Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Fang Dragon’s Ruins of Adventure

Game Master FangDragon

The Adventures of the Watchers of Dawn. Year of the Lion, 1340 DR.

Regional Map | Map of Phlan | Dramatis personae | Loot Log


251 to 300 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

CG Human Arcanist 2 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +2, CMD 12 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +1, R +2, W +3 | Perc +2, SM +0 Darkvison, Ligh-Sensitivity
HP 16/16 | Reservoir 2/4 | Spells 1 2/4 | SLA 2/3

Ishta grow a bit too nervous when the spectre appears.

"The password! The password! Someone say the password!"


Female | Half-Elf | Sound Striker / Faith Singer Bard 2 | Initiative +3 | HP 16/16 NLD: 4 | AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +4 | Perception +6 | Bardic Performance 11/14 | Low-light Vision | Active Effects: None | Other skills: Bluff +7 | Diplomacy +8 | Disguise +7 | Intimidate +7 | K:Arcana +6 | K:Dungeoneering +6 | K:Religion +6 | Linguistics +5/+7 | Perform: +7/+8 | Sleight of Hand +7 | Spellcraft +5 | Stealth +7 | UMD +7

Azarra, who was watching Zane versus the Door, ignores everything else, rushes to Zane, and heals him.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Then she blinks and looks around

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

and notices the hungry ghost.

She tosses him some rations.


Male N Human (Raumathar) Magus 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2, SM: +05 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 0/3 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: SoF / Shield / +1 wpn.

Kardas brings a hand to Ishta's shoulder and tries to instill a sense of calmth in the obviously distressed woman. "We'll be fine, Ishta.[/b]" Part of the sentence went unsaid, instead being thought outloud only inside his head. At least, that's what I hope.

He then scrapes his throat and steps up to address the spectre with a clear strong voice. "Guardian, hear me. Shestnik! Please, let us pass."

It only then dawned upon Kardas that were no passageways in this room and that perhaps, this ghostly apparition could be a gruelsome creation of the fort's cruel history. By Myrkul's boney sack..

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
the words "Lux", "Shestnik" and "Samos..."
Shield should still be active, but won't be active for much longer.


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

Zane's own prayers combines with Azzara's magic soon re-knit his flesh, much to his relief. But they couldn't rest easy, there was a battle raging outside and in front the restless dead... Drawn by your life essence, it approached! Azarra's rations sail straight through it, without any effect. Closer the spirit comes, like a tidal wave of frigid air, but suddenly it froze when Kardas spoke the word 'Shestnik'!

Moments pass and the spirit seems to regard you. A breeze swept through the chamber, turning into a howl! This was no ordinary wind, for it had a voice full of woe, 'I am doomed to linger here! We all are, cursed by the madness of Martinez's desperation. Oh how it swept over us like wild fire! He had been our bulwark, or talisman against the darkness. We had lost everything, our homes our possessions our loved ones! But still Martinez had faith, and so we grimly fought on. But when the new dawn brought such slaughter the Stojanow turned red, Martinez lost all hope. He was a broken man, with one last wild gambit to play! I should never have agreed to the pact, we thought we'd die in a glorious last stand. Not lingering on here forever like this!'


Female | Half-Elf | Sound Striker / Faith Singer Bard 2 | Initiative +3 | HP 16/16 NLD: 4 | AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +4 | Perception +6 | Bardic Performance 11/14 | Low-light Vision | Active Effects: None | Other skills: Bluff +7 | Diplomacy +8 | Disguise +7 | Intimidate +7 | K:Arcana +6 | K:Dungeoneering +6 | K:Religion +6 | Linguistics +5/+7 | Perform: +7/+8 | Sleight of Hand +7 | Spellcraft +5 | Stealth +7 | UMD +7

You guys, come on... the rations were hilarious.

Azarra addresses the ghost:

What pact do you speak of? Is there a way to free you from it?


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

Well I enjoyed it ;)

"We would immolated ourselves to power a grand conjuration which would keep the forces of darkness out, for all eternity! It worked after a fashion, time and again the forces of the dragon armies broke upon us like a wave just as the orcs are now. I know no end to this doom." the spirit wailed.


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

Ser Armithia just stands watch as they figure out their next move.

Perhaps the horn is the key?


Male N Human (Raumathar) Magus 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2, SM: +05 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 0/3 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: SoF / Shield / +1 wpn.

Kardas nods at Armithia with a solemn expression. "According to what the council told us, it ought to be."

He then turns to face the ghost and while his lips part, no words come out straight away. Instead, the man licks his lips in what seems to be a nervous gesture before finding the courage to ask what was on his mind. "You would not mind if we take a look inside your room for any goods that might help us put an end to the enchantment that binds you here?
For we wish to reclaim the isle for Phlan, and set you brave and noble defenders free.
"


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

The spirit didn't seem to care, "The trappings of the materiel word are as ashes to me."

Perception DC 18:
The sounds of battle are getting closer although muffled by distance and the walls. From outside you hear screams and thuds, the clang and screeching of metal upon metal, as well as bestial chanting!


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Going to force me to put my meager ranks into perception...lol.


Female | Half-Elf | Sound Striker / Faith Singer Bard 2 | Initiative +3 | HP 16/16 NLD: 4 | AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +4 | Perception +6 | Bardic Performance 11/14 | Low-light Vision | Active Effects: None | Other skills: Bluff +7 | Diplomacy +8 | Disguise +7 | Intimidate +7 | K:Arcana +6 | K:Dungeoneering +6 | K:Religion +6 | Linguistics +5/+7 | Perform: +7/+8 | Sleight of Hand +7 | Spellcraft +5 | Stealth +7 | UMD +7

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The battle sounds closer, and there is also weird chanting. If we aren't going to join in the battle, we should probably keep moving. Unfortunately, doing things this way doesn't leave us much time. Maybe we can search the room later? ... Unless you think the horn is here?


Male N Human (Raumathar) Magus 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2, SM: +05 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 0/3 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: SoF / Shield / +1 wpn.

"You're right, Azarra, we should press on while we still have time."

We can go south down to Room C and from there cross the hallway to room B :)


Human Male Cleric 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +4 R +1 W +6 (+8 vs emotion effects) | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +6
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Heal +7, Perception +6, Sense Motive +9, Kn History +4, Perform (Sing) +3

Zane smiles in thanks as Azarra puts her hand on him lightly, the energy from her healing spell knitting the rest of his tissue together. Fully recovered from his idiot move with the spike trap, the Cleric puts his hand atop hers for a moment before turning back to the task at hand.

Zane looks upon the restless undead spirit with a mixture of pity and loathing. Such a thing was unnatural, and surely the men who volunteered had known a ritual requiring self-immolation would bring about any good end. Still, they had been desperate and ultimately well-meaning. "You have my word, spirit, we shall grant you your eternal rest." His green eyes lingered on the damned soul for another moment before he filed out with the others.

The priest nods his agreement with the bard and Rashemi, following Ser Armithia to their next destination.

Kardas' suggestion is fine with me.


Male Moon Elf HP = 24/26, AC=, F+3 | R+6 | W+3 (+5 vs. Enchantment Spells) , Per +9, Ini. +9

Perception DC 20 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Perception DC 18 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

The elf stands at the back his bow ready to attack that which may come near the group, "Agreed, we can check this room later, it is time to move on".

DM Mal will peer into the room to see if he sees a horn though! Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


CG Human Arcanist 2 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +2, CMD 12 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +1, R +2, W +3 | Perc +2, SM +0 Darkvison, Ligh-Sensitivity
HP 16/16 | Reservoir 2/4 | Spells 1 2/4 | SLA 2/3

Ishta goes with the majority without problems, though she nods when she sees Mal having a look. After all, the could be no need to search!

"Anything interesting there, Malstei?"

After her experience with the other elf, she rather use full names.


Female | Half-Elf | Sound Striker / Faith Singer Bard 2 | Initiative +3 | HP 16/16 NLD: 4 | AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +4 | Perception +6 | Bardic Performance 11/14 | Low-light Vision | Active Effects: None | Other skills: Bluff +7 | Diplomacy +8 | Disguise +7 | Intimidate +7 | K:Arcana +6 | K:Dungeoneering +6 | K:Religion +6 | Linguistics +5/+7 | Perform: +7/+8 | Sleight of Hand +7 | Spellcraft +5 | Stealth +7 | UMD +7

Azarra follows after Zane.


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

Ser Armithia leads the way with detect evil still active.


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

Malstei:
The spirit ignores you as you enter, most of the room seems unremarkable except for the thick dust covering what was once a well swept stone floor. However the wall to the west seems strange to your eyes, as if it's too new. Make a will save please.

The Watchers of Dawn move south through the the ruined barracks, Ser Armithia started to open the door but froze when he heard sounds of combat on the other side!

OK so what are you doing? The raiding party doesn't seem to have noticed you yet, but surely it's just a matter of time!


CG Human Arcanist 2 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +2, CMD 12 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +1, R +2, W +3 | Perc +2, SM +0 Darkvison, Ligh-Sensitivity
HP 16/16 | Reservoir 2/4 | Spells 1 2/4 | SLA 2/3

Ishta thinks quickly. "This is our chance! If we can take down the raid party by surprise, we'll have thwarted the orcs' plan! Plus, if we fight now, they'll have the spectre to worry about too."


Human Male Cleric 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +4 R +1 W +6 (+8 vs emotion effects) | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +6
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Heal +7, Perception +6, Sense Motive +9, Kn History +4, Perform (Sing) +3

Thinking combat is now inevitable, the Cleric nodded at Ishta's plan, motioning for Ser Armithia to open the door as Zane's grip tightens on his mace, his heart beating furiously. It was one thing to smash apart the unthinking dead, another to contemplate taking a willing life. The priest remembers the fall of Phlan, though, his poor grandfather likely dust after these fifty years because of such monsters as these. Steeling his resolve, Zane walks quickly back to the relatively lightly armored Rashemi.

Quietly he asks Lathander for His aid, "Morninglord, we fight here in your name and in the interest of the rebirth of this city lost to civilization these past fifty years. Grant this brave man your divine protection so that he may wade into the enemy unimpeded, bringing woe to all opponents of Good."

Cast Shield of Faith on Kardas, then ready to go.


Female | Half-Elf | Sound Striker / Faith Singer Bard 2 | Initiative +3 | HP 16/16 NLD: 4 | AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +4 | Perception +6 | Bardic Performance 11/14 | Low-light Vision | Active Effects: None | Other skills: Bluff +7 | Diplomacy +8 | Disguise +7 | Intimidate +7 | K:Arcana +6 | K:Dungeoneering +6 | K:Religion +6 | Linguistics +5/+7 | Perform: +7/+8 | Sleight of Hand +7 | Spellcraft +5 | Stealth +7 | UMD +7

Azarra doesn't start singing yet, waiting to see whether they are actually going to fight this time. Thinking that it is too crowded for her to be able to get off a good shot, she returns North, lining up a shot with her bow through the open door (D). If an orc walks by that opening, and her own group hasn't decided to do something else by that point, she shoots.

Prepared attack:
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male N Human (Raumathar) Magus 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2, SM: +05 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 0/3 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: SoF / Shield / +1 wpn.

A stoic nod is Kardas's way of thanking Zane for his divine blessing. He then jogs up north to follow Azarra, taking in a position close to the door. He exchanges the hammer for his trusted longsword, its silver inlay sparkling with energies as the man taps into his well of arcane power.

-Moved up north (move)
-put away the hammer and equipped the MW longsword (std action)
-use an Arcane Pool point to turn it into a +1 weapon (effectively adding +1 to his damage)(swift action)
Current AC21 (13 touch, 19 flat-footed) & CMD 18

@party: Expecting undead, I swapped out my Color Spray. I can however cast a grease upon the area around/at the door once they come through.


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

The knight readies to open the door...

Shield up, but sword sheathed.He will still have detect evil going as he opens the door.


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements
Round 1 wrote:

The Watchers of Dawn find an Orc raiding party deep within the fort! Will their aid tip the scales of battle?

Perception: Shaman: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception: Archers: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception: Grunts: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

OK so everyone except the grunts noticed you. Given that several people have posted standard + move action I'm going to skip a surprise round (which limits the actions you can take) and just skip the Grunt's initial turn.

Initiative rolls:
Azarra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Ishta Khosiv: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Kardas Rasalas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Malstei Alenuath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Ser Armithia-Seendren: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Zane Levallis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Orc Shaman: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Orc Archers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Orc Grunts: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Undead: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

COMBAT ORDER:
Undead <----- WE ARE HERE
Ishta Khosiv
Kardas Rasalas Action posted
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren Action posted (kinda, you can do more in round 1 if you like)
Zane Levallis Action posted
Orc Archers
Azarra Action posted
Orc Shaman

Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 1 ----

Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1750 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (10 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman
---- Round 2 ----
Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1749 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (9 rounds), Shield of faith (20 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman

Chanting and howling their syncopated battle song, the orcs invade the sanctity of Sohkol keep and wordlessly the undead leap to it's defense! The skeletal warriors rush forwards, the lead one bringing it's sword up in a great arc slicing a grunt open from navel to sternum the orc howls in pain and staggers back terribly injured.

Greatsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13 <--- HIT

Ishta Khosiv, Kardas Rasalas, Malstei Alenuath, Ser Armithia-Seendren and Zane Levallisare up. NB approx 5 minutes has past since the battle with the skeletons outside. The orc grunts have AC 18, the archers and the shaman have AC 16.


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

Ser Armithia enters the chamber, unsheathing his bastard sword. The gold elf cries out,
Defilers! This Keep falls under Helm's protection!

Intimidate shaman: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


CG Human Arcanist 2 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +2, CMD 12 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +1, R +2, W +3 | Perc +2, SM +0 Darkvison, Ligh-Sensitivity
HP 16/16 | Reservoir 2/4 | Spells 1 2/4 | SLA 2/3

Being in such narrow spaces, Ishta decides that she doesn't want to be in the middle, causing mobility problems to her companions. She tries to reach the hall and shoot her magic projectiles from there.

Too risky to cast Burning Hands. She'll move downwards, though I can't (or don't know how to) move her from the phone, so either I'll move her tomorrow or someone else please do it for me.


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

If you can describe her movement in squares, I'll move it for you (tomorrow, it's late here).


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

I was picturing Ser Armithia going forward and up (20'); then Intimidate the shaman.


Male N Human (Raumathar) Magus 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2, SM: +05 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 0/3 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: SoF / Shield / +1 wpn.

Uncertain about the thirst of his companions to draw blood, Kardas moves forward with a certain reluctance. His sword was thirsting for orc blood, but there were more orcs than he could take on single-handedly. Gods Above protect me.

Move action: move 10ft to Red Orc Grunt
Std action: attack Red Orc Grunt

Attack w Longsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Current AC17 & CMD 18


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

Ishta decides to move to a better position. I'm not quite clear where you want to end up :)

Kardas switches to his longsword, enchants it with a fraction of his power and he moves to engage the orcs!
That'll be your round 2 action Kardas. Fortunately the Grunts where surprised so they don't get to react till next round.

COMBAT ORDER: Round 1 wrote:

Undead

Ishta Khosiv
Kardas Rasalas Action posted
Malstei Alenuath <----- WE ARE HERE
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren Action posted
Zane Levallis Action posted
Orc Archers
Azarra Action posted
Orc Shaman
Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 1 ----

Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1750 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (10 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman
---- Round 2 ----
Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1749 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (9 rounds), Shield of faith (20 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman

Malstei Alenuath is up.


Male Moon Elf HP = 24/26, AC=, F+3 | R+6 | W+3 (+5 vs. Enchantment Spells) , Per +9, Ini. +9

Will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 +2 more vs enchantment

Assuming I make that save.

Mal fires at one of the grunts.

Longbow Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Longbow Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


CG Human Arcanist 2 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +2, CMD 12 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +1, R +2, W +3 | Perc +2, SM +0 Darkvison, Ligh-Sensitivity
HP 16/16 | Reservoir 2/4 | Spells 1 2/4 | SLA 2/3

No worries, I finally got home after the whole weekend away and moved myself. I can also shoot a Ray of Frost if you don't mind.

Ray of Frost vs Shaman 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

Sure NP.
Ishta rushes through the door and aims a ray of super chilled air at the Shaman, but unfortunately her aim is a bit off.

Malstei:
You look at the wall, but nothing happens. Before you have time to do anything else the raiding party arrives.Also you have no line of sight where you are so I moved you to a spot where you do.

Malstei lightly runs after Ishta and spying an injured grunt, puts it out of it's misery with an arrow through the heart. Normally that would have missed but they're flatfooted.

Ser Armithia rushes forwards to denounce the intruders! The fury in his voice makes the shaman break out in a cold sweat!

Zane intercedes with Lathandar to bless Kardas! I'm going to hand wave the issue that he's rushed off. Oh and Zane you have a move action still.

The orcish archers focus their fire on the nearest foe, the undead swordsman! Two blunt arrows smash into him, breaking ribs and taking a chunk out of his spine. The warrior doesn't seem to notice.
Blue: Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19Blunt Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Cyan: Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18Blunt Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Azarra with bow nocked and drawn waits for an enemy to come into line of sight, but despite the sounds of combat she doesn't see anything.
Azarra you can keep that roll if you ready an action again, otherwise you'll need to roll again if you want to do something else.

The Shaman gives Ser Armithia a fearful look and waves an ancient looking femur and utters something in a sharp guttural language. The femur rises up in front of him, bobbing slowly!

Spellcraft DC 17:
The Shaman cast Defending Bone!

The undead warriors advance, the first manages to sneak past the guard of a grunt with a pair of axes, but the second misses another grunt by a fraction of an inch!
Greatsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 6 = 14 <--- HIT
Greatsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3) + 6 = 14 <--- MISS

COMBAT ORDER: Round 2 wrote:

Undead

Ishta Khosiv <----- WE ARE HERE
Kardas Rasalas
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman
Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 2 ----

Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1749 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (9 rounds), Shield of faith (20 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman Shaken (1 round)
---- Round 3 ----
Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1748 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (8 rounds), Shield of faith (19 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman

Ishta Khosiv, Kardas Rasalas and Malstei Alenuath are up.


Female | Half-Elf | Sound Striker / Faith Singer Bard 2 | Initiative +3 | HP 16/16 NLD: 4 | AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +4 | Perception +6 | Bardic Performance 11/14 | Low-light Vision | Active Effects: None | Other skills: Bluff +7 | Diplomacy +8 | Disguise +7 | Intimidate +7 | K:Arcana +6 | K:Dungeoneering +6 | K:Religion +6 | Linguistics +5/+7 | Perform: +7/+8 | Sleight of Hand +7 | Spellcraft +5 | Stealth +7 | UMD +7
DM wrote:
Azarra you can keep that roll if you ready an action again, otherwise you'll need to roll again if you want to do something else.

Nah, thanks but no point. I misunderstood what was happening. I thought they had already broken past our undead allies and battle was imminent, and I had a chance to surprise them as they came in. ... Was trying to get a clear shot, but with our enemies not broken through, and people coming up to this door instead, and me going pretty much last, now I would have to subtract for the enemy being in melee plus cover. I should probably just give up archery until I can get better feats. :)

Azarra starts singing to inspire everyone's courage.

+1 to saving throws against charm and fear effects and +1 on attack and weapon damage rolls


Human Male Cleric 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +4 R +1 W +6 (+8 vs emotion effects) | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +6
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Heal +7, Perception +6, Sense Motive +9, Kn History +4, Perform (Sing) +3

Seeing that there were plenty of meaty folks in front of Azarra, the Cleric rushes to follow Malstei and Ishta. Trusting these undead guardians to fight with the group and be their allies seemed wrong to Zane, but he also understood tactics and knew they could use the help, however despicable it might be.

Or as fast as 20' movement gets you, anyway. I'm on my phone,can someone move me 2 left and 1 up for my move action?


CG Human Arcanist 2 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +2, CMD 12 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +1, R +2, W +3 | Perc +2, SM +0 Darkvison, Ligh-Sensitivity
HP 16/16 | Reservoir 2/4 | Spells 1 2/4 | SLA 2/3

Now that she feels safer with her companions near, Ishta thinks it's the time to cast a spell that can turn the tides. She walks a bit ahead, near one of the orcs, and starts an incantation in the hopes the orc is not quick enough to react.

Turn:

Move action to move into the room
Standard Action to cast Burning Hands defensively, will spend 1 reservoir to increase DC

Concentration (Cast Defensively) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Reflex DC 18 for half, Damage = 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 5) + 4 = 16

I've put the damage area on the map. Sorry guys if I'm interfering in melee.

Also, moved you closer to Mal, Zane.


Male Moon Elf HP = 24/26, AC=, F+3 | R+6 | W+3 (+5 vs. Enchantment Spells) , Per +9, Ini. +9

Mal fires at another one of the Orcs. We came here to defeat them and now fight along side the dead, an odd day already.

Longbow Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Longbow Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

This time his shot is far off the mark.


Male N Human (Raumathar) Magus 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +2, SM: +05 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Pool: 0/3 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: SoF / Shield / +1 wpn.

Can I simply use my previous post as my actions for this round?
:)

Spoiler:
Uncertain about the thirst of his companions to draw blood, Kardas moves forward with a certain reluctance. His sword was thirsting for orc blood, but there were more orcs than he could take on single-handedly. Gods Above protect me.

Move action: move 10ft to Red Orc Grunt
Std action: attack Red Orc Grunt
Attack w Longsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Current AC17 & CMD 18


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

Sorry for not updating before now, I was terribly tired last night and would have messed this up.

Ishta bravely runs in front of the marauding orcs and somehow manages to complete a powerful invocation, flooding the area with intense flames. The orcs scream terribly as they burn alive, some of them to a crisp!

Bunch of Saves:

Reflex Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 <--- PASS
Reflex Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 <--- FAIL
Reflex Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 <--- FAIL
Reflex Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 <--- FAIL
Reflex Cyan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 <--- PASS

Kardas's sword sinks into the belly of the still smoking orc in front of him, and twists the blade! With an outraged bellow, it expires! I moved you forwards so Ser Armithia can get past easily.

Malesti shoots another arrow, but the unexpected flare of Ishta's magic caused him to squint spoiling the shot.

Terribly burned, the remaining grunt wildly attacks Kardas but his axes are well off the mark.
Axe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 <--- MISS
Offhand Axe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 <--- MISS

COMBAT ORDER: Round 2 wrote:

Undead

Ishta Khosiv
Kardas Rasalas
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren <----- WE ARE HERE
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman
Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 2 ----

Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1749 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (9 rounds), Shield of faith (20 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman Shaken (1 round)
---- Round 3 ----
Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1748 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (8 rounds), Shield of faith (19 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman

Ser Armithia-Seendren and Zane Levallis are up.


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

Ser Armithia boldly moves directly in front of the shaman. The knight screams,
By Helm, you are no longer welcome here!

Double move; provoking AoOs.


Human Male Cleric 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +4 R +1 W +6 (+8 vs emotion effects) | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +6
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Heal +7, Perception +6, Sense Motive +9, Kn History +4, Perform (Sing) +3

Following the lead of the brave Ser Armithia, Zane strides briskly into the area of firey devastation, stepping between the remaining orc grunt (yellow) and Ishta. The young man offers no quarter to the beast, remembering hearing of the fall of Phlan fifty years earlier to such brutes.

Double move to current position.


CG Human Arcanist 2 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +2, CMD 12 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +1, R +2, W +3 | Perc +2, SM +0 Darkvison, Ligh-Sensitivity
HP 16/16 | Reservoir 2/4 | Spells 1 2/4 | SLA 2/3

After casting her spell and watching some of the orcs burn alive, Ishta rests her back against one of the barrels behind her. Zane, Ser Armithia and Kardas are now engaging the rest of the orcs and she feels safer, but her heart still pounds on her chest after being exposed to danger and so close to being cut in half. A thrilling sensation indeed, and quite... appealing, in a way. She starts to understand why some lots grow addicted to a life of adventuring, and to spellcasting in particular.


Female | Half-Elf | Sound Striker / Faith Singer Bard 2 | Initiative +3 | HP 16/16 NLD: 4 | AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +4 | Perception +6 | Bardic Performance 11/14 | Low-light Vision | Active Effects: None | Other skills: Bluff +7 | Diplomacy +8 | Disguise +7 | Intimidate +7 | K:Arcana +6 | K:Dungeoneering +6 | K:Religion +6 | Linguistics +5/+7 | Perform: +7/+8 | Sleight of Hand +7 | Spellcraft +5 | Stealth +7 | UMD +7

I think the map got jostled... I was in a different square than I had been when I went in to look just now, so everyone might want to check positions.

Azarra, still singing, walks up to the orcs, and you see the notes of her song become visible, and then solidify, and then break apart into razor sharp, crystalline shards as they are directed at the enemy.

Azarra keeps her performance going, and readies a spell (the spell is part of the performance), then walks up and unleashes it (Chord of Shards) on yellow, cyan, and purple (15 foot cone) -- I moved her, but her turn isn't until after the orc archers go.

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 <--Piercing damage, no SR, but reflex negates (DC 14)


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

Yeah the map got jostled, which is easily done. I've tried to adjudicate your actions as faithfully as I could but having fixed the jostling they don't quite work.

Ser Armithia bulls his way past the last remaining grunt and into the Shaman's face. As he did so the remaining grunt lashes out with an axe opening a nasty cut on his arm. The archer tries to stab him with an arrow but Armithia simply bats it away with his shield.

Yellow AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Cyan AOO: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Zane is right behind Ser Armithia, ready to put the hurt on the remaining orcs.

The archer retreats a few steps before trying to shoot an arrow at Ser Armithia. Obviously unnerved, she fumbles the shot.
Cyan: Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9Blunt Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 <--- MISS

Due to Ser Armithia's movement no concentration check is needed for Azarra's spell casting.
Right on the heels of Ser Armithia and Zane is Azarra and her voice becomes a powerful weapon with visible notes tearing into all those in front! The note bounce harmlessly off Ser Armithia and Zane's armor but they cut down the last grunt and scratch the Shaman!

Bunch of saves:
Ser Armithia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 <--- PASS
Zane: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 <--- PASS, JUST!
Reflex Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 <--- FAIL
Reflex Purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 <--- FAIL

The Shaman screams something defiantly in Ser Armithia's and moves to touch the fallen archer, chanting something awful!

Spellcraft DC 17:
The shaman is casting Death Candle!

Ser Armithia you have an AOO! Please take it :)


Female | Half-Elf | Sound Striker / Faith Singer Bard 2 | Initiative +3 | HP 16/16 NLD: 4 | AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 | CMB 2 / CMD 15 | Fort +1 / Ref +6 / Will +4 | Perception +6 | Bardic Performance 11/14 | Low-light Vision | Active Effects: None | Other skills: Bluff +7 | Diplomacy +8 | Disguise +7 | Intimidate +7 | K:Arcana +6 | K:Dungeoneering +6 | K:Religion +6 | Linguistics +5/+7 | Perform: +7/+8 | Sleight of Hand +7 | Spellcraft +5 | Stealth +7 | UMD +7

Aaugh. I totally wouldn't have even cast it if I knew it was going to affect allies. Sorry everyone. Glad no one got hurt.

Zane! Azarra yells when she sees her notes headed for *him* of all people. She must have been completely blind to have put him in danger, from herself. Oh Zane, are you okay? I am so, so sorry...

She then notices that the other armored guy, what's his name, was also in the way, so she apologizes to him as well. Oh, um, Ser. Really sorry about that.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Azarra is totally unaware of what the Shaman is doing.


CG Human Arcanist 2 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +2, CMD 12 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +1, R +2, W +3 | Perc +2, SM +0 Darkvison, Ligh-Sensitivity
HP 16/16 | Reservoir 2/4 | Spells 1 2/4 | SLA 2/3

Spellcraft 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

"He is... ummhh... healing? Honestly, I have no idea..."

Ishta is sure she's seen this incantation before, but the adrenaline won't let her thoughts flow properly.


Human Male Cleric 2 | HP 14/18 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | F +4 R +1 W +6 (+8 vs emotion effects) | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +6
Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Heal +7, Perception +6, Sense Motive +9, Kn History +4, Perform (Sing) +3

Zane prepared to face off with the grunt as Ser Armithia threatened the shaman, then suddenly he feels multiple impacts on his armor, hearing them a split second later, like hail on a tin roof. The priest sees the Orc in front of him torn to pieces by the multiple sharp magical shards, the shaman even taking a hit. Oblivious to how much danger he had been in, the Cleric turns to regard Azarra as she apologizes. His brow furrowing a bit, he nods knowingly as he glanced to the fallen Orc.

"No worries, my lady! You might have stolen that foe from me, but there will be plenty more, I'm sure. No need to keep count or anything. Although if you truly feel bad we can discuss it later over dinner." The young man grins at the half-elf before regarding the chanting shaman. He wasn't sure what the creature was doing, but he was pretty sure that grunt was dead. Gripping his mace, he prepares to advance on this final enemy.


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

AoO: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Ser Armithia barely notixes the scratch as the elf rushes past the flunkie.

The knight notices the shaman's beginnings of a casting. Thrusting his bastard sword forward, he feels a strange chord behind him, causing his aim to go wide...


Fort Sohkol | Strange Aeons: Ground floor | Strange Aeons: Battlements

As the Shaman screamed the last guttural syllable of his profane spell, his hand started to glow with a ruddy light and he touched the dying archer. Her body convulsed suddenly and there was a terrible shrieking noise as it was consumed by a sudden roaring fire. The shrieks grew to a crescendo as the raging spirit of the slain archer leaped up to smash Ser Armithia with a flaming uppercut! The intense heat blistered his skin and disgustingly hot burning fluids from her body squelched all over him, setting him on fire too!

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 <--- HIT
Ser Armithia Reflex DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 <--- FAIL
How many Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Burn:
A creature with the burn special attack deals fire damage in addition to damage dealt on a successful hit in melee. Those affected by the burn ability must also succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire, taking the listed damage for an additional 1d4 rounds at the start of its turn (DC 10 + 1/2 burning creature’s racial HD + burning creature’s Con modifier). A burning creature can attempt a new save as a full-round action. Dropping and rolling on the ground grants a +4 bonus on this save. Creatures that hit a burning creature with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the burning creature and must make a Reflex save to avoid catching on fire.

COMBAT ORDER: Round 3 wrote:

Undead

Ishta Khosiv <----- WE ARE HERE
Kardas Rasalas
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman
Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 3 ----

Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1748 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (8 rounds), Shield of faith (19 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren Burn (3 rounds)
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman
---- Round 4 ----
Undead
Ishta Khosiv Mage Armor (1747 rounds)
Kardas Rasalas Enhance weapon (7 rounds), Shield of faith (18 rounds)
Malstei Alenuath
Orc Grunts
Ser Armithia-Seendren Burn (2 rounds)
Zane Levallis
Orc Archers
Azarra
Orc Shaman

Ishta Khosiv, Kardas Rasalas and Malstei Alenuath are up.


Male Elf Oathbound Paladin 2 Init +1 Hp 24/15 AC 18/12/17 Fort +6 Ref+3 Will+5 Perception+2

Ser Armithia's lip curls at the dusgusting and vile magic.

251 to 300 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Fang Dragon’s Ruins of Adventure All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.