Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


801 to 850 of 4,902 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

I set a DC of 25 based on "pushing" the animal to do something it doesn't normally do ... seemed appropriate


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

If you cover a horses head you can lead them really anywhere, it's not that hard to do for the most part


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:
I set a DC of 25 based on "pushing" the animal to do something it doesn't normally do ... seemed appropriate

I will help Nemoris

1d20 ⇒ 17


Horses are staying outside

Winch and The Lake
The party decides to try the winch out. Malcolm easily tight rope walks down to the other side and takes up point on the top of the lower winch house. Slightly uneasy at the sound of the lapping water, Malcolm glances at the lake, remembering Nowzai's words earlier, and shudders. The waters of the lake glow softly with thick, ropy, glowing algae. Now and then tiny curls of steam rise from the lake filling the area with a cloying stink of soggy plant matter. The surface of the water ripples now and again, but it's impossible to tell if these are from currents welling up ... or something hungrier.

Perception DC15, audible:
There's a muffled noise that may be music but the rhythm and cadence are all wrong ... painfully wrong. There seems to be some sort of barking and yowling that's in time with it

There is a lower winch ... everyone is able to get across in 2 baskets, no problem.

The Beach of Ruin

This large beach is covered with rocks and patches of fitfully glowing phosphorescent fungus and algae. More impressive are the stony ruins that protrude from the sheer rock wall along the beach's western edge. The architecture of these ruins seems melted and somehow intimidating--whatever creatures built these dwellings were obviously inhuman and alien in nature.

There are 3 doors visible on the map.

Plan from here?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Stealth since I am on the roof solo - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Once everyone else is here I will come down.

Perception Audible - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

"Excellent, that worked out quite well," Nowzai says while hopping out of the cage. When he sees Malcom's ear to the wind, he stops talking and listens.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"Is that... supposed to be music?" he says in a low voice, grimacing.

Can I tell where the sound is coming from?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

"This beach makes me uneasy, can anyone else hear that?" I say in a low tone

I will look at the door way of the winch building, anything or anyone in there?


Correction there are 6 doors visible on the map ... dunno how I jacked that up

Nowzai and Malcolm think the music is coming from the southern end of the ruins. Definitely inside somewhere.

The lower winch room is a duplicate of the one up top but there is an additional building attached to the west of the winch building with a door entering it (which makes 7 doors ... sigh). The door isn't locked.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
DM Fflash wrote:
I set a DC of 25 based on "pushing" the animal to do something it doesn't normally do ... seemed appropriate

Yeah, I saw that too, but wanted to make sure you knew that 'pushing' isn't a physical push, but getting them to do a trick that they are able to do but don't know, like making my horse balance on a ball or guard a cave entrance/person without having been taught how to do it:

Handle an Animal

This task involves commanding an animal to perform a task or trick that it knows. If the animal is wounded or has taken any nonlethal damage or ability score damage, the DC increases by 2. If your check succeeds, the animal performs the task or trick on its next action.

Push an Animal

To push an animal means to get it to perform a task or trick that it doesn’t know but is physically capable of performing. This category also covers making an animal perform a forced march or forcing it to hustle for more than 1 hour between sleep cycles. If the animal is wounded or has taken any nonlethal damage or ability score damage, the DC increases by 2. If your check succeeds, the animal performs the task or trick on its next action.

Totally up to you, I don't mind leaving them, but going to be bummed if my horse dies :)

Winch and The Lake
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Maybe I can make a survival check to see if there are obvious tracks or patterns of wear to determine which doors are used most frequently?

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Speaking quietly, Nowzai suggests, "We should clear the winch room first, then head south."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
Speaking quietly, Nowzai suggests, "We should clear the winch room first, then head south."

Okay Elder let's go south


The southern door is the most heavily trafficked


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"That noise is...disturbing!"

"Let's jam this winch from this side of the lake, with the basket down here, so that no one can come across after us, and if we need to leave in a hurry, it will be here." I will let the others choose the door and follow along


Disable Device DC20:
You can lock the device fairly easily and take a piece with you, preventing it from being used

Disable Device DC30:
You can remove the safety instead, turning the cage into a deathtrap. The cage would likely be destroyed in the process

Southern door then?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Southern door then?

Yes southern door


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Magma Iron Clan wrote:
DM Fflash wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Southern door then?

Yes southern door

I agree.


This is probably a good time to review dungeon rule standards so you guys know what I am assuming and what you need to act on.

Dungeon Rule Standards:

    Flex time will apply whenever able.
  • Encounters will put flex time on hold until resolved
  • If not in a rush, I assume take 20 Perception checks on searching doors and chests, only (not rooms which are discussed below)
  • If in a rush, you must make an active search check
  • Following an encounter, I assume you search the bodies unless the encounter takes you away from them for some reason
  • While moving through the dungeon and looking at things, I'll use a take 10 search check for most rooms. For your party currently, this equates to all DC 21 and lower
  • Beyond the take 10 above, you'll have to specify to search harder in any individual room

The Foyer

Dalamus searches the door and finds it unlocked but realizes that there is a tripwire trigger attached to the doorframe. Opening the door will not set it off. Disable, leave, or open the door? Need to resolve this before we proceed with combat below

A Macabre Feast

As you approach the southern door, the loud cacophony increases in tempo, the howling and yowling becoming so ear-splitting it almost stretches the bounds of your hearing. Dalamus searches the door and signals it unlocked and untrapped. Pushing it open right at the crescendo of sound, the party bears witness to an atrocious sight.

A long, once luxuriant mahogany table fills the room. Stools and chairs surround it. Bits of food and refuse have been tossed in the corners of the room. Surrounding the table are several of the red and black scaled kobolds waving their hands in the air and howling/yowling in unison. Nowzai believes that its Draconic, but it seems to be gibberish words or names strung together. Cavorting on the top of the table is a blue-scaled kobold in robes who is pulling the still beating heart out of strapped down human on the table as you enter. He barks a word and both the heart and the dagger in his hands burst into flame. He, alone, of all the kobolds sees you, and shouts something out.

Draconic:
They interrupt our holy ceremony! Kill the heathens!

Actions for Surprise Round and Round 1, please. The robed kobold is the only one not surprised

Initiative Order: Malcolm, Nowzai, Magma, Jekkajak, Dalamus, Black Claw Elites, Nemoris, Epik, Kobolds

Dice:

Dalamus 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Epik 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Magma 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Malcolm 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Nemoris 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Nowzai 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Kobolds 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Black Claw Elites 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Jekkajak 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Map here


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik attacks the robed kolbold, smiting evil on him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 4 + 4 = 26 Damage:1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14 Crit: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 + 4 = 13


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

i will move to attack the red black elite kobold in front i will continue to attack him

Suprise
ATT 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 DAM1d12 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Crit 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Cric DAM2d12 ⇒ (5, 9) = 14

Round 1

ATT1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 DAM1d12 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Crit 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Cric DAM2d12 ⇒ (7, 8) = 15


Epik wrote:

Epik attacks the robed kolbold, smiting evil on him.

Attack: 1d20+3+4+4 Damage:1d8+4+4 Crit: 1d20+3+4+4

Epik, there are a ton of dudes between you and him ... you want to ignore them and soak the AoOs? Also don't forget about the 2 points of strength damage from the poisoned arrow in earlier fight.

And a reminder to everyone ... surprise round is for 1 action, either move or standard. During surprise, you can charge in a straight line(which is a full round action) if nothing is in your way (to include allies and objects)


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:73/82, F9 / R13 / W8

Surprise Round || Initiative 8 || 30/35 hp || AC 17

I'll fire two arrows at any target I can see, if possible the robed kobold, if not anyone within 30 feet, and then finally whoever the dotted line is (as I've got a straight shot at him I think, but he's outside of 30 feet)

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

-1 to attack and damage if target is not within 30 feet

Round 1 || Initiative 8 || 30/35 hp || AC 17

Rapid shot at best target (stick with guidelines listed above), 5 foot step back if someone closes within melee, 5 foot step to either side to get a target into range if needed:

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

What are my line of sight options?


Line of sight should be anything you can draw a straight line to from any corner of your square without intersecting a solid object (i.e. wall/door). Other things (like chairs and tables) may cause cover or soft cover (with AC bonuses), but line of sight will allow you to shoot.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Can I take a 5' and also use rapid fire in a surprise round?


Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Can I take a 5' and also use rapid fire in a surprise round?

Nope, that's 2 actions.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Is the kobold straight ahead of me with the dashes around him the one in the red robe? 5' squares? If so does that make him 35' from me?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Epik, there are a ton of dudes between you and him ... you want to ignore them and soak the AoOs? Also don't forget about the 2 points of strength damage from the poisoned arrow in earlier fight.

Sorry, should have looked at the map before responding. Epik will step in and move to the nearest kobold for melee. He will withhold the smite evil for now. I've included the strength damage reduction - when does that wear off?

Surprise: attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7; damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Round 1: attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12; damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Epik wrote:
I've included the strength damage reduction - when does that wear off?

Ability damage heals naturally at 1 point per day. With long-term care for 8 hours(Heal DC15 from someone other than yourself), you heal 2 per day. Alternatively lesser restoration heals 1d4 instantly and higher forms of restoration heal all ability damage instantly

Malcolm wrote:
Can I take a 5' and also use rapid fire in a surprise round?

Let me clarify this better. You cannot use rapid fire because it is part of a full round action (full attack). You can take a 5' step at any time that you don't do any other sort of movement. So, you could take a 5' foot step and take a single attack in the surprise round.

Malcolm wrote:
Is kobold straight ahead of me with the dashes around him the one in the red robe? 5' squares? If so does that make him 35' from me?

The one with dashes (sorry about that, my cursor select was still on that guy, he actually has a white border) is 55 feet from you; the robed one (on the table) is 45 feet from you.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai (Init 21):

hp 21 of 24
AC 12 (t 12, ff 10)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: enlarge person
2nd: baleful transposition (2), summon monster II

Acid Dart 8 use remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Surprise Round

Nowzai points a wand into the room and speaks the command word.

Use the wand of sleep, targetting the near point of the table, so as to affect the closest four kobolds.

*

Round One

Nowzai will move up to the doorway and send an acid missile at the leader.

Acid Dart: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 ranged touch; Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 acid.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

If I take a 5' behind Magma and shoot the Red Kobold closest to the door will he have any cover options?.


As of right now, that kobold (red) is not in cover


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Ok then a 5' and attacking him.

Init 25 / AC 21 / HP 52

To Hit - Touch AC - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will fire his crossbow

Surprise round
kobold with the green on the map
Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 7

First round
Leader Kobold will be my target
Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Half Elf Rogue 7
DM Fflash wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Southern door then?

The Disable Device Rolls

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Damn, I had done these rolls the other day on my other PC,a nd I guess I never hit submit. I even wrote to make it a death trap, but I guess I am restricted to disabling it now...lol


The Foyer

Since no one responded to it, I'll assume you left it alone

A Macabre Feast Surprise Round
Initiative Order: Malcolm, Nowzai, Magma, Jekkajak, Dalamus, Black Claw Elites, Nemoris, Epik, Kobolds

Malcolm steps and fires at the kobold nearest him, winging it in the shoulder. The retort of his weapon echoes painfully loud throughout the cavern. Nowzai evokes a quick gesture and sparkling motes of sand fall across four of the kobolds in the room, causing three of them to collapse into slumber.

The red-robed sorceror leaps off the table behind one of the large stools, kicking it over (under cover).

Nemoris fires at the nearest kobold he can see who isn't asleep (white), his arrow finding the elite's leg.

Magma, Dalamus, and Epik enter the room finding kobolds to attack next round.

The Dice:

Yellow save vs sleep DC11 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Orange save vs sleep DC11 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Blue save vs sleep DC11 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

A Macabre Feast Round 1 ... at Malcolm's turn
Initiative Order: Malcolm, Nowzai, Magma, Jekkajak, Dalamus, Black Claw Elites, Nemoris, Epik, Kobolds

Just realized, after 5 posts ... Malcolm only gave his surprise round actions. Please send those in

Map here

Can I get a quick ammo check on Malcolm, Nemoris, Nowzai & Dalamus ... I didn't add those to my sheets yet


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 1 - Init 25 / AC 21 / HP 51

I will take a 5' to step into the door and double tap the same kobold

To-Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

To-Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


The Foyer

Sorry Dalamus, we posted at the same time ... missed your stuff in my last update. Will retro it.

Dalamus disables the trap which was built to trigger a deadfall of logs held up on the eastern wall by thin silky strands of some sticky substance. The room is empty otherwise. Everyone receives 200xp for bypassing the trap

Dalamus's round 1 crossbow shot hits the green kobold, dropping it.

A Macabre Feast Round 1 ... at Malcolm's turn
Initiative Order: Malcolm, Nowzai, Magma, Jekkajak, Dalamus, Black Claw Elites, Nemoris, Epik, Kobolds

Malcolm's weapon cracks off twice more, but continues to hit the kobold in the limbs vice vital areas, causing multiple superficial bleeds.

Nowzai steps towards the door, cursing as Malcolm beats him to the threshold and fires over the gunslinger's shoulder, his acid dart slapping into the stool the robed kobold is hiding behind.

Magma sweeps his axe around taking off the elite's head (red), he steps through the blow, banging his shins on the stools as he moves towards the next concious elite in the southern part of the building

Stools are difficult terrain costing 2 movement to get past. The table is 2 moves to climb up on and then free movement along the top of it

The sorceror pops up and points, shouting out something ... not Draconic .. and a swarm of diminutive spiders crawl up out of the cracks in the cavern, drop from the walls of the ruins and literally appear out of thin air, covering Nowzai, Dalamus & Malcolm biting and distracting them (see dice below for damage/poison). He doesn't get back down before Dalamus's bolt catches him in the cheek.

The 3 elites move almost as one, finally aware of what's going on. One mumbles a command and they all step behind cover, pull out bows and fire six shots at Magma!

Nemoris shoots 2 more arrows at his target, but the first one goes wide. The second scores a hit.

Epik continues down his side of the table and takes a haphazard slash at the little sling wielding kobold who leaps back and throws a smoking sling bullet at the paladin, missing widely.

Draconic:

Focus fire on the axe man!

Spellcraft DC17:

The spell the robed kobold cast is summon swarm. It has been metamagic enhanced for extended range and duration.

Dice:

Malcolm swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 + make poison Fort Save DC11 or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str Damage + make 2nd Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated
Nowzai swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 + make poison Fort Save DC11 or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Str Damage + make 2nd Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated
Dalamus swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 + make poison Fort Save DC11 or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Str Damage + make 2nd Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated
Elite (white) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9; miss
Elite (white) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9; miss
Elite (purple) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9; miss
Elite (purple) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25; HIT!; Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 + make poison Fort Save DC14 or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Str damage
Elite (cyan) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22; miss
Elite (cyan) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24;HIT!; Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 + make poison Fort Save DC14 or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str damage
Kobold sling vs Epik 1d20 ⇒ 11; miss

For all poison saves, if you fail a save this round and take damage, you'll need to make the save again next round or take the same amount of damage again, etc.

Map here


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 2 - Init 25 / AC 20 / HP 46

Fort Save - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Fort Save - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

I will move through the door out of the swarm and fire at the kobold Epik is fighting.

To-Hit - Touch AC -1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

Round 2 - Init 25 / AC 20 / HP 46

Fort Save - d20+6

I will move through the door out of the swarm and fire at the kobold Epik is fighting.

To-Hit - Touch AC - d20+10
Damage - d8+1

Need a second fort save


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Nowzai (Init 21):

hp 17 of 24
AC 12 (t 12, ff 10)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic,

light, message, sonic snap
1st: enlarge person
2nd: baleful transposition (2), summon monster II

Acid Dart 7 use remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Round Two

Fort save vs poison: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 {pass}
Fort save vs poison: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 {pass}

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Nowzai rushes into the room to get away from the spider swarm. Once inside, he uses his wand again, targeting the archers in the south corner.

Move 30 ft forward (square south of yellow) and use wand of sleep on the 3 kobolds in the south.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Round 2
AC 23/ HP 41 immune to poison

Step over the sleeping kobold

move to attack the cyan elite if i can attack both the cyan and purple elite with cleave i will take -2 to my AC and attack both

Round 2
Cyan
att 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 dam 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 critical dam 2d12 ⇒ (10, 4) = 14

if yes purple
att 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 dam 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 critical dam 2d12 ⇒ (10, 9) = 19

Round 3
AC 21 if yes
Cyan
att 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 dam 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 critical dam 2d12 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10

if yes purple
att 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 dam 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 critical dam 2d12 ⇒ (1, 12) = 13

Time to avenge this poor human evil ones


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 76/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 12/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Round 2 AC 22 HP 48

Epik attacks the kobold in front of him:

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Fort Save

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Dalamus will fire another bolt at any of the Elites that expose themselves

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4


A Macabre Feast Round 2
Initiative Order: Malcolm, Nowzai, Magma, Jekkajak, Dalamus, Black Claw Elites, Nemoris, Epik, Kobolds

Malcolm moves out of the swarm through Dalamus and into the room shooting as he moves and striking the elite in front of Epik striking it in the chest and causing it to cough blood. It pushes on, though.

Nowzai rushes forward and sends another burst of sand at the southern corner. The elite (cyan) yawns but it has no other discernible effect. Magma, however, does and follows up the wand with an overhand chop, destroying the chair. The elite however, leaps away.

Jekkajak (the robed kobold) yowls and turns to face Magma, waves of black energy pulsing from him and shaking the stalwart warrior to his core. Magma is able not to run but a cold terror lingers in the back of his mind. The swarm moves to cover Malcolm and Dalamus both.

Dalamus fires at the nearest kobold elite that he can see (white) and puts a bolt through its throat. The swarm smacks and bites at him however and continues to suck at his strength as well as distract him.

The 2 remaining elites take up positions on either side of Jekkajak and fire arrows at the incoming party warriors, but they all miss. The 2 warriors drop their bows and draw longswords and shields. Epik gladly engages his elite in melee and scores a blow across the chest.

The kobold behind him sighs that the armored warrior isn't after him and turns his attention to the lightly armored wizard, flinging another smoking stone at him, but the old wizard, spry for his age, ducks out of the way. Nemoris moves over and gains line of sight on the robed kobold, firing at him with 2 arrows, but the kobold's cover is too hard to get through.

The Dice:

Elite (cyan) Will Save vs sleep DC11 1d20 ⇒ 14
Magma Will save vs Cause Fear DC 1d20 ⇒ 18; SUCCESS but still shaken for 1 round
Dalamus takes 1d6 ⇒ 4 swarm damage + must make 2 more Fort Saves DC11 or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 & 1d2 ⇒ 1 more Str damage + Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated.
Malcolm takes 1d6 ⇒ 5 swarm damage + must make a Fort Save DC11 or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Str damage + Fort Save DC11 or be nauseated.
Elite (cyan) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15; miss
Elite (cyan) vs Magma 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8; miss
Elite (purple) vs Epik 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8; miss
Elite (purple) vs Epik 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18; miss
Nemoris vs Jekkajak 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17; miss
Nemoris vs Jekkajak 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11; miss
Kobold vs Nowzai 1d20 ⇒ 10; miss

Ranged weapon fiasco ending this round


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Round 3 - Init 25 / AC 20 / HP 41

Fort Save - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Fort Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 (whew)

I will drop my backpack to lessen my load, then move and tumble up and over the table to land behind Magma.

Acro Check - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

No Attack Action


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Can i move in front of the Cyan elite and reach the robe Kobold for the round 3, i would like to use the Cleave feat.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Fort Saves
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

So Dalamus will take 4 wounds and 1 strength,correct? Is he nauseated, for failing just one of the checks? Also, can I use an Action point to make another attempt?

If not nauseated, Dalamus will charge into the room drawing his sword, climbing onto the table and heading towards the Robed Kobold.


Dalamus, I incorrectly posted the saves in your block, however you should have taken the following based on your rolls: Round 1: 1 point of hp damage; Round 2: 4 points of hp damage and 2 points of Str damage (ignore the 2nd Str damage roll); for the nauseated (which is the second save roll by itself), you can add 1 action point of 1d6 to this roll right now if you wish. If it's 4 or higher, you're good. 3 or less and you're nauseated for as long as you're inside the spiders + 1 round.

Magma, you have 4 squares of movement so 2 each for those 2 in front of you, however you'll draw an AoO from the cyan kobold when you leave a square he threatens. Once in front, you can cleave opponents that are adjacent.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
DM Fflash wrote:

Dalamus, I incorrectly posted the saves in your block, however you should have taken the following based on your rolls: Round 1: 1 point of hp damage; Round 2: 4 points of hp damage and 2 points of Str damage (ignore the 2nd Str damage roll); for the nauseated (which is the second save roll by itself), you can add 1 action point of 1d6 to this roll right now if you wish. If it's 4 or higher, you're good. 3 or less and you're nauseated for as long as you're inside the spiders + 1 round.

Magma, you have 4 squares of movement so 2 each for those 2 in front of you, however you'll draw an AoO from the cyan kobold when you leave a square he threatens. Once in front, you can cleave opponents that are adjacent.

i will give the AoO, so I can attack both round 3

do want me to re roll round 3 AC 23 and my AC for round 4 will be 21

801 to 850 of 4,902 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.