Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 4: The Zenith Trajectory
Bhal Hamatugn


1,951 to 2,000 of 4,151 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Not sure if you can roll a knowledge without training 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 let me know if I can

"Ok my bullets seem to do nothing to him, any suggestions?"


for difficulty 10 or less only


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Anything I can do to see why my shot veered to the right? Can I see a windwall like Nowzai cast before or anything?


Nothing obvious, but it definitely wasn't natural or a poor shot on your part


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

Round 11 (Init 18)

Nowzai:

hp 31 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status -1 Str

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, guided shot, shield
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide
3rd:

Acid Dart 6 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 0 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 38 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Fire 1 AoO vs Tarkilar: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 {miss}
Fire 2 AoO vs Tarkilar: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23; Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 plus DC 12 Ref save or burn

***

The fire elementals continue to attack the zombies, while the air elemental moves to assist.

Zombie burning damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fire 1 vs Zombie: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20; Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 plus burn
Fire 2 vs Zombie: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17; Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 plus burn

Neglected earth mastery previously... +1 to hit and damage if both it and foe are touching the ground.

Air vs Zombie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21; Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Nowzai moves away from the melee, calling out what he knows of the undead gnoll. "It's a huecuva, an evil cleric cursed with vile undeath, likely ridden with disease. Silver weapons may have efficacy against it." He turns his wand against the gnoll, firing a glob of acid towards it.

Move 25 south and west.
Wand of acid arrow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 ranged touch; Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 acid
SR (if required): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

So are we all on top of the rock pile or at the base on the other side?

I will reload my pistol with silver rounds and move over to Dalamus and put my hand on his shoulder

"Dalamus, it's Malcolm, I am going to put my hand on your shoulder so you know we are here with you, I am also going to fire my pistol, it's going to be loud, have care but I am with you"

I will put my hand on his shoulder


On top of the Rock pile ... the gnoll is below you about 10 feet


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Nowzai, do you see any reason why my shot veered off? Does he have some sort of magic protection?"


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2

Round 10 || Initiative 7 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Careful everyone! The gnoll is a huecuva, a cursed priest that's risen again. He may be diseased, have divine abilities, and we need to attack with silver or good aligned weapons...

I'll take a 5 foot step away from the gnoll (is that possible on the pile?) and then attack the zombies, hopefully killing at least one. If I can't attack at range without taking an AoO from the gnoll, then I'll take a move action to get out of his range and fire one arrow at a zombie with a +2 to hit.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


No 5' steps on the pile. Nemoris, this will be your round 9.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7
Malcolm Reigns wrote:

"Nowzai, do you see any reason why my shot veered off? Does he have some sort of magic protection?"

Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
"Silver weapons may have efficacy against it."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
Malcolm Reigns wrote:

"Nowzai, do you see any reason why my shot veered off? Does he have some sort of magic protection?"

Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
"Silver weapons may have efficacy against it."

"My other shot hit, my second shot actually veered off from striking him, I was wondering if he had some sort of defense like you did before with your wall of wind."


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

"I don't know, I didn't see what it cast, if anything."


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2
DM Fflash wrote:
No 5' steps on the pile. Nemoris, this will be your round 9.

I think I fired into the darkness in round 9, and he moved closer in round 10, but maybe not. Anyplace I can move, like 5-10 feet west, and then another 10-5 feet south, or more and still make a single ranged attack vs. a zombie (but without being in AoO range from the gnoll)?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Ahh, I thought you could judge base on results...I can see why now that might be impossible...sorry" Malcolm looks a little sheepish

Two shots with silver ammo at the Gnoll

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 64

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 90


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Nowzai, is there anything you can do so that I can see again? If I can see, I can help you guys! Thanks Malcolm, it feels very lonely where I am right now..."


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

"Regretfully, there's nothing I can do to help you, Dalamus," Nowzai replies. "Likely you need the ministrations of a divine healer."


Nemoris, you are correct. I confused myself. Without withdrawing or tumbling, there's no way to avoid an AoO.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 9 Will 10)

Round 11

DM:
What are those dead bodies in the Corner?
What are the Bodies with the worms Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Sorry Children i will return with the Elder i do not know have to properly kill a Vampire
I will run back to the others


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 11 - AC 21 / HP 31 / Init 17

Forgot that info above for my 2 shots at the Gnoll.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 9 Will 10)
Magma Iron Clan wrote:

Round 11

** spoiler omitted **

DM:
when running back i am going to avoid the rock pile

Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus with a clear look of disappointment "I was afraid of that. Is everyone ok? let me know if there is anything that I can do."


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2
DM Fflash wrote:
Nemoris, you are correct. I confused myself. Without withdrawing or tumbling, there's no way to avoid an AoO.

I'll have to go with the withdraw, and not take the shot for round 10. I should still be able to move west 5-10 feet, and then south until I'm still close enough to see the enemies but not be threatened, correct?


Correct ... and with that ...

End of Round 10

Nemoris withdraws from the range of the creature.

Round 11

Init order: Nowzai, Air and Fire ellies, Malcolm, Dalamus, The Horde, Tarkilar, Magma, Nemoris, Epik

Nowzai's army of elementals bring down one zombie in a burning mass of flesh and begin to pummel the other. The wizard himself shoots a searing arrow of acid that strikes the gnoll firmly and sizzles.

Malcolm reloads silver bullets and fires away, the gnoll flinches in pain as the bullets strike, black smoke sizzling from the wounds, but the wounds still heal up behind the bullets, leaving much smaller wounds than the intial entry.

Dalamus senses the gnoll nearing him You can attack if you wish

The remaining zombie continues to relentlessy attack it's nearest enemy, oblivious to the fact it's the last one. It misses widely.

Tarkilar spins his spiked chain gaining a purple and green nimbus around it and lashes out with it hitting Dalamus hard and sucking a portion of his life out of him.

Magma:
The bodies start to move and the worms start to move towards them.

As you turn to leave, the voice shouts Nooooo! You've awoken them but haven't freed us. Our souls will be destroyed. Just open the coffin and we'll be freed to complete our journey to the other side. We aren't vampires, just trapped souls!"

Epik will need to make a stabilization check every round or lose 1 hp

Nemoris Round 11, everyone else Round 12 ACTIONS, map to come later tonight

The Dice:

Zombie vs Fire1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Tarkilar vs Dalamus 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33; HIT!; Crit confirm,1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15; fail; Damage:2d4 + 11 + 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 + (4, 2, 4, 4) = 32


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Nowzai, silver doesn't seem to do much, any other thoughts?"


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

"Tie it up and kill it with fire!" Nowzai shouts, frustrated. "Where in Hell is Magma?!"


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"There was a voice in my head that was telling me it was a child and that it was trapped in the room west of the giant skeleton, and we could destroy all the undead if we freed them, I ignored it to come here but then it started talking to Magma, he may have listen. I am not sure"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 20, HP 80/80, Fort +13, Ref +8, Will +11, Init +1, Greatsword +13/+8(2d6+5/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/2 1st, 2/2 2nd; 3/3 smite evils; 14/14 LoH

Round 10 HP -6

Stabilization check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 9 Will 10)

DM:
Sorry i will return with the Elder. i am return to the Party


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Did the gnoll move up on top of the rocks or was he able to reach us from the ground?


The gnoll didn't climb the pile, he swung at Dalamus from the floor of the cavern

Map here (note new link)


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 12 - AC 21 / HP 31 / Init 18

If I can take a 5' to move away from the gnolls reach I will, either way I will fire two more shots with the silver rounds

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Confirm Crit Touch AC - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage - 4d8 + 44 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 7, 7) + 44 + (2, 5) = 74
Spending 1 Grit on Up Close and Deadly for 2d6 Damage.

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2

Round 11 || Initiative 7 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

Good weapons are the only other type that I know of that will hurt a huecuva!

Can I roll a perception check or something similar to see if there are any environmental items present that would hurt the gnoll (pit of lava, spikes on the wall, etc.)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

I'll also make two attacks at the huecuva:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Edit: Darn it, guessing 13 doesn't hit? Just in case:

Full Crit Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1d8 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (2) + 7 + 10 = 29


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Is there still a need to roll a miss chance?


Anyone shooting needs to roll a miss chance ... which I should have done for Nowzai's acid arrow ... 1d100 ⇒ 38


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

Round 11 (Init 18)

Nowzai:

hp 31 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status -1 Str

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, guided shot, shield
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide
3rd:

Acid Dart 6 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 0 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 9 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 38 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Continuing acid damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Nowzai gives Malcolm a sidelong glance but only shakes his head, making no response. He activates the pearl to recall another spell before letting it fly at the gnoll.

Activate pearl of power, recall and cast lesser orb of sound.

LOoS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 ranged touch; Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) = 10 sonic
Miss Chance(?): 1d100 ⇒ 65


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Miss Chance 1st Shot - 1d100 ⇒ 42

Miss Chance 2nd Shot - 1d100 ⇒ 15


End of Round 11

As the ichor-dripping necromancer begins to clamber up the rock pile, NEmoris plunks an arrow into it. The creature rips it out and casually tosses it aside as it continues climbing.

Round 12

Nowzai's acid continues to burn the dead creature opening a wide hole in it's torso. The wizard calls upon his magical recollection and fires another pulsing orb that passes straight into that hole, cacophonous noise following it. It disappears for a moment and the gnoll straightens, grunts and then with a dull "BWONG" the orb explodes sending bits of yellow ichor and dead gnoll flesh flinging in every direction. The zombie behind collapses to the ground.

END COMBAT!

Everyone gains 1230xp. The gnoll carries a +1 spiked chain, +1 chainmail, a wand (not the control water ones), a garnet studded golden holy symbol of Urgathoa

Magma comes jogging in from the west.

Any last minute actions or time-sensitive things you wish to do before I move on?


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

I thought I had posted from the attack, but it is not here

Dalamus drops like a rock. -6 HP

what a s~@@ty way to go!


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will get a CLW and use it on Dalamus. Go ahead and roll your own healing d8+1

"Magma, did you find the child to the west? Where you able to save them?"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 9 Will 10)

Not yet there are two more undead creatures in the room. let go back and kill them.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Sounds good"

Moving to the west as fast as possible, reloading the 2 spent silver rounds with new silver rounds.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

Move to aid Epik, using a CLW potion to stabilize/revive.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 9 Will 10)

Round 12

Attack the creature that Malcolm Shoots first if it is still standing.
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 damage 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3, 6) + 12 = 25
critical1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 critical damage 6d6 + 24 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 4) + 24 = 49


So Magma and Malcolm headed west, Nowzai and Nemoris left with your downed colleagues?

Clw Dalamus: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, although I thought you were out of potions earlier, which was why you used Magmas on him.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

no I used magma's cause it was a CMW and he needed the big heal. I still have 2 CLW after giving Dalamus one


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

no I used magma's cause it was a CMW and he needed the big heal. I still have 2 CLW after giving Dalamus one

Copy


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2

Good fight friends! We certainly vanquished a source of evil. Dalamus, Epik, how do you fare?

If the CLW doesn't do it, I can have them save it, and use CMW potions that I have. After that fight, however, it might not be bad for us to rest up.

If both Epik and Dalamus are back upright, I'll run to the west and try to set myself up for an attack in round 12 or 13 for sure.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Who has the healing wand? Might be a good time for a few charges


Nemoris has it

Dalamus is at 0 ... can move, but any other action besides healing himself will cause him to bleed again.

Epik is at 2

BOOM 2,000 posts!

1,951 to 2,000 of 4,151 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.