Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


5,101 to 5,150 of 10,243 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>

M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

"Aye, and yae ken that the innkeeper has a memory like a sieve! I'm cauld Jorr, and I dannae live here and I didnae compete in anie Tourn'ment of Heroes. I am a grumpy auld hermit and goblin slayer, thank yae much, and I usetae live just north a Drellin's Ferry, until some worg riders came an slayed mae dugs! Now I'm here fer revenge!"


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"I have not yet had the pleasure, Kellin." Turning to the group he says with a slight nod, "I am pleased to be in the acquaintance of such accomplished individuals. I am Mutamba Nugutu, a follower of Irori and seeker of knowledge. Where I am from is a farther than one might believe possible, sir. What it is that brings you to this village is what I am most interested. I overheard you say something of evacutation of the hamlet. Why would this be?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Looking over at the rather out of place appearing visitor. Nice to meet you Master Nugutu, watch out for the dwarf, he is picky about that bushy thing residing where his chin should be.

Ninjaed twice.

_______

Oh, yeh an evacuation. Really unnecessary unless you do not want to end up in the stewpot of a giant. Me personally, I have this little quirk that I rather enjoy having all four of my limbs connected to my body.


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14
Mutamba wrote:
"I overheard you say something of evacutation of the hamlet. Why would this be?"

"Aye, its a' tae be a big secret! A horde of nearly three thousand beasites is anie a few days awa frae here, and they dannae wannae cause tae much panic in thae streets. If yae gae oot tae the common at noon, they're plannin tae tell yae aw' the cheery news. Mind yae, if yae wannae hear the nitty gritty, yae've come tae the richt place. All yae hae tae dae is ask the gnome. He has already tauld the story aboot three times last nicht, and I ken he wants tae tell it again!"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak coughs into his ale, half-covering a laugh.


"I d . . . d . . .did not realize that it w . . .w . . .w. . . was three thousand! D . . .d. . . did you really s . . .s . . see them?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Grinning at Thordak: I don't think we saw 3000. Even my eyes are not good enough to see that far. 1200, maybe 2000 was all that I was able to spot. The others must have been hiding behind the dragon and the giants.


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

"Aye, he's just bein modest. He disnae wantae mak yae all nervous an a'. But trust me, fella, there is plenty tae gae aroond."


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Mantooth breaks his string of silence when he sees Durgin and greets the farmer "Ah, Durgin, it is good to see you again? How have you been since we last saw one another in Brindol?" Mantooth says, extending a hand towards the man to shake.

Durgin Fortkeep wrote:
"What?!" Durgin replies with utter surprise. "How did you ye find out! I mean, h . . .h . . .how did you d . . .d . . .discover this? W . . .w . . .we knew there w. . .w. . . were g . . .g. . . goblins and all. B . . B. . . But an a . . .a . . .army?!"

Raising an eyebrow at Durgin's speech clarity, Mantooth presses him a little "Indeed, the threat is as Tirion and Thordak say - there are quite a lot of hobgoblins and other monstrosities up there that will be heading this way. Had you had dealings with them before, Durgin?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

@Mutamba

When Mutamba introduces himself to the party via Kellin, Mantooth returns the nod and introduces himself. "A pleasure to meet you, Master Nugutu. My name is Mantooth Longbrow and I am a paladin of the Herald Iomedae."


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

Raising a hand and waving off the use of master before his name as he replies to Mantooth, Mutamba says, "Mr. Kellin makes far too much of my aid to this community. Master is something I am not, hahaha. A fine god you are following goot knight. I have met some of your kind in my travels, but alas far too few in my previous home."


DM Rolls:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Mantooth wrote:
"Had you had dealings with them before, Durgin?"

"N . . .N . . . No, I haven't s. . . s . . . seen any at, at the f . . f .. . farm. B . . .b. . . but they k . . .k . . .k killed a neighbor' sh . . .sh . . . cow before. I th . . .th . . .think it was a g. . . .g . . . goblin!"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Well wot did it look like, Durgin? Oi thought tha whole reason we came out here in tha firs' place was te protect tha town from goblins--we jus' didn't know there was an army... Thordak says, trying to recall what Jarmaath originally said.


"Cr . . .Cr. . . cr. . .creature stands b . . b . . .bout three f. . . .f. feet tall. Sc . . . sc...sc ... scrawny, g... g...green, with b....b...b..bi...big head. It had an e...e...evil laugh!"


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14

"Aye, that's a goblin all richt. Spit it oot, fella! What's the matter? A wee cat got your tongue?! Well yae havenae seen the last o' them. That's fer sure. Mind yae, there nae sae bad compared tae the hobbies!"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Gobbies, hobbies, jobbies, kobbies, lobbies--wotever they are, they'll all get a good taste o' moi axe!


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

Taking all this in, Nugutu says"So what do you propose we are to do? A horde of that size will not be defeated by a group such as your's or these townfolk. I doubt they would out pace the attackers either. The ground covered by normal folk would be easily tracked and they will be consumed in the process."


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

"That's the big question that the town council has to decide. To run or to stay and fight the horde. For me the decision seems clear enough, but then again, I do not live here and have no attachments to this town. However, I suppose if I were in Brindol, I would make the argument to fight until the very end. However, Brindol at least has walls surrounding the city! This place does not look easily defended."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Not to be pessimistic, but my choice would be scorched earth policy. Leave nothing behind that the enemy can use. If we leave food, they will eat it. If we leave homes, they will have clean dry places to sleep and most likely will use the wood to craft siege weapons and the stones as ammunition for the siege engines and the giants.

If we can get people packed today and ready to leave tomorrow morning, they should be able to stay ahead of the horde. Also, someone should probably head back to Brindol and the towns in between so that they also are warned. Whatever happens, there is going to be a lot of death and destruction, I just hope that most of the deaths are those in the horde, not those being attacked by the horde.


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

"Your reasoning sounds good, Tirion. If nothing else, maybe you can simply slow down their advance."

Matthias pauses for a moment as if what he is about to say is clearly very difficult for him.

"I have been thinking a great deal, my friends, and I don't know how to say this, but I will try anyway. . . . I need to return to Brindol. If this horde is indeed coming, Lord Jarmaath needs to be informed. I am clearly the fastest one to do it. Furthermore, I need to inform my family and help with whatever preparations need to be made. The last words spoken with my father were in anger, and I need to make amends before anything tragic happens. From what it indicates on Wyrmlord Koth's map, the Red Hand could arrive in Brindol within a few weeks, and Brindol will need to stand ready to resist the onslaught. People in all of the towns east of here and throughout the Elsir Vale need to be warned, and Brindol will become their refuge. I feel terrible at the idea of leaving all of you, but as a priest of the healing Dawnflower, I feel my place needs to be with my people, back in Brindol."

Matthias stops and waits to judge your reactions.


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14
Tirion wrote:
"If we leave food, they will eat it. If we leave homes, they will have clean dry places to sleep"

"Aye, that's a bonnie thought! I'd jist like tae see a big auld minotaur strollin intae the Auld Bridge and askin, 'May I ha' a room tae stay in and a wee cup o tea tae boot?' Harhar! I'd love tae see wit they dae with the lovely flowers by the bedside. 'Hmm? They left me a wee snack by the bed!! I must remember tae come back 'ere."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Aye, Matt, ye should probably get goin'. Don't wait fer tha meetin'. Oi 've been thinkin' moiself, an' Oi think Oi'll head fer tha Hammerfist Holds an' see what support we can get from tha other Dwarves.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"What is it with gnomes and fi'a? I once met one of your kind while traveling that had a head of orange hair and bronze skin. Dat little bugger could barely help 'imself. I will help with what I can. These people will be needin' it. When I escaped from da clutches of them devil worshipers it was only do to the kindness of man whoknew the path of the great lord Irori. I can only seek to do da same here."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak looks to Mantooth for clarification.


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11
Thordak wrote:
"Aye, Matt, ye should probably get goin'. Don't wait fer tha meetin'.

"I'll finish my breakfast and depart after I get packed up, but try not to sound so cheerful about it! You're not getting rid of me that easily. You will be seeing me in Brindol by month's end, and I better be seeing you with a whole lot of dwarves comin down out of those hill to support us!"

"But seriously, take care of yourself, Thordak, and if you ever get into trouble, don't hesitate to ask for help from the Dawnflower. I will say a good word on your behalf in my prayers."


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14
Thordak wrote:
"Oi 've been thinkin' moiself, an' Oi think Oi'll head fer tha Hammerfist Holds an'see what support we can get from tha other Dwarves."

"Aye, first we get rid o' the preacher and next, we get rid of the dwarf. This is richt generous of yae tae leave all the hobbies fer me tae take care of!" Turning to Thordak in a low whisper he says, "But seriously, I dannae mind losin the Dawnflower child, but we cauld really use yae here fer the defense of Drellin's Ferry. If yae need tae leave after the horde taks the toon, then we can come wid yae. Mae charmin ways are shure to persuade the dwarves tae come and fight wid us. Besides, if yae get intae trouble, yae could always use a wild man wid a longbow tae watch yer back! Eh?"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Nae, lad, Oi never meant it like that! Like ye said though, Oi'm worried! Did ye see that big red bastard of a dragon? Lulu an' me would'a been toast if we hadn't a dodged behind that tree...Anyway, Oi'm not much fer good-buys. An' Oi hate te say it, but there's a good chance we might all die protectin' tha vale...Tha's all. So Oi wish ye well, an' Oi hope Sarenrae leads ye to many a fine cage indeed! Thordak says, taking his hand.
Fight well, Matthias. he says, nodding.

Turning to Jorr, he replies. Now Oi thought we were burnin' Drellin's Ferry an' pickin' tha horde off one by one till it got to Brindol...Wasn't that tha plan?


M Human Ranger 3/Rogue 2) (hp:34/34, AC 17, Touch 13, Flat 14
Thordak wrote:
"Now Oi thought we were burnin' Drellin's Ferry an' pickin' tha horde off one by one till it got to Brindol...Wasn't that tha plan?

Dannae ask me! I dannae ken wha's in charge of this band! I'm just follow along daein mae part tae stay alive and kill a few hobbies along the way. Mind yae, if yae wanntae burn the place, yae mae wanttae share the idea at the up and comin meetin. I'm sure the council and the toon will give yae tons a' support fer that idea! Just dannae forget thae marshymallows when yae dae it!"


W. . .w. . .what is that m. . . m . . .man saying? He s. . .s . . . sounds like a f. . .f. . f. .foreigner."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion almost chokes on his pancakes as Jorr and Thor attempt to communicate using completely unrelated languages.

I think that Thordak would like to round up the Hammerfist Holds' dwarves. Matthais is planning on riding like the wind to warn the rest of the Vale. And Jorr here thinks that with his bow he can slow down three thousand hobgoblins, ogres, works, giants and dragons.

And I do not want to burn down the town. I want to make sure that if, or when, the horde arrives here, there is nothing left for them to use. Good way to defeat an invading army is to make sure that there are no supplies for them to use. A starving army is much less effective.


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

"Before I go, I need to ask you if I should take Wyrmlord Koth's map to Lord Jarmaath? I am sure he will want as much intelligence as he can get about this situation."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Bofus or I should be able to make a copy. Most likely you should take the originals so that if something happens to us, Lord Jarmaath will have the real thing and not a copy with potential mistakes.


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

"Well go ahead, and start drawing, for I should indeed be leaving shortly. Also, perhaps I should take some of the documents you recovered from the command tent. What was it that you found there, a roster of creatures and a letter from the High Wyrmlord?"


"Y . . Y. . .You found papers? M . . M . . M . .May I s...s...see them?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I think that Bofus already made copies of the stuff from the Wyrmlord's tent, not sure about the map, but he probably copied that as well.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"Problem wit the likes them is that they eat their own. Food is not normally a problem for a horde that large ya know."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Well, I would not consider it something that a good people would do, but we could leave a certain amount of food and drink behind. Grain and alcohol. But poison the stores so that part of the horde will be disabled, and possibly even killed. If we can kill even one with injury to ourselves, I would consider that a bonus.


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

"Well my friends, I confess that I have grown close of all of you in the short time we have been together. That tournament back in Brindol seems so long ago, but since then, we have been through so much. Well, I am not very good with long goodbyes. Besides, there is not much time to waste, so I will keep my comments brief."

"Durgin, it was nice seeing you again. Take care of yourself, and good luck with everything."

"Mutamba Nugutu, I wish you luck in your travels. I have only just met you, but I assure you, what you are about to experience is not part of the normal experience of any of us here. Be well, and may you have a safe journey, wherever that may take you."

"Jorr, I know that you were never comfortable around a man of the cloth, but I want you to know that I appreciate everything you've done for this group. Take care, always."

"Bofus, thank you for everything you've done. I appreciate the fact that you never filched anything from me, even though you could have taken my clothes off of my back without me even realizing it. Take care Master Thief!"

"Tirion, I have gotten to know you over the last few weeks, and you are a good friend. Despite your black dragon heritage, I know there is much good within you. I am pleased to see you use your gifts to the benefit of the entire vale! Please be careful around the dragons, I am not sure how they are going to feel about you, now that you have caused so much trouble for the Red Hand. Be safe from harm, my friend."

"Thordak, what can I say to you? You have become a great friend to me, and I will miss you greatly. Take care of yourself and that fine hippogriff of yours. May your axe never dull and may you Torag always watch over you. Until next time, my friend!"

"Mantooth. You are the protector of these this group. I trust that you will watch over and keep them all from harm. This is no easy task, considering the great evil upon our doorstep. However, I know you will trust to the Inheritor and the Dawnflower. They will guide you in all things, and lead you to victory and the heart!"

Matthias gives you each an embrace one by one and then he turns and says a prayer to you all.

"Healing Dawnflower, take care of my friends and guide them along the paths that you would have them take. May they work to serve your will and smite down the evil that would destroy all that you hold dear. May their going in and coming out be in accord with all that you would have them do. Guide us all that we may be reunited in happier times where we may celebrate the coming of the light! I ask this in your name. Amen!"

Matthias safely secures the map and documents of the Red Hand into his saddle bag for a safe delivery to Lord Jarmaath. He then mounts Prince 'Humphrey' Kazoun and spurs the great steed onward. The horse flies like the wind out of Drellin's Ferry and the priest is gone!


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

"I am not oppossed to such things, my gnomish friend, but what of your paladin friend over there? I am sure that his order would not care for such activities."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Hey Durgin, Oi been meanin' te ask ye 'bout somethin... Lord Jarmaath had some candles in his room, big black ones--said you gave 'em to him. They looked pretty nice! Where'd ye get those, anyway? Oi was thinkin' Oi might get a couple in case Oi wanna work on some crossbow designin' after dark.

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I apologize for my light posting. Work just keeps getting crazier!! It's actually painful . . . have to cover several topics here.

@ Mutamba: Hi there, Mutamba. Bofus Beerswizzler, pleeztameecha. I'm sure we'll take all the help we can get!!

@ Durgin: Sure, I've got copies of everything. Take a look--just don't spill anything on them, OK? ;-)

@ Matthias: I'm sorry to see you go, my friend--but we *do* need to warn jarmaath, and the more time he has to prepare the better. I have a feeling that we'll need that Cure Light Wounds wand, and that Staff of Life, more than you will--may we keep those?? I'm pretty good at using the magic stuff, I'll look after these blokes!! Good luck, friend.

@Everyone: So, let's think ahead a little here. Are we best used here at Drellin's Ferry, or elsewhere--"hunting the head" as they say? Should we think about going after one of the other Wyrmlords, and trust to the leaders of the land to defend themselves?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

As Bofus speaks, you can see a glint in Tirion's eyes.

Wyrmlord hunting sounds like a great idea. We just need to make sure that everyone, including Lord Jaarmath know that if the forest giants show up, they are our allies and we should do everything we can to gain their assistance. Having those guys helping us by tossing boulders back at the ogres and ettins in the horde will be invaluable.

I wonder whether we could also harass the horde coming this way. Say start a forest fire or knock trees down on the dawn way. I do not think that trees would slow them much with the giants they have, but fire would be quite effective. Also, if we could take out that general, it would be divine. However, I think that would be tough with those dragon spawn he has guarding him.


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry

• Sunday, Rova 30, 4710, One Hour before Noon •

Norro Wiston enters the Old Bridge Inn followed by Captain Soranna, Delora Zann, and a sour faced man named Iormel, who is evidently a person of some property. Along with Kellin, who owns the Old Bridge Inn, these people comprise the Town Council.

Speaker Wiston greets all of you curtly while he begins pulling tables together to form one big table. "You are welcome to stay. In fact, you input is most welcome. However, the town council must make the decision, and that should be made within the hour!"

Once the room is set, Speaker Wiston hammers a gavel down on the table and the room is silent.

"You know why we are here!" He begins without preamble. "In a matter of days, we are going to have an army of goblins, hobgoblins, and monsters on our doorsteps. What do we do? Fight? Try to talk to them? Abandon the town and flee? Or do nothing and hope to the Inheritor that they don't come this way!"


"I was thinking," Kellin interjects. "They want treasure, don't they? Let's give it to them this time, but see to our defenses. If they come back next year and ask for more, we'll be ready to fight then!"


"You fool!" Iormel snaps back. "We can't let them take everything we've worked so hard for, just because we lack the nerve to stand up to this hobgoblin rabble!"


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry

Wiston appears flustered and indecisive does not seem to know how to respond. He says"Uhm. . . I guess I don't see that it could hurt to at least ask them what they want . . . What do you think?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

I apologize for the interruption, but before you all decide on a course of action, I want to make sure that all of you understand a few things:

First, this is the map we found with Wyrmlord Koth in the Vraath Keep. This is not the map of disorganized rabble. It is a full scale attack plan, and it goes right up to a siege of Brindol. As for Drellin's Ferry - they actually appear to consider being able to use the dwarf bridge which I imagine means giants laying logs across the old piers.

Next is the documents that my friend Bofus acquired from Wyrmlord Kharn's tent. This is not rabble, it is at least 3000 strong with dragons, giants, ogres and Iomedae only know what other horrors. In addition, this document discusses possible undead forces - they don't care about treasure and food, just killing.

You all are free to stay here, but I have been in their camp - this horde is organized under the banner of the Queen of Dragons, Tiamat - one of the evilest and cruelest deities this land has ever know. If I were you, I would gather everything I could put on a wagon and flee as fast as possible to the hopeful safety of the walls of Brindol. And tell everyone along the way of what is coming.

And finally, we destroyed the bridge over the gorge and killed at least one giant, one minotaur and numerous goblins and hobgoblins in the process, we also killed a huge green dragon at the bridge. We have given you several days extra time, but that will end soon.

Tirion pauses for a moment: And, finally, on an economic note. Since the bridge is out, the trade through this area will be greatly decreased, I apologize for this, but it was imperative that it be done. Even if you do manage to pay off the horde and save your town, you will have an army between you and Brindol, and no bridge the other way. How will you all survive and make a livelihood?

Please, I know it is a hard decision to make, but I implore you, pack your belongings, saddle your horses, gather your families, and flee to Brindol. And anything that you cannot carry, either burn or if it is food, poison it. You are facing a horror such as has never been seen here before. Make the wise choice and save yourselves so that if . . . I mean when . . . this horde is defeated and scattered, you will be able to return and rebuild. If you stay and die, Drellin's Ferry dies with you. If you flee and survive, then Drellin's Ferry survives.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak sits with his legs crossed, slowly rasping a whetstone across the blade of Glimdraath. Lads, these are goblins we're talkin' about here. They're not after treasure. This- he says, holding up his axe --is how to deal with 'em. But this only goes so far, an there are so many. Oi think if ye wanna live, we're goin' te have to abandon tha town. Now Oi hope to Torag Oi didn't knock down tha Skull Gorge Bridge te watch you surrender an' get executed. he says, raising his eyebrows at the newcomers.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Any response from Durgin?


"How do I know you aren't just lying, so you can get rid of us and stay here to plunder the town?! How do we know those papers aren't simply forged! I know your sort. Look at the greedy dwarf sittin there sharpening his axe, and that sly little halfling!! They even brought their own Mwangi slave with them! And that dark imp of a creature! I don't even know what kind of race he is, but I'm certain they have plans to see us leave alright! The story of a horde is a fine little ruse to get wealthy! A horde for a hoard! Shame on you for using a few goblin raids to instill fear in the rest of us! Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I am not going to tolerate this sort of banditry in my town. Captain Soranna, you should be doing a better job than to let this rabble run the town! Tell me Captain, and Speaker Wiston, have either of you actually even seen this so called horde? Of course the answer is no!!!"


Retcon with Durgin

Sorry I missed that, Thordak!

Thordak wrote:
"Hey Durgin, Oi been meanin' te ask ye 'bout somethin... Lord Jarmaath had some candles in his room, big black ones--said you gave 'em to him. They looked pretty nice! Where'd ye get those, anyway? Oi was thinkin' Oi might get a couple in case Oi wanna work on some crossbow designin' after dark."

DM Rolls:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"Oh, d . . .d . . did you like the c..c.c..c c ccandle? I found it at a street vendor in B..b.bb...Brindol. Do you think that L . . .l. . .l. .l Lord Jarmaath liked . . . . . it?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Sighing - The choice it yours. I imagine the we will be out of this town long before you have packed to leave. Thordak - show them the scales you pried from that green wyrm at the bottom of the gorge. Oh, and talk to the paladin. He will reaffirm what I have just said, and we all know that paladins cannot lie. At present, this is turning into politics. Politics will get you all killed. I will await my companions outside. The rest of you can debate until you are blue in the face and the evacuation of the town until it is too late.

I reach into my pocked and pull out what little coinage I have:

If it is just money you are worried about, here is all that I have in my pocket, I am sorry that I am not richer. Perhaps it will buy you a quick death by the sword rather than being slowly ripped apart or cooked alive.

I smash the 4 pp and 12 gp I have down on the table and walk out of the inn.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 <-- they should be so scared that they have wet their pants, voted to abandon the town, and begun packing before I even finish my speech.

Don't forget, I have a 27 diplomacy on the previous post as well.

I then wait outside for the rest of the group.

5,101 to 5,150 of 10,243 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.