Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,601 to 1,650 of 4,840 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

5' will put you in the wall. 10' to get thru it. My art is terrible.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Ok then ignore the second attack and if I can kick magma's torch onto the oil I will try that as well


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

"Really?" Nowzai scoffs. "It prevented the swarm of spiders from overtaking us, as we have nothing to fight it off on hand. And also kept their archers, which only two of us can target, from pinioning us with arrows."

"Once the swarm is dispersed, I recommend we charge forward, as a group, and engage their mage and archers together."

Right behind you Captain...

Is the map here up to date?


Yes although I think I forgot to kill off the spider


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Where is the Ettercap that is attack Magma?


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Where is the Ettercap that is attack Magma?

To the east of Magma on top of the dead one. Map should be good now.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

In my movement and one shot against the Caster I will also avoid the swarm and hug the wall to get any sort of cover from the archers.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 8
Fort
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Reflex
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Attack on Ettercap
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Critical
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 damage 2d12 + 22 ⇒ (7, 8) + 22 = 37
AC 24 HP 29


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 75/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik lobs a second flask of oil, aiming for the area between the first flask and the torch, attempting to ignite both flasks of oil.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 8 (Init 16)

Nowzai:

hp 31 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status -1 Str

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, enlarge person, guided shot, shield, lsr orb of sound
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide, summon monster II
3rd:

Acid Dart 7 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 38 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

"There they are!" Nowzai moves fifteen feet to the south to gain a clear view of the three kobolds. He then aims a wand and launches three bolts of force at the caster.

Wand of magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 3 = 12

Meanwhile, the archon flits away from the spidery monstrosity, opening some space before blasting it with two light rays.

Archon vs Shriezyx (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 {miss}
Archon vs Shriezyx (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13; Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

DM:
I'm surprised that the archon took any damage whatsoever, given its ridiculous DR.


Nowzai:
DR can be overcome with the appropriate attack

Malcolm, where exactly do you want to move to? Assume the wall occupies 5 foot width and there is no room between it and th swarm. Do you want to move past the swarm? Swarm only does damage on its turn. Of course, it can move.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Is there not room to stand where the dead blue spider is?


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Is there not room to stand where the dead blue spider is?

Sorta, he was originally above you. You can't see under the spider but nearly half the square is occupied with wall space. You can stand there but would be squeezed.

Squeeze:

Squeezing

In some cases, you may have to squeeze into or through an area that isn't as wide as the space you take up. You can squeeze through or into a space that is at least half as wide as your normal space. Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space, you take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC.

When a Large creature (which normally takes up 4 squares) squeezes into a space that's 1 square wide, the creature's miniature figure occupies 2 squares, centered on the line between the 2 squares. For a bigger creature, center the creature likewise in the area it squeezes into.

A creature can squeeze past a creature while moving but it can't end its movement in an occupied square.

To squeeze through or into a space less than half your space's width, you must use the Escape Artist skill. You can't attack while using Escape Artist to squeeze through or into a narrow space, you take a –4 penalty to AC, and you lose any Dexterity bonus to AC.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

so lets say I move to say the green spider, use my crit shot on the caster and Epik gets the oil lit, what is my tumble check or whatever to make it back to the party next round and what kind of damage am I looking at?


You can do that in Round 8. You'll take splash damage from the oil fire if it works. If the ettercap is still alive, you'll need 1 appropriate tumble check to get away from it.

You'll still draw an AoO for firing in melee as well.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

And there isn't room opposite of the blue spider?

If not I will just step into the swarm at it's furthest corner by the wind wall and be prepared to step back next round, not losing another crit :)

And Round 8 Stats - sorry I keep forgetting this.

Round 8 - AC 20 / HP 46 / Init 20


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Is there any indication to Dalamus that the reason his shot was so far off, was because there is a wind wall, if not he would make another shot attempt, this time at the Elite. Let me know, and I will roll it up


Dalamus Othreleth wrote:
Is there any indication to Dalamus that the reason his shot was so far off, was because there is a wind wall, if not he would make another shot attempt, this time at the Elite. Let me know, and I will roll it up

Listening to Nemoris and Nowzai holler back and forth, I'm sure Dalamus is able to figure it out.


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

And there isn't room opposite of the blue spider?

If not I will just step into the swarm at it's furthest corner by the wind wall and be prepared to step back next round, not losing another crit :)

And Round 8 Stats - sorry I keep forgetting this.

Round 8 - AC 20 / HP 46 / Init 20

The wind wall fills all the squares that the line intersects. You can squeeze on the blue spider or move to the green or stand in the swarm. Your choice.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Round 8 - AC 21 / HP 48 / Init ?

"Dalamus will follow behind Malcolm, stopping once he is on the other side of the wind wall, just before the spider swarm."

Dalamus will then fire on the Kobold Elite in the center

Bow
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Dalamus Othreleth wrote:

Round 8 - AC 21 / HP 48 / Init ?

"Dalamus will follow behind Malcolm, stopping once he is on the other side of the wind wall, just before the spider swarm."

Dalamus will then fire on the Kobold Elite in the center

Bow
1d20 + 8
Damage
1d6 + 2

I'm assuming based on my previous email then that you will squeeze in the blue spider square.


Said the Spider to the Fly

Round 8

Init: Shriezyx, Epik, Malcolm, Nemoris, D, Nowzai, Archon, Elites, Harpoon, Dalamus, Swarm, Ettercaps, Magma

The horrific spider moves to engage the archon again, tearing into it once more, but the archon has already healed from the first flurry and the damage isn't lasting.

Epik quickly guages the distance between the oil and the torch and tosses another vial. His aim is true and as the vial splatters the whole area goes up in flame. The spider swarm squeals as the tiny spiders turn into crisp husks of themselves and the webs in the area all shrivel away. The few remaining spiders crawl back into the cracks

Malcolm tumbles forward through the wind wall, gripping his revolver firmly as the roaring air tries to rip it from his hands. He comes up in the still crispy swarm area and fires his revolver, slapping the painful flames with his other hand damage below. The bullet strikes the shaman square in the chest, and his eyes open wide as he looks down at the massive hole that begins to gush blood. He points out with his hand and unleashes one last bolt of lighting before he retreats into the darkness. Nowzai, however, with the aid of his spell, tracks him and launches 3 bolts of pure magical force, blasting the kobold off his feet and he falls to the ground in a crumpled heap, twitching.

Immediately the horror spider and the ettercap retreat back to the walls and skitter up into the webs. A sharp voice barks out from the rear of the room and the elites lay down their weapons. Stepping out of the darkness is the Captain from earlier, dragging the body of the kobold shaman. He rips a necklace from the shaman's body, slips it around his own neck and throws the dead kobold forward near Magma.

"My brother a betrayer to you and to me. Him yours. Red woman in back, dead. Me and mine leave ruins now. Return home. Done with humans and your schemes. No problem?"

He stands, arms empty, looking at you, the elites behind him, unarmed with their heads bowed. Looking at the shamab's body in front of him now, with the helmet opened up, you see that the two kobolds are exact mirror images of each other.

Actions?

The Dice:

Epik Lamp Oil 1d6 ⇒ 5 x1.5 = 7 fire damage
Lamp Oil mislight chance 1d100 ⇒ 97
Lamp Oil burn vs swarm 1d3 ⇒ 1 x 1.5 = 2 fire damage
Lamp Oil burn vs Malcolm 1d3 ⇒ 1 fire damage
Malcolm take 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) = 13 Reflex save DC 16 for half


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai has the archon fly around behind the captain, illuminating the space beyond. Assured there are no lurking snipers, he steps through the wind wall and around the burning swarm. He keeps his wand pointed meaningfully at the kobold.

Draconic:
"The wands, all of them... where are they?"


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Ref Save - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

How did the caster get a spell off? I was faster then him in the init order, once he dies that's it, no more actions right?

I will move out of the fire and up by Nowzai and wait.


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

Ref Save - d20+11

How did the caster get a spell off? I was faster then him in the init order, once he dies that's it, no more actions right?

I will move out of the fire and up by Nowzai and wait.

Correct, you didn't kill him, though. Nowzai did.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

ahh

I thought we were doing the Fort saves for massive damage if one attack hits for more then 50, if that is the case, based on your new rules he failed because you didn't roll the save first in your rolls so he wouldn't have gotten an attack off on me :)


Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Nowzai has the archon fly around behind the captain, illuminating the space beyond. Assured there are no lurking snipers, he steps through the wind wall and around the burning swarm. He keeps his wand pointed meaningfully at the kobold.

** spoiler omitted **

The Captain's lip begins to curl and then he shakes his head, and responds.

Draconic:

The priestess had them all and distributed them out these past couple days. One to my brother, two to the halfling, and one to Jekkajak, who later lost his or maybe it was stolen, I'm not sure. One was intended for the gnoll, but he disappeared into his cave and hasn't come out since, so I don't think she gave one to him. She gloated that she hid one probably in spite that the gnoll left her. And the rest she kept. The idea was that we were all in this ransom scheme of hers together. I'm not much for extortion, but as long as she was still paying me, I didn't really care. Anything else or can I grab my elites and depart?


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

ahh

I thought we were doing the Fort saves for massive damage if one attack hits for more then 50, if that is the case, based on your new rules he failed because you didn't roll the save first in your rolls so he wouldn't have gotten an attack off on me :)

Oh yeah, massive damage ... huh, forgot about that. Since I didn't tell myself there was a Fort Save, though ... he's in the clear :)

If you don't think that's fair, I can apply the same standard to you guys

Me: Kobold hits you with poisoned spear. Take 5 points of damage
Malcolm: OK, I fire 2 shots at him
Me: Oh, the spear was poisoned, you didn't save. FAIL! You die.
Malcolm: Wait, you didn't tell me to save ... o.O

I'm thinking that won't go over too well


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

To the group, Nowzai translates, "He says his brother, the Spider, had one wand. Skayven had two, which we've got, and another went to Jekkajak. He also claims Triel kept the rest, but may have hidden one, meant for a gnoll who's gone missing."

"Do we let them yield and withdraw?"

Remind me who Jekkajak was again?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Jekk was the Kobold Wizard we killed right when we got here before we ran into the Halfling.

Who's got the running total on the wands we do have and how many are left?

"I am not opposed to letting them go if we can get all the wands and Triel's body for the city guard, and if they provide us with a layout of this area and any trap information"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 75/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

They cannot be trusted. If we let them go now, they will may warn others. Nowzai, tell them to drop their weapons and surrender - we are taking them prisoners. Tell them that that if they cooperate and provide us useful information, they will be released when we have all of the wands. Otherwise, we finish this now.

Epik draws his sword and awaits their response.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Epik....Slow down, not everyone wants to fight. If we kill them, they can offer us no assistance. Let's try this the peaceful way, and just ask them the questions that we seek. Promise them that we will never return of the information they give us is good, but if it is not, we will return, and next time with an army......Let's just give that a try"

Dalamus will pat Epik on the back and smile at him


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"First of all, the captain can understand you. Second, they already dropped their weapons and yielded, of their own volition. I am happy to accept their terms to avoid further bloodshed. Put your sword away."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

They can leave when we have all the wands.

our current wand total is 6
2 halfling 3 from Triel 1 from them leaving two somewhere in the complex

Perception check for this Area
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

How many do i need for spider caves?
Perception checks for the rest of spider caves

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

ooc i just wasted two 20


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
"First of all, the captain can understand you. Second, they already dropped their weapons and yielded, of their own volition. I am happy to accept their terms to avoid further bloodshed. Put your sword away."

Right, don't think any of us are attacking an unarmed surrendered sentient being who hasn't attacked us..

Not without going to the darkside anyway... :)

As long as they cooperate and disarm I don't have any problem accepting a surrender.


The Spider Caves

While the others converse with the kobolds, Magma quickly looks through the large cavern to the east. He first discovers no other exits and second notices several spiders on the walls and ceiling, the most notable being a tremendously huge one with spear like fangs jutting from its mandibles. It watches the stonechilde with intelligent eyes, but otherwise doesn't do anything as it clings to the ceiling 30 feet overhead.

Laying in the center of the room, arranged as if for burial, is the priestess, Triel. She's quite dead.

The wands in Magma's pack vibrate as he gets close to a the dead priestess in the middle of the cavern. Tucked under a rock in some webbing, he find another wand of control water and the items the party put up for collateral earlier. This should bring your current total to 6 ... correct me if I'm wrong

The Future of the Black Claws

The Captain watches intently as each member of the party speaks, but says nothing although he raises his ridged eyebrows when Epik pulls his sword out.

"The Spider" has a small masterwork quarterstaff, a wand of summon swarm (10 charges), small +2 hide armor, and a scroll of tree shape

Map Here


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I think we have 7 of 8 wands. Triel had 3, Jek had 1, The halfling had 2, and the one that Magma just found under the rock.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 75/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik ties up the kobolds.

"What else can you tell us about these ruins? What guardians and traps remain? Where would Triel have hidden the last wand? Where are her remaining minions?"

Intimidate check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Jek didn't have one.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"I know you dislike speaking our language so feel free to speak your native tongue to Nowzai in response, Do you know of any other areas where Triel might have hidden the remaining two wands? You said Jekk's wand might have been stolen, who would steal it if you had to guess? Who is this gnoll you speak of and where is his cave? Will one of your elites be willing to escort us through these ruins and disarm any traps that are left? In return you and you people are free to go and you can take your brothers body with you in case there are cultural rites that you would like to perform."

"Of course this is only if my party agrees with this offer, but this is my suggestion."

"Epik, I don't think we need to tie them up, they have offered their surrender and have dropped their weapons."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Do we really have to take the hole body or just her head?

do we find anything else in the cavern?

nice to know that the wands are tune to each other that should help us find them.

Search check for the west cavern after dalamus show us the traps in the west cavern

Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

i don't mind letting the kobolds go but only after we have all the wands.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"We should take Triels whole body....no need to be butchering it at this point." Dalamus looks to the Kobold "This is quite simple..You don't want us here, and we want to leave you alone. Neither of us can do that, until we find this last wand so please just tell us where it is, so we can leave you alone."


The Captain cocks his head at Epik, as if trying to determine if his intimidating stance is serious or not. Regardless he replies.

"Me tell all me know about wands. Use or leave it. Care not. A couple traps up north. Halfling show you already ... dont go that room. All water dangerous. Don't touch. Gnoll cave to north of priestess room and west of me room. Dead things walk there. Him used to be part of leader group ... priestess, halfling, gnoll. Him priest too. Me have 9 elites and 2 slaves. You have slaves if want. They good for arrow catching. No send elites to die in gnoll cave. Too few left."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 75/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"Let's move out to the gnoll cave."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

what slaves? are they human?


"No. Kobold slaves. Me call them if like."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

No that find. Lets head out to the Gnoll cavern.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai takes the scroll and wand from the Spider, then moves to join the rest to the gnoll cavern.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8

What are we looking at for weapons from the disarmed kobolds?

I think the gnoll cave is good for our next stop as well.


The disarmed kobolds all had mw longswords and mw shortbows (small size).

The Captain is still carrying his small composite longbow across his back with a loaded quiver. He has no other visible weapons.

Gnoll Caves

Based on the Captain's guidance, you can reach the gnoll caves by either enter the northern complex through the hallway north of Triel's room or go back to the beach and enter from the northernmost doors.

Are you leaving the kobolds here in the Spider Caves?

1,601 to 1,650 of 4,840 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.