Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


901 to 950 of 4,759 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will explore the evil he detects in the mess hall, alerting the others of its presence.

Yes, please assume he detects evil in all rooms.

Round 1

Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

How does flex time and combat time work? Do you want to have us just focus on combat and then back to flex time or give you both in the same box?


You can do flex time except for The Nest right now if you so desire. I won't open any new areas for exploration.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

I'll wait until surprise and round 1 are resolved, since I'm last.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Init 26 / AC 19 / HP 46

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Surprise Round - I do nothing

Round 1 - I will draw a dagger and throw it.

To Hit - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage - 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Surprise Round || Initiative 8 || 26/35 hp || AC 17

I'll fire an arrow at the whirlwind:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Round 1 || Initiative 8 || 26/35 hp || AC 17

I'll take a 5 foot step back (or away to avoid an AoO) and fire two arrows at the whirlwind:

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Can I at least get a Perception Check from Nowzai (and anyone else who hasn't rolled yet) to determine if he's surprised, please.

Nemoris won't be firing in the surprise round, fyi.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

Can I at least get a Perception Check from Nowzai (and anyone else who hasn't rolled yet) to determine if he's surprised, please.

Nemoris won't be firing in the surprise round, fyi.

do i need to do another perception check?

here you go just incase

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

My Perception is a +1... I ain't gonna make 25!

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
DM Fflash wrote:

Can I at least get a Perception Check from Nowzai (and anyone else who hasn't rolled yet) to determine if he's surprised, please.

Nemoris won't be firing in the surprise round, fyi.

Yeah, I just put it all in one to avoid too much clutter, was hoping I'd get lucky, but doubted an 18 would come up for me :)


Mess Hall

Epik:
detects three sources of evil to the northwest of the mess hall, north of the storeroom each with a faint aura. They are not moving.

Wizard's Parlor Surprise Round

Cloak, crystal, and mask in bag of holding until OOC thread is worked out, but after this combat

Everyone but Dalamus is shocked by the appearance of the elemental which unfortunately for the rogue is quicker than him and spins into a whirlwind, moving onto Nowzai who someone escapes the damage of flying depris but gets sucked up into the cloud spinning around a few feet off the ground es by gritting his teeth and holding his ground. No AoO allowed

The whirlwind's spinning on the floor kicks up a huge cloud of debris causing serious visibility issues (inside the circle is 5'vis only; inside circle has 20% concealment within 5 feet of anyone else. Total concealment (50% miss chance) for any outside of 10 feet). DC 15+spell level concentration check to cast inside debris field.

Dalamus draws his bow and takes aim, realizing he's right next to the creature and Nowzai is in the whirlwind now. one action only in surprise round

The Dice:

Nowzai Reflex Save vs damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 success!
Nowzai Reflex Save vs pick up1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 fail; (-4 Dex, -2 attack, concentration to cast, DC15+spell level, auto slam damage every round)

Wizard's Parlor Round 1

Malcolm recovers first and tosses a dagger into the whirlwind causing minimal damage. Magma yells at Nowzai and wades into combat swinging his axe strong and is rewarded with a feeling of tearing through something solid and a sound like air escaping a bellows.

The whirlwind rolls over the rest of the party slamming party members into each other and sucking up Magma and Epik into the cloud.

Pause here at Dalamus' action to allow folks to reassess Round 1 actions ... all actions will be rerolled regardless of success/failure earlier unless you're doing the EXACT same thing you stated (i.e. if Nemoris still wants to move and fire he can ... he will need to add the miss chances however. The three in the whirlwind are spinning about end over end near the ceiling banging into each other. They cannot get out of their own accord unless they can fly.

The Dice:

Malcolm miss change 1d100 ⇒ 38
Magma miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 96
Dalamus Reflex Save vs damage 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 fail take 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage
Dalamus Reflex Save vs pick up1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Success!
Malcolm Reflex Save vs damage 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Success!
Malcolm Reflex Save vs pick up1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Success!
Magma Reflex Save vs damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Success!
Magma Reflex Save vs pick up1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 fail; (-4 Dex, -2 attack, concentration to cast, DC15+spell level, auto slam damage every round)
Nemoris Reflex Save vs damage 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 fail take 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage
Nemoris Reflex Save vs pick up1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Success!
Epik Reflex Save vs damage 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 fail take 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage
Epik Reflex Save vs pick up1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 fail; (-4 Dex, -2 attack, concentration to cast, DC15+spell level, auto slam damage every round)
Nowzai auto slam damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Magma miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 38

Init: Malcolm, Magma, Elemental, Dalamus, Epik, Nemoris, Nowzai

Map here


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

if i can attack i will continue to attack

attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Critical attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Critical Damage 2d12 + 18 ⇒ (5, 12) + 18 = 35


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai (Init 3):

hp 12 of 24
AC 12 (t 12, ff 10)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: enlarge person
2nd: baleful transposition (2), summon monster II

Acid Dart 7 use remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Wand of sleep 3 charges
Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of magic missile 39 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Round 1

Nowzai, spinning in the whirlwind and trying not to lose his dinner, throws out an acid bolt at the elemental holding him.

Acid Dart: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 = 11 (ranged touch)


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will change his action, and instead try to grab one of the closest guys in the whirlwind. Assuming acrobatics, but if not I will reroll

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik attacks the elemental the best he can while spinning.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Pressing without Nemoris assuming he keeps his action

Wizard's Parlor Round 1 continued

Dalamus leaps up and grabs 1d3 ⇒ 1 Epik and pops him free from the whirlwind. Epik turns and strikes at the elemental and nicks it on the side. Nemoris steps back and fires into the creature, staying his second shot as the whirlwind dissipates with the sound of a balloon releasing its air culminating with a resounding pop.

Nowzai and Magma are unceremoniously dumped on the ground. See below for damage

END COMBAT, everyone receives 200 xp

A thorough search of the bookcase turns up a plethora of books in various languages with a common theme of mysteries, puzzles, and unexplained events. Scrolls on the desk contain partial histories on creatures called kopru who apparently built the ruins you are currently in. Nowzai believes this collection would have value to the right buyer.

The door to the north is magically locked and magically trapped.

The Dice:

Nemoris miss chances 1d100 ⇒ 81
Nowzai Acrobatics DC15 or take 1d6 ⇒ 5
Magma Acrobatics DC15 or take 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Any chance to catch Nowzai or Magma? I would try and get Nowzai as Magma would crush me like a bug.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

Pressing without Nemoris assuming he keeps his action

Wizard's Parlor Round 1 continued

Dalamus leaps up and grabs 1d3 Epik and pops him free from the whirlwind. Epik turns and strikes at the elemental and nicks it on the side. Nemoris steps back and fires into the creature, staying his second shot as the whirlwind dissipates with the sound of a balloon releasing its air culminating with a resounding pop.

Nowzai and Magma are unceremoniously dumped on the ground. See below for damage

END COMBAT, everyone receives 200 xp

A thorough search of the bookcase turns up a plethora of books in various languages with a common theme of mysteries, puzzles, and unexplained events. Scrolls on the desk contain partial histories on creatures called kopru who apparently built the ruins you are currently in. Nowzai believes this collection would have value to the right buyer.

The door to the north is magically locked and magically trapped.

** spoiler omitted **

Acrobatics check

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 if i can use the boots or -1 if i can't the total is 13 for the acrobatics check


No chance to catch them. Magma, boots were already determined to be yours. Good.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Dalamus can you bypass the lock and trap?.

Elder are you alright?

Can we fit the Books and Scrolls into the bag of holding without ripping it?


There are about 20 books all told


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Nowzai crashes to the floor unceremoniously, shouting out in pain and embarrasment. He slowly stands, wincing in pain while rubbing his arm. "I... live, but I could use some healing." He eyes Epik expectantly.

Currently 7 of 24 hp...


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

I am going to check the door across from the Barrels in the Storeroom and then search that room.

i would like to sweep the passage way again along with rooms to make sure there are no hiding kobolds. that way we will have a escape route if the talking webs goes bad.

Perception check Door storeroom
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Room Search
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Storage room
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Guardroom
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Mess Hall
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Barracks
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Passage way
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Okay i am ready for the talking webs


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

When we are ready for the Talking Webs:

i will make ready 3 torches to light so that we can burn the webs.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

It may not be a bad idea to rest up at some point in the very near future as well. I'm not completely healthy, and we all look like we could use a bit of time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 100d6 - 100d6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + (5, 5, 3, 2, 6, 6, 4, 5, 2, 5, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 6, 1, 3, 2, 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 6, 1, 3, 6, 6, 6, 4, 2, 2, 1, 6, 6, 5, 6, 3, 2, 1, 5, 5, 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 1, 1, 5, 1, 3, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 5, 5, 2, 1, 6, 3, 6, 3, 1, 5, 2, 1, 2, 6, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 5, 6, 5, 1, 2, 4, 3, 6, 3, 1) - (6, 3, 3, 3, 6, 5, 1, 5, 3, 3, 1, 5, 1, 5, 5, 6, 1, 5, 5, 5, 2, 2, 3, 6, 6, 3, 1, 5, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 4, 4, 2, 5, 5, 3, 5, 5, 6, 6, 4, 1, 2, 1, 4, 5, 2, 5, 4, 5, 5, 4, 2, 3, 3, 6, 6, 1, 4, 2, 1, 6, 1, 4, 3, 2, 3, 3, 4, 6, 5, 3, 3, 2, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 6, 6, 2, 2, 1, 6, 1, 3, 5, 1, 5, 6, 3) + 4 = -2


Magma, there are 2 doors in the Storeroom ... you intend to go through the western one?

Any intents with the locked/trapped door or the northern door in the Storeroom before I proceed with The Nest?

EDIT: Epik, I always wondered what falling 1000' and taking a 100d6 looked like :) Thanks!


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

Magma, there are 2 doors in the Storeroom ... you intend to go through the western one?

Any intents with the locked/trapped door or the northern door in the Storeroom before I proceed with The Nest?

EDIT: Epik, I always wondered what falling 1000' and taking a 100d6 looked like :) Thanks!

yes the west one

I asked Dalamus to check the door to see if he could open it


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik heals Nowzai (1 LOH): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11


Jade Regent | Crimson Throne

"Thank you, sir," Nowzai says to Epik. Still wounded, he also quaffs a healing potion.

CLW Pot: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Wizard's Bedchambers

Hate rolling someone's Disable Device DC for them, but here we go ...

Dalamus takes a stab at the trap, nicking a couple lines and redrawing symbols with some silver dust he pulls out of a pocket.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

With a grin, he looks up and says, "No problem!" and starts on the lock,

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38

"Who made this stuff, an amateur?" the half-elf grins as he pushes the door open dramatically.

Inside, the room is cool, dry, and comfortable. A bed sits against the north wall, and a thick carpet covers most of the floor. More bookshelves line the walls here, their shelves sagging with books, tomes, and scrolls of all shapes and sizes.

Armory

The walls of this room are loaded with weapon and armor racks. Swords and bows hang from pegs and a dozen suits of armor hang on the far wall. A barrel of arrows and 2 small wooden kegs sit behind the armor stands. All weapons and armor are small-sized.

The Nest

The voice replies to Nowzai

Draconic:
[b]"I am the guiding light to my misled younger dragon brothers. The Captain, while firm in his conviction and unmatched in battle has entered a distasteful arrangement with the fire-haired woman. Remove her from the equation and bring proof to me and I'll convince our warband to leave the area. In return I'll give you one of these wands she stole for I assume you are here to retrieve them?

Map here


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Thanks Tike for picking up my slack, I was afk

Dalamus will go to the bucket of arrows, and grab some. He will keep watching around, after hearing some weird language.

How many arrows are here, Dalamus is down to 4, so he needs to resupply.

any perception check?


There are a couple hundred arrows


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

Wizard's Bedchambers

Hate rolling someone's Disable Device DC for them, but here we go ...

Dalamus takes a stab at the trap, nicking a couple lines and redrawing symbols with some silver dust he pulls out of a pocket.

1d20+19

With a grin, he looks up and says, "No problem!" and starts on the lock,

1d20+19

"Who made this stuff, an amateur?" the half-elf grins as he pushes the door open dramatically.

Inside, the room is cool, dry, and comfortable. A bed sits against the north wall, and a thick carpet covers most of the floor. More bookshelves line the walls here, their shelves sagging with books, tomes, and scrolls of all shapes and sizes.

Armory

The walls of this room are loaded with weapon and armor racks. Swords and bows hang from pegs and a dozen suits of armor hang on the far wall. A barrel of arrows and 2 small wooden kegs sit behind the armor stands. All weapons and armor are small-sized.

The Nest

The voice replies to Nowzai

** spoiler omitted **

Map here

I will search the Room after Dalamus opens the door or will assist Dalamus searching the room

Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will explore the three sources of evil within the Mess Hall, alerting the others of their presence.


Those sources aren't in the mess hall, they're in the room north of the Storeroom. Do you wish to enter that room?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Wizard's Parlor

Learning from the last room, Nowzai proceeds carefully forward, waiting for the others to clear any potential traps before diving in.

*

Nest

Draconic:
"We too seek the woman, so I believe a deal can be arranged between us. Do you know where she is now? Who is the 'Captain'?"


Wizard's Parlor

With a concentrated search of the room, Dalamus and the others find a fals e back to the booksheld. The erstwhile rogue also finds another magical trap exactly like the other one and takes a stab at removing it.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25

Overconfident from the last trap, the half-elf sets this one off and a magical dark brown-grey snake rears out of the bookcase striking at him. Quick normally, the rogue barely moves, stunned by his failure. As the snake strikes him, it disappears in a puff of brown smoke and Dalamus freezes, encased in a shimmering amber light.

Reflex save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Spellcraft DC18:
The spell is Sepia Snake Sigil; Dalamus will be in a magical stasis for several days.

Dalamus:
You are only vaguely aware of your outside surroundings. You don't breathe, eat, sleep, or require anything. You are unable to act in any way

His actions do open the false door, and inside you find a magical wand in immaculate condition, made of a blue-green wood intricately carved with waves along the side. Next to it is a spellbook with a symbol of an eye in the palm of a left hand on the front.

Nowzai Take 10 Spellcraft DC22:
This is a wand of control water

Knowlege Religion DC15:
The symbol is that of Vecna

The Nest

Draconic:
The Captain is the leader of our warband, a kobold elite tracker of immense skill with a tremendous hatred for humans ... be wary if you cross him. I can send one of my minions to escort you to her room. It will be able to help you bypass traps and most likely avoid any guards given the time of evening, but there's no guarantee. Return to me once you've killed her and I'll give you the wand. Do it without slaying any more of the Black Claws and I'll ensure your friend is released from his stasis for that is in my control as well.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will explore the wizard's books and scrolls. Anything of interest or area of study?

I am looking for anything on the cult that my sister has joined.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)
DM Fflash wrote:
Those sources aren't in the mess hall, they're in the room north of the Storeroom. Do you wish to enter that room?

Yes, Epik will explore the area north of the Storeroom.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Parlor

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

"Oh my... this spell trap will keep Dalamus in stasis for several days. Hmmm," Nowzai pauses to ponder the problem.

Do I know a way to break the stasis?

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

When the door opens, Nowzai will cast detect magic and investigate the wand.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

His eyes widen as he realizes what he holds. "This is a wand of control water," he tells the others. "And that is a symbol of Vecna, he adds with a notable mixture of disdain and curiousity."


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

The Nest

Nowzai nods and turns to the group. "The leader of the spiders makes us an offer. Apparently this red-haired woman we're tracking has taken control of the kobolds, and the spiders want her dead. The spiders offer a guide to lead us past the traps and to her room. We bring back proof of her death, and they give us a wand. They also mention one of our 'friends' they have captive, who they'll release if we leave the elites alive." Nowzai shrugs. "This may be an advantage for us, as long as we remain cautious. Thoughts?"


Parlor

Malcolm rifles through the books in the Parlor and the bedroom, but they are all centered around magical research, mystical phenomenons and puzzle-solving. There's also an entire bookcase dedicated to prophecy, foretelling, omens and other divinations. One book does seem out of place and it's a history of the halfling people in the local area. It seems a little more soiled than the other books which are painstakingly immaculate.

Nowzai:
Knowledge of the spell tells you that a powerful dispel magic would release Dalamus or the spell caster can release it as well. Dalamus, while not requiring air, sleep, food, or water is not immune to physical harm and can still die if he's not physically taken care of.

The spellbook contains the following spells: all cantrips from PHB except daze, 1st:burning hands, chill touch, comprehend languages, hold portal, magic missile, true strike, alarm, detect secret doors, detect undead, identify, mage armor, silent image, unseen servant 2nd:detect thoughts, ghoul touch, invisibility, scorching ray, see invisibility, arcane lock, blindness/deafness, blur, locate object, scare, spider climb, summon monster II, whispering wind 3rd: displacement, lightning bolt, vampiric touch, dispel magic, gentle repose, sepia snake sigil, tongues, water breathing 4th: arcane eye, phantasmal killer, shout, fear, locate creature, scrying

I didn't do a spell for spell scrub so if one of these (that you want to keep later during scribing) isn't in pathfinder or has been changed as you go through them, let me know and we'll work it out


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Parlor

Nowzai frowns, "It seems this magic is too powerful for me to dispel. We can either wait out the spell's duration, which could be days, or the caster can release them at command."

Wait a minute... is Dalamus the 'friend' the spider is referring to releasing?


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus says "..........."


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"Would captured and alive suit the spider? I am not sure but I thought the city guard wanted us to bring her in alive if possible.

"I would also like to add that I hate spiders, and going along with anything a talking spider says sounds like an awful idea, but pro's vs cons, having them help us the pros seem to out weigh the cons. Can he stop the elites from attacking us? Otherwise we will have to do what we have to do to survive."


Storeroom

Unless there are any more inputs on "evil investigation," I'll address going through the door in my next post


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Yes, actually Dalamus has something he would like to add

".........."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

The Nest

Nowzai nods and turns to the group. "The leader of the spiders makes us an offer. Apparently this red-haired woman we're tracking has taken control of the kobolds, and the spiders want her dead. The spiders offer a guide to lead us past the traps and to her room. We bring back proof of her death, and they give us a wand. They also mention one of our 'friends' they have captive, who they'll release if we leave the elites alive." Nowzai shrugs. "This may be an advantage for us, as long as we remain cautious. Thoughts?"

Concur with following the spiders.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

The Nest

Draconic:
"Who is this 'friend' of ours you have prisoner?"

901 to 950 of 4,759 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.