Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


5,551 to 5,600 of 10,388 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Hey, guys, there's still a living hobgoblin . . . I go to the one I poisoned and pull out my dagger, wiping the blade on his clothes. Anyone think it's worthwhile questioning him?

Now, what do we do with poor Durgin's body? I think a pyre to burn the offal here I indicate the hobgoblin corpses is fine. maybe bring Durgin back to the town? No, wait . . . let me find Iormel and spy on him before anyone brings Durgin back publically, OK? I'll find you guys later; i want to find Iormel right away!

I immediately book back toward the town following Iormel's path (unless someone calls after me to stop).

My intention is to serruptitiously spy on Iormel, see if I can get any dirt on him.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Personally I think that getting the captain again would be good. We know how Iormel responded before. I would prefer that the captain, and maybe one or two other village officials, saw what we dealt with as soon as they left and Iormel talked to Durgin. Durgin's death is entirely on the shoulders of Iormel. We need them to see the evidence and then we will talk to Iormel without letting him know that we caught Durgin and defeated the hobgoblins. Most likely he will put his foot so far in his mouth that it will never come out.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Ahhh, excellent plan!! I'm certainly not the fastest among us--who should go get the captain?? *thinking* YOu konw what, I'll go get her. I'll explain what I saw on the way back here. AGreed?

if no one says "no," I'll head forthwith to get the Captain.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Mutamba, after watching you run before, you are by far the fastest. Could you get the captain. She needs to see this. Stat.

Bofus, take my horse back and leave it by the road - worse case scenario someone takes it, it will return from whence it came in 12 hours anyway. You need to be spying on Iormel as soon as possible. Actually, why don't Mutamba and Bofus ride together to get back faster. I will guide the wagon once the captain gets here.

I then turn the wagon around and have Mantooth with me so that if anything appears, I can get the horses and wagon moving fast toward town.


Dungeon Master

You guys are still not answering my questions.

@Bofus and Mutamba

The halfling and the Mwangi walk back towards town. When you reach the ferry, you notice Iormel boarding the ferry to return to the eastern side.

Do you choose to run down and catch the same boat, or wait until Iormel is across the Elsir River before approaching?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I assume that we are not all that far from town. I turned the wagon around and will wait with it, Mantooth, Durgin's body and the deceased hobgoblins. I will once again remove the ring hoping that whoever was controlling him will not realize that he is deceased. I will place the ring into a pouch and keep it at about 20 feet using Mage Hand. I never actually touch the ring. I plan on putting Durgin on the wagon and taking him back to town so that he can be burned or buried - even if it would be quick.

I assume that Mantooth will help move the hobgoblins off the side of the road, although I want the captain to be able to see all of them. We bind the one still alive and throw him on the back of the wagon. Once the alive hobgoblin and Durgin's body are on the wagon, we take the wagon and the weapons and begin to head back to Drellin's Ferry. I wand to start moving in case more hobgoblins are around. But do not want to run into Iormel before meeting with the captain, Bofus and/or Mutamba. If we ride slowly back from more than 15 minutes, we will speed up - and if we hear anything behind us, we will make the horses run.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"What do you think, little man? Do we proceed or wait for this man to leave. Seems strange he continues to not stay with his people."


Dungeon Master

Please be aware, the Ferry going east across the Elsir River takes you back into town, not away from it.

Labeled Map of Drellin's Ferry

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I think stealth is more important now. Let's wait and catch up to him, rather than let him think we might be on to him. Savvy?


@Mutamba and Bofus

Iormel steps into the boat and Drathgar's horses then begin moving the capstan on the far side to pull the ferry across. Sitting in the boat, Iormel, looks around as he rides over the swift moving Elsir River.

Behind the DM Screen:

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Once on the eastern side, he gives Drathgar, the ferryman, a few coins. However, he accidentally spills them and Drathgar crawls down on the ground to pick them up. A few words are exchanged and Iormel continues walking back into town.

Perception DC 20:

While Drathgar is picking up the coins, Iormel quickly and subtly removes a hitching pin from the capstan and places it in his pocket. You believe that the device will likely become unhooked and jammed up on its next use.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Crap!

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Mutamba, I'll bet anything he just did taht on purpose, to buy himself more time. DRat, I don't have any way to fly or run across the river!! That'll be the next potion I buy, I think . . .

I try to keep an eye on Iormel for as long as I can; once he's out of earshot, I'll call out to the ferryman.

Drathgar! We need to get across right away!! Soemone's been injured back there, we need the captain!!


Dungeon Master
Bofus wrote:
"Drathgar! We need to get across right away!! Soemone's been injured back there, we need the captain!!"

"Right away . . . " The ferryman yells back across the river. Quickly motioning for his horses to move, they try to spin the capstan to return the ferry, but suddenly, the massive wheel becomes dislodged and jammed. With the capstan stuck, the ferry appears unable to move.

"I'm not sure what has happened! Give me some time! We are having technical difficulties here!"


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"Did you see that!He just disabled the ferry. He is on to us. We must deal with him quickly."

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


@Tirion, Mantooth

As you pass the guard house on the way back toward Drellin's Ferry, you are greeted by Sergeant Hersk who comes rushing out of the stone hut to greet you.

"Welcome to Drellin's Ferry. You are the first merchants we've seen coming into town from the West in a very long time. Tell me what you've got to sell in your wagon, folks. Mind you, you may not find any merchants to buy off of you, but depending on what you have, it may prove to be valuable to the town."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Whisper to Mantooth: Check him for evil, that is a strange welcome considering what has gone down this morning.

To the Sergeant: Good afternoon sir. Well met, it was a long ride through the woods. The horse have been skittish, let me calm them down.

Cast Detect Magic and see whether the Sergeant is under any spell.


Thordak

Thordak wrote:
"Here, Oi made some drawin's of a machine that might help against tha dragons an' bigger creatures. Oi haven't got tha time or tha resources te make one moiself, but if we've got extra hands...well, ye know. Basically a giant crossbow with wheels. Mind, tha spears it shoots'll have te be magical or blessed or somethin' te do anythin' against a dragon, but it may prove te be a big help."

"Thordak, moi friend. Where did yae come up with such ideas?! Have yae been oot in the world seein such weapons? We haven't needed such things before, but then again, we've haven't seen dragons in quite a long time as well. Well Oi know there are plenty of dwarves who could try and make such machines, but where dae yae suppose we should put these giant crossbows once they are made?"


@Tirion

Tirion:
You do not detect any magic on the Sergeant.

Tirion wrote:
"Good afternoon sir. Well met, it was a long ride through the woods. The horse have been skittish, let me calm them down."

"How far have you come from? Have you run into any trouble with humanoids coming through the Witchwood?"

The Sergeant ponders for a moment and then adds, "You look familiar to me. Do I know you folks?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I give the Sergeant a big grin: Well that all depends. We left through the gate about an hour ago. Shouldn't you be with your family packing to leave?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Dwelgar, Son of Orthrek wrote:

"Thordak, moi friend. Where did yae come up with such ideas?! Have yae been oot in the world seein such weapons? We haven't needed such things before, but then again, we've haven't seen dragons in quite a long time as well. Well Oi know there are plenty of dwarves who could try and make such machines, but where dae yae suppose we should put these giant crossbows once they are made?"

Well they've got wheels fer a reason, ye know! Bring 'em to Brindol o' course! We could even put some on tha walls.... Thordak says, scratching his chin and jotting something down on another piece of parchment.


@Tirion and Mantooth

Tirion wrote:
"Well that all depends. We left through the gate about an hour ago. Shouldn't you be with your family packing to leave?"

"Oh yes." the Sergeant says with recognition, "You are one of the Heroes from Brindol. But what are you doing out here with a wagon of goods? Shouldn't heroes be doing something other than trying to make a profit at a time like this?"

Tirion wrote:
"Shouldn't you be with your family packing to leave?"

"What do you take me for, a moving man? I'm a Sergeant in the town militia, and I'm not about to abandon my post just because everybody else has already packed up. No, I live alone, so it's a soldier's life for me anyway."


Clanlord of the Hammerfist Hold

@Thordak

Thordak wrote:
"Well they've got wheels fer a reason, ye know! Bring 'em to Brindol o' course! We could even put some on tha walls...."

"So dae you think Brindol is the best place tae make our stand, Son of Throtgar? It is clear that we must go to battle, and the human city certainly seems well fortified, but one of moi concerns is that we mae be leaving the Hammerfist Holds vulnerable tae the wrath of the horde. Oi just don't wanntae see those sneaky bastards cut back an' attack the dwarves when we are most vulnerable. There are many lives at stake here. How certain are yae of their intentions, Thordak?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Actually, we are not attempting to make a profit. These are some goods that the captain wishes to take to Brindol to help with the defense of the Vale. We are just helping to take them across the ferry.

Well, we should be going, gotta get these across the river so that they are with the rest of the wagon train.

I smile, but keep an eye on the sergeant as we move past.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

DMHW: would I have brought a copy of Koth's map with me?

Well from tha map we took from tha general we killed, it looks like their plan is ta cut through tha vale, mostly stickin' near tha river. Tha Hammerfist Holds were not included on tha map...[b/] Thordak says, thinking. [b]But Oi do agree, it would be foolish ta leave 'em totally undefended. Oi was thinkin', since it'll take some time te muster tha troops, an' tha attack on Brindol isn't scheduled till...day 35 Oi think it was, that tha Dwarves will be comin' up behind tha horde an' so we wouldn't be leavin' home vuln'rable. Wot d'you think, m'lords?


Tirion wrote:
"Actually, we are not attempting to make a profit. These are some goods that the captain wishes to take to Brindol to help with the defense of the Vale. We are just helping to take them across the ferry."

"Wait just a minute, gnome. I don't mean to be nosey, but I can't help myself. What do you have in the wagon that the captain thinks is so important?"


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth casts Detect Evil. "Sergeant, please, we really must be moving along." The paladin rises from his seat on the wagon enough for the sergeant to see his wounds. "We were attacked by hobgoblins not long ago and I would beseech you to please let us get into town as quickly as possible so I may remedy this."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Clanlord of the Hammerfist Hold

@Thordak

If Thordak would have made a rough copy of the map, that would be fine, but it would not have all of the subtle detail that is hidden on the original map. Basically it would just have the route and the schedule of the attack.

Thordak wrote:
"Oi was thinkin', since it'll take some time te muster tha troops, an' tha attack on Brindol isn't scheduled till...day 35 Oi think it was, that tha Dwarves will be comin' up behind tha horde an' so we wouldn't be leavin' home vuln'rable. Wot d'you think, m'lords?"

"Hell, we could muster a decent army o' strong dwarves and make it tae Brindol in thirty odd days. Sneakin up behind the horde dassnae sound as pressing as protecting the city frae the onslaught. Oi want tae swing mae axe itae the hide o' the leader, but if there be dragons about oi think shootin at them frae behind the walls o' Brindol wid be better. The only issue will be do we hae enough tae stop 'em. I dannae like the sound of the numbers you were tellin me."


@Mantooth & Tirion

Mantooth:
You do not detect any evil, but you sense that this Sergeant like to put his nose where it doesn't always belong.

Mantooth wrote:
"We were attacked by hobgoblins not long ago and I would beseech you to please let us get into town as quickly as possible so I may remedy this."

"Holy Gorum, what happened to you? That must have really hurt! I appreciate the urgency of the situation, but you can't simply expect me to ignore my duties as a Sergeant of the militia? Don't you think it would be important for someone such as me to know what is going on here? Now speak up and let me know what you've got in the wagon. Is it some sort of catapult or something that flings boulder upon the enemy?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I am sorry segeant, but the captain swore us to secrecy. If you must, you are free to get her. It should be enough to know that these are stores which we do not want to fall into the hands of the advancing horde.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Tirion wrote:
"I am sorry sergeant, but the captain swore us to secrecy. If you must, you are free to get her. It should be enough to know that these are stores which we do not want to fall into the hands of the advancing horde."

The Sergeant looks back with an expression of disappointment, but politely but insistently tries to learn some more information. "Surely she did not mean to keep this secret from someone such as her own Sergeant! What do you think I am going to do, walk about the town announcing this secret weapon like it was some juicy bit of gossip! I am a Sergeant. Seargeant, I say. I am not some dinky twit of a guard who doesn't know how to keep his trap shut. Now let's hear what is going on so I can help see you on your way! Here, come closer and just whisper it to me. I promise, I will not tell anyone."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I walk over to the sergeant: This is a secret weapon which we think can summon good dragons to fight for us. We need to make sure that it gets across the river and to Brindol before the horde gets here. If they got it, then we would not have any good dragons helping us. We cannot open it now because the good dragon might be summoned early and not be available when the real battle for the Vale begins.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Othrek Hammerfist wrote:


"Hell, we could muster a decent army o' strong dwarves and make it tae Brindol in thirty odd days. Sneakin up behind the horde dassnae sound as pressing as protecting the city frae the onslaught. Oi want tae swing mae axe itae the hide o' the leader, but if there be dragons about oi think shootin at them frae behind the walls o' Brindol wid be better. The only issue will be do we hae enough tae stop 'em. I dannae like the sound of the numbers you were tellin me."

Aye, it doesn't sound great fer us. That's why Oi wanted te get tha army muster'd as soon as possible, an' out te Brindol. Oi was just thinkin' it might take a while an' by that time tha horde might already be in front o' ye. If we can get our forces te Brindol before tha horde, that's ideal. If not, we can try te flank 'em. But te deal with tha dragons, we really need some heavy firepower. Make sure we've got lots o' crossbows, priests, an' even some o' those spellcasters. Oi know they're strange folk but they'll help.

Now there are three bridges te Brindol. Thordak says, sketching out a rough map of brindol.
Two are good big ones, one is a smaller one, but they're all to tha north on tha river, an' tha horde should be comin' from tha south. We could bottleneck 'em on tha bridges but then they might just attack right at tha walls. Either way, It's too many ways in. We should try te force 'em to somewhere where their numbers don't mean much. Oi think we might want te take out a bridge or two even an' try te defend tha walls. A Dwarf on a wall is worth a four score goblins at tha bottom. Moi worry is that they'll surround us. Wot seems like their best plan would be te surround us, send in tha dragon an' light everythin' up, an' then storm tha walls. When they send tha dragons in, we've gotta be ready te take 'em out, so we've gotta have those crossbows an' those ballistas ready. Am Oi missin' anythin'?


@Tirion and Mantooth

Tirion wrote:
"This is a secret weapon which we think can summon good dragons to fight for us. We need to make sure that it gets across the river and to Brindol before the horde gets here. If they got it, then we would not have any good dragons helping us. We cannot open it now because the good dragon might be summoned early and not be available when the real battle for the Vale begins."

Behind the DM Screen:

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"Really?! It can summon good dragons?! Is there really such a thing? That sounds very impressive. What does it look like? Can I have a peek? I promise I will not say anything to anybody."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

No, it is magic. As I said, if we accidentally summon a dragon now, it will not be available later when we are facing the horde and their evil dragons. If you want to see what we have, you will just have to come with us to Brindol and see what the combined might of dwarves, elves and humans - with a few gnomes and halflings thrown in for good measure - can do to an army of evil.

Now then, we need to get to the river to make sure that this valuable cargo gets across and on its way to Brindol.

Thank you for your assistance, and I must compliment your faithfulness to your guard duties, but you really should grab anything valuable and prepare to leave. And even more important, make sure that there are no supplies left that the horde could use once we leave. Our goal is to make sure that every step that the horde takes is slow and painful.


Clanlord of the Hammerfist Hold

@Thordak

Thordak wrote:
"Aye, it doesn't sound great fer us. That's why Oi wanted te get tha army muster'd as soon as possible, an' out te Brindol."

"Well, Oi've been talking te the clan leaders and we can go forth by the end o' the week with a battalion from the Hammerfist Holds. We will see what we can muster, but whatever the number, yae can be sure that they'll feel the might o' our axes!"

Thordak wrote:
"Make sure we've got lots o' crossbows, priests, an' even some o' those spellcasters. Oi know they're strange folk but they'll help."

"We will get what we can, Son of Throtgar. The clans are willing tae do their parts and we will not have a problem uses whoever is willing to help. Well, nearly anyone. As long as they're not trolls, giants, dragons, or hobgoblins."

Thordak wrote:
"When they send tha dragons in, we've gotta be ready te take 'em out, so we've gotta have those crossbows an' those ballistas ready. Am Oi missin' anythin'?"

"You are thinking like a real tactician, Thordak. I hear what you're saying and Oi think yae hae some great ideas. When we all meet with the leaders in Brindol be sure tae bring up these ideas as we plan for the defense of the city!"


Tirion wrote:
"No, it is magic. As I said, if we accidentally summon a dragon now, it will not be available later when we are facing the horde and their evil dragons."

"That would not be helpful. We definitely want the good dragons to come when we need them. Besides, I hate the thought of trying to feed them while we wait for the enemy!"

Tirion wrote:
"If you want to see what we have, you will just have to come with us to Brindol and see what the combined might of dwarves, elves and humans - with a few gnomes and halflings thrown in for good measure - can do to an army of evil."

"I will be comin. Don't you be fearing that, gnome. We may be letting go of Drellin's Ferry, but when the time comes where we can stand and fight, you can bet that I will be there."

Tirion wrote:
"Now then, we need to get to the river to make sure that this valuable cargo gets across and on its way to Brindol."

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let' get that wagon rolling and get er over the river to rest of the wagons! I will personally escort you down the hill and see that it gets safely across."

The Sergeant grabs a backpack from the guard hut, closes the door and announces.

"I'm all set to go. Onward, my friends!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

We head down to the river. If Bofus is still confusedly looking at the ferry, I will recommend that he climb across the rope that is used to move the boat to help the ferryman, and to catch up the Iormel.


Dungeon Master

Bofus, Mutamba, Tirion, Mantooth and Sergeant Herst

Riding on horses and with a wagon hauling Durgin, an unconscious but bound bladebearer, and a large stash of cursed blades of red steel, you proceed down to the Ferry escorted by Sergeant Herst. When you reach the river's edge, you see that the Ferry does not appear to be running, and both Bofus and Mutamba are trying to decide how to cross without getting wet.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I hadn't had time to post earlier, but I was thinking along the ame lines as Trion

Could I simply use the lines to balance across? If so, I'll do it. Climb, or Acrobatics?


Dungeon Master

The acrobatics check to cross by walking along the rope like a tight rope artist is DC 22. This check would need to be made each round. You would move at half of your movement. To cross the Elsir River by climbing along the rope using your hands would require two climb checks DC 20.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

See ya, Mutamba--I'm going to chase Iormel.

I nimbly jump onto the rope and glide across like I was a born tightrope walker!! (I hope . . .)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

I give the ferryman a januty salute as I skitter past him, and land lightly on the shore. Then I follow Iormel as best I can

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Turning to Mutamba: I love that halfling, but sometime he ain't too bright. Any chance you can also climb over and help the ferryman get this thing fixed. We have to get this wagon across the river.


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

With the grace of a cat, you walk across the swiftly flowing river and hop off on the other side. Drathgar has a look of absolute surprise as you skitter past him. He is utterly speechless.

Following the road up past the green, you find many wagons starting to roll out make there way east along the Dawn Way. You find Iormel back at his house, coming out with a few remaining bags. He climbs up into the back of an elegant stage coach which is drawn by four horses. A servant closes the door behind him and then climbs up into the seat of the coach where he is able to grab the reins. As you approach, it appears that the coach is about to start rolling away.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Heeeeyyy--I thought tailing Iormel quickly was moer important than getting the ferry working right away. I figured you'd eventually get it. :-)

DMHW:
since this is officially "apart from everyone" I'll do the spoiler thing--but I'm OK with doing it public if you prefer
--please indicate by whether you put yoru reply under a spoiler or not!

I'll roll the dice and hitch a ride on--or, perhaps, under?--the coach. Basically get on and stay hidden, and if I can hear (or even see!!) into the coach so much the better.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34
Climb: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Bofus:

As the coach pulls away, you scurry underneath the carriage and grab hold of the frame from underneath. At first this seems fine, but as it pulls away out from Drellin's Ferry, your arms begin to grow tired.

While you hang on, you are able to hear Iormel talking to a woman in the back of the carriage, but it is difficult to hear what he is saying. Perception Check below to hear what is said.

As you grow weary of holding on, you will also need a Strength Check DC 10 to stay on. If you wish to get a better position on the outside of the coach, you will need to make a Climb Check DC 20 to climb out the back of the coach and up the back to reach the roof. This position on the roof is much more comfortable for riding, but is not as conducive for being hidden from people observing the carriage from the outside.

Bofus Perception DC 25:

As the carriage leaves town, Iormel says, "Well, my dear, We are safely on our way out of Drellin's Ferry. I am actually sad to be leaving our little home, but I assure you, we will be well taken care of where we are going..."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

dammit, the wheels are too loud to hear what's going on in there. I have to ditch.

I let go and as soon as the carriage is past me, scramble to the side of the road and out of site.

Acrobatics (to avoid getting Ben Hur'ed): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25

then I'll head back into town to meet back with folks.


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry

@Bofus

Walking back along the Dawnway the town of Drellin's Ferry appears empty. Houses stare vacantly out at silent roads. The sun is vanishing behind the formidable scar on the horizon that is the Wyrmsmoke Mountains. Once you reach the green, you find the last few carts and wagons ready to depart. As you approach, Speaker Wiston calls over to you, takes a deep breath and wipes tears from his eyes with the back of his hand. "It seems we're about out of time," he says. "We'd best be going now if we want to keep ahead of the worg riders."


@Mutamba, Mantooth, and Tirion

"Holy Sheet! Did you see that little fella run across the ferry rope like he was walking on air?! How the hell did he do that? If you folks are expecting me to cross the river like that, you are completely out of your mind!"

"Hey Drathgar, get that damn ferry over here! We are on official business and we need that thing you call a boat over here as quick as you can say Top Secret!"


Dungeon Master

Drathgar yells back "I can't run the ferry! The capstan is broken!"


Dungeon Master

Drathgar yells back across the river, "I can't run the ferry! The capstan is broken!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Sorry, waiting on Mutamba before we can do much.

5,551 to 5,600 of 10,388 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.