Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,401 to 1,450 of 4,900 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Malcolm Reigns wrote:
How far away is the captain from me at the top of the cliff?

About 145 feet

Map here


Crossing the Lake Skill Challenge Turn 4

Dalamus sees what Nowzai is pointing at and with a couple quick twists of his sword and dagger, he's able to flip the spinning cable on the winch up and over the larger, unused gear. Almost instantly the winch gets harder to push, but with every step the cable car moves so much farther. Malcolm runs in to join the team and through Herculean effort, the cable car arrives at the beach this turn.

The elites are able to hold off the thrashing monster by throwing the last of the slaves at it and they withdraw further down the beach, arrows continually flying overhead ineffectually at the creature.

Crossing the Lake Skill Challenge Turn 5

Magma and Nemoris board the cable car and with the increased leverage, it takes nearly no time whatsoever to get them across, leaving the chaos on the beach behind. It's almost disheartening to watch the Lake Monster decimate 75% of the elite kobold warband, but watch is all the party can do.

END SKILL CHALLENGE; everyone gains 400xp; this hit a month of real time today, and I figured the hard (enjoyable) part was over, so in the spirit of moving with the story ...

The party heads out of the cavern, back into the jungle ... plus one halfling who looks at Epik hesitantly as you step outside, "You said I could go if I helped, I'm assuming you intend to keep your word. If you'll let me leave you here, I'll give what I know to your friend about his sister and then depart."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Thank you for your help Skaven, I am not sure we would have made it out of there alive without you. We could still use your help in retrieving the rest of the wands, would you be willing to lead us through the traps again tomorrow or maybe draw us a detailed map that we could us to avoid most of the dangers?"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"You are free to go Skayven. As Malcolm said, we would appreciate your continued help in retrieving the remaining wands."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Skaven, I think this is yours." I will give him back his book "Thank you again for helping us, I hope you will help us further to save the people of Cauldron from certain death. And any information you can share about my sister, I will be indebted to you."


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai looks less than impressed with setting free the halfling, but keeps his temper and remains silent.

"Come, we still need to get back to the inn."


Skayven accepts the book and looks at you all incredulously, "There's no way I'll ever walk back into that cavern of my own volition. I helped you solely because of your promise to release me. You still destroyed what we were working on and after this moment, I hope I never see you again. I'll have to restart my studies and experiments some where else, far away from fools like you all."

He begins to walk off and then remembers, "Ah, yes, gunslinger ... your sister. She's alive, but in the hands of far more powerful people than me. So much so that they've cursed us into not revealing their identities or what they're about, but I can tell you something that they don't know, sheerly by happenstance. That man," Skayven points at Dalamus, "is marked just like your sister, and some day they'll figure it out and they'll come for him. So my advice to you, if you wish to find your sister? Stick close to him like glue."

And with that, he walks off.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus is stunned by the revelation "wait....What are you talking about? How am I, or....What do you even mean by marked?"


Without looking back, the wizard says, "I'm sure you'll figure it out ... eventually." And then he fades from sight.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"I am not going to lie, I really want to shoot that halfling..."

"If it makes sense, we should rest for the night and move back into the hideout again tomorrow, they will be on alert, so it's going to be much more difficult. I am sorry if my actions caused more problems then they solved."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Before we go Elder you should unfix the winch so that it is broken and or hard to operate.

did we keep any of his magical gear?

We still need to go back and retrieve the other 3 wands for them to work right?

Did Triel Body make it off the beach?
We are going to need that head to prove she is dead and we some points with the town guard


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus is visibly bothered by what the wizard said "Ok...This revelation is most disturbing, for me. Malcolm, do you have any idea what he was referring to?"

"We need to get some place to heal up, I know I cannot continue on, I can barely stand"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"Let's head back to the inn and rest for the night. I'll heal everyone up in the morning. Tomorrow, we'll come back and finish this."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

did the Kobolds escape? do we still have the Horses?


The remaining few kobold elites and the Captain made it back inside with Triel's body and the Lake Monster gorged on the bodies of the dozen or so kobolds on the beach. You didn't hang around to wathc much more.

The horses are outside and still fine, as well as the 2 kobolds you tied up and left in the winchhouse.

The halfling walked away with his clothes and the book Malcolm gave him, that's it. You took the rest.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"I'm not going back in there, Magma. With that lake demon roused, I'm sure the kobolds will not be going anywhere soon. We need to rest and heal, and return in the morning like Epik said. We still have to retrieve the remaining wands."

Nowzai looks at Malcolm, looking like he's about to say something pointed, but instead sighs and retains his weary calm. "Hopefully Triel is dead for good, and those kobolds don't have some twisted magic on hand to raise her, live or undead. Either way, we cannot give them the opportunity to regain the initiative."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Elder i was talking about the ones we tie up before we went in. Not the ones at the beach


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
DM Fflash wrote:

The remaining few kobold elites and the Captain made it back inside with Triel's body and the Lake Monster gorged on the bodies of the dozen or so kobolds on the beach. You didn't hang around to wathc much more.

The horses are outside and still fine, as well as the 2 kobolds you tied up and left in the winchhouse.

Whew, that was close. Let's get back to the Inn. What do we want to do with the prisoners? I can probably carry both on my horse, tied up and slung across, as long as I walk.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"I am not sure what the halfing meant Dalamus, but you have my word I will be here as long as you require to make sure that we can find the answers and to make sure that you do not also fall into the same pit as my sister. Perhaps tonight we could spend some time together discussing any similarities you have with Katrina."

I will move back down the cave with Dalamus if he wants to try and disable the winch, or if I could use Engineering to disable it I will go solo.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


The party presses on into the night, leading the horses, exhausted and with 2 prisoners, but quietly discussing amongst themselves the possibilities of this latest revelation.

The path is a bit more arduous under the faint moonlight and a couple times, Nemoris holds the party up as something large and potentially unfriendly roots around in the jungle nearby, but thankfully the group is able to avoid any violent encounters.

The party returns to the Lucky Monkey finding it locked up, but the last discussion Nemoris and Nowzai had with Shensen reminded them that she'd leave a key in a pot behind the inn and checking there the party finds its way into the inn.

There is food and drink a plenty as well as many rooms. Shensen has cleaned up the gore in the kitchen and it looks fairly useable. There are three freshly dug graves out near the jungle's edge marked with the innkeepers' and a couple others' names.

You have the run of the inn. For those that have YET to level up, please do so now. Distribute healing, select spells etc. (Magma, are there any undistributed magic items, still?) At this point we'll switch to the fast track XP table. If anyone levels up, please place it in the OOC tab along with your current XP total. Those that haven't leveled up yet, please still place your current XP total in the OOC tab. I am dropping action point usage in return for the expedited XP growth.

Once that is complete, need your plan for the morning


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Let me know your current and max HP for healing.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Epik wrote:
Let me know your current and max HP for healing.

Currently at 6 max 49

We have not Identified all of Halfling Gear or what items he had.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will apply 3 x LOH for Magma and himself:

Magma HP=6 + 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ 6 + (5, 5) + 4 + (5, 4) + 4 + (3, 3) + 4 = 43

Epik HP=12 + 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ 12 + (5, 6) + 4 + (5, 1) + 4 + (6, 5) + 4 = 52


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

The only thing not identified was the *cough*pearl of power*cough*, which had too high a DC for me.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Epik wrote:

Epik will apply 3 x LOH for Magma and himself:

Magma HP=6+2d6+4+2d6+4+2d6+4

Epik HP=12+2d6+4+2d6+4+2d6+4

I am at full HP


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Epik wrote:

Epik will apply 3 x LOH for Magma and himself:

Magma HP=6+2d6+4+2d6+4+2d6+4

Epik HP=12+2d6+4+2d6+4+2d6+4

I am at full HP

after i rest


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Lets head back to the caverns at first light.


Anything from Dalamus or Nemoris ... (Malcolm alibied in OOC). Epik asked about hps, only one person replied. Anyone else? Anything you want to grab from the inn? If nothing else at the Lucky Monkey, what's the plan once you return to the cavern?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

are there any clerics or healers at the Lucky Monkey that would be willing to heal us for a donation to his church and another paid night at the inn?
In the Morning i will check before Epik does his healing.

That way Epik can save his healing for the return to the tunnels.

Are there any constables at the Inn we could turn over the Kobolds we captured?

Have we identify all the Gear we took from Triel and Skayen?

That is all i have


There is no one at the inn.

I think you've id'd everything. Looking to you to tell me.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus is at 3/41

Barely standing at this point ;)


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai will be ready to return in the morning.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Malcolm where are you for hit points?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

3 x LOH for Dalamus

New HP =2d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 4 + 3 + 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 + (2, 4) + 4 + 3 + (3, 3) + 4 = 32

Let's head back to the caverns and proceed down to the cable cars.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Potion Cure Light Wounds - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

With that I am at full HP 61/61


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I am good to head back to the cavern when everyone is ready


Awaiting Magma and Epik to level up and post XP totals in OOC.

In the mean time, Epik heals the party in the morning (a reminder that you gain your level in hps for resting), the party preps some breakfast, cleans up their mess and heads back to the cave, arriving at the cable car.

Epik:
You toss and turn throughout the night, dreaming, as you often do, of a large, dark shadowy being, equal parts raging and hopelessly despairing. Your thoughts begin to drift toward the creature you saw last night and the divine sensation you felt as it neared the surface of the water. You see the creature coming from below you and then you become it, racing to the surface of the black, cold lake, blurred kobolds in front of you. Like a drowning man gasping for air, you break out the water and awaken in a cold sudden sweat, shooting straight out of bed. Your dream has unlocked memories or knowledge, you aren't sure. All you know is that you're now aware.

You may now detect chaotic or evil outsiders as part of your detect evil ability. You must choose if you wish to add the discriminators when you activate the ability. Additionally, you are certain the Lake Monster is a demon and it meets your requirement to kill one.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Before we head out in the morning I would like to gather the group at the inn so I can say the following.

"Everyone, I feel as though I owe you all an apology. Things got rather heated in the caverns, I let my emotions override my ability to reason and in doing so, my actions put the entire group at risk. Finding my sister is paramount to me but it shouldn't put other peoples lives at risk, I lost sight of that in the heat of the moment and put you all, and an entire city at risk. I am asking for you all to forgive me and I hope you will allow me to continue on with you as I see now that sticking with you will move me closer to my quest. I will put what is best for the group ahead of my own personal mission if my mission will jepordize any lives, all I ask is that you also consider what is at stake for me and allow me to pursue my desire to find my sister."

"I will let you all discuss in private"

With that, Malcolm moves back across the room, out of earshot and double checks his gear


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8

I think we can use all of the help that we can get, a few times there we only escaped by the skin of our teeth! What does everyone else think?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Yes we can use his help but we have to remember what we were here to do. Lucky for us the lake monster took care of most of the Kobolds, we need to go back in there to retrieve the last 3 wands of control water. Hopefully Triel is dead and stays dead.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai nods sagely. "She should be dead, but who can know what vile magics these kobolds have at their disposal. We must be cautious."


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"I think we should give Malcolm another shot, but if he gets out of control again, we will need to have him restrained. His personal agenda is getting very dangerous for a lot of other people. I for one, should share his vision as I have been marked, but the craziness in his eyes....well, like I said we would have to handle it differently should that happen again"

"I feel really good about going back in! I feel stronger than I have ever felt, and full of vitality! We know that a lot of the enemies have been handled, and we know we can take Triel should we need to again.....It is those damn spiders that are complete unknowns. Let's finish what we came here to do!"


Lucky Monkey

Please feel free to continue the dialogue at the Lucky Monkey regarding Malcolm and anything else. Going to flex to the Melted Ruins

Still outstanding here: what did you do with the 2 kobolds? Any gear swaps not already identified? Not sure if Nemoris is wearing the spiked full plate or not

Melted Ruins

The party returns to the top of the cliff by the winch room. Surveying the beach down ahead of them, the carnage from the night before has become nothing more than a brown discoloration in the sandy beach. The marks and tracks of the Lake Monster's thrashing are still visible as well as a couple stray pieces of armor and arrows. Other than that, though no signs of anything living or dead.

What's the plan from here? Where do you wish to enter? Are you intending to go back to the spider locale, look for the wands, hunt for Triel or the Captain?

I'll post a new map this evening if required, but there are multiple entrances to the ruins that you have not tried and one that you've used.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Oh yeah, I'm definitely wearing the plate.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Lucky Monkey

"I am honestly not sure what to do with the kobolds, I am not sure if any cities would even bother to try and imprison them or just kill them as vermin. Thoughts?"

Melted Ruins

"I think we should think about clearing as we go, and I think taking this water demon thing while we are the most rested is the best course of action, I don't want to run into that thing on our way out if we are hurting as bad as we were the last time."

"From there I think we need to go to the spider and get our gear and the wand from him, one way or another."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"We need to focus on getting the wands. I support killing the water demon, but doing so before we secure the wands will unnecessarily weaken us, and will certainly alert the guards. Let's try to sneak back into the ruins, using a different entrance this time. If I recall correctly, there were both southern and northern entrances that we did not explore ... let's try the southern. And I think we should be leary about trusting the spider."


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"I agree, Epik... bypass the demon unless we need to confront it. Let's return to Triel's chambers and work from there, so that we have a point of reference if we get lost."


Melted Ruins

So, a few options on the table:

1 - Kill Lake Monster first
2 - Kill after

1 - Go to Spider
2 - Go to Triel
3 - Enter another door and sneak in


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Don't worry about the lake monster, unless we have to.

Go to triel, lets not blaze any new trails yet....We may be able to walk right in, and get to her.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Starting where we left off isn't a bad idea at all, hopefully we can just avoid the demon entirely."

1,401 to 1,450 of 4,900 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.