Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,751 to 1,800 of 5,226 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"I guess we could explore what is in the next area, and decide if hiring them after that makes sense. I think with our skills we can handle anything that is left ourselves."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"We're not going to release evil creatures that attacked us multiple times, and will likely do so again. We certainly aren't going to pay them to join us. As I've said several times now, tie them up, take their weapons, and leave them where we found them. We'll release them when we return."

Epik will detect evil on the water prior to Nowzai lowering it. He stands ready to attack anything that emerges.

I vote to proceed to the west caves.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8
Epik wrote:
"We're not going to release evil creatures that attacked us multiple times, and will likely do so again. We certainly aren't going to pay them to join us. As I've said several times now, tie them up, take their weapons, and leave them where we found them. We'll release them when we return."

Nowzai sighs.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
"Nowzai, do you think we can trust the captain and his men if we let them go to not hinder us in any way? I would like to have you join us as we explore the gnoll caves, the captain saying that dead things roam there worries me. If you have concerns about them, let us know, I would prefer to have you with us then guarding them if possible"

"Give me two-hundred gold, and I can have them guarding us," Nowzai replies, completely serious.

To the group, "Regarding the wands, I think we can utilize them to lower the water in the pool. With just a cursory inspection, I also theorize that they can be more efficacious in concert with each other. Dalamus, do you have the skills to activate wands and such?"

"Yes nowzai, I am able to use magical instruments....I am not as good as you, but I can handle myself quite well. what did you want me to do with the wand, did you have something in mind?"


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8
Dalamus Othreleth wrote:
"Yes nowzai, I am able to use magical instruments....I am not as good as you, but I can handle myself quite well. what did you want me to do with the wand, did you have something in mind?"

I have a hunch that if we use the wands in concert, their effect will be more potent." Nowzai gives a half-shrug. "I have no way to know for sure until we try."

When we get to the pool, will try to activate at the same time as Dalamus. The intent is to lower the water enough to retrieve the other wand safely.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will prepare to jump in and get the wand once the water has lowered, I will tie my rope around my waist and ask Magma and Nemoris be ready to yank me out if needed.

In response to Epik

"Yes they are evil, and yes they attacked us, but as the captain also pointed out, they only attacked us once we invaded their lair. Yes we had reason to, to retrieve the stolen wands and save the city, but that doesn't change the fact that they didn't come to us looking for a fight, they defended themselves from our attacks. If what Nowzai says is true and that they won't take up any futher contracts against us, then I feel that we are safe to let them go, or at least leave them unguarded so Nowzai can join us as we search for the final wand against the undead and anything else we might find."

DM - Are the kobolds confined somewhere? Is the area we have put them somewhere that will keep them locked up or was it pretty much just a storage room and would require a guard?


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Let us not bicker over those pathetic little creatures. We have more important things to be concerned with. Let's bring them back here with us, this will ensure that they do not take the opportunity to harm us....I know what you say Malcolm about their intent, but I simply do not care. They are vermin. We do not have to slaughter them, but I am not at all concerned about their wasted time."

"Sounds good Nowzai, I just hope we don't do something that we will regret with those wands, but we have to take a shot at it"


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

We did stumble across a prison here and Triel's keys worked on the cells. If the area we are keeping them right now isn't secure, we could move them to the jail and not have to worry about them until we are ready to leave.


Kobolds are in the southern barracks. Door is lockable.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:82/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Dalamus Othreleth wrote:

"Let us not bicker over those pathetic little creatures. We have more important things to be concerned with. Let's bring them back here with us, this will ensure that they do not take the opportunity to harm us....I know what you say Malcolm about their intent, but I simply do not care. They are vermin. We do not have to slaughter them, but I am not at all concerned about their wasted time."

"Sounds good Nowzai, I just hope we don't do something that we will regret with those wands, but we have to take a shot at it"

I can't say that I've ever been happier to not be around for one of the fun arguments everyone has :)

I'm going to try the 'contraption' once it's ready and everyone shows up. I don't think there's much chance of it causing problems even if it doesn't work, as we've already been putting ropes and various other items in the water.


The Pool

Nemoris:

With tightly lashed together pole arms and ladder pieces, you are eventually able to manipulate the backpack on to the wand and then flip it into the bag, closing the flap and slowly dragging it up. Once you pull it out of the water, you open the backpack with a quick tug of the rope and look inside. The metal wand is resting in the bag, and the water in the bag appears to be moving on its own. Upon closer inspection, the water in the bag is filled with tiny nearly invisible jellyfish like creatures that pulse towards you as you move in to look at them.

The Black Claws

Can't proceed unless you all tell me what you're doing exactly

1) Nowzai stays and guards
2) Pay them to help
3) Let them go
4) Confine them (tied or untied) in prison or barracks.

Gnoll Caves

Another decision before I can progress.
1) Proceed through western caves
2) Climb over rubble
3) Allow Magma to investigate bone pile


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

The Black Claws... 2, 3, 1, 4, in that order.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

The Black Claws - 3,4,2,1 in that order

Gnoll Caves - 4 (Dalamus and I scout East and West), 2,1,3 (Looking at giant bones in an area we know is going to have undead sounds like a terrible idea.) Can Epik detect evil on them from a distance?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Nicely done Nemoris! What the hell are those things?"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Black Claws
2,4,3.1


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:82/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
"Nicely done Nemoris! What the hell are those things?"

I'm not sure, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. I'm sure glad we didn't splash the water around or have anyone jump in.

Black Claws: 3,4,1,2

They aren't armed and they've surrendered, as long as we see them go, I'm happy to release them. The only option I'm really against is hiring them


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Black Claws
4,3

Gnoll caves
3


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Black Claws 4. Gnoll Caves 1 or Malcolm's idea of scouting both east and west.


Black Claws

The vote was just slightly imprisonment over letting them go. Let me know where they are (both locations are lockable) and whether you tie them up in either location or use the manacles in the prison. You still have rope in the party? :)

The Pool

A reminder that the spoiler was for Nemoris so he could decide what to do until others get there. Please don't character act on spoilers until you're given the information

Gnoll Caves

Dalamus and Malcolm: Looks like you're scouting. Roll stealth and perception checks and let me know who is going which way, exactly.

Epik:
You don't detect any evil in the vicinity of the bones that Magma says are ahead (that you can't see)


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Ahh sorry, he told me about it in google talk

ermm....here's a thought, are these caves lit at all or am I going to be blind as a bat again? Unless Nowzai has another handy see in the dark spell I don't think I am actually able to scout.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai will cast light, as required.


These caves are very dimly lit with the luminescent fungus. You can't see far (20 feet about), but you don't need light.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Dalamus, do you think we should scout together or separately? If we go separately I will go to the NW and follow the wall along the left side"

How many rolls do you need?


1 for each skill


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"We should go separately, we want to get what we are here for as quick as possible. I will go to the right, and follow along the right wall. We should have someone with each of us, just in case...Epik, could you come with me?"

kobolds, Lock them in the room

Stealth
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Sounds good Dalamus. Nemoris, will you come with me and stay 30' or so back and cover me with your bow? I will be running away if we run into anything, so if you could just cover my organized, and in no way cowardly, retreat back to the party, that would be great."

Stealth - 20 + 16 = 36

Perception - 20 + 11 = 31


Not entirely sure who is going exactly where. Malcolm ... gotta roll 1d20 not D20 otherwise it just gives you auto 20s


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"I don't detect any evil on the pile of bones Magma, but you should still be weary"

"Lead on Dalamus, I got your back."

Stealth check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

son of a...sorry

I am heading to the NW cave and hugging the left hand wall around the bend, I will stop before crossing any threshold in any room since I know there are traps

Stealth - 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Perception - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

i will follow Malcolm. Malcolm i have your back be careful

Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Stealth
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Are you confused with Dalamus and Epik?


Map here

Let me know if this is what you intend. Dalamus and Epik will need to climb over the rubble, so a climb check is necessary.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:82/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Malcolm Reigns wrote:

"Sounds good Dalamus. Nemoris, will you come with me and stay 30' or so back and cover me with your bow? I will be running away if we run into anything, so if you could just cover my organized, and in no way cowardly, retreat back to the party, that would be great."

Stealth - D20+16

Perception - D20+11

Hah! My pleasure

My new network apparently blocks dndsheets, or it's down, so I can't remember what my stealth and perception values are exactly

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:82/82, F9 / R13 / W8
DM Fflash wrote:

Map here

Let me know if this is what you intend. Dalamus and Epik will need to climb over the rubble, so a climb check is necessary.

I think we want to swap Magma and I? I could also stand at the fork so I can partially cover each side if a light source goes out and I can see targets.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I would like to have you up near me and have Magma covering Nowzai, I think you have a better stealth move them Magma and Magma is more tanky if something comes up behind us to cover Nowzai.


Copy the switch ... just following Magma's last action. Nemoris can't see over the rubble pile (which blocks the east exist although poorly shown on the map


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Climb Check

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Climb check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

What are we waiting on? Any more rolls needed?


Me to.get home from dc. :). Later today. It's gonna be epic.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Where exactly is "home" these days?


Home is Georgia :)]

Northwest Caves

Nemoris moves to the hallway where he attempts to cover both scouts until Epik disappears behind the rubble. Malcolm creeps forward, slowly seeing the massive mound before him come into view. As expected from Magma's description, it's a 20 foot tall pile of bones, some of which are easily 8 feet in length. Quiet as a mouse, he creeps up to within 5 feet of the bones, wary and cautious. He's proud of his accomplishment, able to see the sword-like teeth in the massive reptile skull and is preparing to move back when ...

... a tremendous explosion comes from the east and the bones leap to life in front of him. It's at this moment that the gunslinger realizes that the cavern ceiling is beyond his vision as the skeleton of what appears to be a giant version of the dinosaurs in the jungle assembles, it's massive head disappearing in the darkness above.

Malcom is not surprised since he was aware and expecting a trap of some sort

Rubble-filled passage

Dalamus clambers over the rubble easily, but Epik, who almost makes it, slips at the last minute and slides back down.

Dalamus:
Dalamus hears the ruckus as he takes a step forward into the passageway, and immediately hears groans and moans to the east. Unfortunately, he has no time to investigate as a pair of large glyphs appear on the floor beneath him and rise up both exploding in blinding and concussive force.

Save vs trap, reflex DC: 14 or take 2d8 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 sonic; save for half

2nd save vs trap, Fort DC: 28 or be blinded

Everyone else hears a tremendous crash of noise and a bright flash of white light from beyond the rubble pile. Effective vision right now is 20 feet without some other source of light.

Map here

Initiative: T-rex skelly, Nowzai, Magma, Dalamus, Malcolm, Nemoris, Epik

Actions for Round 1?

Initiative Dice:

Dalamus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Epik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Magma: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Malcolm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Nemoris: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Nowzai: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
T-Rex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

DM eyes only:

ZHum: 1d20 ⇒ 15
ZOgr: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Tark: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Gutt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I wouldn't say that I am not surprised, a giant skeleton T-Rex is fairly surprising!

I thought we were rolling our own init the last couple of combats like we are with saves, are we not? Just as a moving forward point. Also I am a +7 on Init if you are continuing to roll it.

The cave to my left with the small opening, is it small enough to not allow that thing to get to me?

Also I had said I was hugging the wall to my left the entire way, would I be closer to that room or is the map just not very well scaled?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai gives Magma a concerned look, then calls out. "Malcolm?"


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

I wouldn't say that I am not surprised, a giant skeleton T-Rex is fairly surprising!

I thought we were rolling our own init the last couple of combats like we are with saves, are we not? Just as a moving forward point. Also I am a +7 on Init if you are continuing to roll it.

The cave to my left with the small opening, is it small enough to not allow that thing to get to me?

Also I had said I was hugging the wall to my left the entire way, would I be closer to that room or is the map just not very well scaled?

I let you roll initiative, but still reserve the right to do it to keep the game moving. Copy the extra +2 ... I lose it in Hero Lab if I don't set your grit correctly. Doesn't affect the order.

You hugged the left wall, that's why you see everything. You couldn't hug it any more because of the bones, so I figured you went around them instead of through them.

The cave to the east is smaller than this big room.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Oh god...oh god...oh god!" You all hear Malcolm scream "Giant Skeleton Lizard...oh god!"

Depending on if the lizard crushes me, I am running into the small room. How much reach does it have?


Malcolm: you don't know

To better clarify ... the light and explosive sound came from the east ... Dalamus' position. Screaming like a girl sound comes from Malcolm's position.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will try again to get over the rubble. If successfull, he rushes to Dalamus's position, weapon ready.

Climb check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 1
Elder let move up and see if we can help Malcolm.

I won't be able to make attack round one.

Round 2
Attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 dam 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Critical 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 dam 2d12 + 22 ⇒ (6, 3) + 22 = 31

If the skeleton is focus on Malcolm do i get a +2 flanking?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I never said I screamed like a girl, I just screamed. It was a manly, James Earl Jones scream. In fact, some might need to roll a listen check to figure out if they even need to come help because it was so manly, they might assume I already killed it. ;)

Do I need to make a tumble check to get away from the T-Rex and run into the smaller room without taking an AoO?

1,751 to 1,800 of 5,226 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.