Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


2,001 to 2,050 of 4,900 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Additionally, Nowzai's detect magic/spellcraft take 10 determines the want to be a wand of inflict moderate wounds (35)


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

2000 posts in 9 months! Sadly almost 500 are mine...


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik moves west to assist with the remaining undead.


Switching to flex time

Tarkilar's Cavern

This cavern has seen better days. It was probably once a fairly well-appointed room, complete with carpets, a laboratory, a small altar, and abed, but some recent terrific explosion has scattered the furnishings of the room into piles of twisted rubble along the edges of the cave.

The Coffin

You rush around the corner and see a cave that glitters and glows, the volcanic rock here has formed millions of tiny black and red crystals that catch the light and reflect it back a millionfold. The one thing that doesn't glow is a large slab of dull black stone in the center of the room.

Two dead bodies lie in the middle of the room face first, hundreds of dead worms laying around their heads.

As you approach the slab of stone the 7 wands you have begin to vibrate.

Map

Anywhere else you wish to go?


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Many thanks friends, I thought I had seen my end, err....Not really scene it, but just boom it was over"

Dalamus will drink a potion of CLW

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

What are the rules for adding languages? I am looking to add some, but I wasn't sure if I needed formal dedicated training. Let me know, so i can make a plan


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will hold onto the shoulder of whom ever is closet and use them as a guide


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Dalamus Othreleth wrote:
Dalamus will hold onto the shoulder of whom ever is closet and use them as a guide

I'll help Dalamus. Here, I'll stay with you. Careful while we go over this rubble.

To everyone:
Do we want to use the last bit of healing we have, or should we go rest up someplace? Epik, can you heal any further today?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Seeing Epik and Dalamus stabilized, Nowzai turns to Malcolm. "You mentioned voices?"


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Since we are in flextime I figured we could bounce around a bit

"Yes there was a voice in my head that was urging me to go to the west and save them. It said they were children and that more undead would keep coming unless we saved them. I was more concerned with you all then a random voice that was not able to really answer any questions."Malcolm shurgs his shoulders, "I would like to go follow up on it now though, they said there was a coffin and we could save them."


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Hmmm," Nowzai frowns, thinking. "Magma, was it the same with you?"

*

To Nemoris's question, "There does not seem to be much left that we have not explored. I'd say we heal up and clear out the remaining rooms. I am also intrigued by this 'voice'. If something is creating undead, we should deal with it quickly."


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"my vote would be to get out of here, I would love to see again before I die...I really hope they can do something about this. Thanks Nemoris, I appreciate it!"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

I have no more healing Nemoris. In fact I could use several charges from your wand of healing if you can spare them.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"We still have the demon to consider as well, it might makes sense to rest here and move on to attack the demon. Dalamus, I am sorry I don't have any way to assist with your vision, I can't imagine what you are going through."


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"'Attack the demon'? Why? Unless it guards one of the wands, we should best avoid it." Nowzai frowns at Dalamus, but shakes his head. "We'll have to return to Cauldron to heal Dalamus's vision... perhaps Jenya can help him. That will take some time. Let us finish our business here, recover the remaining wands, and be done with this place."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Well I am not saying we have to attack the demon, but we do have to leave the cavern by moving right by it's home, we should at least be prepared to defend ourselves and I don't think we are in any condition to defend ourselves right now"


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"The winch...?" Nowzai raises an eyebrow. "Besides, we can always hire the Black Claws to aid us."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"I am willing to go, but I also don't see the downside to resting here for now and moving out in the morning. The demon could move up onto the sand at any point to attack. We can't guaranty that it won't come attack us as we move to the winch. I vote to rest tonight and move out after we have healed up a bit."

"As for the Black Claws, that demon killed most of his people yesterday, I am not sure he has enough people left to do much good or if he would even be willing to risk them" Malcolm shrugs again "We could ask them I suppose, where did we lock them up again? I have some questions for the captain about my sister anyway"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"Again, we are not going to hire evil creatures to join us."

"We are close to recovering the remaining wands. Let's drain the lake and take the sixth wand, and then retrieve the last wand from the Gnoll's lair. I would prefer to just finish this now without spending the night here."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Well I can't speak for the whole group on the hiring of evil creatures, and honestly, neither can you, you can have an opinion but the day will never come when you are going to tell me what I am and what I am not allowed to do, I suggest you keep that in mind."

"We already have the one from the lake, Nemoris's bag contraption was successful is recovering it, they last one is in this stone box"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"And the day will never come where I willingly aid the forces of evil. As a a soldier of Iomedae, I have devoted my life to eradicating evil from the world. You either choose to fight for Good, or I will leave this party. I suggest you keep that in mind."


Another area added by Malcolm's request:

The Black Claws

You return to the barracks where you had them on lock down (or the prison, I don't remember which, doesn't matter).

You find the door to the room blown off its hinges and the surround stone scorched and melted. There are no signs of the kobolds.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Black Claws

"What a waste." Nowzai sighs and pinches his nose. "There's a wide chasm between 'aiding evil' and 'hiring mercenaries'. I'm sure the forces of the Inheritor have hired such men in the past to fuel the Crusade. Don't be so naive as to think they were all scrupulous."

"Irregardless, Epik and I are in agreement. Let us heal what we can, gather the wands, and get out of here."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Malcolm let's take care of the those two undead creatures and free the child. i think the water of control water is in the coffin.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"We will go together. No more splitting up." Nowzai gestures to Magma to lead the group.

At the Coffin

"What is going on here?"

Perception Take 20 = 21


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

"We will go together. No more splitting up." Nowzai gestures to Magma to lead the group.

At the Coffin

"What is going on here?"

Perception Take 20 = 21

As you Wish Elder


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will detect evil on the coffin.


The Coffin

The coffin doesn't radiate any evil.

Nowzai squints at the coffin and notices a faint line where the lid may separate from the bottom. It looks like there might be some sort of thin oil on the lid.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai turns to Magma and Malcolm. "Specifically now, what did this voice tell you. I see some kind of oil on the lid, any idea what it is?"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Trying to mind Speak to the voice in the coffin. Do you know what is on the surface of the coffin? do you know what these creature are guarding the coffin are? Who put you in the coffin? Do you have a wand?


There is no.response.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Okay every lets kill the these two undead creatures. and see what is in the coffin


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Epik wrote:

"Again, we are not going to hire evil creatures to join us."

"We are close to recovering the remaining wands. Let's drain the lake and take the sixth wand, and then retrieve the last wand from the Gnoll's lair. I would prefer to just finish this now without spending the night here."

I was able to recover the sixth wand already.

I also have three (or four if Dalamus didn't use one) potions of cure moderate wounds. I think it's best to save the wand for combat and life saving, rather than healing up when there are other options. If no one else feels that way, I'm alright to spend the charges, but it seems like a waste.

Highly doubt it will help, but I'll detect lycanthropy around the coffin as well


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai will walk up to the coffin and try to identify the oily sheen. If it appears innocuous, he'll try to open the lid.

EDIT: Oh, and detect magic first. =)


Knowledge Nature 25 or Craft Alchemy 20:
The oily sheen is a contact poison of some sort, your guess is nitharit.

Magic radiates from inside the chest. Transmutation, strong.

EDIT: and no lycanthropes ...


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Tike, I don't have access to Malcolm where I am, can you tell me what me Craft Alchemy skill is? Sorry I need to figure out a way to have skills saved on my work laptop.

Or can I just take 20?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Found it

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Careful, that oily sheen is a poison"

What does the poison do? Will wearing a glove protect me from it?


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"I can stabilize anyone by mere touch, I just need to be close to them to do so. Do not forget to look for traps on that coffin! I can try my best without my eyes, but I will need the eyes of another to asnwer the questions that I will need."

"I feel so helpless and alone, I want more than anything to be able to see again, but I am not in a position to say what is our best course of action is"

Tike, is it -4 for a disable device check without vision? Do I also have a 50% chance to miss if I do potentially succeed?


Just -4 in all honesty, but you'll have to do it by feel.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"You're not alone, Dalamus. Worry not, we will not leave you behind."


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Thanks Nowzai. Since I have been trapped in this darkness, I have heard languages that intrigue me, and you seem to be able to understand them. Would you mind, teaching some of these to me, once we have left this awful place? I am fascinated with different languages."


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

"Careful, that oily sheen is a poison"

What does the poison do? Will wearing a glove protect me from it?

From the PRD:"Contact poisons are contracted the moment someone touches the poison with his bare skin. Such poisons can be used as injury poisons. Contact poisons usually have an onset time of 1 minute and a frequency of 1 minute."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Does anyone have a glove or Nowzai do you have a magical way to open this? That is a contact poison that will make anyone who touches it quite sick. If we have any way to avoid touching it with bare skin we can avoid it."

or anyone immune to poison


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

I am immune to poison

I will open the coffin


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

"I was going to suggest diluting it with neutralizing agent, even water or lamp oil. But if Magma can do it safely, that would be fine also."


The Coffin

Placing his hands on the coffin, Magma feels the oil tingle with his skin, but otherwise doesn't have a problem. With a heave, he pushes the stone top off and it clatters to the floor.

The "coffin" turns out to be a monstrous chest, filled with coins galore. Lying on top is the final wand of control water. (Contains 15,500cp, 8,000sp, 4,500gp, and 200pp)

Anything else?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai blinks at the sight of so many coins. "Uh..." he makes a rare verbal pause before shaking his head. "Confirm we have the wand from the water, already?"

I completely missed if/when we retrieved that.


It was in a spoiler and I believe no one explained it to you all.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Do we rest here or try and get across cablecar in our bang up condition and hope the lake monster does not come out of the water?


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Nowzai blinks at the sight of so many coins. "Uh..." he makes a rare verbal pause before shaking his head. "Confirm we have the wand from the water, already?"

I completely missed if/when we retrieved that.

Yeah, it wasn't too difficult to fish it out of the pool. I think that we've got them all now, correct?

Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Do we rest here or try and get across cablecar in our bang up condition and hope the lake monster does not come out of the water?

I vote for resting up, I'd rather conserve our resources, and I'll take watch as well. If we want to make a break for it that's fine too, but need to be sure we don't get pulled into any combat with Epik, Magma, and Dalamus all so injured

2,001 to 2,050 of 4,900 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.