Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 5: The Demonskar Legacy
The Demonskar: Vaprak's Voice


1,051 to 1,099 of 1,099 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Captain Kidd is in


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

I am in, that sounds awesome. I am going to play a guy like Capt Shakespeare from Stardust :)

ok most likely not, but damn if that wouldn't be a fun as hell toon


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

I'm in

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Sounds awesome, I am in.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

It's a great adventure path - i'm in.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Well cool! =D

I started a discussion thread HERE. Head over and start throwing out ideas!


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

Thanks for bearing with me. I should have a combat post up tomorrow and another one or 2 during the week if you respond quickly enough. Starting 3 Sep, I'm headed to the virgin islands for 2 weeks and won't be taking the laptop, so we will have a little break then.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Are we going to get a post before you leave tike?


No ... I can do wayfinder stuff but no big posts. Have already arrived in St Thomas.


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

Have fun dude, you deserve some family time


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

I am flying, do I still need to make the save?


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

Negative Sam, no need to save

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Aasimar Alchemist 1 Bombs (5/day 1d6+2)

i will be in Az for the the week starting 11/7. i will have a computer to check for updates and posts.


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

Great, have fun!

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Dal is interested in the bracers of armor +4 and a potion of cure moderate wounds. Dals AC is only 20 at the moment.


Bracers wont stack with your actual armor, FYI


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Really? So they are only useful if your not wearing armor?


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

I would like to thank all of you are in the military for your services. My father was a reservist for 25 years so I know how much you sacrifice to keep our nation safe.

Thank you for everything you guys do, it is appreciated.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Elder can you use the bracers?


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Thanks Kam! =D

Yes, Nowzai will bid on them.

FFS, do we really need to retreat/rest after every f'n encounter??


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

There is literally no reason not to do it.

It takes Tike 3 lines of text to say you find a safe place to heal up before resting for 8 hours and now you are back at the tunnel. Please let me know what new spells you have memmed and if there is anything you want Jenya to memorize.

Give me one reason that we should not when I am down more then half my spells, almost everyone has been hurt, you have used several spells, and we could maybe memorize some spells that might do better in tunnels and creatures that can cast darkness.

And by my count this is the 3rd encounter in about 4 minutes worth of game time.


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

You are limited by raw time. Resting now will help you heal, but spell preparation is a daily affair. If it hasn't been long enough since your last rest, you can't prepare more spells.

Id have to go back and see when your last rest was and how many hours it has been, but generally I've been considering at least 12 hours since you woke before you sit down to rest again for arcane casters.

Jenya and Epik actually have to pray at the same time of day to get theirs. Dawn for Iomedae.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Okay...

1 Reason: The DM won't say that.

2 Reason: If we leave, we will fight a more organized resistance on the way back in.= adaptive, intelligent enemy = higher risk.

3 Reason: This all assumes they *let* us rest. Hit-and-run skirmish attacks every 20-30 minutes = no rest.

4 Reason: You still have (slightly less than) half your spells.

5 Reason: I still have spells, wands and SLAs.

6 Reason: The paladin, ranger, and fighter don't run out of attacks.

Seven: Resting after *every encounter* (as you have suggested) is meta-gaming.

8 Reason: Pushing forward, battered and bruised, into the den of evil, surrounded by enemies, determined despite our wounds and weariness = f$$+ing HEROIC!

9 Reason: It's a game.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

lol.....F#+%ing HEROIC!!! I want to yell ADRIAAAAAN when we attack!!


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

Resting after 3 huge encounters is not meta gaming, it's smart gaming.

We have been on our way to this place for at least 10 hours and I think it's closer to 12 as I had to recast my 8 hour spell as we hit the tunnel and Tike said we had 3 hours left on those, so I am pretty sure we have put in a full day of adventuring.

Running headlong further into a complex at half strength is stupid, and I am no longer willing to keep doing it.

Yes the fighters don't run out of attacks, yippee for them. But I am fairly certain that Jenya's haste-like spell, my haste spells and any other buff spells we can cast makes them more effective.


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Are we really at half strength? We should be close to full HP and we still have significant resources. The draw back to resting before we really need to is that they could counter attack us while we're resting, which could negate getting your spells back. It seems unlikely that we will find a secure place to rest in this complex. Perhaps we should keep going until we find one.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

The real question is, how strong are we? How many spells do we have? If it turns out the spellcasters can barely contribute from this point forward, then it is a foolish move. If they are able to continue at the same rate that they have, then we should push forward.

Honestly, I have no idea what they have left in them.


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

I have:

4 level 1 spells
1 Level 2 spell
1 Level 3 spell.

Of 18 possible spells available

I have 2/3 of my available Arcane Points so hypothetically I could get a few of those spells back but finding a place to rest is preferable.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

I've used a lot of spells, but I still have a few summons and effect spells ready. All the major buffs only have 5 min ticked off, so they're ongoing. I've got a bunch of wands and SLAs too.

I'm 100% in agreement with Epik. And we've broken the back of this place... Lets press on and finish it.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

I ultimately don't care which way we go on this one. It is a bit disconcerting howeever that our casters are really low, and if we need their spells....they just won't be there.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:82/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Dalamus Othreleth wrote:

I ultimately don't care which way we go on this one. It is a bit disconcerting howeever that our casters are really low, and if we need their spells....they just won't be there.

Let's find a spot to rest, I think we're too low to safely press on. Does anyone remember (did we notice?) if there's a crossroads or someplace with enough room in the pipe for us to setup camp?


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Majority rules. Let's press on.


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

Where exactly is your majority?

Nemoris and I have already moved on to look for a place to rest

You and Nowzai are for move on

Dalamus is on the fence leaning towards resting

Pressing on is stupid, and I am going to go find a place to rest with Nemoris and who ever else wants to go, you guys want to press on we'll wait for your replacements.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:82/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Epik wrote:
Majority rules. Let's press on.

I don't see a downside to resting. It's evening or later, we just had 3 brutal fights, and at least a few of us have already fallen back. Let's keep the party together, rest up, and if we do get interrupted, take it from there.


Magma ...


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8
Sama'el Val'varen wrote:
Pressing on is stupid, and I am going to go find a place to rest with Nemoris and who ever else wants to go, you guys want to press on we'll wait for your replacements.

...

So, because you don't like the outcome, you're just going to take your ball and leave?


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

First of all the outcome hasn't been decided.

What I am saying is what Sam is going to do, he's going to go try and find a safe place to rest, come or don't.

We have killed everything we have ran into, literally everything else we run into as we move forward will be 100% at full strength while we are not.

We are going to run into 3 'False Sisters' that Nidrama told us about, who if they are fallen Deva's since that is what she is, We CAN NOT fight them at our current state.

We are most likely going to run into a Glabrezu as well as it was depicted on that painting Alek sold, and I am pretty sure we will need to be at full power for that fight too.

If we rest for 8 hours seriously WTF is the compound going to do? Train more monkey warriors, raise all the dead ones? Make more traps? WTF could they really do in an 8-10 hour window to be more prepared for us?

We are not on a deadline hear, resting after being on the road for 10+ hours and have gone through 3 fairly big fights.

At what point is it ok for us to rest? Once one of us dies? Two of us, when exactly are we weak enough that it makes sense to rest?

Sam says now is time, and he isn't going to risk his life pushing further in unless the only goal is to find an area that we can secure and rest.

I vote for moving out of the compound and finding a place that we can defend.


Male Human R:1/F:4/OotB:2/DSniper:1 - AC: 25 (T:15, FF:21) HP:82/82, F9 / R13 / W8
Nowzai al'Nazari wrote:
Sama'el Val'varen wrote:
Pressing on is stupid, and I am going to go find a place to rest with Nemoris and who ever else wants to go, you guys want to press on we'll wait for your replacements.

...

So, because you don't like the outcome, you're just going to take your ball and leave?

Dude, you can't complain about this that much. The last time we ended up not doing what you wanted to do I thought it was going to come to blows...

I gotta admit, we have to get this s**# figured out, it's sapping a lot of the fun out of this game for me.


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8
Nemoris wrote:

Dude, you can't complain about this that much. The last time we ended up not doing what you wanted to do I thought it was going to come to blows...

I gotta admit, we have to get this s&** figured out, it's sapping a lot of the fun out of this game for me.

I honestly have no idea what "last time" you're referring to, but I agree with you 100% about the sapping.

I don't contest that there are good reasons to rest here, and there are. But I disagree that we are "tired" and don't have enough offensive power to finish our task. FFS, all the monkeymen just ran away - not sure they would do that if their big boss were still around...

All *in game* reasons aside, my main objection is to Kam going "I don't care what you think, I'm leaving anyway", which is ridiculous.

Irregardless, let's f#$*ing move on.


Male Teifling Bladebound Magus 8 (AC 27 / Hp 83 / Init +6 / Fort +9 / Ref +9 / Will +7)

Whatever, lets just press on like geniuses and if we TPK then so be it


Male Human Wizard (Conjuror) 8

Continue until we can find a secure spot to hole up? I think that's a fair compromise. Based on Nemoris's scouting, outside looks worse than inside.


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

Not entirely certain if this is solved or not and while I enjoy the discussion, myself, (Party interaction is healthy) when it devolves into the discussion boards I feel I need to intervene.

First, we are all adults and conflict resolution should be something we are all comfortable with by now.

I see several traps above that Id like to caution you all against in the future given they unravel the thread vs spooling it up. None of these are specific to an individual because honestly I can see both sides as an unbiased observer.

1. Avoid personal attacks. Keep it on topic and in the game.
2. Don't be dismissive of another's point of view. It's not wrong, it's different.
3. Be willing to compromise. Attempt to see the other side and see where you can find common ground.
4. Leave your arrogance and sarcasm at the door. They are destructive
5. Consider that as a party, you all have been involved in violent conflict together, a lot. There is a level of bond and camaraderie that comes from that mutual survival that is unparalleled. None of you would willingly abandon another to their fate in the midst of hostile territory. Sentient beings just don't work that way and given that none of you are inherently evil, I think we can agree on that.
6. Recommend you solve this stuff in character not out of character. Its less personal that way and easier to change your mind ... your pride doesn't get wrapped up in it.

Ill put in game comments in the Gameplay tab.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

Well said Tike....and I just want to say....You all suck!! (Its not personal, because I said to all of you) lol :)

Let's go with Daves compromise...push until we can find a safe place to get prepared (Whatever that means).


Female Human Priestess of Iomedae 7

Given the intensity of the discussion, I won't post until everyone has had their chance to make their final vote. Based on the above, I'm only counting 2 votes since the apparent close of discussion, Nowzai and Dalamus. Once all votes are in, I'll proceed. This isn't the Catholic church ... no abstinence.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

i agree with the elder


Male Human Paladin (Oathbound Paladin - Fiends) 8; AC 21, HP88/88, Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +13, Init +1, Greatsword +14(+9)/+9(2d6+7/19-20x2)
Tracked Resources:
Spells 2/3 1st, 1/3 2nd; 2/3 smite evils (+7/+8/+7); 7/17 LoH(4d6), 1/1 DB (+2)

Press on.


Male Stonechild Stonechild 4 / Fighter 3/ Cleric 1 (HP 108 AC 28) (Fort 16 Reflex 10 Will 10) alignment LN

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I don't know where Brad/Dalamus is going with this. I, Dave, may have b%&!!ed a bit about the resting thing, but Nowzai didn't. He made his case, we eventually came to a compromise and moved on. Epik and Magma were already on board with continuing. I don't see how that turns into Nowzai 'manipulating' or 'badgering' the party.


Male Half Elf Rogue 7

The back and forth with the party was in game right? It's hard to recall because it was on both boards for a time.

If it was on the discussion board, then my whole conversation would take a different tone. I was playing out the entire event as a whole....in game. I am going to look back and see if I can find where the in game line ended.

1,051 to 1,099 of 1,099 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / DM Fflash's Shackled City Campaign OOC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.