Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Screaming Jungle


1,251 to 1,300 of 4,697 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Before everyone starts firing, can we see if my command to not attack us works?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Cure Serious wounds
3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 7) + 5 = 15

Sorry


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Magma Iron Clan wrote:

HP 54 AC 23

Attack +11 great axe

Corrected Stats

HP 40 AC 23


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Sure, Dalamus will hold his fire upon hearing Malcolms offer


Flight by Cable Car Round 1 cont

Initiative: Captain, Slaves, Elites, Magma, Dalamus, Malcolm, Epik, Nowzai, Nemoris

Malcolm shouts out his threat, and the elites waver until The Captain growls something at them and they refocus their aim. The gunslinger doesn't hang around and wait, though and slips down into the building.

Draconic:
"Idiots, if they wanted her dead, they wouldn't be hauling her out of here all trussed up. They need her alive, he's stalling .. and now he's gone. Fire team 1, support the vanguard. Fire team 2, cable car, the halfling is expendable."

Epik hold his fire initially, but Nowzai quickly translates, so he lets fly. The great distance is harder to aim, and the paladin's arrow flies wide as does Dalamus' beside him. However, the cable car lurches to a stop.

Inside, the action about them causes Magma to lose his concentration and the cable car makes no progress this round. Nemoris heals Magma quickly with the wand.

Everyone other than Malcom has move actions if they wish to use them

Nowzai, i can't see the map, assuming your spell is in range, the following applies:

One of the kobold elites collapses forward snoring.

Top of the order Round 2, ACTIONS?

The Dice:

Kobold will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Kobold will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
DM Fflash wrote:

Malcolm

Nemoris

I assumed you were helping, did you stop to heal Magma, then? You can only use 1 charge per standard action, so 1 per round.

Sounds good, I'll heal myself this round per my roll and then Magma next round. For my move action I'll get into cover behind the window and ready my shield

What's the plan, I don't know if we'll survive a fight!


I forgot to mention since the map is poor. There is a door on the north wall.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

How far is the Cable car from us?

how far is the Cable car from the cliff?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Nowzai, What did he say!?"

I am still going to use Triel as a human shield and continue with that action of dragging her out with the obvious threat to her life.


Each square is 10'


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Round 2

Epik fires again at the Captain. Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:
Each square is 10'

does that mean i have four DC 10 Checks to get them to the cliff?


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus tells everyone in the car with him "I am going to climb the rope to the top, and try to get the car moving from up there"

Dalamus will then climb out of the car, and move as quickly as he can up the rope

Assuming Acro check? How many?

Acrobatics
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Magma Iron Clan wrote:
DM Fflash wrote:
Each square is 10'

does that mean i have four DC 10 Checks to get them to the cliff?

If it is 4 squares and you don't get help, yes.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Use the wand again.


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

"Nowzai, What did he say!?"

I am still going to use Triel as a human shield and continue with that action of dragging her out with the obvious threat to her life.

Are you opening the door.then?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
"Nowzai, What did he say!?"

"He said he didn't believe your foolish bluff!"

A human shield? Yet killing her outright would have been 'wrong'...


Need to have a small map reset before we move on ... I apologize, I was reading multiple entries/notes to myself thinking they were the same location and I got confused when away from the notes.

The only door into the western winch building is in the foyer ... the wall to the east of the foyer was false and has been knocked down by Dalamus, earlier. There is a ladder and a trapdoor in the ceiling allowing access to the cable car and a window looking east over the water south of the winch wheel

Again, I sincerely apologize for the confusion. If that changes anyone's actions/placements, please let me know in the next 24 hours


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Can i estimate long
A) long the Kobolds will take to get to us
B) how many turns it will take the cable car to get to cliff.

I would like to drink the potion of Aid and move the Cable car to the cliff


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

So is there a door I have to open to get to her? A door to open to get her out? I am really confused as to what you are trying to describe.


One door into the building, its on the map. It goes into the foyer. One trapdoor in the ceiling since you were on the roof. One window in the east wall just south of the winch wheel.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

I'll heal Magma in round 2, and assist on moving the cable car when possible. At some point we're going to have to get one of us on the door to keep the kobolds from coming in, unless we can get them to back off or stall them for a minute or two.

I'm assuming from the clarification with the map that there really are only two/three ways into the building we are currently in. Trap door on the roof, window to the east and door to the west, right? I.E. we're safe from bow shot right now in the building, should be fairly safe until they move around and can either come through the door or shoot in through the window.


Nemoris, you are correct.

Magma, they're likely to arrive at the building this round. I believe you've already estimated the time to get the car up the cliff.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

So am I not able to do my action as stated because the door is closed or can I get Triel, get her out the door and continue with my threat?


Malcolm: You were still able to get down to Triel last round. I need to know if you want to take her outside through the currently closed door to make your threat. Note, she's unconscious so you'll gain the grappled condition to move her and still use your weapon.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Ok then yes I want to bring Triel out the door, grappled and with my gun out and obviously a threat.

Grapple - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

"You have one chance for Triel to live, one. Tell your people to drop their weapons and then come forward and parlay with me or I will kill her."

Bluff - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai sighs.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Nemoris burps.


Flight by Cable Car Round 2

Initiative: Captain, Slaves, Elites, Magma, Dalamus, Malcolm, Epik, Nowzai, Nemoris

The Captain moves forward into cover and fires twice at Epik in the cable car striking him once the arrow burning as it cuts the paladin searing his soul. The elites behind the Captain fire a volley as well, but most of the arrows bounce off the cover of the car or fall short.

Further south, the vanguard of spear-wielding kobolds rush to the door of the foyer followed by three elites carrying tower shield and four more elites running crouched behind them.

Magma drinks his potion of aid, forgoing movement of the car again, while Dalamus shimmies up the cable and sprints along the top nearly reaching the winch house on the north, dodging arrows as they whiz by.

Epik fires again, but misses and Nowzai activates his wand dropping another elite into dreamland.

Inside the winchouse, Nemoris heals Magma and moves towards the winch while Malcolm sweeps up the unconcious priestess and drags her bodily to the door, kicking it open and stepping into the doorjam only to see a column of kobolds in front of him. He bleats out his bluff in his most convincing voice.

ACTIONS ROUND 3?

The Dice:

Captain vs Epik 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21; miss
Captain vs Epik1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27; HIT; Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + (4) + 4 = 14
Elite vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13; miss
Elite vs Epik 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7; miss
Elite vs Dalamus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21; miss
Elite vs Dalamus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16; miss
Elite vs Nowzai 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12; miss
Elite vs Nowzai 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6; miss
Elite Will Save1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Elite Will Save1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 ⇒ 2


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will continue to the top, and once there he will operate the winch to get the car to the top. Do I need to make a roll to operate the winch?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

AC 20 (24 vs the Captain) HP 12

Epik smites evil on the Captain and fires his bow at him:

Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Damage:1d8 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 4 = 14


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Do we have a new map?
AC 23 HP 45
1 CLW
1 AP

I will hold the door. Allowing Nemoris and Malcolm to attack with their range weapons.

How may Kobolds wull be able to attack me through the door frame? if it is more than one will use Cleave on slaves but not on the elites

Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 damage 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Critical Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Critical damage 2d12 + 20 ⇒ (7, 6) + 20 = 33

Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 damage 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Critical Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 Critical damage 2d12 + 20 ⇒ (8, 7) + 20 = 35

AC 21 for Round 4


Magma Iron Clan wrote:

Do we have a new map?

New map here

@Magma You're going to stop working the winch?

@Dalamus ... yes DC10 Str check


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will delay until I see what the leaders reaction is, I will try and keep the kobolds from attacking since I am holding Triel, I am hoping that will make them hesitate

As a free action

"Come forward and treat with me, and I know you can understand me, so come and speak to me in common so we can come to an agreement!"

If they continue with their attack and I see no reaction from the leader I will cock my pistol and place it against Triel head and say

"So be it, you made your choice clear, come then, come and get the corpse of your leader"

Bluff - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Since you go after him, its not really a delay but the if/then helps.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Sorry i am confused.

Round 3 i will move the winch and Round 4 i will hold the door after Malcolm pulls back

Str Check

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

i will reroll for round 4 but AC and HP are right


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

and i fail again


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will move the winch

Strength Check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Also, what does Dalamus see once he is up there?


Flight by Cable Car Round 4

Initiative: Captain, Slaves, Elites, Magma, Dalamus, Malcolm, Epik, Nowzai, Nemoris

The Captain listens to Malcolm's hollering and turns and says something quietly to the kobolds near him, and then yells out in his barking, growling voice.

Draconic AND Perception DC:17:
"Move to track this fool, if he flinches, shoot him."

Draconic:
"I won't let your foul tongue cross my lips. If you're halfway intelligent, you'll understand the higher languages or someone will translate for your slow mind. You have one chance: leave the woman and walk away. Otherwise we'll kill you all and pry her body from your stinking corpse."

The Captain trains his bow on Malcolm, as do the kobolds behind the tower shields. His elites near him, run out into the area between the rocks and line up, also with nocked and readied arrows. They all seem to be waiting on something.

Magma and Dalamus both struggle with the winch on opposite ends of the chasm, until Dalamus realizes he's pushing the wrong way. Nemoris comes by and kicks Magma aside moving the winch and finally getting the car 10' up the cable. Malcolm continues his shouting and cocks his weapon.

Epik and Nowzai continue their assault. Epik misses and Nowzai drops another shooter.

The Dice:

Nemoris Str chk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Kobold Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Kobold Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

In Undercommon do you understand this langauge?

what is he saying Nowzai?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

anyway for me to tell if this is the same creature we made the deal to kill Triel with?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"In short, he said to drop the woman or you will die."


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will continue working the winch

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Strength check

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Finally


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Round 5 (Init 5)

Nowzai:

hp 21 of 24
AC 12 (t 12, ff 10)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st:
2nd: baleful transposition

Acid Dart 7 use remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 0 use remaining (1/day)

Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of magic missile 36 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Nowzai drops the expended wand and takes up another, aiming it at the kobold leader and firing an acidic missile.

Wand of acid arrow (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21; Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 acid


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will fall back and let Magma close the door


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

We need to figure out what's actually happening here. If Magma is working the winch, and Malcolm is moving back in the building, I can't tell what I'm going to do until the kobolds act.

**NOTE** This attack only happens if they start attacking us. If they don't I can use the roll on a Str check and move the cage some more or something like that:

If this turns into full scale combat, I'll move so I can get a shot, and try to shoot through the door, or out the window (not sure if I can lean out and fire to the north or not):

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 3d8 + 15 ⇒ (7, 4, 2) + 15 = 28 Crit: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 8 + (4) = 21 (spent AP on crit confirm, if I can make an attack)


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 5 i take my weapon and hold the door

attacking with cleave if the Kobolds try to enter

AC 23 HP 45

Att 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 dam 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 dam 2d12 + 18 ⇒ (5, 9) + 18 = 32

Att 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 dam 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 dam 2d12 + 18 ⇒ (7, 9) + 18 = 34

AC 21 round 6


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"I am at a loss guys, I don't know what we should do, it's not looking good. I will leave it up to you both, do I give up Triel for ours lives and hope he is on the level or do we stand our ground and fight?"

"The kobold from above mentioned that there is something nasty in the lake, I could go put Triel over there and see what happens, I am open to any ideas here."

1,251 to 1,300 of 4,697 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.