Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Screaming Jungle


851 to 900 of 4,675 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Yes, I don't look above my last round post for rolls.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Round 3 || Initiative 8 || 30/35 hp || AC 17

Until the swarm of insects dissipates I think I'm stuck with lobbing arrows at people. Anything I can do to help the guys stuck in the mess? If no one answers, I'll fire a few more arrows into the mix!

Let's target the kobold in the far east corner if possible, looks like I could take a 5 foot step and have good line of site?

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


I assume you mean far west corner?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 3 AC 23 HP 41
Cyan
ATT 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 dam 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 crit dam 2d12 ⇒ (3, 11) = 14

Robed Kobold
ATT 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 dam 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 crit dam 2d12 ⇒ (4, 11) = 15

Round 4 AC 21


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Nice hit Magma! Don't forget to include your +9 Damage on each die though. Total of 52 is sweet!


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Nice hit Magma! Don't forget to include your +9 Damage on each die though. Total of 52 is sweet!

malcolm all you get is 1 strength damage bonus and the critical if i Critical will be 2 additional d12 for my weapon


Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Nice hit Magma! Don't forget to include your +9 Damage on each die though. Total of 52 is sweet!
malcolm all you get is 1 strength damage bonus and the critical if i Critical will be 2 additional d12 for my weapon

You multiply all normal bonuses per Pathfinder, so x3 crit gets strength thrice.

Critical: The entry in this column notes how the weapon is used with the rules for critical hits. When your character scores a critical hit, roll the damage two, three, or four times, as indicated by its critical multiplier (using all applicable modifiers on each roll), and add all the results together.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai (Init 21):

hp 17 of 24
AC 12 (t 12, ff 10)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: enlarge person
2nd: baleful transposition (2), summon monster II

Acid Dart 7 use remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Wand of sleep 3 charges
Wand of acid arrow 10 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of magic missile 39 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

Round Three

Nowzai takes a few high steps to climb atop the long table, raises a wand and stands alert.

Move 10 ft south (understand if there's a difficult terrain penalty to climb up). Ready *wand of acid arrow* to hit Jackblackattack if he pops out of cover.

Acid arrow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 (ranged touch); Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 acid.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7
DM Fflash wrote:

Dalamus, I incorrectly posted the saves in your block, however you should have taken the following based on your rolls: Round 1: 1 point of hp damage; Round 2: 4 points of hp damage and 2 points of Str damage (ignore the 2nd Str damage roll); for the nauseated (which is the second save roll by itself), you can add 1 action point of 1d6 to this roll right now if you wish. If it's 4 or higher, you're good. 3 or less and you're nauseated for as long as you're inside the spiders + 1 round.

Magma, you have 4 squares of movement so 2 each for those 2 in front of you, however you'll draw an AoO from the cyan kobold when you leave a square he threatens. Once in front, you can cleave opponents that are adjacent.

I am confused by the rolls that you are talking about. I made the first, and failed the second. Why would I be Nauseated and suffering the strength negatives, since you said the second roll was for the nausea?

Yes I will use an Action Point
1d6 ⇒ 5


Because I confused myself. With the action point, you make both saves and only take HP damage. Sry.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Round 3. 48 HP 22 AC

Epik continues to attack the kobold in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


A Macabre Feast Round 3
Initiative Order: Malcolm, Nowzai, Magma, Jekkajak, Dalamus, Black Claw Elites, Nemoris, Epik, Kobold, Swarm

Malcolm dives away from the swarming spiders, somersaulting forward and crushing many of them as he slips out of his backpack and vaults onto the table and slips off the other side at the ready. Nowzai follows him, but stays on the table wand at the ready.

Magma steps through the sea of chairs, kicking them aside and avoiding the blade that swings at him as well. He takes a great sweeping slice, but the elite kobold ducks underneath it. Unfortunately for your crit, cleave requires you to hit your first target for the second hit to be allowed

Jekkajak pops up to cast a spell and Nowzai siezes the opportunity, smacking the kobold sorceror with a bolt of acid. The kobold grits his teeth, barks a command, and finishes his spell spitting out a flash of brightly colored lights that blasts Magma and Epik in the eyes but the stonechilde and paladin press on, oblivious.

Dalamus moves out of the swarm and enters the fray, dropping his crossbow and pulling out his dagger.

The 2 elites strike out at their respective opponents, missing Epik but cutting Magma. Epik counters but is parried and the kobold to his right slings another smoke stone at Nowzai before he takes a 5 foot step to the NE, edging along the wall past Epik.

Draconic:
Eyes shut!

The Dice:

Elite (cyan) vs Magma 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13; miss
Jekkajak concentration vs DC14: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 3 = 17; success
Magma Will Save vs Color Spray DC14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Epik Will Save vs Color Spray DC14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Elite (cyan) vs Magma 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26; HIT; Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Elite (purple) vs Epik 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12; miss
Kobold vs Nowzai 1d20 ⇒ 9
Nemoris takes 1d6 ⇒ 4 swarm damage + must make a Fort Save DC11 or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str damage + Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Map Update?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 4 / Init 25 / AC 20 / HP 42

I will take a 5' to try and get a better angle on the robed kobold and unload two rounds at him.

To-Hit / Touch AC - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

To-Hit / Touch AC - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 - Confirm Crit - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Damage - 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 3) + 4 = 17

BOOM! Double Crit!

I will rapid reload my pistol as a free action at the end of the round.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai (Init 21):

hp 17 of 24
AC 12 (t 12, ff 10)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: enlarge person
2nd: baleful transposition (2), summon monster II

Acid Dart 7 use remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Wand of sleep 3 charges
Wand of acid arrow 9 charges
Wand of detect secret doors 13 charges
Wand of magic missile 39 charges

Crossbow bolts 17

*Round Four*

Continuing acid damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

If Jekkajak is still standing after Malcom's gunshot and the acid damage, Nowzai will hit him again with an acid dart. Otherwise, he'll target the slinger.

Acid dart: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 (ranged touch); Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 4
AC 21 HP 36
Attack Cyan
attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17critical damage 2d12 + 18 ⇒ (7, 1) + 18 = 26

AC 23
Round 5
attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14critical damage 2d12 + 18 ⇒ (3, 9) + 18 = 30


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
DM Fflash wrote:
I assume you mean far west corner?

Yep,sorry, I'm an idiot :(

I miss on both of those? I see a roll for me in the dice section, but nothing else in round 3 :)

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Round 4 || Initiative 8 || 26/35 hp || AC 17

Guessing the cloud spread and now I'm in it? If so I'll move past to the other side, get within 30 feet of Jekkajak if I can (if not I'll target one of the elites), and fire a single arrow:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Nemoris wrote:


I miss on both of those? I see a roll for me in the dice section, but nothing else in

Yup, AC 13 will hit Nowzai and that's about it.

Wrote it but it didn't go through ... You missed and swarm covered you. Need 2d for save though.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
DM Fflash wrote:
Nemoris wrote:


I miss on both of those? I see a roll for me in the dice section, but nothing else in

Yup, AC 13 will hit Nowzai and that's about it.

Wrote it but it didn't go through ... You missed and swarm covered you. Need 2d for save though.

Cool, that's what I figured. Is the swarm expanding? Map still look pretty similar and does my round 4 make sense?

2nd Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


I didn't double check the online map last night so I assume its not updated. The swarm moves. Think of it like a 10' square carpet of spiders that flow over you.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)
DM Fflash wrote:
I didn't double check the online map last night so I assume its not updated. The swarm moves. Think of it like a 10' square carpet of spiders that flow over you.

shiver


Map is updated


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Round 4
Epik continues to engage the elite kobold:
Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will jump off the table and attack the Kobold in the corner

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


A Macabre Feast Round 4
Initiative Order: Malcolm, Nowzai, Magma, Jekkajak, Dalamus, Black Claw Elites, Nemoris, Epik, Kobold, Swarm

Malcolm fires a quick shot into Jekkajak's side and follows it up with another shot that enters the very same hole, bursting out the sorceror's other side spraying blood and guts every where. The kobold begins to curse but the acid burns through his throat choking off his dying breath and he collapses. Nowzai, satisfied, turns and shoots an acid dart to the kobold in the corner, striking the surprised creature in the chest but leaving him standing.

On the other side of the table, Magma swings strong at the elite in front of him pounding through his shield and taking a long tear down it's arm and into it's leg. Dalamus leaps past the kobold elite and cuts down the kobold in the corner. The two black claw elites, now back to back make one final rally, but after a series of parries between them and the arrows that takes the southern one in the throat, the final remaining one surrenders to Epik.

The spider swarm moves towards Nemoris but flows over the sleeping kobolds first, waking and killing 2 of them before the spiders break up and return to the cracks in the walls.

END COMBAT -- everyone receives 715xp

Loot:

  • 4 small masterwork longswords
  • 4 small masterwork composite shortswords
  • 4 small masterwork studded leather armor
  • 7 smoke stones (sling stones that cause nauseous for 2 rounds Fort Save DC14 to single target)
  • 5 slings
  • 5 small leather armor
  • 5 small spears
  • 12 doses medium spider venom
  • 8 potions (magic)
  • 1 sacrificial dagger (magic)
  • 1 cloak (magic)
  • 1 emerald cloak clasp (100gp value)
  • 12d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 6, 4, 6, 6, 3, 1, 2, 6, 3) = 48 gold pieces

The Dice:

Dalamus Acrobatics to avoid AoO 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Black Claw vs Epik 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Black Claw vs Magma 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Throw the magical items and the potions into the bag of holding. how is everyone anyone badly hurt?

i will drink a CMW
2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 4) + 4 = 16

Let's stack the weapons and armor over in a corner.

Does anyone know the human on the table?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Dalamus check the door for traps, then i will take a look and see what is there.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Macabre Feast Interrupted

Before we start tossing magic items about, Nowzai will take a few minutes to try and identify the items' properties.

Take 10 Spellcraft + detect magic = 21. If you need the rolls...

Spellcraft checks:
Potion 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Potion 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Potion 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Potion 4: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Potion 5: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Potion 6: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Potion 7: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Potion 8: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Cloak: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

WTF? 3 x 1s and 4 others below 10...


Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Macabre Feast Interrupted

Before we start tossing magic items about, Nowzai will take a few minutes to try and identify the items' properties.

Take 10 Spellcraft + detect magic = 21. If you need the rolls...

** spoiler omitted **

There are also the items from the tongueater fight. See ooc thread.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

So looks like we've got yet another prisoner. Nowzai, how are your intimidation skills feeling? :)

I think we've got a lot of gear lying around that we can probably use. Now might not be the time, but when we make it out of this cave, or setup to rest, I think we should divvy it up!

How's the human, any chance we can save him? Guess it's been half a minute since they took his heart, but worth checking?

Healing check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Arrow retrieval: 1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2


The human's heart is missing and its on fire. Odds of healing him: zero without powerful magic.

You recognize him as one of the Lucky Monkey patrons from the previous night.

Nowzai identifies several if the potions as cure light wounds. They all look the same and it may be reasonable to assume they're all the same. Of course, the kobolds carried poison as well, soooooo ....


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

The human's heart is missing and its on fire. Odds of healing him: zero without powerful magic.

You recognize him as one of the Lucky Monkey patrons from the previous night.

Nowzai identifies several if the potions as cure light wounds. They all look the same and it may be reasonable to assume they're all the same. Of course, the kobolds carried poison as well, soooooo ....

How many prisoners do we have?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik binds and gags the kobold.

Let's keep moving

Epik will lead the way through the door when the others are ready.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

How is Everyone? after the Healing potion i am at full hitpoints.
i have 1 CMW left

Epik after Dalamus checks the door i will lead because i can see in the dark without the torch.

Sound off


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus is ok to carry on without healing.

Dalamus will listen at the door, then check it for traps.

Traps
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

"I agree, Magma should enter first. Let's try to be a bit quieter this time though."


No traps on the door, its unlocked, and Dalamus doesn't hear anything.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will knock the kobold out after he is bound and gagged.

"Is there anyway to jam the door behind us so no one is able to sneak up on us from behind?"

I am ready to move forward when we decide, I will bring up the rear and have my pistol drawn and ready.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Ready to move forward as well, bow out, arrow knocked!


The party continues to explore (Flex time in effect) leaving the 2 kobolds behind (1 black claw elite that surrendered and one of the sleeping kobolds that was still alive).

Note the doors in this dungeon are constructed of heavy stone, and pivot on a central bar allowing the door to rotate on the center and leave an opening on either side a little less than 3 feet wide. Unless otherwise stated, the ceilings are 10 feet high and the walls radiate light either from an unknown source or from the patches of phosphorescent fungus that grow everywhere.

The air is wet and reeks of something rotten ... everywhere.

Barracks
This room contains several bunks. It looks like a dozen people ... or creatures ... could sleep here.

Mess Hall
This room contains a table and several chairs. A cabinet against one wall contains wooden eating utensils, plates, and the like. They don't seem to have seen much use recently.

Wizard's Parlor
This room is a breath of fresh air. While still a little warm, the air is dry and nowhere near as foul in here. A well-made desk sits against the opposite wall, which looks like it has been partially melted by an ancient lava flow. A bookshelf sits against the northern wall, and the room is well lit by a softly glowing continual flame that hangs from a chain set into the ceiling.

Storage
This room has dust markings on the floor like many things were stored here but is currently empty. In casual observance, Dalamus notices a discoloration on the northern wall and finds a secret door there. (marked on map)

Abandoned Webs
The corners of this room are clogged with webbing but a 5-foot-wide, 8 foot tall web-lined tunnel leads to the south.

The Nest
The door to this room is stuck fast with webs as the party discovers once it forces it open. Spiders the size of small dogs skitter away as you push the door open. They watch you with 24 eyes. A voice echose through the cavern in articulate Draconic:

Draconic:
You are the ones who just interrupted the ceremony? My little friends tell me you killed Jekkajak. That makes for a most interesting scenario for me. I have a proposal for you if you wish to come in to my lair to discuss ...

A tunnel leads out to the southwest. These caverns do not have the fungus nor are they well-lit. Little spiders and webs are everywhere.

Map Here


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Wizard's Parlor

"Oh my," Nowzai's eyes widen and, like a hunting dog with a hare in sight, he walks over to the bookshelf.

Search Take 20, perhaps one of the high Perception types take the lead. *hint* *nudge*

*

Nest

"Hold a moment," Nowzai tells the others. Trying not to squirm in the presence of the massive spiders, Nowzai raises his voice to reply.

Draconic:
"My mother once told me fables about those who were caught by beckoning spiders; they learned their lesson too late, and the spiders ate well. Who are you, and what do you propose?"


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Elder i will search the parlor for you.

if i take 20 it will be 20+10=> 30 for Perception
or here is the roll if i can't take 20

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Barracks
Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Mess Hall
Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Storage
Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Open Secret Door

Open inside door in the Mess Hall

We need to make sure there is no one in any of these rooms before we go through the spider webs.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

Wizard's Parlor

"Oh my," Nowzai's eyes widen and, like a hunting dog with a hare in sight, he walks over to the bookshelf.

Search Take 20, perhaps one of the high Perception types take the lead. *hint* *nudge*

Nemoris will help with the perception rolls, if taking 10 is possible it's 17 for all, if not:

Barracks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Mess hall: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Wizards Parlor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Storage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Dalamus make sure both the Elite and sleeping Kobold are secure. We can't let them escape.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 15/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik will detect evil in each of the rooms.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I will also take 20. +9 to my check


For searching: dungeon rule standards are that you take 10, so I assume the best perception mod with a take 10 (which is Dalamus at +11 for a total of 21). I give you all search DCs 10 or less automatically.

Search can be done take 20 if time isn't a factor. The way to improve that is with aid other. So Dalamus would take 20 for a total of 31 .. everyone else who makes at DC10 Perception roll can add +2 to his total. Make sense?

Epik, would you like me to assume you detect evil in all rooms from here on out and add that to exploration, at least the 1 round variant and if you wish to concentrate more, you can tell me?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Aid Dalamus - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Added 3 new rooms per Magma's exploration requests

Guardroom
This room opens into a wide, oddly shaped room. It is empty except for the arrow slits in the wall allowing you to look into the Gauntlet, below.

The Gauntlet
A long hallway with vaulted 20 foot ceilings is empty from double doors to double doors with the exception of the faintly visible arrows slits on the northern wall (as seen through the southern wall arrow slits)

Storeroom
This room contains two weeks of dried food rations and drinking water stored in large barrels

Mess Hall

Epik:
You detect evil to the west-northwest at the edge of your range (60'), obviously outside of this room and north of the Storeroom that you popped into above

Wizard's Parlor
As Dalamus, Nowzai and Malcolm (about everyone who can fit around the bookcase) start fishing through the pages of the bookcase when a sudden whirlwind of air appears with a vaguely humanoid like shape inside thrashing about everyone.

Actions for Round 1 (& surprise if applicable). Ensure loot is distributed first in OOC thread, please.

Perception DC25:
You hear a sudden intake of air and are not surprised and can act in the surprise round

The Dice:

Air Elemental Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Air Elemental Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Dalamus Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Epik Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Magma Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Malcolm Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Nemoris Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Nowzai Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Init: Malcolm, Magma, Elemental, Dalamus, Epik, Nemoris, Nowzai

The Nest

On hold until combat resolved above ...

Combat Map Here

Exploration Map Here


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Move to attack the Elemental
Attack 1
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 critical1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Critical damage 2d12 + 18 ⇒ (9, 11) + 18 = 38

Attack 2
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 critical1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Critical damage 2d12 + 18 ⇒ (5, 10) + 18 = 33

i will continue attacking until one of us is down
i yell "Elder fall back" and try to move between the elemental and the Elder


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

For the flex time exploration, Dalamus will take 20 with the aid of others

Round 1 || Int 13 || HP 36 || AC 21

Perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Dalamus will draw his bow and fire

Surprise Round
Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Round 1
Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

851 to 900 of 4,675 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.