Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,351 to 1,400 of 4,867 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Malcolm Reigns wrote:

Round 6 - AC 20 / HP 10 / Init 6

I will drink a potion, I do have more nails but I think that it takes a disable device to jam it correct?

CMW Potion - 2d8+3

Sorry, forgot you were pretty beat up too, I can hit you with the heal if you'd rather.

Round 7:

Work on the winch again (hopefully they were able to get to the other side and we can start bringing it back down)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Flight by Cable Car Round 6 (cont)

Initiative: Magma, Dalamus, Skayven, Captain, Slaves, Elites, Epik, Nowzai, Lake Monster, Nemoris, Malcolm

Malcolm quaffs a potion and looks at the door, noting that this one (unlike the others) is a simple wooden door vice a spinning stone contraption and he could probably jam it effectively. Nemoris heals insert Magma or Malcolm here

BREAK BREAK

At this point, we're transitioning to a skill challenge. The cable car hits the cliff at the beginning of this turn and Magma closes the door. The kobolds will be busy fighting the Lake Monster and will be attempting to move Triel to the north. They will move her 10' per round without any outside interruption. If they retreat inside the building, the Lake Monster turns on the party

Each member of the party gets 1 action per turn, either a full/standard action or a skill check. Skill checks should be based on getting the party across the chasm and can include Climb, Swim, Strength or Balance checks. A party member can choose some other sort of action to affect the kobolds to decrease their movement rate or to affect their companions to increase their likelihood of success. Creativity is key here.

Initiative is irrelevant, everyone goes every turn, questions now, otherwise give me your Turn 1 actions or skill rolls


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

If Nemoris decides to heal me, here is my round 6 heal

3d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6, 4) + 5 = 20

Round 7

Waiting to see if Nowzai can use his transport spells and then I will move, I am in Portland with family right now so I am sorry I have been delaying the game a bit.

Will it be a skill check to jam the door? Also I don't see the captain on the map anymore. Did he move? Or Triel, is she the red X?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Nemoris wrote:

Round 6:

Magma, do you need healing? Depending on his answer I'd heal him, or work on the winch again.

Winch: 1d20+4

yes

HP 6 AC 23

if i can move the winch in Round 7

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Will it be a skill check to jam the door? Also I don't see the captain on the map anymore. Did he move? Or Triel, is she the red X?

Jam the door with a Str Check

The Captain is to the NW between the 2 sleeping (gray X) kobolds. Triel is the gray X and green outline underneath one of the kobolds to the west of the Lake Monster.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

If I wanted to stop Triel by killing her, does that work in this system? For example...I could either try to shoot her from a distance, or maybe try to sneak up in all the chaos and assassinate her.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Did I use the wand yet, or is that the round yet unresolved?

DoT: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6


@Dalamus ... yes as long as its one action per turn

@Nowzai, no Round 7 actions were never resolved. If you would like to keep your Round 7 action for this skill challenge, I'll resolve it in the first turn.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will fire Triel

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Damage

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8
DM Fflash wrote:
@Nowzai, no Round 7 actions were never resolved. If you would like to keep your Round 7 action for this skill challenge, I'll resolve it in the first turn.

Wand of acid on Triel was round 6...


Negative, Malc ... err Nowzai.

Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Round 6

Nowzai frowns, "On second thought, Skayven has a good point." Nowzai aims his wand at the leader and sends another acid bolt its way.

DM Fflash wrote:

Flight by Cable Car Round 6

... Epik prepares for Nowzai's spell which never happens as the wizard launches another arrow of acid, missing wide this time as the wily Captain leaps away.

You mismarked your Round 7 post.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)
DM Fflash wrote:
Negative, Malc ... err Nowzai.

I See What You Did There.

I am still waiting to see if Nowzai has enough of the transport spells and if he has enough range to swap Dalamus and I for Magma and Nermoris

I will run up the rope and ask him I guess, if it's possible I would like to offer for him to swap me for Magma first and if needs be I will run back up and swap with Nemoris.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Heal for Malcolm for that round.


Crossing the Lake Skill Challenge Turn 1

The party takes the lull in direct combat to surge towards getting across the lake. Malcolm runs up the rope gaining a heal from Nemoris before he departs (3d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 3, 4) + 5 = 18), his balance immaculate and he breezes across at death defying speed. Epik, Nowzai, and Skayven step off, while Magma begins to crank the cable car back.

Nowzai and Dalamus both strike the limp form of the priestess, but the acid arrow and bolt sink into her body without so much as a winch from the woman. Skayven adds a quick spell to the mix, and the kobolds around the priestess slow to a crawl.

The kobolds fire arrow after arrow into the amphibious beast who shrugs them off like gnats, taking out another 2 kobolds in his frenzy. The Captain continues to shout combat orders in Draconic and the whole beach scene turns into a full-scale withdrawal.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I had rolled the heal from round 6 already, you had said in your post he needed to decide who he was healing with his heal action, he hasn't done anything in round 7 yet.

"Nowzai, can you swap me for Magma? He is badly injured and won't be able to swim across the lake, if you have another one I will run back and you can swap me for Nemoris as well"


Yeah, copy ... The car is 10' further then. BTW, Malcolm is only 30' up the rope, not chatting with Nowzai yet.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"No matter what, we cannot leave Triel here! We must either kill her, or retrieve her! If need be, I will run down there and fight for her myself, but giving her back like that is worse than murder! She will murder many more now!"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 13/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Turn 2. Epik will help work the winch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

In these unique rounds, can I move up the rope and take a shot?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

NM, I see where you said a skill check or an action, since moving up the rope is a skill check that would be the only action. Once I am up the rope can I move and fire or is move considered an action?


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
NM, I see where you said a skill check or an action, since moving up the rope is a skill check that would be the only action. Once I am up the rope can I move and fire or is move considered an action?

Since you're not really in combat, the exact movement/positioning is irrelevant if it doesn't require a skill check as long as it's minor movement.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
"Nowzai, can you swap me for Magma? He is badly injured and won't be able to swim across the lake, if you have another one I will run back and you can swap me for Nemoris as well"

"Yes," Nowzai yells to respond. "But only once. Otherwise, I am spent of magic."

Cast baleful transposition, as requested. You have the DoT from the acid arrow already.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Malcolm yells out, "Who has the bag of holding? We need to get Nemoris's armor into the bag so he can swim, or Magma's if his is easier to remove!"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Me or Nemoris has the bag of holding


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8

My armor isn't coming off anytime soon. Weight isn't the issue, it's how slow I swim in this plate! Perhaps Magma's can come off, but for me it's the winch, magic, or nothing

Round 1 I will work on the winch as well: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Edit: Want to point out that's 2 rounds with 24 then 21 for the winch, think my first one got lost in the mix.


Your first 1 got them to the wall, second one was lost in mix and I will add it in for next map along with this one.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Str check for the winch not sure what round we are in

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
DM Fflash wrote:
Your first 1 got them to the wall, second one was lost in mix and I will add it in for next map along with this one.

Good deal, thanks!


Sorry guy just switched computers so all my stuff is on the other one including maps, gimme a bit and I'll get the maps updated

But for now

Crossing the Lake Skill Challenge Turn 2

Malcolm continues charging up the rope, getting closer to Nowzai as he hollers, about 2/3 of the way there. Nowzai preps the spell but holds off watching the acid melt through Triel's body. He squints seeing no reaction out of her, nor even a rise and fall of her chest. Dalamus, seeing that she's dead, moves back to the winch along with Epik I assume? adding to the effective strenght of Nemoris and Magma.

The cable car moves 25 feet this round for a total of 35 moved this skill challenge.

Down below the battle rages, and the kobolds only move a few feet. The Captain orders some of the quicker,stronger elites in to pick up Triel's body from the slowed slaves. Skaven frowns and casts another spell, and the kobold leader's lips are invisibly sewn shut, effectively shutting him up. The halfling allows himself a smug grin.

The Dice:

Malcolm Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Dalamus Str Checl 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Captain Fort Save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

How far across is the lake? Meaning, if I could tie off my rope at the halfway point on the wire, would 50' be enough to swing across, or at least far enough to throw another rope and pull the heavies across?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 13/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Turn 3. Epik continues to help work the winch. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
How far across is the lake? Meaning, if I could tie off my rope at the halfway point on the wire, would 50' be enough to swing across, or at least far enough to throw another rope and pull the heavies across?

100' across and 80 feet up the cliff, so the cable is ... well you do the math. 50' of rope probably won't do what you intend.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Turn 3
Strength check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Turn 3 Str check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Malcolm ,Dalamus, Nowzai?


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

"Can anyone teleport Triels body"

Dalamus will continue to work the Winch.

If not, Dalamus is going back down to try and steal the body


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

roughly how many rounds are we looking at to get the cart down and back up?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai gives up on the spell and moves to the winch mechanism. Looking it over, he tries to determine a more efficient method of use, to speed up the crossing.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
roughly how many rounds are we looking at to get the cart down and back up?

You can guess the math as easy as I can. 10' for each winch that's successfully used + 5 for each addtl helper for a maximum of 40' per round. Car Is currently 35 feet away from the high cliff.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Last Acro Check - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Crossing the Lake Skill Challenge Turn 3

Malcolm runs further arriving just above the cable car this round as it moves the opposite direction, hopping over it.

The four members working on the winches struggle and groan collectively moving the cable car another 25 feet (for a total of 60 feet moved, about halfway)

Nowzai studies the contraption for a moment and mumbles aloud as he notices an unused gear. Skayven, spent on spells, ducks in to watch him.

Nowzai:

You think that with a fairly easy Disable Device check (DC15) and the cable car not moving, you could engage this larger gear. If you attempt the rerig while moving the DC increases to 25.

Benefit: X2 movement on each Str check but the larger gear is harder to move, causing an increase to DC13 on the Str checks.

Down below, the elites get confused as the Captain ceases to give orders and fail to act. The kobold leader uses a knife to cut the stitching in his mouth, causing blood to gush as he does so, and returns to bellowing orders as he winces painfully

No kobold movement this round

The Dice:

Dalamus Str Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Hold up! We can get this working faster with a little fix," Nowzai tells the others. He quickly explains what needs to be done to Dalamus, hoping the rogue's skills are up to the test.

Dalamus can read the spoiler above?


Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:


Dalamus can read the spoiler above?

sure


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 4

strength check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus looks at Nowzai "ahhh, I didn't notice that!"

Disable Device
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 13/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Turn 4: str check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

So am I at the top now or do I need another check?


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
So am I at the top now or do I need another check?

We'll say you're at the top since I said you were 2/3 the way last round, for some reason I thought your movement was 40. No big deal. You're there.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

How far away is the captain from me at the top of the cliff?


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Round 4: Str check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

1,351 to 1,400 of 4,867 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.