Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


5,601 to 5,650 of 10,204 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Norro Wiston wrote:
Walking back along the Dawnway the town of Drellin's Ferry appears empty. Houses stare vacantly out at silent roads. The sun is vanishing behind the formidable scar on the horizon that is the Wyrmsmoke Mountains. Once you reach the green, you find the last few carts and wagons ready to depart. As you approach, Speaker Wiston calls over to you, takes a deep breath and wipes tears from his eyes with the back of his hand. "It seems we're about out of time," he says. "We'd best be going now if we want to keep ahead of the worg riders."

I lay a hand on the speaker's back, as high as I can reach. Good Speaker, you've done the right thing by your people. The community isn't the place you're living, it's the people. You've saved your people--the buildings can always be rebuilt. We make our stand at Brindol, where we stand a chance, and kick those bastards in the teeth!! THAT will give Drellin's Ferry pride when you return and rebuild. Go--we'll do our thing. You do yours!!

I give him a sincere salute, then head back toward the river.


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry

@Bofus

Bofus wrote:
"Good Speaker, you've done the right thing by your people. The community isn't the place you're living, it's the people. You've saved your people--the buildings can always be rebuilt. We make our stand at Brindol, where we stand a chance, and kick those bastards in the teeth!! THAT will give Drellin's Ferry pride when you return and rebuild. Go--we'll do our thing. You do yours!!"

"Mr. Beerswizzler, your words make sense and give me some comfort in this difficult time. I appreciate everything you have done. I will see you in Brindol if not sooner. Fare well, halfling."


@Bofus

"Bofus, I wish to leave with Speaker Wiston and the last of the residents, but I have not seen the wagonload from the Fortkeep Farm. Has anything happened? We need to get that shipment out of here before it is too late!"


@Tirion, Mutamba, and Mantooth

"I don't know what is wrong with the damn ferry. It seems to be working just fine earlier today."

Then Sergeant Hersk whispers to Tirion, "Does your secret weapon float by any chance?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Since Mutamba is not here, can I assume that he told me what Iormel did.

Knowledge(engineering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25.

I call out to the ferryman. Someone pulled the pin. You need to get a replacement, or something to fit in the hole and then you should be fine.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Captain Soranna Anitah wrote:
"Bofus, I wish to leave with Speaker Wiston and the last of the residents, but I have not seen the wagonload from the Fortkeep Farm. Has anything happened? We need to get that shipment out of here before it is too late!"

*sigh* Yes, dear Captain, something has happened--something terrible indeed! You really need to come with me--we'll see that you catch up to the other residents. Please, this way?

I give her time to give orders to a trusted sergeant or somethign, but I'm clearly trying to lead her at a brisk pace back to Durgin's farm and the stranded ferry. On the way, I'll fill her in--as I do NOT want any of the townsfolk to hear this yet.

Captain, I stayed behind to spy on Durgin, and it's a good thing I did. Iormel came to visit him, and berated him to free up the 2 guardsmen who were helping him load the wagon. I don't know what Iormel's game is, but he certainly wanted Durgin to finish the job *by himself*, and Iormel left with the guards, with a *%#@-eating grin on his mug. Durgin then finished loading the wagon with those accursed weapons--then drove the wagon in the wrong direction, away from Brindol!
.
My friends and I pursued him, fearing the worst--and our fears were realized as he attacked us, along with a half-dozen Bladebearer hobgoblins. We slew all but one hobgoblin--who is still alive and restrained--but alas, we were also forced to slay Durgin, who would not surrender. WE tried to revive him, but as soon as we removed that ring from his finger, he succumbed to his wounds.
.
We then made all haste back so I could try to follow Iormel; he almost evaded us by some serendipitous mechanical failure of the ferry, but I made it across anyway (my friends may still be on the other side, with the wagon). I tried to spy on Iormel, but I lsot my grip on his carriage before I could hear anything over the ambient noise. Then I found you. And here we are . . .

back at the river, I imagine.


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

As you reach the ferry, a panicked Drathgar greets you. "Hello Captain, Mr. Beerswizzler. I really want to get out of here and depart with the rest of the wagons, but we have a problem with this ferry here. I am not sure how this happened, but I have lost a pin and the capstan has come off of the rod. Consequently it will not turn and I can't get the ferry across the river. Sergeant Hersk and the others want to cross, but I'm not sure I can get this ferry working soon enough. If any of you are good with mechanical devices, now would be the time to help!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

What to I need to roll to get across? Can I use some rope to make a sling to help support myself getting across the rope Bofus walked on?


Dungeon Master

The acrobatics check to cross by walking along the rope like a tight rope artist is DC 22. This check would need to be made each round. You would move at half of your movement. To cross the Elsir River by climbing along the rope using your hands would require two climb checks DC 20. With a sling tied around the rope to catch your fall, I could reduce this to DC 15. Getting Tirion across should not be a problem. The problem will be getting the wagon across. I don't think the wagon has any ranks in acrobatics or climb. :-)


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I make a sling and start across the rope.
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Dungeon Master

@Tirion

Using a sling, you are able to pull yourself across the swiftly flowing Elsir River. You land on the eastern side nice and dry!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sergeant Hersk yells across the river, "Hey! You forgot your wagon!"

Turning to Mantooth, the Sergeant adds, "Don't ask me to try that. Hehe, I think I would break the rope with all of my extra . . . . uhm . . . padding."


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

Sorry guys, had a couple long days and no internet before work this morning.

"You are most acrobatic my little, gnomish friend!" Looking to see if there is anything he can assist with.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I examine the boat to see if I can figure out how to fix the missing pin.

Knowledge(engineering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth sits on top of the wagon still, hands on the reigns. He gives the Sergeant a pleasant smile and a slight raise of his eyebrows in return of his last comment. "You won't see me do it either, Sergeant. Not with all this extra.. plating."

While Tirion is across the river, Mantooth tries to make conversation with the man. "Was there anything eventful happening while you were at your post, Sergeant? See anything unusual?"


@ Mantooth and Mutamba

Mantooth wrote:
"You won't see me do it either, Sergeant. Not with all this extra.. plating."

"Hehe, it sounds like you wrestle with the same problem that I do, too many plates for dinner." The Sergeant grabs hold of his well rounded belly and laughs. Then turning to Mutamba he adds, "I don't see you climbing across the rope like the wee gnome and halfling. Do you have too much plating as well?"

Mantooth wrote:
"Was there anything eventful happening while you were at your post, Sergeant? See anything unusual?"

"Well, it has certainly been unusual for me to see so many towns folk pack up and walk or ride out of town, but under the circumstances, I suppose that is to be expected." The Sergeant thinks for a moment longer and then replies thoughtfully. "But now that you mention it, I've been thinking that the dark clouds gathering over the Wyrmsmoke mountains look a bit unusual. They just sort of gather and clump there. It's a little unusual to see such strange weather patterns. Even when the rest of the clouds move across the sky, the ones over yonder just seem to stay put. I'm just glad they are not hanging over us. There is nothing worse than marching a bunch of town folk through wet and muddy roads."


Dungeon Master

@Tirion & Bofus

With a successful Disable Device Check DC 20, you can finagle the capstan to run temporarily. Another pin will need to be acquired for a more permanent solution.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"Haha, no,no. It seems whe one adds too many boys to a project it is often counter productive. Plus, it is not wise to split a force too much."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I look a bit abashed at Tirion and the rest. You know, if I'd have just stopped and looked at this, I'd have realized I could have fixed this in a few seconds. In my sleep . . . with one hand tied behind my back . . .in the rain . . . with a cold . . .

as I'm speaking I slap soemthing together and get the capstan workable for now

Disable Device: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

GIve it a go now, Mister Ferryman!


Dungeon Master

Drathgar spurs his horses on which moves the capstan sending the ferry across the Elsir River. In a moment the barge reaches the western side and you are able to successfully move the wagon into the ferry. Moments later you all find yourselves standing safely on the eastern shore.


As you climb off of the ferry, Captain Soranna greets all of you. "Hello my friends. Hello Sergeant. Well most of the town has departed. I am here to wrap things up. First of all, I would like to say thank you for all that you have done. Let's just say that I am glad to see the cargo safely on this side of the river. Perhaps we should get it rolling onward to Brindol."


"I would be happy to escort it, Captain. I promise I will not tell anyone what it is, and I will certainly make sure it stays out of enemy hands!"


"This is an important job, Sergeant. Are you sure you are up to it?"


"Are you kidding? My middle name is reliable."


"Very well, but we will not be far behind. Take good care of it, and be sure not to drive it off into a ditch or something!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Well captain, here are the weapons, the captive bladebearer, and Durgin, may his soul rest in peace. I am not sure how long the hobgoblin will be paralyzed, but it will likely be for a while.
___________
Aside to the captain and out of hearing of the Sergeant:
I suggest either you or one of your senior guards stay with this wagon at all times. Also, if this can remain near the back so that Iormel cannot see it, that would be quite useful. He is either very evil, very corrupt, or very possessed. From our brief interaction with him, I am guessing that it is greed and corruption that is feeding him at present.

Which leads us to the last question, what do we do with the town. We can leave it as it is and on the slim chance the horde does not come through, it will be here when you return. I give this result a chance somewhere between slim and none. My advice is to burn the buildings and poison any stores that are left. Unfortunately I do not have poison with which to accomplish this.
_____________

To the ferryman and captain:
Also, my good ferryman. Much as I hate to say this, cutting your line and destroying your ferry is also important. The horde will get across the river, but we want to make it as slow and painful as possible.
______________

Bofus/DMHW:

I think you want to be on that wagon while the Sergeant is driving. He seems like a good person, but considering what happened with Durgin, I am not taking any chances. I think that we should ride with the town at least until we are through the pass anyway as we are to meet Thordak there.

I will follow behind with out companions so that I can keep you within range of my message spell allowing us to talk if you hear or see anything strange.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Tirion, I believe you're thinking along the right lines regarding the town--however, allow me to tweak your idea a little. Yes, we should destroy or poison any stores the horde could use. But we should leave the buildings intact, for three reasons.
.
First, if the place is abandoned, they *might* just leave it altogether and head straight for Brindol--which means that, once we win, Drellin's Ferry folk will have a place to return to.
.
Second, if we leave buildings intact, they might want to destroy and burn out of spite and bloodlust. I say, let's let THEM waste the time to do it, not do it for them.
.
Third, if they *do* burn the place, we'll see the smoke from the destruction. This will give us a better idea of how far behind they are, and how much time we have to prepare.
.
Now, about the ferry, let's take a page from our "destory the bridge" playbook. I'll juryrig this baby to fail in a short time, might buy a few moments, if nothing else!

I'll start doing that as we continue talking (once everyone is across!); I'll assume this is "difficult" (DC 20) and I'll add 5 for leaving no trace. I want it to fail after 1d4 minutes of use.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 vs. DC 25 = SUCCESS (whew!!)

Now, do we want to join the group to Brindol, or go after that undead lord guy?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

We gotta get back with Thordak in the pass, we can head toward the undead Wyrmlord from there. I want to make sure that these people and this wagon have protection at least for one day. I have no problem leaving the town intact, I just want to make sure there is as little that they can use as possible. All the animals and stores that are transportable, I assume have been taken.

Actually, I think that we should catch up with Iormel sometime midday tomorrow. At a point when he cannot try to get the wagon turned around again. I would kill to see the look on his face. Actually, come to think of it we probably will have to kill since if he is like everyone else related to this horde, he will fight to the end without surrender.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, I'm with you, Shorty--and I, for one, will shed not a tear if I'm forced to stab that self-righteous fop in the guts!! Shall we go? Or is there anything else we need to . . . saaaaaayyy, I think there *is* somethign I need to look into. You guys go ahead, I'll catch up. *wink*

If anyone hedges at my separating, I'll give them the cherubic Trust me!! and scamper off toward the town.

DMHW:
I want to go check out Iormel's house and any other buildings on his propert--specifically for hidden stores/treasures for the Red Hand!!! I'll either wait until the caravan moves on, or sneak off if they're not moving fast enough. You just tell me which I'm doing.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Bofus, wait. We have one other issue. We have asked for the Forest Giant's help, how are we going to get a message to them? I would hate to lose their help if they are coming.

The horse I summoned earlier should still be around for several hours. I make sure that Bofus takes it.

Once we have figured out how we want to handle the forest giants"

Well Mantooth, Mutamba, Sergeant Hersk, and most importantly Captain Soranna, lets get on the road. I would not expect the horde to arrive today, but perhaps in a day or so. But, I definitely would prefer to not be here if they arrive earlier than expected.


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

Just before you all separate, a familiar face comes out from the Old Bridge Inn and greets you with a hardy slap on the back.

"Yae cannae escape that easy, boys!"

Tirion wrote:
"Bofus, wait. We have one other issue. We have asked for the Forest Giant's help, how are we going to get a message to them? I would hate to lose their help if they are coming."

"Aye, if I wer yae, I wouldnae worry aboot the old Forest Giants. It Grunty leads his kind doon from the hills tae take on the Red Hand, then they will either attack them while their here, or follow their path all the way tae Brindol. Now, where did yae all get tae? I was enjoyin maeself at Kellin's lovely wee Inn and I musta had a wee shut eye. When I got up, I didnae see any of yae aboot. Hav yae packed all yer belongings to take back tae Brindol?"

'So now that I'm up, I'm nae tae sure what tae dae. We've warned all the town folk and they've evacuated the toon. Now I can gae back tae mae wee hoose in the woods and defend it frae gobbies and hobbies, but I'm nae sure if I couldnae be used fer something else. Dae yae have need o mae services oor should I wait here fer the arrival o' Grunty and the others?"


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

I will let you know what happens after the others leave Brindol. You still have your pony so you could catch up later if you need to. I will let you finish any discussion you want with Jorr and the others first.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"I am agreeing with Tirion. We do not have the lesiure of wiating any longer. The horde will be upon us soon and we have little time to spare."


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14
Jorr Natherson wrote:
"Dae yae have need o mae services oor should I wait here fer the arrival o' Grunty and the others?"

. . .

"Aye what's the matter? Cat got yer tongue? I guess yae are just a wee bit surprised tae see me stil aboot! Yae cannae get rid o' me that easily!"


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Please feel free to continue your discussion with Jorr, the Captain and the others, but I will lead onward for when that has finished.

You return to the two story manor house that belongs to councilman Iormel. The house appears to be made of granite with four large pillars in the front. The grounds are exquisitely filled with many flower gardens as well as a small gardener's hut. Although it is not as big as the manor houses of Brindol, it is certainly just as nice. However, the house does appear very secure with all of the shutters closed and the front door boarded up with wooden planks. A note is clearly posted against those planks that upon closer inspection reads as follows:

To the Red Hand and other trespassers, vandals and intruders.

This property belongs to Iormel. Stay out leave this property immediately. Failure to heed to my clear warning will result in retribution of the most severe sort! You have been warned!

Sincerely, Iormel


Tirion wrote:
"Well Mantooth, Mutamba, Sergeant Hersk, and most importantly Captain Soranna, lets get on the road. I would not expect the horde to arrive today, but perhaps in a day or so. But, I definitely would prefer to not be here if they arrive earlier than expected."

Obviously a little out of shape, Sergeant Hersk attempts to climb up onto the wagon with some difficulty. After a few tries, and slightly out of breath, he makes it into the seat and replies, "All set . . . Ready to go when you give the word, Captain. Is everything secure back there?"


Mutamba wrote:
"I am agreeing with Tirion. We do not have the lesiure of waiting any longer. The horde will be upon us soon and we have little time to spare."

"I agree, my Mwangi friend. Although it is a slim hope, I do hope the people of Drellin's Ferry will be able to return here some day. But's let's not delay any longer. I will join the Sergeant and proceed with the wagon until Brindol. With a little luck we will be pulling into Terrelton late tonight, and we will move further onward to Nimon's Gap the following day. Do not feel you have to wait for us, but I certainly would not object to the company if you chose to stay with us all the way to Terrelton. I'm also not sure how active the hobgoblin raiders will be this evening."


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"I am bound by the desire to be any one place, Captain. Irori guides me where I need to beand there it is I will stay till I have learned the lesson he has placed before me. If you need me to speak to your people or give aid and comfort, I am at your disposal." says the Mwangi with a bow.


"You are most kind, noble Mwangi. Indeed if you are true to your word, then your gifts will certainly be put to good use before this is all over. In the meantime, kindly pray to Irori and find out if he has any idea how to stop this wave of evil from consuming our entire vale! There must be something that can be done!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I believe that we should accompany you at least as far as Nimon's Gap. We are to meet our companion the flying dwarf at that point. As we mentioned when we arrived, we were beset by hobgoblin raiders on the way here from Brindol, so I have no doubt that there might be more to harass you and your good townsfolk on the trip back.

Once we reach Nimon's Gap and meet up with Thordak, I believe that it would be in the best interest to separate from you all. We will provide you will information regarding the horde in case Matthais did not make it. And an introduction to the Lord of Brindol.

I think that we have reached the conclusion as a group that while protecting the people of the Vale is important, taking this fight to those who are leading this horde is more important. Without severing its head, these horrible Wyrmlords will simply create another army with more dragons and dragon spawn and simply attack again. Our first target is this Wyrmlord creating an undead army. From there, we will find the base for the next key Wyrmlord. One by one they will fall, by sword, by spell, and by whatever other means are available to us.
__________

To Jorr:
If you are able to remain concealed from the horde and are willing, I believe that waiting for the Forest Giants and helping to guide them could be invaluable. And even if the giants do not arrive, simply having someone here with the ability to gather information on the horde and remain hidden in the woods would be of great benefit.


Tirion wrote:
"I think that we have reached the conclusion as a group that while protecting the people of the Vale is important, taking this fight to those who are leading this horde is more important. Without severing its head, these horrible Wyrmlords will simply create another army with more dragons and dragon spawn and simply attack again. Our first target is this Wyrmlord creating an undead army. From there, we will find the base for the next key Wyrmlord. One by one they will fall, by sword, by spell, and by whatever other means are available to us."

"If you are willing to do this, you will garner the thanks of all the people of the vale! So where do you go to find this horrible Wyrmlord? I suspect they will keep their hideout very secret!"


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14
Tirion wrote:
"If you are able to remain concealed from the horde and are willing, I believe that waiting for the Forest Giants and helping to guide them could be invaluable. And even if the giants do not arrive, simply having someone here with the ability to gather information on the horde and remain hidden in the woods would be of great benefit."

"Aye, I can dae that. I have nae fear o' the giants, and who's ta ken, I mebbae get tae shoot a few hobbies as well. After all, this is the place I call home and I'm not inclined to give it awa. Perhaps I'll meet up with all of yae again at some point. So I hear yae're plannin tae go tae Nimon's Gap. Where will yae go frae there?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

After Nimon's Gap, it appears north into the Saarvith swamps is the goal. According to the information we have obtained, this is where the undead Wyrmlord has her base. I believe there is an old trail which skirts the Witchwood and will take us just east of the swamp. The we will find our way from there. Jorr, do you perchance know any information about this swamp and where there might be a place where an evil encampment might be set up.

Oh, and I know that it is likely too late, but would there be a way to take out any of the supports from the old dwarf bridge here? My guess is that with the ferry out of commission, the giants will attempt to drop logs from support to support to create a bridge.


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14
Tirion wrote:
"After Nimon's Gap, it appears north into the Saarvith swamps is the goal. According to the information we have obtained, this is where the undead Wyrmlord has her base. I believe there is an old trail which skirts the Witchwood and will take us just east of the swamp. The we will find our way from there. Jorr, do you perchance know any information about this swamp and where there might be a place where an evil encampment might be set up."

Jorr looks at you with a bewildered expression. "Saarvith swamps yae say?!! I've niver heard of such o' place. Ye say that the trail skirts the Witchwood an comes east o' the swamps? Yae must be talking about the Blackfens. Those are the swamps east of Lake Rhestin. Hae yae nae heard of Rhest?"

"Yae probably dannae want a history lesson, but I'll gie it tae yae anawa. The proud city of Rhest was the capital o' the Kingdom of Rhestilar, and once stood as thae center o' civilization in this region. After three hundred years of glory, a combination o' corruption, treachery, and civil strife weakened thae kingdom tae such an extent that it wasnae able to withstand the horde that assaulted it twa hundred years ago. This last great goblinoid uprising before the present day saw thae kingdom destroyed and thae city of Rhest sacked. As the goblin horde looted the burning town, its remaining defenders made a fateful decision an' destroyed the levees that held back the waters of the Stonewash river, flooding the city an' drowning the horde."

"In the aftermath, the survivors abandoned their homes and resettled in Dennovar, Brindol, and similar communities to the south. For the last twa centuries, the city of Rhest has slowly been sinking intae the sodden Blackfens. If goblin hae returned tae the Blackfens, then they are likly tae be in the auld city of Rhest which has long been flooded. I'd be richt careful there if I were yae. There are many lizard folk aboot tha' region and they willnae take kindly tae visitors."


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"I will do what is best." is the only reply the monk can give to the captain's request.


Mutamba wrote:
"I will do what is best."

"I'm sure that you will, and I mean no offense when I say this, but you may need to find yourself some armor or at least some training with weapons if you are going to accompany these guys. It is not uncommon right now to meet up with all sorts of hobgoblins and other humanoids. They often like to raid people along the dawnway."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Jorr, here is what I am speaking of. I show him the map we got from Koth. Actually, from your description, I bet this Saarvith is the Wyrmlord and that they are using the city to raise an undead army. This is more likely if there are numerous hobgoblin's who are dead and rotting in the area as this would provide the necromancer with dead to turn into undead.


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

Jorr takes Koth's Map in his hands and then he pulls out his own Map of the Elsir Vale and compares the two of them. Then he show both maps to Tirion.

"Aye, Tak a look here, Blackie. Dae yae see the flooded remains of Rhest on mae map? As yae can see it isnae far from the spot where your wee gobbie map says Saarvith. I dinnae ken who this Saarvith fiend is, but I'd bettcha mae wee nippin flask that's where the Wyrmlord is hidin."

Please note that you can zoom in on both of these maps for quite a detailed look.


"Mister Nugutu, you mentioned that you would be willing to help us. I am not sure what to do with the body of Durgin Fortkeep. We need to bury his corpse, but I am not sure about last rites and all of that. Are you a priest who could give him a blessing and say a few kind words to help him on his journey in the afterlife?"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

sorry, was busy yesterday and today. I think the discussion thus far isnt' anything I'm going to add to.

I hang back to check out a few things.

dmhw:
Man, that is one interesting note. Obviously, he's left some stuff in there that he wants to come back to. Check the door for traps w/EoD.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37

If it's trapped, disable it.
Disable Device; 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35

If the door is locked, unlock it:
DD: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38

Assuming I get in, I'll start with a general "look-see"
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

5,601 to 5,650 of 10,204 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.