Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


5,051 to 5,100 of 10,204 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

"Tirion, my friend, I would be willing to ride back to Brindol. No offense, but I clearly have the fastest horse of any of you. Besides, I would wish to warn my family about the oncoming danger. Most importantly, I think Lord Jarmaath needs to know what is up against. We he sent us out here to aid Drellin's Ferry, I don't think he knew there was a horde marching upon his fine city."


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry

Suddenly a knock raps upon the door and the Town Speaker, Norro Wiston opens the door and steps into Soranna's kitchen. Kellin, the halfling who runs the Old Bridge, follows him, along with another tall, broad-shouldered woman with blonde hair - Delora Zann, the master of the livery stable.

"Well?" asks Wiston, "What happened? What sort of trouble are we in for?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I repeat what I said before, sorry, don't have the every to retype it.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

While the conversation is going on, I'm busily making copies of the notes I filched from Koth's tent--two copies, to be exact. Once I'm done wiht the first, I hand it to the Captain. Here, Captain. This is the breakdown of Koth's forces. I knwo it wont' help much--it's like knowing the precise weight and speed of the rhino charging you!--but it's a start.

The second copy goes to Matthias. Here, friend. When you go to Jarmaath, give him these for the closest to solid proof that we have. He'll have a better determination of whether Brindol, possibly with allies, can stand against a force like this.

At Wiston's question, I greet him with uncharacteristic grimness. Good evening, Speaker Wiston. What sort of trouble? The sort of trouble that burns your town, loots everything you own, and tramples your blood and ashes into the dust. I indicate the Captain's copy of the outlay of forces coming. Good Captain, show him, if you please . . . THAT kind of trouble. We bought you some time, but we o
don't know how much. You and your Council must decide how your town will handle thsi approaching doom.


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry
Tirion wrote:
"Eventually we found the path to Vraath Keep. We followed this and found that the keep had been taken over by goblins, hobgoblins and at least 1 minotaur and 1 manticore. After a bloody battle, we were eventually able to defeat the forces. . . "

"Good, so you dealt with the hobgoblins, then?"

Bofus wrote:
"What sort of trouble? The sort of trouble that burns your town, loots everything you own, and tramples your blood and ashes into the dust. "

"What do you exactly mean by burns the town? You can stop them, can't you? You mean a hundred or so? We could help."


Tirion wrote:
"As they were crossing the bridge, Thordak struck the final blow and the bridge collapsed taking at least one minotaur, one hill giant, and numerous worgs and hobgoblins with it."

(Wincing) "Did you have to? When things get back to normal, we'll need that bridge! There'll be no trade along the Dawn Way until we build a new one!"


Bofus wrote:
"We bought you some time, but we don't know how much. You and your Council must decide how your town will handle thsi approaching doom."

"We will have to gather the rest of the council, but we will have to meet first thing in the morning! You are all very brave to have done this!"


Bofus wrote:
"Here, Captain. This is the breakdown of Koth's forces."

"Wiston, listen to these numbers!"

Soranna begins reading down the list. "Fifty Blackspawn Raiders, One Hundred Doom Hand Clerics, Thirty Doom Fist Monks, One Hundred Blood Ghost Berserkers, One Hundred Twenty Ogres, Two Hundred Goblin Worg Riders . . . One Thousand Six Hundred Hobgoblin Regulars, and Eight Hundred Hobgoblin Warriors!"

"Blessed Iomedae, have mercy on us! We cannot possibly fight this army! This will be the massacre of Drellin's Ferry!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Well, as we said, we made a detour on the return trip to recruit some help that Jorr knew about. I do not know how many forest giants may join us, but most of them hate the evil of a horde like this. Especially the way that these hobgoblins would destroy their forests. Nonetheless, even with the forest giants, it will be insufficient. What is not on that list is that there is at least one red dragon, we already killed a green. I am sure that they have a blue hidden somewhere and in all likelihood since those Clerics appear to worship Tiamat, the queen of evil dragons, they will have a black dragon and/or a white somewhere. Possibly more than one. And if that is not enough, they have some type of dragon spawn people, they have at least a few hill giants, and they have a number of manticores for flying assaults.

I shake my head.
As I said, I think that saving Drellin's Ferry is close to zero. The best we can hope would be to delay them. From other notes and things overheard, we believe that they have at least two bases, one in the swamp and one in the mountains. I think that our group should move to see if we cannot cut off this monster's head. Without the leadership of the clerics and wyrmlords, I have no doubt that many of these monsters will go back to killing one another such that the people of the Vale will be able to survive.


Male Human Paladin 9 (HP:68/102, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will)

Addressing the council, Mantooth adds onto what Tirion has already said: "I must agree with Tirion and Captain Anitah. With the numbers that we are looking at, we must begin evacuating the village immediately. While I am sure we will be able to rouse the forces of the Vale to meet this goblin force, it will not be soon enough to save this town.

That being said, we can save the people of this town if we get them out of harms way. If the council should decide to leave any force behind, those warriors should know they will very well be fighting until their deaths."


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry
Tirion wrote:
"Well, as we said, we made a detour on the return trip to recruit some help that Jorr knew about. I do not know how many forest giants may join us, but most of them hate the evil of a horde like this."

"There are giants out there in the forest?!! I had no idea that there were any left! I thought they were all dead! Do you think it's safe to employ their help?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)
Norro Wiston wrote:
Tirion wrote:
"Well, as we said, we made a detour on the return trip to recruit some help that Jorr knew about. I do not know how many forest giants may join us, but most of them hate the evil of a horde like this."
"There are giants out there in the forest?!! I had no idea that there were any left! I thought they were all dead! Do you think it's safe to employ their help?"

We will find out soon enough. But considering what we are facing, any help will be good. The one we talked to seemed honest and interested in being able to have his family return to the forest and not have to live in the mountains where they are now.


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry

"I am not sure that we could welcome them back! We are trying to make this land safe for business and travel! A pack of Forest Giants would certainly not help that image!"


Mantooth wrote:
"If the council should decide to leave any force behind, those warriors should know they will very well be fighting until their deaths."

"My good Knight, we will do whatever is necessary to do our part and serve the people of the Elsir Vale and the High Lord Brindol, even if we die trying!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)
Norro Wiston wrote:
"I am not sure that we could welcome them back! We are trying to make this land safe for business and travel! A pack of Forest Giants would certainly not help that image!"

Although independent, the forest giants are good people. I actually imagine that if dealt with fairly, you could actually trade with them and they could help to protect the road through the forest. It was the Vraath's that created the problem with the giants and they are long since gone, or they better be unless they want me and some very angry giants tracking them down.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
Norro Wiston wrote:
"I am not sure that we could welcome them back! We are trying to make this land safe for business and travel! A pack of Forest Giants would certainly not help that image!"

Speaker Winston, with all due respect . . . I take issue with your stance. What could be better for trade with other folk than an attitude of tolerance and embracing those with whom you once had differences, but now are bound in common cause? Besides, don't miss the trees for the forest, here: if you don't get every whit of help you can find, there will BE no DRellin's Ferry for future trade! And once that help is garnered, it would be . . . unchivalrous in the extreme to snub those who rendered aid.

.
If the Twisttusk Clan did decide to come out of their mountain hiding place and join this fight, it would mean they're most worthy of your trust and cameraderie. Giving anything less would be sour grapes!!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry

"You certainly speak from your heart, Master Halfling, but with all due respect, sir, you do not know these creatures. I assure you, Forest Giants are not to be trusted and are inherently evil. I don't think we can say no to their help, but in the long run, I fear this is going to come back and bite us. For the moment, though, we certainly need all the help we can get in destroying the horde of the Red Hand."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

If some are evil and unwilling to abide by their part of the agreement, that shall be dealt with at that time. For now, we need all the help we can get, and I assure you that Grunty who we spoke with was not evil. There may be others who are, but I would hope that Grunty would not bring those who would do harm to us.


"Please forgive the speaker for his abrupt reply regarding the giants. Perhaps you are right in that they can be trusted. However Speaker Wiston is only concerned for the safety and well being of Drellin's Ferry and the surrounding region. He takes his responsibility very seriously and does not take the matter of giants living nearby lightly."


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

The other option is dragons and dragon worshipping hobgoblins living in Drellin's Ferry. Personally I think forest giants are the more preferable option.


Town Speaker of Drellin's Ferry

"I will admit that I do not like any of my choices at the moment! Tell me, folks, do we have time to wait until morning to reconvene the council? I hate to wake up people if there is nothing that can be done tonight. We may as well let them sleep in peace while they possibly can."

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I think we've bought enough time that the morning will work. We don't want to start a panic--yet. I do trust that you all want what is best for your community, your home. We promise we'll do our best to keep you all safe, and have a home to come back to!


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I agree, I think a good nights rest here in the village would be a good idea. The council can meet in the morning. After that, I imagine there will be a lot of packing and tearful farewells.

We all find a place to sleep for the night and then have decisions to make in the morning.


"Well, you are all welcome to come and stay at the Old Bridge Inn tonight if you are in need of a place to stay. We certainly have plenty of room these days! If we don't find a way to stop the horde, then you may all be my last customers!"


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

When we are all ready, Thordak goes with the others to the inn for the rest of the night.


"Good night, my friends. I wish to kindly thank you for all of your brave deeds and for bringing this vital information. If we were taken by surprise, this would certainly have been the end of us all."

As the conversations wrap up, Soranna escorts you to her door and personally thanks each of you as you leave.

Do you all retire to the Inn? Please let me know what else you wish to do this evening or if you are ready to move the plot forward to the following morning.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

I just want the Captain and others to know that while we believe that the horde is several days behind us, it is possible that forward scouts could be faster and that anyone living across the river should be aware and at the very least the guards on that side of the river should be prepared to help evacuate quickly to this side of the river if necessary.

That is all, I am ready for a good night sleep.


As always, please feel free to retcon anything if I am moving along too fast.

As you depart Soranna's house and make your way toward the Old Bridge Inn, Kellin Shadowbanks speaks up to Bofus, saying "You and your friends sure did bring some sour news to the town. Are you sure they weren't just exaggerating a little. I noticed that the big folk sure like to get worked up and anxious about things. What's your real perspective, Beerswizzler? Don't you think an attachment of Brindol Lions should be able to solve this problem?"

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/9 Init: +12 HP: 53/53 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 15 (19 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

I look squarely, and seriously, at Kellin. Mister Shadowbanks, I infiltrated this army--yes, "army" is the correct word, or even "horde" might be better--so I saw first-hand what kind of force we're talking about. These Daikinis, if anything, UNDERestimated things. I tell you true, my heart was in my mouth when I first looked upon how much of this fair land their foul feet covered. Remember that list of forces the Captain read? I filched that myself, from the desk of the horde's leader. Those numbers are accurate, and probably on the low side. They are going to utterly destroy this land, and kill and eat everyone in it, if we don't cooperate to stop them.
.
And if, when you say "solve this problem" you mean "get trampled underfoot and not even slow down this army," then yes, a detatchment of the Lions will surely solve this problem.
I maintain a serious tone and expression throughout.

Good luck getting that good night's sleep, my friend. *sigh*


*Sigh * "Well the Shadowbanks clan has never run away so quickly, but hearing your advice, Beerswizzler, I am inclined to believe you. The worst part is that I will never hear the end of it from my mother in law. She always told me to stay out of Drellin's Ferry and that nothing good will ever come of it. Now I am going to have to eat humble pie and admit she is correct." *Sigh* "Here, let me show you all to your rooms! Since you will likely be my last customers I will only charge you one gold piece each. Sleep well, my friends!"


Dungeon Master

Sunday, Rova 30th 4710, 2 hours after sunrise.

You all sleep uneasily as visions of hobgoblins and dragons haunt your dreams. You wake up in beautiful quaint rooms of the most exceptional quality, and for a moment you forget where you are. However, the tolling of a bell and the yelling of a town crier brings you back to reality, as he calls to announce an urgent meeting in the town square.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Hearing the bells, I get up and stretch. It is going to be a long day, and not a peaceful beginning in all likelihood.

After gathering my gear, I head downstairs to await the others and see what type of hot food might be available.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Thordak wakes early and meditates as he scrubs blood and soot from his beard. He suits up and seats himself at a table, hoping for a big breakfast.


As you gather in the common room, Kellin calls to you and says, "What can I get you folks for breakfast? I can fry you up some eggs and bacon if you wish. From what I hear there will be a town wide meeting at noon time on the common. The entire town council will be there and they want to talk to the town about the entire situation. In the meantime, sit down and relax while I prepare a feast for you."


As you sit and relax, a familiar face to most of you enters the room and approaches your table.

"H . . . H . . . Hello my friends. S. . . s. . . someone told me that y . . . y y you were in town. How h . . .h h have you been?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Tirion looks at the newcomer, unsure of his connection to the band.

_____
Thanks you Kellin. A pile of flapjacks sound great if you have the makings. I am guessing that we may not be havin' a hot cooked meal for a while.


Kellin wrote:
"Thanks you Kellin. A pile of flapjacks sound great if you have the makings. I am guessing that we may not be havin' a hot cooked meal for a while."

"Certainly, my friend. Let me see what I can cook up for you!" Kellin replies. Hastily, he returns to the kitchen and in about fifteen minutes, he returns with a steaming hot plate of them.

"Enjoy, Master Gnome. For this may be your last hot meal for a long time."


"I see that y, y , you have a n . . n . . gnome friend with you. I am D . . D. . . Durgin Fortkeep. I w . . .w . . w . . . competed in the Elsir Vale Tournament of H . . .H . . Heroes in B. . .B . . B . . Brindol. . . . Who are you?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Offering my hand: I am Tirion, pleased to meet you Master Fortkeep.

Seeing the heaping plate of pancakes, blueberry nonetheless, I take a deep breath of the aroma.

Thank you Kellin. For some reason I doubt I will have a meal like this again for quite a few days. But I will all that I can to see that we are able to split bread here again in the near future.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Oh, Oi shouldn't mind some flapjacks, too. Oh an' how about some eggs, an' bacon? Aan' potatoes...an' bread...an' ale, an' brandy... if ye've got it, that is. Thordak says, imagining the food stores that will otherwise most likely be left behind while fleeing the horde.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Nothing with crumbs for the dwarf. You have no idea how many hours he spends trying to get them out of that morass of growth he calls a beard. He will probably still be here when the horde get here, picking and brushing away.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Oi know y'er jealous o' moi fine beard! You just havin' that little prick-beard, an' havin' te dye it blue to hide tha nat'ral colour, an' all, Oi do feel fer ye! Now bring on the crumbs, moi beard's growin'!


"I d. . . don't want . . . to in . . .in . . .interrupt y . . .y . .your breakfast, but I was wondering M. . . M. . . Mister Thordak if you knew w . . .w . . . what the m . . .m . . . meeting is about. Th . . .Th. . . This does not seem very t. . .t . . . t. . . t. . . typical."


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

Tha meetin'? Well, it's a long story but...we're evacuatin' Drellin's ferry. There's an army comin' an' we need ta prepare te defend the vale. Thordak says, wondering if he will cure Durgin's stutter with a single blow.


"What?!" Durgin replies with utter surprise. "How did you ye find out! I mean, h . . .h . . .how did you d . . .d . . .discover this? W . . .w . . .we knew there w. . .w. . . were g . . .g. . . goblins and all. B . . B. . . But an a . . .a . . .army?!"


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Nodding solemnly: Sadly he speaks the truth. You do not need to evacuate, but my advice is to get everything that is not nailed down and burn the rest. This is an army of thousands. Giants, ogres, ettins, hobgoblin priests and sorcerers, at least one and likely more dragons. The total number is in the thousands. While we have told you this as you have a past relation with my friends, I ask that you do not tell others. We do not wish to cause a panic. If you can return to your home and begin to gather your livestock and belongings, that is probably what is best. I would think that the army would not be here for 2-3 days, but it could be less.

The rest of the town will be informed in a few hours and then we will help to organize an orderly evacuation. Our goal is to keep everyone in Drellin's Ferry alive so that you all can return and rebuild a newer and stronger Drellin's Ferry once the horde has been defeated.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 9 (HP: 115/115, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6

So...ye do need te evacuate.


Male Human (Mwangi) 3 monk/ 3 Cleric HP 36/43 AC 17

Striding into the room with an unnatural grace, a Mwangi man dressed in light pants and an open linen vest fastened at the waist by a bit of rope nods his greetings to whomever catcheshis eye. A large smile and approachable manner seems to have won the strange man in a strange town many friends at the in. From you over hear he seems to be a do gooder around town known for aiding the week and healing the sick. Relaxing into a chair at a table next to your's he sits with his back to the party. Jutting just above the collar of his vest are set of jagged scars easily identifiable as those of the lash upon his dark skin.


As the Mwangi enters, Kellin Shadowbanks, the Innkeeper of the Old Bridge Inn, raises his voice to get everyone's attention and interrupt the conversation before anything is overheard. He says,"Uhh, good morning, Master Nugutu. I am not sure if you have met these . . . errh . . . Heroes of Elsir Vale. They have come from Brindol and were winners in the prestigious Elsir Vale Tournament of Heroes. Thordak, the dwarf is the reigning champion of the . . . what did you say it was . . . the Bolt Shooter competition, and Bofus Beerswizzler there is a champion burglar of sorts. The tall fellow with the gleaming teeth is Mantooth Longbrow, master of melee. Oh and I can't forget Matthias Teskerwill, horse master. The gnome is uhm, . . . I forget . . . master of . . . what was it, the mining champ? Ahh yes, and Durgin Fortkeep is just a local farmer who went to Brindol to compete on behalf of the town of Drellin's Ferry. Not that he won anything, of course."


Male Human Cleric 6 )( hp:45/45, AC: 20, Flat: 19, Touch:11

"Greetings, Master Nugutu. It is an honor to meet you. I am Matthias Teskerwell, servant of the Dawnflower. I am pleased to meet you and glad to be of service to you. You must be far from home. What brings you to Drellin's Ferry?"

5,051 to 5,100 of 10,204 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.