Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Emissary's Ruby Phoenix Tournament (Inactive)

Game Master Misroi

PROVE YOURSELF!


151 to 200 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Where can we see this map?


Here.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

I'll be at L6 or M6 with 30' elevation, move me closer if needed to keep within 30' of the monk per the angle


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

I think Simon will be at... E9, pending the position of the others.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog would probably be about E8


M6 will be necessary to get within 30' of the monk in Q6, Zak. Still need to know where Zarina is, and then we'll be ready to start this thing properly. Additionally, there are over a thousand people in the stands watching you fight. Why is this important? Well, we'll be using the performance combat rules, since they were made for scenarios like this one.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

How about somewhere near J6 for Zarina? Sorry for the delay...been at a football game all evening.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8
DM Emissary wrote:

Well, we'll be using the performance combat rules, since they were made for scenarios like this one.

Speaking of which, assuming that Zak's 27 hit their flat-footed AC (which I pray is the case, because if not we're screwed), I believe he is entitled to a performance check as a free action for first blood...


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Since they're presumably monks, they could well have deflected the arrows.


They could well have, Poog. But...

Zak flies up into the air, floating above the scene of battle, and his arrow flies true towards one of the monks. It strikes her solidly, and the crowd cheers as first blood has been struck!

...they don't have that feat. As Asha correctly points out, Zak gets to make a performance combat check to influence the crowd in your favor. And since success or failure on that won't affect the monks...

The monks with meteor hammers and monk's spades leap to the attack, darting across the field at a frightening speed. Within a heartbeat, two of them are upon Zarina, one on Asha, and the fourth has slipped around to engage Simon. The monk with the seven-branched sword, however, remains a few steps behind.

Meteor monk 1 charges Zarina: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27, 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage.
Meteor monk 2 charges Asha: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22, 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage.
Spade monk 1 charges Zarina: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.
Spade monk 2 moves and attacks Simon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The two monks that engage Zarina both strike, and take a moment to pose dramatically for the crowd afterwards!

Performance combat checks for the two:
Meteor monk 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Spade monk 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

It seems as though the crowd instantly takes a dislike to the monks of the Enduring Spirit, and they begin to throw taunts at the monks that have ganged up on Zarina. A few contestants close by throw eggs, which splatter uselessly against the scintillating orange wall.

Huh. Well, that sucked for them. The crowd is now hostile against the monks, giving them a -2 to all d20 rolls. Next up: Asha, Zarina and Simon!


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Zarina grunts as the monks lay into her. She lets out a ferocious growl and swipes at the closest monk with her claws. To top it off, she takes a bite at the monks as well. With every strike her fury in reflected in the fiery silhouette that lingers for a slight second. "Yield now, friend monks, and I will stop my flames."

Rage, Power attack.

Claw One 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 fire

Claw Two 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

Bite 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Damage 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

AC is 22 while raging. 104/123 regular HP left. While raging 126/145 left. Geez, hopefully their charge will let at least one claw hit...


Actually, that's going to hit all three times, Zarina. Any preference on which one you're attacking? Spade or hammer? Also, you may make a performance combat roll as a free action since you entered into a rage, and you may make another one as a swift action for hitting multiple times in the round at a +2 bonus.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak does a rolling spin in the air, then twirls and nocks another arrow, posing as he takes aim.

Performance Combat Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

(another rule I'm unfamiliar with, is it 1d20 + Cha. Mod. + bonus for base attack + bonus for performance ranks? So for Zak: 1d20 + 0 + 3 + 0?)


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

like Zak I am confused as to what mods I apply to the performance check, DM. I'll take the attack on the hammer wielder.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Um. Has my Summon Monster III spell gone off or hasn't it? This is fairly important to determine my next action. ^^;


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Your action was after the monks', Simon, so you haven't actually started casting yet. Zak, your performance check calculation looks right. Zarina, yours should be Cha mod (+4) plus bonus based on BAB (+2) plus bonus for Perform ranks (+0), for a total of +6.

GM, if the monk attacking me has his meteor hammer in non-reach mode, he provoked an AoO on his way in because I have reach and Combat Reflexes - if not, he's too close to me. I need to know which before I act. In case I get the AoO: glaive AoO 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36, damage 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12. (I should also note that he did hit me since my ff AC is only 20, and thus also gets a performance check if he wants it.)


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

In that case, Simon casts as previously stated. One Lantern Archon, coming up!

The Lantern Archon appears over Simon and casts its gaze on the attacking Spade Monk. The Monk now has to contend with the Archon's Aura of Menace: DC13. The Archon's sensory organs flare brightly, and light stabs out at the attacker.

Two Rays of Light: Ranged touch attack #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20. Damage if successful: 1d6 ⇒ 6. Ranged touch attack #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. Damage if successful: 1d6 ⇒ 2.

Simon is not hamming it up for the crowd, so no Perform checks. ^^


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Combat Performance One 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Performance Two 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Thanks Asha. If I do something incorrect on one of these checks, let me know.


The crowd is unimpressed by Zak's twirling, but finds far more distaste in Zarina's claws. She tears into the hammer-wielding monk, who swiftly lies bleeding on the ground, still and motionless.

Zarina failed on her first performance combat roll by more than 5, but not on the second. You're all at a -1 morale penalty to attack rolls, combat maneuver checks, ability checks, skill checks and saving throws. And I've adjusted the second meteor hammer monk so that he's not taking the AoO - he's smarter than that. Also, Simon, you can begin casting Summon Monster III this turn, but it will not go off until the beginning of your next turn.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha whirls into a series of her own attacks, moving faster than it seems possible for a warrior without magic. Spending a ki point for an extra attack on her flurry with her glaive, plus using Power Attack and including the morale penalty:

Glaive flurry #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16, damage 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 nonlethal.
Glaive flurry #2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16, damage 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 nonlethal.
Glaive flurry #3: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9, damage 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 nonlethal.
Glaive flurry #ki point 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32, damage 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 nonlethal; crit confirm 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19, crit damage 2d10 + 32 ⇒ (5, 9) + 32 = 46.

Performance check for rolling the nat 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog shakes his head as the boos rain down on his teammates. This am no good, he thinks.

He glares at the nearest monk SM2, stomping his small foot twice as he wishes ill fortune on the man. Evil Eye hex; -2 to all saves for 7 rounds; DC 19 Will save to reduce to one round.

Also, did we get any chance to cast spells ahead of time? Wasn't sure about whether I'd gotten to cast false life.


Not this time, Poog - your first match is immediately after the open ceremonies. There will be time to do so in future bouts, though.

Asha's foe dodges and leaps over many of her strikes, but the final one connects solidly, knocking the wind out of the man. He spins his meteor hammer in a defensive manner, hoping to ward off more blows like that.

If I understand the performance combat rules, Asha, I believe you may make another performance combat roll to influence the crowd since you critted the meteor monk.

Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The spade monk shakes his head in confusion; his usual iron will is battered by the little goblin's strange magics.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak takes aim on the sword monk that threatens Simon and unleashes a barrage of arrows with unnatural speed.

ok, let's try this again, full attack action with boots of speed, +1 from being hasted and -1 from performance, no point blank, deadly aim for -3/+6, so 17/17/12/7 and +12 to damage

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 191d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Arrow 2: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 331d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Arrow 3: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 151d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Arrow 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Crit-triggered performance check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


The crowd cheers again as Asha recovers from an uncharacteristically clumsy attack. And we're back to normal. No morale penalties.

The monk with the seven-branched sword recognizes the true threat on the battlefield, and closes to engage Zarina. His sword gleams in the orange light, and slashes at her. She knocks aside a brutal blow aimed for her midsection, but the man still draws blood.

Sword monk does not charge, move to I6, swift action to use a ki point to increase AC by 4, and strike!
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Crit Damage: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (2, 3) + 10 = 15

Zak notices the man with a monk's spade harrying Simon, and sends a volley of arrows at him. The martial artist spins his staff in a vain effort to knock them aside - most of them still find their mark, however. He collapses to a knee, and throws his spade to the ground.

Spade monk 2 takes a severe beating, and surrenders!

The two remaining monks see things have gotten desperate, and close to attack their targets. Zarina's foe launches into a flurry of attacks, none of which connect solidly; Asha's dance partner, however, opts for a more cautious approach, and one swing of his hammer threatens to strike her in the skull.

Spade monk 1 adjusts to H5, and flurries Zarina. He also spends a ki point to get an additional attack.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack 3 (from ki point): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Attack 4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Attack 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Meteor monk spends a ki point to gain +4 to AC, and full attacks Asha.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28, Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26, Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9, Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Next up: Asha, Zarina and Simon!


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

DM, did the meteor hammer monk that I hit pretty badly last round surrender, or is he still threatening me? If he is still up, let me try to knock him down first. Also, not sure if the minus one is still in effec this round...if it is, please subtract it rom my rolls.

Status: 90/123 normal HP left, 112/145 rage HP left, AC 22, second round of raging.

Zarina turns toward the monk with the spade and swings her claws at him.

Claw One 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire

Claw Two 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Damage 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire

Bite 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Damage 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire


He's not threatening you. Or anyone. Ever again. Also, for rolling a 1, you must make a performance combat roll.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Just one, DM, or do I get another for any of my blows landing?

Performance roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha is rocked back by the blow to her head, but it only catches her off-guard for a moment; she immediately replies with another series of blows from her glaive.

Another flurry, no Power Attack this time, same target. If any one of these drops her target, she takes a 5 foot step to I8 and directs the rest of her attacks on the monk with the 7-branched sword.

Flurry #1: attack 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30, damage 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 nonlethal. Also, if I hit, they are dazzled: -1 to attacks for a round.
Flurry #2: attack 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37, damage 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 nonlethal plus dazzled.
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24, damage 2d10 + 14 ⇒ (3, 1) + 14 = 18
Flurry #3: attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26, damage 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 nonlethal and dazzled.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Nice Asha!


Zarina's claws are wide of the mark, but her vicious bite finds purchase in the spade monk's shoulder. Asha's retort sends her foe flying, and is even able to begin harrying the monk with the seven-branched sword. Simon finishes his chanting, and a small sphere of pure white energy appears floating high above Zarina and the two monks. Two blasts of brilliant white emit from inside the creature, but the monks dive out of the way, and the blasts strike the arena's sandy ground.

The monk with the seven-branched sword parries one of Asha's last blows, and steps into an advantageous position against Zarina. With a warcry, he launches into a final desperate assault against his draconic foe.

The sword monk will take a 5' step into flank with the spade monk, make a flurry of blows on Zarina, and spend a ki point to get an additional attack.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17, Damage; 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13, Damage; 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack 3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25, Damage; 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Attack 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, Damage; 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Attack 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, Damage; 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Poog is up!


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Looks like there's just one left?

Poog turns his gaze on the final remaining monk, pulling a small twig from his clothing. He points it at the man, twirls it around once in the air, and then breaks it with a loud snap, which seems to send a shimmer of force in the monk's direction.

Mechanics:
Misfortunate hex on the man. DC 19 Will save. The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save negates this hex. At 8th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. This hex affects all rolls the target must make while it lasts. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.


Two actually - the last spade monk and the sword monk are flanking Zarina. Which one would you like to target? Also: Asha, since you hit three times, you may take a swift action to make a performance combat check to influence the crowd in the Warriors' favor.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Spade monk, please


As you wish!
Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Despite the setbacks the monastic warriors have endured in the bout, the spade-wielding monk's chi is too strong for Poog to reverse.

Zak, you're up, followed by the spade monk.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Doh! Oh well, at the least it spared that 20 from being a potential critical hit...


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Utilizing the boots of speed again, Zak unleashes a full volley at the spade monk.

full attack action with boots of speed, +1 from being hasted, no point blank, deadly aim for -3/+6, so 18/18/13/8 and +12 to damage

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 291d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Arrow 2: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 231d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Arrow 3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d8 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Arrow 4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Because I dropped an opponent and I maxxed out on damage, I think I get a couple of performance checks. Taking them in the order they occurred:

Check for max damage (with +2 bonus for using a two-handed weapon): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Check for dropping a foe: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

If I succeeded on either check (and I would think I did), I think we might be getting a morale bonus of some size...


You did, in fact, Asha. The crowd is now on your side; you all get a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls, combat maneuver checks, ability checks, skill checks, and saving throws.

Zak fires a cascade of arrows down at the monks fighting Zarina. The monk with the spade falls to the ground after the third, and Zak redirects the final shot to the sword-wielding monk. It also strikes him in the arm, leaving him the only opposing combatant on the field.

Asha, Zarina and Simon get to finish this off!


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

"Put down your weapon, monk, this battle is finished..."

Zarina holds her action, readying to strike, if the monk attacks.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Hooray, I can actually post for a bit today, thanks to family. ^^

Simon nods at the Lantern Archon, which moves to flank the remaining Monk, moving to an angle opposite Zarina. The old man moves to an equidistant point, leaving the last man standing the center of a rather uncomfortable triangle.

"You may stand and be felled, or yield with honour, sir," Simopn calls out with a stern voice.

Diplomacy to make the last Monk yield: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20. If he insists on fighting anyway, the Lantern Archon attacks: Ranged touch attack #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8. Damage if it hits: 1d6 ⇒ 5. Ranged touch attack #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20. Damage if it hits: 1d6 ⇒ 2.


The monk with the sword sees his brethren fallen before him, and slowly lowers his sword. He bows deeply to each of you, then quits the field of battle. The crowd erupts in cheers as the Emissary stands from his wooden throne. "The winners of our initial bout: the Warriors of the Five Elements!" The crowd roars its approval all around you.

After a time, one of the usher monks gestures for you to leave the field of battle, and stand before the base of the ziggurat. The crowd quiets as he rises again to speak. "Well done, Warriors. For your success here, you will advance to the second day. You are now one step closer to victory! In recognition of this, you will be honored with a token to commemorate your deed. May it bring you great fortune in the trials to come." Marythsan descends the steps, and holds out a small silk bag in one hand, presenting it to you all. Kiang Zhen regards the five of you from her place next to the Emissary with an almost clinical interest.

Congratulations! I won't be handing out XP in this, but I will be tracking it - you will likely level up once before the end of this whole thing, but you're in no danger of that any time soon.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Zarina bows to the monk and to the roaring crowd. She waits to allow one of the others to collect the token. "Poog, I think you wanted the prize, didn't you," she asks happily.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog merely glances at Zarina as he steps forward and holds out his hand. Claiming the small silk bag, he holds it up slowly spinning to show the entire assembled audience the prize ... and the sharply pointed teeth in his wide grin.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha smiles broadly at the crowd as well, but she spares a sorrowful glance at the dead monk's still form. If she has the chance, she'll take a moment to speak to the sword monk about whether his order can or will arrange for the dead man's resurrection.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Is he definitely dead? If not, Poog can heal him.


He's definitely dead. Zarina's bite and fire did enough to drop him to about -16, well below negative Con.

The Pavilion echoes with the cheers of the crowd as Poog accepts the bag and raises it in victory. As the cheers die down, the usher monks motion again for you to depart the Grand Pavilion so that they may prepare for the next bout. As you are lead out, the Emissary announces, "As we prepare the fight stage for the next bout, we present a challenge to all competitors! Show all those in attendance the power behind your blows! Put your might to the test in this competition of breaking!" With the day's victory behind you, you are approached by several spectators, praising your fighting skills.

Asha: You catch sight of the monk you fought who wielded the seven-branched sword. As you approach, he bows in respect to you. "Our brother knew the risks of entering the Tournament. Some of his worldly possessions will be sold to finance his spirit's return into his body. The Abadarites will ensure his body's safekeeping until after the Tournament is over."

Poog:
The bag has a weight to it, but it doesn't feel full at all.

Feel free to heal up - you've got the time, just mark off the resources used. You're at loose ends for now. You can participate in the breaking competition if you desire, explore the island, watch the bouts, or whatever else you'd like to do. Just let me know!


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

/Do we have any idea what the "breaking competition" entails?

Asha smiles in relief. "Your brother fought bravely and with honor," she replies. "May his path back from the Boneyard be swift and easy."


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog opens up the bag and looks inside before deciding what to do next.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak looks over Poog's shoulder, curious as to what may be the reward. "It's likely that whatever reward we receive will be received by our competition in the next round of the tournament."

151 to 200 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Emissary's Ruby Phoenix Tournament All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.