Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Screaming Jungle


201 to 250 of 4,675 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Come down from there boy....we would like to speak with you"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

"You all can take the horses if you want ... they don't belong to anyone ..." A soft, slow voice comes down out of the trees above the party, trailing off the end of his sentence like he intended to say more. It's difficult to make out the figure silhouetted against the moon.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Where are the horses?


The boy looks a bit startled by Nemoris' quick reaction, and slips around the back side of the tree. He answers your questions as they're asked:

Magma wrote:
"Young one, do you know who this is? Do you know what happened?"

The boy nods his head, twice.

Magma wrote:
"You can come with us, we will look after you."

"I can't ..." he whispers, again with that note of having more to say.

Dalamus wrote:
"Come down from there boy....we would like to speak with you"

"I'm ... better ... up here. I'll talk a bit, but I must get back soon."

Magma wrote:
"Where are the horses?"

"In the stables ... there are three, but one is lame. You can ride two of them."


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

"What is your name? I'm Nemoris."

I'll un-nock (is that a word?) the arrow and pull some food out of my backpack. "Are you hungry?"

I'll wait for him to reply then ask, "Are you ok, and can you tell us what happened here? We want to help."

I'll try to watch him as I ask the questions and focus on his answers to see if he's being helpful/truthful:

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Sense Motive Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Where are the horses?

As an aside to Magma. Don't worry, I've see the horses, they were in the stables and spooked, but I think I can calm them down...


Nemoris wrote:
"What is your name? I'm Nemoris."

"They call me Pad ..."

Nemoris wrote:
"Are you hungry?"

He shakes his head, scratching at his neck uncomfortably.

Nemoris wrote:
"Are you ok, and can you tell us what happened here? We want to help."

"I can't ... but he can ..." He points to the half-eaten corpse. "Go to the Temple ..." and without another word he leaps from the tree to the next one swinging from vine to vine arm over arm, faster than you can track him almost. He disappears, climbing up into the canopy as he swings away.

Nemoris Sense Motive:
Nice roll. You gather he's telling the truth and that he's afraid of something .... much more than he's afraid of you. You also are certain he knows more but is either unwilling or unable to tell you.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

"I think he's telling the truth, and he definitely knows more than what he said.
What say you friends, should we find this temple, and do we investigate tonight, or in the morning?"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

What direction did pad go?


Back towards the inn.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Let secure the elder in the Barn and check out the lucky monkey i am not sure if they we let us bring the in the road house


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"I am fine with checking out the temple, that may be the only lead that we get while we are here, but we should not be doing that tonight. We have all see what lurks out here."

Dalamus will check around the inn to see if he can locate the boy again


Dalamus Othreleth wrote:

"I am fine with checking out the temple, that may be the only lead that we get while we are here, but we should not be doing that tonight. We have all see what lurks out here."

Dalamus will check around the inn to see if he can locate the boy again

Heading back towards the inn, the party arrives in time to see Pad just finish putting on a pair of shoes and stepping through the backdoor of the inn into what looks like it may be the kitchen.

Lots of stuff on the table: when to rez Nowzai, what to do with the dino-food corpse, when to enter the inn, staying the night, figuring out what Pad meant by Temple ... plus the whole reason you came down this way: Find Sarcem and Triel


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

i have a shovel. i will start digging to buried this dino victim.
how much of the person did the Dino eat?

i will wrap nowzai in his bedroll and mine to make sure no vermin can get at the Corpse then secure the bedroll with rope. i will place the Nowzai belongings into the bag of holding as long as i don't ruin the bag.

after i finish lets head to the Lucky Monkey


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)
DM Fflash wrote:
Dalamus Othreleth wrote:

"I am fine with checking out the temple, that may be the only lead that we get while we are here, but we should not be doing that tonight. We have all see what lurks out here."

Dalamus will check around the inn to see if he can locate the boy again

Heading back towards the inn, the party arrives in time to see Pad just finish putting on a pair of shoes and stepping through the backdoor of the inn into what looks like it may be the kitchen.

Lots of stuff on the table: when to rez Nowzai, what to do with the dino-food corpse, when to enter the inn, staying the night, figuring out what Pad meant by Temple ... plus the whole reason you came down this way: Find Sarcem and Triel

"Let's head back to the Inn and gather what info we can, including the temple. We can bury the body and head out for Cauldron in the morning. Bring Nowzai with us, we can't leave him in this barn."

Epik will clean up Nowzai the best he can. He will lay on hands for anyone injured, including himself.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
Magma Iron Clan wrote:

i have a shovel. i will start digging to buried this dino victim.

how much of the person did the Dino eat?

i will wrap nowzai in his bedroll and mine to make sure no vermin can get at the Corpse then secure the bedroll with rope. i will place the Nowzai belongings into the bag of holding as long as i don't ruin the bag.

after i finish lets head to the Lucky Monkey

Ah, very good idea with the bag of holding. I think doing that then we can be sure his body stays safe until we can bring him back. Let's see what we can find out tonight and decide tomorrow if we journey back to Cauldron or stay an extra day and find out what is happening around here.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

any reason why we can't put Nowzai's corpse in the bag of holding or is that what you are saying?

"I am sorry about the death of your friend, I will assist in any way that I can to bring him back to the world again"

"I am staying to find out more information on Triel and my sister, that is what is most important to me. I won't get into any trouble until you are all able to return but I am not going to miss my chance to catch up to her. Perhaps we can find enough information tonight and then heading back to town will make sense."

You said the old man has been dead for awhile, can I tell how he died? Was he attacked by these creatures or put here to be disposed of?
20 + 6 = 26 - Heal Check (Take 20)

I will head back to the inn after my investigation of the body and ask the waitress if there are any regulars that always keep an eye on what goes on at the inn and likes to gossip.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will go around the back of the inn to the door at the kitchen to see if he has an opportunity to contact Pad. If able, he will try to arrange a meeting.

"Pssst, hey....kid. I don't want to get you in trouble, so I will be quick. Can you meet me in my room later?"

As for the body in the back...I personally do not care. We can leave it just as it is.


The Dead Body

Malcolm Heal Check:
Can't take 20 in this regard, since you can't try again, you either know or don't know unless you gain some knowledge that allows you to look at the failure from a different angle
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
You determine he was killed by a bludgeoning of some sort, probably not the dinosaurs, seeing how they fought. He's been dead for at least a week, if not more.

It will take Magma roughly 1.5 hours to bury the body, less if he gets help.

Stuff the wizard

The bag of holding can hold up to 250lbs and 30 cubic feet. Nowzai and his gear will fit in the bag.

The back door

The door is locked, but you can see through the small window and attempt to whisper when Pad comes by. IT looks like he is helping sweep the floor and run boxes back and forth. There are other people in the kitchen, but you can't see them from your vantage point. I'll update the map in a bit.

Sounds like the consensus is to enter the bar and stay for the night so we'll pick up the Common Room thread as well. Flex time is in effect so if you wish to refer to either of the above events, feel free.


The Common Room

Epik wrote:

"Sir, we seek clerics and acolytes of St Cuthbert. The barmaid says they have been through here recently. Can you tell me anything about what has happened to them or their where abouts? We're not here to cuase trouble for you, just to find our friends."

Epik places five gold pieces on the bar.

The half-orc looks at you and snorts, but takes your money, "Yup, remember them. Came through twice. Stayed upstairs and kept to themselves. Left yesterday morning, paid their bill in full. Why? They do somethin'?" He looks at you suspiciously.

Dalamus also hears about Tork if he wishes to go talk to him after or with Epik.

Nemoris wrote:
For a handle animal check, would I need to move over and be close enough to speak with or otherwise interact with the baboon? If so: Nemoris will watch to see how other patrons interact with the baboon, if he sees anyone approaching it he'll do the same and see if he can examine the cage.

Handle Animal is mainly for domestic animals unless reared from birth. You'd want to use wild empathy in this case to influence it to become more friendly towards you.

The other patrons ignore the baboon and only walk past it on their way to get a drink.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)
DM Fflash wrote:

The Common Room

Epik wrote:

"Sir, we seek clerics and acolytes of St Cuthbert. The barmaid says they have been through here recently. Can you tell me anything about what has happened to them or their where abouts? We're not here to cuase trouble for you, just to find our friends."

Epik places five gold pieces on the bar.

The half-orc looks at you and snorts, but takes your money, "Yup, remember them. Came through twice. Stayed upstairs and kept to themselves. Left yesterday morning, paid their bill in full. Why? They do somethin'?" He looks at you suspiciously.

Dalamus also hears about Tork if he wishes to go talk to him after or with Epik.

Nemoris wrote:
For a handle animal check, would I need to move over and be close enough to speak with or otherwise interact with the baboon? If so: Nemoris will watch to see how other patrons interact with the baboon, if he sees anyone approaching it he'll do the same and see if he can examine the cage.

Handle Animal is mainly for domestic animals unless reared from birth. You'd want to use wild empathy in this case to influence it to become more friendly towards you.

The other patrons ignore the baboon and only walk past it on their way to get a drink.

"They are friends of ours whom have gone missing. We would pay well for information on their location. Did they talk to anyone while they were here? We've heard rumors of monkey attacks in the area. Do you know anything about that?


Common Room

"Friends of yours, eh?" Tork looks up from wiping the bar down, his eyes bright blue and penetrating in that halo of gray hair. "Wish I could help you, but all I remember is they stayed here the night. I can let you stay in that room if you want ... see if you can find anything. But I don't remember them talking to anyone ... I keep fairly busy with the inn."

A drunk at the bar overhears your conversation, "Yeah, you're bussshyy alright. Too bussshy to get a man a deshent drink. Where'd you get thish schwill any how? Washn't like that when Armand ran this playshe ... *hiccup*" The man sways in his barstool, squinting between Tork and Epik. The half-orc stares at him for a moment, and then turns back to Epik. "Here's the key ... it's number 27, upstairs.."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Epik do you know where the closest temple is? We should say some prayers for Nowzai.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Common Room

Epik takes the key.

"We'll check out the room. We noticed several horses in the barn. Whom do they belong to? We may be interested in purchasing them if they're for sale. Also, we are in need of divine assistance for our friend. Where is the nearest temple?

Epik turns to the drunk.

"Your next drink is on me. Would you care to join my friends and I? We could use the company. Bartender, please put his drinks on my tab."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Outside of the Inn

Epik will lay-on-hands for Malcolm and himself. He will use six LOH of his daily allotment (9x).

Malcolm (16 pts damage): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5+ 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8+1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 = 16 pts healing

Epik: (28 pts damage): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8+ 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10+1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 = 27 pts healing

"Does anyone else require healing?"

[Edited to add Cha bonus to each roll]


Common Room

A flash of surprise crosses the half-orc's face and he hesitates before he responds, "Buy the horses? Uh sure. They're not very good horses, but you can have one for 50 gold pieces or the lot for 120 gold." He thinks for a second and then nods to himself, "As for a temple, there's a shrine in the inn, but if you want to find a real temple, you'll have to go to Cauldron or make the long trek to Sasserine."

The drunk looks at your suspiciously until you mention paying for his drinks. "Shure, fren' ... where you at?" He looks around blearily, wobbling severely.


Epik wrote:

Outside of the Inn

Epik will lay-on-hands for Malcolm and himself. He will use his entire daily allotment (x9).

Malcolm (16 pts damage): 1d6+ 1d6+1d6+1d6 +1d6 = 16 pts healing

Epik: (28 pts damage): 1d6+ 1d6+1d6+1d6 = 16 pts healing

"Does anyone else require healing?"

I think we made a house rule a ways back that you could add your Cha bonus to these, BTW


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Common Room

"I'll talk to my friends and let you know on the horses. Yes, we would like to use the shrine. Can you take me there?"

Before leaving, Epik takes the drunk back to the table and introduces him to the group. "Sir, we would love to know what you can tell us about the Inn and the previous owner, Armand. Also, I've heard rumors of monkeys attacking travelers. Do you know anything about that?"

To the others. "Tork tells me there's a shrine in the Inn. I'm going to investigate"


Common Room

"We're about to close the kitchen and clean uup ... I'll have one of the girls show you all in a bit. You're welcome to wander over by yourself as well. It's down the hall take a left at the fork and its the second door on the right."


Common Room

"Ohhhh, Armand ... he washh a good one ... I known 'im for 20 years run di plashe. But he shold it out of the blue to thish horc. Ish ok, jush no more bards and beer tashtes funny."

"Alwaysh monkeys fighting, ushed to be a big schmart one get em riled up ... he wasch called Tongueeater ... ushed to schkare the kidsh with hish name. Havent heard mush reshently."


Nemoris:
As you move about the room and interact with the baboon, you realize that you're on edge. The hairs on the back of your neck are up. It's like you're resonating with something, but you don't know why. It makes you really uncomfortable.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Common Room

Epik walks down to the shrine to have a look.


Epik wrote:

Common Room

Epik walks down to the shrine to have a look.

Chapel to Fharlanghn

Once a comfortable, well-tended and cozy chapel, this chamber looks quite unkempt. The carpet has been pieced back together, and is soiled in places. The altar to the travel god is dirty and has chips in it as well as some unidentifiable stains. The symbol of Fharlanghn, a disc with a wavy line in the middle and an upturned crescent above that is painted as a fresco on the north wall. Several small candles are set up around the room but haven't been used in a little while. A few chairs and cushions are pushed into corners as well. The chapel has seen use however, since there is minimal dust in the room. There is no one in the room currently.

Lucky Monkey Map Updated Here (to include Dalamus's peek through the doors into the kitchen in the north.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Chapel to Fharlanghn

Epik will detect evil in the Chapel. He will then continue down the hall, exploring the rest of the inn. After walking through the first floor, he will walk up to room 27.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

Common Room

"Ohhhh, Armand ... he washh a good one ... I known 'im for 20 years run di plashe. But he shold it out of the blue to thish horc. Ish ok, jush no more bards and beer tashtes funny."

"Alwaysh monkeys fighting, ushed to be a big schmart one get em riled up ... he wasch called Tongueeater ... ushed to schkare the kidsh with hish name. Havent heard mush reshently."

What did Armand look like? do you know where he went after he sold this place?

has the beer always tasted funny? Do they have a new brew master or do they purchase the beer?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Hey Dalamus and Nemoris are friend thinks the beer is Spoiled!


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Outside of the Inn

"Thank you for your healing my friend." Malcolm will tell Epik "Come look at what I discovered about the body. You can clearly see this man was bludgeoned to death about a week ago, these animals were not the cause of death at all. I am not sure if burying him right now makes sense, as a murder victim we may need the body as proof of foul play."

Inside The Inn

I will go to the bar and show Tork 5 gold pieces and ask him, "I am looking for a flame haired woman named Triel, she was seen around these parts recently recruiting some rough looking people for a job. I also understand she was working with a halfling wizard and a half-elf monk. I require any information on any of them. If the information is good, there is more gold to be had."

I will sense motive on any response.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Common Room

I will ask the drunk "How long ago did Armand sell to Tork? Can you describe him to me? Do you know the young boy named Pad? What is his story?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Common Room

I would have gone up to the bar with Epik since I have my own questions to ask. Can I Sense Motive on Tork's response about the horses? Pad made it sound like they didn't belong to anyone anymore and now Tork is trying to sell them.

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Depending on his responses I will go look at the horses for any distinguishing marks on the horses themselves or any gear that is in the stables. I will ask is Namoris will come with as he seems better equipped to handle animals and he is looking a bit stressed here in the common room.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Hey Dalamus and Nemoris are friend thinks the beer is Spoiled!

I'll say this in as low a tone as I can, try not to draw attention to it."It's not just the beer my friends, something else in this inn is not as it seems. I don't know that I've ever felt so... uneasy." I'll pause for a few moments and then ask, "Does anyone else feel that?"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Nemoris wrote:
Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Hey Dalamus and Nemoris are friend thinks the beer is Spoiled!
I'll say this in as low a tone as I can, try not to draw attention to it."It's not just the beer my friends, something else in this inn is not as it seems. I don't know that I've ever felt so... uneasy." I'll pause for a few moments and then ask, "Does anyone else feel that?"

i whisper to Nemoris sorry i did not want you drinking the beer.

Sense motive
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Outside of the Inn

"Good observation Malcolm. Let's secure the body until we can determine who he was and what happened. We should have room in the bag of holding."


Outside of the Inn

Between the fact that part of the man's corpse has been eaten and the slight frame of Nowzai, you're able to stuff both of them in the bag, just barely. No gear will fit, so you throw the books that Nowzai carried into your backpacks.
.

Common Room - Tork

1)Horse discussion

Sense Motive DC 14:
Tork was not expecting anyone to request to buy the horses

2)Triel response

Tork takes your money,"You guys sure want to know some stuff. Throwing this around like it's candy. Never heard of her nor does it sound familiar. Only half-elf monk I know of around here left with your priest a ways back. She used to work here."

Sense Motive DC 22:
He's partially lying

Common Room - Drunk

"Armand, nowsh there wash a gyrate guy. Friendly and alwaysh had night staff for the roomsh, groundskeeper and that schtable boy, Pad ... good kid. Orphan boy from Cauldron ... *hiccup* ... food wash really good top, although Tork'sh may be better ... meat ish fantaschtic, he'sh got a way with spishesh. Dunno when he schold the plashe. I come through every shix monthsh ... Armand wash here lasht time. Gray-haired, pot-bellied, balding. Schmiled a lot under that huge mushtache. Laughed all the time."

Chapel to Fharlanghn

Epik Detect Evil:
There's no evil in the chapel.

You wander down the hall checking doors, the rooms are as follows:

  • 10 Traveler's Entrance: This door leads out to the stables and is barred from the inside. There is a desk here that looks like it's et up for a clerk. It's not being used.
  • 11 Bedroom: There is a small employee room attached here. It's not been used in a little while and smells a bit stale.
  • 13 Storeroom: firewood, bed linens, lamp oil, and other things used to furnish/supply rooms I incorrectly marked this as the Chapel on the previous map. Current map is correct
  • 14 Records Room/Library: cabinets line the walls of this room: additional free standing shelves clutter the central portion of the room. Scrolls, books, and papers line the shelves.
  • 16 Employee Lounge: Chairs, table with cards and empty ale mugs, and a couch along with some decent paintings and tapestries on the walls.
  • 18 Employee Rooms: These look like bunked up rooms for employees based on the aprons and more permanent look to the beds and chests. The western one has the faint smell of a pet in the room.
  • 20 Gardening Supplies: This room contains numerous gardening supplies along with a tiny bunk.

Three of the doors are locked and are marked on the map. Link here.

Anything Epik wants to look at specifically before he goes upstairs?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Chapel to Fharlanghn

Epik will continue up to the room.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Common Room Tork

I will hold onto the coins, I said above I showed him coins, not gave him coins, I wouldn't have paid him until I heard if the information he had was good, and since I feel like he is lying, he won't get paid yet.

"Now, now Tork, I said I would pay if the information was good, I feel as though you are holding something back, if you want to get paid, I expect you to be honest."

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"I also feel like I should tell you the reason I am looking for these people, they have information that will lead me to my sister, I have been looking for her for over five years, I need you to understand how important this is to me, and that I tend to get a little irrational and I do things, unexpected, terrible things and people get hurt, people who I feel like are lying to me tend to get it the worst...do we understand each other?"

Intimidate - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Common Room Drunk

Well friend, who exactly told you Armand sold this place to Tork? It sounds like he loved this place and was happy here. How long ago did you arrive here?"


Common Room - Tork

Intimidate success!
The half-orc's eyes flash with red anger for a moment and you realize at that moment just how tremendously large he really is, but he softens and says"Alright, alright .... look, the horses were just left here one night. They're not mine, but their owners never took them, so I've just sorta claimed them ... I'm allowed, right? As for your red-haired woman and your sister, I really can't help you ... I just can't tell you where they are. Sorry. Why don't you take a room for the night on the house? Best I can do to help you in your hunt."

Sense Motive DC 13:
You sense he's telling the truth but you suspect he's dodging something

Copy the money is still in your hands

Common Room - Drunk

"Huh? I got here lasht night ... meant to leave today, but got to drinking. Tork told me about buying the inn when I ashked."

The Stables
There are no distinguishing marks on the horses.

Nemoris:
One of the horses is indeed lame, looks like he stepped on a nail and it wasn't removed. His hoof is infected and he probably needs to be put down ... or magically healed. The horses themselves are average riding horses (horse, light in SRD)

Lucky Monkey - Upstairs
Epik proceeds up the stairs and into the well-furnished inn portion of the Lucky Monkey. Plants, paintings and rugs go along with the deep, rich stained wood floors and walls. The place smacks of well-tended, slightly opulent, quality inn. This hall T's in 2 places and amonsgt the 15 rooms or so here, you are able to find room 27, along with a guest lounge at the end of the hall and a guest bath. You also find a locked door that says "Private Suites."

Room 27
When you open the door, you're quickly hit with a blast of lemon and vinegar and notice the room is extremely well-cleaned. A nicely made bed with fine cotton sheets and large fluffy pillows rests against the wall. A desk, table with fruit basket (slightly spoiled), chair and locking chest finish out the room. A window overlooks the back of the inn, and you can see the compost heap from where you are.

I'll add a map tonight


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Common Room - Drunk

"Armand, nowsh there wash a gyrate guy. Friendly and alwaysh had night staff for the roomsh, groundskeeper and that schtable boy, Pad ... good kid. Orphan boy from Cauldron ... *hiccup* ... food wash really good top, although Tork'sh may be better ... meat ish fantaschtic, he'sh got a way with spishesh. Dunno when he schold the plashe. I come through every shix monthsh ... Armand wash here lasht time. Gray-haired, pot-bellied, balding. Schmiled a lot under that huge mushtache. Laughed all the time."

The other man in the bag of holding, does he resemble the description of the drunk?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Common Room Tork

Can I tell which part he is dodging? The horses or that he 'just can't tell me where they are'?

Common Room Drunk

DM Fflash wrote:
The man is older, half-eaten, and has been dead for a while. He had while shoulder length hair but was bald on top. He had a handle-bar moustache and is wearing nice bit not expensive work clothes and apron.

Is Epik here?

I will whisper to the group "I believe the body in your bag is indeed the previous owner of this inn, he fits the description and we already know he was murdered. Any thoughts on our next step? I know this isn't what we are here for, but I am not fond of letting the murderer of a man who would take in an orphan boy walk free."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

I Whisper to Malcolm i will follow your lead. do you think Tork is alone in this?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Common Room Drunk

"Thank you again friend for speaking with us today, here, you drink on me tonight." I will give him a gold piece

Once he leaves I will ask the party what the plan should be.

I have already spoken to Tork, he is constantly dodging questions, he is certainly hiding something and it seems to me he is the only one who benefits from Armand's death so I believe even if he didn't kill him, he knows something about it."

He is also massive, even for an orc, I could see him crushing another man's head easily."

My suggestion is to wait will the inn slows down tonight, no point in innocents getting involved and this will give us more time to speak to Pad, he clearly knows more about this, and we can look for other clues, right now all we have is conjecture."

"Namoris, any reason why you are so uneasy? Can you pinpoint the source of your feelings?"

201 to 250 of 4,675 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.