Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Feral's Icebound Outpost [PFS] (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Pathfinder Society Scenario #3–19: The Icebound Outpost is a Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st- to 5th-level
characters (Tier 1–5; Subtiers 1–2 and 4–5). This scenario is designed for play in the Pathfinder Society Organized Play


101 to 150 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

The hall opens into another open area.

The sheer walls of the glacier dominate this open courtyard, towering as high or higher than the central sanctum’s tall spired dome on the courtyard’s south end. A wide set of stairs leads up into the sanctum itself, while a lone statue stands out as the only feature of the courtyard, whose walls are encased in thick ice.

Four human men, ill-dressed for the environment, hack at the glacial eastern wall of the courtyard with rusted picks. Despite the chill, all four are sweating from the intense physical labor as though working in 90-degree heat.

A short squat man with leathery skin, who looks to have just come out of weeks spent under the harsh desert sun of another world, lashes the workers with a whip. He is dressed in bulky, bone-studded leather lined with furs.

As the group enters the area he turns and snarls, "Pathfinders..."

A small hunting cat steps alongside the man and hisses.

Chanix: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Priscilla: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Rhydderch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Toren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Slaver: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Cat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Map

Chanix is up followed by the slaver.

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix takes the lead as slavery doesn't agree with him in the least on this day and not under such conditions. Dagger in hand he steps out into the room Move to D1 and throws his dagger at the cat.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage+sneak attack: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5) = 10

confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Chanix's dagger flies true and embeds itself deep in the cat's shoulder. The beast yowls in pain but still stands.

The short man grabs a nearby slave and pulls him forward as a human shield. The slave struggles feebly but is too weak and tired to resist.

In his other hand a blade of pure flame appears.

Spellcraft DC: 17:
Flame Blade

Priscella is up.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla stuck in the back again, grants a Bit of Luck to Toren on the front line.
"What have we done to you, whip boy?"


Despite the severity of its wound, the cat charges forward and lunges at Chanix's knee with a bite.

Charging Bite: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The angry feline savages the elf's leg and tries to pull him down.

Trip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

But Chanix resists.

Rhydderch and Toren are next. Please just post in any order.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

I'm assuming no AoO from the slaver since his hands are busy holding the slave?

Unwilling to take the chance of harming the slave by accident with his blade, Rhydderch moves in and attempts to trip the slaver.

"Unhand him you cowardly heathen!"

Trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


He's only got one hand on the slave. The other is wielding his flaming sword. He is capable of taking an AoO. Did you still want to try a trip?

Also, you will be provoking from the cat to get to him.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Yeah...lets play it out. I can't waste that roll.


The paladin rushes past the angry cat exposing himself to its sharp claws.

AoO Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The claws scratch harmlessly against his armor.

The slaver swipes at Rhydderch when he goes to sweep the leg.

AoO Flame Blade: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The fiery sword passes through the paladin's armor scorching the flesh underneath.

Rhydderch recoils just enough from the blow to foil his attack.

The damage from the AoO is applied as a penalty to your CMB check, thus reducing it to 16 which misses.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

CMD > 16....yikes! Toren....help!

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Toren yells at the flaming sword man, "Yeh coward with yer flamy sword! " He runs as far as he needs to reach with his polearm and brings the sharp blade down in an overhead smash...

Move and attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Your CMD is 15. Is 16 that much of a stretch?

Toren will be provoking from the cat as well (that is assuming it has Combat Reflexes). Does Toren still want to move up to attack?

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

For a caster...yes. Not criticizing...just surprised.


He's a druid. Not every caster dumps all their physical stats.

Also, he's got cover from his human shield. =P

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Didn't think cover from the slave would have affected a trip...otherwise I would have simply attacked. Oh well!

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

You get a reroll Toren :P

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Woo bit of luck! Does the cat have reach? My polearm does...

Reroll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Oh, not at all. For some reason I read your post as going after the druid.

In any event, both your attacks miss.

Chanix, you're up.

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Standing his ground against the cat Chanix unsheathes his rapier and stabs at the cat.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Chanix's blow lands and, though it's only a glancing one, it finishes what his dagger started.

The slaver hacks again at the paladin.

"I'll get some decent coin for a pretty one like you!" he hisses.

Flame Blade: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

This time Rhydderch gets out of the way of the dangerous blade of fire.

Up next: Everyone else, then Chanix.

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Toren looks at Rhydderch, takes a small step, and attacks the man.

5 foot step and attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


The squat man curses as Toren's polearm grazes him despite his human shield.

"You'll pay for that!"

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Rhydderch offers the slaver a righteous stare while proclaiming "As if enslaving innocents isn't bad enough...choosing to hide behind one is worse. I'm afraid you don't have a slave large enough to hide from justice.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

I'm starting to run out of cheesy paladin-isms!

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Priscilla draws her starknife and moves around to position herself in the back of the slaver. double move and draw star knife, presuming I can offer flanking to the rogue


New Map

Priscilla let me know where you want to move. It's going to be difficult for anyone to get a flank without some provoking and/or tumbling.

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Yep...he's not a stupid druid! Well...Chanix at least should have a high acrobatics...

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix unsheathes another dagger and moves towards the slaver. Positioning proves more difficult than he expected though as he tumbles into a flanking spot.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 move to b6

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Unable to find a suitable position to assist her friends, Priscilla grants Toren a bit of luck again. Move to D3

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

"It ain't too late to give up. Yer outnumbered and outclassed. Throw down yer weapon and let go of the slave."


"Shut your hole dwarf. This isn't over yet!" the slaver howls as he swings his flaming blade at the paladin again.

Flame Blade vs Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Everyone else is up.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Rhydderch recoils at the sting of his singed flesh. "Your failure to surrender is the last mistake you'll make in this life."

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Toren, seeing Rhydderch take another hit, and seeing him attack, tries to hit the slaver at the same time.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Despite being inhibited by avoiding the feebly struggling human shield, both Rhydderch and Toren's blows land and hissing one final curse, the slaver falls.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

As the slaver falls Rhydderch frees the slave from its weakened grasp. he then sheaths his sword and pops a wand from his wrist; using it on himself.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Once satisfied that he is no longer in danger of falling over he looks in on the slaves to see if there is anything he can do to help them.

Heal (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 1

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

As Rhydderch takes care of the slaves, Chanix searches the room and the slaver for clues and useful items.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric 4/Rogue 2 HP 33/33 | AC: 21 /T: 14 /FF: 17 | Perc. +12 | F: +4 / R: +7 /W: +7 | CMB +0 | CMD +13 | Speed 40(50) | Init. +3

Pricilla looks in horror as Rhydderch attempts to tend the slaves using some murky rags.
”Thanks Blue Eyes, but maybe I should help out here.”
Heal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

After having accidentally elbowed three slaves while wiping blood from another, Rhydderch is grateful for Priscilla's help.

"Thank you my friend. Perhaps next time I should remove my gauntlets before tending to such a delicate task."


Examination of the slaves (all middle-aged human men of varying ethnicity) reveals that they are exhausted and malnourished. Some sport bruises or vicious lacerations (whip wounds) in various stages of healing.

Chanix's search of the slaver and the area reveals a few things.

*A bill of sale identifying the slaves as having been purchased from a merchant in Okeno.

*Another Aspis badge

*A magical scroll

*A finely crafted whip and a finely crafted suit of studded leather armor. The armor detects as magic.

Perception DC:15:
The sounds of hushed whispers can be heard from the chamber to the south.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

As Rhydderch holds the armor up to Chanix to check it for size he raises a cautionary hand to the group and motions toward the voices coming from the chamber toward the south.

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Chanix is too enamored with the slaver's armor to notice what Rhydderch makes known. He takes his armor off and slips into the slaver's armor. It takes some finagling but he manages to make it snug. Is this ok?

He hands the scroll to Priscilla and whispers, "Hold on to this until you can get a chance to examine it further."

Chanix then steps towards the chamber to the south.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Qadira

HP 4/22 Init +2 Melee +4 AC: 20 Touch: 12 FF: 18 Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +1 CMB +4 CMD +16 CMD(Trip) +23 CMD(Bullrush) +22 CMD(Overrun) +17 Dwarf Fighter Phalanx Soldier Archetype / 2

Toren unslings Tessa from his shoulder, puts his Bec de Corbin into its slot on his back, and follows behind Chanix with shield up.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

Chanix...just noticed you're 2hp down. You want some healing?

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Chanix, peering into the south chamber, slides a hand up his lower back and draws a wand from beneath his pack. He brings it up in front of his face to check it is the same as he remembers and then holds it over his head. His senses do not falter as he maintains alert status.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 add +1 for traps


At a glance the armor doesn't look like it's going to fit very well but once Chanix has squeezed into it, he finds it fits like a glove.

Scouting ahead a bit, Chanix finds the following:

A row of columns lines the inside of this tall, thin dome, each decorated with intricate carvings. The walls are completely covered in flowing script, etched into the red-brown stone with the delicacy of fine calligraphy. In the room’s center, a massive mountain of bronze rises nearly thirty feet. Several crates are visible on the south side of the stylized mountain, opposite the stepped entryway. The flicker of an unseen flame illuminates the room in dim light, the shadows shifting as if something were moving in front of its source.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dagger: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He also finds two women (one half-elf and one human) hiding behind those columns, one seems to spot him and tosses a dagger rather poorly at him.

Roll for initiative. Chanix is one move action ahead of the rest of the party. I'll try to get a map up in ~2 hours. Currently the two women are about 20 feet away from Chanix.

Silver Crusade

Aasimar/Paladin - HP: 36/36, - AC: 22/T: 11/FF: 21 - Perception: +11 (Darkvision) - F:+9 / R: +5/ W: +8 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 19, Speed: 20, Init: +1

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"It appears as though Chanix has found some others. We should make haste."


I'm getting really good at this!

Map

Shadow Lodge

Char Sheet Elf Rogue (Scout) - HP: 17/17, - AC: 17/T: 14/FF: 13 - Perception: +8 (Trapspotter/Low light) - F:+1 / R: +7/ W: +1 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 16, Speed: 30

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Also I had imagined people were clsoer than is the case. I had meant to pass the wand off to anyone capable of using it. That's my fault for not being more specific.

Also, do I know what the armor does? Is there an additional AC bonus? Which woman threw the dagger and do I know the other one is there?


There was at least of minute of getting into the armor. If you want to retroactively get a hit off the wand, go for it.

I assumed you left them behind at least a little, otherwise stealthing ahead would be impossible.

101 to 150 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Feral's Icebound Outpost [PFS] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.