Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,551 to 1,600 of 4,759 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

No attack in Round 2 or 3. You can attack in Round 4. Note the 2 spiders that shot webs at you are out of reach hanging from threads near the cavern ceiling.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
DM Fflash wrote:

** spoiler omitted **...

I posted mine as round 1, wasn't aware we were getting a surprise round until after it all panned out. Certainly feel free to cut that down to one attack if you want :)

K I think you probably missed this line from Tike, "Dalamus and Malcolm scout ahead in the shadowy areas, Dalamus about 70 feet ahead of the party and Malcolm about 40."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will move up and attacks the nearest spider within range:

Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai calls out an arcane syllable and points, sending a dart of acid at one of the spiders.

Acid dart on Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 (ranged touch)
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 acid


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

All I Can Think About During This Combat:
All I keep thinking about in this combat is the scene from Megamind with the spider "Even the smallest bite from... "arachnis deathicus"... will instantly paralyze" Megamind YouTube


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Are there any enemies within reach of my greataxe?
If not i will attack with the crossbow.
Blue Spider
Crossbow
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage 1d8 ⇒ 1
Critical 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 damage 1d8 ⇒ 4


Said the Spider to the Fly

Round 4

Init: Epik, Malcolm, Nemoris, Nowzai, Elites, Dalamus, Swarm, Ettercaps, Magma, Spiders

Epik cuts around the corner, notes the spider above him and moves in to one he can reach (yellow) gashing it good.

Malcolm wriggles free of the spider web and spins away from the three creatures, avoiding the attacks of opportunity by somersaulting away. He flees up the hall a few feet.

Nemoris fires at the left most spider in the ceiling (I assume since you didn't post an action?) striking it once. Nowzai does the same to the right most spider, hitting it with sizzling acid.

Dalamus works on the noose trap and disarms it. Meanwhile, a pair of arrows sail out of the darkness at Magma but they bounce off his hide.

A swarm of tiny spiders flows out from behind the purple creatures, flowing up and over them, ignoring the creatures and moving towards the party.

Magma moves in next to Epik and attacks the closest spider smashing with a great blow causing ichor to spray from the last of the unwounded spiders.

The spiders and ettercaps retaliate against Epik and Magma drawing one minor hit on Epik.

More voices come from the back

Draconic:
"Brother, you've brought this on yourself. You failed to uphold the terms of the agreement I made with the priestess, purposefully contracted her murder after I agreed to protect and serve her and got my warband slaughtered. I will not aid you, you're on your own. May the All-Father devour your soul ... slowly."

The second voice shrieks, "You would support them against me!!! Get back, I'll deal with you later!"

The Dice:

Malcolm Tumble vs Spider (green): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 DC +2
Malcolm Tumble vs Spider (yellow): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 DC +4
Ettercap AoO vs Malcolm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17; miss
Spider (yellow) AoO vs Malcolm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19; miss
Nemoris vs Spider (red): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15; HIT: Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Nemoris vs Spider (red): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13; miss
Elite vs Magma: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7; miss
Elite vs Magma: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12; miss
Ettercap bite vs Epik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10; miss
Ettercap claw vs Epik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15; miss
Ettercap claw vs Epik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26; HIT! Damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Spider (green) vs Epik: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11; miss
Spider (yellow) vs Magma: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8; miss

Round 5 inputs ... Note, I always have to ask this, but please post your current hps, AC, status, etc. for each of your posts. Helps me make combat quicker. Another tightening of the rules: Saving throws will be in the next immediate post your character makes after the Round, in addition to anything else you want to know. If it's not done, it's an auto-fail. I'm adding this to house rules.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

AC 20 / HP 55 / Init 20

Is there an updated map? Was I able to get clear of the mobs so I am not in melee range anymore? That was the plan

Also how does tumbling away in combat work, I thought it was one roll for all CMD but I see you rolled for me in your dice rolls, is it a check per creature then?

Edit Found the map, does the thing near me have reach or can I 5 foot away?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 5 (Init 16)

Nowzai:

hp 32 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, enlarge person, guided shot, shield, lsr orb of sound
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide, summon monster II
3rd: summon monster III, wind wall

Acid Dart 7 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 39 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Nowzai calls out to the group, "If you have an alchemist's fire, or some such, use it on the swarm now!" He then begins the casting of a long and complex spell.

Cast summon monster III to bring in a lantern archon, just to the south of yellow. (It will have +4 hp from augment summon)


Map here

Sorry, updated it but didn't repost the link. For future, when I forget to post the map again, the link stays the same, I just overwrite it with a new image.

Tumbling (acrobatics) is for each square and creature, and it's an additional +2 DC for each one. Technically when you failed the first one, you shouldn't have moved. I'll adjust that for next time.

Malcolm, The thing near you is on the ceiling (red dots indicate elevated)

Nowzai's note reminds me that I need to put various knowledge rolls out

Knowledge Nature DC 11, Spider Swarm:
A swarm of spiders is a colonial mass of arachnids that relies on overwhelming much larger prey with sheer numbers rather than catching smaller snacks. While spider swarms spin webs, these webs are incapable of catching larger prey and typically serve the swarm as a lair rather than a method of capturing dinner.

The are immune to normal attacks, take extra damage from area attacks, don't have reach, have poison and can distract anyone in the swarm area.

Knowledge Nature DC 13, Giant Spider:
This particular spider is a giant black widow, larger than the males. It has exceptional powerful poison that is difficult to cure, spins and can shoot entangling webs, and can climb exceptionally well

Knowledge Nature DC 15, Purple creatures:
This creature is an ettercap, a shepherd of spiders. It's very existence gives spiders intelligence and allows them to be trained and directed. It's cowardly and generally doesn't like to close to melee range. It can spin and shoot webs like a spider and often creates traps out of webs. It has a poisonous bite

One more thing:

Magma and Epik only if they roll Perception DC 28:
You see a massive bulk shifting in the shadowy webs of the ceiling of the cavern to the southeast. It seems to be lying in wait


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

AC 20 / HP 55 / Init 20

I will take a 5' away from the spider on near me

I will shoot both shots at the same ettercap as before, if the first shot kills it and I can choose another target I will shoot the spider nearest to me.

To Hit - Touch AC 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

To Hit - Touch AC 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

53/61 HP AC22

Epik attacks the swarm in front of him.

Attack:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

AC 24 HP 60
Round 5
I will attack the Swarm
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Critical 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 damage 2d12 + 22 ⇒ (12, 6) + 22 = 40

perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Knowledge Nature

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

When we were attacked by the swarm back in the first room with the kobolds I don't think you can actually attack swarms with physical attacks, if I remember correctly we all learned that in the last fight with one. I could be wrong


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Round 5 || Initiative 19 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

I'll fire two arrows at the spider(red) or another spider if it dies:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Everyone's in except Dalamus ... I'll assume he moves to the third trap unless he chimes in

Round 5 update going out this evening, so if anyone wishes to change their action, they have until then


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Yes Dalamus will stay on the traps unless called upon for help


Said the Spider to the Fly

Round 5

Init: Epik, Malcolm, Nemoris, D, Nowzai, Elites, Dalamus, Swarm, Ettercaps, Magma, Spiders

Epik lays about with his sword into the spider swarm, killing many of the individual spiders, but more just flow around his sword and out of the walls. The attack has no perceptible effect on the swarm as it relentlessly moves forward.

Malcolm fired once at the ettercap, turning it's forhead into a green-blooded canyon of goo. The second shot he turns on the spider in the ceiling sending in careening to the ground in a heap, legs twitching. He smiles for a moment, and then sniffs sensing the distinct smell of ozone. The hairs on his arms begin to rise and he starts to leap away as a crackling bolt of lightning arcs down from the ceiling.

Behind him, Nemoris fires two arrows into the spider on the left and drops it as well. Nowzai hollers out his warning cursing as Epik fruitlessly swats at the spiders, and he begins to cast a spell, a glowing circle of light slowly growing into existence in the cavern ahead. His actions draw attention though and 2 arrows shoot forth, one striking him potentially interrupting his spell as he feels the strength-sapping venom ooze forth. A third arrow flies at Nemoris, but gets caught up in the spikes of his new armor.

The swarm flow forward crawling up and over boots and weapons, covering and biting Magma and Epik. They are bitten multiple times and the human feels the effects of the consolidation of all the poison. Both are distracted by the creatures.

Dalamus disables the final trap easily and the second ettercap moves in to the west out of the line of fire and shoots a web at Magma entangling him. The spiders continue to attack the armored warriors and bang fruitlesly.

Stopping here at Magma's turn ... now that Epik's attacks aren't working on the swarm and you're entangled what do you wish to do. Everyone else, Round 6 actions ... and I missed 2 spiders and an ettercap last round. Lucky bastards.

Map

The Dice:

Malcolm take 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) = 18 electrical damage; Reflex Save DC16 for half
Elite vs Nowzai 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10; miss
Elite vs Nowzai 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18; HIT 1d6 ⇒ 1 damage + Fort Save DC 14 or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Str Damage; make Concentration check to continue spell
Elite vs Nemoris 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7; miss
Swarm vs Epik 1d6 ⇒ 6 damage and make Fort Save DC11 or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str damage; also make Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated.
Swarm vs Magma 1d6 ⇒ 2 damage and make Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated (non-poison based).
Ettercap web vs Magma 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25; HIT! Makes Str Check DC 21, Escape Artist DC 17 or burn the webs for enough damage. Others can break you out at Str DC 17
Spider (yellow) vs Magma 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16; miss
Spider (green) vs Epik 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9; miss


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

AC 20 / HP 46 / Init 20

Reflex Save - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Nice damage roll...I'm gonna need to see those dice sir...

Can I tell where the spell came from? (pull out my flashlight and see if that helps I had it easily stowed for a quick retrieval)

Perception - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

If so both shots will go at the caster if it's a clear shot with or without a 5' (no % chance to miss) If not then at the elite bowman, again if I have a clear shot, then Ettercap, then closest spiders (all of these shots are taking a % chance to miss into account, if there is one please let me know roughly what cover they have so I can pick a target)

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

what's the little glowing dot thing on the map?


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
what's the little glowing dot thing on the map?

Nowzai's summon.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

AC 24 HP 60
immune to poison

Can i Attack the Yellow or Green Spiders?
Round 5
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
critical1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 damage 2d12 + 22 ⇒ (9, 9) + 22 = 40

Round 6
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
critical1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 damage 2d12 + 22 ⇒ (11, 7) + 22 = 40

If i can not reach the spiders i will pick up the torch and use that to attack the swarm spiders


You are within teach of the spiders, but per my last message, the next post and roll needs to be a save so you failed your distraction check so you are nauseated for 1 round and unable to act.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Round 6 || Initiative 19 || 53/53 hp || AC 23

Two more arrows at a spider (or whoever is left) and I'll also take a 5 foot step south:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:
You are within teach of the spiders, but per my last message, the next post and roll needs to be a save so you failed your distraction check so you are nauseated for 1 round and unable to act.

Sorry I forgot save roll because my fort is+11 so I can't fail (con +6 fighter +2 stonechild +3) +11


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

I also did not notice ettercap attack str 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Always fail on a 1.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Concentration DC 14: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

"Get away from the swarm! Your weapons are useless against it!"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:
Always fail on a 1.

Okay 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 fort save


Nowzai didn't make his Fort Save, either?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

HP 47/61 AC 22

Fort Save #1:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Fort Save #2:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Round 6

Epik withdraws backward from the swarm.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 6 (Init 16)

Nowzai:

hp 31 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status -1 Str

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, enlarge person, guided shot, shield, lsr orb of sound
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide, summon monster II
3rd: wind wall

Acid Dart 7 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 39 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Fortitude Save DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Reeling from the poison, Nowzai will cast wind wall, to block whatever direction the arrows were coming from.

The lantern archon floats five feet south, then shoots two light rays at the nearest spider.

Light Ray vs Yellow (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15; Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Light Ray vs Yellow (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11; Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Said the Spider to the Fly

Round 6

Init: Shriezyx, Epik, Malcolm, Nemoris, D, Nowzai, Archon, Elites, Harpoon, Dalamus, Swarm, Ettercaps, Magma, Spiders

Epik, covered in spiders, swats at them and pulls away from the swarm, drawing attacks from the giant spiders as he does so, but his armor prevents him from harm. As he pulls away from the mass, the spiders slide off of him to join their companions and he frees himself from the distraction.

Malcolm meanwhile whips out his light (move action) and shines it directly into the cavern hunting for a caster. He doesn't find one, but his bright light throws the shadows away and makes the room easier to perceive no more miss chance within 40 feet of Malcolm. He fires a shot at one of the spiders (green) blowing ichor all over the place.

Nemoris moves south and fires as well dropping one (green) spider and wounding the other.

Another bolt of lightning strikes down, on Magma this time, causing him to jump with the jolt of electricity.

Nowzai casts another spell, summoning up a roaring wall of air I placed it in front of Malcolm ... if you want it further back, please let me know. The glowing ball of light finishes popping into existence and floats south a bit, shooting two concentrated beams at the nearest spider searing it deeply. Arrows follow suit again but they hit the wall and fly up into the ceiling harmlessly. The swarm attempts to march forward but the spiders are bowled back and settle on chewing on the entangled Magma. The ettercap charges in and the spider attacks as well, but they both miss.

Magma:
With your darkvision, you can see two kobold elites beyond the edge of the light, flanking a third larger kobold. The third kobold looks eerily like the Captain except he's decked out in strange chitin armor with what appears to be some sort of spider-like helmet on. His hands spark with remnants of lightning. He is speaking.

Meanwhile, Dalamus disarms yet another trap.

A hiss in Draconic cuts through the dark.

Draconic:

"Bah, they are too much for the minions, Pinch Pinch go forward with my friend and end them. Kill that light thing first and then draw out the shooters. Take them one at a time."

"Brother, you still won't help?"

The second voice says, "Be thankful I don't shoot you, myself."

Round 6 for Magma, Round 7 for everyone else

The Dice:

Green vs Epik 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9; miss
Yellow vs Epik 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11; miss
Magma takes 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6) = 13 electrical damage; Ref Save DC 16 for half
Swarm vs Magma 1d6 ⇒ 6 damage and make Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated (non-poison based).
Spider (yellow) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13; miss
Ettercap vs Magma 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21; miss


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 7 (Init 16)

Nowzai:

hp 31 of 32
AC 14 (t 12, ff 12)
Status -1 Str

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: benign transposition, enlarge person, guided shot, shield, lsr orb of sound
2nd: baleful transposition, greater slide, summon monster II
3rd:

Acid Dart 7 uses remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Pearl of Power (1st) 1 use remaining (1/day)
Slippers of Spider Climbing 10 minutes remaining (10/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of mage armor 39 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

"Dalamus, get over here!" Nowzai takes in the battle and assesses the situation with a seemingly practiced calm. "They are trying to draw us in. Be careful, and move as a group. If anyone has a splash weapon, speak up now."

Nowzai will use a wand to cast mage armor upon himself.

With its Darkvision, can the archon see the casters/archers? If so, I'll have it move to get in range and fire its beams. Otherwise, continue attacking Yellow.

Light Ray vs X (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Light Ray vs X (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21; Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Darkvision:

With your darkvision, you can see two kobold elites beyond the edge of the light, flanking a third larger kobold. The third kobold looks eerily like the Captain except he's decked out in strange chitin armor with what appears to be some sort of spider-like helmet on. His hands spark with remnants of lightning. He is speaking.

Image here


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 6
AC 24 HP 52
Fort
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Reflex
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Strength
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Attack Ettercap or the Yellow spider
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
critical1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Negative energy resist 5
does that mean i only take 8 of the 13 lighting damage?

if so AC 24 HP 44 or HP 39

i will try and move out of the Swarm
i will point out were the 2 elites are with the caster

Round 7
i will continue to point out the elites and caster
Fort
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Strength
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Attack Ettercap or the Yellow spider
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
critical1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 damage 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Magma Iron Clan wrote:

Negative energy resist 5

does that mean i only take 8 of the 13 lighting damage?

This is electrical damage not negative energy. Negative energy is necromantic life-sucking damage, like harm or inflict damage or finger of death spells.

Updated Map


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Three more kobold elites ahead, hidden in the dark. One is the magic user... probably the 'Spider'."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:
Magma Iron Clan wrote:

Negative energy resist 5

does that mean i only take 8 of the 13 lighting damage?

This is electrical damage not negative energy. Negative energy is necromantic life-sucking damage, like harm or inflict damage or finger of death spells.

Updated Map

thanks


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Round 7 HP 47 AC 22

Epik will pull out a flask of oil and pitch it at the swarm. Does anyone have a lit torch?

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 7 - AC 20 / HP 46 / Init 20

"Nowzai can I shot through your windwall or will my shots also deflect?"

If the wind wall doesn't screw me in doing this - I will attempt to throw my torch about 50' into the center of the room so Nemoris and I have vision to the kobolds in the back. It should be a touch AC 5 at a -8 for the distance

Thrown Light - To Hit Touch AC 5 -1d20 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 8 = 17

One shot on the caster

To Hit Touch AC -1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Confirm Crit Touch AC - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
4d8 + 44 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 8) + 44 = 64

If I can't throw the torch then I will take another two shots at anything close I can see with the light, also looking on the ceiling for more spiders

To Hit Touch AC -1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Well shoot at anything without having to shoot through the wall if it will mess up my shot. If I can't shoot I will try and find Magma's dropped torch and light the oil.


You can't throw and shoot w/ 2 separate weapons using rapid shot. The windwall is only 5' high, so you can lob the torch over the top of it. Not an option for arrows or bullets.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Yeah I wasn't using rapid shot if I throw the torch, just one shot if I was able to throw the torch and shoot through the wall, the two attacks are only if I am not able to throw and shoot through the wall.

If it's only 5' and I am 6'2" does that give me any options to be able to shoot over it?

but if I can't shoot and throw can I throw the torch and hide from the caster or is it still to bright in here?

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34


I think you figured it out, throwing the torch is a standard action, so no shot combined with it.

You're not shooting over the wall. I'll give you the lob for the torch because I'm nice.

You need something to hide behind or in. Since Magma's torch is sitting somewhere near you with a 20' light radius, there are no shadows to hide in


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will head over to aid in the fight. Does Dalamus have a shot at the ettercap with his bow?


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

"How long is this spell going to last? I can't fire anything through it! Do we want to all fall back, and let them come to us? Seems like this is hindering our group more than the enemy!"


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Really?" Nowzai scoffs. "It prevented the swarm of spiders from overtaking us, as we have nothing to fight it off on hand. And also kept their archers, which only two of us can target, from pinioning us with arrows."

"Once the swarm is dispersed, I recommend we charge forward, as a group, and engage their mage and archers together."


Said the Spider to the Fly

Round 7

Init: Shriezyx, Epik, Malcolm, Nemoris, D, Nowzai, Archon, Elites, Harpoon, Dalamus, Swarm, Ettercaps, Magma

A horrible shriek erupts from inside the cavern.

Magma and Lantern Archon:
A horrendous looking creature peels itself away from the wall to the west, scuttling forward 5 feet to attack the archon. It looks like an armored 3-foot tall spider with only 3 eyes and green venom dripping from it's fangs. It attacks in a whirlwind of teeth and claws ripping through the archon's form as if it were nothing. The archon reels from the damage and poison but soldiers on (4 hps remaining, down 2 Str)

Image here

Epik turns and unstoppers a flask of oil, hucking it over the wind wall to splatter in the swarm. Tons of the spiders are covered in oil. Magma's torch flickers enticingly nearby but not close enough to light it.

Malcolm tosses his light into the cavern ahead, it tumbles end over end, but lands roughly where he wants it to, bounces a bit and settles illuminating the 2 kobold elites at the end of the room flanking a third larger kobold. The third kobold looks eerily like the Captain except he's decked out in strange chitin armor with what appears to be some sort of spider-like helmet on. His hands spark with remnants of lightning.
Image Here

Nemoris curses and stomps, holding his action You may act on anyone else's turn if you wish.

The kobold shaman holds his hands up and brings them down, calling another bolt of lightning to strike Magma.

Nowzai uses a wand and the archon turns it's light rays on the new creature that can harm it striking it once. The elites change targets and shoot at Magma, but the arrows bounce off his armor.

Dalamus fires at the spider that he sees, but unaware of the wind wall, his arrow goes tumbling as it flies through it.

The swarm continues to chew on Magma. The ettercap, Magma, and the spider all exchange blows. In the end, the spider is dead and Magma gets clawed once, but the struggling breaks him free of the ettercap's webs. Magma kills the spider at the end of round 6 and misses the ettercap in Round 7. Magma is no longer entangled.

The Dice:

Shriezyx bite vs Archon 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15; HIT; Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Archon save vs poison 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11; FAIL: take1d2 ⇒ 1 Str Damage
Shriezyx claw vs Archon 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13; miss
Shriezyx claw vs Archon 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14; miss
Shriezyx claw vs Archon 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19; HIT; Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Shriezyx claw vs Archon 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28; HIT; 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22; CRIT! Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6
Magma take 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) = 13 electrical damage; Reflex Save DC16 for half
Elite vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12; miss
Elite vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19; miss
Swarm vs Magma Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 + Fort Save DC11 vs distraction
Ettercap bite vs Magma 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14; miss
Ettercap claw vs Magma 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24; HIT; Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ettercap claw vs Magma 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10; miss


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will take a 5' through the wind wall and take 2 shots at the caster.

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 4 = 28
Damage No Crit - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Confirm Crit Touch AC - 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 4 = 18
Damage - 4d8 + 44 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 7) + 44 = 55

To Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 4 = 15
Damage - 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

1,551 to 1,600 of 4,759 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.