Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,201 to 1,250 of 5,003 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

No one ever posts this fast, sorry all for the confusion.

"Anyone can be saved, I don't believe that there is no redemption for Triel, and there is no difference in you stopping me from questioning the halfling or you giving Triel to the spider to be tortured and killed, other then you feel that by saving more people it's less evil, I don't feel that way."

I will be gesturing with the book, some what hard, and watching to see what the halflings reaction is

"I also believe that evil begets evil, killing Triel while defending yourself is justifiable, handing her over to the spider to outright kill her is unacceptable, she is evil yes, and she has done terrible things, but that does not mean that we get to be judge and jury here, she is going back to Caldron for trial for the crimes she has committed, that is what is right here."

"Nowzai I am asking for your help here, put yourself in my shoes, do you have a loved one? Someone you hold more dear then anyone else in the world? I do, my twin sister, do you have a twin? If you don't then you can not possibly understand the connection her and I share. Now imagine that she is kidnapped and taken from you, and that you have searched for the past five years for information on her, and now you have found someone who has seen her, talked to her, knows where she is, and you expect me to allow you to take that lead away from me? I won't, I can't. You have already said you won't let the halfling go free, who also has information that I could use so you have tied my hands here, I am out of options."

"So let's talk this out, how about it?"


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai nods, but still looks frustrated. "I have a sister; not a twin, but I can empathize with your trouble. Your quest to find her is noble, but I cannot let your obsession with it jeopardize the lives of thousands in Cauldron."

"Al'akbar has set me on this path, and I follow it willingly. I do not suggest killing lightly. We do what we do here for the good of the citizens of Cauldron, but that city's "law" is as corrupt as any in the Nine Hells. We are, nay we must be the judge and jury, for we are righteous! What kind of perverted justice do you think she will face there? Torture and painful death are a certainty, assuming some cohort doesn't bribe her way to freedom. It would be a mercy for us to kill her here and now, and gain the remaining wands peacefully."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Then agree to let the halfling go, because I won't allow you to execute my only lead."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"Enough discussion, we need to leave now. Let's take both Skayven and Triel with us."


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8
DM Fflash wrote:

The halfling does seem to be hiding a smirk, although he frowns a bit when Malcolm thumbs through the book, but doesn't say anything.

Since Malcolm got the delete off, we'll allow the retcon and assume Nowzai's response doesn't happen. The jury will disregard the wizard's outburst.

Hey, I had a good deleted one in there too :) I think you guys are both a out of control! My suggestion was for everyone to calm down, us to leave, recover and come back in full strength, but I quoted Malcom too :D

Sending someone to their death is worse than torture, it's certainly no better than killing her ourselves. Again though, nothing needs to be decided now, and everyone is tired and hurt. Where's the best place to go and recoup? Inn, or all the way back to town?


Dalamus Othreleth wrote:

Sorry guys, I had gotten distracted in the last week, and with everything going on, I simply forgot to check in. Also, Tike Dalamus has Sacred touch. Could he have used that on himself to stabilize?

Sacred Touch works on others ... it's an active use, so you have to be conscious to use it, thus not on yourself.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Nowzai nods, but still looks frustrated. "I have a sister; not a twin, but I can empathize with your trouble. Your quest to find her is noble, but I cannot let your obsession with it jeopardize the lives of thousands in Cauldron."

"Al'akbar has set me on this path, and I follow it willingly. I do not suggest killing lightly. We do what we do here for the good of the citizens of Cauldron, but that city's "law" is as corrupt as any in the Nine Hells. We are, nay we must be the judge and jury, for we are righteous! What kind of perverted justice do you think she will face there? Torture and painful death are a certainty, assuming some cohort doesn't bribe her way to freedom. It would be a mercy for us to kill her here and now, and gain the remaining wands peacefully."

Careful friend, there is a reason no one should be judge, jury, and executioner, and I know you are above that kind of behavior.

Does Triel's full plate have a helm w/ a visor?

I think we've got a lot of options here, and even though no one seems to see it, not all of these goals have to be at odds. If we can find information for Malcolm, then I think we can easily work this out to everyone's satisfaction.

The Inn is less than an hour from here, is it not? Are there objections to returning to it, and resting, so we can discuss this rationally?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Is there anyone in the party capable of using the wand of cure serious wounds?

i would suggest that we retire to top of the cable car to rest, so that we can keep an eye on the beach. or we can stay here if someone can use the wand of cure serious wounds.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I thought anyone could use cure wands? Or was that a house rule? At the very least, Epik, Nowzai and Nemoris can, anyone who has a class that can get spells can use a wand if they know the correct command, which can be gotten with an ID


Anyone who has that spell on their class list can use a spell trigger device, which a wand is. In this case, that's Epik and maybe Nemoris, id have to check that one.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Rangers get CSW in their 4th level spell list


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Rangers get CSW in their 4th level spell list

I still think we should get out of here and rest rather than use resources. I'll snag the wand though and keep it ready to use!

Let's move out, anyone have a problem with staying at the top of the cable car? Good suggestion Magma! I want to check on the horses as well.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

"Yes, the top of the cable car is fine."

Epik binds and gags both Triel and Skayven. He then slings Triel over his shoulder and start walking back, pulling Skayven along with his free hand.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Nemoris wrote:
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Rangers get CSW in their 4th level spell list

I still think we should get out of here and rest rather than use resources. I'll snag the wand though and keep it ready to use!

Let's move out, anyone have a problem with staying at the top of the cable car? Good suggestion Magma! I want to check on the horses as well.

I'm sorry i am down half my HP Dalamus is in single digits and Epik is down at least half if not more. If we get attack they will over run us and free the Prisoners. i did not just get my butt kick to give back Triel. Use the Wand now Resting will only gives us 4 HP back. i don't want Epik using his heals to bring us back up to full in the morning.

ooc Tike how many rounds have we used talking?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Elder when we get back to the top of the cable car can you identify the 4 potions we took off Tongueater dead body.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Later, lets get to safety."


@Magma, you've been here ... discussing ... for about 5 minutes

The spiked door continues to pound for several minutes and then stops around the time you decide to move on.

I assume you will back track?

The party moves outside to the cable car with no problem. There is a hint of a ringing bell like sound off in the distance, but it is difficult to pinpoint with in the vast cavern. The 6 party members and 2 captives stare at the winch and the small cable carriage.

What's the plan for getting across?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Epik or I should go across first with one prisoner with one other party member or two if it can take the weight of 4 people.

then the other group goes across


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Agreed... let's get moving."

Can we tell which direction the ringing is coming from?


If you wish to pause and actively focus on the ringing for a few moments, make a Perception roll


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will cross first with Skayven.

Perception roll: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Let the Elder go across with you.

Perception

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Perception Check - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

I will ride along with Triel, I will also check to make sure she is still bound and unconscious.

You didn't mention if Skayven showed any more reaction to my gesturing with his book and being a little rough on it, was there one?


DM Fflash wrote:
The halfling does seem to be hiding a smirk, although he frowns a bit when Malcolm thumbs through the book, but doesn't say anything.

Sure I did, unless you meant beyond that with your next act. Nothing new here

Malcolm:
You settle down and hush everyone to listen to the bells. It takes a few minutes to listen through the thick of it, you're trying to pinpoint the location, based off the echo and it's frustrating until you catch the rhythm and just barely ... barely ... hear something that isn't bells. It's someone shouting in that barking, yipping tongue the kobolds use to talk to each other, but with an extremely deep voice and with the curt sound of someone used to be listened to, without question. You still can't tell where from, but you get the sense of immediateness in the voice, and realize you're running out of time

1 seat left in the first wave across for Nemoris or Dalamus (Have Epik, Nowzai & Skayven in group 1 and Malcolm, Magma, and Triel in group 2). Who is operating the winch that Dalamus locked last time you were here?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I noticed the frown, that was when I just thumbed through it, I was trying to see if I was more aggressive with the book if it would get a bigger response out of him, it was two separate actions

"Guys, I think we need to hurry, that isn't just a warning bell, there is something shouting in kobold, giving orders, I think we are almost out of time, we have to hurry!"

I will assist with the crank if two people doing it would move it along faster.

"I think Dalamus needs to go first, he is out of juice and will be no good to us if we need to hold them off here for any time."

I will drink a Potion of CLW

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"If anyone can use that wand of healing, now would be the time to make sure that those of us on the beach can hold out as long as needed."


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus agrees with Malcolm, and gets on the first ride across.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Put both prisoners on the first trip... we don't need them getting free if we have to cut and run."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"The cage can only hold 700 to 800 pounds safely, we need to make sure that we stay under that amount, what size is our bag of holding again?"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
"The cage can only hold 700 to 800 pounds safely, we need to make sure that we stay under that amount, what size is our bag of holding again?"

up to 250 lbs


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Nowzai, I don't think putting both prisoners on the cart is wise, unless you want to stay on the beach with us, but then it's a 2 on 2 up above and I don't think those odds favor us if the halfling decides to betray us or Triel wakes up. I think Epik, Dalamus, Nowzai and Skayven or Triel go first, Magma and Nemoris help get the cage across as quickly as possible and then send it back down to us. We have no real time to discuss and argue, we have to move quickly!"


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"They're both tied up and/or unconcious. I think we'll be fine if Magma and yourself go with them, if you feel you can't be away from her for more than twenty seconds. You're correct about the need for haste, at any rate."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Epik Dalamus and Elder go with Skayven with our most of our gear. we will follow with Treil. now go


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"I think I am the least injured, I was planning on staying on the beach to make sure everyone is able to depart, I am not concerned with her being out of my sight, even though you are willing to let something else kill her, I don't believe that you have the moxie to do it yourself. Honestly the more we have on the beach the better off I think we will be to hold if things go sideways."

If I remember the map correctly from before, I will position myself on the top of the building that the cage is connected with, I will either ride in the cage or if the need for haste presents itself I will attempt to walk along the rope again to the top.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

I'll stay for the second trip up as well. The faster we can get everyone across the easier it will be to pick them off at range if anyone is foolish enough to follow us.


Hey all, I'm ready to move this forward, but I'm packing/cleaning for a TDY and Holly coming into town so I'm gonna have to take a 2-day break before I can do the next update. Feel free to continue the dialogue


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Oh Great Tike! Now we are going to have an even longer, and drawn out argument! :)


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

I seem to recall some "drawn out" Zyndel moments, back in the day... ;o)


Flight by Cable Car

The party finishes arguing when Epik drags Skayven onto the cable car and shuffles Nowzai and Dalamus (after unlocking the winch) in behind him, closing the door. Malcolm climbs on the roof of the winch house and Magma, back to normal size starts cranking the winch while Nemoris looks out the door.

It's slow going, but the stonechilde's tireless strength provides the ability to move the cable car along. Once the group is about halfway up, though, Malcolm & Nemoris notice the door to the north burst open and a river of kobolds flow out, Draconic orders barking about in a deep baritone voice.

Draconic:
"Vanguard, column formation, double time ... now charge! Archers form a line, and take aim at my enemy. Everyone at once, on my order!"

Countless kobolds flow out, red scaled ones with spears and small shields charging forward screaming wordlessly and a host of black-scaled elites all bristling with bows and arrows take up residence in the rocks. Those that aren't in the rocks alternate between aiming a bow and holding up a 4-foot tower shield for the shooter to get cover behind.

One massive kobold, black scaled with green flashes, towering above the others by at least 2 feet strides forward. He wears a green cloak, pinned to his black mail with reptilian skulls. Several humanoid skulls trail from his quiver on a line. He carries a runed recurve bow and grits his teeth as he surveys the land in front of him. His keen eyes catch Malcolm on the roof and the party members in the cable car, he shouts out drawing each syllable long and eerily, "Hyoooomaaaans". He raises his bow and tracks Malcolm, and 14 elites follow his aim alongside him.

Picture here

Actions at Magma in Round 1: Initiative: Captain, Slaves Elites, Magma, Dalamus, Malcolm, Epik, Nowzai, Nemoris

For the winch ... Magma is able to move it 10 feet with a DC10 Str check. For each additional person helping him with a successful DC10 Str check, he can move it another 5 feet per check. Three people total can be on each winch. The empty cage will move 15+5 per extra person back down once unloaded up top. Large squares are 10 feet on the map. If you need the grid, I'll add it in.

Map here

The Dice:

Dalamus Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Epik Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Magma Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Malcolm Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Nemoris Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Nowzai Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Slave Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Elites Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Captain Zalsus Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Wasn't there cover on the roof though? I thought the map from before showed like a part where the cable came in as being higher then the roof, sorry I am not explaining this well.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

I will continue to operate the winch until Kobolds reach the door.

Malcolm try to thin the front rank.

Nemoris help me

Are there windows in the Winch Room?

We may have to kill Triel.

How far are they from the cliff edge?

Strength Check
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Half Elf Rogue 7
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
I seem to recall some "drawn out" Zyndel moments, back in the day... ;o)

Bah your memory is fading, those moments were pure role playing gold! :)


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

awwww shiiitt!

Dalamus will fire his bow from the cart, using as much of it for cover as he can. He will aim at one of the Kobolds with a bow, the closest, easiest shot

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Frowning, Nowzai will use his wand if sleep on the group of kobolds adjacent the leader.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:61/82, F9 / R13 / W8

If it was possible for more than one person to use the crank I would have been helping with that as well, just didn't know who was going and how many were staying (per the 'faster we get people across' bit in my last post). Either way, but I know my guy wouldn't have just been standing there while Magma did all of the work.

I think I can use the CSW wand twice in one round, correct?

I'll heal us up before the hordes get here:
3d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 8, 5) + 3 = 19
Do you want to roll your own heal Magma?

What are Magma and Malcom at for hit points?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

these 5' or 10' squares? How far away is the leader from me?

I am at 40 HP


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Speaking is a free action?

"If you expect to see Triel alive again, you will stop right there and not fire a single shot"

On my action I will jump down and use Triel as a human shield making sure that the kobolds see the obvious threat of my pistol against he temple.

Acrobatics - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Cure Serious wounds is 4d8 + 3

i am currently at half 25

4d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 5, 4, 7) + 2 = 25

Full hit points

i will take a potion of Aid

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Temporary Hit points

+1 to attack and fear checks


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

HP 54 AC 23
Attack +11 great axe


Malcolm

Squares are 10' per post above. I can add the 5' grid if you need it, it just looks really cluttered.

You are on top of the building and Triel is inside it. You can move down and in to her this round.

Nemoris

I assumed you were helping, did you stop to heal Magma, then? You can only use 1 charge per standard action, so 1 per round.

Magma

CSW is 3d8+5.

The only "window" is the eastern wall where you can step in to the car.

No potion until round 2. You attempted.the winch this round.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 66/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 2/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 9/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will fire his composite long bow at the captain if he is within range, otherwise at the nearest kobold:

Attack:1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 4 = 21 Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

1,201 to 1,250 of 5,003 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.