Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


351 to 400 of 4,996 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

4 for leaving and confronting and 1 for staying and working on the door, Malcolm ... go with the party or persist?

Acid will take roughly 15 minutes or so to eat through, based on your guess.

There is nothing other than clothing on the headless body.

Epik, do you wish to get close enough to the door to tap on it with your hammer? It'll bring you in range of the cold damage.

Nemoris:
That feeling just came back. As unpleasant as it is, you feel if you concentrate on it for a bit, you may be able to pinpoint the source


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will start the acid process since it will take 15 minutes or so and move on with the party.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Malcolm save the Acid for the Floor, there is no point taking damage right now. rememeber what happen when you tried to steal Tork Keys. When we confront him with the dead owner and Sacrem this will turn ugly. i know you want to find your sister but we need to get ready for Tork.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Malcolm Reigns wrote:

I will start the acid process since it will take 15 minutes or so and move on with the party.

That sounds good, let's move up to the room right above here, let Malcolm pour the acid and then start our search while it works. I'd bet we finish up in 15 minutes, regardless.

Once everything is settled, before we start sneaking around, I'll let the party know that I can feel this other presence, or whatever it is that was causing me to be so uneasy back in the tavern. Not to confuse things further, but that uneasy feeling is back... It's almost like someone is turning it on or off. I think I can figure out where it's coming from while we search...


Nemoris:
you concentrate a bit longer and start to understand that you're feeling the presence of auras of some sort. Of what and why, you don't know. You only know there are several auras and one is particularly strong. A few more moments and you'll be able to determine how many and where they're located.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 63/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)
DM Fflash wrote:

4 for leaving and confronting and 1 for staying and working on the door, Malcolm ... go with the party or persist?

Acid will take roughly 15 minutes or so to eat through, based on your guess.

There is nothing other than clothing on the headless body.

Epik, do you wish to get close enough to the door to tap on it with your hammer? It'll bring you in range of the cold damage.

** spoiler omitted **

No, if we're going to proceed with the acid, he'll wait.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I am just going to pour the acid since I figure it will take 15 minutes. While that is working, we will go find Tork and ask him some important questions.


Visitor in the Kitchen

Having made the collective decision, Malcolm checks his tools, gathers up his caltrops and the party heads upstairs to go place the acid in the aformentioned locale. In the meantime, Nemoris continues to close his eyes in consternation, unconsciously turning and facing up and north, but he follows the group.

The party pops out of the stairs through the shattered door to a different scene than before. Malcolm's line shines out illuminating the lounging form of the half-orc innkeeper, but the moonlight through the windows and the door makes it easy for all to see. Dressed in ranger's leathers that are cut and slit in odd places, he's draped across one of the metal tables. One arm holds a piece of meat to his mouth that he's idly chewing on and one leg hangs off the side of the counter. His other hand is resting on the top of Pad's head, drumming it slowly. The child is petrified, standing there quivering, as Tork in a casual, flippant manner (completely different than earlier) speaks. "Damn ... was hoping you'd bust down that door and save me a week or two of starving her out. Ah well, I've kept the charade up long enough, I suppose it can go a bit longer. Drunks are easy to fool, although the way you humans live in this civilized, structured life is horribly ... dull. Need to get out of here and get back to ..." he trails off, thinking, and then refocuses,"You five, though ... you probably need to go ... too many questions leading to too many half-answers. Anything to say before we add you to the compost heap?"

Either speak or take action

Nemoris:
You determine there are 4 auras, 1 strong and 1 faint (flickering on and off, actually) directly above you. There are 2 moderate auras 15-20 feet above you and about 30 feet south. You still don't know what the aura is, but you have a nails on the chalkboard feeling the entire time.

When you get upstairs, you realize the strong aura is Tork and the flickering aura is Pad. At the end of Tork's statement, you feel an urge to come to him that you easily suppress, but it surprises you with it's ferocity and it's suddenness, almost like he commanded you and your body answered.

Map Here


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

If she is dead and you have caused me another dead end in my hunt for my sister, I swear to you now, the gods will weep when they see what I have done to you.

Intimidate - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Initiative - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

I am assuming I still have my bag of caltrops in my hand, I will throw it into the doorway to my left to cover anyone from trying to come in that way. I will also draw my pistol if I am able.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Tork it is time for you to die for your crimes against the church St Cutberth.

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Critical
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage
1d12 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Critical
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


The half-orc smiles a your actions, but doesn't move. "I'm not ready yet, let's not get too hasty. We can still talk some things through, yes?". As he says this, Pad raises a knife to his own throat and holds it there drawing blood.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Round 1 || Initiative 11 || 35/35 hp || AC 17

I'll let the party know, "Two more to the south!"

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Rapid Shot on Tork:
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 "Come now Tork, no reason for the boy to pay for your sins."

Attack 1 Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 and extra damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Attack 2 Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 and extra damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Calm down guys, Tork is clearly in a giving mood"

"Tork since you are clearly in a position of little threat from us, which is clear by your relaxed manner...You can at least humor us with the real answers we seek. You know all those that we are looking for. How many have you killed so far? Which ones? The best question of all, and one that still perplexes me, why are you involved at all?"

initiative
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Short Bow attack if necessary
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

"You five, though ... you probably need to go ... too many questions leading to too many half-answers. Anything to say before we add you to the compost heap?"

Sorry, Don't talk much but i do stomp on evil beings and since we are headed to compost heap anyway i would rather kill you to avenge Sacrem.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Nemoris wrote:

I'll let the party know, "Two more to the south!"

Initiative: 1d20+2

Rapid Shot on Tork:
Attack: 1d20+6 Damage: 1d8+5
Attack: 1d20+6 Damage: 1d8+5

Diplomacy: 1d20+2 "Come now Tork, no reason for the boy to pay for your sins."

critic threat


If no one other than Dalamus intends to pull up, ill need initiative from everyone. If you intend to stay your action, let me know

And magma is correct. Nemoris, need crit.confirmation roll from ya regardless if you stay or fire.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Sorry, just posted it really fast in between work calls, didn't even notice it was a 20. Edited the post to include crit confirms, I'll do that by default from now on to avoid that. If we need to use the first crit confirm that's fine too, I had originally just put it in up in the post, but it switched up the order and had the crit confirm on the first attack to 20, and then a 2 on my 2nd attack, kinda weird!

I'm also ok with waiting, but will attack if I sense any other auras moving, if Tork makes a hostile movement, or if Pad does anything else to harm himself.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Speak your piece but know if the boy dies, nothing will stop us from killing you, he's the only reason you're still breathing.

Does the dagger qualify as tiny or smaller? The reason I am asking is that I can do a trick shot to try and shoot the dagger out of his hand but it has to be tiny or smaller


Looking for the trick shot and it only mentions unattended objects. Dagger in hand is an attended object and I believe ranged disarm is a separate feat/special ability. Unless I'm missing something? Dagger would qualify as tiny object, for what its worth.

Awaiting Magma and Epik's decisions to talk or fight.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 63/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)
DM Fflash wrote:

Looking for the trick shot and it only mentions unattended objects. Dagger in hand is an attended object and I believe ranged disarm is a separate feat/special ability. Unless I'm missing something? Dagger would qualify as tiny object, for what its worth.

Awaiting Magma and Epik's decisions to talk or fight.

"Let's negotiate Tork. What is it you want from us? Release the child and we'll work out a deal."

Diplomacy roll: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 3 = 23


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

i will follow Epik lead growling.


"It fills me with glee that you have no idea what I'm doing here ... this little trinket has worked so well," The half-orc sits up and reaches toward his face, pulling off the top half seemingly. His have shimmers and changes, the piece he pulled off turning into a small half-mask, which he tosses to the side. The half-orc looks frighteningly different now with multi-colored, tatoos and swirls, all flowing into each other and forming one predominant one on his forehead. His ears, nose, eyebrows, cheeks, lips, chin, shoulders and neck are all pierced with various bits of jewelry, most made of bone.

Knowledge Religion DC:10:
The symbol in his forehead is one of Hextor.

"A lovely young priestess asked me for her help one night as we lay awake in bed after a particularly engaging evening. She had a plan ... a very successful one I might add ... to relieve a certain do-gooder of his valuables. It worked along with my desire to take my domination of the jungles to the disgusting meat that tromped through this inn night after night. We both won." He finishes chewing on his food and reaches over to grab a flask of something to wash it down.

After Epik's statement, the barbaric half-orc shrugs and Pad lowers his knife. "Watch and learn, boy, if you live through this ... it will be your life some day."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

I take that as we are done talking. ready my weapon

you are pretty ugly for half-orc. did they drop you on your head as a baby?


Nemoris:
The other auras to the south are moving north towards your location. If you act, you'll end the concentration, btw.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Anyway to pull my pistol with Sleight of Hand and get a surprise shot off?

Did my caltrops get thrown before we started talking? That was more of a reflex actions and happened before he started to talk.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Tork....What is your real name? If you are interested in ruling the jungle, surely you want to be known. Whom was this Do-Gooder...Did happen to be Annah Taskerhill?" (I know it's not, just trying to stir interest for him to talk more)


I assumed everyone held their action from the discussion since there was risk to Pad ... all actions will be resolved in round by round, so if you choose to do that, we start combat (regardless if everyone fights, it just determine who acts first)

Sleight of Hand: opposed vs his perception to draw and then opposed vs his perception to shoot (2 checks). Shooting will start a surprise round. If you fail, we start combat rounds as per above.

Dalamus wrote:
"Tork ... what is your real name?"

"You Cauldronites use my name and that of my father, and my father's father to scare children to sleep for 100 years. I'm a legend in these jungles thought to be nothing more than a story. I assure you, I'm very real and very much a horror." He smiles and takes another drink.

Sense Motive DC25 or Knowledge Arcana DC15:
You realize that the half-orc isn't drinking down wine or water to cleanse his pallet. He's drinking potions! You get to act (1 standard or 1 move action) now if you wish and call this a surprise round. Roll initiative.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Init 21/HP 41/AC 19

Initiative - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Enough talk you animal, tonight you will join your father and your father's father feeding the worms

Intimidate - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

To arms friends! He is drinking some sort of potion!

To-Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Malcolm, are you intimidating or shooting? Both are standard actions.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
damage:1d12 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
critical:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

AC 22/HP 41

attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
damage:1d12 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
critical:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
damage:1d12 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
critical:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Oh...I did not know that. Shooting then I guess. Do you need new dice rolls or just ignore the Intimidate roll? Because if we bump everything up then I will fail my sense motive check and have no idea what he is doing.


Just ignore it


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Readied Action?:
Hey Tike, when in the whole process did the auras start to move? Is the choice basically that Pad cuts his own throat or I wait to attack?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Ready

This is what I had typed up, but wanted to make sure I was understanding the order correctly:
I attack when the aura's move towards us (per my readied action above) which I believe sets my initiative to one above Tork, right?

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 dndsheets down, can't remember for sure that's my mondifier


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

knowledge religion
1d20 ⇒ 3


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

For Tike:
Would I know the sign of Hexor since it's the same as the flame haired priestess who I have been looking for this past week?


Nemoris:
Since you were waiting for them to move, yes you get to move right before them in the surprise round, not Tork ... it wasn't his actions that triggered your ready. I'll roll their initiative and have you act 1 before them ... it may or may not be before Tork

Malcolm:
No ... you don't have enough of the intricacies of the religion (knowledge: religion) to ID all the various symbols she uses. While you may have seen it, you don't recognize it as a religious thing in its current incarnation


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will draw and fire his shortbow as previously stated. I had the into and attack rolls already posted.


Death at the Lucky Monkey Surprise Round

In an explosion of motion, the world comes alive. Malcolm screams and fires at Tork winging him in the shoulder as he drinks down, Nemoris lets fly a pair of arrows missing twice as the door at the top of the stairs bursts open and a pair of hill baboons enter, howling and hissing led on collars by the two barmaids from earlier.

Tork leaps up on the counter in a rage his body blurred in its movement by some magical protection, "Fools, you could have worked yourselves a life of immortality, instead you're destined to become just another victim of Tongueater!" and with that, his body and that of the 2 barmaids changes shape, twisting and growing. His nose elongates and grows vicious fangs, hair sprouts from all over his body and claws extend from his lengthened arms. His face grows blue and red tissue under his nose and along his cheeks. Half-baboon, half-orc ... he roars and a massive falchion appears in his hands.

Spellcraft DC17:
The blurred effect is the spell blur

Knowledge Arcana DC16:
The creatures are lycanthropes, specifically were-baboons, vulnerable only to silver, and infectious in their bites

Nemoris:
Before you ask, you missed on your crit because of the magical blur ... miss chance 20% inside the dice spoiler. When he changes, you feel something snap inside you and you realize he's calling to your bloodline ... that ancient lycanthrope somewhere in your past. The strength of his call is phenomenal and it unlocks a genetic barrier allowing you to get closer to your past. We can discuss more later. For now, you can detect lycanthropes at will, but take an additional point of damage from silver weapons (for a total of 2 extra)

Dice:

Initiative
Tongueater: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Afflicted 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Baboon 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Pad: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
Epik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Malcolm miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 36
Nemoris miss chance:1d100 ⇒ 62,1d100 ⇒ 6

Init order: Baboons 20, Epik 20, Dalamus 17, Tongueater 16, Malcolm 13, Magma 13, Pad 13, Nemoris 8, Afflicted 7

When attacking Tongueater, please roll a d100 miss chance. Need Round 1 actions from those who haven't submitted them

[ooc]I'll update the map soon, but assume 2 baboons on the stairs above Nemoris and 1 step north of him (he's in the doorway). The other afflicted barmaids are behind the baboons.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 63/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Epik attacks Tongue eater:

Attack1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21; Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5; Crit:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17; Miss:1d100 ⇒ 85
Attack2:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12; Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9; Crit:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14; Miss:1d100 ⇒ 73
Attack3:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19; Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7; Crit:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24; Miss:1d100 ⇒ 40
Attack4:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23; Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5; Crit:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22; Miss:1d100 ⇒ 44


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Knowledge Arcana
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Magma will Change weapons to Silver spear and attack Tongueater

Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
critical
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
misses
1d100 ⇒ 1

Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
critical
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
misses
1d100 ⇒ 40

Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
critical
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
misses
1d100 ⇒ 95

Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
critical
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
misses
1d100 ⇒ 47


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Magma will flank when possible


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Next three attacks i will use my action points

Attack
1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (15) + (4) + 7 = 26
damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
critical
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
misses
1d100 ⇒ 24

Attack
1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (9) + (6) + 7 = 22
damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
critical
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
misses
1d100 ⇒ 3

Attack
1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 7 = 11
damage
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
critical
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
misses
1d100 ⇒ 56


a reminder that knowledge skills can only be used untrained if the DC is 10 or less. Also, please post round by round when possible, at least no more than 2 rounds in advance. I can't keep track of which ones I've used and which ones I haven't so I generally will only take the one off the top and ask you to reroll especially when the round isn't identified.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

k


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

With my attacks, Tongueater will be Dalamus's target.

After firing the shortbow this round, Dalamus will drink his invisibility potion next round, and subsequently try to sneak around and backstab the enemies, starting with Mr.Tongue.

D100 Roll

1d100 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Init 21/HP 41/AC 19

Magma, I am assuming you will call out about the need for silver? If so I will reload with my silver rounds and continue my attack on Tongue of the Fatman

To-Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage Using Grit for Up Close and Deadly - 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4) = 8

1d100 ⇒ 66


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Scratch that attack Tike....Now that I have seen where I am on the map, I will drink the potion of invisibility and try to get behind Tork for a backstab attempt.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

I still think I would have attacked before Tork did anything, if the auras were moving at all, but that's alright. You can move through an allied occupied space if they are willing, correct?

1d100 ⇒ 86
1d100 ⇒ 60

In case there isn't a quick reply or I can't get back online and update:

My goal is to move myself out of melee range and attack Tork again, just a single arrow, unless I can move out of melee range with a 5 foot step (if Dalamus moves I think I can take his spot). If I can't do that without provoking an attack of opportunity then I'll have to re-evaluate.

Round 1 || Initiative 8 || 35/35 hp || AC 17

Single Shot on Tork:
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 38

If there's a 5 foot step then it's Rapid shot (+8 is a +6 up top)
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 92


Nemoris wrote:
I still think I would have attacked before Tork did anything, if the auras were moving at all, but that's alright.

Technically, you'd have had to stop detecting in order to ready an action, but either way, your actions were predicated on the afflicted's movement, not on Tongueater's potion drinking (can't ready based on 2 separate triggers). Malcolm essentially started the fight by firing at him. Mixing combat and non-combat actions gets dicey, especially when we toss in a surprise round. By rights, you should have been able to act in a surprise round with the afflicted which would have been a separate surprise round from the one with Tongueater and Malcolm, but that gets messy ... so, here we are.

Nemoris wrote:
You can move through an allied occupied space if they are willing, correct?

Yes.

Nemoris wrote:
My goal is to move myself out of melee range and attack Tork again, just a single arrow, unless I can move out of melee range with a 5 foot step (if Dalamus moves I think I can take his spot). If I can't do that without provoking an attack of opportunity then I'll have to re-evaluate.

The map is deceiving. Those baboons are above you and don't threaten you yet. They're coming down the stairs and will exit near Tongueater.

Round 1 coming soon ...

351 to 400 of 4,996 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.