Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

The Fane of Tiamat


5,351 to 5,400 of 10,665 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Oh, this is just stupid!! durgin, if you don't pipe down, you will be forcably restrained. If that means we have to beat you into unconciousness, so be it. I've got a sap here in my hand and will knock you silly if you don't start behaving yourself!!

if he makes one more move to get the ring, I'll smack him in the ear. (I"m still invisible, so it should still be a sneak attack!)


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I 5-foot step back and cast Mage Hand which I use to take the ring about 20 feet in the air.

I just wish to examine it Durgin. We really do not want to harm you, but shall if necessary to protect this village and the vale. Now sit down or Mantooth will have to make sure you stay sitting. He has already bested you once and is far more skilled with his blade now than he was then.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Whisper - "Tirion, I'm not sensing any evil from Durgin himself but the ring does have a moderate aura of evil, so be warned."

Mantooth nods to what Tirion said and motions for the farmer to sit down. "Durgin, please, have a seat. We mean you no harm, we are just worried about this ring - can you tell me where you got it, Durgin?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


DM Rolls:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Once the ring is out of his reach, Durgin sighs in frustration. Sitting down on his front steps with Mantooth and Mutamba nearby, he says,

"You just don't understand! It physically pains me to be without the ring! I just don't know why you want to keep it. So when are you going to give it back to me?"

Tirion:

You are not entirely clear on what this ring does, but it appears to be a cursed device that takes control of the recipient, possesses him and clearly makes the recipient dependent on the device.

Mantooth wrote:
"We mean you no harm, we are just worried about this ring - can you tell me where you got it, Durgin?""

Slowly calming himself down, Durgin's stutter begins to return.

"A b....b....b...beautiful woman in Brindol gave it too me. She w...w....was a m...merchant or something. She said that it would make me s.....s....strong and p...p....powerful."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Ok, Durgin. This ring is cursed. It has allowed someone to take control of you. I do not know who, and I understand your pain. But if you keep the ring, it will devour your soul and you will help the horde to overwhelm Drellin's Ferry and the Vale. I know that the real good Durgin would not wish this.

So, please tell me, who gave you this ring? Where did you get it from and more importantly when did you start working with the Barghest which we just killed? In addition, what other contact have you had with the horde?

I turn to Mutamba. You have been here longer that we. Do you know if there is anyone with magical or divine powers in this town who might be able to break a curse?


Tirion wrote:
"When did you start working with the Barghest which we just killed? In addition, what other contact have you had with the horde?"

"I don't know w...w...w...what you are talking about. I don't w...wear it. I just keep it in my pocket. I also don't know what a b....b...Barghest is. I didn't think I had any contact with the horde."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

We need to get the Captain here and we need to search your barn. Someone has been using you. And we want to make sure that they do not use you any more. We also want to make sure that when the horde arrives here, they have nothing but pain and death awaiting them, not a nice meal and lots of supplies.

I turn to Mutamba. You look quick, any chance you could run and get the Captain and any other town official who wishes to accompany her. I think we need to do some investigation.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

While this is going on, and while I"m still invisible, I'll go to the barn and snoop around. :-)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

The front door to the barn appears locked.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"I will retrieve her and see if there are any clergy of power in the area, also." With that Mutamba moves of at speed toward town to complete his mission.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
The front door to the barn appears locked.

well, I've been burned before. Search for traps:

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

if trapped: disable device 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

and unlock it: disable device 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

THEN search the barn with a quick once-over before a thorough one

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


@Mutamba

You cross the ferry and soon arrive at the Old Toll House which serves as the town hall, courtyard, jail, and Town Guard Headquarters. You are met by Captain Soranna.

"Hello, Sir. I remember seeing you at the Old Bridge Inn, but I forget your name. So, who are you again? So tell me, Mister Nugutu, what can I do for you?"


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

You discover that the barn door is held shut with an arcane lock. However, with incredible skill, you disable the arcane lock and unlock the door to the barn.

Fortkeep Barn

Once the doors are open, you look within and notice several huge wooden crates stacked against the walls of the barn.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Huh. Arcane Lock--kid's stuff!!

I'll sashay into the barn, and see if I can discern anything interesting about either the contents of the crates, or anything like notebooks/ledgers, insignia, etc. Can I use my 27 perception from above?


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

"A beautiful merchant woman?" Mantooth asks in clarification. "Did she seem like a very wealthy individual? You don't happen to remember her name, Durgin?" Mantooth asks again nicely, trying to keep him focused.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Mantooth gives a brief look towards the barn and then turns back to Durgin. "You don't remember talking to any.. well, any dogs, do you Durgin?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mantooth wrote:
"Did she seem like a very wealthy individual? You don't happen to remember her name, Durgin?"

"She was s...s..smart, and beautiful, and well a little . . . . y...y..you know . . . s....s....s..seductive. Her voice was like a s....s..song. Her hair was d...dark and flowing and her ears were p...p...pointy like an elf. B...b...but she wasn't an elf. She a....aproached m...m....me on the s....s...street in Brindol m...m...market and offered m....m...me the ring She d...d...din't give a name."

Mantooth wrote:
"You don't remember talking to any.. well, any dogs, do you Durgin?"

"I d....d....don't usually t...t...talk to dogs, unless they are b...b...biting me. Then I tell them to s....s...s....sit."


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

Using a hammer found on one of the walls of the barn, you start to open the crates. Crate after crate seems to hold dozens of weapons made out of a red dull steel. They all appear very sharp and deadly.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"Captain, Mutamba Nugutu. I am happy to have found you so quickly. There was an attack near Durgin's farm by a shape shifting beast. Durgin himself seems to have been controlled by some sort of mind affecting ring. We raise your guard as quickly as possible as there may be major hole in our defenses that need sealing. I understand that is a good deal of information to process, but if there is a priest of power in the area we will be needing his assistance also."


@Mutamba

Mutamba wrote:
"I am happy to have found you so quickly. There was an attack near Durgin's farm by a shape shifting beast. Durgin himself seems to have been controlled by some sort of mind affecting ring. We raise your guard as quickly as possible as there may be major hole in our defenses that need sealing. I understand that is a good deal of information to process, but if there is a priest of power in the area we will be needing his assistance also."

"Thank you, Mutamba Nugutu, I will send for Brother Derny right away. He is near retirement, but I am sure he will be of help. I will get the good priest and meet you out at the Fortkeep farm shortly."


Bowing at the waist saying"Thank you,my lady. I shall inform my friends immediately.", Nugutu turns on his heel and sprints back to the farm to pass the word.


@ Tirion, Bofus, Durgin, and Mutamba

Captain Soranna, soon shows up at the Fortkeep farm with two other guards.

"Well met, gentlemen. What is this I hear about an attack by a shape shifting beast. Does this have to do with that massive bloody corpse of a beast we just passed along the side of the road?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I assume that by this time, the invisibilty is worn off . . .

Ah, the beautiful and dangerous Captain Anitah! Always a pleasure. Well, it seems that we've stopped yet another dire threat! A combination of tenacity, uncanny skill, great martial prowess, and Desna's luck uncovered a plot most vile.
.
It appears that our good Durgin here was magically influenced by an item of evil power. We're still unclear on the details, but we've secured said item for fear of someone else falling under its influence. It looks as if Durgin doesn't remember any of what he did under this foul influence. Observe . . .
.
Oh, Durgin--now that the Captain is here, can you tell us--and be honest, mind!!--what is in the stacks of crates in yoru barn?

Since I know the truth--weapons--I want to get a read on whether I think he believes his answer.
Sense motive on his answer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

the rest of this post will be under the assumtion that I think he's telling the truth about not knowing the true contents. If either of those conditions is NOT true, then the rest of this post won't make sense!! but i"M right, so I'll continue. hehe

Ah, very well. As you can see, Captain, he really believes what he's telling us. now, if you'll follow me . . .

I lead her to the barn, and dramatically uncover one of the crates. Behold!! Fine red steel weapons, meant for the Red Hand to resupply once they overrun Drellin's Ferry!! Durgin is a good man who loves his home; something or someone possessed him to conspire with the monsters. In fact, I witnessed him spekaing to that dog beast whose corpse you saw on the road in a language unbefitting mortal folk. We need to get to the bottom of who or what was possessing Durgin. And, we get the added bonus of a bunch of nice weapons to bring to Brindol to aid in defense!

I cross my arms with a very self-satisfied smile.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Durgin Fortkeep wrote:


"I d....d....don't usually t...t...talk to dogs, unless they are b...b...biting me. Then I tell them to s....s...s....sit."

LOL.

Maintaining a serious face, Mantooth continues. "Alright, that is good to hear, Durgin. Do you know any other languages than common?"

When the guards arrive and Bofus asks Durgin about the crates, Mantooth seconds his request for the truth. "Please, answer Bofus truthfully, Durgin, we are just trying to help you and keep the people of the town safe."


Mantooth wrote:
"Alright, that is good to hear, Durgin. Do you know any other languages than common?"

"Do y...y...you mean a language from a f....f...foreign country? No, I only speak c....c...common."

Bofus wrote:
"Oh, Durgin--now that the Captain is here, can you tell us--and be honest, mind!!--what is in the stacks of crates in yoru barn?"

"The c...crates in the barn are for m...m...my tools for w....working. Is there something w....w...wrong with tools? So, Bofus, can I have m.....m....my ring back yet? I answered everything you a...a....asked."

Mantooth wrote:
"Please, answer Bofus truthfully, Durgin, we are just trying to help you and keep the people of the town safe."

"I am b....being honest, M..m...Mantooth. I d....don't have a t.....tool box, so I use m....m...m...my old crates."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I follow Bofus as he leads the way into the barn. I have Detect Magic going the whole time.

_______

Upon seeing the weapons.

Guys, I have one serious question. Why would they need to store weapons here? The horde is already pretty well stocked. There must be a second unarmed part of the army. Possibly these undead from the north. I think that we need to meet up with Thordak and then get to this necromancer Wyrmlord and make sure that the dead stay dead.


Dungeon Master

Tirion:
As you focus on the red blades of steel, you sense a faint dweomer of transmutation.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I detect magic on these blades.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

If I have a few minutes, I will take 10 or 20 and just identify what they are.
Guess I will not need to take 20 on that one.


Dungeon Master

Tirion:

Inspecting one of the red blades of steel, you realize that these blades are unlike anything you have seen before. The blade is cursed with a transmutation magic that causes the wielder of one of these red blades to grow in draconic power with each creature it kills. You believe that the wielder of this cursed blade would eventually, with enough kills, transform itself into one of the chromatic races of dragons, a creature similar if not the same as one of the blackspawn razorfiends you encountered back with the horde.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

As Tirion examines the blades, you see his eyes widen in fear:

We must destroy all these blades. They are cursed to cause their wielders to slowly transform into some type of dragon spawn, or possible even a dragon. With each death caused by one of these blades, the creature wielding it will grow in draconic power.

These must be destroyed. If we cannot destroy them, then Captain, you will have to see that they are transported directly to Brindol to be destroyed.

The bigger question now is, who put them here. Captain, is there anyone in the village capable of removing a curse? If so, we must try to free Durgin from the curse that he is under. It is possible that he will remember details of what occurred once the curse is removed.

Also, Captain, were you aware of Durgin receiving any shipments recently? These assuredly did not just appear in his barn.


Bofus wrote:
"Ah, the beautiful and dangerous Captain Anitah! Always a pleasure. Well, it seems that we've stopped yet another dire threat! A combination of tenacity, uncanny skill, great martial prowess, and Desna's luck uncovered a plot most vile. "

Soranna smiles at your compliment and replies, "You are most kind, Bofus Beerswizzler. I admit, Desna does seem to smile down upon you. Do all halflings have the same luck that you do?"

Bofus wrote:
"Behold!! Fine red steel weapons, meant for the Red Hand to resupply once they overrun Drellin's Ferry!!"

"Impressive find, Bofus! They look like they will serve us well. We can supply many of the people of the Elsir Vale with these weapons and let them use these to defend their homeland!"

Tirion wrote:
We must destroy all these blades. They are cursed to cause their wielders to slowly transform into some type of dragon spawn, or possible even a dragon. With each death caused by one of these blades, the creature wielding it will grow in draconic power.

"By the Inheritor's justice, are you sure? When did you figure this out? I would never have guessed that a huge stash of draconic weapons would ever simply be stored here in Durgin's barn. Who could do such a thing? How do we know there are not stashes of these cursed blades in every barn?! So, what do we do with Durgin? He appears to be in the thick of this, yet he does not seem to have a clue as to any of this wickedness!"

Tirion wrote:
"These must be destroyed. If we cannot destroy them, then Captain, you will have to see that they are transported directly to Brindol to be destroyed."

"Well, I agree that the Red Hand cannot get their hands on these blades! Just imagine what the soldiers would end of facing in Brindol by the time the horde hacked and slashed their way across the Elsir Vale!"

"I fear that we have not been vigilant with regards to searching shipments that have come along the Dawn Way. I never saw a reason to search them. However, in all truth, I would never have expected an angry horde numbering in the thousands to be approaching Drellin's Ferry either! In terms of removing the curse, well I am not the person to be asking that question. Mind you, I doubt that whoever planted these blades here would consider these items cursed. Whoever, left them here, knew very well that these would turn an army into an unstoppable force of dragon kin that would easily rule the country! There is evil at every turn, and once again, you have just foiled another thread in that plot. We cannot thank you folks enough!"

Tirion wrote:
"The bigger question now is, who put them here. Captain, is there anyone in the village capable of removing a curse?"

"Well, we have never faced anyone or thing evil enough to craft such wicked weapons. Perhaps Brother Derny would be able to remove their curses."

Tirion wrote:
"Also, Captain, were you aware of Durgin receiving any shipments recently? These assuredly did not just appear in his barn."

"We can certainly make some inquiries around town, but I cannot personally report any findings. To be honest, Durgin's farmhouse is a key location, because it is west of the guard post and anything shipped in from the west and north would not have had to pass by the guard's ever watchful eye! Mind you, I have no idea where these weapons originated from."


Soranna wrote:
"Perhaps Brother Derny would be able to remove their curses."

"Don't look at me! I wouldn't know where to begin removing such curses. Almighty Dawnflower, help us with your light!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

You know, these weapons might be even meant to be found. Think about it. If they are crafted to turn the wielders into evil dragons, then they might be intended to be found and used so as to turn the citizens of the Vale into mindless dragon soldiers even as they think that they are fighting to defend the Vale.

As to how I know what these are, I have spent years studying magic and my connection to draconic magic. Frequently I can sense the type of magic that is involved in an item. In the case of these swords it is a transmutation magic - just as it was with the ring that Durgin was possessed by. It is clear that they are trying to take control and weaken our defenses before we even begin to set up.

We must get these swords across the river. We will find space on a wagon. If necessary, I can summon mounts that can be used to pull the heavy wagons and assist in evacuation.

Turning back to Brother Derny: I understand that the magic on these blades is a powerful curse. However, the more important issue is whether you can break the curse that is currently affecting Durgin. I do not think that he is working with the Horde, and that he is affected by a nasty curse from the ring we found on him.


"D....d...don't listen to the gnome. I am not c....c...cursed. I just w....w...w.want my ring back! Can I have it now?!"


Tirion wrote:
"I understand that the magic on these blades is a powerful curse. However, the more important issue is whether you can break the curse that is currently affecting Durgin. I do not think that he is working with the Horde, and that he is affected by a nasty curse from the ring we found on him."

"So, my child, what seems to be the trouble with the farmer? He's always had the stutter for as long as I can remember."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Actually, his stutter has stopped several times. I do not know whether that is connected though. More importantly, he had this ring - I show the ring which is still being held up in the air. I determine that it is magic and cursed. It seems to allow someone to take control of the user and also makes the user desire, in a desperate way, to keep the ring on his or her person.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"Durgin I will incapcitate you for your own good if you insist on continuing these outburst. You must listen that this ring is causing someone to make you do things tht will requre to kill you in order to further protect the village."


"I am t...t...trying to be good, but I w...w....w..was told that I would get the ring b...b...back, but nobody listens to me! I n..n....need it! It w...w...was stolen from me! P....Please give it back! I w...w...won't wear it! I just want to h...h...hold it!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

You were told you'd get the ring back IF it was just a simple token from a girl. It is not. This ring . . . *sigh* there's no reasoning here. brother Derney, do you know a spell that might break the enchantment Durgni appears to be under?
.
He does appear to be under an enchantmet, or curse, right? I mean, I was wrong about the weapons--holy crap, it's a good thing I didn't take one!!--how do we deal with the Sour One over here

if anyone gets that obscure and very iffy pun, you get +10 awesome points


"I assure you, I am not c...c...c..cursed! Why do you insist that I am? You are i...i...i..i...ignoring everything I say! Just because I want my p...p....p...property that is lawfully mine, does not make me c...c....c..cursed. If somebody stole a g...g...g..gem from you Bofus, does it make you cursed simply b..b...b.... because you want it back? N....N....N...No. Now, why don't you all t...t....t....treat me with the same r...r...r...respect?!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

You're forgetting, Durgin and I make sure the Captain hears this too that *I saw you* speaking to that dog creature in your barn, and there is a stash of weapons in your barn that *I heard you* talking about being for the Red Hand. Either you were under some magial influence durnig that whole episode (and the procurement of those weapons), or you are an EXCEPTIONAL liar. Which of those two choices are correct?? Sir Longbrow has determined that ring to have evil power. You being cursed is a logical conclusion.
.
I'm insisting you're cursed because the alternative is that you're not. That you're acting of your own free will to aid the invasion of your town. That you're a part of the army of death that's descending on us!! I'm insisting that you're cursed because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I turn to the priest. Brother, have you prepared any spells this day that can discern whether someone is lying? Because I will gladly subject my self to that spell, and I suggest Durgin does the same. I recommend using that now. And if I know magic spells--someone correct me if I'm wrong--if either I or Durgin tries to resist the magic, you'll know we're resisting? What do you say, Durgin? You up for that?

Sense motive on Durgin again: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Bofus wrote:
"Brother, have you prepared any spells this day that can discern whether someone is lying? Because I will gladly subject my self to that spell, and I suggest Durgin does the same. I recommend using that now. And if I know magic spells--someone correct me if I'm wrong--if either I or Durgin tries to resist the magic, you'll know we're resisting?"

"I cannot claim to be an inquisitor. The Dawnflower has a much gentler approach. However, I do have a spell that will allow me to discern a lie. If I concentrate upon a recipient who deliberately and knowingly speaks a lie, I will be able to discern disturbances in its aura caused by lying. Mind you, the spell does not reveal the truth, uncover unintentional inaccuracies, or necessarily reveal evasions, but it may still serve your purpose. If you are interested, I would be willing to try."


Bofus wrote:
"You're forgetting, Durgin," and I make sure the Captain hears this too "that *I saw you* speaking to that dog creature in your barn, and there is a stash of weapons in your barn that *I heard you* talking about being for the Red Hand."

"That is a lie! I d..d...d.do not talk with dogs. Ask M...M....M...Mantooth! He knows I don't s...s...s...speak to them unless they are b..b...b. biting me. That is w..w...w..when I say sit! I do not know where the w...w...w...w.weapons came from. I think somebody put them there when I w...w..w..w...wasn't looking! I also t...t...told you. I g..g...get red hands when I w..w...work, but you said that w...w...was not a crime!"

Bofus wrote:
"What do you say, Durgin? You up for that?"

"I have nothing to f...f...f..fear, and I am not lying, so I will t...t...t..take your t...t....test. However, why don't you j...j...j..just let me hold the ring, so I can relax again as I answer y.....y...y..your questions in p....p...peace?!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, Brother, I'm sure we can all agree to answer questions clearly--"yes" and "no" when appropriate, elaborating only when it's necessary?
.
Durgin, will you believe Brother Derny if he tells you I'm telling the truth? I'll tell the whole story again. And maybe you can tell us more about the ring, and about what you've been doing today, and how those crates came into your barn?
.
Is everyone agreed? Brother, Captain? Durgin??


Bofus wrote:
"Is everyone agreed? Brother, Captain? Durgin??"

Brother Derny, Captain Soranna, and Durgin all not their agreement.

Brother Derny then begins casting Discern Lie and concentrates upon both Bofus and Durgin. "You may begin your questions, now, my child."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion stands back and watches the going ons expecting Bofus to be proven correct.


"Before I answer your q...q...questions, may I please hold the ring! It has given m..m....m...me strength in difficult times, and I am not feeling all m..m...m..m..myself right now!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Durgin, read my lips. THE RING IS EVIL!! Your friend, the paladin Sir Longbrow, has determined it is evil!! Brother Derny, am I lying?!?! I'm afraid that if you get this ring back, you're going to be hurt--or someone else will. Doesnt' the fact that you feel like you need it so badly TELL you anything??? (I'm not lying)

*deep breath* Let me start by saying I saw you, Durgin Fortkeep, in your barn speaking to a creature that looked like a dog--in fact its corpse is down the road a spell. You were discussing what you have stored in your barn--weapons and other stores--specifically for the Red Hand invasion force. The good Brother will tell you I'm not lying here. Now, do you have any answer to this? What do you recall doing this morning during the time that I am sayign I saw you conferring with a monster??


Bofus wrote:
"Doesnt' the fact that you feel like you need it so badly TELL you anything???"

"Well, perhaps I have become a little d...d...d...dependent on it, but like I said, I am n....n...n..not really using it. I just keep it in my pocket. Just because it is e...e...evil, I don't see why I still c...c...can't have it! Especially if I d....d...don't use it!"

Bofus wrote:
"Now, do you have any answer to this? What do you recall doing this morning during the time that I am sayign I saw you conferring with a monster??"

"After I left the Old Bridge Inn where we m...met, I came b...b...b..back home to pack my things. I was p..p....p..p..planning on evacuating with the rest of the town. So, I was g...getting my clothes together."

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 52/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Well, Brother? Is Durgin telling the truth?


"So far, I am not detecting anything unusual with his aura. Everything he says, he believes to be true."

5,351 to 5,400 of 10,665 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.