Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Feral's Icebound Outpost [PFS] (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Pathfinder Society Scenario #3–19: The Icebound Outpost is a Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st- to 5th-level
characters (Tier 1–5; Subtiers 1–2 and 4–5). This scenario is designed for play in the Pathfinder Society Organized Play


151 to 200 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30
DM Feral wrote:

There was at least of minute of getting into the armor. If you want to retroactively get a hit off the wand, go for it.

I assumed you left them behind at least a little, otherwise stealthing ahead would be impossible.

Oh yes, I wasn't complaining. This is all fine and makes sense to me. I can go into the battle 2hp down. That's more the character's style anyway!


The armor is +1 studded leather armor. That's a total armor bonus of 4.

The woman on the right is the one that chucked the dagger at you. She's a rough looking Kellid woman in leathers with a second dagger in her other hand.

The woman on the left is of tian descent and is dressed in a fur-lined robe. She is wielding a short sword and shield (seemingly made from folded paper).

Grand Lodge

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

"Chanix...should we join you or would you prefer to escort our "hosts" outside?"

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix retreats back through the entrance. Move to G2
"What do you say ladies? Care to join me in the open? Might allow you to make better decisions about who you're dealing with."

intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Intimidate is a single-target thing unless you've got Dazzling Display. Which one did you want to intimidate?

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Could I switch to diplomacy? Same bonus. Otherwise intimidate the one whom attacked me.


Well they're already hostile so diplomacy isn't likely to do much right now. We'll stick with intimidate.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla pockets the scroll and the bill of sales. Turning to the slaves. ”We will get you out of here, but for the time being you should stay put here. We will escort you out on our way back.” Hearing the commotion up ahead ”Mr. Scouting Elf always troubling the locals…” Priscilla retrieves her starknife and joins her companions.
Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Hahaha! You mean they don't want to be friends? Intimidate it is then!

The Exchange

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Chuckling at Priscilla's comments, Toren gets ready to move into action.

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Cath: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Neev: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Initiative Order
Chanix
Neev
Rhydderch/Toren
Cath
Priscilla

Chanix's retreating quip seems to have left the woman on the right a bit shaken.

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Ready action to attack (rapier) first enemy that passes me

Chanix comes through the opening as he remarks back at the Ulfen. Sword in hand, he steels himself against an oncoming attack and prepares to strike.

staying put in G2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 +2 if flanking by chance
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 add 1d6 for sneak attack if flanking 1d6 ⇒ 2


The kellid woman advances on Chanix, intent on making up for her earlier miss.

Chanix's ready goes off and misses.

She evades the elf's predatory strike and swings back with a growl.

Dagger -shaken: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Rhydderch/Toren are up.

Grand Lodge

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Chanix pulled back to G2...assuming Neev is at F3?

Rhydderch moves to F2 and swings his sword at the woman attacking Chanix.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The Exchange

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Move to D3 and attach with polearm if alive
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
"Damn this fightin'! Jes give up already!"

If not alive call out to the remaining
"Yer friend didn't learn their lesson, don't be as stupid. Throw down yer weapons and put yer hands up in front of yeh!"


Yeah, she's still up.

Rhydderch's blow lands and rocks the woman but she still stands. Toren's attack glances off of her leather armor.

The elven woman moves closer and chants a spell. She glares at Rhydderch with a baleful glance.

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The paladin's eye go wide with fear.

Rhydderch is frightened.

Priscilla is up.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla steps up behind Chanix, as the image of magic stones fades in her mind, she reassuringly touches his back. Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Chanix is up.

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix feeling renewed takes another stab at his assailant.

attack and flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
damage plus SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (6) = 13

if I'm not flanking then 5' step to flank first


You can't really get a flank but it doesn't matter because you hit without it and your damage dropped her anyways.

The elf's rapier finds its mark and the kellid woman collapses with a snarl on her lips.

Rhydderch, suddenly overwhelmed by the terrifying images filling his mind, flees the scene. It's not really important which direction, but if it comes up the spell lasts 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

Toren is up.

Grand Lodge

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

"She's coming right at us!" Rhydderch flees...cowering behind the slaves.

Sorry guys....looks like I'm sitting this one out!

The Exchange

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"Hey, blue eyes...where yeh goin?" Toren calls after the fleeing figure. He shrugs and points his Bec de Corbin at the remaining person. "This is yer last chance, give up yer weapons and yeh'll live." He moves into striking distance to help make his point.


The elven woman shrieks and brandishes her blade.

"You Pathfinders don't scare me. I wield the might of paper!"

She takes a step forward and strikes at Toren.

Paper Sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The blade proves to be surprisingly sharp but glances off of Toren's armor.

Priscella/Chanix you're up.

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix rushes back into the room and takes a wide route to end up behind the paper elf.
Move to D5 for flanking

Rapier at the ready he lunges out at the woman...

attack with flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
damage with SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3) = 6

Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
critical damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

...and strikes true.


It's going to be impossible for Chanix to get a flank without provoking or making an acrobatics check to get past her.

Grand Lodge

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Rhydderch continues to be frightened and tries to warn the slaves. "Paper...she wields a sword made of paper! This is madness! We're doomed!"

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Where is she then?

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla steps up starknife in hand, not fearing paper. “I think you meant to say the pen, not paper, paper on its own is blank…”
If strategic positioning is possible she will move there, Starknife To Hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Dmg1d3 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Crit Confirmation 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Extra Damage 2d3 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4


Chanix's rapier pierces the paper-shield and Priscilla's knife slashes through it a second time causing it to collapse into shreds. The woman casts the bloodied scraps away and draws another scroll that, with a whip of her wrist, forms into another shield.

"Paper cannot be defeated!"

She slashes at Priscilla with her paper sword.

Paper Sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Map

Toren/Chanix/Priscella are up. Post in any order.

The Exchange

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"As you wish, yeh paper lovin' idiot!"

Attack (flanking) 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Wow, lots of 20's...Confirmation 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


The elven woman raises her shield in defense and then watches in shock as Toren's polearm goes through the rigid paper, hacking off the better part of her arm.

She collapses in a bloody heap.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

”You can come back now Blue Eyes, we got you covered, and bring those poor souls with you.” Once sure there are no further threats, Priscilla will bring Chanix closer to the slaves and channel her energy to the group.
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 3

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Thank you Priscilla.

Feeling brand new Chanix sets to the task of searching everything.

perception on the bodies: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
perception on the room (traps, secret doors etc): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 add +1 for traps

Grand Lodge

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

"Wait..what happened? Did I really run away from a woman wielding a sheet of paper?" Rhydderch silently wonders if he'll ever be able to live this down. Perhaps I should have opened that curio shop after all...

The Exchange

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Toren guffaws and claps the man on the back. "HaHA! Yeh sure did! I nearly feinted with laughter when it happened. But tha's alright, everyone needs something like that in this group. Yeh shoulda seen the hats Ms. Priscilla had us wearin' this one time..."

Toren looks around again at the writing on the walls and sees if he can make any sense of them...
Notice Unusual Stonework1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Shaking his head he says, "Anyone think they can figger out what the scripty lookin' stuff on the walls says?"


On the elf you find four scrolls, her spellbook, and assorted coins.

On the kellid woman you find a potion of cure light wounds.

In addition you find:

On the far side of the room a desk, the surface of which is dominated by a detailed map, albeit somewhat allegorical and stylized, of the Vudran
peninsula.

A small golden statuette of a many-armed and grotesquely tusked seminaked woman, partially wrapped for transport resting in one of the Aspis Consortium’s crates.

A much larger statue that has been wrapped in blankets, tied with tough twine, and laid on its side beneath the desk. This statue weighs near 1,000 pounds.

From here the only room you haven't explored is to the northwest.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla takes a closer look at the map. She passes her hand over the map without touching it.
Cast Detect Magic
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge Geography 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix rolls up the map quickly and stuff it in his pack. He unwraps the statuette and sets it on the desk to get a better look.

KN:local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 I know this is a stretch

"Anyone recognize this?"

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Perception to search the desk? I'm not sure if that was included in previous search or not. Any locked drawers? Secret compartments? Shadow Lodge symbols?


The mad does in fact detect as magic. Further study reveals it to be a scroll!

I assumed you searched the desk.

The Exchange

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Perception to notice the map being rolled up 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

If Toren notices...
"Chanix, what was that mappy lookin' thing you just put in your pack?"

If he doesn't...

Toren wanders aimlessly a bit then comes to rest on his shield and polearm.


Toren spotted the map. Priscella took a few seconds to cast Detect Magic on it.

Grand Lodge

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Tasked with restoring a holy shrine...Rhydderch is overwhelmed by the sheer number of them in this place. He examines the two statues as closely as possible. They have clearly been moved here from somewhere else...perhaps a closer look will jog my memory about what I've seen this far today,

Knowledge: Religion (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 6
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Rhydderch's limited knowledge of religious trivia proves insufficient to determine any details.

Grand Lodge

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

With a shrug Rhydderch closes his eyes and says a brief prayer quietly to himself; asking for either the knowledge to complete his task or forgiveness for not being able to do so. He removes the twine and blankets from the larger statue and attempts to place it upright.

He then spares a brief glance at the others who seem to be busy with tasks of their own. He stays out of their way but will offer assistance if asked.

So many secrets within secrets in this thing of ours...

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix pulls out the map again and turns to Toren

"Not much of a map at all apparently. You're welcome to it if you can make something of it."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla takes a second look at the map, and then looks up at Chanix and Toren. "Well don't just stand there, Blue Eyes needs a hand"

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix's eyes widen as he looks at Toren and then gives Priscilla a sideways glance of surprise. He sets the map down and moves to help Rhydderch.

strength check assist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

The Exchange

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"Wait, this bit here...if'n I'm readin' this right, and that can be a big IF at times, it's marked Vudra. I know I'm supposed to find some sort o' map or anything with knowledge about eastern Vudra to turn back into me taskmasters at the Society. Yeh don't mind if'n I take it back to them?"[b]

Toren realizes that Priscilla's admonishment about Rhydderch rings too true, [b]"Sorry Bluey, lemme see if'n I can help at all..."

Appraise precious metal and stone 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

151 to 200 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Feral's Icebound Outpost [PFS] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.