Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

PaizoCon 2015

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice

Roll 20 Link

Slayer Totals


5,451 to 5,496 of 5,496 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 4/ Cleric 1 (HP 121 AC 28) (Fort 17 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Nowzai grabs Epik's arm before he can grasp the chalice. "Beware! The deva Nidrama warned us of her false sisters, they who make this place home." Nowzai peers at the 'angels' intently, trying to pierce the illusion.

Reference post... some reachback required.

Listen to the Elder my Brother

striking the chalice with the Hammer
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35


Since Magma is taking hostile action, roll initiative and post proposed actions


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 4/ Cleric 1 (HP 121 AC 28) (Fort 17 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Human R:1/F:6/DSniper:2 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:93/93, F10 / R11 / W6

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

I'll draw my bow when Epik and Magma yell out about the threat. Once the angels speak I'll also make a sense motive check:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

If we can talk sense to Magma before he attacks, I'd also caution him to not provoke anyone: Magma, hold, Epik knows now and won't blindly drink this. Let's investigate this rationally!

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

If any of the angels or the Nerra Varoot make any hostile action I will attack, but I'd much rather work this out without combat.

Sorry I'm heading out of town in 20 minutes, so I can't list out a whole chunk of "if/then". Hopefully based on the initiative and their actions I can make rolls and choose my actions based on what happens!


Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Nowzai grabs Epik's arm before he can grasp the chalice. "Beware! The deva Nidrama warned us of her false sisters, they who make this place home." Nowzai peers at the 'angels' intently, trying to pierce the illusion.

Reference post... some reachback required.

Listen to the Elder my Brother

striking the chalice with the Hammer
1d20+17

Actually, now that I think about it ... weren't you moving to be in position against the neera?


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 9 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +7)

Round 1 / AC 23 (27 Shield Spell) (28 Hasted/Shield) (30 Evil) / HP 92/92 / Init 26

Active Spells - Ablative Barrier 35/50 HP / Long Arms 9 Min / Fly 9 Min

Sama'el:

Spells Prepared

Cantrips -


  • Dancing Lights
  • Detect Magic
  • Read Magic
  • Mage Hand
  • Touch of Fatigue

Level 1- 7 Total

Level 2- 6 Total

Level 3 - 5 Total

Arcane Pool
Sama'el - Arcane Pool Power Points – 12.25/13.25

Arcane Pool Power(s)

  • Retraining - Day 1 - Wand Wielder to Throwing Magus
  • Flamboyant Arcana (Ex)
  • Arcane Deed - Precise Strike (Ex)

Mord'ael

Scimitar +3
Int - 14
Wis - 10
Cha - 10
Ego - 14

Special Abilities
Alertness
Black Blade Strike - 1 AP for +3 Damage for 1 Min
Telepathy
Unbreakable
Teleport Blade
Arcane Pool - 2/3

Wands


  • Shield - 44 - Charges
  • Protection from Evil - 47 Charges
  • Obscuring Mist - 48 Charges
  • Weapon Wand - 48 Charges

Darkness - 1/Day (1 left)
Pearl of Power 1/day (0 left)

I forgot about my pearl of power, I will use that instead of an arcane point to gain Long Arms back if that is ok

Init - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Knowledge Planes Nerra - 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

Knowledge Planes Angels - 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38 (What are they?)

I think we are all still grouped so I will cast haste in Round 1


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 9; AC 21, HP90/102, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +15(+10)/+1(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 16/17 LoH(4d6), 1/2 DB (+2)

Epik is surprised as the chalice is knocked away, but he quickly regains his composure and prepares for battle.

Round 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

He holds his action waiting to see how things develop.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7/ Red Mantis 2

initiative
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Dalamus holds his position (I moved the token to the position)


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 ... FFS, really?


Holy Trinity Round 1

Init: Sam, Magma, Archons, Dalamus, Epik, Nemoris, Jenya, Nowzai

Sam casts haste on the party and squints his eyes to try and see something different than he does.

As Magma lashes out at the chalice, the archon catches his arm and a wave of weakness washes over him. (DC24 Fort Save or take 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 points of strength damage. Also, make a Will Save. ) The chalice clatters to the ground, the sparkling liquid splashing at the bottoms of the archon's robe. Friend, your distrust is unwarranted. Let us prove to you that we are from heaven and then you will have faith.

The 3 archons lift up their voices and sing, one holding a trumpet aloft but not blowing into it.

Celestial:
You recognize the words as Celestial ones but it sounds like gibberish, with no seemingly coherent message

Dalamus, Epik, and Nemoris hold action. Nemoris unable to sense any dissembling.

Dice:

Archon Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Jenya Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

DM Use only:

Archon Touch AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Sam:
Nice rolls!

Neera are an extremely rare outsider of unknown temperament and motive. They reflect emotions and mimic actions of those they 're with so they're internal machinations are impossible to devise. They 're not particularly powerful but can be dangerous in large numbers due to sneak attacks and the bleeding nature of their weapons.

Trumpet archons are messengers of the gods used to communicate with mortals when a celestial divinity wishes an interaction. The most commonly seen powerful angel, they have immense divine power on par with a mortal high priest, strong melee capability with their greatswords (trumpet transformed) and the ability to paralyze with fear through their trumpet blasts.

Normally an active disbelief is a standard action, but this was sort of a weird transition, so I just gave it to you

However, as you squeeze your eyes and disbelieve, the image of the archons begins to waver and behind them, only just, you see three green-skinned old women, about 8 feet talkk with scraggly hair, long noses and horrific yellow teeth. Their legs, however look like they came off of the back side of a grasshopper. The trumpet archon illusion is powerful and remains in your vision as a ghost-like image.

Assuming you alert the others, let them know they all get an automatic Will Save upon your alert

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 9 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +7)

Round 2 / AC 23 (27 Shield Spell) (28 Hasted/Shield) (30 Evil) / HP 92/92 / Init 26

Active Spells - Ablative Barrier 35/50 HP / Fly 9 Min / Long Arms 9 Min / Shield 1 Min

Sama'el:

Spells Prepared

Cantrips -


  • Dancing Lights
  • Detect Magic
  • Read Magic
  • Mage Hand
  • Touch of Fatigue

Level 1- 7 Total

Level 2- 6 Total

Level 3 - 5 Total

Arcane Pool
Sama'el - Arcane Pool Power Points – 12.25/13.25

Arcane Pool Power(s)

  • Retraining - Day 1 - Wand Wielder to Throwing Magus
  • Flamboyant Arcana (Ex)
  • Arcane Deed - Precise Strike (Ex)

Mord'ael

Scimitar +3
Int - 14
Wis - 10
Cha - 10
Ego - 14

Special Abilities
Alertness
Black Blade Strike - 1 AP for +3 Damage for 1 Min
Telepathy
Unbreakable
Teleport Blade
Arcane Pool - 2/3

Wands


  • Shield - 44 - Charges
  • Protection from Evil - 47 Charges
  • Obscuring Mist - 48 Charges
  • Weapon Wand - 48 Charges

Darkness - 1/Day (1 left)
Pearl of Power 1/day (0 left)

"They are not real my friends, they look like green-skinned hags under their illusion! Resist my friends!"

"That's not even Celestial, it's just gibberish"

Per DM you can all make a Will Save to Disbelieve

Most of us are in Nowzai's 10' Pro Evil, should be a +2 to your save

How tall is the area they are on?

I will use my wand of Shield


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Will Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Nowzai frowns at the gibberish speech. "It is a farce!" He begins to cast a summoning spell.

Will be SMV.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7/ Red Mantis 2

"It is true, quickly prepare yourselves!"

Dalamus will cast Greater Invisibility. Then move towards the stairs quietly


Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
Will Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 Nowzai frowns at the gibberish speech. "It is a farce!" He begins to cast a summoning spell. Will be SMV.

DC is 22, sry about that ... if you make it, you see what Sam did in the last paragraph if his spoiler. If you don't, you can't penetrate the illusion. Now, I realize you players know it's an illusion, just do your best to role play how your character (if he fails) would act given these creatures look, sound, feel, and smell, like angels.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 4/ Cleric 1 (HP 121 AC 28) (Fort 17 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

fort save
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 2 = 34

Will save
1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19


Male Half Elf Rogue 7/ Red Mantis 2

Will Save
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

:)


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 9; AC 21, HP90/102, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +15(+10)/+1(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 16/17 LoH(4d6), 1/2 DB (+2)

Will Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Epik curses as he penetrates the hag's illusion, "Back to hell, foul beasts!"

Epik double moves up the stairs.


Male Human R:1/F:6/DSniper:2 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:93/93, F10 / R11 / W6

With them attacking Magma, I'm fairly happy to fire back.

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

I'll move up and fire one arrow (cold iron) at the closest angel to the stairs (unless LoS is problematic then I'll pick another that I can get a clear shot on):

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 28 Crit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 4/ Cleric 1 (HP 121 AC 28) (Fort 17 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

move to engage the closest angel


Holy Trinity Round 1

Init: Sam, Magma, Archons, Dalamus, Epik, Nemoris, Jenya, Nowzai

Sam, it is 15 feet up ... 7.5 feet to the first landing in the NE corner, and then another 7.5 feet rise to the dais

Dalamus disappears and follows Epik to the stairs. Nemoris moves forward and fires an arrow and his jaw almost drops when the angel (to his eyes), deftly ducks under it, not missing a note as it continues to sing its heavenly chorus.

Nowzai begins a summoning spell.

Holy Trinity Round 2

Sam activates his wand of shield as Magma stands looking at the angels he just attacked. (2 posts so I ignored the second one + you're already in range ... so not sure where you want to move to)

The angels/hags finish their singing. A cube of raw arcane force appears around Sam and Jenya and blocks off Nowzai. (Reflex Save DC22 for Sam and Jenya ... if they succeed they can move to the nearest square to them outside of the cube. Nowai is on the far side of the force wall ... the wall or rather cube ... is 10 feet on all sides, leaving about a 2 foot gap at the top)

Jenya Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21; +1 from haste? if so, she makes it!


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 9; AC 21, HP90/102, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +15(+10)/+1(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 16/17 LoH(4d6), 1/2 DB (+2)

Round 2

Effects: Neg Levels x 2, Haste

Epik moves the rest of the way up the stairs and then power attacks.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 - 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 2 - 3 + 1 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 7 + 9 = 24


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 4/ Cleric 1 (HP 121 AC 28) (Fort 17 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

if i am already in range i will attack the nearest angel
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20 damage 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 4) + 15 = 22

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 damage 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6) + 15 = 23

haste attack
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24 damage 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 2) + 15 = 20


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 2

Nowzai:

_____________________

hp 60 of 60
AC 18 (t 14, ff 16)
Status darkvision (9 hours), mage armor (60 min), magic circle vs evil (90 min), resist fire 20 (90 min), stoneskin (90 min/90 hp)

Spells Prepared
5th: summon monster V (x2), telekinesis
4th: black tentacles, secure shelter, stoneskin, summon monster IV (2)
3rd: magic circle vs evil, sound lance (x3), summon monster III, wind wall
2nd: baleful transposition (x3), darkvision, levitate, resist energy (x2)
1st: benign transposition (x2), feather fall, identify, lesser orb of sound (x2), shield
Cantrips: detect magic, light, open/close, sonic snap

Acid Dart 11 uses remaining (11/day)
Dimensional Steps 195 feet remaining (270/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)
Staff of Size Alteration 6 charges remaining

Wand of acid arrow 4 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 27 charges
Wand of unseen servant 49 charges

Crossbow bolts 17
_________________________________

As Nowzai completes his summoning spell, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 hound archons appear beside him. He frowns at the force cube blocking the path. "Move in close and be ready to fight," he says in celestial. "Demonic hags are on the other side." After the archons are ready, Nowzai dimensional steps the group 15 feet forward to the other side of the cube.

Hound archons will each cast aid on themselves. Stats are in my profile. Note each has magic circle and 20 ft aura of menace.

Aid Temp hp 1: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Aid Temp hp 2: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Aid Temp hp 3: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Aid Temp hp 4: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Half Elf Rogue 7/ Red Mantis 2

Dalamus will attempt to flank the Angles from behind. I should end up behind Epik with a normal movement, however with haste it states that our movement is doubled, so that you should put me behind the Angel that I want to attack

Sneak Attack
1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 13
Damage
1d8 + 6 + 2d6 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (3, 4) + (2, 1, 2, 6, 5) = 30


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 9 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +7)

Round 3 / AC 23 (27 Shield Spell) (28 Hasted/Shield) (30 Evil) / HP 92/92 / Init 26

Active Spells - Ablative Barrier 35/50 HP / Long Arms 9 Min / Haste 9 Rounds / Mirror Image (6 Images) 9 Min / Shield 9 rounds

Sama'el:

Spells Prepared

Cantrips -


  • Dancing Lights
  • Detect Magic
  • Read Magic
  • Mage Hand
  • Touch of Fatigue

Level 1- 7 Total

Level 2- 6 Total

Level 3 - 5 Total

Arcane Pool
Sama'el - Arcane Pool Power Points – 10.25/13.25

Arcane Pool Power(s)

  • Retraining - Day 1 - Wand Wielder to Throwing Magus
  • Flamboyant Arcana (Ex)
  • Arcane Deed - Precise Strike (Ex)

Mord'ael

Scimitar +3
Int - 14
Wis - 10
Cha - 10
Ego - 14

Special Abilities
Alertness
Black Blade Strike - 1 AP for +3 Damage for 1 Min
Telepathy
Unbreakable
Teleport Blade
Arcane Pool - 2/3

Wands


  • Shield - 43 - Charges
  • Protection from Evil - 47 Charges
  • Obscuring Mist - 48 Charges
  • Weapon Wand - 48 Charges

Darkness - 1/Day (1 left)
Pearl of Power 1/day (0 left)

Reflex Save - 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 = 25

Sam will recall his Mirror Image and cast it and move up

Mirror Image - 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Could Nowzai have taken Jenya with him as I think she would have been moved right next to him out of the box


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8
Sama'el Val'varen wrote:
Could Nowzai have taken Jenya with him as I think she would have been moved right next to him out of the box

Yes, I'll take her too if she ended up on my side of the cube.


Holy Trinity Round 2

Init: Magma, Hags, Dalamus, Epik, Nemoris, Jenya, Nowzai, Sam

Sam and Jenya leap free of the hags' forcecage. The three hags drop their illusion and stop working in concert, each cackling and casting their own spell.

The first waves her hand towards the east and a wave of confusing energy washes over Epik, Dalamus, Nemoris and Magma. (All make a DC20 Will Save or be confused ... if you fail, roll your percentile before you post, here)

The second points directly at Nemoris commanding him to attack Epik. (Will Save DC21 or be dominated ... i.e. do the exact things I tell you to each round)

The third gazes at Sam, her eye glowing with an evil light, (Fort Save DC22 or be panicked for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds and sickened for 110 minutes)

Now it's your turn! Even if you've posted before, I'll give everyone one post before Round 3 for those who wish to change actions or keep them


Male Half Elf Rogue 7/ Red Mantis 2

Will save
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Percentage
1d100 ⇒ 38

I do have a question about this round. Dalamus is invisible or no (Should have been in round1)? If he is, do they cast an area effect or directed at him?


Confusion is an area effect so it will hit him

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 4/ Cleric 1 (HP 121 AC 28) (Fort 17 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

will

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

how many will saves was i suppose to make

i go before the hags


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 9 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +7)

Fort Save - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

I will change the Mirror Image to using my Wand of Pro Evil in Round 3 and I changed where I moved

I think I should still be ahead of everyone in the initiative correct? I am just not sure why I was moved to the end.

[edit] I just reread what you said about moving my round 3 to the end of round 2, got it. So I will be back to 1st next round correct?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 9; AC 21, HP90/102, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +15(+10)/+1(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 16/17 LoH(4d6), 1/2 DB (+2)

Will Save: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 2 = 14

Percentage: 1d100 ⇒ 44

Epik babbles ...


Holy Trinity Round 2 cont

Init: Sam, Magma, Hags, Dalamus, Epik, Nemoris, Jenya, Nowzai, (Round 3 starts:) Sam, Magma, Hags

Dalamus and Epik fail to move any more and just babble nonsensically.

@Nemoris for saving throw ... hope Initiative makes more sense now


Male Human R:1/F:6/DSniper:2 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:93/93, F10 / R11 / W6

Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Fail, but I think I act normally: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Saved, thank god :)

Round 3:

I'll take a 5 foot west, and full round attack the first hag (all cold iron arrows):

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 2 Crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 67 Crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 42 Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 75 Crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Possible crit (AC 20): 19 + 3d8 + 48 ⇒ 19 + (8, 3, 7) + 48 = 85


Holy Trinity Round 2/3 cont

Init: Sam, Magma, Hags, Dalamus, Epik, Nemoris, Jenya, Nowzai, (Round 3 starts:) Sam, Magma, Hags

Nemoris shakes off the domination, and although he's somewhat confused, he's able to focus and fire at the nearest hag. His first arrow flies true, although his second misses wide. The wily hag notices him lining up for a heart shot and dodges the third, a potentially fatal one. However, Nemoris is able to get the final arrow of his volley to strike her in her shoulder eliciting a hiss of pain.

Nowzai gathers his archons and Jenya and teleports through. (Be sure to subtract the additional 15 feet for Jenya. For everyone else, magic circles vs evil are in yellow. If you are within one of those, you may make another will save at +2. If successful, the confusion effect is suppressed AS LONG AS you stay within one of the yellow circles. If you depart all the circles, the confusion comes back immediately (if the spell still has duration) and you need to roll on the chart for your next action)

Sam moves to the west and casts protection from evil on himself. Magma wails away at the injured hag, but she's too quick for most his blows and the ones that do hit her deflect off her supernaturally hard skin.

The injured hag flashes a look of pure malice at Nemoris and takes a step back from Magma and disappears in a puff of acrid smoke.

The hag nearest Sam gives him the evil eye again and then whispers softly at him, "Lie down, my pretty, and rest ... we'll tend to your hurts later." And then she scowls as the magical suggestion slips off of Sam's protection like oil and water and takes a step away from Epik

(immune to the suggestion but still have to make another Fort Save vs eyebite, DC22 or be panicked for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds and sickened for 110 minutes)

The third hag cackles madly and moves forward into Sam's reach (Gain AoO if you wish it) reaching out with a gnarled hand and yellowed broken fingernails touching him with a weakening force. (Save below)

Round 3/4 actions starting with Dalamus Round3

The Dice:

Touch Attack vs Sam: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 HIT!; Fort Save DC 16 or take 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 Strength Damage.
Hag 1 Will Save Vs Aura of Menace: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20; success!


Male Half Elf Rogue 7/ Red Mantis 2

Will Save
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

That is not a good sign..


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 9; AC 21, HP90/102, Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +15(+10)/+1(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 16/17 LoH(4d6), 1/2 DB (+2)

Round 3

Since Epik is not within any of the protection from evil circles he continues to be affected by the confusion spell.

Percentage: 1d100 ⇒ 95; Attack nearest creature.

It appears that Nemoris is the nearest creature on the map, but I don't see any mention of Nemoris moving up the stairs in the above narration.

If correct, Epik will attack him. Otherwise he attacks the hag.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 2 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 5) + 7 = 16
Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 = 9
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 2) + 7 = 15


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 4/ Cleric 1 (HP 121 AC 28) (Fort 17 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 3 i think
1d100 ⇒ 40

Babble


Male Half Elf Rogue 7/ Red Mantis 2

Confusion
1d100 ⇒ 27

Still babbling


Round 2

Jenya will cast Calm Emotion on the Square to the South of Nemoris, it should give all 4 of you that are confused enough room to move into the pro evil if you choose.

You can't take any aggressive action though but you can move, cast non aggressive spells, etc

This should give everyone an action in round 3

SR Check in case any of the Hags are in range - DC 16 Will Save - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


All the above folks can repost for round 3

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 9 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +10 / Will +7)

Round 4 / AC 23 (27 Shield Spell) (28 Hasted/Shield) (30 Evil) / HP 92/92 / Init 26

Active Spells - Ablative Barrier 35/50 HP / Long Arms 9 Min / Haste 7 Rounds / Protection from Evil 9 rounds / Shield 8 rounds

Sama'el:

Spells Prepared

Cantrips -


  • Dancing Lights
  • Detect Magic
  • Read Magic
  • Mage Hand
  • Touch of Fatigue

Level 1- 7 Total

Level 2- 6 Total

Level 3 - 5 Total

Arcane Pool
Sama'el - Arcane Pool Power Points – 11.25/13.25

Arcane Pool Power(s)

  • Retraining - Day 1 - Wand Wielder to Throwing Magus
  • Flamboyant Arcana (Ex)
  • Arcane Deed - Precise Strike (Ex)

Mord'ael

Scimitar +3
Int - 14
Wis - 10
Cha - 10
Ego - 14

Special Abilities
Alertness
Black Blade Strike - 1 AP for +3 Damage for 1 Min
Telepathy
Unbreakable
Teleport Blade
Arcane Pool - 2/3

Wands


  • Shield - 43 - Charges
  • Protection from Evil - 47 Charges
  • Obscuring Mist - 48 Charges
  • Weapon Wand - 48 Charges

Darkness - 1/Day (1 left)
Pearl of Power 1/day (0 left)

Round 3 Actions

Fort Save against Eye Bite - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Fort Save against Drain - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Spellcraft the Eyebite Spell - 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 - Can I close my eyes to stop it? Drop my Darkness or an Obscuring mist?

AoO

To Hit - 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Damage - 1d8 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 9 = 20

Round 4 Actions

As a swift action Sam will enchant Mord'ael to be Keen and Shocking Burst

5' step back, cast an Intensified Shocking Grasp and attack the Hag

To Hit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage - 1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1d6 + 9d6 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 9 + (1) + (5, 5, 2, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3) = 65
Confirm Crit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Total Damage - 1d8 + 9 + 1d8 + 9d6 + 65 ⇒ (6) + 9 + (4) + (3, 4, 6, 3, 1, 6, 2, 1, 2) + 65 = 112

SR Check - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

To Hit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage - 1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 9 + (5) = 24
Confirm Crit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Total Damage - 1d8 + 9 + 1d8 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 9 + (1) + 24 = 38

To Hit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Damage - 1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 9 + (2) = 21

To Hit - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage - 1d8 + 9 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 9 + (5) = 30


Male Human R:1/F:6/DSniper:2 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:93/93, F10 / R11 / W6

I'll delay my action until Nowazi's turn and yell for him to send an archon to us:

We need protection from evil here Nowazi, please hurry!

Granted he sends one, I'll make my will save:

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23

And I'll take another 5 foot step forward and attack the hag (if Sam does not kill the hag in front of him, I'll attack it first, then the remaining hag, unless the hag that disappeared comes back and is closer to me or more threatening):

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 35 Crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 68 Crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 58 Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Miss:1d100 ⇒ 66 Crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

If that doesn't happen, and/or I don't make the save I'll move to the closest circle of pro evil and fire a single arrow (at +2 to hit) or cast magic weapon on 20 of the cold iron arrows from my quiver (depending on if I can attack or not).


Male Half Elf Rogue 7/ Red Mantis 2

Dalamus will move into the protection circle and defend


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 3

Nowzai:

_____________________

hp 60 of 60
AC 18 (t 14, ff 16)
Status darkvision (9 hours), mage armor (60 min), magic circle vs evil (90 min), resist fire 20 (90 min), [i]stoneskin (90 min/90 hp)

Spells Prepared
5th: summon monster V (x2), telekinesis
4th: black tentacles, secure shelter, stoneskin, summon monster IV (2)
3rd: magic circle vs evil, sound lance (2/3), summon monster III, wind wall
2nd: baleful transposition (x3), darkvision, levitate, resist energy (x2)
1st: benign transposition (x2), feather fall, identify, lesser orb of sound (x2), shield
Cantrips: detect magic, light, open/close, sonic snap

Acid Dart 11 uses remaining (11/day)
Dimensional Steps 180 feet remaining (270/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)
Staff of Size Alteration 6 charges remaining

Wand of acid arrow 4 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 27 charges
Wand of unseen servant 49 charges

Crossbow bolts 17
_________________________________

"Protect my friends, kill the fiends!" Nowzai orders. The hound archons salute and spring into action.

I cannot move the hound's icons... two will double move up the stairs, one halfway up and scent out the invisible hag, and the fourth between Magma and Dalamus, readied attack.

Archon 3 Perception (scent): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Nowzai casts a lance of sonic energy at the closest hag.

Sound Lance (sonic damage): 9d8 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 8, 4, 7, 5, 2, 1) = 42 Fort DC 21 for half.


Sam, you don't know enough about the spell

5,451 to 5,496 of 5,496 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.