Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Flykiller's Council of Thieves

Game Master flykiller


601 to 650 of 951 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

Bishop grits his teeth at the slight abuse towards Illithia. "If that's the way you feel, we'll be on our way. We can have that rematch later. Maybe when yer in a better mood and not such a b%%+%." He says towards the tiefling. He then looks to Illithia. "Let's go, she ain't worth our time."


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Inside the building across the square, Ferrucio's jaw stiffens.

"Well, they managed to dig themselves out of that hole--and then dig a new one. Bishop just called that tiefling woman a b#!%*," Ferrucio reports. "Not that she didn't deserve it, but still..."


"I'll give you something to remember me by, pretty-face."
Before Bishop can turn away, the woman makes a lightning-fast movement with her hand, aiming for his cheek.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Bishop manages to tilt his head at the last moment, and the sharp-clawed fingers harmlessly flail past his face. With her already reddish face turning almost beetroot-colored from anger, the woman grabs her whip.
"If not for your face, you'd both be dead already. Mention this meeting to anyone and you're dead anyway! Out or I'll give you a lashing! And the next time I see you, I won't hold back! The Bastards have long memory and longer hands, remember that!"
She lashes out at a spot on the ground right beneath Bishop, to add weight to her threats.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [15/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 5/8]

"Oh Piss! He's done it now." Dario looks at Ferrucio and Dracius when he sees the woman take a swing at Bishop. "This we just walk away from this?"


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Dracius grits his teeth and whispers back, "We should wait for their signal. I don't like it, but what can we do?"


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

"Let's just hope they both keep their heads. Now is not the time for a confrontation. She is telling them to leave, though."


Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

Bishop just smiles after the tiefling takes a swipe at him. "You're not the first woman to threaten me and you certainly won't be the last." He mockingly blows her a kiss as the pair walk away.


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

"Well that could've gone better." Illithia says. All they had done was tip their hand. A resigned sigh. At least they were alive. "I am eager to get back to the temple and change out of these." Illithia said, referring to her... clothing. If it could be called that.


Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

"Yep. Though I say we take the scenic route. " Bishop grins.


Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

"Yep. Though I say we take the scenic route. I wanna enjoy the view.. " Bishop grins. "Of the city I mean."


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Bishop's carefree attitude was starting to get to Illithia, so much so that she even smiled despite everything that had occured in the last week. "Well, enjoy the view while you can. I don't think we'll be returning here for a while." Illithia says, just a little flirtatiously, playing along with Bishop's game.


Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

"There's that pretty smile. Ya really should do that more often. Brings out your eyes."


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Ferrucio will stick around for a while and watch the building, to see if he can spot any obvious guards, or changes of shift (if the Bastards are that organised), or anything else that might give them some inside information on the layout of the complex and the best means of entry.

Stealth (to remain hidden): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Perception to spot anything useful: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

At the first sign of danger Ferrucio will flee, using sleep and then summon monster to distract any pursuers if required.


Ferrucio:

You remain and see the woman putting two fingers in her mouth and making a short whistle. Four thugs come out of the shadows in the corners of the square, where they likely have been hiding through the whole ordeal. They have a short hushed conversation, after which the woman heads inside the church, while the goons exit the square in the same direction as the rest of the party. The whole business takes about one minute.
The building you're in is about 100 ft. away from the road the rest of the party took. Exiting before the thugs carries a large risk of being spotted by them. They won't have an immediate reason to attack you on sight, but a human in this area is going to look suspicious no matter what.


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Seeing the Dario and Dracius rejoin her and Bishop some distance from the square, she looks around. "Where's Ferrucio?" she asks, a bit nervous.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Dracius smiles and says, "He's still back there being sneaky, seeing if there's anything else to be learned."


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [15/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 5/8]

Dario nods. "He should join us shortly." The Professor look at Illithia with a smile. "So I take it you did not make best friends back there?"


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Flykiller:
Ferrucio will head out the back of the building, trying as much as possible to keep buildings between himself and the thugs. If he can catch sight of the party, he will use message to warn them they are being followed (220 ft. range), and suggest they split up so the tieflings don't realise that Dracius and Dario are also part of the group.

If he can't catch sight of them, he will try to shadow the thugs.

If he is spotted by the thugs, he will try to dodge them by darting through alleys and around corners, and head back to the wall where they climbed into the quarter.

You can assume Ferrucio is hustling (60 ft. per round).

Ferrucio's plan is to use sleep to knock out as many of the thugs as possible, but only if he isn't spotted first; he doesn't want any of the Bastards knowing he is a mage.

Generic Stealth roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

"Naw, though I'm pretty sure I could have gotten laid.." Bishop laments.

"Either way, they ain't interested in talking, unless its to talk down to Illithia and me. Let's get movin'. I need a drink."


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [15/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 5/8]

"Agreed. Though, let's take the long way around. I'm sure it was obvious we were with you, not being tieflings and all. They may send someone to follow us back. We should take a path through the markets and even do some shopping. That'll give me enough opportunities to check if we're being followed."

As they walk, Dario uses their natural conversation and the ubiquitous urban obstacles to look for anyone following them. He stops and, with Bishop's help, buys a couple bottles of wine and one of whiskey, using these opportunities as well.

Activate Archaeologist's Luck when looking for tails. If allowed, I'll roll Perception several times to simulate multiple attempts to check.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Illithia is a little more talkative on the way back than she has been in the last few days. Even joking a little. It seems she's slowly getting over the death she had caused. She even mentions possibly having some wine when they return to the temple, which is a big shock as she hasn't touched a drop the rest know of since they came to be with the Children.


DM rolls:

4d20 ⇒ (6, 11, 15, 5) = 37
4d20 ⇒ (4, 20, 15, 13) = 52

Ferrucio:

You manage to stalk the thugs for a while and hide behind a corner or street rubble each time any of them looks back. As you draw near enough to keep them in range during the casting time of the Sleep spell (80ft), they suddenly split: two of the thugs dart in the narrow sideway alleys, another one hides behind a pile of rubble and aims a crossbow, and the last one, a half-naked brute, begins to hustle forward.
The view forward is now clear and you can see the silhouettes of your comrades 150ft. in front of you.
Edited the range


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Ferrucio swears under his breath and abandons the incantation that is on the tip of his tongue, electing instead to close the gap before attempting to warn his comrades--albeit somewhat unconventionally.

Actions:

.
Move Action: move 10 ft. closer; no penalty to Stealth checks. Move to gain as much cover from the crossbowman as I can.
Stealth check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11; thank heavens for distance modifiers to Perception check DCs...
Standard Action: I already mentioned Ferrucio was carrying his loaded crossbow under his cloak, so he lifts it and fires off a shot at the crossbowman.
Crossbow roll to hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Well, that went well...
Stealth check to remain hidden from the crossbowman: 1d20 + 7 - 20 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 20 = 4; with -7 to the Crossbowman's Perception check (or +7 to the DC) that might actually make it...


The first time Dario looks back, not long enough after the group rejoins, he doesn't see anything.
However by the time the belltower fades out of sight, Dario hears quick footsteps behind. He turns around to see a big, half-naked tiefling running towards the group, about 60-70 ft. away but closing in very fast. The tiefling is not armed, but from the snarl on his face Dario gets an impression he doesn't consider this a problem.

DM roll:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Ferrucio:

The bolt gets stuck in a wall right in front of a very surprised tiefling. He traces the angle of the bolt right to your location, where a part of your cloak sticking out betrays your cover. With an evil grin, he dashes backwards along the wall, crossbow still in hand.

Map coming a bit later, depending on what you do initially. Roll initiative.


Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

Initiative

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [15/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 5/8]

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Look out, a tiefling is coming straight at us! Dario grabs the whip off his belt.

Ready a Trip attack when he gets within 15 feet
Activate Archaeologist's Luck
Combat Maneuver Roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Ferrucio blanches as the tiefling rushes toward him.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


DM rolls:

4d20 ⇒ (1, 2, 16, 9) = 28

The tiefling thug runs at you at full speed, and Dario's whip, however quick, cannot get a proper grip on his leg and slides off harmlessly. As he draws near you see his quite hideous face expresses hatred and fury, but also determination. He seems to be in control of his emotions.
He lets out a guttural roar and delivers a thundering blow aiming straight at Dario's nose with his bare fist.
Atk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Dmg: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
An ugly crack is heard and splatters of blood fly as Dario is almost knocked off his feet, clutching his broken nose with his free hand.
You're all up and I need Perception checks from everyone except Ferrucio.
Ferrucio:

You are also higher on init than your enemy, so you get to act first. He is right across the road 10ft. from you, with an unloaded crossbow in hand. There is also a hilt of a melee weapon sticking out from under his cloak.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [15/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 5/8]

Archaeologist's Luck still active
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Dario reels back as his face explodes in blood.


Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Bishop is a little taken back by the tiefling running straight towards him. Seeing that he likes to brawl, Bishop will oblige him as he moves towards him and launches his own right hook.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 nonlethal damage


Clarification: results of the perception checks will be used next round, this round just act normally.


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Okay, so these posts didn't show up on my Campaigns tab either. Weird. Sorry I'm late to the party.

Ferrucio casts mage armor. (Which improves his AC to 16.) As his move action, Ferrucio draws Shanwen's mace and readies himself for an attack.

random note:
I think I will re-jig Ferrucio's character sheet over the next week or so. Apologies if it's hard to parse in the meantime.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (+2 if Scavenger racial trait applies...)


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Immediately Illithia's glaive is at the ready, jumping in next to Dario, shoving away the Tiefling that was attacking him. Illithia will then train her polearm on the offender.

Move next to Dario and Bull Rush his attacker. Provokes an AoO.
CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


AOO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
All the thug's strength does not help him against a concerted assault by the group. As Illithia approaches, he tries to hit her, but in doing so he puts his guard down, allowing Bishop's expertly-timed hook to connect neatly with his temple. As he stands there, concussed, he offers little resistance to Illithia's push, making a few staggered steps back. You pushed him back 10 feet - impressive!
Round 2

Dario, Bishop:

You spot a movement behind you. Turning your head, you see two more tieflings trying to sneak up on you from behind, blades drawn. They are hugging the building walls, so they stay close to the edges of the road. They are 20ft. away from you and 10ft. apart. One has a dagger and another has a scimitar.

Ferrucio:

Seeing you brace yourself for melee combat, the tiefling laughs, as if having tricked you, and fires another bolt at point blank range.
Atk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
The projectile almost hits but is deflected by Ferrucio's magical defenses. Unfazed, the enemy sidesteps closer to his original hiding position and makes a motion at you, as if inviting to chase after him.
He is 15 ft. away now

The thug recovers from the blow, and turns his attention to Bishop, obviosly surprised by his boxing skills.
Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Dmg: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Crit!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Crit Dmg: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Bishop suffers a terrifying torrent of blows, which crushes past his defenses, and collapses, unconscious. The skin on his head begins to swell with purple. Bolstered by his success, the thug lets out another roar. "We will meet in Erebus, worm!"


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [15/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 5/8]

Dario spots the two tieflings trying to edge up behind the group and he shouts, "Behind us, two more! They're trying to surround us!" Then he reaches into his belt pouch and whispers a few arcane words. He tosses rose petals into the air and they carry on the wind toward the two approaching tieflings.

Cast Sleep on the two tiefings sneaking up. DC 13 Will save.


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

Bishop was unconscious, maybe dead. She couldn't hesitate any longer. The lives of her friends were on the line. Forgive me, Shelyn. Her eyes glint for a brief second as she calls upon Shelyn's judgement to ensure the enemy in front of her was indeed evil, before lashing out with her glaive. There were more behind them... she needed this to be over quickly.

Glaive (/w Power Attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 = 5 (1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15)


Pistolero 6/Martial Artist 2 Init: +6 Perception: +14 HP: 68/68 AC: 24/24/17 Fort:+12 Ref: +14 Will:+10 Grit 5/5

Bishop coughs up some blood as he starts to die which means at the least he isn't dead yet.

Check to Stablize. DC 15

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

More blood spurts out of his mouth.

-6 now.


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Eh what? You mentioned he had an unloaded crossbow in his hand before...or did he load it as a move action? Still, no matter; any time Ferrucio doesn't get hit is good. : )

Ferrucio, concerned at his situation and seeing the tieflings further down the street making their way toward his companions, feels the panic rising in his gut, but he clamps down on it as best he can, and taps into his magic. He shakes as he blows a handful of sand toward the tiefling's face, but he manages to complete the spell.

Put the crossbow away.
Then cast sleep.
If it doesn't work, take a five foot step if I can gain some sort of cover vs. the crossbow-wielding tiefling.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Dracius steps over Bishop's fallen self and swings his flail at the nearest Tiefling, Don't die on us yet, Bishop...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Seriously, how crummy is our luck with these dice right now? : |

By the way, the Will save DC for resisting Ferrucio's sleep spell is 15.


EDIT: there was another DM'ing fail on my part as I failed to realise Sleep takes a full round to take effect. This changes the game considerably. I will keep the original rolls stored and will re-post them later.


Ferrucio - yes, this was load as move action, fire and 5-ft. step
Illithia and Dracius both lash out at the wounded tiefling with extra effort, each strike lethally powerful, but he deftly avoids their blows and laughs in the face of danger as he steps over Bishop's dead body.
"Your pointy sticks will not help you in hell!"

DM rolls:

3d20 ⇒ (8, 6, 8) = 22should be 1,8,5 if I understand correctly how the dice roller works.
Nope, I don't. So I'll use these rolls the next time I have to roll a d20.

Seeing Ferrucio engaged in spellcasting, his foe loads the crossbow again and releases it at Ferrucio, in hope to foil the spell:
Attack:8+7=15, but the bolt is again deflected by the invisible armor. The crooked smile is gone from the tiefling's face, as he takes another step back.
The two ambushers abandon their attempts at stealth and converge on Dracius. As the one with the scimitar charges into him, his weapon begins emitting a faint orange glow.
Atk:6+4+2+1=13 The strike misses.
The one with the knife is wary of Illithia's long glaive and arrives a split second later after circling around it.
Atk:8+3=11 But the knife is unable to pierce Dracius' thick armor.
Back to rolling as normal
The unarmed thug tries to use the distraction provided by his allies against Dracius, stepping over the Bishop's body.
5-ft. step, no AOO
Atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Dmg: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dracius receives a hard blow into the ear, and the world around him explodes with a sound of a thousand bells, before the pain settles in.
Round 3
At this time, the air becomes stale as the sleep magic takes effect at two places at once. The thugs obviously were not prepared to deal with magic-users, as all of the ambushers collapse onto the ground, snoring.
Illithia and Dracius are up. The unarmed thug is still standing.


HP 18/18 (AC18/To11/FF17) Female Half-Elf Paladin of Shelyn 1.50AD

What was the result of Illithia's Detect Evil? Sorry, I should've been more explicit in my last post.


male human conjurer 1/spy 0ACD

Ferrucio should still have a move action left in Round 3; casting a full round spell after using a move action means it takes effect after a standard action in the following round.

Ferrucio will use that move action to move adjacent to the sleeping tiefling.


Male Half-Orc Cleric of Shelyn 1.75[ABD] (hp 16/16; AC 17/10/17; F: +6; R: +2, W; +8)

Seeing all his foes down, Dracius quickly draws upon his link to his goddess, Shelyn, save this man, that he may find the true beauty of this world..., and stabilizes Bishop.


Male Half-Elf Archaeologist Bard 2 [15/15hp | AC: 18/13/15 | F+2 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs enchant) | Init +5 | low-light vision; Per +7, SM +4] [Luck: 5/8]

Dracius, there's still the unarmed tiefling brute up. And he's right in your face since he hit you last round.


@Illithia - sorry, skimmed over your post. The enemy is indeed evil.
@Ferrucio - sure, that's OK. Full-round spells confuse me somewhat.
@Dracius - I'll give you some time to reconsider as Bishop and the thug are currently in the same square.

601 to 650 of 951 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Patcher's Council of Thieves (IC Thread) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.