Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


5,201 to 5,250 of 10,204 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

Dungeon Master

Bofus:
You are certainly welcome to join in the retcon with Durgin if you wish! It was happening right there in the common room of the Old Bridge Inn.

Iormel is returns to his home on the east side of town. Do you wish to follow him or investigate his house?

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
hmmmm . . . yes, I will follow him to his abode. He's the only one on teh council who didn't act reasonably IMHO so Iw anna konw why. I'll keep a lwo profile and listen/look into woindows and stuff.


Dungeon Master

Sunday, Rova 30 4710, 10 am

'Retcon with Durgin

"W. . . .well, my f...friends. I b...b..better go and p...p....pack my things. I d....d...don't want to s...s..stay when the g...g...goblins come!"

Durgin waves good bye and exits the Inn.
_______________________________________
Sunday, Rova 30 4710, 11:30 am

@Bofus

As Iormel leaves the Inn he walks home sulkily with a scowl upon his face. He enters his house and slams the door shut.

Bofus slips out the door and disappears shortly after he leaves.

Bofus:

Iormel's house is rather fancy for this town, but clearly does not compare to the great estates of Brindol. However, peeking in the window on the ground floor, you seem the councilman enter his house and shortly thereafter he goes around and closes all of his curtains. You can no longer see what is going on within the house.

_______________________________________

Sunday, Rova 30 4710, 1 pm

@Thordak

Please give me directions where you go to next. Back to the Hammersmith Holds?

@Everyone else

Please let me know what plans you have, or simply role-play and ask questions of who you like. Kellin still remains at the Inn, but most everyone else has left to begin packing up.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

Mutamba is travelling fairly light as is his way. He will be making himself seen out in the community aiding where he can preaching the way of Irori to those seem to need the words.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak walks Lulu out to the forest, where he sends an animal messenger to Atwood Legmar and the elves in the Westwood.

Message to Atwood Legmar:
Dear Atwood,
Elsir Vale under attack--hobgoblins + giants + dragons (3000 strong)
Delayed with destroyed Skull Gorge bridge
Resistance in Nimon's Gap in 2 days (today is sunday)
Last stand in Brindol after that
Dwarves on the way
Sincerely,

Thordak, son of Throtgar of The Hammerfist Holds


He then mounts up and flies to the Hammerfist Holds. DMHW: Am I correct in thinking that these are a collection of small cities? If so, Thordak starts with his home in Ironfist, and then moves to the others.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Sunday, Rova 3, Noonish

DMHW:
Hmm, now htat I know where he lives, I can come back. Now I want to find Durgin's farm, and see what HE'S doing.


Dungeon Master

Thordak:

Yes, the Hammerfist Hold is a collection of hamlets. Here are some resources that I have read about them. Be sure to also read your own background for we have already started filling in the gaps. Let's make Ironfist the northern most village.

• Hammerfist Holds (many small dwarf holds): In the foothills of the Wyvernwatch Mountains this community of dwarves eeks out a living mining iron and silver. They are rather insular but sometimes trade with the humans of the Vale, though halflings are more welcome.

• Hammerfist Holds: In the high foothills of the Wyvernwatch Mountains lie the Hammerfist Holds, a half-dozen dwarf clanholds that sometimes trade with the humans of the vale. Each of the holds is a hamlet or village, home to a hundred or more dwarves.

• The Hammerfist Clan is the only clan in the Elsir Vale to reside outside of the city of Overlook. They reside at the base of the Wyvernwatch Mountains in several small towns known collectively as the Hammerfist Holds. The Holds are governed by a King, and the title is inherited by his oldest son, in the usual manor. Other than the king and his family there is no nobility among the Hammerfist dwarfs, but there do exist guilds that have some measure of power and influence the king.

Since the collapse of the Stonehome Mountains the Hammerfist Clan has provided an elite force of warriors who serve as guards at Moradin’s Watch, just outside the city of Overlook. The two watch commanders of Moradin’s Watch are also traditionally filled by the Hammerfist King’s sons or if sons are lacking, his appointed representative. The clans domination of Moradin’s Watch has generated much resentment among the dwarf clans of Overlook for centuries. Many of the other clans view them as heretics and often refer to them derogatorily as Erathisians.

The Hammerfist worships Erathis as it’s Matriarch, and consort of Torag the clan Patriarch, as do most other dwarven clans. They differ from the other clans in that they believe that Erathis is Torag's equal (or better, among the female members of the clan). The mere notion that any being is Torag's equal, sends most other dwarves into fits of anger or laughter, as the idea is so contemptible.

• Important Characters: Othrek Hammerfist, clanlord of the Hammerfist clan, Thaardin Ironhand, ranking cleric among the clanholds; Uldrina Flamehair, stonesinger of the clan; Guildmaster Derra Copperfist, wealthiest merchant of the holds.

___________

So, Lulu flies about 5 miles every hour (with Fly of 50 feet). The distance from Drellin’s Ferry to the Hammerfist Holds is about 50 miles, thus is would take about 10 hourse of continuous flying. You leave Drellin's Ferry around noon time. Do you wish to stop along the way, or push onward into the late night to get there? After eight hours of continuous flying. You will need to “force fly” to get Lulu to keep going. The rules are basically the same as forced march:

• Forced March
In a day of normal walking, a character walks for 8 hours. The rest of the daylight time is spent making and breaking camp, resting, and eating.
A character can walk for more than 8 hours in a day by making a forced march. For each hour of marching beyond 8 hours, a Constitution check (DC 10, +2 per extra hour) is required. If the check fails, the character takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from a forced march becomes fatigued. Eliminating the nonlethal damage also eliminates the fatigue. It's possible for a character to march into unconsciousness by pushing himself too hard.

So, depending on your decision I will need Constitution Checks for Lulu.

Bofus:
You are able to follow Durgin as he walks briskly back to the ferry crossing. He immediately takes the Ferry across the Elsir River to the west side of the town.

Stealth Check if you wish to be unseen by Durgin. I presume you will wait and catch a different Ferry from Fortkeep. Obviously, you will need to be seen by Drathgar, the Ferryman. Please role-play any brief conversations you may have with him.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
Ackowledged . . .

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28

Yes, I wait until Durgin goes off, and note his direction for as far as I can. Next available ferry . . .

Hey there Drathgar! I need to get across right away. Secret scouting stuff, so mum's the word, savvy?? *wink* Gotta keep an eye out for those bad guys, where they may approach, that sort of thing.


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Durgin's Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

With great ease, you are able to avoid detection. However, waiting for the ferry does give Durgin a good headstart.

Bofus wrote:
"Hey there Drathgar! I need to get across right away. Secret scouting stuff, so mum's the word, savvy?? *wink* Gotta keep an eye out for those bad guys, where they may approach, that sort of thing."

"As you wish, my good halfling. So, do you think there are bad guys about? Do you think I have to worry about getting robbed?"

Once you reach the western bank of the river, you know that Durgin's route must follow north of the Ferry landing but you quickly come to an intersection. You may either go north along the road beside the river or west onto the Dawn Way that leads past many fields of grain. Either direction will shortly lead you past a small stone guardhouse.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
I'll go West, and sneak past the guardhouse:
stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41

and keep my eyes peeled for Durgin


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

DMHW:

Thordak and Lulu try to find some trade winds to glide on...
Lulu's Constitution Checks:
Hour 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Hour 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
...And touch down, exhausted, in Ironfist that night.


Dungeon Master

Bofus:
You sneak past the guard house unnoticed and you come to one more farm on the right hand side of the road. There appears to be a small house with a large barn right beside it. The barn door appears to be open.


@Thordak
• Sunday, Rova 30,4710; 10 hours after noon. •

Thirsty, exhausted, and tired, you arrive in Ironfist, the center of government, and your home village in the Hammerfist Holds. As you touch down in the familiar cobblestone square, a guard approach and exclaims, "Who goes there?! Get off the winged beast or Oi'll have to introduce ye tae my axe! Speak up, and tell me who yae are. Oi'll like tae see yer face as well!"

Ironfist Common


@Mutamba
Sunday, Rova 30, 4710, 2 hours after noon

Walking around town looking for ways to assist, you come to Delora's Livery Stable (#12 on Map of Brindol). Suddenly, a horse comes charging out of the stable with a rider in full gallop and Delora comes running out behind it with a hammer in her hand yelling,

"Come back here! That's my horse! Come back! Come back!"

Delora's Stable


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

After the meeting breaks up: So, Kellin, is there anything that I can do to help you?

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

If I hear the yelling from Delora outside, I will leave the inn to see what is happening.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth decides asking Kellin what there is to do might be a good idea after seeing Tirion do so.

"Master Kellin, might you be able to direct me towards the town church? I'd like to check in with those in the village who are of faith to see how they are coping with the news. Perhaps a prayer could be said for those who need it"

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


@Tirion

Tirion wrote:
"So, Kellin, is there anything that I can do to help you?"

"I appreciate the offer, kind Gnome. I'm not sure I even know where to begin. Perhaps you could move some of these rations and food supplies out to my wagon out behind the Inn. I think we are going to need as much of that as possible."

After taking several boxes outside and piling them into the bag of Kellin's wagon, you hear Delora's cry from her nearby stable.

Delora's Stable

@Mantooth

Mantooth wrote:
"Master Kellin, might you be able to direct me towards the town church? I'd like to check in with those in the village who are of faith to see how they are coping with the news. Perhaps a prayer could be said for those who need it"

"There is indeed a Shrine to Sarenrae on the east side of town." (#6 on map of Drellin's Ferry) "Just follow the Dawn Way east as if you were heading out of town and you will find it on your left just before the guard house. You will want to talk to Brother Derny, he is a little preachy, but he will certainly be able to use your help."


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth gives the innkeeper a nod of thanks and then heads outside to the Shrine. If he is not greeted by someone upon entering, he will inquire with the first person in the area. "Excuse me, would you know where I could find Brother Derny? I'd like to offer my assistance in any way I can."


@Mantooth

"That is me. I am brother Derny. Who are you, my son? You are here to offer assistance, but have you not heard of the inevitable attack coming upon Drellin's Ferry?! Hobgoblins, Goblins, Ogres, Giants and Dragons will be here soon and will destroy us all! You need to pray to the good Dawnflower that she may prepare for all of our salvation. Is your soul prepared for what is to come?"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
I'll approach the barn obliquely and see whether Durgin is in (or about)

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Hearing the cry, I begin to run toward the source of the commotion.


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

DM Rolls:

Outsider Perception Checks 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Durgin Perception Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Bofus:
You creep up to the entrance to the barn and peer inside. The walls are stacked with large crates and before you stands Durgin Fortkeep addressing a massive snarling, canine beast that appears easily three times his size. Unlike hell hounds or worgs, this fiendish beast's front limbs look more like hands than a wolf's paws. As they talk, the creature pads forward on all fours as it glares at Durgin, and shouts at him some sinister language. Although you cannot understand what they are saying, they are clearly arguing about some matter of importance. Durgin replies back forcefully, but surprisingly, he does not stutter as he speaks this infernal tongue.

Fortkeep Farm


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Dwelgar, Son of Orthrek wrote:
"Who goes there?! Get off the winged beast or Oi'll have to introduce ye tae my axe! Speak up, and tell me who yae are. Oi'll like tae see yer face as well!"

Put yer axe away, Oi'm not lookin' te fight! Thordak says, slipping off the saddle. Thordak, son of Throtgar at yer service. Thordak says wearily, extending his hand to the guard.

Buuaah is moi arse sore from ridin'! Good work, Lulu! Thordak says, patting Lulu on the neck and getting out some dried corn for her while he stretches his legs.
Oi need yer help he says, turning back to the guard. Can ye bring an urgent message te Othrek Hammerfist? Oi need te speak with him at once! Oi'm headed home first, will you let him know Oi'm on moi way?

Assuming the guard's consent, Thordak begins walking towards home with Lulu following.


@Thordak

Thordak wrote:
"Thordak, son of Throtgar at yer service."

"Well, pull moi beard out, Thordak has come home!"

A smile lights the familiar face of a familiar friend, the chief's own son. He then rushes up and gives you a rough dwarven embrace!

"What are yae doin ridin a big bird? I thought dwarves were suppose to walk places?"

Thordak wrote:
"Can ye bring an urgent message te Othrek Hammerfist? Oi need te speak with him at once! Oi'm headed home first, will you let him know Oi'm on moi way?"

"Aye, Thordak, Oi can do that! He will be glad tae know you are back. He's in bed at the moment, but oi'll go get 'em! Will yae be at home?"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Aye, well Lulu's a lot faster than me, an this is urgent! Oi'm gonna stop by home, yeah--Oi can wait there or meet ye at tha town hall, wotever's best. We should probably send fer Thaardin Ironhand, Uldrina Flamehair, Derra Copperfist, an' anyone else whose got some say in politics too...


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"Who is that man!?!" ask the monk as he sees the horse racing away.


@Thordak
• Sunday, Rova 30, 4710; 10.25 hours after noon. •

Thordak wrote:
"Aye, well Lulu's a lot faster than me, an this is urgent! Oi'm gonna stop by home, yeah--Oi can wait there or meet ye at tha town hall, wotever's best. We should probably send fer Thaardin Ironhand, Uldrina Flamehair, Derra Copperfist, an' anyone else whose got some say in politics too..."

"Oi'll go and find Da, and gather the others. Go home and say hi ter yer folks. They'll be missin you. Oi'll tell the King that ye will be comin in about an hour. Let's meet in the Hall of the Hammerfist. Oh an Thordak, it is nice tae have yae home!"

Dwelgar runs across the courtyard, and then calls back as an afterthought. "If yae can get some o' yer mum's honey cake, Oi'id be mighty pleased!"


@Mutamba & Tirion
•Sunday, Rova 30, 4710, 2 hours after noon •

Mutamba wrote:
"Who is that man!?!"

"That thief is stealing my horse! I don't know who he is, but he is getting away! Stop him, call the guard. Do something, please!"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Hrmm...Oi shouldn't mind some honey cake either...! Thordak thinks as he hurries home along the familiar way.

Thordak leaves Lulu outside next to the rain barrel with a bag of corn and knocks loudly twice before opening the front door. Hello! Oi'm back! Everybody up, we've work te do! he says loudly.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"Despite what you have heard about Mwangi, we are not fast enough to run down a man on a horse,madam. I will attempt rally the guard, but a stolen horse is not the most pressing matter right now."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Seeing where Delora is pointing, I run to -A/16 and cast a web centered at -A/7 such that it blocks the exit where the alleged thief appears to be going.

Move Action - Move to -A/16
Standard Action - Cast [url=http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/web}Web[/url] centered at -A/7 - DC17 or grappled, if not grappled, then must move through difficult terrain to escape.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)
Brother Derny wrote:

@Mantooth

"That is me. I am brother Derny. Who are you, my son? You are here to offer assistance, but have you not heard of the inevitable attack coming upon Drellin's Ferry?! Hobgoblins, Goblins, Ogres, Giants and Dragons will be here soon and will destroy us all! You need to pray to the good Dawnflower that she may prepare for all of our salvation. Is your soul prepared for what is to come?"

The paladin thinks back to Kellin's words before giving a slight sigh and then addressing the man. "These little dawnflowers are all the same."

"My name is Mantooth Longbrow, I am a paladin of Iomedae. Indeed, sir, My party and I are the ones that brought news of this impending attack and that is why I am here. My soul is prepared for what is to come, as is my sword. While I am not a follower of Sarenrae, I offer my assistance to you now as a fellow man of faith to help you and your flock to move out of the town."


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

Haha, didn't realize the gnome had joined me

In mid sentence,Mutamba suddenly sees a blur of movement and is surprised to witness the gnome conjure a sticky mass of webs. Busting into a run, the monk quickly moves to the edge of the magical ensnarement.

"Just the opening I needed, little friend."


@Mutamba & Tirion

"What the hell?!"

Reflex Saving Throw vs. DC 17 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

The horse and his rider suddenly become enmeshed in the arcane as it forms across the road directly in his path.

The panicked rider urges the horse onward kicking into the sides of the beast, but to no avail!

"You damn horse! Move it! Move it! Now!"

Delora's Stable


"Oh dear Dawnflower, let that man stop hurting my horse!"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
The HELL . . ?!?!
I quickly drink my Potion of Comprehend Languages--I really want to know what the hell's going on!!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

There is a slim chance of this working, but lets see.

You are going to be stuck there for an hour, or until I decide to release you. Now be a nice horse thief and get off that horse.

I move forward to -A/12.

You see Tirion's hands move in another gesture toward the rider.

Cast - Charm Person - DC16 --> Not sure whether he gets the +5 save. We are not really attacking him, just trying to capture him - at this point.


Dungeon Master

Bofus:

Upon drinking the potion of comprehend languages understanding suddenly comes upon you as the infernal language starts to make sense.

"Grrr! I am hungry and I want to feast upon the flesh of the humans!"

Durgin replies, "We are not ready for that, Barghest! Dammit, you must bide your time. These weapons and provisions need to be secure for the arrival of the red hand and I will not jeopardize that!"

"Grrr! I don't know why you must wait! There are no forces here to stop me from feasting!"

"As I said earlier, there is a party here from Brindol. They are servants of Lord Jarmaath and they are not to be underestimated! They may even give you a strong fight! Furthermore, they know a great deal of information! They even killed Ozzyrandion!"

"Grrrr! The dragon was young and weak. That is no measure of strength! You overestimate their abiities, Gashtar! Grrr! I do not want to wait. Perhaps I can lure them one at a time away from each other and then feast upon them one at a time!"

"You play a risky game! I still think you are putting my mission in danger!"

"Grrrrawww! Your mission! Your mission! Is that all you think about! This is about the victory and the glory of the entire goblin horde!"

"Well, if you wish to kill them one at a time in stealth, then I will permit it, but you better not get caught!"

"Grrrrr! You forget, human, I am not confined to this puny form as you are!"

"Well even so, I will not tolerate failure. We have waited too long, and I am not about to ruin it now!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Tirion and Mutamba

DM Rolls:

Will Save vs. DC 16 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

"Hey, buddy! Thanks for slowing down the horse! He was getting a little too fast to handle. This sticky stuff seems really good! Uhmm . . . . So how do I get off the horse? I would like to get off, but I think I'm stuck!"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
Hoo-boy. It's a damned good thing Thordak was suspicious, because my suspicion would not have been raised otherwise!! I've got to get back to the gang, posthaste!!

I turn and hurry back to town, circumventing the guard post, and going straight back to Drellin's Ferry, in search of my buds.

While I run, I'll go over the conversation carefully in my mind so I can retell it exactly as I'd heard it and folks can read the spoiler!.

Stealth (from barn): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39
Stealth (guardhouse): 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Hold on there, let me get rid of that stuff. It is Delora's new method of keeping her horses from running away. Pretty effective isn't it.

I dismiss the web.

Why don't you bring the horse back to the stable so that Delora can make sure that it did not get hurt in the sticky stuff.


@Mantooth

Mantooth wrote:
"My name is Mantooth Longbrow, I am a paladin of Iomedae. Indeed, sir, My party and I are the ones that brought news of this impending attack and that is why I am here. My soul is prepared for what is to come, as is my sword. While I am not a follower of Sarenrae, I offer my assistance to you now as a fellow man of faith to help you and your flock to move out of the town."

"Well, Sir Longbrow, it is indeed a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am always pleased to meet someone faithful and dedicated in bringing light to this realm. One thing that I am very concerned about is what to do with our books and holy relics from our shrine. They are priceless to the church and I hate to think about what would happen to them if they were lost. Do you have any ideas on what I can do to preserve these artifacts and tomes?"


@Tirion & Mutamba

Tirion wrote:
"Hold on there, let me get rid of that stuff. It is Delora's new method of keeping her horses from running away. Pretty effective isn't it. Why don't you bring the horse back to the stable so that Delora can make sure that it did not get hurt in the sticky stuff."

"That is a good idea, the horse does not need to be sticky. Uhmmm, but shouldn't we be fleeing to get out of town? Shouldn't we be escaping so the goblins don't get us?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Lets get you off that horse. I hear she is a wild one and you would not want to get thrown. Now, why were you so keen to flee that you took one of Delora's steeds? I mean, yes, there will be goblins, but they are unlikely to arrive for at least a day or two. It is more important that everyone gets things packed up in an orderly fashion.

So, as I asked, who are you and why were you absconding with one of Delora's horses?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dungeon Master

@Thordak

Thordak wrote:
"Hello! Oi'm back! Everybody up, we've work te do!

"Thordak, Son of Throtgar, is that you?!" Your mother, Kloin, gathers you up in a big embrace and does let go for what seems like a few minutes.

"Oh, my darling brave young son, where have you been? Oi have wondering when you would get home! Oi hope you weren't robbed and left homeless in one o' those human towns! Moi dear, yer look skinny and unbathed, have yer been getting enough to eat?"

You father, Throtgar, soon hears the comotion and comes down to greet you. "Hello there son! So did you teach those folks a thing or two about how tae shoot your crossbow?"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

I can't help wondering if DMHW is modeling Thordak's parents after my own...

Aye ma, aye ma, Oi'm gettin' 'long fine, ma! No, Oi didn't get robbed--no--no, Oi'v got enough ta eat--wot? Oi just bathed this mornin'! Thordak says, already growing exasperated but returning the embrace.

Ah, dad, how's tha forge? Aye, Oi sure did! he says, pulling his gold medallion out of his armor and tossing it over.
Ye know, Oi found an axe o' yers, somehow got inta tha hands of a...well...a bandit o' sorts. Anyways, it's been servin' me well, though p'r'aps a little too often...

Thordak lays Glimdraath on the table and takes seat with a sigh. Now Oi've got some important news, ye should hear it, but Oi've gotta go over to tha Hall of the Hammerfist an' meet with Orthrek soon. It's a long story, but after tha tournament in Brindol, me an some o' tha other champions ran inta some trouble--not with tha law or nothin'...not exclusively--but anyways, we were helpin' tha human Lord there, Jarmaath, an' we went out to Drellin's Ferry te take care o' some hobgoblins had been raidin' in those parts... Oi'll tell more in tha Hall if ye wanna come, but we figured out there's a whole horde o' hobgoblins an' giants an' all manner o' nasty beasts, an' even a dragon, an' they're headed fer tha Elsir Vale! We delayed tha horde, but...well, Oi had te knock down tha Skull Gorge Bridge... Thordak says, hesitantly, hoping they don't take it too hard.

Oh, an...don't be startled if ye go outside an' see a giant bird thing--it's a Hippogriff Oi saved...an' her name is Lulu. he adds as an afterthought, thinking it best to get all the potentially disturbing news out at once.


Dungeon Master

@Thordak
• Sunday, Rova 30, 4710; 10.5 hours after noon. •

Thordak wrote:
"Aye ma, aye ma, Oi'm gettin' 'long fine, ma! No, Oi didn't get robbed--no--no, Oi'v got enough ta eat--wot? Oi just bathed this mornin'!"

"Well that's good. So where are yer dirty clothes and Oi'll get you cleaned up in nae time."

Thordak wrote:
"Ah, dad, how's tha forge?"

"Aye, Oi'm still enjoyin the work! I'm workin on a new axe fer Orthrek's son, Dwelgar. Mind ye, don't say a thing tae him. It's suppose tae be a surprise."

Thordak wrote:
"Aye, Oi sure did! he says, pulling his gold medallion out of his armor and tossing it over.

"That's m'boy! Oi knew ye could do it! Hehe! You make us all very proud, Son! Ye brought honor tae the entire Hammerfist Holds with that one! Hehe. Just wait til Oi show this tae Orthrek! "

Thordak wrote:
"Ye know, Oi found an axe o' yers, somehow got inta tha hands of a...well...a bandit o' sorts. Anyways, it's been servin' me well, though p'r'aps a little too often..."

Throtgar takes the axe and inspects it over carefully. After a moment, he says, "Aye, this is one o' moi earlier creations. Oi think it could use a little care and sharpenin, but its still in good condition. Leave it toi me, Thordak. Oi'll get it back as good as new!"

Thordak wrote:
"Now Oi've got some important news, ye should hear it, but Oi've gotta go over to tha Hall of the Hammerfist an' meet with Orthrek soon. It's a long story, but after tha tournament in Brindol, me an some o' tha other champions ran inta some trouble--not with tha law or nothin'...not exclusively--but anyways, we were helpin' tha human Lord there, Jarmaath, an' we went out to Drellin's Ferry te take care o' some hobgoblins had been raidin' in those parts... Oi'll tell more in tha Hall if ye wanna come, but we figured out there's a whole horde o' hobgoblins an' giants an' all manner o' nasty beasts, an' even a dragon, an' they're headed fer tha Elsir Vale! We delayed tha horde, but...well, Oi had te knock down tha Skull Gorge Bridge... "

Your parents listen intently and exchange glances as you recount your story.

Kloin covers her mouth at the mention of the dragon and says, "Dear Torag, help us! You could a been killed, Thordak!"

Throtgar listens thoughtfully and then replies, "Aye, this is reason tae muster the clans. We'll need tae aid the humans fer sure! The fate o' the entire vale is at stake now! When did yoi say you were meetin Orthrek? Oi have a mind tae join yae!"

Kloin glares at her husband and says, "Yer son has become very reckless, Throtgar, and this time it's not moi fault. Dae yae see the influence you have on him. He's become an adventurer just loik you!"


@Tirion and Mutamba
•Sunday, Rova 30, 4710, 2 hours, 5 minutes after noon •

Tirion wrote:
"Lets get you off that horse. I hear she is a wild one and you would not want to get thrown."

"No, I certainly don't want to get thrown. That would hurt!"

Tirion wrote:
"Now, why were you so keen to flee that you took one of Delora's steeds? I mean, yes, there will be goblins, but they are unlikely to arrive for at least a day or two. It is more important that everyone gets things packed up in an orderly fashion."

"Well . . . I didn't have a horse, and Delora's horses seemed like they would help me. Horses are much faster than walking."

Tirion wrote:
"So, as I asked, who are you and why were you absconding with one of Delora's horses?"

"Oh, I'm Balog. Pleesetameecha! As I was tellin you. I was just taking Delora's horse to get out of here! I didn't think walking would be fast enough, and I need to get back to Terrelton. I don't want to be here when the goblins come. They are mean!"


Dungeon Master

@Bofus

Bofus finishes his investigation and returns in time to witness Tirion discussing horse matters with Balog, just a short ways down the street from the Old Bridge Inn.

Bofus, you may join the discussion with Tirion, Mutamba, Delora and Balog.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Uh, guys . . . can you finish up here with this horse stealer? I've got some big news.

I'm boucing on the balls of my feet in anxiety. Clearly this is not GOOD big news.

5,201 to 5,250 of 10,204 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.