Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Faelax Presents: Kingmaker

Game Master Aroach1188

The PCs begin exploring the Stolen Lands, hoping to settle a new kingdom in the greenbelt


301 to 350 of 408 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Bydar's crossbow shot strikes into a leg of the spider before it can react. It runs at Bydar, trying to take a bite out of him

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

But Bydar evades it effortlessly. Raxus and Flit both lunge at it, but miss miserably.

Bridgette, take your action


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

She tries to hack at it with her hand ax.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Lodge

Bridgette hits the spider, but the axe cannot penetrate the spiders tough hide

Grand Lodge

The spider looks like one of his legs is about to come clean off thanks to Bydars shot, and he charges at him, ignoring all others.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Bydar gets his turn before the spider, and everyone besides him get an AoO on the spider


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

As it charges him, the priest fires again, "Shelyn guide my aim and put down a truly UGLY creature."

To hit:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
If that hits, dmg is: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Bydar takes aim and the bolt flies true again, but the creature continues its relentless charge


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

AoO

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Sigh

Grand Lodge

Raxus stabs at the thing, but it's leg swats the attack down, causing Raxus to hit his own foot.


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Do I need to roll damage against myself?

Grand Lodge

Make another attack roll first


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

fumble threat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Grand Lodge

Raxus fumbles with his weapon but causes himself no harm


Male Human Rouge/1

"Arrrrrg!" Flit shouts as he takes a second swipe with his rapier.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Damage

Grand Lodge

Flit's rapier pierces the spiders hide, and it falls over, before it can reach Bydar.
Feel free to look around


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Thank you, Flit. That thing got a bit close for comfort."


Male Human Rouge/1

"And thats with me off hand you swollen bug" Flit cleans and sheathes his weapon, "Very good By'der, I only doin' what I signed up for." Fit then begins to look around for anything of interest.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

"Hopefully we're not in or near a nest."

Grand Lodge

Flit:

About 20 feet to your left, the spiders nest can be seen beneath some tall grass, its nothing more than a hole in the ground


Male Human Rouge/1

"I don't reckon we're in the nest I reckon it's tha big hole over yonder"
With that Flit goes to the hole and begins to climb down.

I'll take ten to climb down


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus looked down at the spider for a moment, clearly frustrated. With visible effort he calmed himself and walked after Flit.

"Careful of the webbing." he said, taking a moment to light a torch to burn back the sticky strands.

Grand Lodge

Flit takes time to climb down into the nest, and finds some dead bodies, likely the spiders meal in days past. A dead bandit lies at the top, carrying a short sword, a pouch with 10 gp, a suit of leather armor, and a silver stag lord amulet like the ones found on the bandits back at Olegs.

I need a perception check from Flit


Male Human Rouge/1

"Must be sommat here anyhow" Flit mumbles to himself as he looks around, collecting the sword, gold, leather armor, and the silver stag amulet.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

she whispers to herself
"I hope he'll be ok down there?"


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar watches and waits also hoping Flit will be okay

Grand Lodge

Flit:

Nothing else down here of interest


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"Spiders are solitary creatures. Unless there are new young down there, he will be fine."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar admits, "I was worrying. Thank you, Raxus." He feels a bit better


Male Human Rouge/1

"Bloody 'ell, not much down here but now I have ta' climb out."
Flit calls up to the group.
Climb 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus loops a length of rope at the end and lowers When Flit as he starts his climb.

When he grabs the makeshift stirrup Raxus lifts him back out again with nearly comic ease.


Male Human Rouge/1

Flit lays out what he found"Not much, there's a dead bandit body and this stuff 'ere"
He says as he lays out, the short sword, a pouch with 10 gp, a suit of leather armor, and a silver stag lord amulet.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

He glances at the amulet, "Interesting. It would seem the stag lord does like his symbols. Perhaps he uses it to build unity." a glance to Happs, then back to the other items.

Grand Lodge

Sorry, I misplaced my copy of the AP. Found it though. Anything else you guys want to do here? It is approximately 5 pm fyi


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

" We should keep moving. We have a few more hours before dark."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"No argument from me, Raxus."

Grand Lodge

If you move on, where to?


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Isn't the former bandit still leading us?

Grand Lodge

Yes, he still leads if you choose to follow his directions


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Lead on, Happs,"


Male Human Rouge/1

"You know it may just be my, but why do you all trust this chap so easily. He was a bandit. You there Happs, do you you anything that could reassure me? I'm not trusting by nature."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Truth to tell, I'm not trusting him entirely either, but he does know the terrain better than we."

Grand Lodge

Happs gives a look at Flit, then turns the other way. "You all coming or what?"


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"We're coming, Happs," Bydar tries hard not to look amused that they might have hurt a bandit's feelings and despite his distrust, he feels a bit guilty too.


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"We don't have to trust him. We just have to make sure that he understands that if he leads us into an ambush, we'll kill him first." Raxus says pragmatically. "The longer we aren't forced to test that the more trust will grow."


Male Human Rouge/1

Flit waves his cloth covered hand, "Very well then,"*sigh*"Let us press on." He says tiredly.


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

As the group walked, Raxus seemed lost in thought. After a time he looked to Bydar and with nothing resembling a lead-up, asked "Humans think gold is very important. Why?"


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

"Hardly anyone knows that answer to question,
as It could vary."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar looks surprised, then answers, "Well, not just humans, other races as well... as to why, Bridgette is right that it varies a bit. Gold is not a common metal, and the rarer the resource the more it is desired. That's why a gold coin is worth more than a copper one. Coins themselves are partially used because they are portable. Get enough of them, they represent not just themselves, but what they can buy. If you have wealth in your pocket, it can be traded for food, horses, perhaps even land if you have enough. For many, gold is just a means to an end."

Grand Lodge

I am sorry for my absence, school did me in for a little bit, but I should be good to go again.

Happs leads the group south, still headed towards the Bandit camp. Something can been seen in the distance on the plains

1d100 ⇒ 99

An unusually large wolf can be seen feasting on a recent kill of an elk. He has yet to notice the party


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"So rarity gives value, even if the thing that is rare is not terribly useful? Why?"

His desire for knowledge seems to be briefly overriding his awkwardness about speaking with Bridgette. He seems to have avoided whatever issue he has by aiming his inquiry primarily at Bydar, not ignoring Bridgette, but not engaging her directly.

Stopping, he gestures. "Wolf. Usually not loners. We should be careful. Group together and carry more light. They will defend their kill but should not attack unless provoked."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Oh, it has uses on its own, ornamentation... I've met gold smiths who have worked wonders and made a great deal of beautiful jewelry with it." Then they come upon the wolf. "Hopefully, if hunting has been good for them, they will be content not to harry us."

301 to 350 of 408 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.