We be in barn. Let us find out! Do you fear the deep dark of night, Thorr-Dakk?!! "

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Ah, yes--what a fool!! Almost forgot about that nasty poison!

Staying quiet, I reach back and grab my flask of anitoxin (which, thanks to the magic of the Handy Haversack, is on top!). I hold it up just high enough for the others to see what I'm doing behind the drow's back, and down it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41

I then hold up my rapier so Thordak can see me, and point to it with a question in my eyes . . . I wind up to hamstring the arrogant dark elf, and flash Thordak a "cat's in the milk" smile with eyebrow raises.

I'm also looking up at my other friends to try to read what their intentions are.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 <-- Can I get a read on this guy?

I stand up so that the drow can see me:

Undercommon:

But, you only have yourself and your eight companions who are so poorly hidden outside. We on the other hand recently relieved a Green Dragon of its life force. Your poison may be useful up close, but will it help if we are all invisible? Or too fast to hit? Or flying and shooting at you? While you may be powerful in the depths of your caverns, you are not the strongest on the surface, not even close.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 <-- Ok, those are some crappy rolls.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Kzarchak wrote:

"Thor-Dakk, I am Kzarchak and I have no fear of your pitiful threats! I am drow and I come from the Darklands! One tiny cut from one of my bolts and you be in the black fire of your mind!"

"Ha! I forget the bluster surface dwarves show when they are frightened! Truth be told, I bet you have trouble hitting the inside of a barn when trapped inside with all the doors shut! We be in barn. Let us find out! Do you fear the deep dark of night, Thorr-Dakk?!! "

Care to test that? Oi hope yer poison's better'n yer English! Har! Poison is fer women!

What would it take to shoot his sword out of his hand? Maybe I'll pin his foot to the floor...

Now listen pointy-ears! Oi'm gonna count te three, an' if you're still holdin' those silly wiggly knives o' yours, an' trespassin' in moi barn, yer gonna get a bolt where ye don't want it! Thordak says, sighting down the length of his crossbow.

...One!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Er, what is English? Also, Thordak, we need you to join us in Journeys as we have a battle just starting and you are about to get disemboweled if you don't do anything.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I dont' think you can disarm someone using a missile weapons by the RAW, unless there's a feat in an expansino I don't know about--which is quite likely!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

The fighter archer archetype can do it I am pretty sure, but obviously that is not relevant in this case.


Common is the language which we speak unless otherwise stated. The elf's common is clearly not as a strong as his other languages. As for the disarming, I am not aware of a way to disarm an opponent using a crossbow. If someone finds something, let me know, but it may be a mute point.

Thordak wrote:

"Now listen pointy-ears! Oi'm gonna count te three, an' if you're still holdin' those silly wiggly knives o' yours, an' trespassin' in moi barn, yer gonna get a bolt where ye don't want it! Thordak says, sighting down the length of his crossbow."

...One!

"Drizmak!!!" the drow swears. "Enough of this, we will not fight today, Thor-dakk. I will leave you in your barn, but I have no doubt that we meet again!"

The dark elf, without turning his back to the dwarf, backs up and quickly departs the barn, exiting through the front door.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

After a couple of beats, I will follow the drow out, keeping well-hidden. I want to see what htey're doing.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Once the drow, Kzarchak, leaves the Barn, the doors quickly shut behind him. Bofus, on immediately trying to follow him, you realize that the door is already locked. Perhaps Thordak will have a chance to prove that he can hit the inside of a barn when he is locked within it.

Bofus, because there is no mechanical lock on this door, you may not attempt to unlock it. You believe that the drow has laid a wooden plank across the double doors to brace them shut.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

What the heck was that all about? I really do not like those black elves.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

then I'll climb out the same window I did before. We need to see what's going on--particularly if htey DON'T want us to see.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28
Climb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Bofus:

It appears that the dark elf has barricaded the front doors to the barn and now they have huddled closer together to discuss something or perhaps do something.

Upon closer inspection you realize that they are trying to light torches! However, they appear to be having trouble getting them lit in this heavy rain. Although you cannot understand their strange language, a few of them start snapping at each other in sharp voices as they curse at each for what is clearly anger at their failings to light a simple torch.

Outside Egdom's Barn

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
I'll sneak to the front, then adjust the barricade so it can be hurled open easily. Then I'll sneak back, climb up the window to warn them, and sneak back out again!!

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30
Disable Device: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
Stealth (back):1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24
climb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

You see Bofus peek into the window from the outside.

Pppssstt!! Iv'e fixed the door so you can kick it open easily, I think--they're trying to light torches to burn the barn down. When they close, let's give 'em a surprise before they torch the place, savvy? see you outside!!

I pop back outside to find a good vantage to shoot and stuff. I want to be farily close to the barn doors, somewhere where there is sufficient cover to hide behind.

Climb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak nods and goes over to the stalls, opening them to let the animals out. He then goes up to the doors with his crossbow, prepared to kick them down. He presses his ear to the door to see what he can hear.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Dungeon Master

Bofus successfully removes the plank from the door. He then returns to the loft of the barn where he informs his friends of the impending danger. However, when he returns outside to observe the progress of the drow, he notices that they have departed. For the moment the barn appears safe and the dark elves are nowhere to be seen.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion shrugs and climbs down, right before we prepare to barge through the door, I cast Haste on all of my companions.

Standard Action: Cast Haste


Dungeon Master

Oathday, Lamashan 4, 4710, 2 hours after dawn

You awake from your uneasy sleep and realize that the rain has stopped, but a glance outside assures you that it is still overcast. The farmer Egdom greets you and asks how the night went.

"That was a mighty storm a brewin last night. I think yae made the right decision to stay in the barn. I hope the smell of hay and manure didn't keep you up!"

Do you wish to travel north along the Rhestway or stay for a bit longer?

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

You know, we heard some strange noises last night--not sure if it was anything or just our imaginations, but maybe I can convince Thordak here ot have a look around--look for strange tracks, that sort of thing?

To the group, wihtotu the farmer there: You know, those drow were either after *us*, or after this barn. We should probably try to figure out which, don't you think?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Perception (Track): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Thordak takes a look around at the soft ground after the rain.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I cast Message so that we can continue to chat without the farmer overhearing.


Dungeon Master

Thordak, son of Throtgar, ranger extraordinaire, walks around and inspects the area surrounding the barn and the yard extending into the corn field. After several moments as if he was reading the history upon the ground, he finds what he is looking for. Barely perceptible to the human eye are the traces of a trail leading southward in the direction of Witchcross. The ranger is convinced that is the direction the drow have gone.

Egdom, watches curiously until he finally interrupts the silence by asking Bofus a question.

"What's the dwarf doing? Is he alright? Those are just chicken tracks around the yard. We get them around here ya know."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

When the farmer is thanked and bidden farewell, Thordak calls the others over.

Those dark elves went off towards Witchcross. Sh'we follow 'em?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

We could chase them all day. They are not our target. If we fail, drow will be the least of the Vale's problems. We continue north and stop the wymrlord. Then, if the drow are around, we make sure the know why they have been hiding under ground for all these centuries.

I turn to the farmer.
We had visitors last night. Dark elves, those I am sure you have heard stories about. Well, they are true and they were here. Whether they were hunting us, or simply trying to get out of the rain I could not tell you. But, either way, if I were you, I would gather my belongings and make for Brindol. I know that it is a long trip, but there is a large army that will consider you, and your animals, food. I don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings, but that is the simple truth.

Now then. I would like to thank you for your hospitality, but I believe that we need to continue our travels to the north.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Yeah, unfortunately our dark friend there speaks the truth. We had dark NOT-friends show up last night, and a huge horde of monsters approaching as well. We're trying to get every town nearby to evacuate to Brindol for at least a chance at making a stand--you should join them! Thanks for the use of your barn, and we're glad the drow didn' tburn it down last night.
.
Let's go south, and get this done!!


Male

Tis merely a dot, so that the campaign is more easily accessible from my campaign page.


Dungeon Master

More discussion needed. Bofus say south. Tirion says north, Thordak appears to lean south. Let your characters come to some agreement and I will take you there. :-)


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

We were heading north, I think my short friends have their directions backwards. We are searching for a swamp at present.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

My apologies, I did, in fact, mean "north"


Dungeon Master

Oathday, Lamashan 4, 4710, 1 hours before noon.

You depart Egdom's farm and travel north along the Rhest trail. Although it is not raining, the trail still seems moist with plenty of mud and puddles to negotiate.

Up ahead a crude, ten-foot high pallisade of logs has been erected across the road, extending forty feet to either side and completely blocking all passage. A squat, twenty foot tall watchtower looms in the middle of the palisade. You catch a glimpse of movement up in the tower, and spy a hobgoblin archer leaning against a post, chin on his chest.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Aye, we'll let tha purple buggers go fer now... Thordak says, mounting up on Lulu and getting ready to go.

When he spies the wall and the archer, he dismounts and takes aim, quickly firing off several shots at the sleeping goblin.

I need some help on rules here: how many times can I shoot? Crossbow Mastery makes reloading a free action, so I can shoot as many times as I could with a bow but I'm not exactly sure how many times that is...

Crossbow:1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 24
Damage:1d10 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 12

Crossbow:1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 19
Damage:1d10 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 11

Crossbow:1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 31
Damage:1d10 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 12


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

[/ooc]Should be 2 times for you, one at your BAB and the second at your BAB -5. I do not think that you have any feats that increase your shots per round like Rapid Shot or Multishot (I also do not know whether these even work with a crossbow.)[/ooc]

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

If I can see both the sleeping sentry, and see Thordak making to shoot, I'll try to catch his eye before he makes the shots---waving, and mouthing DON'T SHOOT and shaking my head.

If he sees this, I'll try to motion him down to confer with us . . .

If you shoot and don't kill him, he'll raise the alarm. How about you let me sneak up and make sure he stays sleeping??

6,151 to 6,200 of 10,209 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.