Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 4: The Zenith Trajectory
Bhal Hamatugn


651 to 700 of 4,131 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Team Impatience:

Everyone notices the sounds together and quickly gathers in the woods, hiding in the dense foliage and drawing weapons, squinting to make out what's coming ahead in the dim moonlight. Magma and Dalamus have a better time of it and note four creatures exiting the mouth of the cave. Three are about 3 feet tall with red scales and reptilian like heads. They wear well-kept leather armor and carry spears and slings. The fourth is slightly taller, with greenish-black scales, immaculate black studded leather armor and carrying a shortbow with arrow nocked, a longsword at its belt. Magma and Epik step on some twigs and the shortbow wielding creature barks loudly and the other three begin to move towards your hiding location, spears poking around at the shrubs

Round 1 actions required along with initiative rolls
Epik Stealth:1d20 - 6 ⇒ (8) - 6 = 2
Magma Stealth:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Dalamus Stealth:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Black scale perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Red scale initiative1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Black scale initiative1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

See picture here
and here
map here

Team impatience Knowledge Local DC12:
The creatures are kobolds. The different colors represent different genetic lines and tribes

Team N2:
Surprise Round
Nemoris: surprise round is 1 action only ... horse can move, you can attack; normal move: no penalty to attack; because you go before the ankheg in the surprise round, you and your horse can withdraw without being attacked even though you're in reach since he's flatfooted still
Dice:
Nowz Init:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Nem Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Ankh Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ankh attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16;HIT!; Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 1d4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 + (3) = 13
Nowzai Ride to dismount: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11; FAIL!; Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Nemoris wheels his horse about, moving back 30 feet and firing an arrow deep into the beast [ooc](why +5 instead of +4?, +3 str bow and point blank shot). The creature lashes out at the nearest thing which is Nowzai's horse, knocking the panicked creature unconscious, tumbling Nowzai to the ground who skins his knee in the process.

Round 1 actions? Nowzai's horse in KOd and Nowzai is dismounted but not prone; Initiative: Nemoris, Ankheg, Nowzai
Map here
Picture here


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2
DM Fflash wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **...

N²:
The crafted masterwork bow is +4, the looted one (and my backup is +3)

Will get a full update asap, crazy busy at work :(


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2

N²:

Round 1 || Initiative 14 || 35/35 hp || AC 17

Ride check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

For the horse's movement I'll keep at range for now, not sure if I can do something like ride in to try and pickup Nowazi or not?

I'll fire two arrows (rapid shot) at the Ankh:

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

DM:
Where am I in what is going on with Team Epik? No stealth rolls or anything from you for me so just want to make sure.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 7; AC 22, HP 49/74, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +1, Longsword +10/+5(1d8+8/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1/2 1st, 1/2 2nd; 1/3 smite evils; 12/14 LoH

team impatience:
"Hold your fire. Let them come to us. Once the fight starts, kill them all. Don't let them get away to warn the others."


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Team Impatience:

initiative

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Knowledge Check
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Dalamus will whisper to the others "They look like Kobolds....Foul creatures! We would be wise to expect there to be more"

Dalamus will attempt to circle behind the lead one, and stab him in the back


Team I:
Malcolm, you already rolled a stealth check, so I used it (total 20) and you're on the map

Dalamus, you'll be in plain sight going across the path to the cave ... do you wish to do that?

BTW, Epik/Dalamus ... update your level on your paizo profile


Nemoris:
To answer your question, you can pick up Nowzai with a move from your horse and a standard action on your part; Ride DC 15


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 2/ Cleric 1 (HP 92 AC 24) (Fort 16 Reflex 7 Will 9 )

Team Imp

Initiative [dice:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 AC 23 / HP 49

i will hold my action until they reach us

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
critical 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
critical 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

Nowzai (Init 6):

hp 21 of 24
AC 12 (t 12, ff 10)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: enlarge person, lesser orb of sound
2nd: baleful transposition (2), summon monster II

Acid Dart 8 use remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Team |\|:
Round One

Nowzai stands, shaken from the fall but a determined look on his face. He quickly completes an arcane casting, throwing his hand forward and sending a small sphere of humming energy at the ankheg. It impacts with a loud clap.

Lesser Orb of Sound
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18; Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 sonic and DC 17 Fort save or deafened for 1 round.


Team N:

Round 1

Nemoris, controlling his horse with his knees, quickly feathers two more arrows into the ankheg causing great gouts of green fluid to erupt from its back. It screams in agony, rearing back and squirting a jet of green splattering acid and the ranger and his horse. They both move out of the way, but take some of the spittle (take half of damage below). The ankheg then turns and starts to flee back down its tunnel, but Nowzai is having none of that and steps up, following the beast with a shot of tightly bound musical cacophony which explodes ruining the creatures head.

Nemoris reflex1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Warhorse reflex1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage:4d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 3) = 6

END COMBAT, you both receive 400xp; actions now? Nowzai's horse is at -1


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

NN:
Horse had 13 hp, took 13 damage - shouldn't it be at 0?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Team Impatience:
AC 19 / HP 39 / Init 11

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

To-Hit - Touch AC 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I will delay until they get closer and attack the largest one.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2

Team Nⁿ:
Maybe he's bleeding out? I have got potions, or can probably help with a healing check? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Oh, btw Tike not sure how you want to handle this, but I looked up the cost of those CMW right now because I didn't know how much any of it cost, and there's no way my guy would drop ~900gp on potions. I hadn't subtracted it from my gold or put them on my page, so if it's alright with you I'm going to stick with the one I have. I can say for sure that when I asked to buy those and they said, "720 gold please" I would have declined!! I was thinking 100gp max.

And, as a side note, at that cost, better to just buy a new horse too Nowazi!


Team N:
You are correct .. .at zero. OK with the potions .. they are 300g each for lev 2 pots at base price less 20% as you discovered. Healing check could get the horse up and moving. Will need to check DCs

Team I: update tonight.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

Team Enn:
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 ... close, but good enough with an hid Other from Nemoris.

EDIT: Actually, if I'm allowed to Take 20 on the first aid check, I'll do that for sure.

"Help me out here," Nowzai waves over Nemoris, pulling out whatever he can find to help staunch the horse's wounds. "No need to spend the potion, if we can at least get her up on her feet again. I'll walk her the rest of the way."


Team Nemoris:
Both of you have the same Healroll and with an aid other from either of you, you're able to get her on her feet, but staggered. She can't do anything strenuous or will collapse to dying again. Since the beast is gone, she's no longer panicked. And, if there's nothing else -->

You head out, a bit slower now, but still making pretty good ground as the sun begins to set, following the signs Malcolm left. Shortly after the start of twilight, you hear barking and yipping up ahead, a tad south of your current location on a fairly wide animal path.

Join the regular Team Impatience thread below, will need initiative checks from the 2 of you on your first post

Team N Knowledge Local or Linguistics DC13:
You recognize the dialect of Draconic and the timbre of the voices as those of kobolds of the region

Draconic (only open if you know the language):
It's not meat, you fools! There are people approaching. I hear them on horseback. Fall back to the tunnel. Kraknaa, run to the winch and sound the alarm!

Surprise Round

Team Impatience gathers in the woods awaiting the advancing kobolds, collectively ready to slaughter them as they approach when the sound of voices and slow hoofbeats carries through the night. The black kobold barks out a couple orders and one of the three kobolds breaks into a dead run back into the tunnel while the others make a strategic withdrawal, the 2 spear-wielding kobolds protecting the bow-wielding one. They are looking to the north towards the sign of hoofbeats.

Team Impatience Int check DC6 AND Perception DC10:
You recognize the sounds of the voices as those of Nemoris and Nowzai; no more spoilers required for you!

Round 1 actions? Dalamus, let me know if you moved out into the open or not ... the likelihood of you being seen on a moonlit night is very high if you leave the cover of the jungle, but not guaranteed


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 2/ Cleric 1 (HP 92 AC 24) (Fort 16 Reflex 7 Will 9 )

Int check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perception check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 2/ Cleric 1 (HP 92 AC 24) (Fort 16 Reflex 7 Will 9 )
Magma Iron Clan wrote:

Int check 1d20 + 2

Perception check 1d20 + 9

i move to attack both the kobolds i will use cleave and take -2 to my AC on my next turn.

As i move to attack the Kobolds i yell Elder Danger Ahead

do you what me to reroll my attacks?

First Round AC 23 HP 49 Int 15
Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 critical 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 critical 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Second Round AC 21 HP 49 Int 15


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 7; AC 22, HP 49/74, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +1, Longsword +10/+5(1d8+8/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1/2 1st, 1/2 2nd; 1/3 smite evils; 12/14 LoH

Epik will move to attack the nearest kobold.

Int Check:1d20 ⇒ 15; Perception check:1d20 ⇒ 9

AC 22 HP 56

Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24; Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4; Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21;


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

Team Nowzai!:
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"Kobolds," Nowzai says, alarmed. "They are aware of our approach, and looking to warn others." He throws his horse's lead around a branch and hustles forward with Nemoris.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

I will attack the large kobold when they turn and if I don't have a clear shot I will move up as far as I need and still be able to take the shot. Do I need to reroll or use the previous attacks?

After I attack I will call out to Nemoris and Nowzai.

We are here friends, keep coming and you will find us. 4 Kobolds heading towards the cave


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

int

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Dalamus will instead draw his bow, and fire at the leader.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

Dalamus will whisper to the group, "our friends appear to have returned"


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2

Round 1 || Initiative 5 || 35/35 hp || AC 17

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I'll fire two arrows at the kobold that is running off (if I can see him. If not, then prioritize at any within 30 ft):

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Stupid busy today, update will be late tonight. Nowzai and Nemoris are about 200 feet away and can barely see the movement in the kobolds up ahead, consider that in your actions. All readied attacks need to be rerolled since this is a different round now (Magma is good ... need Malcolm's)


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

How is it a new round, no actions from the surprise round were completed? Just because you ready an action doesn't mean that you take no action unless what you readied happens. Once your action comes up you can do whatever action you want. Readied just means prepared, not locked into only that action right?


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2

Double move from my horse should put me to within 80, not sure how visibility is (or if I can even do that, here's the ride check though):
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2

Double move from my horse should put me to within 80, not sure how visibility is (or if I can even do that, here's the ride check though):
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23.


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

How is it a new round, no actions from the surprise round were completed? Just because you ready an action doesn't mean that you take no action unless what you readied happens. Once your action comes up you can do whatever action you want. Readied just means prepared, not locked into only that action right?

Negative, readied is conditional. Ready for approach or ready for casting spell. If that doesn't happen, you don't execute. You maintain your initiative which makes it different than delay plus it happens first so you can interrupt. So a full cycle has come around and now youre making a conscious decision to do something else. You shouldn't know the results of the roll before you decide, thus new roll required.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

I said I would delay until they got closer, not ready an action, so based on the rules I can change my action at anytime. Once they started to move away I would have attacked then

From the SRD: By choosing to delay, you take no action and then act normally on whatever initiative count you decide to act. When you delay, you voluntarily reduce your own initiative result for the rest of the combat. When your new, lower initiative count comes up later in the same round, you can act normally. You can specify this new initiative result or just wait until some time later in the round and act then, thus fixing your new initiative count at that point.


Suprise Round Confusion:

Actually, Malcolm delayed through the surprise round and others readied. When the kobolds initiative hits in Round 1, you can act if you so wish, but act after they do (which is what you stated ... so you'd act on 13 in this round and can fire ... after they move).

To be clearer, you essentially delayed to the end of the surprise round. Since they didn't act in the surprise round, on init 1, you reset your initiative to 20 at the beginning of Round 1 and delayed until they acted at 13. You essentially deferred your surprise round with the intent for them to come closer. They've now started combat by moving away from you, negating the surprise you would have had if you'd attacked when you had the opportunity.

Why the reroll? Campaign info tab house rules state the following:
[i]Combat will be done round by round; DM will roll initiative and everyone will post their actions for that round; if someone else's actions change your post, changes will be accepted until the round's actions have been posted. Characters will make all active rolls each round. DM will make all saving throws.[i]

Cave Entrance Round 1
Init: Epik 15, Magma 15, Red Kobold (runner) 13, Malcolm 13, Dalamus 10, Nowzai 6, Nemoris 5, Black Kobold 2, Red Kobolds (protecting) 2

Epik moves out of the brush quickly and wounds a kobold with a quick slice. Magma follows to get into position for a great blow of his axe but doesn't have enough juice left (double move required] to attack.

One red-skinned kobold flees toward and into the cave. Nemoris, he's out of line of sight inside the tunnel. Malcolm fires at the large kobold but his bullet deflects off a tree soft cover. The noise cracks through the night startling all the kobolds into a jump. Dalamus also fires at hits the kobold, who snarls and fires back at the closest thing possible ... Epik. The paladin takes the arrow and feels his strength sap away from the poison the kobold apparently coverd it with.

The group of 3 kobolds withdraw closer to the cave and create a wall just inside.

Nemoris and Nowzai ride/hustle closer to the fight. Nemoris is 80 feet out, Nowzai is 140 feet out. Nemoris can make out the 3 kobolds before they move to the tunnel.

The Dice:

Malcolm to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13; miss (soft cover/if you chose to move closer for point blank range, you'd still miss)
Black Claw to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23; HIT!; Damage:1d6 ⇒ 4 + 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str dam
Epik fort save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13; FAIL!

End Round 1. Round 2 actions? Map updated


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 7

Round 2

Nowzai (Init 6):

hp 21 of 24
AC 12 (t 12, ff 10)
Status normal

Spells Prepared
Cantrips: detect magic, light, message, sonic snap
1st: enlarge person
2nd: baleful transposition (2), summon monster II

Acid Dart 8 use remaining (8/day)
Riftcutter 1 use remaining (1/day)

Nowzai will run to follow Nemoris to the battle.

Double Move, or Run if the path allows it.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Round 2 || Initiative 10 || 41/41 hp || AC 21

Dalamus will fire another arrow, taking aim at the leader

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 2/ Cleric 1 (HP 92 AC 24) (Fort 16 Reflex 7 Will 9 )

ooc i am assuming that i could not use my cleave feat last round because of the double move action. so i will use it this round.

i move to attack both the kobolds i will use cleave and take -2 to my AC on my next turn.

secound Round AC 23 HP 49 Int 15
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 1d1d12 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 critical 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 1d1d12 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 critical 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Third round Round AC 21 HP 49 Int 15

ooc thank god i rolled that 1 on a critical threat.


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2
DM Fflash wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Cave Entrance Round 1
Init: Epik 15, Magma 15, Red Kobold (runner) 13, Malcolm 13, Dalamus 10, Nowzai 6, Nemoris 5, Black Kobold 2, Red Kobolds (protecting) 2

Epik moves out of the brush quickly and wounds a kobold with a quick slice. Magma follows to get into position for a great blow of his axe but doesn't have enough juice left (double move required] to attack.

One red-skinned kobold flees toward and into the cave. Nemoris, he's out of line of sight inside the tunnel. Malcolm fires at the large kobold but his bullet deflects off a tree soft cover. The noise cracks through the night startling all the kobolds into a jump. Dalamus also fires at hits the kobold, who snarls and fires back at the closest thing possible ... Epik. The paladin takes the arrow and feels his[/i][/i]...

Did I get a shot off at the kobolds that are still in site, my range with the bow should be 80-90 pretty easily?

I'll take another double move action on the horse to close within 30 feet, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 (forgot to add in my saddle bonus before, which is why it's 8). With the ride check of 20 I can dismount as a free action, and then I'll rapid shot at the same kobold I fired at before (use the rolls from last time if they couldn't be used or reroll?)


Yeah, you can shoot one, but I need you to give me a different target than before. Double move on a horse should get you much closer by the way ... 120 foot is a double move. See my notes on rolling ... you can use your rolls within the round they;'re rolled. Once I've posted a round update, you can no longer use those rolls.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

AC 19 / HP 39 / Init - No Idea

To-Hit Touch AC - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Attacking the leader.


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

AC 19 / HP 39 / Init - No Idea

To-Hit Touch AC - d20+9

Damage - d8+1

Attacking the leader.

Are you moving in closer? Touch Attack only within 30 feet, right?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Advanced Firearms: Advanced firearms resolve their attacks against touch AC when the target is within the first five range increments, but this type of attack is not considered a touch attack for the purposes of feats such as Deadly Aim. Advanced firearms have a maximum range of 10 range increments. Revolver is 101' for touch AC to apply

I can't seem to find the updated map anywhere, can you please relink?

I will move my half and still attack.


Copy touch attack on the revolver ... Map is at the same link as before, or on the maps/images part of the shackled city Google site. I'll get a url out tomorrow.


Cave Entrance Round 1

Nemoris fires at the large kobold and wings him in the arm as he flees Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't rapid shot after a control of the horse since rapid shot is a full-round. You also get a -4 to your hit roll for the double move .

Cave Entrance Round 2

Map here; note the kobolds are inside the tunnel (not shown well on map, they're not on top of the cave)

Init: Epik 15, Magma 15, Red Kobold (runner) 13, Malcolm 13, Dalamus 10, Nowzai 6, Nemoris 5, Black Kobold 2, Red Kobolds (protecting) 2

Taking some liberties here to move the game along

Epik pursues the kobold he was following, but the nimble beast dodge his swing. Magma follows in behind him and splits the skull of one due to your movement of 20 and their movement of 30, you aren't able to get next to both of them.

The runner disappears down the tunnel beyond the range of Magma's darkvision, taking off as quickly as he can. Malcolm and Dalamus move south to get line of sight and put and arrow and a bullet into the black kobold, causing it to stagger and spew blackish blood everywhere. Amazingly it's still on its feet. Nemoris gallops up out of the darkness and leaps off his horse, but misses the leader with his wobbly shot.

Nowzai jogs up behind and surveys the scene.

The black claw kobold barks another order, fires an arrow wide and retreats down the passage into the darkness. The red kobold reluctantly ceases its retreat and with trembling hands stabs its spear at Epik, stopped immediately by the paladin's armor.

lowlight and darkvision can still see black kobold

Draconic:
Stay and protect me and let the alarm be sounded! Hextor demands it of you!

The Dice:

Epik attack vs kobold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9; miss
Nemoris attack vs black claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4; miss
Nemoris ride check for control mount: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23; SUCCESS!
Black claw vs Epik:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12; miss
Kobold vs Epik:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Round 3 actions?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 2/ Cleric 1 (HP 92 AC 24) (Fort 16 Reflex 7 Will 9 )

Magma will move to attack the Black Kobold

Attack1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 damage 1d12 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 critical1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

AC 21 HP 49 INT 15


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 2/ Cleric 1 (HP 92 AC 24) (Fort 16 Reflex 7 Will 9 )
Magma Iron Clan wrote:

Magma will move to attack the Black Kobold

Attack1d20 +8 damage 1d12 +9 critical1d20 +8

AC 21 HP 49 INT 15
i will see to the Black Kobold finish the little one


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

AC 19 / HP 39 / Init - 13

I will move up half and attack if there is something to attack otherwise I will move double to get to the cave and pull out my flashlight.

To-Hit Touch AC 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Damage - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Round 3 || Initiative 10 || 41/41 hp || AC 21

Dalamus will fire another arrow at the Black Kobold

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 7; AC 22, HP 49/74, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +9, Init +1, Longsword +10/+5(1d8+8/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1/2 1st, 1/2 2nd; 1/3 smite evils; 12/14 LoH

Cave Entrance Round 3

Epik attacks the red kobold:

Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9; Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8;


Cave entrance Round 3

Epik cuts down the red kobold with a quick slash and Magma runs forward into the darkness, closing with the black kobold but not quite making it there before Malcolm's shot whizzes by his ear catching the black kobold in the face spraying brain matter everywhere. Magma can see the final red kobold just leaving the edge of his darkvision, running as quickly as it can down the steep tunnel slope.

Pausing at Dalamus initiative. All visible enemies are dead, Dalamus, Nowzai & Nemoris --> anything you want to do?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 2/ Cleric 1 (HP 92 AC 24) (Fort 16 Reflex 7 Will 9 )

magma will carefully walk down the passage to keep the Kobold in his vision


Magma can't carefully walk and keep the kobold in his vision. The kobold moves faster than him normally and is not being careful. It's already left his vision during Round 2


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will instead join the chase, keeping an eye on Magma, so as not to get lost. Dalamus will be running to catch up

651 to 700 of 4,131 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.