Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Elanmorin's Hell' Rebels

Game Master Rogar Valertis

Kintargo has been taken over by the forces of Hell!
Barzillai Thrune has the city in his clutches, will heroes arise and suceed in guiding the resistance against the tyrant or will they fall as so many others before of them?

HELL’S REBELS REBELLION SHEET

Lootfinder by Veccio

Initiative order:

[dice=Initiative check (Lirotha)]1d20+3[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Kurglunn)]1d20+2[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Morricone)]1d20+1[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Oren)]1d20+2[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Rocco)]1d20+3[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Talon)]1d20+4[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Valrani)]1d20+1[ /dice]

Map of Kintargo

The wasp nest

Old Kintargo Cemetery Crypt 04

Red Gills' last stand (?)


2,351 to 2,376 of 2,376 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

"Ooooh... that's really nice of you miss! Very nice indeed! Be careful on what you what you offer though! I might actually take you up on that offer and follow you home! You'd have an actual DRAGON roaming your house then!" Vendalfek chuckles, making an exaggerate roar, like he's a huge and terrible red wyrm and not a tiny and cute faerie dragon.

"In all seriousness though my jokes and tricks are never malicious. I never really hurt anyone! A ghost sound here a silent image there... it was all done in good fun I assure you"

The tiny dragon obviously seems tempted by Lirotha's offer although something seems to stop him from going further and ask to join you:"You see... Clenchjaw's is my new home. If I were to move away from it I'd have to move my hoard too... Say... would you allow me to keep my hoard with me if I were to move in with you?"


Stealth +0; Perception +10; SM +5 HP 24/24; AC 13; Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; init +1;

"I'm sure we would. We have some very nice caverns." adds Valrani.

"Actually, having a guard dragon would be awsome. We had this *very* annoying little devil try to move in with us. But I'm sure it would have been far too scared to try that if you had been with us... And things are never boring around us Ravens."


Tien Female Mutagenic Mauler 3 | HP 25/30 | AC (22)18/14/17 | F+5,R+5,W+2 (+2 v. Charm, compulsion and emotions) | Init.+2, Perc.+7 | CMB +6 (+7 Bull Rush); CMD 18 (19 v Bull Rush)|

"If you'd like to move your hoard with you, we'd be happy to help you watch over it. If you help us around the place, we might be able to help you add to your hoard, you know..."


Female 1/2 Elf (Varisian) Witch 3 (Cartomancer) | HP (16)19/19 | Speed 30ft | AC (11)12 (16 w/Mage Armor), touch 12, flat-footed 10 | Fort +4 : Ref +5 : Will +4 | Hexes: Healing, Slumber | Init +3, Perception +11 (Low-Light) | Active:

Smirking happily at the Dragon's honesty and obvious enthusiasm, Lirotha nods easily.

"Hey, that works for me...but let's keep you a secret from our other Ravens for now? The last thing any of us need is anybody overreacting to your greatness, at least until you get settled in Master Dragon?"

Shadow Lodge

"Excellent! the small dragon yaps happyly making a few pirouettes through the air and landing back on the balcony.

"Don't worry about my hoard. I have the means to move it, I just wanted to make sure you'll allow me to keep it for me. You should know that hoards are really important for us dragons! Just show me where you live and I'll join you, as soon as I find a suitable place to turn into my lair. And by the way... with me moving in, you won't have to worry about small devils anymore!"

You return to the Wasp Nest with Vendalfek in tow and he immediately takes a liking to the place, flying around the halls and studying it, searching for the best place to nest. Once he's decided he disappears, but you find him the day after, having moved in with you for good, it seems.


Tien Female Mutagenic Mauler 3 | HP 25/30 | AC (22)18/14/17 | F+5,R+5,W+2 (+2 v. Charm, compulsion and emotions) | Init.+2, Perc.+7 | CMB +6 (+7 Bull Rush); CMD 18 (19 v Bull Rush)|

"Well, that turned out quite pleasant after all! I like that little fellow...seems to be a good sort. Now, do we want to follow up on that other lead now, or wait until later?"


Female 1/2 Elf (Varisian) Witch 3 (Cartomancer) | HP (16)19/19 | Speed 30ft | AC (11)12 (16 w/Mage Armor), touch 12, flat-footed 10 | Fort +4 : Ref +5 : Will +4 | Hexes: Healing, Slumber | Init +3, Perception +11 (Low-Light) | Active:

I'm wondering if Vendalfek can be taken as an Improved Familiar or Cohort later on? For that matter...Leadership Feat works different here doesn't it GM? Anyway...My Witch Familiar is a Unique object (Harrow Deck), so I can't improve it anyway.

Shadow Lodge

Lirotha Karsani wrote:
I'm wondering if Vendalfek can be taken as an Improved Familiar or Cohort later on? For that matter...Leadership Feat works different here doesn't it GM? Anyway...My Witch Familiar is a Unique object (Harrow Deck), so I can't improve it anyway.

No leadership feat. You already have a whole organization at your disposal


Male Halfling Spiritualist 3 (HP 21/21) | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:15 | cmd:12 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Init. +3 | Perc:+5 | Speed 20ft
Spells and Effects:
n/a

Aw...but Rocco wants his own personal army some day! :P

Rocco grins with pleasure as the dragon agrees to move in with the Ravens. "Excellent! We've got a real guard dragon now. No more pesky little devils for us! Plus, it was kinda fun getting in that bar fight, even if it was short-lived. That one bloke just about soiled himself when Kurglunn came up, you remember that K?" The phantom nods quietly, still watching the dragon with a look of wonder in his eyes.


Male human vigilante (gunmaster) 2, Brawler 1; hp 21/21; Init +4; Perception +7; AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14; Fort +2, Ref +9, Will +4; +2 bonus against fear when firearm drawn

The Hound nods "I'd like to see that imp try something now with a dragon around. Not often we get to resolve a problem without conflict. It was a productive evening."

He turns to the rest of the party. "Sorry I couldn't be more help but it looks like everyone had it all under control."


Stealth +0; Perception +10; SM +5 HP 24/24; AC 13; Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; init +1;

"All very well come indeed. I just hope the dragon doesn't cause the same sorts of problems in our home that he did in the bar!" she laughs, half humerus, have genuinely concerned.

"How are you all doing with recovering from the poison?"

Shadow Lodge

With Vendalfek moving in with the rebellion and leaving Clenchjaw alone things quiet down considerable to the point Thrune shutting down one of the last good bars left in the city is no longer an immediate concern of the rebellion.

Meanwhile Rexus finally completes his decoding of the documents you recovered from Fair Fortune Livery, and the results are most shocking!

As you gather near what you have come to value not only as a good hearted man with a keen intellect but also as a good friend, a slightly trembling Rexus starts to present the results of his research:"First of all I need to thank you for the kindness and trust you showed me allowing me to study these documents. Most of the information hidden in these books and scrolls casts the events of the last century under a very different light than what the official records claim. Suffice to say I feel privileged to have had access to such fascinating secrets.
That said, let's start from the very beginning, just be aware that due to time constraints I'll be forced to summarize a little.
The Silver Ravens were established in 4606 ar in the wake of the chaos that swept over Cheliax after Aroden’s death to help protect the city of Kintargo from oppression. At the time the woman who founded the Silver Ravens was a mysterious elf known only as “Jackdaw,” a figure who, before the advent of the Age of Lost Omens, built herself into a sort of Kintargan folk hero who fought for the rights of the city’s downtrodden.
Many of the Silver Ravens were adventurers or worshipers of Milani. Jackdaw, a swashbuckler, was the most powerful and influential of them all, but others who rose to particular prominence among the Silver Ravens were Amyreid an half elf woman and cleric of Milani, Ba, an halfling enchanter, Kyda a human woman and thief by trade, and Brakisi a male human ranger who developed a strong link with the town of Kintargo.
During their career the Silver Ravens defended Kintargo from being conquered no fewer than a dozen times during the Chelish Civil War: five times from power-hungry noble families, four times from agents of Thrune, once from an invasion of skum from the sea, once from a cabal of Nidalese vampires, and once from a blue dragon named Rivozair.
The Silver Ravens' main headquarters were stationed in and below the Kintargo Opera House; unfortunately, no information in the documents indicates any other safe houses the group may have maintained in other parts of the city but considering Fair Fortune Livery we know they are probably here somewhere.
The Silver Ravens were said to be able to use something called the “Song of Silver” to defend Kintargo when it was attacked by enemies, but sadly, no additional information as to what this mysterious song was can be found in these notes. I implore you to not to forget about this and keep an eye out for further clues on this Song of Silver. It might be the key to save Kintargo!
The last section I translated speaks of how the leaders of the Silver Ravens had seen the proverbial writing on the wall—they knew House Thrune was likely to seize control of the nation, and had come to the difficult decision to surrender should this event come to pass, hoping to prevent Thrune from razing Kintargo. Indications exist that the cache of treasure and documents hidden in the Fair Fortune were intended to serve as a sort of time capsule, should Kintargo forget the Silver Ravens with the passage of time.
This is about it... bit I think we are almost ready for the next stage of our mission, but before that happens I ask you to prepare yourselves. What will come is going to be the most dangerous trial we have faced yet"

So saying Rexus completes his report...

The information Rexus translated and made avaiable to you is invaluable. You gain a permanent +2 bonus on all Organization checks (Loyalty, Secrecy, and Security).


Tien Female Mutagenic Mauler 3 | HP 25/30 | AC (22)18/14/17 | F+5,R+5,W+2 (+2 v. Charm, compulsion and emotions) | Init.+2, Perc.+7 | CMB +6 (+7 Bull Rush); CMD 18 (19 v Bull Rush)|

"So how do we get our hands on the cache of treasure? We could use some magic to defend the town, that's for sure," Oren wonders, hearing the summary.


Stealth +0; Perception +10; SM +5 HP 24/24; AC 13; Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; init +1;

"It sounds like we might need to visit the Opera house." notes Valrani.

"So much history. I wonder why the Ravens surrendered themselves rather than just leaving quietly? I can't imagine that house Thrune treated them kindly."


Female 1/2 Elf (Varisian) Witch 3 (Cartomancer) | HP (16)19/19 | Speed 30ft | AC (11)12 (16 w/Mage Armor), touch 12, flat-footed 10 | Fort +4 : Ref +5 : Will +4 | Hexes: Healing, Slumber | Init +3, Perception +11 (Low-Light) | Active:
DM Elan Morin wrote:
You gain a permanent +2 bonus on all Organization checks (Loyalty, Secrecy, and Security)

Updated Rebellion Sheet!


Female 1/2 Elf (Varisian) Witch 3 (Cartomancer) | HP (16)19/19 | Speed 30ft | AC (11)12 (16 w/Mage Armor), touch 12, flat-footed 10 | Fort +4 : Ref +5 : Will +4 | Hexes: Healing, Slumber | Init +3, Perception +11 (Low-Light) | Active:

"THIS, my pretties, is the treasure! These papers! Its a major clue! We need to see if we can find out more info on the older Silver Ravens! Unfortunately the Opera House is Barsillai Thrune's base of operations right now. We cannot go there yet! We will need to work at finding this Song of Silver, and improve the rebellion in general before confronting him in his own lair. I wouldn't put it past him that he chose the location JUST for the fact the Silver Ravens used to work from there!"

Turning to Morricone, Lirotha will talk to the aristocrat.

"You are our resident performer. See what you can find out about this Song of Silver and the Opera House hideout...Discreetly of course! Don't go near the Opera House itself yet!"

She turns to Val.

"Val, once you are done in your work for the day, go check out the city archives for the original Silver Ravens. Anything could be useful: Owned property, relatives, even tombs and wills could be important! Again...be discreet!"

She turns to Rocco.

"If anybody turns up ANYTHING to do with the Ravens, I want you and Kurglunn to try working at digging deeper. If we find objects that belong to them, then use your powers to sense anything about the previous Ravens if you can. If we find a grave, see if you can talk to the spirit of that Raven! If they have relatives or distant ancestors in the city, go talk to them."

Looking at Oren, Lirotha smiled evenly.

"The Ravens were worshipers of Milani. See if you can discreetly contact them using any of our rebellion allies. They must be hiding in the city somewhere. We need to find out what they know!"

Speaking to the entire group at large, the witch snaps her fingers.

"We have a chance NOW. We can make a change for the better here. To help the downtrodden and push out the evil devils who hold this city by the throat. The next few weeks will be difficult I assume, but if we can work together, we can overcome any resistance. If anybody wishes my help on anything, they only need to ask. First come first serve. I only have so much time too, and someone need to keep an eye on things here too so nothing slows down. What say you all?"


Male human Noble 3; hp 21/21; Init +4; Perception +7; AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14; Fort +2, Ref +9, Will +4; +2 bonus against fear when firearm drawn

"I can keep an eye here for you."

Shadow Lodge

Lirotha:
A few days after Rexus finishes decoding the original ravens' documents you receive a visit. While working as a fortuneteller at the docks a somberlooking street urchin approaches and gives you a splendid bouquet of roses. The occurrence seems strange enough but things take a turn for the unexpected as you notice a slip of paper hidden in the bouquet.
It reads:

My Dear Ravens
You are not alone in your fears for the nest we share, but for now, my flock and I must remain quiet and hidden. The time will soon come when we must meet, but until then, keep building your contacts and resources. Do not rush into opposition against our common enemy. The time to retake Kintargo will come, but to strike too soon will be to lose the war before it even begins. Recruit. Prepare. Remain strong in your patience. We shall speak soon.

—The Rose of Kintargo

You can roll Knowledge (religion) to discern more about the Rose of Kintargo


Female 1/2 Elf (Varisian) Witch 3 (Cartomancer) | HP (16)19/19 | Speed 30ft | AC (11)12 (16 w/Mage Armor), touch 12, flat-footed 10 | Fort +4 : Ref +5 : Will +4 | Hexes: Healing, Slumber | Init +3, Perception +11 (Low-Light) | Active:

I don't have Knowledge Religion. But I will show the note to the others and see what they say?

"Anybody know who or what this Rose of Kintargo is?"

Shadow Lodge

After decoding the documents Rexus starts growing restless. He goes out in the night exploring the ashes of his family's estate. He spends time checking on obscure texts and questioning Laria about the various underground organizations still active in Kintargo. It's clear he's searching for something but can't find it.
You resolve to ask him about this strange behaviour but he precedes you. As you gather inside the Wasp Nest he's there waiting for you.
"Friends. I'm ashamed to say I have another favor to ask of you. I think my mother, Porcia Victocora, lives still and I implore you to find her for me! he says a few moments after greeting you.

"You see..." he continues "My mother was a member of a secret group of historians called the Sacred Order of Archivists. I'm sure this was the main reason our estate was targetted by Thrune's arsonists that terrible night. Yet I could find no evidence of he passing. On the contrary, nothing among the ruins of my old home indicates she was even there when the fire started. I know of a stronghold of the order and I think she's been hiding there all this time... alone and terrified! And even if she were dead... I would at least be able to claim her personal effects, since everything else burned out!"
Rexus' visage breaks for a moment in an expression of anguish. Then he composes himself and speaks once more:"The Sacred Order of Archivists has long used chambers below a local museum of oddities called Hocum’s Fantasmagorium as a secret base of operations. If my mother survived the fire, she may have remained silent for so long simply because she’s been lying low in the chambers below the museum. I have never been inside the
place... indeed, it’s been closed to the public for many years, but I know this mithral key that was among the things my mother left me supposedly opens many locks within the building. Please help me. Help HER!"
he finishes handing you the key before starting to cry.

As I said before, make sure to be ready for what comes next. Planning ahead is usually a good idea in situations like this. You have a whole organization at your disposal, make sure to use it. Also you can ask around for information. Laria for one is pretty knowlegeable about Kintargo's underbelly and might have some pearls of wisdom for you


Female 1/2 Elf (Varisian) Witch 3 (Cartomancer) | HP (16)19/19 | Speed 30ft | AC (11)12 (16 w/Mage Armor), touch 12, flat-footed 10 | Fort +4 : Ref +5 : Will +4 | Hexes: Healing, Slumber | Init +3, Perception +11 (Low-Light) | Active:

Laying a soft hand on his houlder, Lirotha will smile.

"Of course we will try and find Porcia! Worry not good friend: Not only is she invaluable to you personally, but she could give our little organization a boost of information if she still lives."

Lirotha will quiz Laria on the Ancient Order of Archivists and anything she can tell us about them and Hocum's Phantasmagorium. We will of course listen to ANY advice she may offer.

Also, Lirotha will send the Fushi Sisters to scout the area around the building during the day to see if if there are any nearby problems: Basically to see if any local Dottari or agents of Thrune might be interested in the place. The last thing we need is to lead the enemy to a possible friend's door!

Anybody else have suggestions on how we can be prepared?


Tien Female Mutagenic Mauler 3 | HP 25/30 | AC (22)18/14/17 | F+5,R+5,W+2 (+2 v. Charm, compulsion and emotions) | Init.+2, Perc.+7 | CMB +6 (+7 Bull Rush); CMD 18 (19 v Bull Rush)|

How about sending an invisible little guard dragon to do some scouting for us as well? We could offer some gold to add to his hoard...


Stealth +0; Perception +10; SM +5 HP 24/24; AC 13; Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +5; init +1;

"How long has it been since you last laid eyes on her?p" says Valrani, as gently as she can.

"Wouldn't stores of food and water be running low by now?"


male Human
Spoiler:
AC 15/T11/FF14 HP 27/27 F+3 R+4 W+3 Init +1 SM +19 /Perception +6
Bard (Chelish Diva) 3

Morricone will use his contacts to question around for a chance to meet a collegue at the oppera. Maybe he has a contact there.
Diplo: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25


Male human vigilante (gunmaster) 2, Brawler 1; hp 21/21; Init +4; Perception +7; AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14; Fort +2, Ref +9, Will +4; +2 bonus against fear when firearm drawn

"I too can scout the place in the evening."


Male Halfling Spiritualist 3 (HP 21/21) | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:15 | cmd:12 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Init. +3 | Perc:+5 | Speed 20ft
Spells and Effects:
n/a

In a rare display of empathy, Rocco reaches up and grabs Rexus's forearm. "Ah, Rexus! I'm sorry. I know how much pain it must be causing you not to know what became of your mother. Don't worry, we'll be glad to check around the museum. Have you heard anything about the Dottari or any of Thrune's other lackeys hanging around the place?"

2,351 to 2,376 of 2,376 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [DM Elanmorin] Hell's Reberls PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.