Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,451 to 1,500 of 5,004 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Jade Regent | Crimson Throne | Skull & Shackles

2 - 2


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

2-3. Backtracking risks ambush and traps, since they know we're coming back. Better to flank them if we can through a different entrance.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

I vote to go and take care of the spider because we know it has one of the wands.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

I think it's a terrible idea to fight the lake monster afterwords. In the past we've continued to push on far after we've depleted ourselves, and 3 of us have nearly died because of it.

I'm fine with skipping the lake monster, as long as we completely skip it. I don't mind going back later or taking it on if we're at 100%, but saving it for last would have killed us last time.

2-1 for me, let's go after the spider first and see what we find.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

2-1 for me as well


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Confronting the Spider first is fine with Nowzai.


The Lucky Monkey

Will assume you left kobolds tied up, but watered and fed, unless someone says elsewise.

The Melted Ruins

The party comes to a rough consensus to approach the spider through the southern door as they come upon the winch house. They note the cable car is back down on the beach side and Dalamus quickly informs the party that the locking mechanism from the other side has been actuated. There's no way to move the cable car from here.

Perception DC:20, visual:
You see faint shadows flickering in the pale glow of the fungus, near the beachside winchhouse. The shadows draw your attention to a fleeting glimpse of a kobold elite warrior glancing out of the open window into the water

Map here

Getting married on Sat ... will continue to post as able until we get to something I can't do without the book


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 ... Lol, no...

Nowzai stares off into the water, pondeirng intently upon the nature of the beast that emerged to ravage the kobolds.

Knowledge (planes?):: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I thought you had said we take 10 on perception rolls or is that only for checking for traps as we walk around?


You can always take 10 in perception, for things like this or for the rolls I do. Sometimes I forget so just click it and go.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Dalamus, can you scale the cable and release the lock?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"We need to be cautious, there is an elite kobold in the winch-house below so anything moving across the rope will allow him to see us and alert the rest of the complex with the damn alarm stones. We need to think of a way to get down there and disable him without him seeing us. Suggestions?"

"Is there a way to arouse the water demon again? That wouldn't necessarily point to us being back, maybe that thing attacks at random?"

What is the range on the distance to the kobold? I will also watch to see if there is more then one in there.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Elder can you swap Malcolm and the Elite Kobold positions like you did with me and Dalamus?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Hmmm, what? Oh, yes, but I would need to get closer. The winch house is just out of range of my spell."

Eyeball the distance from the edge of the platform to the kobold as about 160 ft... my max range is 150. Ideas?


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Only thing I can really think of is to harness you to the cable, you could start to slide down and cast when you are on the way. Not sure how viable that is.

I can make a few attacks at that range, but I don't know if I'll be able to kill with a few hits. I also have another bow, for anyone who's strong enough to draw it.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Can I tell in the kobold is paying attention, or sleeping?

"I can try to sneak down there, and get across"


The elite is alert and seems to be scanning the water.

Nowzai estimate of distance is good.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

can we fix the winch?

how many Kobolds did the creature kill? I believe that 75 % of the Elites were kill by the creature how many could be left?

How many made it off the beach 8-10?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Are you willing to risk climbing the cable Dalamus? If the elite is watching for the water demon, you have a fair chance of sneaking across without him seeing you. If he raises the alert, just come back and we'll try something else.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"I am fine with that....I am not afraid of going down there and killing him either. If I can get across undetected, I can kill him without making any noise, then I can fix the cable car"


Need a stealth roll and then once you get to the winch house, you'll be in top of the cable car. You can come through the door in the north, the trapdoor in the ceiling or the open window to the east that the kobold is looking through.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

I'll draw my bow and ready an attack if the guard spots Dalamus.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will go through the door in the north, and then through the trapdoor.

Stealth
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Backstab attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Damage
1d4 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (5, 2, 5) = 17


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

I'll attack at the same time. Not sure if I need the Stealth roll, but in case:1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 5 = 20

Here are my rapid shot attacks, did not factor in distance, but I believe they should be at a -1 up to 220 feet:
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Edit: Sweet! Crit rolls:

If 22 hits: Crit Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Total Damage (ac 26): 10
(ac 22): 46
(any): 13


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Look at you, rolling in there, trying to steal my thunder!! :)


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

He may have succeeded is stealing it, that is F'n impressive on a lowly kobold, sadly though, Nemoris will now be worthless in all future combats as he used all of his good rolls for this part of the adventure. He might just want to stay up here and rest


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

i will wait until the cable car is back up at our end.

we are going to attack the Spider first right?


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Hah, I'll stay up here and fight, you want me to kill anything, bring it into range down there :)


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

lol...you may regret that, because when the heat comes I am running up that rope!! :)


I'm back!

Dalamus cracks the door open just a smidge and sees a kobold elite sitting in a chair asleep. Sneaking up to it, he slits its throat as quietly as possible but the creature gurgles as it dies.

Another elite at the window (the one spotted earlier) hears the noise and whirls whipping out an arrow and bringing it to his string. The unfortunate reptile never gets to nock it, though, as a slight whistle precedes 2 arrows sprouting from his head. The elite topples forward soundlessly.

Dalamus is able to send the cable car back and collect the rest of the party.

No one else in the winch house. Proceeding to spiders next unless there is an objection


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)
DM Fflash wrote:

I'm back!

Dalamus cracks the door open just a smidge and sees a kobold elite sitting in a chair asleep. Sneaking up to it, he slits its throat as quietly as possible but the creature gurgles as it dies.

Another elite at the window (the one spotted earlier) hears the noise and whirls whipping out an arrow and bringing it to his string. The unfortunate reptile never gets to nock it, though, as a slight whistle precedes 2 arrows sprouting from his head. The elite topples forward soundlessly.

Dalamus is able to send the cable car back and collect the rest of the party.

No one else in the winch house. Proceeding to spiders next unless there is an objection

I have to admit, playing that out in my minds eye looked so bad ass! Well done guys!

To the spider!


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

I agree, the way that all unfolded was pretty awesome!

Once everyone is back done, onto the spider!


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Yes on to the spider. time to collect our belongings


Spider Nest

The party renters through the Southern Entrance past the area of the bizarre ritual that Jekkajak was holding and into the hallway leading to the Spider Ruins.

Dalamus holds the party up as he notices a kobold elite patrol wandering past the door to the Spider. The patrol takes the door into the Storeroom and the party moves quickly into the Spider's "foyer" where they encountered Skayven and the purple creature earlier. The dog-sized spiders are in the area still and stare at the adventurers unflinchingly.

A voice calls out in Draconic and Nowzai translates (assuming since he's out of town ... jump in if you wish Nowzai)

"Welcome back. Looks like you've done a fine job. Come in to my throne room to gather your reward ... " There's a slight grunt and what sounds like another voice. The first voice begins to respond and then the whole exchange is no longer audible to the party.

Map here


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Well, this is why we are here...."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

I will take out some torches just in case we need to burn some webs. who has the slippers? they can walk through the webs at will right?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will have my pistol drawn but pointed down, ready for any trouble.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Bow out as always, no arrow nocked though. Before we enter the Spider chamber (on the way down the lift let's say), I'll remind everyone, "Keep in mind that the last time we dealt with this creature, it sent us out with a traitor who attacked us. Let's not make the mistake of trusting it again..."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

anyone wearing the slippers can walk thur the webs? Is anyone wearing them?

Let's go and get this over with


Magma Iron Clan wrote:

anyone wearing the slippers can walk thur the webs? Is anyone wearing them?

Let's go and get this over with

Nowzai has them and is wearing them but they dont give web bonuses. The description is here:

When worn, a pair of these slippers enables movement on vertical surfaces or even upside down along ceilings, leaving the wearer's hands free. Her climb speed is 20 feet. Severely slippery surfaces—icy, oiled, or greased surfaces—make these slippers useless. The slippers can be used for 10 minutes per day, split up as the wearer chooses (minimum 1 minute per use).


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

thanks


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik draws his sword.

"We will go not go any further into your den. Will you provide the remaining wands of water control or not? I warn you that we will find the wands with or without your help. It will be easier for you if you cooperate."

Intimidate roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Epik again detects evil on the area.


There is no reply to Epiks demand. Press ahead or wait?

Epik detects no evil in range.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

let walk ahead we need the wand and our stuff return


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Agreed....They have shown no acts of aggression towards us so far, but that may have changed with Epiks boast! "


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will whisper quietly

"I don't like the idea of walking into this cave with all of these spiders and whatever that creature was that came out to retrieve our things before, if we are going to go in after the spider, we need to clear out and kill any creature on the way or we are setting ourselves up to be overrun once we are in it's lair. I am all for going in to get the wand, but going in thinking that this thing will not try and kill us once we get there is foolish.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

I'll use detect lycanthropes as well just in case.

"Seems like we're setting ourselves up for them if we just walk into it's lair... If they want to send someone out, that's one thing, but I'm not going to just walk in after all that we've been through down here."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"Let's circle back after we've explored the rest of the ruins. This feels too much like a trap."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

okay lets charge and kill the kobolds at the end of hall and sweep through the rest complex

if we are agreed i will charge and hold the door


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Still whispering

"I think we need to get the wands that we know about first, before any of them have a chance to leave, I think if we go in fast and hard we can take this wand, I don't see any reason to wait until we are more injured to come back into what looks to be a tough fight, lets go now while we are all well rested"

1,451 to 1,500 of 5,004 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.