Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale

Game Master GM Harpwizard

Elsir Vale
City of Brindol


451 to 500 of 10,022 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW, I'm assuing that you and I can take care of the details of betting offline--I'm still willing to post the final "I'll bet X amount" under a spoiler on the thread if you wish

Bofus will start circulating a bit and see if he can't find out any more details on the rules--specifically whether any items, such as wands, are allowed to be used. Also looking for any details that anyone is willing to let slip . . .

Diplomacy: Gather Information 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

Arriving at summoner’s field you come upon a grassing field with a circular ring made up of dark granite stones. Around the perimeter of the stones you see five arches made up of huge blocks of stone. Each of the arches is filled with a swirling colored mist. The colors are red, blue, green, black, and white, respectively. Within the ring of stones several casters and judges walk around inspecting each of the archways.

Thordak looks at the rough stone archways disdainfully.

Huh! Those arches were clearly built by wizards! Look, no workmanship whatsoever! Pffff...You'd never see a slipshod job like that done by Dwarves!


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

As Mantooth makes his way towards the casting grounds with the others he stays vigilant in the hopes of preventing any other attacks that may occur.
Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

@Thordak The arches may have been made with a little bit better workmanship, but one can only assume they'd be much closer to the ground if Dwarves had a hand in them.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:


@Thordak The arches may have been made with a little bit better workmanship, but one can only assume they'd be much closer to the ground if Dwarves had a hand in them.

Keep talkin' like that an' you'll be much closer to the ground too! Oi'll put a Dwarven foot in you! Thordak bristles.

He looks around to cool himself down.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
DMHW wrote:
As the group escorts Cebrë Hath'we over to summoner’s field, you pass a number of fans that cheer you each on. Other than Bofus, you have each in your own way made a name for yourselves in a very short time.

As they pass the spectators, Cebrë smiles and occasionally blows a kiss to an onlooker.

Once or twice she she is so amused by the attention she begins laughing.

When they get to the field Cebrë ignores the banter and calmly observes the arches, waiting for the instructions that will begin the competition.


Dungeon Master

Soon, Judge Harmon stands up and announces each of the competitors to the crowd. “Ladies, Gentlemen, Wizards, Knights and Travellers from afar, welcome to the Arcane Challenge! This is one of the most difficult and dangerous events of the tournmanent. Please welcome Sylas the Red from Brindol, Rowena Jadeskar from Witchcross, Harash Lokastar from Dauth, Cebrë Ha’Thwe from the Witchwood, and Stumblemoss Sniveluffikus from Talar. Each of our contestants must complete a series of tasks through one of five different colored arches. Hidden within each of the realms is a small orb of that corresponding color. The first contestant that returns from the other realm with an orb will be declared the winner. Spectators may view the contestant’s progress through each of the arches. Competitors, do you have any questions for me concerning your task ahead. Then without further adieu, please select which arch you wish to enter by standing in front of it.” The audience cheers loudly as they wait in anticipation of the start of the event.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Cebrë wishes the others farewell and moves onto the field standing in front of the arch with the green mist. She hums a cheerful tune and examines the arch nonchalantly waiting for the contest to begin.


Dungeon Master

Following your lead, Sylas, a short human with a long moustache all dressed in red approaches the Arch of Red Mist. Stumblemoss, a well dressed gnome, approaches the white misted arch. A beautiful human dressed in a blue flowing gown named Rowena approaches the blue arch. Harash Lokastar, a shady looking necromancer approaches the arch of black mist. You cannot help but think the colors seem to match their personality and skills. You are hopeful that you have chosen well.

Judge Harmon calls out, "Let the arcane challenge begin!" With the strike of the loud bell, you notice the other competitors run through the arches. In a remarkable way, they all disappear into another dimensional world.

The green mist swirls as you approach it. Passing under the great stone archway through the mist you immediately come out the other side in a verdant green woods at the edge of a pond filled with water lilies. There is a path that leads down a trail to a large stone table at the edge of the pond.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Please note that Bofus has asked numerous times whether CAbre or Matthias want to bet on the Arcane Challenge, I never got a "yes" or a "no." I'm fine with "retroactively" betting if you wanted to--take that up with DMHW please--but in order to move forward I'm going to go with what I have.

While Cabre and the others are preparing, Bofus looks around then says
OK, time's up--going to see my new friend. I'll be right back--stick together, OK everyone?

He melts into the crowd, keeping a wary eye out.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

DMHW:

Head to Lambeau's.

OK, here ya go. First, here's 5 gp tip for the last bet. And, here's 600 crowns on Hath'we, at 2 to 1. Can you cover that? I'll assume "yes" for now

On the way back, I'll stop at a food vendor. I need some corn, as well as something else tasty--maybe some "rrrrrrrred meat off da boooone!"


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:
Please note that Bofus has asked numerous times whether CAbre or Matthias want to bet on the Arcane Challenge, I never got a "yes" or a "no." I'm fine with "retroactively" betting if you wanted to--take that up with DMHW please--but in order to move forward I'm going to go with what I have.

yep, sorry. She won't bet (she's pretty poor right now and is not a gambler in any case).


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
DM Harpwizard wrote:

Following your lead, Sylas, a short human with a long moustache all dressed in red approaches the Arch of Red Mist. Stumblemoss, a well dressed gnome, approaches the white misted arch. A beautiful human dressed in a blue flowing gown named Rowena approaches the blue arch. Harash Lokastar, a shady looking necromancer approaches the arch of black mist. You cannot help but think the colors seem to match their personality and skills. You are hopeful that you have chosen well.

Judge Harmon calls out, "Let the arcane challenge begin!" With the strike of the loud bell, you notice the other competitors run through the arches. In a remarkable way, they all disappear into another dimensional world.

The green mist swirls as you approach it. Passing under the great stone archway through the mist you immediately come out the other side in a verdant green woods at the edge of a pond filled with water lilies. There is a path that leads down a trail to a large stone table at the edge of the pond.

Cebrë makes her way down to the table carefully examines the table. She then casts detect magic in the area of the table.

After that (assuming an aura appears) she will study the aura:
Knowledge, Arcana:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Spellcraft:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Dungeon Master

The woods are quiet except for the delightful singing of birds. Approaching the beautifully crafted table you see clearly that it is made out of a white with green veined marble. The top surface of the table contains a smooth hemispherical basin chiseled into it. Surrounding the basin are beautiful flowery magical inscriptions written in the flowing elegant script of the elves. Your instinct is correct. The table gives off a strong aura of transmutation magic.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

DMHW:
I'm assuming Labeau can cover the bet, and that Bofus can find suitable food and drink, so I'll move on!

Bofus heads back to the arcane competition, once again staying alert for trouble.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

When he arrives, he situates himself by his friends.

putting on his best impersonation of the Dwarven accent Thordak has exihibited so far--not trying to be mocking, but friendly

Oi, Thordak, here ya go me brudder. Hope thar be no hard feelins! 'Twas the best ale I could foind, pray'ye dennae 'old it again' me!

Bofus hands Thordak some corn, a leg of turkey, and a pint of decent ale.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
DM Harpwizard wrote:

The woods are quiet except for the delightful singing of birds. Approaching the beautifully crafted table you see clearly that it is made out of a white with green veined marble. The top surface of the table contains a smooth hemispherical basin chiseled into it. Surrounding the basin are beautiful flowery magical inscriptions written in the flowing elegant script of the elves. Your instinct is correct. The table gives off a strong aura of transmutation magic.

Delighted by the ambiance of the woods, Cebrë wears a bright smile as she makes her way to the table.

.....

After Cebrë casts her spell she studies the aura for a few moments.

So, things are not as they appear.

Turning her attention to the magical inscriptions she says,

I wonder what these mean...

DMHW:
Previous spellcraft or?


Dungeon Master

Cebrë:
I am thinking read magic.

By means of read magic, you can decipher magical inscriptions on objects—books, scrolls, weapons, and the like—that would otherwise be unintelligible. This deciphering does not normally invoke the magic contained in the writing, although it may do so in the case of a cursed scroll. Furthermore, once the spell is cast and you have read the magical inscription, you are thereafter able to read that particular writing without recourse to the use of read magic. You can read at the rate of one page (250 words) per minute. The spell allows you to identify a glyph of warding with a DC 13 Spellcraft check, a greater glyph of warding with a DC 16 Spellcraft check, or any symbol spell with a Spellcraft check (DC 10 + spell level).

At some point we should talk just to clarify what spellcraft, knowledge arcana, read magic, detect magic, identify each do. Obviously you will cast read magic. I will post the results shortly.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:

Oi, Thordak, here ya go me brudder. Hope thar be no hard feelins! 'Twas the best ale I could foind, pray'ye dennae 'old it again' me!

Bofus hands Thordak some corn, a leg of turkey, and a pint of decent ale.

Oh! Oi...er...you didn' have to do that...well...um...thank ye. Thordak stumbles, blushing slightly at the gifts. Oi um...don't right know what to say, really. He takes a large awkward bite of turkey. Mmmwo, iss vrry gud! Thnky! He says through the small space of his mouth that is not precluded with turkey or beard.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Oops...I guess I had this post started before you and so now it's out of order

Cebrë laughs at the effect of the magic and snaps her fingers when the words come to her.

Hello! What have we here? A....concoction...of...cachinnation....just so. Now let me think...where would I find such items.
Eleven leaves...now that's clearly a riddle...no, perhaps that is a plant..
and the pasque flower, papaver rhoeus, valerian root and xylem....
I am sure they may be found in such a place...but where does each grow?

Cebrë itches her nose in thought (a peculiar trait to be sure).

Knowledge(Nature):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Dungeon Master

Upon casting read magic the writing becomes clear. It says:

The Concoction of Cachinnation can be prepared with the careful combining of the following ingredients:

• eleven leaves of a lady’s mantle
• the petiole of a pasque flower
• a pinch of ground Papaver Rhoeus
• a very small bit of valerian root
• the xylem of a xanthophyte

The completion of the elixir require a touch of merriment.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

posted out of order see above ^


Dungeon Master

Cebrë, you are familiar with the names of these ingredients. In fact you are certain they would grow in an area such as this.

To find them and successfully identify them, you may make the following Knowledge,(Nature) and Perception checks. For purposes of this event, let's assume that a sucessful Knowledge check represents five minutes to find the area to search and a successful perception check represents an additional two minutes to find the plant in that area. If you are unsuccessful, you may retry until you succeed, but it will simply take longer to locate (5 minutes and 2 minutes resepectively for each check. In the end, I would like to know how long it took to gather all of the components for the elixir.

• eleven leaves of a lady’s mantle (Kowledge,Nature DC 10, Perception DC 10)
• the petiole of a pasque flower (Kowledge,Nature DC 12, Perception DC 10)
• a pinch of ground Papaver Rhoeus (Kowledge,Nature DC 15, Perception DC 20)
• a very small bit of valerian root(Kowledge,Nature DC 17, Perception DC 10)
• the xylem of a xanthophyte (Kowledge,Nature DC 20, Perception DC 15)


Dungeon Master

@ Mantooth. The familiar face of Captain Lars Ulverth approaches you and speaks. "Well met, Champion Longbrow. May I have a word with you? "

Mantooth:
Lars Ulverth takes you aside and asks you a question in confidence. "Longbrow, I have a great deal of respect for you and I wonder if I could implore a favor of you. I have heard rumors of group of gamblers here at the Tournament betting on various events. I have been instructed to arrest those involved. Could you keep your eyes and ears out and let me know if you find any these outlaws? The have eluded me all day, but I thought with your help, I would have some better fortune. I would be willing to offer you a reward for any leads that you may find."

Perception DC 15:
As you are enjoying the arcane challenge through the image portrayed through the green misted arch, you spot Tralabard Yab watching the event about 100 feet away near the white misted archway.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Ladies Mantle (DC10/10)
Knowledge (nature):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
hmm...yes lady's mantle.Of course...It usually can be found in foliage
She searches and soon finds, popping out in clusters above the foliage, leaves of a lady’s mantle. She takes eleven.
Ah! here's some, how lucky. I hope the other plants are as easy to find

Petiole of a pasque flower(DC12/10)
Knowledge (nature):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Pasque Flower? I know what those look like...what's that purple flower over there. Ah! my luck holds, this is indeed a pasque flower, let me take it's petiole.

Papaver Rhoeus(DC15/20)
Knowledge (nature):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
What in the wide wide woods is a Papaver Rhoeus? Perhaps if I continue my search for the other ingredients something will make me remember.

Valerian root(DC17/10)
Knowledge (nature):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Valerian Root, ah yes I think I know where to find that!
Cebrë quickly digs in around some brush and holds a root triumphantly in her hands.

Xylem of a xanthophyte DC20/15
Knowledge (nature):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Xanthophyte, well that's a fancy name for yellow algea. Perhaps in the pond here.
Cebrë searches the banks but finds no sign of the algae at first.
Perhaps further along the shore...or in a puddle...
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Cebrë makes her way around the pond, but sees nothing. Finally on some rocks, along the edge she spots the algea, which she quickly collects in a very small potion bottle.

Having all but one of the ingredients, Cebrë sits on a stump and rests her head on her hands.
Now think, Cebrë. Where have you heard of a Papaver Rhoeus?

Papaver Rhoeus(DC15/20)
Knowledge 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Well, of course silly horse it's a poppy!
With a shout of excitement Cebrë leaps off the stump and runs to where she found the other flower.
Ah yes...silly me, here's the red poppy right here!


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

I think it took Cebrë 46 mins (knowledge X 6 = 30 mins, perception X 8 = 16 mins)?

After collecting the ingredients, Cabrë quickly makes her way back to the table and carefully combines them in the basin.

A touch of merriment you say? And there's transmutation magic all over this table...perhaps, just perhaps...

Cebrë pauses, lays her hands on the basin and smiles.
laughing touch


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

Perception Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

DM Harpwizard wrote:

@ Mantooth. The familiar face of Captain Lars Ulverth approaches you and speaks. "Well met, Champion Longbrow. May I have a word with you? "

Mantooth nods, breaking from the group a little to talk to Captain Ulverth in private, Of course, Captain.

Lars Ulverth:

A ring of gamblers, you say? Hmm. I have not heard of anything so far today but I am somehow not surprised. I've seen a fair number of shifty characters in the North Downs while watching other competitions. I will look into the matter. Have you or any of your mean heard of anything so far? I am curious, however, to know what sort of reward you will be offering? After Captain Lars lets Mantooth know, Mantooth begins his search in any and all gamblers.

Diplomacy, Gather Info 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 to covertly ask about about possible betting opportunities

Mantooth pats Thordak on the shoulder, turning away and heading away from the competition, I'll be back in a little while, my friend. Let me know what happens.


Dungeon Master

@ Cebrë. You feel the blood surge within you in great elation as you channel the fey magic through your hands upon the ingredients in the basin. Mysteriously, in a wisp of smoke, they melt in the basin to produce an emerald green liquid. At that moment, you hear the sound of an eagle up in a nearby oak tree. You stare in wonder at the magnificent sight, as the noble bird spreads it's wings, lifts off from a great nest high in its branches and disappears over the trees.

@ Mantooth.

Mantooth:
Your diplomacy, gather information check will take some time. But I will use your result over the next hour to give you any leads you may find. Feel free to role play some of the checks with various people.


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

DMHW:

Ok, that's reasonable. I am not really sure how this works.

Mantooth leaves from the tournament site and wanders around the North Downs. He tries not to appear lost and attempts to keep a low profile. If the captain had any suggestions/locations to start, Mantooth starts there.

When he can, Mantooth will feign browsing a vendor's wears or staring off into the horizon as if intrigued by something when near characters conversing about what might lead to talks of gambling.

Stealth Check 1d20 ⇒ 11

When Mantooth can, he approaches individuals who look shady enough, but not too shady to shy away from Mantooth's appearance as a Paladin, with questions of where one might be able to place a "friendly wager".

Mantooth also keeps an eye out for anyone he may know to ask them.
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Mantooth Longbrow wrote:
Mantooth pats Thordak on the shoulder, turning away and heading away from the competition, I'll be back in a little while, my friend. Let me know what happens.

Thordak, remembering what Matthias' words about the infiltration of the Brindol Lions, tries to remind Mantooth. Mwwntth! He mumbles through his turkey, widening his eyes at him and trying to communicate non-verbally that he should be careful.

He watches him go and decides to go looking for him if he's not back in ten minutes. He is beginning to grow weary after nearly an hour of watching an elf twiddle with plants, and looks around, checking for tatoos and following Mantooth's disappearing form.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Will I be able to see Mantooth's DC 15 perception check, too?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:
DC 15 Perception Check

Thordak, seeing his proprieter, excuses himself from Bofus and Matthias' presence and approaches to see what he is fussing about.

DMHW:
Good day, Trabalab! Is this a friend of yours competin'? Oi can't say Oi wish him luck, Oi'm rootin' for Cebre, see. But Oi certainly wish you much enjoyment in the watchin', Master Yard! Is this appropriate use of a spoiler?


Dungeon Master

Thordak:
Thordak wrote:
Good day, Trabalab! Is this a friend of yours competin'? Oi can't say Oi wish him luck, Oi'm rootin' for Cebre, see. But Oi certainly wish you much enjoyment in the watchin', Master Yard! Is this appropriate use of a spoiler?

This is fine if you don't want anybody else to read it, but if there is nothing to hide that would affect role-playing, then I would post normally. Even if their characters are not there, I think people would enjoy reading along. If the dialogue directly affects another character, then you may consider the use of a spoiler. If you want something to be really secret, then email me.

Trabalard Yab brightens up at the sight of Thordak. "Well hello there, Master Dwarf. I saw your performance earlier. Quite impressive I must say! Ah yes, I am watching my cousin, Stumblemoss. I am cheering for him, but I'm afraid he is lost in an ice labyrinth. I am not exactly clear on what he has to do other than find some orb. How is your friend, Cebrë, doing?

Mantooth:
You speak to a few folks, but nobody mentions a word. Then you are able to overhear the following conversation between two rogues. " . . . Yah, he won the bet on the last two events. I don't know if he can pull it off on this third one. I think Lambeau is getting nervous about losing any more. In fact he wouldn't cover his whole bet on this last event. . . ."

Bofus:

Rotskill's Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Thug's Stealth 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

You notice the familiar tatoo faced Varisian approaching you through the crowd. He is trying to be as discrete at possible. The thugs a short ways behind him are actually trying harder, but are not doing much better themselves.

Mantooth is not nearby, but Matthias is, and a DC 15 Perception Check will reveal that Thordak is 100 feet away talking with Trabalard Yab.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

Good day, Trabalab! Is this a friend of yours competin'? Oi can't say Oi wish him luck, Oi'm rootin' for Cebre, see. But Oi certainly wish you much enjoyment in the watchin', Master Yard!

Trabalard Yab brightens up at the sight of Thordak. "Well hello there, Master Dwarf. I saw your performance earlier. Quite impressive I must say! Ah yes, I am watching my cousin, Stumblemoss. I am cheering for him, but I'm afraid he is lost in an ice labyrinth. I am not exactly clear on what he has to do other than find some orb. How is your friend, Cebrë, doing?

Well, she seems to be doin' well, but Oim not sure this is my sport...Nearly an hour spent gatherin' herbs, an' we have to watch! Hopefully it gets more excitin' later on... Says Thordak, actually hoping the competition remains very mild and simple out of worry for his bet.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)

Just before the event started, Bofus returned with 2 small pouches. He hands one each to Mantooth and Thordak.

I'm afraid my man wouldn't cover the entire bet, only 300. So I put 100 down at 3 to 2 for each of us. Here's your change.

Mantooth, you get 150 back, Thordak you get 50 back.

DMHW:
If you recall, Bofus had said more than once that we need to stick together--so he would have kept a careful eye on who was going where if and when they separated. I'll do the Perception check for Thordak, but I'd alos like ot konw where Mantooth is; is he in plain sight?

After an hour, Bofus stiffens slightly but shows no other outward sign of alarm. He casually leans over to Matthias and whispers
Don't look now, but Rotskill and some of his muscle are right over there, heading this way. We need to get back together . . . look for the others . . .

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Ah, there's Thordak, talking with Master Yab. See him right over there? Let's go . . . Bofus makes a show of noticing Yab and cries out to him YAB! Master Yab! How the heckarya?!?! He drags Matthias over with him to join in the conversation. He glances about to see what the villains' reactions are.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

When he gets close enough to whisper, he leans in to Thordak Rotskill and his little gang are closing in. I only saw him and a couple thugs. Where's Mantooth? We need to get back together, and keep our backs to a wall. Keep talking to Yab while I try to find Mantooth. Mathhias, STAY HERE!! I'll try to get Mantooth back to you guys, but I'm going to disappear--I'm no good in a stand-up fight, I'd prefer to hamstring a thug!

Bofus will use the crowd to cover his movements and if he hasn't yet found Mantooth, make an indirect circuit toward where they were standing before. He's going to try to find Mantooth, and keep an eye on the bad guys as much as possible, while also keeping out of sight of them. Dagger is drawn and under his waistcoat.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Note I can only safely move at 1/2 speed.
Find Mantooth: Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Keep eye on bad guys, if necessary: Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

If I think that I've been spotted at any time, I'll attempt a Bluff check to distract, then another Stealth. Let me know whether any of these are required.

NOTE: I am going to start writing what Bofus is doing in the first person. Hoep you all don't think that's too weird. :-) If i don't like it I'll go back to 3rd person.


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

DMHW:

DM Harpwizard wrote:
@ Cebrë. You feel the blood surge within you in great elation as you channel the fey magic through your hands upon the ingredients in the basin. Mysteriously, in a wisp of smoke, they melt in the basin to produce an emerald green liquid. At that moment, you hear the sound of an eagle up in a nearby oak tree. You stare in wonder at the magnificent sight, as the noble bird spreads it's wings, lifts off from a great nest high in its branches and disappears over the trees.

How much liquid is there? Enough for 1 potion? Do I need a roll here?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
Bofus Beerswizzler wrote:
Rotskill and his little gang are closing in. I only saw him and a couple thugs. Where's Mantooth? We need to get back together, and keep our backs to a wall. Keep talking to Yab while I try to find Mantooth. Mathhias, STAY HERE!! I'll try to get Mantooth back to you guys, but I'm going to disappear--I'm no good in a stand-up fight, I'd prefer to hamstring a thug!

Thordak steps aside to talk with Bofus and Matthias. Hrmph! Thordak snorts to Bofus and Matthias' worried visages. Oim not worried! He wouldn't want to go embarrassing himself in public like this! Hraha! Thordak laughs, patting his mace. As for you, Bofus, you sure you want to run off alone like that? Oi don't know where Mantooth has gone but if he's been captured by the Thieve's guild they might be waiting for some little halfling to come along to gobble up, too! Well, as you wish... Thordak says as the Halfling rolls and dodges away through the crowd.

He turns back to Yab: Sooo....ah, Master Yab, what...um...what is your fondest memory of you and your cousin Rumbletoss? He asks distractedly, trying to look around for the thugs without being obvious about it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


Dungeon Master

Cebrë:
You appear to have about three bottles worth of the elixir. You are aware that the liquid is infused with some magical properties, but as of yet, you are unaware of what that purpose is.

Bofus wrote:
YAB! Master Yab! How the heckarya?!?"

"Well look who's here, my young halfling friend, Mr. Beechnut. Last night after I was woken, I couldn't sleep a wink thinking about that dreaded Rotskill and his thugs invading the Wyvern. But alas, now that I am here at the festivities, I have let go of my worries and started to really enjoy myself. In fact I haven't thought a single worrisome thought all day! How are you enjoying yourself?"

Thordak wrote:
He turns back to Yab: "Sooo....ah, Master Yab, what...um...what is your fondest memory of you and your cousin Rumbletoss?" He asks distractedly, trying to look around for the thugs without being obvious about it.

My fondest memory you ask? Well, I remember Stumblemoss once dared me to climb into a barrel at the top of a hill and I said, "No, I won't do that because you will push me down the hill with me in it." My cousin hastily replied, "No, I simply want to see if you can squeeze yourself up into a little ball that will fit in it." So you know what happened? I managed to fit myself into that barrel, but I couldn't get out. So he pushed the barrel down the nearby hill and . . . .master Dwarf, you seem distracted and all jittery. You should take some time out of your day and try meditation. It is very good for your vibrations and has really helped me and my worry habit. See how relaxed I am at this exciting competition. You should try and be mindful of the moment.

Thordak, Bofus and Perception DC 12:
Rotskill and his thugs are closing in on Thordak, Matthias, and Trabalard. You anticipate they will be there in just a moment. You are not clear where Bofus has slipped off to.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
In fact I haven't thought a single worrisome thought all day! How are you enjoying yourself?"

I have a feeling things are about to get rather exiciting . . .

*this is where I depart*

Quote:
** spoiler omitted **

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

DMHW:
I position myself so that I can flank someone--preferably Rotskill, but I'll accept any thug--if the poop hits the fan. Also, can I tell whether any of the bad guys notice me?


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:
My fondest memory you ask? Well, I remember Stumblemoss once dared me to climb into a barrel at the top of a hill and I said, "No, I won't do that because you will push me down the hill with me in it." My cousin hastily replied, "No, I simply want to see if you can squeeze yourself up into a little ball that will fit in it." So you know what happened? I managed to fit myself into that barrel, but I couldn't get out. So he pushed the barrel down the nearby hill and . . . .master Dwarf, you seem distracted and all jittery. You should take some time out of your day and try meditation. It is very good for your vibrations and has really helped me and my worry habit. See how relaxed I am at this exciting competition. You should try and be mindful of the moment.

Thordak is scarcely able to hold back a roaring laugh at the foolhardy gnome.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Upon seeing the thugs he regains composure. Er—Excuse me Master Yab.

Thordak turns and approaches Rotskill and his thugbears.

Ah, Oi've been lookin' for you. Did you ever catch up with that thievin' Halfling? That runt-bastard stole gold from me! He even stole moi corn! Oi would have would have had him, too, but the sneak bit me hand when Oi grabbed him an' he got away! Thordak says, showing Rotskill his bandaged hand and scowling convincingly.

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Male Human 2

Matthias had been standing near Thordak and Master Yab observing the event, the news of Rotskil has him on edge; seeing Thordak approach Rotskil and thugs makes him even more uneasy. Matthias tries to appraise what is happening.
Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Matthias is unable to make out what is going on from where he is and decides to try and move sneakily through the crowd around behind Rotskil in case Thordak needs any help.
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Dungeon Master
Thordak wrote:
Ah, Oi've been lookin' for you. Did you ever catch up with that thievin' Halfling? That runt-bastard stole gold from me! He even stole moi corn! Oi would have would have had him, too, but the sneak bit me hand when Oi grabbed him an' he got away! Thordak says, showing Rotskill his bandaged hand and scowling convincingly.

Rotskill's Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 17

You and that friggin halfling are as thick as thieves! Before I cut off that beard of yours, tell me where the bastard is!! He has something that belongs to me and I want it now!!

Intimidate 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

You are demoralized which means you are shaken for 2 rounds (see Intimidate on p. 99 and Shaken on p. 568)

@ Matthias and Bofus. You are each able to flank one of the thugs with Thordak.


Man-Dwarf Dwarf Ranger 8 (HP: 105/105, AC: 22, Flat: 19, Touch: 15, +14 Perception(+2 on Stonework/fe/ft) Hunter's Tricks: 6/6
DM Harpwizard wrote:

You and that friggin halfling are as thick as thieves! Before I cut off that beard of yours, tell me where the bastard is!! He has something that belongs to me and I want it now!!

Intimidate 1d20-2

You are demoralized which means you are shaken for 2 rounds (see Intimidate on p. 99 and Shaken on p. 568)

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

DMHW:
"Demoralize: You can use this skill to cause your opponents to become shaken for a number of rounds. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If you are successful, the target is shaken for 1 round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC." So My DC is 22?

If Thordak is shaken:
Thordak lowers his bandaged hand, reddening. He fools with his beard distractedly and laughs nervously, but does not say anything. Thordak goes into total defense.

If Thordak prevails:
Thordak laughs in Rotskill's tatooed face. Hrah! Who do you think you are? Some big, tatoo-faced thug? You're a locksmith! You couldn't pour water out of a boot if the directions were written on the heel! Why don't you go find a tatoo-shop and scrape your face up some more, maybe you can get him to tatoo your whole face yellow to match your belly! Thordak goes into total defense, hoping Rotskill is foolish enough to attack him first in plain sight of everyone.


Dungeon Master

Thordak:
Demoralize wrote:
You can use this skill to cause your opponents to become shaken for a number of rounds. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If you are successful, the target is shaken for 1 round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC."

Hit Dice refers to your level not hit point. So the DC is actually 10 + 1 + 2 or DC 13. However, just because you are shaken doesn't mean you are charmed. You may role play as you like. Simply know that you are at a penalty for the next two rounds for any check you wish to make.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
@ Matthias and Bofus. You are each able to flank one of the thugs with Thordak.

Is either Mantooth or a guard nearby?

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Dungeon Master
Bofus wrote:
Is either Mantooth or a guard nearby?

Mantooth is not at summoner's field at the moment. There are a few guards patrolling the grounds. The closest is about 100 feet away.


Male Human Paladin 8 (HP:88/95, AC: 28, Touch: 16; +10 Fort, +5 Reflex, +11 Will)

DMHW:

Overhearing the rogues' conversation, Mantooth pauses for a moment to collect his thoughts. He can only assume, given Bofus's return of part of his prize money, that Lambeau would be the bookie Bofus is using.

Is there any chance that Mantooth has found the name of a bookie that is not Lambeau?


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

Cebrë collects the mysterious liquid from the basin in three bottles and makes her way to the tree the eagle departed.

Knowledge: (nature)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

hmm...what symbolism does an eagle have?

Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Cebrë looks for any interesting signs around the base of the tree the eagle had it's nest in.

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:
Mantooth is not at summoner's field at the moment.

SSSSSHHHHH*****TT!! where'd he go?!?!

Keep searching for Mantooth
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

GGAAAAHH!! Danged Daikinis!! According to Wikipedia, this is the actual spelling of "Daikini" :-)

DM Harpwizard wrote:


There are a few guards patrolling the grounds. The closest is about 100 feet away.

I'm ready to call out to a guard for help if an altercation starts (or after I go STABITTYSTABITTY, I'm flexible)


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2
DM Harpwizard wrote:
@ Cebrë. You feel the blood surge within you in great elation as you channel the fey magic through your hands upon the ingredients in the basin. Mysteriously, in a wisp of smoke, they melt in the basin to produce an emerald green liquid. At that moment, you hear the sound of an eagle up in a nearby oak tree. You stare in wonder at the magnificent sight, as the noble bird spreads it's wings, lifts off from a great nest high in its branches and disappears over the trees.

Please see my previous post

If nothing can be seen concerning the tree, Cebrë will return to the table and drink one of the green elixirs.

BTW - 500th post!!


Dungeon Master

@Cebrë. The roots to the tree are very large, but the most distinguishing feature is the great nest located about twenty feet up, near the top of the tree.

Mantooth:
Paladin with a conundrum wrote:
Overhearing the rogues' conversation, Mantooth pauses for a moment to collect his thoughts. He can only assume, given Bofus's return of part of his prize money, that Lambeau would be the bookie Bofus is using.

Is there any chance that Mantooth has found the name of a bookie that is not Lambeau?

Unfortunately, you have not heard of any bookies other than Lambeau.

@Bofus, Matthias, and Thordak. You are both able to clearly witness Rotskill verbally threatening Thordak. The Varisian has drawn his rapier and clutches it in his hand. Even the mighty dwarf is clearly shaken by his threats.

I am going to count to three. Either you tell me where that halfling is, or the beard will be cut! One . . . Two . . .


Female Half-Elf Wizard/2

DMHW:
How high is the nest? More than 25ft?


Dungeon Master

Cebrë:
The nest is about twenty feet up. A DC 10 climb check would suffice

Andoran

Male Halfling Thief/8 Init: +12 HP: 21/51 AC: 28 Touch: 19; Perception 14 (18 traps; TRAPSPOTTER)
Attacks:
Rapier: +15/+10 (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +2 ench); Bow +14/+9(+1) (+6 BAB, +6 Dex, +1 size, +1 bow/+1 acid arrow)
DM Harpwizard wrote:

@Bofus, Matthias, and Thordak. You are both able to clearly witness Rotskill verbally threatening Thordak. The Varisian has drawn his rapier and clutches it in his hand. Even the mighty dwarf is clearly shaken by his threats.

At seeing the rapier drawn, I shout (directing toward the closest guard)

GUARD!! WEAPON DRAWN!! HEEEELP!!! GUAAAARRDD!!

then immediately move to a different location (preferably still where I can rush in to assist if combat ensues)

stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

451 to 500 of 10,022 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Harpwizard’s Heroes of Elsir Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.