Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Faelax Presents: Kingmaker

Game Master Aroach1188

The PCs begin exploring the Stolen Lands, hoping to settle a new kingdom in the greenbelt


151 to 200 of 408 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Her allies arent particularly tough, there is just alot of them. None of them weild any magic to my knowledge. Kressle is a tough woman though. Her twin axes have fallen many a so called hero, so i would be careful around her. Otherwise they are just like any other bandits, looting, pilaging and drinking.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Well, Oleg has suggested we explore, get the lay of the land and find our strength before going after her... unless I misunderstood?" A glance to Oleg and then he continues, "After we find a way to detain the bandits, we should probably consider what direction we wish to head into. Oleg, do you have any other problem areas that concern you with matters besides the bandit?"

Grand Lodge

"None that I can think of. Thank you for your help woth the bandits. The swordlords have been, well, less then eager to help us out. If you want, you may use my post as a base of operations for your exploration of the area. And if you ever need anything, tell me and I can have it shipped here in a weeks time."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"You're too kind," he states, "I suppose it would be too much to hope for stocks or something to hold the bandits in while were out and about?"

Grand Lodge

"Well, we could keep them tied there untill the guards get here. But who knows how long that could be. You could always, you know, kill them. I only say that because I dont think I can keep them tied up for too long."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"I'm not killing the ones who surrendered," though he glances at their leader, who did NOT and was charmed for this information.


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

"Killing those that surrendered is low and dirty."

Grand Lodge

"Well looks like they are gonna stay tied up here then. I'll go get more rope to keep them tied up. By the way, the gold for the rest of the bandits gear is sitting on the table over there


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar ponders Oleg's problem with the bandits even as he heads to the table, "Gentlemen and lady, we do leave Oleg and his wife with a problem. And a problem we will encounter again. They are not professional jailers and they don't have the resources meant to hold prisoners long term? How do we punish bandits that do not surrender? How do we punish those that do?" He considers, "Death by noose or sword is part of our task to perform on unrepentant bandits. It's cold, but it is our task. For the repentant ones, what do we do? Cut off a hand or finger from each one and then absolved them? Or just have them swear never to take up banditry again?"


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus made his way back. He was normally a very patient person but something about this business irked him. Overhearing the end of the conversation he said "We take them with us. Let them prove how repentant they really are. Once we are satisfied we send them toward a larger town to make a new life. If they aren't convincing, we follow the laws of these Swordlord's and give them death."

Looking at the bandits, the massive man seemed a bit sad at the conclusion he had come to but still quite resolved.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Interesting. They may betray us, but there is merit to what you say. But what of this squad's leader? He didn't repent. Only a spell swayed him. I think he's too dangerous to trust."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"Humans put wrongdoers on trial, correct?"


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"True, though sometimes when the bandit is caught in the act justice is... remorselessly swift. It varies somewhat depending on what land you're in." I nearly killed out of jealousy, and yet I'm squeamish about slaying bandits


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"I don't know much about human justice. Whatever is custom will probably be kinder than what I am used to."


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

"Does anyone know about the laws of the river kingdoms since most of the bandits come from there as I've heard from some of the hunters."

"I say if they forswear banditry, and they are to be forgiven of their crimes, but if caught have to face the Law."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Mark, Petriak? What say you both?"


Male Human Infernal Sorcerer (AC 12 HP 9/9 Init +2 Perception +1)

Petriak taps one of his long fingers against his chin as he looks at the bandit leader in thought before turning to his companions. "I am of two minds on what to do with these bandits. It is the law of the Swordlords that unrepentant banditry has only one possible consequence, death. In our current situation we don't have the luxury of mercy, we are alone here and soon to be outnumbered by bandits if we are not careful. For every one that might repent we could end up with three intent on sliding a knife between our ribs. While my magic can help make them docile for a short time it is not much."

"On the other hand locals familiar with the territory and the use of a weapon could prove valuable in time." Petriak admits with a shrug. "I say those who have no interest in surrender chose their fate already. In the future when these guards arrive it is possible we will have other options, but for now what else can we do?"

Grand Lodge

Just a suggestion, the bandits might be convinced with a little bit of gold.....


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"I think I have an idea," The priest states. Ignoring their leader for now, he looks at the bandits who surrendered, "Are any of you decent at stonework or carpentry? If so, how would you like to make something of an HONEST living? I have an idea. Your choices...Help me build a shrine here nearby , to Shelyn, as penance. You have brought ugliness to this land, now perhaps you can bring some beauty. I do not ask for a masterpiece, merely the frame work for others to build on. I will pay you my share of the gold that I just received among you. OR... you can serve as guides and fight on our side against the next batch of bandits. How much this group would pay you for that, I cannot say, and the danger would be greater, but either might be a path to absolution and certainly better for your souls."

Diplomacy
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

"That sounds like a good idea, Bydar."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Grand Lodge

The bandits seem legitimatly interested, mostly in the interet of not getting hung.
"That sounds good to all of us. We arent majorly skilled in stonework or woodwork, but we will try our best. Thank you for this oppertunity. Just show us what we are building and we will have at it.


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

that and she rolled high on Diplomacy, and is very attractive.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar nods, "Thank you, Gentlemen. I'll show you what the basic shape is like. I'm no architect, but that's not required for a simple shrine. Gathering stone and wood will be a lot of hard work, but who knows, you might come back in a few years and find a true shrine's body built around what you started." He turns to Oleg, "Where is a space nearby and just off your land they can build?"

Grand Lodge

Anywhere you like really. I dont mind it being anywhere, where ever you feel like placig it


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Not really sure what's going on Raxus simply watches, trying not to let Bridgette catch how many times he finds himself watching her.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

What time of day is it, good DM?

Grand Lodge

its only about 2-3 pm, the raid was at 9 am


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar will look at the leader of the squad, "I'm still not sure what to do with him as he's not repentant, but... for now , I'm going to go out and find a good location for a small shrine. I'll be back shortly"

Ok, since he still has daylight he'll try to find a nice location, etc. I can make some religion or perception rolls if you like, but mostly this is for flavor. Everyone- Please do n't let it slow the game down. I'll have Bydar 'pop back in' anytime you like.


Male Human Infernal Sorcerer (AC 12 HP 9/9 Init +2 Perception +1)

"Perhaps he and I can come to some arrangement." Petriak chimes in while Bydar works with the other men. His eyes intent on the bandit still under the sway of his charm Petriak gives the man another smile. "It seems like we have formed a good rapport I would say my friend. While Bydar may need help building his shrine to Shelyn I could use a man that knows the area. An assistant and bodyguard if you will."

"I am not beyond the matter of repayment either." Petriak draws out a gold coin from his pouch. "I think an honest job in my service would be far better than finding yourself at the end of a noose my friend. You could do worse than finding a Sorcerer that can appreciate your talents."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Grand Lodge

The leader looks at him, obviously no longer under the spell, "Hmm, well, it sure beats dying... You got a deal. Just make sure im armed and paid and ill fight.

he is a ranger 1, so however you want to arm him is fine.


Male Human Infernal Sorcerer (AC 12 HP 9/9 Init +2 Perception +1)

"You have yourself a deal my friend." Petriak gives the leader of the bandits a pleased smile as he claps him on the shoulder. "What do you call yourself?"

After making himself more familiar with the abilities of his new employee Petriak approaches Svetlana and Oleg with a request. "I was hoping it would be possible to have my companions s$%+ embroidered with the crest of the Petriak family. I would be happy to reimburse you for your time and it would be of great help. It is my hope that exposure to some real opportunity will keep banditry from his mind and that he could become a great help instead of a great burden to us on our explorations."

Returning to the group Petriak seems pleased with the turn of events. "Well my friends with our new recruits helping Bydar and his project it seems that it is time for our next decision. I believe we should begin our charting initiative here around Oleg's Trading Post and move out from there. The better we know this land the more prepared we will be if our recruits old employers come calling. What do you say?"


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar returns just in time to hear Petriak's comment, "I completely agree. As Oleg suggested, we need to build our strength and what better way than to do our duty?"


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"What is 'duty?' Raxus asked.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"An obligation ..." Then he realizes Raxus may or may not know what that means either. "A duty is something that needs to be done if things are to be right. Be it right with you and those you serve, or if that rightness is between you and yourself."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus nods. "I do not know much about what is right, or how things are supposed to be but I know enough about things that are wrong. What is it called when you try to stop wrong things?"


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9
Petriak Krupt wrote:

...

"I was hoping it would be possible to have my companions s#%& embroidered with the crest of the Petriak family.
...

in a diplomatic and calm voice

"I'll keep mine as is thank you."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Heh. Yes, I will pass on the Petriak crest. My own family might object."

Grand Lodge

"They call me Happs. I hope you will find my skills usefull, im a skilled outdoorsman, and it doesnt look like anyone here knows the lay of the land."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"That much is true," Bydar isn't sure he trusts Happs, but then, the choice has been made and he'll abide by it.


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

a diplomatic and calm voice
"Happs, is there anything you can tell us about your fellow bandits in the greenbelt?"

Grand Lodge

"Most of them are like my friends over there, not well trained or well armed. Only the officers have good quality gear or experience in combat."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Finally looking at the man, seeming suddenly frustrated, Raxus steps forward to dominate the man's view and looks down. Staring for a moment as if unsure how to voice his thoughts, he finally growls "Tell me why you do it."

Grand Lodge

"What pushes a man to banditry? Usually it comes when youve got nothing elae to turn to. I was kicked out of the swordlord's army, why you may ask? My commanding officer was an elf, the cruelist task master ever. Killed him, alog with his elven friend. Kicked me out, so I came down here, looking for work. Banditry was the work at the time."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"So you hurt people because you had a hard life?"

Grand Lodge

"Well sort of. It was mostly due to the fact that I was starving to death, and banditry was a way out."

As the group sits around listening to Happs tell his story, a man walks up to the gate. A knocking can be heard, and a man shouts"Hello, is anyone here?"


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus was obviously unsure what to make of the man's reply. With a shake of his head he walked away to ponder, ignoring the knock at the gate.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"I'll check the gate," Bydar says, going in that direction


Male Human Rouge/1

A young man of about 20 stands at the gate he has sandy blonde hair and pale blue, mischievous eyes.
"ol, I'm lookin' for some lot of adventurers, I 'ave been hired on as it seems"
He calls out standing impatiently, tapping his foot. He is dressed in leather armor, with very little actually adventureing gear. As he runs his hand through his hair you seem a black rag covering the back of his hand.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"I see. I don't suppose you have a charter? I'm Bydar of Shelyn by the way."


Male Human Rouge/1

Flit frowns and scratches his head, " I think I've gone and dropped it, or..." He rustles through his pockets, and pulls out a soaked wad of paper."This may be it, or sommat else, not quite sure. The road always seems to leave me a wee bit mad." He begins to grin as he looks around. "Flit's me name, just Flit." He looks at the captured bandit. "What have we here? hmmmm seems interestin'"

151 to 200 of 408 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.