Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Elanmorin's Hell' Rebels

Game Master Rogar Valertis

Kintargo has been taken over by the forces of Hell!
Barzillai Thrune has the city in his clutches, will heroes arise and suceed in guiding the resistance against the tyrant or will they fall as so many others before of them?

HELL’S REBELS REBELLION SHEET

Lootfinder by Veccio

Initiative order:

[dice=Initiative check (Lirotha)]1d20+3[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Kurglunn)]1d20+2[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Morricone)]1d20+1[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Oren)]1d20+2[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Rocco)]1d20+3[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Talon)]1d20+4[ /dice]
[dice=Initiative check (Valrani)]1d20+1[ /dice]

Map of Kintargo

The wasp nest

Old Kintargo Cemetery Crypt 04

The Fantasmagorium


1 to 50 of 2,659 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The city of Kintargo is suffering. Renowned as the most prominent beacon of artistry, creativeness and free thinking in the whole of the opressive infernal empire of Cheliax, the city has fallen on dire straits.
No more than 10 days ago the lord mayor Jilia Bainilus disappeared under mysterious circumstances, apparently leaving for Arcadia, and was immediately replaced by Barzillai Thrune, the newly appointed paracount of the archduchy of Ravounel.
These are strange times for Cheliax. Nothing has been the same since the iomedean inspired revolt known as the Glorious Reclamation has rocked the southern part of the country and the reigning House Thrune has responded by thightening its grip on everything it could.
It seems Barzillai was the attempt to secure the archduchy of Ravounel, a notorious hotbed of sedition and rebellion against the Asmodeus-given right to domination of House Thrune, but no one thought too much of it.
Apparently this lack of concern was a grave mistake.

A week ago, 3 days after mayor Bainilus disappearance, the Victocora's estate burned to the ground and the whole noble family went suddenly missing, in what is now called the "night of ashes". At the same time important figures and common people alike started disappearing. Some were taken in for interrogation by the dottari guards and never came back home, while some others just disappeared, apparently without anyone able to confirm what happenend to them. The most unfortunate were those found guilty of some alleged crime and publicly exectued by order of Barzillai himself.
In the following days this trend continued and after declaring martial law, Barzillai issued seven proclamations who offended and enraged the sensibilities of several kintargan citizen:

Barzillai Proclamations:
Proclamation the First: All slayers of city pests (hereby ascribed as doves, mice, and ravens) who present said pests to the dottari shall be rewarded with a bounty of one copper piece.

Proclamation the Second: All places of public business must display in a position of prominence within the first room accessible from the building’s primary entrance a portrait of Her Infernal Magestrix Queen Abrogail II. Said portrait must measure no less than 17 by 11 inches.

Proclamation the Third: All those who capture, alive and unharmed, feral dogs of a weight exceeding 50 pounds are to be rewarded with a payment of two silver pieces upon transfer of the dogs to the dottari. Such noble guardian creatures should find homes worthy of their kind!

Proclamation the Fourth: The right to wear fine embroidered clothing in public is hereafter proscribed to anyone other than agents of House Thrune or the Holy Church of Asmodeus. Exceptions can be awarded or purchased at the city’s discretion.

Proclamation the Fifth: Grain is life! Should grain be spilled in public, all must be gathered, cleaned, and repackaged within the hour. Any person who allows grain to go ungathered after a spillage shall be fined one copper piece per grain.

Proclamation the Sixth: The imbibing of night tea brings a dangerous imbalance to the slumbering mind. Between the hours of sunset and sunrise, the taking of tea is proscribed.

Proclamation the Seventh: The odor and flavor of mint is an abomination to the refined palate. Be not the cretin! Mint use in candies, drinks, and all manner of confections is hereby proscribed.

Unsurprisingly the dituation didn't sit well with a lot of Kitargans. Several minor protests have already taken place into the city's streets and squares, only to be rapidly put down by the dottari guards and the hellknights of the order of the Rack.
Yet even this has not been enough to quench the flame of rebellion and today you find yourselves at Aria Park, a location just south of the Kintargo Opera House where Barzillai Thrune has made his new home, after closing it to the public.

By fate or design you find yourselves near each other in the wet and crispy morning air. A light drizzle has just finished pouring over your heads and people are starting to converge on the still half empty plaza, seems like you have time to make the acquaintance of your fellow protesters!


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

Rain was something that very much qualified as a nuisance, but this time it was necessary to igore it and come to this gathering anyway. Usually Aerodus would have made sure to wait until the weather improved before going out. At least it was only a minor shower.

Standing rather still and covered in a black nondescript tunic wet from rain, Aerodus mostly observes the people who have gathered in this place. His hair and the upper part of his face covered below a hood, his sharp nose stands out as the only notable feature. His mouth is a thin line, frozen in concentration as he takes in the scenery around him. It is a tactic that served many successful men in history - observe and use your findings to your advantage.

There would be hot-headed fools here, useful if kept under control. There would be tag-alongs that could be very much ignored - no convinction meant unreliablity. There would be others who approach this day just as he did - an opportunity to gather allies. He would have to search these people out and build a capable base of command with their help. No sense hoping the old cells of resisteance survived Thrune's purge, he seemed effective at what he did.

Aerodus would have to be better than his procedessors, or he would be culled just as efficiently. That he knew.
But he accepted it as an opportunity to show his prowess to his patron. After all, only those who deserve to succeed will do so eventually. And suceed he would.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Hunter 2
Izzy:
[HP 13/17] [AC 17; T 15; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3][Init +4]
Varro:
[HP 19/19] [AC 15; T 13; FF12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]

Isabella stands near the outskirts of the protest, were she could escape easily if need be. She had always been on edge in this town, but ever since Thrune seemingly took over and declared martial law, her nerves have been fried more so than usual. Especially with the bounty he’s placed on stray dogs. Four times she’s had to fight off people she’s grown up alongside for trying to take Varro away from her. People that, she may not have considered friends, but they were people she tolerated. Varro was all she had left of Sean and she was never going to let him go.

As if sensing her discomfort Varro whines softly and licks Isabella’s hand. She smiles as she forgets her pain for a moment and pets the tuft of gray fur behind his ears. Some people around her look towards her and down at the wolf-dog. Isabella shifts nervously in place, slowly reaching for her sword hilt without realizing it. The people just smiled and turned their attention back towards the protest. Some commenting on what a cute dog he was. She sighed in relief and dropped her hands.

She scanned the crowed again, trying to see if anything has changed since she last looked over the crowed. She half listened to the speakers, here more to show her support to the opposition of Thrune’s control over the city than anything else.


CN Female Half-Elf Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F 2, R 5, W 2 ( +2 vs. Enchantment, +4 vs. Charm/Compulsion, +4 vs. BP/Sonic/Language Dependent) | Init +2 | Per +6 (Low-Light Vision), BP Rounds Used: 0/11

As the rain slows and then stops completely, Meliandri pulls her hat from her head and slaps it against her leg, flicking water into the puddles near her feet. Putting it back onto her head, she adjusts it to a jaunty angle and steps out into the protest.

For a while, she listens to the speakers, but isn't particularly impressed by what she's hearing. Well, let's see. Got the family crest. Got the swanky armor. Wonder who's going to listen to me today? She glances at a serious-looking man in a hood, shoots him a wink, and starts talking, her voice quiet and low.

"Zees eez some crowd, ees eet not? Listen to zose speakers. Not zee best. I doubt zey 'ave even read up on zeir revolutionaries. 'Ow about zis, as a change of pace?"

Without waiting for a real response from her newest friend, she picks up her voice, rolling into a somewhat paraphrased speech from the early days of the Galtan revolution.

"Zere eez a time, my friends, when zee machinations of zose een power become so odious, zey make you so sick at 'eart, zat you cannot take part! You cannot even passively take part. When zat time comes, you must throw your bodies upon zee gears and zee levers, upon all of zeir machinations, and you must show zee people who run eet zat unless you are free, zee machine will be prevented from operating at all!

Now, my friends, zat time 'as come! We must show zees Barzillai Thrune zat 'is machine cannot operate 'ere! We must show 'im zat Kintargo eez a much different place zan zee rest of Cheliax! We must now throw ourselves upon zee machine, and stop eets workings! Now eez zat time!"

Her speech over, she turns back to the serious-looking man. "'Ow did you like zat? pretty good, yes? Meliandri. Charmed, I'm sure." She offers a hand to her new friend, looking over her shoulder distractedly. "Now, where did 'e go? 'e was right zere with me..."


Male Human Cavalier (Daring Champion of the Flame) 2 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | hp 11/20 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -1 | CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Challenge 1/1 | Tactician 1/1 | Loot

Wringing water out of his plain woollen cloak, Veccio glances up in surprise as the half-elven woman launches into her speech. Where did she find time to rehearse that? She truly is a marvel! He stands dumbfounded for a moment, taking in the melodious tone that seems to pierce the murmurs and mutters of Aria Park, sailing straight to his own ears.

After a moment, he coughs, stepping up beside her again and smiling nervously. "Right here as always, Meliandri. As if I could miss your lovely voice in a crowd." He tries to grin confidently, but in his rain-soaked state, he looks more like a stray dog attempting to win table scraps by virtue of looks alone. "And I must compliment you on another wonderful speech! It looks as though you're making new friends already," he adds somewhat stiffly, glancing at the hooded stranger.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

The brazen gal before him does much to pick Aerodus interest. Quite the lively one, might be good for morale and diversions.

He watches her little performance intensly, bows his hand slightly and shakes hands with her.
"Nice little speech there, Meliandri. Let's hope it inspires those assembled without making you a target."

As the weather has stayed bearable for some time already, Aerodus pulls back his hood and makes sure that it folds neatly in his neck.

"I see you already have followers. Who knows, you may crush Barzillai with numbers alone."


"I don't know about crushing our lord mayor with numbers... but I assure you she can drink him under the table easily enough... right Meliandri?

The voice belongs to a nice young woman who smiles at Veccio and Meliandri as she approaches them and Aerodus.

"There you are! I started to think you decided to skip the protest after all. Good to see you kept your word. I would have hated to stand here alone and claim all the glory of kicking Barzillai's Thrune's fat behind out of Kintargo only for myself..." she adds laughing and winking.


CN Female Half-Elf Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F 2, R 5, W 2 ( +2 vs. Enchantment, +4 vs. Charm/Compulsion, +4 vs. BP/Sonic/Language Dependent) | Init +2 | Per +6 (Low-Light Vision), BP Rounds Used: 0/11

"O', Veccio eez not a follower. 'e eez...well, a friend. And I object to you thinking zat speech was little. Zat was zee ending of Mario Savio's speech zat set off zee revolution een Oregent...with a few of my own changes, to be sure." Meliandri favors Veccio with a quick smile before turning at the sound of Lucca's voice.

"I do not drink zat much! Well, only a few times, and zey were special occasions." She wraps Lucca in a bear-hug and kisses her cheek.


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

"I spoke not to insult you. But the speech alone was not what brought the revolution. It was the people and their anger." Aerodus says with an emotionless voice, greeting the two others with a handshake as well.

"But we do not need to spill buckets of blood and degenerate into a savage state as did Galt. We need a clean solution here that restores order to the city."


Lucca reciprocates Meliandri's hug, kisses her back lightly on the cheeks and laughs:"Well? I hope things start heating up soon. Otherwise this could become the fiasco of the season and I'd hate to be part of that!"

Then she looks around, and gives a delighted giggle:"Look at that! Don't you think he's simply adorable ?!?!" she says pointing at a huge white maned dog standing a few paces on the group's left, whose features resemble a wolf. Its owner, a red haired woman, stands nest to the animal and doesn't seem to have noticed the group... yet.

we are waiting for abigail then we can get started


HP 7/13 | AC 14(+2) Tch 11 FF 13 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Her morning duties behind her, Abigail had walked confidently towards Aria Park, looking to settle scores with the new regime.

Nevertheless, there were many things missing from her steps. First was the lack of information regarding the fate of her husband and son. Days ago, they were taken away under smuggling charges, and no news of their fate had reached Abigail's ears, despite her using and abusing all her connections. It was her fault, after all. She was supposed to be with them that night, on that boat...

By Milani! Could it be that they simply threw them to the sea?!? she thinks to herself, her feet hesitating on the cobbled street, her eyes trembling as they fought warm tears back.

Second, her two twins, only children still, she had to think of. She had left them with her mother this morning, but she was too old to care for them for too long.

It is for them, for their future, that I'm doing this. They need a father, a brother, and a city of beauty to grow up with! she fooled herself, but deep down she knew, step after step, that it was for her and for her only that she was doing this. For the sweetest taste of revenge.

---------

Approaching the park, Abigail tries to look at the opera not as a sign of the overlooming power of Thrune, but as a reminder of the beauty Kintargo was, but a few days past. She scans the crowd, looking for groups that seem to have established connections. She will nedd friends, support, if she is to stand in front of Thrune's power and survive.

She sees only people, scared as her, but she hears different, and carried by the voice, she gravitates towards a small group of friendly people. Approaching them, she smiles shyly and says: "S~%$ty weather for a revolution..."


Male Human Cavalier (Daring Champion of the Flame) 2 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | hp 11/20 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -1 | CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Challenge 1/1 | Tactician 1/1 | Loot

"And if anyone is capable of arousing anger in the common folk with words and tone, it's Meliandri!" Veccio adds with a laugh, before realizing the implication of his words, blushing crimson, and furiously attempting to cover. "Well, that is to say, erm... I didn't mean it that way-" But by the time he can almost salvage his statement, Meliandri is otherwise occupied by her friend. With a sigh of relief, he resumes looking out for any sign of trouble, only to start again as someone else approaches.

"Well, the weather isn't that bad, though perhaps more suited to bad news than some rabble-rousing," he shrugs. "So what's your reason for being here?"


HP 7/13 | AC 14(+2) Tch 11 FF 13 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Perc +7

"My husband and son were taken away. I haven't heard from them since..." replies Abigail with a choked voice, not certain whether she should trust anyone with any information.

"What about you?" she asks, looking at the smaller assembly.


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

"Barzillai is a piece of filth in a festering wound." Aerodus answers with a stern face.

Shadow Lodge

Even with the cobblestones of Argent Avenue and the foliage of Aria Park still wet from the morning’s light rain, dozens of Kintargans have gathered along the facade of the opera house to protest the city’s new lord-mayor, Paracount Barzillai Thrune. The city’s new leader was appointed by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II, in the wake of
the previous lord-mayor’s sudden flight from the city— an event that still has local rumormongers whispering furiously. In a scant seven days, Paracount Thrune has instituted martial law, a curfew, and seven outlandish and polarizing proclamations. These actions and more have
called many of Kintargo’s dissatisfied citizens here on this overcast morn. There’s been no sign yet of Barzillai Thrune himself, and the opera house’s doors remain tightly closed—as they have since the man chose the landmark as his new home—but judging by the growing sound of the protesters, he surely can’t ignore the scene on the streets below much longer.

"NO MORE MARTIAL LAW! NO MORE CURFEW! NO MORE INJUSTICE! WE ARE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WE DON'T DESERVE THIS KIND OF TREATMENT!" shouts someone from the crowd, and soon other voices join in, in a sort of discordant chorus:"DOWN WITH THRUNE! WE WON'T BE RULED BY A TYRANT! FOR FREEDOM! FOR FREEDOOOOOOM!!!" and,"NO MORE INANE PROCLAMATIONS OR THRUNE IS GOING TO RUIN US ALL!"

Others seem more interessed in throwing rotten vegetables at the opera's house front while threatening bloody murder:"THRUNE! STOP HIDING AND FACE US! WE ARE GOING TO GET YOU AND MAKE YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID, YOU SON OF A SUCCUBUS!!!"

And strangely enough there's also a group of people mostly keeping to their own and voicing their approval for the new mayor and Paracount from time to time while glaring at the rest of the protesters:"ALL GLORY TO HOUSE THRUNE! DOWN WITH REBELLION! DOWN WITH CHAOS! LAW NEEDS TO BE RELENTLESS! ALL HAIL BARZILLAI THRUNE!!!" they roar.

Perception check (DC20):
You are sure you saw the silhouette of a man watching the proceedings of the protest from behind a mostly curtained window on the opera house’s third floor. You are sure it was Barzillai Thrune himslef. Seems like he's well aware of the crowds surrounding his home

Initiative check (Abigail): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Initiative check (Aerodus): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Initiative check (Isabella): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Initiative check (Meliandri): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Initiative check (Varro): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative check (Veccio): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Ok, at the moment each of you can do one of the following actions: Listen for Rumors, Pilfer, Rabble Rouse, Search for a Contact, Silence Undesirable Elements, or Watch the Crowd. Note that each check takes ONE HOUR to complete, has its own different DC and of course if successful garners you different kinds of results

Listen for Rumors:
Anyone wandering the crowd can listen for rumors and learn more about what’s going on in Kintargo’s new political landscape. The character must succeed at a DC 15 Diplomacy check to gather information or a DC 15 Perception check to overhear something of note.

Pilfer:
Criminal-minded characters can use the large gathering to line their pockets, lifting purses or goods from the street vendors by succeeding at DC 20 Sleight of Hand checks.

Rabble Rouse:
Persuasive characters may want to better organize the protest by attempting a Diplomacy or Perform check.

Search for a Contact:
Some PCs might have come to the protest in search of a mysterious contact. This requires a perception check

Silence Undesirable Element:
With five distinct factions among the protesters (Kintargo Partisans, Economic conservatives, Advocates for democracy, Anarchists, Chelish Loyalists), the message delivered is a jumbled mess. Characters can try to silence or outshout elements of the crowd they disagree with by suceeding in a bluff or intimidate check.

Watch the Crowd:
The PCs can simply choose to watch the crowd for anything unusual. A PC who does so can attempt a Perception or Sense Motive check.


CN Female Half-Elf Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F 2, R 5, W 2 ( +2 vs. Enchantment, +4 vs. Charm/Compulsion, +4 vs. BP/Sonic/Language Dependent) | Init +2 | Per +6 (Low-Light Vision), BP Rounds Used: 0/11

As the protest starts in earnest, Meliandri listens for a while before turning back to the man in the black hood and tunic. "Zere, zat eez better. Not focused enough, zough, and and zat group shouting about supporting 'im eez a problem. Can you, maybe, talk zem into shutting zeir mouths?" She points at the crowd chanting supportive slogans.

Having said her piece to the man in the black hood and tunic, Meliandri grabs Veccio's hand in one hand, Lucca's in the other, and drags them toward the front of the protest. There, she flips open her backpack and pulls out a viola and bow, each a bit battered but still quite serviceable. "Lucca, do you 'ave anything to be saying? Eef you do, I can draw some attention and per'aps quiet zee crowd so you weel be 'eard." She begins playing, letting the deeper-than-violin sounds last just long enough to draw some attention before letting the others speak if they want.

Perform (string): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

Aerodus nods and says "I was about to do something about them." then wanders off towards the loyalists, making sure to put on his royal signet ring before arriving.

"Do you realize that even staying here will make you associates with these rebels by sheer proximity alone? I am sure nobody would be so dense to disregard a well meant advice from a friend in this dark hour." he moves his hands frantically while speaking, so that bystanders can catch sight of his ring "by accident".

He proceeds to tangle the group into a discussion about current politics and makes claims about the protests futility, and that their time would be better spent doing other things, like drining tea. Of course not mint tea.

Once he is done, he lets the ring vanish into a pocket inside his vest again.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 (+1 against humans)

Shadow Lodge

No need to wait for those before you in initiative order, just post when you can. I rolled initiative order for my own nefarious purposes... also note that when in combat I will roll initiative for everyone including the enemies and then write down the order but the only real limitation will be if you go before or after your opponents, the order of posting between yourselves, barring unusual circumstances, won't matter


Female Human (Chelaxian) Hunter 2
Izzy:
[HP 13/17] [AC 17; T 15; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3][Init +4]
Varro:
[HP 19/19] [AC 15; T 13; FF12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]

Isabella stays back in the crowd as the protest begins. She even catches herself shouting "Down with Thrune" a few times, caught up in the mob mentality of the crowd. She listens to the people speak, seeing the half-elf speak her piece first and now playing music in what she feels is an attempt to calm the crowd. She had heard the loyalist shoat and saw someone walk off to speak with them. Another loyalist? Someone to shout at them for their beliefs? She didn't know. She wanted to know more of what was happening in the protest, to get a better feel on how things were going on. She carefully moved through the people, ears open to their conversations, Varro silently by her side.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


HP 7/13 | AC 14(+2) Tch 11 FF 13 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Abigail keeps close to the organized group for safety, but is thirsty for information, particularly about the fate of those arrested. She asks, from time to time, to different people: Have you heard anything about those they've arrested?!"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human Cavalier (Daring Champion of the Flame) 2 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | hp 11/20 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -1 | CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Challenge 1/1 | Tactician 1/1 | Loot

Veccio allows himself to be dragged away from thew newcomer, swept into the strange and fascinating crowd that comprises the rebellion. Emboldened by Meliandri's music, he begins shouting, roaring over the crowd.

"Thrune is leading this city on a path to ruin! These proclamations, executions, and curfews are destroying us, and I say we don't stand for it any longer! Down with Thrune, I say!@ Who's with me?!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Unfortunately, an untimely itch enters his throat, and he spends the culmination of this little rabble-rouser coughing and hacking. Any further attempts to organize the crowd fall flat

Shadow Lodge

Meliandri:
Meliandri's performance is a great success. All the protesters in her immediate vicinity stop their shouting and fist shaking listening instead to her music, while Lucca and Veccio help her organize the crowd.

Diplomacy check (Lucca): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Lucca is able to get several people to listen to her pointing at Meliandri, inflaming them against Thrune with her rethoric. Thanks to Maliandri's spectacular performace it doesn't take much to convince them

Success! Meliandri gains a +1 circumstance bonus to any charisma based checks for the next 24 hours as she's recognized for her amazing performance. Also, by rolling so high, she gains the respect and deference of most of the protesters, they will make way for her if needed (crowds count as normal terrain for Meliandri)

Aerodus:
Aerodus marches towards the nearest froup of Thrune supporters and, showing his signet he manages to say his piece. The Chelish supporters are doubtful at first and several of them look at each other murmuring between themselves:"Is that really possible? She said... Don't be absurd, Lord Thrune would never...", rapidly the Thrune loyalist start arguing among themselves, some wanting to back out of the park while others trying to assure them. "Everything is going to go according to the plan..." they say more than once, but all things considered the group loses his focus and stops acting on the behalf of Barzillai Thrune for the moment at least. This doesn't get un-noticed as several people nodd to him in approval.
Success! Aerodus is able to effectively silence the Thrune supporters. Note that I applied a -3 modifier to Aerodus check due to circumstantial reasons. The approach he choose wasn't the best one given this situation (he could not know it but that's how life is, you don't know everything) but he mitigated the damage brilliantly by showing the thrune lapdogs a symbol of authority, something they respect. As for the consequences, nothing for now, but it's possible something good will come of it in the future

Isabella:
Not really sure about what to do and not wanting to get to much attention on herself Isabella resorts to check the crowd for any sign of unusual and potentially dangerous activity. At first Izzy notes that, not surprisinly the crowd mood is agitated and discontented, something she can empathize with. But that's only the surface. As she focuses her attention she notices a young cutpurse moving stealthily among the crowd, easily taking advantage of the distracted protesters and emptying their pockets with them remaining oblivious to this. Going deeper still Izzy suddenly is stroken by a revelation: the crowd's movements and momentum don't seem natural, as if some external force is controlling them. This effect is lessened around Meliandri, but it's visible everywhere else. Something is definitely up.
If Izzy wants she can call out on the pickpocket. Doing so allows the Dottari guards to intervene and catch the thief. Then the would be victims would probably recompense Izzy for her help. Noticing the unnatural flow of the crowds gives Izzy hightened awarness of her surroundings. If anything strange happens she'll most probably be ready for it (+4 to initiative if all hell breaks loose)

Abigail:
Abigail wanders the crowds listening for rumors about her missing husband and son but no one seems to know anything about them and she isn't able to learn anything new.
Failure! Unfortunately Abigail doesn't get any information out of the crowd

Veccio:
Inspired by Meliandri's performance Veccio feels the urge to convey his feeling to the people around him, helping Meliandri and Lucca to better organize them. While his intentions are good the end result leaves a lot to be desired as he sputters and mumbles to himslef, getting red in the face and flushed and going as far having a couple of protesters ask him if he was feeling alright...
Failure! Veccio's attempt to rouse the crowd isn't up to par, but don't worry, he'll have another chance soon

Shadow Lodge

The first hour of the Aria Park rally ends pretty smoothly. Thanks to Aerodus the Chelish supporters start bickering among themselves and stop cheering for Barzillai, while Meliandri, Lucca and Veccio (to an extent...) are able to convince a large number of people to listen to them. Meanwhile Izzy scans the crowd for signs of trouble and is able to pick up several interesting if troubling hints.

At the same time the plaza starts to fill up as more and more people converge on Aria's park determined to protest against Barzillai tyranny and the takeover of their city.

For the moment Thrune forces don't seem inclined to intervene, and everything keeps proceeding as well as it can be expected, although the people near the Opera's entrance seem more unruly than the others and have started bombarding the ancient building with all sorts of rotten vegetables while chanting menacing slogans like:"DEATH TO THRUNE!", "BRING OUT THE GUILLOTINE!", "LET THE BLOOD OF TYRANTS REFRESH THE TREE OF LIBERTY!".

First hour of the protest passed without incidents. You can now resume your activity for the second hour. The actions you can take are the same as before.


HP 7/13 | AC 14(+2) Tch 11 FF 13 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Frustrated by the wasted time, Abigail turns her anger towards the Opera House. she doesn't feel comfortable with death threats though, and instead tries to rouse the crowd in chanting something as mean, but perhaps less dark and likely to keep the crowd spirit high and positive.

She gets in front of a small crowd and starts chanting, encouraging them to tag along: "WE WANT MINT! WE WANT MINT! WE WANT MINT!!!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

What he had heard from the Thrune supporters filled Aerodus with worry. what she said ... according to plan ... He didn't like the sound of this, maybe it was all an elaborate trap orchestrated to grab any unruly elements left in the city.
It all smelled fishy from the start, but better to spring an obvious trap than get surprised.

After successfully filling the ears of the loyalists with uncertainity over their presence here, he returned to the small group of very enthusiastic people he encountered before.
Catching a little pause in Meliandri's playing, he approaches her and whispers into her ear. "I think this gathering is not quite what we think. The guards do nothing even though there are death treaths spoken, and most strikingly - I got the loyalists to spew out ominous hints of a plan. We need to watch our steps."

With that, he pulls up his hood again and vanishes in the crowd, trying to catch any tidbits that might have something to do with this. He makes sure to watch the guards intensly, checking for suspicious activity or conversations they may lead with the "protestors".

Sense Motives: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

I actually forgot my +2 bonus to Diplomacy during the protest from "protesting the government"


Female Human (Chelaxian) Hunter 2
Izzy:
[HP 13/17] [AC 17; T 15; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3][Init +4]
Varro:
[HP 19/19] [AC 15; T 13; FF12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]

Isabella sees the thief and feels for a moment to take matter into her own hands. She would most likely give the cretin more leniency than the Dottari dogs, but knows such an action in a public place like this would only cause more harm to come to her. She closes her eyes tightly, lips quivering in fear, calls the Dottari's attention.

"Guards! That man is a cutpurse, He has stolen these people's money!" she shouts. She waits for the guards to close in on the thief before she attempts to melt back into the crowd, not wanting the enforcers to know her face.

Elsewhere in the crowd, the thoughts of the cutpurse still stand out in her mind. Thrune and his Dottari don't care about any of them, they only protect those with the money and power to buy it. They should protect the weak from the strong, not the strong from the weak. Inspired by those she's seen speak, she attempts to bring her own worries to those around her.

"The Dottari were created to protect us, to protect the people of Kintargo. Yet just now they couldn't protect one of us from a simple thief, the attention needed to be brought to them. They don't care about us because to them, we are weak. The Dottari were created to protect the weak from the strong, but now they only protect the strong, from the weak. They protect Thrune from us! I say no more! If we must take our safety into our own hands, so be it! DOWN WITH THRUNE!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

I hope that sounds as cool as it did in my head...


CN Female Half-Elf Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F 2, R 5, W 2 ( +2 vs. Enchantment, +4 vs. Charm/Compulsion, +4 vs. BP/Sonic/Language Dependent) | Init +2 | Per +6 (Low-Light Vision), BP Rounds Used: 0/11

Meliandri giggles at Veccio as she puts her viola away, playfully poking at his side with the bow. "Veccio, you seem to 'ave forgotten zee last part of your speech. Zee common masses seemed to be enjoying eet, until you suddenly caught a cold. Per'aps eef you wanted to be trying again, zey would still be perceptive to eet?"

She smiles at Aerodus. "Why, sir! I barely know you; eet eez quite a breach of decorum to be whispering your secrets to me. At least tell me your name first!" Her eyes shift over the dottari and loyalists as she whispers back, but between the guards' reaction to the pickpocket and the chaos amongst the loyalists, she's unable to see much of anything.

As she stands with Lucca and Veccio, Meliandri scans the crowd, looking for her noble friends and listening for the juiciest of rumors. After a few minutes, she begins sashaying through the crowd, curious to hear all she can. As she goes, she keeps an eye on Veccio and Lucca, and toward the end of the second hour, she makes her way back to them to tell what she's learned, if anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

"Aerodus is my name." he says bluntly before vanishing into the crowd to find more clues.


Male Human Cavalier (Daring Champion of the Flame) 2 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | hp 11/20 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -1 | CMD 16 | Init +4 | Perc -1 | Challenge 1/1 | Tactician 1/1 | Loot

Veccio yelps at the playful jab in his side, rubbing his throat and blushing furiously. "'M fine," he mutters with a forced smile, before piggybacking on Isabella's address of the crowd.

"Down with Thrune! Damn the Dottari! Protect the common folk, for we are many!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Abigail:
Abigail is much more successful with her attempt to rouse the ire of the crowd than she was listening to whispers. As she starts to chant, a lot of people almost immediately start chanting with her:"WE WANT MINT! WE WANT MINT! WE WANT MINT!" and suddenly the plaza is filled with the chorus. Seems like kintargans really like their mint.
Success! Abigail gains a +1 circumstance bonus to any charisma based check she attempts in the following 24 hours.

Aerodus:
Aerodus spends the next hour navigating the crowd, focusing his attention on anything that seems out of place. While this doesn't provide him with solid information he notices how on edge everyone seems to be. People are nervous and afraid and Aerodus fears it will take very little to unleash violence on their part. What would happen then, with this many people rioting in front of Thrune's lair is anyone's guess.
Success! Aerodus correctly interprets the mood of the crowd

Isabella:
Once Izzy raises the alarm there's nothing the unlucky cutpurse can do. His would be victims, made aware of his larceny, block him before he can escape and once the Dottari reach him they subdue him with merciless efficency beating him down until he bleeds. "A job well done, citizen!" says one of the Dottari to Izzy while his companions take away the unconscious thief. "It's good to see that even among this scum there are those who respect the sanctity of law! But don't worry... come the end of the day I suspect there will be a lot less lawlessness around here..." he finishes, winking at Izzy and waving away. As this friendly exchange ends Izzy finds herself face to face with one of the pickpocket victims, a middle aged woman who thanks her profusely before handing her a few gold coins.
A few other people in the crowd give Izzy dirty looks for she seems to be on the Dottari's side. This perception is quickly proven wrong when the girl starts adressing the crowd with her impassionate speech. Several of the people around her nod at her words, seemingly convinced that she really wants things to change for the better.
Success! Izzy gains a +1 circumstance bonus to any charisma based check she attempts in the following 24 hours. She also gains Reward: 1d6 ⇒ 1gp for helping capture the thief.

Meliandri:
After her successful performance Meliandri starts wandering teh crowd, chatting amiably with the other protesters and liestning to what they have to say. All in all she gathers a lot of information about why various people would oppose Barzillai Thrune, some because tehy fear the economical ruin that is sure to follow his inane proclamations, some others because they want to be able to choose their own rulers while others demand a Kintargan only government for the city, and of course there are those who are just searching for an excuse to cause mayhem. Aside from general information about the protest itself Meliandri picks up a worrysome rumor about some murders happening in the city with striking regularity:“Someone’s killing tieflings down in the Devil’s Nursery. I’ve heard that whoever’s doing it is taking trophies, but I’m not sure what kind. Sounds like the Slasher’s back... Just what we need!”
Kintargo rumors: 1d10 ⇒ 9. Success! Meliandri learned a new piece of information that could come in handy later in the adventure

Veccio:
Prompted by Meliandri's words Veccio's new attempt at capturing the crowd attention earns much better results as his efforts cause a good number of people to nod in agreement and join him chanting:"Down with Thrune!!! We are MANY!!!"
Success! Veccio gains a +1 circumstance bonus to any charisma based check he attempts in the following 24 hours.

Shadow Lodge

And so the second hour of the protest goes on, more or less without incident, only with more and more people taking part and filling the plaza almost to the bursting point.
Things keep going on as before, with the most rowdy and unruly protestations happening right at the gates of the Opera House and with the few dottari around keeping to the outskirst of the rally and avoiding confrontations with the crowd. It really seem Barzillai is willing the protestation to run its course and to let the people express their concers after all...
Your group has done an admirable job of focusing the protest thus far, your were able to convince a sizeable portion of the crowd to listen to you and they seem willing to follow your lead, but unfortunately it's still a small percentage of the whole gathering.

Third hour actions please, same options as before. It seems like things are going smoothly... will it last?


HP 7/13 | AC 14(+2) Tch 11 FF 13 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Abigail laughs as the crowd participates in the more cheerful slogan. She moves along the crowd, trying to get more and more people to join in and shout with her: "WE WANT MINT! WE WANT TEA! WE WANT MINT TEA! MINT TEA AND FREEDOM! MINT TEA AND FREEDOM FROM THRUNE!!!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25

Shadow Lodge

Abigail:
Abigail unconventional slogans cheer the crowd up and several more people join her chanting! At the end of the hour she's sure she gained the respect of the people around her!
Abigail gains another +1 to any charisma based checks she attempts in the next 24 hours for a total of +2 circumstance bonus. The respect she gained also allows her to treat crowds as normal terrain instead of difficult


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

Realizing that the protest could easily erupt into a bloodbath, Aerodus does his best to contain the most aggressive protestants. He approaches them without his hood and a gentle smile on his lips, but before he truly starts talking he first searches for the person most likely to be some kind of ringleader.
Perception/Sense Motives: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 (Don't know which fits best, but both have the same modifier)

He makes sure to stay in a crowd, but moves near enough for his influence to take shape. With a swift prayer to his lord in the deep, he lets these words sip into the person's thoughts: "Violence now will be the cause of death. Many of us would die before we can change anything."
Aerodus tries to mask his spell as well as he can, doing the incantation between shouts of "We want mint!"
Bluff: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20 (+1 vs humans)

After the thought had a few minutes to sink in, he speaks to the group of anarchists. "Look at the guards! They whiper and talk and slither around nervously. I fear they are just waiting to come upon us with sword and club. We need to tread lightly here!"
He tries his best to sound erratic and worried, without appearing like a paranoid madman.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 = 27 (+1 vs humans)

OOC:
Aerodus casts sow thought (Will DC 14 negates) once he is 30ft away from the person most likely to be in charge.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Hunter 2
Izzy:
[HP 13/17] [AC 17; T 15; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3][Init +4]
Varro:
[HP 19/19] [AC 15; T 13; FF12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]

The adrenaline of leading a chant worn off, Isabella clenches her stomach at the thought of the theif. There was no need for him to be treated as such, he simply needed to be taken into custody and not beaten to within an inch of his life. She should have known better. This is how the Dottari act with those weaker than them. His pain is her fault. If only they were not there she could have taken down the theif without the need of violence, or could she? She decides to stay put and listen to the crowd to gauge what she should do next.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Shadow Lodge

Aerodus:
As Aerodus makes his way towards the front of the protest he notices how the conditions of the street pavement are considerably worse here than in other sectors of the plasa. It seems like the anarchists congregating here have no respect for property, public or otherwise. These certainly are the most loud and violent protesters of all. Some of them are well equipped, like they came here expecting a fight, and it seems like they are frustrated that nothing has happened yet. These people, Aerodus surmises, are not here because of some grandiose ideal or out of love for their city. What moves them is only love for chaos and violence. They came here because they expected a riot, and they don't seem to have a clear leadership, they just want the similar things, it seems. As such it's very difficult for Aerodus to choose an influential target to influence with his magic and he decides not to risk it. Fortunately his personal charisma proves to be enough to sway the crowd. While a few of the anarchists dismiss him as a coward and shout after him: "So what? Let them bring it! They'll BLEED for it!" most of them seem to awaken from their stupor only to realize what they are risking and stop shouting and throwing objects, some going as far as to try to leave the rally. Thanks to Aerodus wise words by the end of the hour most anarchists fall silent and start casting worried looks around themselves
Success! Aerodus has silenced the anarchist and some people took notice. It's likely that this will bear fruit in the future, if the group manages to have one...:P

Isabella:
Torn by the remorse of having given away the pickpocket to the violent arm of the law, Isabella loses her focus and is unable to concentrate much in the next hour.
Failure! Isabella learns nothing new about the crowd


CN Female Half-Elf Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F 2, R 5, W 2 ( +2 vs. Enchantment, +4 vs. Charm/Compulsion, +4 vs. BP/Sonic/Language Dependent) | Init +2 | Per +6 (Low-Light Vision), BP Rounds Used: 0/11

With the protest now rolling along nicely, Meliandri turns her gaze toward the strange woman leading a chant about tea and mint. The ridiculousness of the chant draws a grin from the half-elf, and when the woman takes a quick break, she reaches over to discreetly tap her on the shoulder. "You know, zat chant eez very silly. May I ask, 'ow did you know eet would be so effective?" She listens for a while before grabbing the woman's arm. "Do you know, I do not believe we 'ave been introduced. I am Meliandri Chastain-Aulamaxa. Eet eez a pleasure to be meeting you. Eef you would like, you could be joining myself and some friends."

As she heads back toward Veccio and Lucca, Meliandri continues to keep her eyes and ears peeled for anything of interest. This is supposed to be the social event of the season? Other than Veccio, I haven't even seen any of the high-society types. A common protest without some sort of guidance is doomed to fail, or worse, succeed in the Galtic fashion.

Eventually, she gets back to Veccio, giving him a quick hug. "'Ow did zee second attempt fare? Better, yes? I will be keeping my eyes open; zat strange man I met earlier says zere eez something funny about zee protest."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25

Listen for Rumors. Also, I forgot my +2 from my reason to protest. Whoops.

Shadow Lodge

Meliandri:
Meliandri spends the rest of the next hour chatting with some of the protesters and aside from the usual stuff about revolutions and fighting tyranny she manages to catch something interesting about an old slaughterhouse turned stable. Apparently strange rumors can be heard coming from the place, or as Meliandri's new acquaintance puts it:"Been hearing strange noises around the old livery again. I hope Barzillai gets the government together enough to tear that old eyesore down."
Kintargo rumors:1d10 ⇒ 4. Success! Meliandri learned a new piece of information that could come in handy later in the adventure


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

Aerodus returns to the group after some time spent in defusing the most aggressive elements. He spots Meliandri talking with the person responsible for the very effective phrase "we want mint" and joins the conversation wearing his most charming smile.
"I wouldn't call it silly. It quite well strikes the central problem - Barzillai's quite ludicrous proclamations, without putting the protestors into to much risk as would do chants for his death. I applaud your ingenuity. Aerodus is the name."


HP 7/13 | AC 14(+2) Tch 11 FF 13 | CMD 15 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +5 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Abigail smiles shily at the two: "Thanks! Kintargo is about life, the arts, laughter! Not about death... I'm Abigail." and she resumes her chanting.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24

Shadow Lodge

Ok, I'm going to bot Veccio until he returns. I'll do the same with Abigail if she can't post by tomorrow evening

Veccio:
Veccio spends the next hour listening to the tales of his fellow protesters and sharing his own.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

At the end of the hour Veccio has learnt more tales than he cares for about the tyranny of Thrune but sadly nothing beyond that.

Failure! Veccio is unable to learn any useful rumor during the third hour of the protest

Shadow Lodge

Precisely 3 minutes after the third hour of the protest has ended the bells of the cathedral of Asmodeus toll. Three eerie peals announcing... something. A few moments later the windows and courtains of the Opera House main balcony are thrown open and an imposing figure reveals itself to the gathered crowd.

It's Barzillai Thrune, the man you all came here today to protest against.

Barzillai is a huge bear of a man, dressed in red, orange, and black clothing and an ornate breastplate, all emblazoned with the pentagram of Asmodeus and the cross of Cheliax.
Middle-aged, with short, dark hair and a diabolical mace cradled in his hands, the lord-mayor of Kintargo addresses the crowd with a condescending sneer. And, as he clears his throat and starts speaking the gathering, so vocal and loud until a few moments before, swiftly grows quiet:"Ah, my adoring little chickadees. I am sorry to say I have not yet adapted to your quaint, country ways, being accustomed as I am to the sophistication and learning of Egorian. Nonetheless, know I have heard your concerns, and that I appreciate your valued feedback, and I know we shall eventually find a mutual understanding in the fullness of time. I take pride in updating Kintargo’s quaint, outdated laws to the modern standards the city deserves, and strengthening its ties with the empire in these cruel times, but obviously I have approached my duties too aggressively.
“You say you chafe at the presence of nonnatives in positions of power? That authorities not of this city have no place as its leaders? That you will not be yoked by intruders?
Your lord-mayor hears you. And so it is with a heavy heart that I issue this proclamation, in response to your demands: all ships’ captains are hereafter barred from leaving their vessels and setting foot on Kintargo docks or streets, under pain of... let’s say... squassation"

DC15 Knowledge (local):
Squassation is a form of torture in which the victim’s hands are tied together and raised above the head; the victim is then hung from the hands while a weight is suspended from the feet, causing intense pain to the arms and legs.

As Barzillai finishes his speech there's a moment of utter silence as the protesters look at each other with astonishment on their faces. Then, as a spell had suddenly been shattered, the crowd explodes in a roar of indignation and fury and the protetst turns into a fully fledged riot. People start throwing everything on hand towards Barzillai's sneering figure and one of the protesters actually manages to almost hit the tyrant, as a vegetable of some kind explodes in all of its juicy putridness just a few inches away from Barzillai's face. Surprised the asmodean loses his grip on the goblet he had started to sip from after delivering the end of his speech, spilling some wine on his clothes. Suddenly enraged you can see him bark something before shutting down the curtains and disapperaing inside the Opera House once more.

DC25 perception check:
"Enough of this! Nox, run them off, arrest them, or kill them. I don’t care which!"

While this happens the riot rages all around you. And after a moment you notice how the protesters have started to turn against one another! The citizens who came here to support Thrune have armed themselves and started charging the other participants to the rally, hitting them with clubs and maces!
Worse still a group of them is moving towards you and they don't seem friendly... at all!

Initiative check (Abigail): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative check (Aerodus): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Initiative check (Isabella): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22
Initiative check (Meliandri): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Initiative check (Varro): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Initiative check (Veccio): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Initiative check (CCGT): 1d20 ⇒ 7

Bold May Post

Isabella
Aerodus
Veccio
--------------------------------------
Chelish Citizen Group Thugs
--------------------------------------
Varro
Abigail
Meliandri

Shadow Lodge

ALL the plaza is in tumult. Unless you have gained enough respect for yourselves (as Meliandri and Abigail have IIRC) you treat every square on the map as difficult terrain. The good news is that your opponents do the same

Difficult Terrain:
Difficult terrain, such as heavy undergrowth, broken ground, or steep stairs, hampers movement. Each square of difficult terrain counts as 2 squares of movement. Each diagonal move into a difficult terrain square counts as 3 squares. You can't run or charge across difficult terrain.

If you occupy squares with different kinds of terrain, you can move only as fast as the most difficult terrain you occupy will allow.

Flying and incorporeal creatures are not hampered by difficult terrain.

Move 5 Feet through Difficult Terrain: In some situations, your movement may be so hampered that you don't have sufficient speed even to move 5 feet (a single square). In such a case, you may spend a full-round action to move 5 feet (1 square) in any direction, even diagonally. Even though this looks like a 5-foot step, it's not, and thus it provokes attacks of opportunity normally.

Seeing Thrune lapdogs advance Veccio makes his way towards them and stops tight behind Isabella, the flash of steel flasing in his hands as he draws his rapier.

Veccio double moves towards the chelish thugs


Male Human LN Cleric (Separatist) 1 | HP 7/9 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | F +3, R +2, W +5 (+2 vs spells cast by Asmodeans) | Init +2 | Per +2 | Channel 5/5

While Aerodus did not go unprotected to the protest - breastplate and crossbow hidden under his wide cloak, he did leave his buckler and mace at home, only taking a dagger with him should he be forced into melee.

"So much for nonviolence." he says, pulling his cloak back to reveal a loaded crossbow. He points at the first thug he sees and releases the trigger.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19; Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Seeing that he was expecting some kind of trap, he would have loaded the crossbow during Barzillai's little speech.
Also: I'm not really sure which of the icons are the thugs.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Hunter 2
Izzy:
[HP 13/17] [AC 17; T 15; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3][Init +4]
Varro:
[HP 19/19] [AC 15; T 13; FF12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]

Does my animal companion not act on the same turn as me? I always assumed animal companions acted on the same turn as the player.

When Thrune appeared before the crowed, Isabella found herself holding her bow already, arrow resting against the relaxed string of her longbow. He looks so defenseless there. A well placed shot would end his tyranny. she thought. As others threw things up at her she realized it would be for naught, if he fell now someone would simply replace him, someone that may be worse.

When he retreated the crowd erupted into chaos and violence. Isabella's eyes widened in terror as people who were once peacefully chanting "We want mint" were now trading blows among each other. She tried to calm herself and steady her breathing. She looked through the crowed until she saw what she determined as either the cause of this or those mostly likely to do the most damage.

She quickly drew her bow and fired.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

I too don't know who the thugs are but I'm firing at the closet one. If they're within 30 feet of me i get +1 to the atk and dmg.

"Varro, Guard" Isabella orders. Varrow looks at the crowd and snarls, the hair on his shoulder standing on end, ready to attack anything that approaches Isabella.

If Varro does act on my turn he readies his action to attack anything that get within melee... god i hope he does move on my turn and someone triggers his ready cause i'm never rolling that again...

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
crit confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
bonus damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Shadow Lodge

The thugs are the new icons, the four ones on your left are the one coming at you. As for Varro my idea was you got ro roll for him but in order of initiative. Roll now if you want but his actions will be resolved after the thugs'


Female Human (Chelaxian) Hunter 2
Izzy:
[HP 13/17] [AC 17; T 15; FF 13] [Fort +4; Ref +7; Will +3][Init +4]
Varro:
[HP 19/19] [AC 15; T 13; FF12] [Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +2]

Well in that case Varro will move and attack anything that gets adjacent to Isabella. Otherwise he'll ready action to attack anyone that gets adjacent to her.

Shadow Lodge

DC10 Knowledge (local) check:
The Chelish citizens' group is an a faction of kintargan people actively supporting the appointment of Barzillai Thrune as Lord Mayor and welcoming the domination of House Thrune over the city.
They have been very vocal in advocating the righteousness of Barzillai's rule but until now they had never gone as far as taking up arms in his favor. Seems like things have changed and the Chelish citizens' group has revealed itself to be just another tool of Barzillai's oppression.

The thugs make their way through the crows swinging their maces widely and hitting whoever is unfortunate enough to find himself on their path. Unfortunately this puts them right in front of you. As they approach they grin sadistically:"We noticed you had a lot to say during this farce, rebels. Why, so silent now? Has an hell-hound got your tongue?" and so saying, they raise their weapons to strike at Isabella and Varro, the first of your group on their course, clearly expecting them to easily fall down... and are met with Izzy and Aerodus' projectiles hitting them fair nad square. A brief moment of uncertainty flashes in their eyes before their rage overcomes it and they attack!

2 thugs attack Isabella while the other attacks Varro. The forth one is hampered by the crowd and can't reach anyone this round. Red and yellow wounded (-2 and -4 hp), sorry for not having differentiated them before, my mistake

Thug (red) Attack vs Izzy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 -> Thug (red) Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Thug (yellow) Attack vs Izzy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 -> Thug (yellow) Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Thug (green) Attack vs Varro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 -> Thug (green) Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Thug (green) confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 -> Thug (green) Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Both the thugs attacking Isabella fail to hit her while the one swinging on Varro manages to crush his mace down on the wolf's skull ,hard. The beast does not fall or back away though, instead it lunges at his attacker, savaging his legg with brutal abandon. The thug shrieks and thrashes as he falls down, clearly terrified and unable to fight back anymore. Once he's made sure the thug won't be able to threaten his owner and friend anymore Varro finally succumbs to his wounds and crouches to the ground whining piteously.

Bold May Post

Isabella
Aerodus
Veccio
--------------------------------------
Chelish Citizen Group Thugs
--------------------------------------
Varro
Abigail
Meliandri

Combat:
Thug (red) -2hp
Thug (yellow) -4hp
Thug (green) -10hp disabled -> staggered

Varro -13hp disabled -> staggered -> dying -1

Izzy, please roll for Varro's stabilize check


CN Female Half-Elf Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F 2, R 5, W 2 ( +2 vs. Enchantment, +4 vs. Charm/Compulsion, +4 vs. BP/Sonic/Language Dependent) | Init +2 | Per +6 (Low-Light Vision), BP Rounds Used: 0/11

@GM Elan Morin: Shouldn't you bot Veccio? He did say he'd be gone for the weekend.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Meliandri is momentarily overwhelmed by the sudden burst of violence, and she can only watch in horror as two of the thugs rush forward, only to take arrows before even entering the fray. She screams a half-hearted scream. "Stop! Zere eez no need for violence! We can-" But is quickly cut off as the strange dog takes a horrible, crushing blow before shredding his attacker's leg.

Finally pulling herself together enough to act, she begans shouting, struggling to pitch her voice high enough to be heard over the din and infusing it with just enough of her magic. "BROZERS! SISTERS! TODAY WE SEE ZEE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF OUR CAUSE! FIGHT ZEE OPPRESSORS! FIGHT!" With the magic running through her words, she moves toward the nearest fray, moving quickly and, for the first time all day, with little thought for appearances. As she moves, she looks over her shoulder and sees Lucca fleeing. Thanks to Desna for small favors...

Standard action to start Bard Song: Inspire Courage. Allies get +1 competence to attack/damage and +1 moral vs. fear. Move action to get closer to the fighting.

Shadow Lodge

Meliandri:
I did, he moved towards Izzy. Due to all the terrain around you counting as difficult (you are fighting inside a riot, basically) he only moved 3 spaces forward, had I double moved him he would have ended near Izzy and in harms way without being able to attack himself. Since I was botting him I preferred not to risk him getting hurt. Btw I was expecting Izzy to move back and shoot as I had forgotten an hunter doesn't have BAB +1 at lvl 1

1 to 50 of 2,659 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [DM Elanmorin] Hell's Reberls PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.