Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,901 to 1,950 of 5,026 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus reaches towards Nemoris (as Dalamus speaks he has clear concern, bordering panic on his face)"Who is there? What is going on, I can't see anything? What attacked me? Tell me what I should do!"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 79/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Fort save:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Round 7 HP 19 AC 22

Epik will attack the zombie in front of him.

Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If he has LOS to the gnoll before or after his attack he will smite evil as a swift action, improving his AC vs the gnoll to 26.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 7
If i am awake i will drink a potion of CMW and a potion of Aid
CMW
2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11

Aid
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

i still have one potion of Aid and i am now out of Healing Potions


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 7 I will feed Magma a potion on CLW. I will then move as fast as I can to the rubble pile to assist my friends.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Magma, you can act if Malcolm gives you a potion that heals you enough (BTW, don't forget to subtract 1 per die of healing ... I'm assuming you're doing that). If so, you can act in round 7 but you're prone. You can only drink one potion per standard action

Epik, the only ways you'll have LOS are if you hold your action until the gnoll acts in Round 8 or if you move to within 5 feet of it (which you can do after you dropped the zombie in Round 6).

EDIT again: If Magma is at -9, he is conscious and disabled. Can take 1 move or standard action. If the standard action isn't to heal, he takes 1 point of damage. Move actions don't cause damage.


change to previous post ... since Magma loses 1 point per die for healing, he's actually at -1 and still unconscious. Sorry for the flip-floppity


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Why does he lose 1 per round, he stabilized


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Ahh nm reading from my phone, I understand what you are saying

Can I find his cmw potion and feed it to him? he can roll it, to hard on my phone to do the HTML coding


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8
DM Fflash wrote:

Bone Caverns Round 6

Nemoris Round 6 actions plus everyone's Round 7

Round 6 || Initiative 7 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

Dalamus! It's Nemoris... Are you alright?
I'll reach out to Dalamus and steady him.

Not sure if that will prevent me from taking a full action or not. If I can see Tarkilar I will attack him, if not then the remaining zombie I can see:

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Crit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Round 7 || Initiative 7 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

It'll be ok Dalamus, you were attacked by zombies. Are you badly hurt?

Epik is being attacked by something else in the fog. I think we've killed most of the zombies however. I'm not sure how you can help...

If I can attack Tarkilar I’ll fire two arrows:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Tarkilar is not.visible.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

my only question is why is Malcolm potion only +1 the minimum level for creating a potion is Level 3?

i will minus the 2 hp when i give you my next total

do we have an updated map?


Go to the earlier link ... Map should be updated.

Potions are done at the min level to cast the spell.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 79/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Yes, Epik takes a five foot step forward after dropping the zombie.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Nemoris! I am blind! I can't see anything...I am hurt, but ok. Where is Nowzai, maybe he can help me??"


Nemoris fires at the zombie he can see dropping it.

Bone Caverns Round 7

Init order: Nowzai, Magma, Dalamus, The Horde, Tarkilar, Malcolm, Nemoris, Epik

Nowzai and his elementals move around the corner up to the rubble (Climb Checks please), while Malcolm pours a healing potion down Magma's throat and then roots around in the stonechilde's pockets for another one.

Dalamus freaks out a bit on top of the rubble and Nemoris steadies him while taking aim at the mists. More zombies pour out at Epik, who lashes at one that passes by him as he steps into the mix. An exchange of blows and the armored warrior stands again, rotting flesh on the end of his sword. The horrifying vision of the rotten gnoll overlayed with the image of what he likely looked like in life comes into view in the mist. The creature swirls his spiked chain, yellow drool flying everywhere but doesn't move back Does Epik wish to change his target with smite evil on the gnoll or attack one of the 2 zombies still?

Nemoris fires one more arrow, laying another unnatural dead thing to rest.

Magma:
As you begin to come around, you hear a voice ... come to us ... help us ... the children need you. You can't act until brough above zero, just adding for flavor now

The Dice:

Zombie0 vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; miss
Zombie3 vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11; miss
Zombie6 vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16; miss
Epik vs Zombie6 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12; HIT! Damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Tarkliar vs Epik 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20; miss


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

DM

:
i take it this all happening in my head? i Answer, Not speaking Loud. Where are you? How do I get to You? Where are the Children? Who are you?

I ask the Party did you hear that call for help?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Fire 1 Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Fire 2 Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Fire 3 Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Nowzai Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 8 I will move as fast as needed to get to the rubble pile.

Acro and a climb check - Not sure if I can use either in this round or which one is needed to successfully maneuver the pile.

Acro Check - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Climb Check - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8
DM Fflash wrote:

Nemoris fires at the zombie he can see dropping it.

Bone Caverns Round 7

Init order: Nowzai, Magma, Dalamus, The Horde, Tarkilar, Malcolm, Nemoris, Epik

Nemoris fires one more arrow, laying another unnatural dead thing to rest.

With my 2nd arrow can I shoot blindly 10 feet past Epik? I'm guessing I'll have to do that for round 8 unless someone figures out how to clear the fog.

We keep killing these zombies, but I can't see past this fog to engage anything else!


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 79/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik wishes to smite evil on the gnoll.


Nowzai and fire 2 make it to the top of the rubble pile, joining a blind Dalamus and Arrow-slinging Nemoris. Epik is visible and he's fighting something but everything beyond is filled with mist.

Epik, your good-enhanced blow strikes the dead gnoll priest well and true, gouging deep, but the wound closes up as you remove your sword. It doesn't seem to have affected him.

Round 8s for you two, nemoris to fire if needed, and Dalamus.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 79/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)
DM Fflash wrote:

Nowzai and fire 2 make it to the top of the rubble pile, joining a blind Dalamus and Arrow-slinging Nemoris. Epik is visible and he's fighting something but everything beyond is filled with mist.

Epik, your good-enhanced blow strikes the dead gnoll priest well and true, gouging deep, but the wound closes up as you remove your sword. It doesn't seem to have affected him.

Round 8s for you two, nemoris to fire if needed, and Dalamus.

Note that smile evil bypasses any DR. Also, versus undead the smite evil damage is 2 pts per paladin level of additional damage on the first strike.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 79/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Round 8 HP 19 AC 22 (26 vs the gnoll)

Epik attacks the gnoll again:

Attack:1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 4 = 28 Damage:1d8 + 3 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 10 = 14

If the last strike was successfull, please reduce the damage by 5.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Round 8 || Initiative 7 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

I'll hold my attacks until I can see something to hit, or if I can fire past Epik into the fog:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Epik: ill double check the DR stuff. Standby.


Epik, you are of course, correct.

Round 7 errata:

Epik's sword, infused with the inner fire of his devotion to Iomedae, carves through the gnoll leaving a long blackened wound.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 8 (Init 18)

Nowzai:

hp 31 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status -1 Str

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, guided shot, shield
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide, summon monster II
3rd:

Acid Dart 6 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 0 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 38 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Nowzai remains atop the rubble, wand ready to strike if any target becomes visible. With a gesture, he orders the elementals to Epik's side.

Wand of magic missile in hand, if I get any indication of the gnoll's position: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 3 = 12 force damage.

The elementals will move up to Epik, and if they can see the target, they will attack.

Fire 1 Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Fire 2 Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Fire 3 Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will draw his sword, and attack the "darkness" around him :)


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I think I am just getting to the top of the pile in round 8, not 100% sure though

If anyone hits in round 8 and notices that they don't do damage, call it out


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 8
Drink the Potion of Aid

After Malcolm gives me the CMW Potion

HP 19 AC 22


Bone Caverns Round 8

Init order: Nowzai, , Dalamus, The Horde, Tarkilar, Malcolm, Magma, Nemoris, Epik

The party begins to trickle back together having closed the western front and moving to complete the eastern. Nowzai readies a wand, but cannot see whatever Epik is striking at in the mists beyond his sword. His fire elementals flow down the hill into the mists, one disappearing from view. The third explodes in a hiss of fire as it passes through a threatened area and takes a whipping spiked chain through its torso. They attempt to harm the gnoll but can't get through his thick armored self. Dalamus, noting the new presence of the wizard near him starts to whip his sword about dangerously.

Down in the mist, the zombies clambor toward Epik ignoring the elementals. Tarkilar whips out with his chain one more time which Epik's holy aura defelcts and then 5' steps back into the mist hissing at the paladin's glowing blade.

On the far side, Malcolm pours one of Magma's potions into the warrior's mouth and as soon as he begins to stir, the gunslinger takes off towards the rubble pile, almost getting to its base. Magma groans and stands, drinking another potion.

Magma:
Again, the voice in your head speaks We can only talk to one of you at a time. We asked the gunslinger for help, but he didn't come ... we will die for real this time. We need your help ... now! There are more undead coming. Come to the west, to our coffin, to put an end to it all. The way is clear ... hurry!

Epik, do you wish to pursue the gnoll?

Nemoris fires over Epik's head and hears his arrows clatter against stone.

Round 9 actions?

Map Here

The Dice:

Tarkilar AoO vs Fire3 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20; HIT!; Damage:2d4 + 11 ⇒ (1, 3) + 11 = 15
Fire1 vs Tarkilar 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11; miss
Fire2 vs Tarkilar 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20; miss
Zombie0 vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14; miss
Zombie3 vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11; miss
Tarkilar vs Epik1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25; miss
Nemoris miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 48; miss


I've forgotten the 20% miss chance in the mists (on both sides). If you're meleeing someoeone in the mist that you can see, please roll a d100 with the attack. I'll do the same.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

As I ran towards the pile since Magma asked if anyone heard the voice"Wait, you heard a voice too? What is it telling you?"

Round 9

Climb Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"What do we have going on over here?"


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai frowns, thinking through possible solutions to the problem ahead.

"Be careful! The gnoll necromancer is in that mist, and it is armed with a spiked chain."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

DM

:
I move slowly to the west


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 79/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Round 9 HP 19 AC 22/26

Epik takes a 5' step forward and attacks the gnoll again:

Miss chance:1d100 ⇒ 87
Attack:1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 = 18 Damage:1d8 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 5 = 10


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 9 (Init 18)

Nowzai:

hp 31 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status -1 Str

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, guided shot, shield
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide
3rd:

Acid Dart 6 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 0 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 38 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

The fire elementals continue to press and harry the gnoll.

Fire 1 vs Tarkilar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8; Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 84
Fire 1 vs Tarkilar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9; Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 28

His action decided, Nowzai begins another summoning spell.

Casting summon monster II for a small air elemental... hopefully its whirlwind can disperse the mist.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8
DM Fflash wrote:

Bone Caverns Round 8

Down in the mist, the zombies clambor toward Epik ignoring the elementals. Tarkilar whips out with his chain one more time which Epik's holy aura defelcts and then 5' steps back into the mist hissing at the paladin's glowing blade.

Sorry, just not clear on what I'm able to see as far as it is happening. If the gnoll is coming out of the mist then my attack should be held to fire on him when I can see him. If he isn't ever visible that's fine, but if he is darting out and then going back in, then I think I would have seen him at least twice already, right?


He has never been visible to nemoris. The darting stuff is literary license ... The gnoll hasn't moved except backwards. All anyone can see right now is the mist wrapped form of Epik


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 9/10 - AC 20 / HP 31 / Init ?

I will delay until I see the gnoll even if that means moving up to the next round. If it delays to round 10 I will shoot when I see and add in the second attack and reset my Init. Drop the to hit -2 for each if I take two shots in round 10

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


End of Round 8

Epik steps forward, the mist swallowing him and he disappears from everyone's view.

Epik:
You hammer home again with your sword cutting through the gnoll's body like butter. He howls and cackles in a rasping voice

A rasping cackle and howl comes through the mist.

Round 9

Init order: Nowzai, Fire ellies, Dalamus, The Horde, Tarkilar, Malcolm, Magma, Nemoris, Epik

Nowzai begins his elaborate chanting again while his fire elementals move further into the mist.

Dalamus continues to be confused, Nowzai's explanation the first he's heard of what's going on Anything for Dalamus to add here?

Epik:
The zombies continue their press one chomping on Epik, and the gnoll tries a different tactic whipping his chain at Epik's feet pulling the paladin prone. Change in situation, fight prone or stand up and draw AoOs?

You hear a large oomph and clanging of metal.

Malcolm gets to the top of the pile and pulls the same stupid look as Nemoris and they shrug at each other awaiting some opportunity.

Magma:

You move to the west, going through a small passageway, where your sides scrape the walls and opening into the backside of the room you explored up to earlier. The voice speaks [i]To the west, take a right ... there's a hidden coffin. Not far ... quickly before the dead rise[/i

[ooc]Seems short, but don't think I missed anything. Other Round 10 actions unless Nemoris wishes to do something other than hold

The Dice:

Zombie0 vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; miss
Zombie3 vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22; HIT; Damage; 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Tarkilar trip vs Epik 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 vs Epik's CMD 23; SUCCESS!


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus is yet to figure out a use for himself to the group, aside from not getting in their way


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 79/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik Round 10:

Round 10 HP 11 AC 22/26

Epik will stand up for his move action, taking the AoOs. He attacks the gnoll again.

Attack:1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 4 = 32 Damage:1d8 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 5 = 15
Crit check:1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 4 = 23 Additional Crit Damage:1d8 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 5 = 12

Epik yells through the mist,"Nowzai, the elementals are ineffective against the gnoll, have them attack the zombies!"


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 10 (Init 18)

Nowzai:

hp 31 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status -1 Str

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, guided shot, shield
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide
3rd:

Acid Dart 6 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 0 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 38 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Fire 1 vs Tarkilar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18; Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 19
Fire 2 vs Tarkilar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8; Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 92... *sigh*

These guys came in on R5... they should have through R12.

As soon as the air elemental appears, Nowzai orders it to whirlwind and move, hoping the swirling gust will clear out the mist cloud. He otherwise stands ready to attack with his wand.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Dalamus Othreleth wrote:
Dalamus is yet to figure out a use for himself to the group, aside from not getting in their way

That's alright, I'm not doing anything either.

Round 9 || Initiative 7 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

Epik, no one else can see to attack anything. Can you move back and draw him out of the fog?!

At my initiative I'll fire two more shots into the fog:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Round 10 || Initiative 7 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

Hopefully the fog will clear and I'll have a solid shot on an enemy I can see. If not I need to figure out if I should charge into melee or do something else that's helpful.


End of Round 9

Epik calls out, "Nowzai, the elementals are ineffective against the gnoll, have them attack the zombies!"

Epik:

The paladin gets up drawing attacks from his three assailants and is able to swing back missing wide.

Zombie0 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12; miss
Zombie3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6; miss
Tarkilar 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23; miss


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Have them attack the zombies, then.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 10

DM:
What do i see moving West? i moving cautiously and looking around for signs of Ambush perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


More End of Round 9

Nemoris fires into the dark 1d4 ⇒ 3, but again hears arrows clatter as he aims too high while ensuring he doesn't put Epik at risk.

Round 10

Init order: Nowzai, Air and Fire ellies, Malcolm, Dalamus, The Horde, Tarkilar, Magma, Nemoris, Epik

Nowzai's incantation concludes with a great whoosh of air as a vortex of dust and moving air appears and begins to twirl moving forward into the mist and sucking up the heavy air, making the elemental more visible but also taking away the remaining mist, illuminating Epik, the two zombies and the dead gnoll priest. The fire elementals move around the priest, who is unable to take any more opportune attacks and they assault the zombies ... one striking and catching a zombie on fire now that the mist is gone.

Knowledge Religion DC 12:

The gnoll-like creature is huecuva, a cursed priest risen again as undead, harmed by silver and with minimal residual priestly powers and they tend to carry horrific diseases

Knowledge Religion DC 17:

This version of huecuva is particularly advanced, a more successful transformation, some times done purposefully by evil priests similar to lichdom for wizards, but with significantly less power. These tend to be more attached to their former lives with more divine abilities, specifically related to death and evil and with greater resistance to weapons that aren't silver and good.

Malcolm, holding his fire until now blazes away striking once, but he watches with despair as the gnoll heals most of the wound nearly instantly. His second shot gets near the gnoll and veers suddenly to the right and slams into the wall.

The dead continue their assault although the damaged one turns on the elemental. The zombies miss, but Tarkilar hits Epik hard, taking him down in a clatter of steel. The gnoll moves forward to the bottom of the rubble pile now that his mist is gone, the tattered robe stuttering in and out of existence. Nowzai, feel free to make AoOs for all the ellies

Magma:

You come around the corner and sees a cave that glitters and glows, the volcanic rock here has formed millions of tiny black and red crystals that catch the light and reflect it back a millionfold. THe one thing that doesn't glow is a large slab of dull black stone in the center of the room.

Two dead bodies lie in the corner of the room, small worms moving around and in them.

Hurry, move the slab!

See your map

The Dice:

Malcolm miss chance; 1d100 ⇒ 58; 1d100 ⇒ 6
Fire ellie damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Zombie reflex 1d20 ⇒ 2; Burn damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
Zombie0 vs Fire 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7; miss
Zombie3 vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20; miss
Tarkilar vs Epik 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32; HIT! Damage: 2d4 + 11 ⇒ (2, 4) + 11 = 17

1,901 to 1,950 of 5,026 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.