Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Screaming Jungle


1 to 50 of 4,702 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Day 1 of the Flood Festival
Gonna kinda throw the whole week out here, flex time in effect, so jump around as you wish

Following the Stormblade encounter, you set off to enjoy the festivities and get some much-needed down time
In the evening, Dalamus swaggers into the Tipped Tankard to the roar of many of his hometown supporters, both old acquaintances and newfound fans due to the party’s exploits.

Dalamus/Drink Down the Flood:

The rolls below (and for each of the following days) are your competition’s. These are Con checks, if you make at least one more than him, you win for the day and move on to Day 2, if you fail, stop rolling  If you have anything you want to do to help yourself win (i.e. cheat), throw that out there as well
DC:5 1d20 ⇒ 10
DC:6 1d20 ⇒ 13
DC:7 1d20 ⇒ 4
DC:8 1d20 ⇒ 6

In the afternoon, while watching Nemoris take yet more money from another archery game causing the poor man to shut down his shop, you notice a man leaning up against another booth staring intently at the party from about 30 feet away.[/b]
Malcolm:
You recognize Dalamus from a decade ago.

Day 2
Dalamus/Drink Down the Flood:

DC:5 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
DC:6 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
DC:7 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Crater Lake Monster Hunt Round 1:

The first round’s festivities start with a ton of pomp and circumstance. The town gathers around as local hedge wizards, artisans, and even some grifters set up games, booths, and entertainment to support the opening ceremony’s of the city’s favorite festival event. A 1-hour display of fireworks and acrobats precedes the first 2 competing teams. Your team (named Magma plus 3 since you lack a party designation currently) is faced up early against a group of Town Guardsman. A couple you recognize, with some distaste, from your time in Prison and they don’t seem eager to see you either. Stripping off their clothes, they chomp at the bit to swim for the win.
The goal is to find the proper match between the chits you’ve been issued and the boats in the water. Again as before, if you wish to aid yourselves in any illegitimate way (magical augmentation/divination etc.), let me know. Barring that, make 5 swim checks and 5 to-hit rolls for each of the 4 competitors (Magma, Nemoris, Epik & either Malcolm or Dalamus(hungover likely)].

Day 3
Dalamus/Drink Down the Flood:

DC:5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
DC:6 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
DC:7 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
DC:8 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Knowledge Local: DC 15:
You notice a knot of half-orcs in multiple places today, well-equipped, orderly and with a blue-tusked boarhead-emblazoned arms. Cauldron’s population of half-orcs last you checked was less than you could count on 1 hand.

Day 4
Dalamus/Drink Down the Flood:

DC:5 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
DC:6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
DC:7 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
DC:8 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
DC:9 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
DC:10 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
DC:11 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
DC:12 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
DC:13 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Day 5
Dalamus/Drink Down the Flood:

DC:5 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
DC:6 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

If you decided to enter the street performance:
Perform: DC 20:
You’ve been working at your entertainment it all week, and it seems you have caught the eye of someone important.

Day 6
Dalamus/Drink Down the Flood:

DC:5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
DC:6 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
DC:7 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
DC:8 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
DC:9 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
DC:10 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
DC:11 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

You hear rumors and talk of a fantastic costume party this evening known as the "Demonskar Ball," but try as you might, you can't seem to get an invite. Even Skie, who is invited, says that the invitations are very particular and no "additional guests" are allowed. She seems sad that you aren't participating.
Nowzai:
As a member of the nobility, you talk to a couple lesser nobles and find that the Aslaxins are hosting this event. Zachary Aslaxin, the Stormblade, put out an message to explicitly ensure the members of the party weren't invited.

Day 7
Jenya has returned and is available to meet with you.

Nowzai:
You receive an embossed invitation from the Bluecrater Academy. It says you have an appointment this afternoon for an entrance exam. It mentions bringing an exam fee but doesn't say how. much


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Day 6

What do I know about the Aslaxin family? Or, any reason we are excluded?

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

*

Day 7

Nowzai will tell the others (who are awake/sober) about his exam, gather his belongings, and spend the morning in solitude performing mental exercises in preparation. At noon, he'll have a light lunch of bread and oil and head out to the Academy.


Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:

What do I know about the Aslaxin family? Or, any reason we are excluded?

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20+10

Nowzai Knowledge (nobility):
Nowzai looks through his notes from long past, and finds some references to the Aslaxin family, triggering memories: The Aslaxins ancestral home is in Kingfisher Hollow, with a city home in cauldron. Their wealth is rooted in the sugar and coffee plantations they own along the banks of the river before it enters the jungle. However, they've since become renowned art dealers, mostly non-volcanic furniture, sculpture, and paintings. The family also owns the Coy Nixie, a high class tavern and dancehall known for it's fabulous food and entertainment. Zachary Aslaxin is the current head of the family, and you've met his son, Zachary Aslaxin II, a member of the Stormblades. From your notes, your father described an encounter with Zachary Aslaxin years ago, and noted he was cool, silent, and calculating, a difficult man to bargain with. A consummate business professional, serious but sincere.

The only reason you can see for being blocked from the invite is the Stormblades' current distaste for your party

Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
Nowzai will tell the others (who are awake/sober) about his exam, gather his belongings, and spend the morning in solitude performing mental exercises in preparation. At noon, he'll have a light lunch of bread and oil and head out to the Academy.

Nowzai is able to make the trek to the Bluecrater Academy quickly, having done it many a time this past week. The invite is surprising, given the expectation to be running errands for quite some time, but refreshing. He is met at the entrance by Vortimax Weer, whose generally scornful appearance has been replaced by one of anxiousness. "Come now, Nowzai, are you ready? I've put a bit of my own on the line here for you, so don't screw this up! Hurry along now, they're waiting for you in the atrium!"


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Day 2

Five Swim Checks:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Five to-hit rolls:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Day 7

Jenya, I believe that the slavers we discovered beneath Cauldron are part of a larger evil plot. As a servant of Iomedae, I have dedicated my life to eradicating the forces of evil. What do you know of the nefarious forces at work in the city?


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7
Epik wrote:

Day 7

Jenya, I believe that the slavers we discovered beneath Cauldron are part of a larger evil plot. As a servant of Iomedae, I have dedicated my life to eradicating the forces of evil. What do you know of the nefarious forces at work in the city?

Walking into the Church, you find Jenya in a bit of a panic, her hair is awry and she's tossing her office searching for things. Acolytes hover around her, unsure of what to do, and worshippers in the church cast furtive glances her way every so often.

Approached by Epik, she starts, obviously thinking of something else, "Umm, yes, Epik ... I've heard rumors of some sort of thing, but nothing concrete and nothing to act on as of now, but ..." she shakes her head as if clearing it, "There is something else now! I've been about town and sent acolytes to the nearby village of Redgorge looking for some sign of Sarcem, he should've been back by now. He sent a message over 2 weeks ago saying he'd retrieved the wands from Sasserine and that he, his companion, and their guards were headed back this way!"

"He should have been back by now!" She repeats herself, "And then today, I got this sending!" She waves a piece of paper at you, pressing it into Epik's hands. It reads:

Betrayed ... wands ... captured ... hurt ... she's coming back ... monkeys ... need help

She looks at you desperately, "Help him, please ... you must ... I can't leave the church ..."


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP 88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 3/3 1st, 3/3 2nd; 3/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 14/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

We'll help Jenya. Why are the wands important? We'll leave for Redgorge at first light.


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

"Oh my, I'm sorry, I didn't explain ... of course you don't know. Every year for the past several decades the clerics of the four major temples in Cauldron have been making wands of control water to stem the flooding of Crater Lake during flood season. It's been particularly warm and we've gotten particularly efficient at it so we've not been needing as many. We've always worked together to make them, but the others have lost interest and Sarcem couldn't make them on his own so he went to Sasserine to purchase them instead."

She purses her lips, "My acolyte said Redgorge was clear, and Sarcem mentioned monkeys. The only monkeys I know of are the ones in the jungle along the road to Sasserine. He can't be far ... he just sent the message today and he's been travelling for near two weeks since the last message. But feel free to double-check Redgorge ... you never know what you might turn up. Just hurry ... he's the high priest ... and I just don't know what we'd do if he ..." the stalwart priestess collapses into a chair, on the verge of tears.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Day 1

I will send Dalamus and his table a round, based on what see them drinking now

I will try and catch Dalamus's eye and gesture for him to come speak to me.


Dalamus:
You recognize the man, but can't quite place him. You've definitely met him before.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Drink Down the flood.

Day 1

DC:5 1d20 ⇒ 18
DC:6 1d20 ⇒ 13 (tie, what do you want to do?)
DC:7 1d20 ⇒ 6
DC:8 1d20 ⇒ 21

Day 2

DC:5 1d20 ⇒ 21
DC:6 1d20 ⇒ 20
DC:7 1d20 ⇒ 9

Guess that is the end of the road.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus notices the man, but is leery of where he may know him from....What does he look like? Does he look like the law? nobility?


Dalamus Othreleth wrote:

Drink Down the flood.

Guess that is the end of the road.

Not quite ... those are Con Checks (so you should be adding +2) and your target is the DC # to the left, not the opponent's number. The opponent fails when he doesn't meet the DC ... all you have to do is go one further than he did when he failed. (so if he fails on DC 7, you just need to succeed on DC 7 to go to the next day). All the days have a failure on them except Day 5. If you get that far, I'll add some


Dalamus Othreleth wrote:
Dalamus notices the man, but is leery of where he may know him from....What does he look like? Does he look like the law? nobility?

Dalamus:
He looks like someone you ran with or at least did business with. You get a good feeling about him.

Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Day 3

DC:5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
DC:6 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
DC:7 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
DC:8 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Dalamus:

DC:5 14
DC:6 6

Day 4

DC:5 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
DC:6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
DC:7 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
DC:8 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
DC:9 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
DC:10 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dalamus:

DC:5 6
DC:6 16
DC:7 3

It was a good run!


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dalamus will approach the man at the booth. Thanks friend for the drinks, for what do we owe the privilege? I am Dalamus (He holds out his hand for a handshake)


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Day 2
Swim Check
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Hit hit rolls
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Quote:
Wow can this water get any colder

as i struggle with my swimming.

what am i trying to hit?


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Day 7

Quote:
My Lady, we are here to help. dalamus and I both have a problem with the guards, we must see them every three days, is there something you can do to fix that? Would the Guards or the merchant guild know anything about the monkey attacks on the road? do you know what road Sacrem would have taken to return to the Cauldron? how long does it take to jounrey from Sasserine to the Cauldron? If you can fix the problem i have with the guards, i will leave at first light with Epik.

day 3 Knowledge check

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

it will be + 6 if the knowledge check is history


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1
DM Fflash wrote:

In the afternoon, while watching Nemoris take yet more money from another archery game causing the poor man to shut down his shop, you notice a man leaning up against another booth staring intently at the party from about 30 feet away.

Might not be doing this right, will try to edit it if I can! How's the archery game going, and what do I need to roll?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)
Dalamus Othreleth wrote:
Dalamus will approach the man at the booth. Thanks friend for the drinks, for what do we owe the privilege? I am Dalamus (He holds out his hand for a handshake)

You're welcome Dalamus. I don't know if you will remember me, we met about 10 years ago on my twin sister, Katrina, and my 18th birthday. My father, of Count Godfrey Talbot, of the Duchy of Urnst, sent us here to celebrate. We met you while drinking at the Laughing Lion, you took us under your wing and showed us an excellent time.

I come to you today in need of your assistance again. Katrina was kidnapped almost 5 years ago and I have been looking for her ever since. My father did nothing to save her and we have had a falling out. I have followed a lead here and I was hoping you could help. I don't have any money to pay you for your assistance but I am at your service until I find her or have paid my debt.

Please my old friend, can you help?


Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Quote:
Wow can this water get any colder

as i struggle with my swimming.

what am i trying to hit?

Day 2

Swim checks are to get to the various boats out in the water, to hit rolls are to shove your special chit into the "slots" in the boat. One of the boats is the "right" one. Basically you need to succeed at at least 1 swim check where the corresponding hit is a critical threat.


Nemoris wrote:


Might not be doing this right, will try to edit it if I can! How's the archery game going, and what do I need to roll?

Day 1

Roll Dex (or Str) checks for each archery game you wish to play, DC20, if you fail, it costs you a gp. If you win, I'll let you know how much. If you win too much, they'll stop catering to you. You can play as many as you like. Just stick it in a spoiler so it doesn't clutter up the posts


Magma Iron Clan wrote:

Day 7

day 3 Knowledge check
1d20 + 2

it will be + 6 if the knowledge check is history

It's a knowledge (local history) check; on any of these spoiler skill checks, make the roll and if you beat the DC, go ahead and open the spoiler and read it. You can then edit your post to add info relating to what you read. If you don't make it, leave it alone and move forward


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

Day 7

"Magma, I understand your predicament and I will talk to the Town Guard, but I cannot promise they will change their minds. You may just have to be back within 3 days! As far as the road & length, take the road west, past the Lucky Monkey, which is about a day's travel from here and then it's another 5 to 6 days to Sasserine if the weather holds. There are some gullies and washouts along the way that can make travelling during rainy season quite dangerous."

She frowns at the mention of the Merchant Guild, "As far as information on the monkey attacks, the Town Guard probably won't know anything, they keep to Cauldron and its confines. The Merchant Consortium certainly would, but I have no idea who runs it or how to contact it. They are a very secretive organization and while some of its members are well known, they are tight-lipped about the Consortium itself. Your guess is as good as mine with regard to that."


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Day 1

[ooc]I'd like to keep working on my bow, so I'll try to spend ~8 hours a day focusing in that. It doesn't sound like we're doing much as a group, but if we do sign up for any of the group events I'll probably put the crafting on hold. On Day 1 I'd also like to go speak with Gurthenon about the possibility of his assistance with my bow.

Arrow Game:
Here my rolls are:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Day 1

Gurthenon & Nemoris:
The old smith is suspicious of your request at first, until you convince him that you're not out to open your business. He'll be willing to assist you for 100 gold or the promise to only buy/sell your non-magical arms from/to him.

Gurthenon's assistance will halve your crafting time

Arrow Games:
Nemoris starts off strong, coming extremely close to winning a few but not quite there. He shells out a few more coins and comes close to walking away, but finally finds a nice rhythm and plunks out a few extra gold pieces (9gp to play, 15gp in winnings)

Day 4

Drinking down the flood:

Dalamus tears through the Tipped Tankard and the Drunken Morkoth in the first 2 nights, drinking the local tavern lushes straight under the table. On Day 3, the competition, the poor sot, hasn't recovered from the previous 2 nights, and throws up after tasting one drink. Since this round is at the Coy Nixie, Dalamus enjoys an elegant meal without being too drunk to taste it. Day 4 finds him at the Cusp of Sunrise, an exclusive members only restaurant frequented by nobility and the very wealthy. The high society club has set up an outdoor patio and uses their very own elven wine. The potent stuff goes straight to Dalamus' head, and his opponent, the Cusp's very own, Adrick Garthun, owner of Garthun's imports, crushes Dalamus in the contest. Laughing jovially, the one-eyed, snowy-haired dwarf, adjusts his diamond-studded eye patch and cordially helps the half-elf off the ground. "Next time, boy, you may have a chance. You don't get as old and onery as me without having spent some time around all kinds of liquor. HAR HAR HAR!" And with that, he slaps Dalamus on the back, and walks down the street with a very slight list.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Day 7

DM Fflash wrote:
"Come now, Nowzai, are you ready? I've put a bit of my own on the line here for you, so don't screw this up! Hurry along now, they're waiting for you in the atrium!"

Nowzai nods his head at Vortimax. "Why the anxiety? I didn't expect an invite so soon." Nowzai frowns, trying his best to hide his own nervousness. "What can I expect from the examination?"

*sigh* I thought I was finished with all of these silly apprentice games. Aren't I too old for such?


Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
Nowzai nods his head at Vortimax. "Why the anxiety? I didn't expect an invite so soon." Nowzai frowns, trying his best to hide his own nervousness. "What can I expect from the examination?"

Day 7

"Harumph ... well, heh, yes ... I've got a bit riding on you, you see. I'm in a bit of debt to the Academy and should you prove to be promising, then well, they may look the other way. I may even be back in good standing if your, uh, experience maps you out to be a, say, journeyman, or even a maven! I really need you to do well, Nowzai ... it's not often we get a wizard of your clout who hasn't been courted by the Academy already. I'm sure you'll find it worth your while. The great library here is second to none in the region." the old alchemist looks worn and weary, his normal curmudgeonry conspicuously absent.

A blue-robed youth with feathered hair and a golden all-seeing eye amulet comes forward. "Nowzai, I presume? Please, come with me."


Male Half Elf Rogue 7
Malcolm Reigns wrote:
Dalamus Othreleth wrote:
Dalamus will approach the man at the booth. Thanks friend for the drinks, for what do we owe the privilege? I am Dalamus (He holds out his hand for a handshake)

You're welcome Dalamus. I don't know if you will remember me, we met about 10 years ago on my twin sister, Katrina, and my 18th birthday. My father, of Count Godfrey Talbot, of the Duchy of Urnst, sent us here to celebrate. We met you while drinking at the Laughing Lion, you took us under your wing and showed us an excellent time.

I come to you today in need of your assistance again. Katrina was kidnapped almost 5 years ago and I have been looking for her ever since. My father did nothing to save her and we have had a falling out. I have followed a lead here and I was hoping you could help. I don't have any money to pay you for your assistance but I am at your service until I find her or have paid my debt.

Please my old friend, can you help?

Yes....I think I remember you now. That was a good number of years ago now. I am sorry to hear about your sister, what happened that lead to her disappearing?

why did your father do nothing? that seems odd, considering he once sent you and your sister here to celebrate your birthday. That seems quite generous.

I can try to help you out....What leads are you referring too?

Sorry, where are my manners.... Come have a drink with my friends and I, and we can talk about this later.

(Who is there with Dalamus?)


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Day 1

My father felt that Katrina was getting willful. She met a man, he called himself Jarvin Demak, I have learned this to be false, and was taken in by his charm and story's of how ladies were treated where he was from. My sister never wanted the same things that my father wanted for her, I don't know if you remember but she was a free spirit and did not want to be married off to secure an alliance and live in a loveless marriage.

After a few months she told father she was going to travel to Jarvin's home to be married. He forbid it and had Jarvin forcibly removed from our home and our lands. That night she vanished from her bedroom. My father was furious and assumed she ran away with Jarvin. Her windows were barred and there was a guard at the door. No one came or went from that room by normal means. I suspected magic but my father would hear nothing of it.

The next night we received the ransom letter with a lock of her hair and her signet ring with instructions and the promise that if my father paid, she would be returned with no harm to her, if he did not, he would never see her again. My father was convinced that she ran off with Jarvin and this was her way of getting enough money to travel the world with him. He refused to pay.

I know my sister, she is my twin after all, I can sometimes sense what she is feeling and I could feel her fear. She was not trying to steal money from father, she was in trouble. My father wouldn't listen to me so I called in favors and tried to gather the money myself but I was woefully short.

That night I went to the rendezvous. Jarvin was there, but my sister was not. He was surprised to see me, he didn't think my father would pay. I demanded to see Katrina, but he wanted to see the money. He knew I couldn't have enough as I didn't have a chest or any other way to carry the amount he had requested. I told him that I had some, and that if he released her I would take her place. He called me a fool, and started to gesture, something appeared in front of him and he said. "They didn't pay, kill her!" My connection to my sister was severed, I felt her die, or so I believed. I lunged for him, he gestured again and hands reached out of the ground and grabbed my ankles causing me to fall. More hand reached out of the ground to hold me in place. "Fool, he whispered, this was never about the money. You will never see your sister again." He gestured again and I blacked out.

I awoke the next morning bruised but alive, I even still had the money I had brought. I returned home to my mother crying and my father in a rage. He asked me what I thought I was doing, "MY heir doesn't risk himself for some fool of a woman who runs around laughing and flirting like a common whore." Before I knew what was happening I punched him across the face, breaking his nose. I challenged him then and there to a duel.

We fought, and I stabbed him through the chest, just missing his heart. I couldn't kill him, though I felt he deserved it. His priest healed him and I was exiled.

I started to search for Jarvin, my intent was to kill him and avenge my sister. Through out my travels I have heard stories about a cult that seduces young royals and then kidnaps them. They request a ransom and then tell the victim that their parents wouldn't pay, even if they tried. They will then play on the victims sorrow and anger and manipulate and use it to convert them

I have spent the last five years looking for Jarvin and my sister. I have been close several times but I am always a few days behind. But now, I think I am closing in on her again. I sometimes can feel out connection again, but all I feel from her is anger. My last contact told me my sister was a heated conversation with a flame-haired priestess of Hextor last seen in the environs near Cauldron a few days ago, but I don't know her name.

Will you help me?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Day 1

Before I meet Dalamus or after depending on how things turn out I will be looking for either a card or dice game to try and increase my funds in case there are bribes or favors that need to be paid. What are the rules for gambling? I have marked cards and loaded dice that I will try and use if I think I can get away with it


Malcolm Reigns wrote:

Day 1

Before I meet Dalamus or after depending on how things turn out I will be looking for either a card or dice game to try and increase my funds in case there are bribes or favors that need to be paid. What are the rules for gambling? I have marked cards and loaded dice that I will try and use if I think I can get away with it

You haven't been here long enough to get into any high stakes games, so a regular profession check to earn money is appropriate per the skill rules (1/2 your check total in gold per week). Cheating will give you bonuses (+5), but there is a chance you will get caught (opponent's sense motive). Fail by enough and you risk having the Town Guard called.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN
Quote:
Lady Jenya, what is the Lucky Monkey? Epik, should we go to the Lucky Monkey and check to see if Sacrem made it to that point? That will be as far as I can go unless Lady Jenya can get the guard to change their minds.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Day 7

DM Fflash wrote:
A blue-robed youth with feathered hair and a golden all-seeing eye amulet comes forward. "Nowzai, I presume? Please, come with me."

With a final bow to Vortimax, Nowzai turns to the youth. "Lead on, please."

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11; Do I recognize the symbol?


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Profession Check

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Gurthenon & Nemoris:
Gurthenon, that is a very generous offer and one I can't turn down! I'll be happy to pay 100gp, do you think we'll finish within the week? I also had another request of a more sensitive matter. I've been told this bow looks like it could contain magical properties. I don't suppose you know anyone who would be able to assist me with that?

Day 2

Arrow Game:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

What day is the exchange between Malcolm and Dalamus taking place?


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Day 2

Swimming:

Swimming rolls
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

To hit rolls
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Day 2

Gurthenon & Nemoris:
"As in enchanting the bow you wish us to make together? We'd have to be perfect in our crafting you know? There are a couple of things that I know that I could help you with, but not much special without a spellcaster. Bluecrater is your best bet, or even one of the churches. St Cuthbert and Kord both have able casters. Other than that, I'd head to Redgorge or Hollowsky and touch base with them, short of travelling to Sasserine, of course."

Arrow Game:
-2gp, +5gp


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Swimming:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

To Hit:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Day 7

Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
Do I recognize the symbol?

Must be your nerves, you don't recognize it as a religious symbol, but as the young man leads you through the various libraries, you see it on doors, and other similarly dressed men. Your astute powers of observation tell you that it's associated with the school.

The youth leads you wordlessly along long, rich carpets through rooms where various men and women pore over tomes. It seems like every room is covered in book shelves, every door made of fantastically carved wood with gilded edges and artistically crafted hinges and doorknobs. Chandeliers hang in the air, suspended by nothing, and students carry reading lights around, and that's when you notice that there are no open flames in the entire building. Every light is magical, some different shades and powers, but there is not a single flame.

You are finally led to a bare room, with three cloaked, hooded men standing in a semicircle. The youth motions for you to enter and closes the door behind you. Within moments the three men start speaking near simultaneously, bombarding you with questions. After a moment, you realize they want you to respond.

Make Knowledge Arcana DC 17, Linguistics DC 17, & Spellcraft DC17 rolls.

1 or less successes:
The three figures stop speaking simultaneously, your last answer echoing in the chamber. After an interminal moment, a voice says, "You may leave." The door opens and the youth from before ushers you out quickly leading you back to the front. Vortimax is gone, and the Academy closes its doors behind you. The finality of the door shutting lets you know ... you didn't make it.

2 successes only:
The middle figure turns his head to the other two and shakes it, fading away in front of your eyes. The other two pull their hoods down and step forward, "Welcome apprentice!" they say in unison.

You are now a member of the Bluecrater Academy. Check the Google site for updated info

3 successes:
The three figures all sigh together. The middle one steps forward and says, "We've been waiting for an applicant with such promise!". The other two step forward and speak together, "Welcome, journeyman!"

You gain 1 prestige point for a perfect exam and are now a member of the Bluecrater Academy, check the Google site for updated info


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7
Magma Iron Clan wrote:
Quote:
Lady Jenya, what is the Lucky Monkey? Epik, should we go to the Lucky Monkey and check to see if Sacrem made it to that point? That will be as far as I can go unless Lady Jenya can get the guard to change their minds.

"The Lucky Monkey is a tavern and inn along the road to Sasserine. It's fairly famous in these parts due to its location in the depths of the jungle. You have to like the sound of baboons howling to be able to sleep there, though. Not my cup of tea."


Day 2

Crater Lake Monster Hunt Round 1:
The setup team has pushed about 100 floating boats of various shapes and sizes all over Crater Lake. Each team starts from the same side and after discussion about tactics and a quick discussion of rules by the referee (no magic, no interfering with the other team), the game is off with a clang of a bell. The 8 contestants swim out to different boats, clambering aboard and looking for the slot to check if their chit is a match. Looking at the task before you, and it seems like it will take forever, but as luck would have it, on only the second boat Nemoris climbs on to, when he places his chit in the matching receptacle, fireworks explode all around him, shooting into the air and bathing the area in heat. A roar goes up in the crowd nearby as the party's first round of the Crater Lake Monster Hunt comes to a close. The Town Guardsmen tread water watching with mouths agape, not really even having a chance.

Round 2 is on Day 4. Need 4 swim checks and 4 to hits from each contestant. You're up against a group of athletic elves in from Hollowsky


Male Half Elf Rogue 7
Malcolm Reigns wrote:

Day 1

My father felt that Katrina was getting willful. She met a man, he called himself Jarvin Demak, I have learned this to be false, and was taken in by his charm and story's of how ladies were treated where he was from. My sister never wanted the same things that my father wanted for her, I don't know if you remember but she was a free spirit and did not want to be married off to secure an alliance and live in a loveless marriage.

After a few months she told father she was going to travel to Jarvin's home to be married. He forbid it and had Jarvin forcibly removed from our home and our lands. That night she vanished from her bedroom. My father was furious and assumed she ran away with Jarvin. Her windows were barred and there was a guard at the door. No one came or went from that room by normal means. I suspected magic but my father would hear nothing of it.

The next night we received the ransom letter with a lock of her hair and her signet ring with instructions and the promise that if my father paid, she would be returned with no harm to her, if he did not, he would never see her again. My father was convinced that she ran off with Jarvin and this was her way of getting enough money to travel the world with him. He refused to pay.

I know my sister, she is my twin after all, I can sometimes sense what she is feeling and I could feel her fear. She was not trying to steal money from father, she was in trouble. My father wouldn't listen to me so I called in favors and tried to gather the money myself but I was woefully short.

That night I went to the rendezvous. Jarvin was there, but my sister was not. He was surprised to see me, he didn't think my father would pay. I demanded to see Katrina, but he wanted to see the money. He knew I couldn't have enough as I didn't have a chest or any other way to carry the amount he had requested. I told him that I had some, and that if he released her I would take her place. He called me a fool, and started...

Malcolm that is a story of an epic tale, that seems to only just begun. So you have learned that the name Jarvin was false, but do you have any idea of what his name may really be?

We can try going to the church and describing the woman that your sister was fighting with, perhaps that description would lead us to at least a name.

As for compensation....you are probably aware by now that getting aid from others does not come without a cost. I am sure there are plenty of pockets that we may need to line to get the information that we need. Do you have any coin that can aid us in that?

There is one other, small matter....I am currently on restriction from the town guard, over a misunderstanding really...but I am required to report back in every 3 days. This is going to pose some challenges, but we will see what we can do.

Let's start this just before the end of the celebration, I am in much need of holiday, but also there are more people here in the city than normal, so before the week is through, we shall start. Until then, have a drink on me.


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Day 1

Long Story Text:

Jarvin has been called many names. In Chendl, in the Kingdom of Furyondy he was called Alexander Moyle and seduced the daughter of one of the Seven Families. In Rel Mord, in the Kingdom of Nyrond, he went by Halix Dorian and along with a woman who's description closely matched my sister converted both son's of Duke Raylan. The duke learned of my hunt and helped finance my trip to Naerie, in the Southern Province, where I was able to find and free both of his sons. They pointed me here, having overheard a discussion between Jarvin, who they called Daz'zuk, speaking to someone they swear they overheard him call Iuz about coming to Cauldron next. I have dismissed their claims and two scared young men who could not have heard what they think they heard. But there is a small part of me that wonders if that could be the force behind these kidnappings...

Perhaps tomorrow we could try and find this church and ask that very question.

As for funds, I am almost out. What was left of Duke Raylan's money after I reached Naerie and found his sons went to make sure of their safe return. I had a promissory note from him that would allow me to pull funds from most major cities but there was a storm while crossing the Azure Sea and most of my belongings were lost.

If you know of any high stakes card or dice games in the city, I will be able to increase my funds, being new to town I have not been able to make the proper connections to locate the best games

Is there anything I can do to assist with your troubles with the town guards?

Thank you for the invite to join you, please introduce me to you friends so I can regal them with my charm and wit!


Male Half Elf Rogue 7
Malcolm Reigns wrote:

Day 1

** spoiler omitted **

Oh this guy is going to be a lot of fun to track down. We shall head to the church tomorrow.

Come meet my friends (introductions to come soon)


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Day 7

DM Fflash wrote:
Within moments the three men start speaking near simultaneously, bombarding you with questions. After a moment, you realize they want you to respond.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

After the bombardment of questions, Nowzai knows he was very close... too close... to not passing the exam. Still, he raises his head and faces his examiners. "Thank you. It is an honor."


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Day 4
Swim checks
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

to hit checks
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Human Gunslinger lvl 6 (AC 21 / HP 73 / Init +7 / Fort +9 / Ref +12 / Will +6)

Day 2

Once Dalamus wakes up from his drinking and can face the sun, he and I will go look for the flame-haired priestess of Hextor and my sister


Male Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Order of the Bow Initiate 2/Deepwood Sniper 1

Day 3 Archery::

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Hmm, I guess now that I have some extra gold, I might as well outfit myself for adventure. I'll head to a general store and pickup a 'few' things.

Here's the full list and prices (taxes included in total)::

Backpack 2gp
Bedroll 1sp
Trail Rations x10 5sp
Waterskin x2 1gp
Rope(silk) 10gp
Lamp Oil x2 1sp
Flint and Steel 1gp
Torch x3 1cp
Crowbar 1gp
Chalk x5 1cp
Mirror(steel) 10gp
Marbles x3 1sp
Candle, Insectbane x5 1sp
Arrow, Grappling x2 1gp
Sunrod x2 2gp
Tindertwig x5 1gp
Wrist Sheath (springloaded) x2 5gp

Total pre-tax: 50.18
Total post-tax: 51.44 (rounded up)

1 to 50 of 4,702 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.