Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Flykiller's Council of Thieves

Game Master flykiller


151 to 200 of 951 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Dracius nods, "I think that the wisest course of action.".


As you draw near the crossing, you smell blood and hear muttered swearing. Peeking around the corner, you see five goblin corpses and one human corpse in hellknight armor. Further into the tunnel you originally came from, another hellknight slowly flees the battlefield, carrying a motionless, but apparently still alive body of his comrade on his back. He sways under the heavy load and utters curses to all the Hells and Heavens of the world; your group and the goblins are both featured in them heavily.
As the hellknight's silhouette disappears around a corner, Janiven steps into the big hall and kneels over the fallen hellknight. "Ha! That's hardly a real hellknight - look, the armor looks like plate mail, but is in fact dyed leather. They let armigers chase us, young nobles or sons of priests who aspire to join the Order when they grow older." She gets up. "Still, we are in no position to pick fights right now. Not while they got Arael - they'll happily twist his head off just to spite us if we harm one of them. I think it's best for us to hurry to the exit and not let them know we've passed this way - they're bound to return here soon to pick up the body."


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

"Well thats insulting, ain't it. Which way?" Bishop says as he quickly looks the dead hellknight over for anything of use.

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Did we grab the locked box from the other room?

Dracius shakes out his cloak and begins to laugh, saying, "By the Eternal Rose! We've been running from understudies!"

The tension quickly returns, however, and he scans the body to see if there is anything of quick value, as he was taught back in childhood. As his hands check for pockets and pouches, he mutters under his breath, "Let's see if our spoiled son left us anything."

He then stands and scans the room, looking past the radius of light to try to find the next mark on the wall.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12 {Scavenger racial trait}
Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7 {Scavenger racial trait}


A light crossbow, a quiver with 10 bolts, a longsword, and a light blue potion can be found on the body or near it.

Perception DC16 or Spellcraft DC16:
It's a Cure Light Wounds potion

As you follow the mark on the wall, which is pointing to where the goblin patrol came from, you notice that the air grows colder. Janiven's voice cheers up a little. "A draft of fresh air - we must be getting close! Keep your eyes peeled."
And you indeed have to keep them wide open, because the dim light which was permeating the sewers seems thinner there. A torch can barely illuminate 10 feet ahead of you, and you are forced to slow down your pace and watch your step very carefully to avoid tripping over.
DM rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Suddenly, you hear Janiven's muffled gasp "What in the Nine Hells is THAT?!" as something looking as a slice of darkness so thick it is actually solid brushes past her face. She jumps backwards and nocks an arrow , trying to find her aim in the dark space ahead.
You can hardly believe your eyes as you make out a brief outline of something slithering off the wall in the darkness ahead. The amorphous shape is constantly moving and writhing, parts of it blending with the darkness while others becoming more pronounced. It can only be discerned by being even darker than the shadows behind it. Three black tentacles are squirming menacingly.
The combat begins. Knowledge (planes) to identify your foe, initiative and actions please.
Illustration


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Dracius looks the the thing with a mix of horror and wonder, Indeed, what is that thing? There's such a potential for beauty in its shifting form and yet there is something truly ugly about it. Shelyn, preserve us!

Dracius grasps the clasp of his cloak and concentrates, willing Shelyn's protection on his allies, he then steps back slightly and draws his glaive, Can this blade even cut that darkness?.

Activates the Deflection Aura domain power, grainting everyone a +2 deflection bonus to CMD and AC for 1 full round


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

Initiative
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Oh boy, that's ugly."

Bishop draws his gun and aims it the creature. He focuses on it and fires off a round.

Using a grit point for Up Close and Deadly. This is assuming the creature moves within close range by my turn. If not, I will move closer to it.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 versus touch

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage

Up Close and Deadly Damage
1d6 ⇒ 6 half on a miss.


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Sorry for my lack of posting, been a busy week

When Illithia sees the corpse of the aspiring young hellknight, she pauses and says a quick prayer to Shelyn. Such a tragedy. Where her companions laugh at the banality of it all, and search the man to relieve him of possessions, Illithia looks mournfully on his face. One more victim to lay at the feet of the diabolists. So young. "I wonder... what beauty this young man may have brought into the world were he raised in different circumstances." Illithia says soberly.

Now during combat

Illithia will use her Paladin ability to Detect Evil.

Where my blade passes, a life is cut short, and the world's capacity for beauty is diminished. She would avoid this fight if she could.


Init order:
Janiven 25
Monster 17
Dracius 11
Bishop 4

DM rolls:

3d5 ⇒ (5, 1, 2) = 8

Janiven lets an arrow fly, while retreating to the back rank behind Dracius and Illithia:
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
The arrow strikes true and gets stuck in the creature's oily black hide, causing it to jerk backwards. "At least it can feel pain" Janiven says with a satisfaction in her voice.

The monster recovers quickly and moves forward, targeting unarmed Illithia. Dracius attempts to cut it with his glaive as it enters his reach, but although he could have sworn his aim was right, the blade passes through the dark air unhindered. AOO missed because the monster has concealment in the darkness
A black tentacle lashes out at Illithia, who feels a stong wave of mindless evil coming off of the monster:
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Shelyn apparently guards Illithia from harm as the tentacle passes harmlessly. She can see drops of black oily liquid flying past her face.
Bishop's shot thunders through the tunnel as the bullet leaves a deep irregularly-shaped hole in the monster. Its tentacles fall lifeless for a moment, before rising up again in a desperate vigor.

Round 2:
We can make it! Janiven cries as she loads and fires another arrow.
concealment: 1d5 ⇒ 2
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Janiven is an expert marksman and the arrow hits again, but this time the creature pays little attention to it, as it whips all three tentacles around wildly.
Need Illithia's initiative and actions before resolving the monster's action. I currently assume the positioning is as follows:
M
ID
BJ


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Round 1

Illithia's glaive springs into her hands as she takes a step back to get an appropriate hit in. The mindless evil coming off the creature almost overwhelms her. She draws upon the power of Shelyn, calling out on the Rose's power to end this tortured creature, before swinging powerfully at the creature.

5ft step away, drawing glaive as a move action. Swift action to Smite Evil. Power attack. AC vs the creature now 21. If it is indeed an evil outsider, add 1 damage. All of Illithia's attacks now bypass DR.
Glaive: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 = 17 (1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12)


Impressive, but your init is lower than the monster's, so let's see how its action plays out first. Also remember there's 20% concealment miss chance.
Two of the monster's tentacles flail wildly at Illithia before she is able to retreat, while the third one reaches out to Dracius, as the wounded monster rages silently in the darkness.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20(1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20(1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12(1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5)

Dracius is able to parry the blow with his glaive, but Illithia is not so lucky. Each tentacle ends with a sharp claw, and they leave deep bruises, tainted by the black oily liquid which covers the creature's skin. As the liquid spreads over Illithia's skin and in her blood, she feels numbness and lethargy crawling over her, and her movements lose their usual grace.
Two DC13 Fort saves, lose 2 Dex for each failed save


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

I assume I also take 7 damage? Actions as stated above, will roll miss chance.
Fort Save 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Fort Save 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Miss Chance (low is good): 1d100 ⇒ 85

Illithia stumbles gracelessly as ooze seeps over her, but by the grace of the Rose, she's able to recover, slashing out with Shelyn's power at the evil creature, though it blends in with the darkness, causing Illithia's attack to miss to the side.


That's right, 7 damage. So if low is good, it means 85 is a miss? I find it more convenient to roll 1d5 and 1 is a miss, as usual. The beauty of digital dice :)


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Yes, Illithia missed (edited my post) :)


Round 2 actions from Dracius and Bishop, then. Dracius is adjacent to the monster at the start of the round.


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

So do I need to roll a miss chance as well?

Bishop will step forward while holstering his pistol. He pulls back his brass knuckled fist and swings at the beast.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Not that it matters

1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

However, he swings just short and misses.


Yes, while you fight in the darkness, this monster has concealment.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Is there concealment even against those of us with Darkvision?

Dracius curses as the thing shifts inside the reach of his glaive, and winces as he sees the tentacles break through his magical protection and strike Illithia. He drops the glaive and draws his flail while side-stepping, starting to work his way around the strange creature.

Flail: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 .. Miss chance (if needed, 1-20 misses) -> 1d100 ⇒ 57

Mechanics:

Free action: Drop Glaive
Move action: Draw Flail, 5' step.
Standard action: Attack

If attacked, Dracius will try to use his adoration domain power to avoid the attack

Adoration:
Adoration: (6x/day) [DC 13] As an immediate action, you can attempt to thwart a melee or ranged attack that targets you. This ability functions as sanctuary, but only against one individual attack. You must use the ability after the attack is declared but before the roll is made. The creature attacking you receives a Will save to negate this effect. If a creature has more than one attack, this ability only affects one of the attacks. This is a mind-affecting effect.


Umm, good question! The monster entry says 'even if its opponents are capable of seeing clearly in dim light'. I suppose darkvision should be able to bypass it, which means I botched your AOO :( I'm sorry. I will advance the game tomorrow.


Dracius's cunning strike proves fatal for the creature, ending its ties to life - or, at least, to the material plane. With its last effort it attempts to flee, but soon ceases all movement. You watch the body of the creature becoming even more amorphous and semitransparent, until it fully dissolves into the shadows. The torchlight becomes brighter again, and you notice something not glistening in the flame's reflections on the sewer water. It is a stone, lighter than water, matte grey and cold to the touch, clearly something unnatural. It resembles an uncut gemstone in shape, but instead of refracting the light passing through it, it seems to absorb it.
"I've never seen anything like that before." Janiven says, panting, as you inspect the stone. "Come, the exit to the safe house should be close. We have some talented members in the Children of Westcrown; they should be able to tell us what it is."
Soon, you arrive at yet another T-intersection. After you search the walls for a minute, Janiven calls out to you, showing you an engraved arrow pointing upwards. Raising your eyes, you notice it points right at a sewer trapdoor, similar to the ones you've encountered at almost every crossing and some tunnels. They serve for entering the sewers from the streets. Janiven gives out a sigh of relief and lets herself smile a little. "We've made it! Let's hurry up before someone or something stumbles upon us." With that, she climbs up the maintenance ladder leading to the trapdoor, and unbolts it, helping you all out.
You find yourself in a dark and damp alley, with no lights anywhere. The alley is made up of back walls of the houses, with no windows on the first floor and some round windows under the roofs. At the end stands a large, decrepit-looking building, which looks like it was once a temple. The small backdoor is bolted shut.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Dracius leans forward and whispers prayer to Shelyn, Lady, please restore the fullness of the song of your beautiful servant..., and casts a Cure Light Wounds spell on her.

CLW (Spontaneous, from Bless): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Janiven breathes deeply, clearing the sewer air out of her lungs. She comes up to the door, which is boarded up and knocks on it in a distinctly rhythmic fashion. To your surprise, the door actually opens up together with the boards, and a worried man looks out, holding a lantern.
"Janiven, you're finally here! We've been worried dead! Are you alright?"
- "I'm alright, Ermolos, but we almost got caught by the Hellknights - Morosino led them to the tavern as he ran away from them. Morosino lost much blood and needs help quickly. One of the new recruits, Illithia, is wounded, and we've lost two others in the sewers. Maybe you'll let us in already?"
You are led inwards by the apologizing Ermolos, who shows you the bathroom and your rooms (more akin to monastic cells). "We sleep in the other section of the temple, but recently we've run out of place and started using this side for the new recruits. Two others are also here - Ferrucio and Dario. Arael met them at Egorian and convinced them to travel all the way here to help our cause! Feel free to chat, but you'd better rest well. There will be a common gathering on the morrow, and you've got lots of action ahead."
Feel free to roleplay your hats out, or indicate when you want me to advance the time.


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

"Name's Bishop. Glad to meet ya." He says holding out his hand for a handshake to the pair. He turns and looks over to the wounded Illithia. "You gonna be alright, Miss?" He asks her.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Dracius looks to his friends and draws Shelyn's eternal song to him, then allows it to flow through him, it's peaceful waves washing over them and renewing their spirits and flesh.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5

That done, he looks to Janiven and asks in a coy voice, "It would appear, based on our flight and arrival here, that this is far, far more that just a meeting?"


"Yes, in both good and bad way. The good news is that our group is growing to become something more than just a bunch of concerned citizens, and with the recent arrivals it turns into an actual force, able to confront the reign of terror on this city.
The bad news is that we've attracted the attention of authority. The Order of the Rack got our leader, Arael"
, as Janiven speaks this name, the tone of her voice changes slightly, "and without him, everything we've just started building can go down in a matter of days. We have to plan our actions carefully and execute them swiftly."


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Who was that first healing spell directed at? Seems like it would go to Illithia, yes?

Illithia breathes out ash Shelyn's song flows through her. She had been gritting her teeth; the ooze that had been slopped on her had left a nasty burning sensation. "Thank you Dracius."

Will post more soon.


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Janiven! Welcome back.

The man who arrives with a greeting is of middling height but slim build, his brown hair down just past his shoulders tied back loosely with a black ribbon. He wears buckled leather shoes, grey stockings, and blue silk breeches. His shirt and waistcoat are just visible beneath a matching blue silk coat with large cuffs. In one hand he holds a tricorn hat, in the other a small book bound in grey linen.

Anyone who can read Infernal:
The book it titled A Comparative Study of Goetian Rituals.

Despite his animated nature, the man looks sallow and somehow unhealthy, as though he were gravely ill but unwilling to show it.

Placing the book into his hat in his left hand, Ferrucio reaches out to grasp Bishop's proffered hand.

Ferrucio de Angelis at your service, until recently of Egorian. Ferrucio looks at Illithia, concern playing over his features. Miss, you definitely look unwell, is there...

Dracius Ludio wrote:
Dracius looks to his friends and draws Shelyn's eternal song to him, then allows it to flow through him, it's peaceful waves washing over them and renewing their spirits and flesh.

Ferrucio seems mildly disturbed by the experience of being within range of Dracius' channelling, but masters his emotions and does his best not to show it.

My...what was that? I felt for a moment like I could hear music...

Ferrucio shakes off the momentary stupor.

Janiven wrote:
The Order of the Rack got our leader, Arael...and without him, everything we've just started building can go down in a matter of days. We have to plan our actions carefully and execute them swiftly.

Ferrucio's eyes bulge. That's not good. Where is he now? Have they already taken him to the Citadel*? Whatever his situation, there is precious little time to waste--I saw Ermolos carrying Morosino past before, so it seems that we won't enjoy the luxury of the Hellknights' underestimation of our abilities or commitment for very much longer.

Has anyone been able to see to Morosino? Is he even still alive?

Sense Motive DC 26:
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Ferrucio is concerned about far more than just Arael's safety or 'the cause'--he seems to have some personal stake in all this that goes beyond a simple desire to overthrow the government of Westcrown.

*:
Just taking a punt here--all the Hellknights I've ever read about in Golarion are barracked at Citadels outside city limits. I figure the same is likely to be true here.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Sorry, yes, the CLW was for Illithia also, even though the channel was more effective. I sort of thought it was implied with the "your servant", since Dracius himself wasn't injured.

Dracius looks to Janiven, "I would imagine, then, we might consider rescuing him? Especially if we can take him from these understudy Heckknights before they hand him over to the true Hellknights?"


"Poor Morosino... We have the herbs and poultices to ease the pain, and I will assist Fiosa and Vitti in treating the wound, but his hand will never be the same. Perhaps if we can get Arael back... He has powers, you know? Iomedae in her grace grants him gifts we can only dream of." Janiven's eyes become clouded for a moment. Her admiration of Arael is obvious.
"I would imagine the dottari wouldn't let the hellknights to grab him that easily. He's likely to be in the city jail for now; the Order can't have much on him, and they will have to try hard to get him delivered to their Citadel Rivad. I will give word to Yakopulio tonight, and he'll gather as much information as possible about Arael's case. Yakopulio is our agent in the Westcrown underbelly, and he deals with the dottari every night. Once we know more, we can plan the rescue."


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

"So what do we do until then? Just wait?" Bishop says as he starts looking for something to drink. Running through sewers had always made him thirsty.


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

"Greetings Ferrucio, and well met. I am Illithia Daramui." Illithia's glance takes in the book being held by the man in front of her, in a language she does not read. "I am fine, Shelyn has granted Dracius the power to renew the song, and heal wounds. I thank you for your concern though." With the iminent threat dispelled, Illithia loosens the band wrapped around her ponytail, allow her blonde hair to fall free. The coloured braids still frame her face, but with her hair down she seems to lose some of the... fierceness that was present beforehand. "If we are not about to leave, then I am going to remove my armour." Given no objection, Illithia will return to her room to remove her equipment, dressing down to her clothing: a simple white silk haltertop and matching trousers. A little sullied from the sewers, Illithia frowns at them. She goes in search of water by which to clean herself and her clothing.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [1/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 2/8]

"I'm sure no one will object to that, my dear." A sharp thud sounds as a man lands a chair squarely on all four legs. He had previously been leaned back, looking half asleep under a brimmed hat. He stands, and you can see he’s a half-elf shorter than most and with a slim build to match. He’s wearing faded brown breeches with a dark blue, almost black, shirt and a equally faded brown jacket.

He crosses to Janiven and greets her warmly. ”Pleasure to see you again, Janiven. What on earth has Arael gotten himself into this time? He’s been too foolhardy lately.” He sighs deeply. Suddenly he’s aware of the others standing around him. He quickly takes off his hat, exposing a dark head of hair, and shakes Bishop’s hand.

”Oh, my apologies. I’m Professor Dario Westone. I used to teach at Egorian until recently. It seems I’m no longer welcome on University grounds.”

He nods at Janivan. ”If Yakopulio can get us the layout of the jail or the watch positions, we may be able to spirit Arael away before they even know what happened.” Whatever Bishop finds to drink, Dario will motion for him to pour a glass for him too.


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Illithia waits long enough to be polite - when Dario has introduced himself and she has returned the gesture in kind - before hurrying off to her room. She does find water and spends some time cleaning the muck of the sewer of off her clothing, herself and her armour. She applies a small amount of perfume - just enough to give a whiff of something vaguely flowery - before taking her harp from her pack and returning to the common room.

I will give a sufficient amount of time before she returns - also, feel free to interrupt her if the mood strikes you.


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

"Glad to meet ya, teach." Bishop says as he goes through cabinets hoping to find something. He happens upon an old bottle of ceremonial wine. "Eh, better than nothing." He finds some old goblets and carries the goods back to where people are sitting. He puts the goblets down and starts pouring for anyone who wants some. After everyone takes a goblet, Bishop will take the bottle for himself and sits down while taking a drink. "Well if we're gonna be here a while, we might as well make the most of it." He says putting his feet on the table.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Dracius smiles and nods to Illithia, "By all means, my lady... Go, and we shall await the return of your loveliness."

Once she has stepped out of the room, he realizes that he is no cleaner, and quietly excuses himself from the group, returning to his own cell and drawing water some water to clean himself and his equipment, while quietly offering thanks to Shelyn for the survival of the group and taking a moment to think on things as he works.

By the Rose! I went from potentially concerned citizen to fugitive rebel in less than an afternoon! Well, won't my grandparents be pleased -- I'm sure they'd disown me again, if it were possible to do it a second time... Is this your will, Shelyn? Shall I assume that Illitia's presence here means that I am following your song?


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

There was a time when comments like Dracius' would've made her flush with embarrassment , but Illithia had long since become accustomed to men calling her beautiful or lovely, and it no longer caused any sort of stirring in her. It was something she worked hard to maintain though, she kept her hair clean and properly cared for. She went to length others might call vain, but it was part ofbher prayers. Shelyn wanted the world to be beautiful. Easiest to start with yourself.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [1/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 2/8]

Dario picks up a goblet of wine and clinks it against the bottle Bishop holds. He sniffs the wine and nods before taking a deep drink.

"So you all actually crossed swords with the Hellknights? You must have a special kind of luck if you only lost two of you. Those bastards can be vicious, and they really don't have any desire to have an intellectual debate. I'm impressed."


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

Bishop shakes his head. "Not yet, and I bet they're no fun at parties neither. So far its been monsters we've been fightin' in the sewers. I shot at some zombies and tried to brawl with this weird slimy thing." He takes another drink while remembering the details. "Stupid thing went right when I went left."


"Arael is very eager to expand our numbers, and perhaps he let his zeal get the better of him, advertising his plans too openly. We shall see tomorrow, but now you should rest to be in top shape when the situation calls for it."
"As should you, Janiven. You have to eat and sleep too, you know?" You turn to meet the owner of the booming voice in which these words were said, and see a gruff, muscular man with a big plate of food in his hands. "Ermolos asked to bring this to you, there's cheese and bread and fruit and... Oh, I see you've already found the wine."
"Thanks, Rizzardo, but trust me - I can take care of myself." Janiven says in a tone colder than you'd expect. You notice Rizzardo's brow twitching, but he manages to keep a straight face. "Go find Yakopulio and tell him the dottari got Arael. I need a report on the dottari plans and the case they have against him as soon as possible."
Rizzardo puts the food plate down and leaves with a worried look on his face. Janiven produces the dark stone you found in the sewers and gives it to the group to inspect.
"We were attacked by a strange shadowy thing in the sewers not far from the exit. This is the only thing that remained of its body after we defeated it. Would you examine this and let me know its nature?"
Knowledge(planes)

DC13:

This stone originated on the Plane of Shadow.

DC18:

If a planar creature leaves part of its body on the material plane, it means the force which has summoned it is still acting strongly, and doesn't fully let the body go even after death. Such material can be considered proof that the creature didn't come here through a planar rift of its own will, and wasn't summoned as part of a common spell. It can also have curious properties, unlike anything native to the material plane, and can be of considerable academic worth to dedicated researchers.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [1/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 2/8]

Knowledge, planes 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Dario picks up the dark stone, and you see a small shift as his intellectual curiosity piques. He's handles the item with delicate care and the examination consumes his attention, the wine forgotten. When he speaks it's with an authority borne of years of study. "This is left from what you fought in the sewers? Not quite my area of expertise, but I do recognize some things. See how the shadows seem to flicker on the surface no matter how I turn it against the light? And here, if I place it down in the shadow of even this goblet, the shadows darken and you can barely even make it out. This isn't something from our plane. From the Plane of Shadow, I would guess, which would make the creature from the Plane of Shadow too. How it got here is anyone's guess."


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Dracius returns from his cell to the common room, his hair still wet and clinging to his face and neck, carrying his now-shining breastplate. His fine shirt has been washed and wrung dry, the laces at the throat and sleeve are open, giving glimpses of the bright tattoos that twirl up his arms and across his torso. He scans the room until he sees Bishop and Janiven, and heads toward them, nodding to Bishop in greeting.

Janiven's passion and fire seem to have dimmed greatly at the news of her mentor's loss. She seems a dull image of the woman who coaxed me to the bar and into the mad rush through the sewers.

Realizing that his face has taken on a negative expression, Dracius coughs once, then rubs at his throat, saying, "Is there any more of that wine, Bishop?"


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

"Plane of Shadow? That's downright odd." Bishop comments. When Dracius walks back into the room and asks about the wine, the man pours a goblet for him and hands it over. He then resumes drinking straight from the bottle.


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD
Illithia Daramui wrote:
Illithia waits long enough to be polite - when Dario has introduced himself and she has returned the gesture in kind - before hurrying off to her room.

Ferrucio glances after Illthia as she leaves. Even In all that armour, she manages to look graceful. And I wonder what that was on her back?

He shakes himself out of his contemplation to return to the matter at hand.

Bishop Jerro wrote:
"So far its been monsters we've been fightin' in the sewers. I shot at some zombies and tried to brawl with this weird slimy thing."
DM Flykiller wrote:

Janiven produces the dark stone you found in the sewers and gives it to the group to inspect.

"We were attacked by a strange shadowy thing in the sewers not far from the exit. This is the only thing that remained of its body after we defeated it. Would you examine this and let me know its nature?"
Dario Westone wrote:
Dario picks up the dark stone, and you see a small shift as his intellectual curiosity piques. He's handles the item with delicate care and the examination consumes his attention, the wine forgotten. When he speaks it's with an authority borne of years of study. "This is left from what you fought in the sewers? Not quite my area of expertise, but I do recognize some things. See how the shadows seem to flicker on the surface no matter how I turn it against the light? And here, if I place it down in the shadow of even this goblet, the shadows darken and you can barely even make it out. This isn't something from our plane. From the Plane of Shadow, I would guess, which would make the creature from the Plane of Shadow too. How it got here is anyone's guess."

Ferrucio allows Dario to examine the stone first, confident that whatever the man in the hat knows, it won't match his own knowledge. He is surprised when Dario's countenance changes, and as he listens to the archaeologist's explanation, he reassesses his opinion of the man. Dario had seemed the foolhardy type--jump first and worry later about the landing. Ferrucio had assumed that Dario's tenure at the University was based on some deal with the faculty, or perhaps a rich patron in Dario's pocket. But the volume of knowledge implied by Dario's statement, combined with his practised delivery, gives Ferrucio pause.

Consequently, his request to examine the stone next is significantly more polite than it otherwise might have been.

Professor Westone, would you mind if I had a look? Ferrucio nods a thanks as he takes the stone, turning it over in his hands and holding it up to the light.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

You are quite right about the Plane of Shadow, Ferrucio says.

Moreover, this creature--whatever it was--is still tied strongly to the Material. This, he says, holding up the stone as he breaks off from his examination to take everyone in again, is strong evidence that the creature that spawned it came here not through some random planar rift, or even via a normal summons. If I had to hazard a guess, it would be that a powerful arcanist had called this creature here and bound it to service. Perhaps more worrying is the notion that whoever did so may now be wondering where their pet has got to. Material like this is of great value to academic researchers, but I worry that by keeping it here, we may be only one step away from some malign entity uncovering our location through a dweomer focused on this creature's life force.

He hands the stone back to Janiven.

My advice would be to get rid of that thing as quickly as you can.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [1/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 2/8]

"Not summoned? You mean it was Called or Teleported here? That would speak of a considerable power wouldn't it?" The Professor rubs his chin.

"Impressive, Ferrucio. Your teachers would be proud. Did you study under...?" He snaps his fingers quickly trying to remember the name. "Maruch? Ma-- Morreli. That's it. Morelli. I met him at a lecture he gave about planar interactions. Interesting stuff, but totally over my head. He did have a cute assistant with him though. We went out for drinks later that night..." The man trails off, quickly realizing he's off-topic.

"Anyway, if we have someone who bound this Shadow beast, then you can bet they have others too."


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD
Dario Westone wrote:

"Not summoned? You mean it was Called or Teleported here? That would speak of a considerable power wouldn't it?" The Professor rubs his chin.

"Impressive, Ferrucio. Your teachers would be proud. Did you study under...?" He snaps his fingers quickly trying to remember the name. "Maruch? Ma-- Morreli. That's it. Morelli. I met him at a lecture he gave about planar interactions. Interesting stuff, but totally over my head. He did have a cute assistant with him though. We went out for drinks later that night..." The man trails off, quickly realizing he's off-topic.

"Anyway, if we have someone who bound this Shadow beast, then you can bet they have others too."

Indeed; and the other creatures may be more powerful than whatever that was.

He turns to Dario. As for Professor Morelli, yes, I am familiar with him. And his assistant? Word has it she was a bound succubus. He laughs at the memory. The chancellor was scandalised when that got out. Put Morelli on 'indefinite sabbatical', especially when the old coot claimed he'd rather emigrate to Korvosa than deal with the faculty's 'incessant meddling'.

I'd be interested in your...unique perspective, Ferrucio grins.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [1/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 2/8]

"Morelli's on sabbatical? He seemed like a stodgy old bastard. I can't imagine he's taking that well. And as for his assistant...Well, I'm still here, aren't I? And she seemed just as tired as me the next morning." He grins and tilts his hat back on his head.


Resources:
Grit: 3/3, Legal Judgement: 2/2 Martial Versatility:4/4
Male Musket Master 5/Brawler 2/Grand Marshal 5 Init: +12(+14) HP: 100/100 AC: 25/18/18 Fort:+14 Ref: +19 Will:+9 Grit Perception +23(+25)

"I'll drink to that." Bishop says when Dario mentions his escapade with the assistant. He lifts the bottle up and finally finishes it. "So there's other beasties like that one still out there?"


Janiven listens to Dario's explanation with respect for the learned man.
"The plane of shadow? So that's what it is then, isn't it? A shadow beast. One of those which plague our city every night. That makes us one of the few who faced one and lived to tell the tale." She straightens up and lets her hair flow. However, as Ferrucio takes over, her expression changes to one of fear - both at what is revealed and what must one pay to gain all this knowledge.
"There are definitely more of them. Much more, hundreds, perhaps, if not thousands. If you are out in the streets after curfew, you'll face either hellknights or one of these things. The hellknights are actually supposed to "protect" the citizens from them. But with all their devil-worshipping, shouldn't they have someone who would be able to learn what you have just revealed to us? How cruel and ineffective it is to keep persecuting the people instead of going after that summoner or summoners who bind them! We must put an end to this, and we will.
As of the stone, I think I know someone who could buy it off from us. I will pay him a visit tomorrow. Now, please excuse me, but I have yet to tend to Morosino and to other... matters. I wish you all good night."

With that, she bows slightly to you and leaves in the direction where Rizzardo came from.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [1/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 2/8]

"This is what keeps people indoors? Hmm...Ferricio, why would something like that stone be so valued? It is still capable of drawing magical power? By selling it, are we simply turning it back into the hands of someone who will use it to call more of these beasts?" Dario pulls out a leather journal book, slightly larger than his hand. He flips it open and begins scribbling notes and sketching the small stone. Those who can see the book notice several pages already filled with haphazard scrawl.


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Illithia returns from her bathing carrying a harp. She looks at Bishop with a grimace, his dirty boots resting on the table, but she doesn't say anything. Instead she takes a seat opposite Ferrucio - the one recently vacated by Janiven - and begins to lightly pluck the harp: a soft, soothing tone.

While Illithia stays out of the discussion for the most part - she knew very little about planar creatures, she waits for a break in the conversation and raises her voice in song. The song she chose is an old Chelish folk song about a violent despot, except during the chorus, Illithia replaces the name of the band of heroes with "Children of Westcrown".

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

151 to 200 of 951 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Patcher's Council of Thieves (IC Thread) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.