Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Emissary's Ruby Phoenix Tournament

Game Master Misroi

PROVE YOURSELF!


51 to 100 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

The goblin's smile dims as he sees Asha is not impressed.

"It am only small fire," he says. "Me am sure it am not burn too much before someone put it out. Goblins am liking letting fire dance by itself. Poog am not good with fire, though -- stupid It," the last seems like an odd nonsequiter aimed at the dirty terrier. "He am only needed to fix goblins when fire dance with them."


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Simon notes the confrontation between the Goblin and the Hobgoblin, but sees others have the matter well in hand.

As soon as he sees another server, he flags him or her down and, smilingly, asks in Tien: "Excuse me, but might I ask about the striking lady I just spoke to? Lady... 'Kiang Zhen', I believe."


Gomwai snorts in derision at Poog's comment. "Ļoti labi, žurkas. Esat izdarījis savu izvēli. Padariet savu mieru ar Māti Monsters, par Gomwai būs nosūtot jums, lai apmierinātu viņu personīgi." He moves away from the table, glancing briefly to regard Zarina. He snorts dismissively at her, and moves on.

Goblin:

Very well, rat. You have made your choice. Make your peace with the Mother of Monsters, for Gomwai will be sending you to meet her personally.

The eyes of the server Simon flagged down grow wide briefly as he asks about Kiang Zhen. "I would stay away from that one, honored lord. She is a vicious kuwa sorceress, bound by the Temple of Abadar to serve the Ruby Phoenix Tournament's Emissary for a century. The binding keeps her from taking actions that would harm contestants or spectators, but only when there is not currently a match. Some say she relishes the relative freedom she enjoys when she is officiating one of the exhibition matches." He shudders as a chill runs down his spine.

A short time after all of this, servers approach each of you with a simple message. "Honored lords and ladies, your presence is requested at the table of Marthysan the Righteous, champion of the 30th Ruby Phoenix Tournament. Please, follow me."


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

"I am, as you can see, a humble stranger in your land," Simon says, as he bows his white-haired head to the server. "I am unfamiliar with the word 'kuwa'. Could you tell me more?"

When the messenger comes with the invitation, Simon finishes his cup of tea. He levers himself to his feet with the aid of his cane, groaning a little, and then follows the server to Marthysan's table.

Bluff check for Simon to appear older than he is: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

"It is time for us to bow down the the King," Zarina snorts derisively. She follows the others silently, not happy at being beckoned by the 'champion.'


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Cienījams Kungs? Ka esmu pirmais ...

Goblin thoughts:

Honored lord? That am first...

Curious, Poog decides to go along to see what new turn of events this brings. As he leaves, he glances behind, hoping the rag was not completely burned out. Alas, his lack of gift with fire continues. stulba tā

Goblin thoughts:

Stupid It!

The small terrier suddenly lets out a sharp bark, bringing a withering glance from the goblin as they walk toward the table.


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak slowly rises and follows the small group, still staying quiet and reserved, his eyes darting about, taking in everything, and everyone.

I know he's here somewhere, must see him before he sees me!


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha has just turned to get her poi from her pack (to show Poog what fire dancing actually looks like) when the servant arrives, so she instead scoops up her pack and her glaive and follows him, glancing over her shoulder to make sure the little goblin and his dog are staying out of trouble.


The servant closes the small distance between he and Simon. He speaks quietly, as though Kiang Zhen might overhear his whisper in the crowded room. "She is an oni, honored lord. One of the kami that failed to protect its ward. The kuwa live amongst us, and most wear our skin to hide their fiendish nature. As she is bound to the Emissary, she has shed her disguise to better remind everyone of her station. She ignores us, and we do our best to avoid her notice."

Zarina:

You're familiar with the name Marthysan, as his victory in the 30th Tournament was somewhat contentious. His foe in the final round was a mage from Lingshen, but she was disqualified right before the bout for cheating. He therefore fought the contestant she defeated in order to advance, whom Marythsan handily defeated. Your father's description of his fighting style suggests that he is one of the Inheritor's holy warriors.

So, you're familiar with Marythsan. The Righteous bit is new, though.

The servants lead you to a private table with a spread of delicacies - steaming bowls of soup, platters of wok-fried meats and vegetables, and jugs of the same clear liquor that was being distributed to contestants earlier. Rising from his seat is a comely Avistani man wearing light blue and silver clothes, cut in the Tian Xia style. His brown hair is cut short, and is kept out of his eyes by a headband bearing the symbol of a downpointed sword, its hilt a brilliant starburst. The angles of his eyebrows and the sharp points to his ears betray his mixed human and fey ancestry. He smiles to each of you as he fully rises to his feet and speaks to you all in Tien.

"Friends, welcome to the 31st Ruby Phoenix Tournament! I've heard quite a bit about all five of you, and wished to meet you in person before the games begin tomorrow morning. Please, sit and eat, there is much that we six must discuss."

Knowledge (local) DC 15:

He speaks Tien well enough, but you detect an Avistani accent to his words - specifically, Lastwall.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Zarina takes a seat after greeting the champion. She again passes on any of the food offered to her. She thinks over what she knew about this Marythsan, tidbits that were given to her from her father's stories. If he favors the Inheritor, at least he'll be as trustworthy as anyone here...let's give him a listen...


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Zak still remains silent, absorbing all about him, yet trying to give away nothing. He does partake of the fare, not wanting to either appear rude or draw attention to his behavior.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

"I thank you for your kind warnings and tutelage, friend," Simon says to the server. "Would you be insulted if I offer to cross your palm with silver? It is a custom in my home when one teaches the other about the world's dark creatures."

If the server is not offended, Simon slips him five pieces of silver.

Once at the table, Simon very carefully sets down his pot of tea on the table. "Thank you for your welcome, kind sir," Simon says, with a genteel smile and a bow of the head.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha smiles at the man, taking a seat. "Master Marthysan," she says warmly. "It is an honor to meet you! And quite generous of you to offer to share you table with us. Though I must confess, we have already been offered a great deal of food - I fear our appetites might not be up to meeting the challenge of such wonderful food." She does not hesitate to dig in, however, and her appetite seems up to it, at least.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

"Poog say eat now because you not know when you get more food," the goblin says in perfect Tien. He tucks in without reservation, occasionally dropping pieces for the small dog at his feet.


The server is, in fact, not offended by the tip, and pockets the change. "Thank you, honored lord. May you find good fortune in the arena tomorrow." With that, he departs.

Marythsan reseats himself once you all sit down at his table, chuckling softly at Asha's comment. "I know, Asha. New Harbor is a quiet little village for nine years out of every ten, but that all changes once the Tournament is about to begin. That year is spent in preparation for this week-long celebration. They will not be offended if you do not partake in everything they have to offer - they only ask that you partake."

He pours a small measure of the liquor into his cup, and picks up a set of exquisitely carved chopsticks, tucking into his bowl of rice and vegetables. "I had heard of your victories in the qualifying rounds, my friends, and I wanted to meet each of you personally. Simon Greer, mystic warrior whose fortunes are tied back to the family's estate. Asha Ghadvhi, holy warrior who flows like a river upon the battlefield. Poog Bonebane, the little arcanist who has mastered his race's love of the flame to excel in the weirding ways. Zakarras, the man who walks in places others cannot, traveler of the four winds. And Zarina Malora, daughter of Zarathas Malora, competitor in the 30th Ruby Phoenix Tournament, whose blood is both dragon and mortal but neither as well."

"There are some in the village that believe that the world, and everything in it, are made of five elements - air, earth, fire, water, and void - and that understanding them is the road to enlightenment." He takes a draught of his liquor, washing down the fried foods. When he resumes speaking, it's in a far quieter voice than his previous tone. "Personally, I think it's a load of rubbish, but who am I to judge? What I can tell, however, is that as strong as you five are seperately, you would make an unstoppable team in the arena. I would like to see someone worthy carry on the title of the Ruby Phoenix Champion, and there is nothing in the tournament rules that bans contestants from forming teams. Of the contestants here, I find it very likely that you could go all the way. What say you, my friends?"


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

Simon smilingly pours himself a cup of tea, but behind the smile he feels cold, so very cold.

'Someone has been checking up on all of us,' he thinks. 'Or else they have winkled memories out of our heads without us noticing.'

A tremor seems to pass through the hand that is still clutching his cane, and he squeezes it a little more tightly.

"I have no objection to teaming up for a while," he says, a little quaver in his voice. He sips his tea. "If we can all agree to support each other honourably until the point when we must face one another, you will find me an honourable supporter. How say you all?"


Human Fighter 9 / Horizon Walker 3 | init +12, per +16 | AC 28/18/22 | HP 90/109 | Fort +12, Reflex +12, Will +8 (+2) | CMB +14, CMD 32

Teams! At least I haven't been paired with the one I seek to slay, best accept this chance and the opportunity it'll provide.

"Yes, I consent to teamwork among us, to my new friends I pledge honor and sportsmanship, even to you little green one, and may we show this tournament a sight to be remembered!" Zak raises his glass in toast to his new teammates.

But what care does one such as Marythsan have for who holds the title, lout or noble, is something greater in design here?


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Five people Poog am not having to kill until end of contest? This am make winning easier...

"Poog am agree to not beat others here if they no try to beat Poog."


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

"my father spoke very highly of you Marysthan. With all due respect, However why are you attempting to put such a team together? I have no objection to teaming with these four, as they have seemed honoraable. What happens when our team faces you, though?"


Marythsan smiles wistfully at Zarina's question. "That won't happen, Zarina. As you might expect from a tournament run by the Abadarites, the rules of the tournament forbid a champion from seeking a second title. The glory of victory and the spoil from the Ruby Phoenix's First Vault are what I will be taking away from this Tournament in a week's time. When I pass on the title, I would prefer it to be to someone - or someones - who respects the position they will inherit. Victory here has brought me a great opportunity to help my homeland in their watch against the orcs of the Hold of Belkzen. I want someone who will use the position's political clout responsibly - and I feel you five are the best chance of that."

He flags down another server carrying a pot of tea, and motions for it to be placed on the table nearest to Simon. "And actually, Simon, you would not fight each other. Tournament rules treat teams as a single entity. You would either win or lose the Tournament as a team."


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha raises an eyebrow. "I would greatly enjoy the idea of teammates, although we have not fought together before - but would there only be one prize amongst the five of us as well? I would not wish to deprive someone of a well-earned chance to claim an item from the Phoenix's Vault if they believe they could earn it on their own."


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

"As for me, I am not concerned with any items to be won from the vault. The group can have whatever item Id be given, if necessary. I am here for something more important than a trinket."


"Aye, there would, Asha, but think of this - the Ruby Phoenix spent her entire life filling her Vault with some of the most incredible treasures the world has ever seen, and she lived for centuries. Only thirty items have been removed from the Vault since her failure to reappear in the Temple of Abadar over three hundred years ago. I would be very surprised if there wasn't something inside the Vault that could aid all of you in your own fashion." Marythsan listens to Zarina, then gestures to her as an example. "And there you are - one of you has no designs upon the prize. Surely, something can be found within to the mutual benefit of the four of you?"


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

"Poog am willing to work with others. If no am item work for all of us, because Poog am smallest and weakest, Poog think Poog should get item if we win, as Poog need it most."

The dog barks and growls at him, and he turns and starts jabbering at it in an indecipherable tongue that sounds somewhat like Goblin.


Marythsan drains the last of his cup, and places it on the table in front of him. "I will leave you be to discuss the rest of this, my friends. You'll want to come up with a team name for the crowd to get behind. If you have not made accomodations for your stay during the tournament, I will offer up a suite of rooms in the inn next to Yon Loi's - the traditional quarters for the outgoing champion is far more than I require. It might take you quite a bit of time to find a room otherwise, and you'll want to get a good night's rest, so you can put your best foot forward tomorrow!" He remains for a moment or two to answer any question, then bids you all good evening.

After discussing amongst yourselves for awhile, a well-toned Tian man dressed in monk's robes approaches your table. His hands and forearms are wrapped in cloth straps, and his head is shaved but for a single section stretches to his feet, despite the intricate braiding. He bows to you all respectfully, his gaze even and his mouth slightly upturned in a smile. "Good evening, fellow competitors," he says in Tien. "I am known as Chung Po, and I wish to extend a challenge to you all! To honor the house we dine in, for the entertainment of its guests, and to foster the spirit of competition, will one of you face me in a demonstration of the grappling arts?" His eyes twinkle as he awaits your answer.

Knowledge (religion) DC 22, add any monk levels you may have to this as a bonus:

Judging by Chung Po's stance and the cut of his robes, you judge him to be taught in the tetori style.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog nods at Marythsan's words, accepting his offer of a room. "Poog and him Tribe?" he suggests to his new companions as a team name. "Fire am good?"

Later, after Chung Po's invitation, he shrugs. "Poog am lover, not fighter."

Atkal? Viņi esmu viss traks, mēģinot parādīt, ko viņi dara un atdot noslēpumus pirms konkurss sākas. Poog esmu daudz gudrāki, nekā pārējās.

Goblin thoughts:

Again? They am all crazy, trying to show what they do and give away secrets before competition begin. Poog am much smarter than rest.

Didn't bother with check, because I can't get that high even if I roll a 20 and weren't untrained in the skill.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

"Your offer is extremely gracious," Asha smiles at Marthysan. "I, at least, would be happy to accept. I have little need for space or special accomodations myself, but I would not refuse such a generous gift." She turns to examine the others with a speculative expression. "A name? For as motley a crew as we are? I am trained as a dancer, not a poet, and a good thing too, for I could easily despair at trying to contain all of us in a single phrase!"

Knowledge (religion) with monk bonus: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Looking up at Chung Po, the Vudrani monk considers him for a moment roughly a move action's worth of detect evil before smiling and rising gracefuly from her chair. "Master Po, I would be honored." Looking over the group's stats, it looks like I've got the best shot at winning anyway, so...


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

"I too, would appreciate your hospitality, as I forgot to consider any lodging during my preparations for the event. Thank you kindly.". She turns to the others to see if any more clever than she had any bright ideas as to a catchy team name.

As Asha steps up to accept the challenge, Zarina stands back to observe the grappling. "Asha, don't show everything right now. You two might meet again down the road," Zarina whispers to her new teammate as she steps back to a safe distance to watch the exhibition.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

"Poog and him Tribe," the witch intones with a decisive nod, as if the group's name -- seemingly a foregone conclusion -- had been decided when no one offers any other suggestions. He gives a toothy grin.

Feel free to suggest something else. This has Poog's vote, though.


Asha:

You do not detect the stain of evil upon Po's soul.

Po's smile widens as Asha accepts. "Excellent! Everyone! Make some room for a demonstration of martial skill!" Po's voice does not carry especially far in the din upstairs, but enough hear his call. Tables and chairs are moved, and a small crowd forms a ring around Po and Asha.

Po slowly settles into a hunched stance, performing a flowing kata that ends with him in a crouch, one arm outstretched towards his opponent while the other is tucked behind his back with his fist clenched. "Let us give the crowd a show! Defend yourself!" And, with that, he leaps at the Vudrani!

Initiative:
Chung Po: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Asha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Bah. Given that we're both going so slowly, I take this to mean we're both showboating for the crowd.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Do I recognize the style? And Asha always showboats for the crowd. ;)

Asha does a kata of her own, a set of sweeping, dancelike movements that seem almost more like ballet than martial preparations. Nevertheless, she ends with a broad bow, head bent slightly forward, one hand stretched forward, fingers curled up like a flower, with the other held straight back, fingers curled downward. As Po leaps toward her, she straightens, spinning, trying to catch his motion in her swirl.

Well, let's see if he's got Combat Reflexes! Grapple attempt, nothing fancy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17. Since she doesn't have Improved Grapple, that provokes, so if he can make AoOs while flat-footed... On the other hand, unless he's got uncanny dodge, he should be denied his Dex bonus to CMD, so...

...of course, I could just roll a nat 1 and make the whole question moot.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog's eyes narrow as he watches the fight get ready to begin, before giving a goblin chant, apparently for good luck.

"Briesmonis dziedāt, goblinu dziedāt,
"Briesmonis skatīties cilvēka lieta
"Cīņa par jautru, nevis asinīm
"Poog tribemate saņemt to izdarīt"

Goblin:

Goblin chant, goblin sing,
Goblin watch human thing
Fight for fun, not for blood
Poog tribemate get it done

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Standard action to use Fortune hex on Asha: The witch can grant a creature within 30 feet a bit of good luck for 1 round. The target can call upon this good luck once per round, allowing him to reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, taking the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the first roll is made. At 8th level and 16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. Once a creature has benefited from the fortune hex, it cannot benefit from it again for 24 hours.

It's a supernatural ability, so I don't think it should be noticed by others.


The Knowledge (religion) check was to see if you recognized his style. That's why monks got a bonus to it. Also, I think you're right on the supernatural ability, Poog, but...

As Asha spirals around Chung Po, he twirls in midair. His fist lashes out from behind his back, striking at her as he moves by!

Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Damage (nonlethal): 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14

Chung Po presses his advantage as his punch strikes the Vudrani monk. He grabs ahold of her outstretched arm, attempting to place her into a painful arm lock.

He's also got grab. He can't fail the grapple, but for completeness sake... Grapple check: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (19) + 28 = 47


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

EDIT: never mind. Also, a tetori? Really? Man.

And he bloody well can fail the grapple. Check my CMD again. Of course, he didn't, but he could have... (Also, everyone fails on a 1.)

Asha laughs as the other monk grabs and tosses her - though the arm lock dampens her amusement signficantly.

Since that was Asha's turn, he gets to finish the pin on his action now, I assume. However, I am going to make him work for it - I'll spend a ki point to increase my AC by 4 and, because it's a dodge bonus, my CMD goes up to 40 until my next action.


Oh yeah...sorry, it's late, and for some reason I thought we had to do opposed grapple checks. OK, CMD 40 it is.

As Chung grabs ahold of Asha's wrist tightly, he drops into a low and defensible position, swiftly attempting to force her into a submission hold.

Swift action to drop into Snapping Turtle style. Greater Grapple gives me two grapple attempts.
Move Action: Attempt to pin: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33
Standard Action: Attempt to pin again: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (11) + 28 = 39
Forgot the +5 bonus for controlling the grapple. Since he succeeded on one of them, the grapple is maintained, and Asha is pinned.

"The river is everflowing, and hard to catch," Chung Po says as he pushes hard onto Asha's joint. "But a sturdy dam will stop even the mightiest river."


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Pretty sure he has to control the grapple for a full round to get the +5 bonus.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

"How about "The Five Elements"?" Simon calmly suggests as he watches the Monks grappling. "Sir Martysan suggested it is a concept that holds the interest of the locals."

His eyes narrow as he watches Asha being gripped and pinned.


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

Even though she had advised Asha to to show all her talents, Zarina had hoped the Vudrani would have shown some of her talents. "Gt him, Asha!"

She turned to Simon and nodded. "I can deal with that, Simon. Sunds good enough for me. Poog can still call us what he prefers, of course."


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Sorry, was waiting until we had the grapple thing sorted, and then work got in the way.

Surprisingly, Asha's elbow almost seems to bend the wrong way as she makes a shrugging motion, and although it also involves a tumbling roll across the floor, suddenly she is free again and facing Chung Po. She shifts her shoulders slightly, trying to work the kink out, as she starts to circle. "Master Po," she says chidingly, "winning in the first pass? How will that thrill the crowd?" She grins, then makes a "come and get me" motion with her left hand. She murmurs a short prayer to Shelyn in Vudrani as she does, then backflips across the room to the far side of the cleared space.

Swift action to cast grace, then a move action to move away from Chung Po, so he won't be able to get more than one grapple check off this round. Readying a nonlethal kick for when Chung Po attacks her. Attack roll, with the second round of her good fortune: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 or 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.


Po is briefly startled as Asha slips through his grasp, but grins as she waves a challenge. "Quite so, my fellow contestant, quite so. Let us see who learned best from their sifu!" He darts towards Asha, making another grab for her, grunting in pain as her kick strikes him solidly in the midsection.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17, Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10, Grapple: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40

Chung Po attempts to grab Asha about the midsection, but telegraphs his movement wildly, allowing the Vudrani to leap away from his unrelenting grasp. "Hmmmm, it seems you have learned well at your sifu's feet, little dancer. But how long do you have before I learn the steps?"


HP 134/134; AC 25/14/24 Init+1, Perc+12; F+14,R+7,W+13

"Well struck, Asha!". Zarina was already getting excited by the spirit of competition. She had waited a long time for this, and couldn't wait to get in the ring.


Male Human Ninja 6 / Conjurer 6; Init. +6; Perception +11; AC 27/19 (+4 Dex., +1 Dodge feat, +2 natural armour, +2 Cat's Grace, +4 armour, +4 deflection); hp 71/94; Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +10

"How regrettable, sir, if you do not trust your own dance routine to the extent that you must copy another's steps," Simon says in a dry tone of voice. "I was under the impression that this was to be a demonstration of our own skills, not our ability to mimic another's style."


Asha, you're up!

"I could not follow where she leads, sir," Chung Po replies to Simon, briefly taking his eyes away from Asha. "I can only hope to learn where she will be, and arrive there before her." He turns back to the fight, focusing his gaze on Asha, his left palm outstretched to her as though to ward off oncoming strikes.


Male Goblin Witch 12 HP 88/76, AC 21, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +12,

Poog continues to chant softly in Goblin:
"Briesmonis dziedājums un briesmonis deju
briesmonis dod draugs vēl vienu iespēju"

Goblin:
"Monster chant and monster dance
monster give friend one more chance"

Cackle (I'm using goblin chant instead of cackling; hope that little bit of fluff difference doesn't bother you) to extend Fortune on Asha for another round.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Asha studies her foe for a moment before shfting her stance to one with a far more aggressive posture. "Then let us proceed to the conclusion, my friend," she smiles, nodding her head with respect before launching a series of quick blows with hands, feet and elbows.

Flurry of blows, all of which are nonlethal - my only hope of winning is to do enough nonlethal damage to him to knock him out before he finishes pinning me. Even that's not likely, though, so let's do this. He's in Snapping Turtle, and I bet he's got the Clutch, so I'll just roll the attacks and we'll see how far I get before he grabs me.

First attack, with fortune: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 or 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 nonlethal.
Second attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 nonlethal.
Third attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 nonlethal; crit confirm 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14, crit damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12.

Cheliax

Believe it or not, all the way. He does indeed have Clutch, but you failed to miss him.

Those few moments Chung Po took his eyes off the fight were crucial ones - Asha is a roaring river of strikes, and Chung Po soon has the wind knocked out of him. He is forced to give up ground to her avalanche of an assault, but he retaliates with his own set of punches and kicks.

First attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27, Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 = 13, Grapple: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33
Second attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14, Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10, Grapple: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (6) + 28 = 34

"Caught you!", Chung Po shouts as he ducks under an elbow smash from Asha intended for his chest. His grasp is strong, and he holds the flowing Vudrani firm in his grasp. "You have danced well, but you shall not escape my grasp a second time! I have won, my friend!"

Two can play at this game. He spends a ki to increase his AC by 4, increasing his CMD by 4. Good luck, Asha!


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Wait, he grappled me? But he only hit me once, and he didn't make my CMD on the grapple check afterward!


Gah! I misread your CMD. You are not grappled. I clearly need to post updates when I'm not exhausted.


Female Human (Vudrani) monk of the four winds 4 / paladin 8

Chung Po landed one solid blow but Asha is pleased to find that she is, so far, holding her own in the contest. It is not a contest of the "grappling arts," at least not yet, but she is confident that part will come soon enough. For now, she keeps working to weaken her opponent sufficiently so as to have a chance when that time arrives. She keeps on the pressure, flowing smoothly from form to form as she strikes out.

Another non-lethal flurry; also, spending a ki point to boost my AC again.

First strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6.
Second strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11.
Third strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8.


Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 = 15 Grapple: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (20) + 28 = 48

Chung Po seems to anticipate Asha's first strike, and blocks it with practiced ease. He attempts to grab ahold of her wrist as he parries, but she easily slips free of his counter, finding an opportunity to strike him soundly in the chest. Po gasps for breath, retreating a step - despite the Vudrani's assault, he continues to stand against the waves of her offense. However, her blows have begun to wear down his reserves, and his attacks are clumsy and easily parried.

Perception DC 20 (everyone but Asha):

You notice that there are a number of peasants interested in the outcome of this fight - most of them holding scrips of paper in their hands. Also, you note Risha Coaltongue watching, as well as Kiang Zhen.

First attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 = 14 Grapple: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (7) + 28 = 35
Second attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15 Grapple: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (3) + 28 = 31

I think this might be the first round I did grappling right! Of course, I rolled terrible in it. Asha's up again!

51 to 100 of 1,778 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Emissary's Ruby Phoenix Tournament All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.