Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

DM DoctorEvil's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Part 1- Edge of Anarchy

All the World's Meat map

Map of Korvosa

Loot Tracker


801 to 850 of 936 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Devan and Twilight

After a brief stop back at the Juggler to change clothes (again...)Twilight tries to take on a persona she has done before, the down and out citizen. Beside her, Devan, drawn and sickly from the disease recently cured, doesn't have to disguise too much to take that appearance.

Moving the few blocks to the butcher's shop, the pair turn the corner and head up the street in plain sight, trusting to their disguises and their wits.

As they approach the same guard is out front, continuing to watch the crowd in the street. He whistles tunelessly while he waits, the working obviously boring, but as though he were a trained soldier, he stays alert, missing very little. There appears to be a short queue of people lined up outside the shop, waiting for their turn inside

It's not long before his eyes alight on our heroes making their way along Stirge Street. When it appears you are headed for the butcher's instead of past, the man lets out a wolf-whistle. "Gods be good, but I reckon there's a fine beauty under all that dirt, ain't there. If it's meat yer lookin' for luv, I got all ye'll ever need right here." he makes the appropriate rude gesture laughing all way, his eyes daring the peasant girl's escort to challenge him.

A few in the queue of commoners turn to look at the scene, eyes wide in alarm.

GM Screen:

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13


I will have to post the other groups story later on, as I am headed to RL Kingmaker game. Starting third book...


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 7/17 | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 2/3, Touch of Good 5/5, +1Dodge to AC, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Mirela looks at her two companions.

I ain't much for sneaking. Maybe I 'ang around the corner ready to cause a major distraction if one of you yells "Fire?"

Unless.... If someone can find that cat the Witch kept and we let it loose near the place, then we could wander around back under the cover of looking for the lost cat...


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan looked for any sign that the guard recognized him from earlier, becoming pleased when the man turns the same mild interest to the pair as he has the other folks in the short line. The former street rat assessed the man's posture and bearing, the dangerous glint in his eye, and decided this man definitely could be a deserter from the Guard. He wondered how many there were...trained fighters were a different situation than thugs.

Devan was both amused and angered at the guard's rude behavior, but knows Twilight can handle herself with such advances. Of more concern was the potential failure of her disguise. Still, best to just press on, now. Keeping his eyes on the ground, he avoided eye contact with the brute, speaking softly. "Please, sir, we ain't had a bite to eat in a couple o' days, we ain't. We don't want no trouble wif you good gents."

Keeping his head low, the musician glanced ahead of them and into the shop, gauging the wealth of the clientele and the quality of the offering spread out before them. Inside the shop he looked for anyone who matched Vancaskerkin.:


Mirela, Nargun, Atticus

Waiting a reasonable time for the disguised pair to get to the market, the trio of intrepid spies heads into Stirge Street, looking for any other entrances to the butcher's shop.

As they approach, a little-used alley branches off to the west of All the World's Meat. The track is little more than a small path between that building and the once next to it, a leaning brick tenement, that appears to be abandoned. The track winds along the palisade fence on the west side of the shop, continuing to the south. Along the alleyway, a set of wooden gates stands, shut tight.

Darting into the alley while the soldier at the front of the store's eyes are on Twilight, the group's senses are immediately assaulted by the smell of manure, mud, and animal. Most of the west side of the enclosure is un-roofed and open to the air, beyond the fence, but the southern-most part appears to be an out-building or shed of some kind. The area seems to be some kind of holding pen for animals waiting to be slaughtered in the shop. The gates are likely the loading/unloading dock. There does not appear to a guard of any kind stationed in the alley.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

That could be our way in, if you don't fear to get a little dirty...

Nargun gets a look Inside the pen, looking what kind of animals it holds


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) True strike. | Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: Mage hand, prestidigitation, acid splash. 1: Mage armour, Magic weapon, (S) Colour spray. | Subtle misdirection 6/6. Bonded item 1/1.

At the guard's attention Twilight takes Devan's arm and shrinks away from the guard.

"Well, if that is the kind of greeting these deserters are giving the people, then it seems much less likely the deserter's intentions are altruistic anyway. That's something good to know, but still, why would they desert to become butchers?"


Twilight and Devan

As Twilight shies away from the attention of the guardsman, and Devan shows no sign of defending her, only trying to placate the man, he laughs.

"A spineless fish, eh? Well, too bad! I was hoping for some action instead of this blasted standin' around. Maybe the pretty girl will come back 'round and show us a good time, eh? What if old Baldrago got you to the front of the line, missy? Made sure you had a good cut, and not the leavings? Would you take a tumble then? Leave this fish behind and make time with a real man, eh?"

The man is tall with a bushy unibrow, and he shouts at the others in the line. "Make way skels. Baldrago is putting this lady at the front. That's right step aside and let her go first. I don't care if you eat 'r not, but the sergeant says 'Feed the people'. Now make way!" He motions for peasant Twilight to move to the front, glaring at the rest of the down-trodden folks who mutter and cast ugly looks at her, but do as their told. When Devan tries to cut the line with Twilight, Baldrago grabs him by the collar and shoves him back into the street. "Not you, chappie. You can wait at the back, or jump in the Jeggare for all I care."

A breathless voice calls from inside the shop. "Trouble Baldrago? We don't need a food riot now. Keep the order out there or shout if you need a hand."

Now at the head of the line, just outside the door, Twilight can see into the front room of the shop, where a long counter runs across more than half the rooms width. Behind the counter a door stands ajar. A marble top table stands in front of the grimy window, where flies buzz over the few remaining cuts of meat. A low bench lines the east wall. Behind the long counter, another man, this one rotund and red-faced, wheezes. He is also dressed in simple clothes covering a suit of ill-fitting chainmail, his round form a little more than the mail can cover. "Next?" he calls his eyes alighting on Twilight in the doorway.

Updated the map to show the front room. Twilight may make a Perception check to see what lies beyond the open door behind the counter. She may need a Bluff check or other distraction to do so without anyone noticing her peering back there.


Nargun Firehelm wrote:

That could be our way in, if you don't fear to get a little dirty...

Nargun gets a look Inside the pen, looking what kind of animals it holds

How? Do you climb the fence (about 8 feet high) or open the gate? There may be holes in between the upright palisades, but not that give very much vision.


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan allowed himself to be yanked into the back of the line, throwing Twilight a subtle wink to encourage her to just go with it. The bard listened intently as the nameless voice called from inside, warning against a possible riot. As the Calistrian was moved to the front, the musician waited until after she was deposited and 'Baldrago' was just starting back before he stepped out of line and shook his fist at the possible deserter. "I heard you lot was doin' good out here, least that's what they be sayin' bout the sergeant. You just seem like more of da same, strongmen usin' what little you have to take what you want, just like our Queen."

The bard stalked forward a step, not keen on receiving the ass-whipping he was flirting with but wanting to create a decent distraction since Twilight was in a position to peer inside the place. He looked at the others in line, gauging their reaction as he waited for the guard to come 'sort' things out.


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 7/17 | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 2/3, Touch of Good 5/5, +1Dodge to AC, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Mirela whispers.
Professor, I'll boost you up so you can look over the top.
Then she braces herself and holds out her hands so she can boost the professor so he can reach the top of the wall and look over.


Mirela, Nargun, and Atticus

Hidden away in the alley, the dwarf and priestess boost up the professor so he can take a look over the wooden fence to the animal pen beyond.

The smell of manure is stronger as the breeze blows the aroma over the fence and Atticus retches for a moment before regaining his composure. The pen is a large unroofed area with doors leading into the main building on the eastern edge and a pair of doors leading to the shed on the south.

Three scrawny cows munch the brittle grass that grows in this area, which is full of droppings and mud. The animals don't look particularly robust or healthy.

No enemies are visible from the yard.


Devan and Twilight

As Devan acts up, a wry smile curls on the face of Baldrago. "Oh so now the little fish has a spine eh? Well, we'll just see about that." He cracks his knuckles and chests up with Devan. "You'll want to be gettin' back in line, boyo! There's more to life than girl, I'm warnin' you. Shut yer mouth and step back into line or face t'consequences!" His left fist balls and his right hand drops to the longsword at his belt as part of the clear warning.

Devan quickly scans the crowd to see if he has any assistance there, but the downtrodden and destitute of the city aren't throwing away a ready source of food for a political debate. Most keep their eyes downcast or look the other way as the violent man threatens one of their own.

GM Screen:

Devan SM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) True strike. | Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: Mage hand, prestidigitation, acid splash. 1: Mage armour, Magic weapon, (S) Colour spray. | Subtle misdirection 6/6. Bonded item 1/1.

Twilight approaches the counter with some trepidation. "Hello, I don't have much but I'll take whatever three silver crowns will get me"

Twilight fishes some silver coins out of her pocket. At the sound of commotion outside, she looks towards the door and asks "What's that?" drawing the man's attention to whatever is going on outside. When he is suitably distracted, she takes a look in the back room.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
bluff (with assist?): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

So, what do you see up there?


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

Making a sign to lower him down Atticus reports his findings.
I would say that the way is clear. Well, no let´s say there is no enemy in sight. The way is muddy and well filthy!"


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Seeing that the others in line were too cowed to offer any resistance of their own, Devan dropped his head and quickly stepped back into line before the man decided to take a more violent approach with the much smaller musician. He hoped that Twilight had had enough time to get a good look inside. Then again, sticking a pointy blade into Baldrago didn't seem like such a bad idea, either. Win-win, really.

The musician does keep a sharp eye out on the entrance of the meat shop, though, in case anyone comes from inside to investigate. Knowing how many of the deserters there were would be handy later on.


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 7/17 | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 2/3, Touch of Good 5/5, +1Dodge to AC, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Mirela watches carefully for any sign of someone approaching or looking at them as she whispers:In that case, do we want to wait for the others or try sneaking in?

Perception for any sign people noticed us: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Mirela, Nargun, and Atticus

After setting the professor back down on his own two feet, Mirela looks about to see if they have been spotted. The alleyway is empty, the tenement next door appears to be empty, and the guard out front cannot have seen you from this side of the building. It appears to you that you are still not spotted.


Devan and Twilight

Devan's act of defiance fails to stir up emotion in the masses who just look hungry and downtrodden, so he falls back into line before Baldrago loses his temper and things get ugly. "That's a good fish," says the big man grinning. "Step back inta line with the rest of the school. You'll do just what Baldrago says. An' if you're all good little fish, the sergeant'll makes sure you've somethin' to eat."

Stepping back to the door, he calls inside. "Oy! Malder! Where's my little lovely! Don't be keepin' her all to yesslf now. I saw 'er first! Har!"

The swarthy man inside, Malder apparently, is distracted when Twilight points out the fracas on the stoop. When he is, she turns and looks inside the back room of the shop, but Malder recovers quickly and her peek is only momentary. She sees one figure working in the back, but can't make out much about him, or what he is up to.

When Malder turns back around and sees Twilight's silver crowns, he puts his hands up, waving the money away. "No, no missy!" he says. "The sergeant says we're to GIVE the meat away. 'Keep the people fed', he says. So you put those coins away before on of these riff-raff sees them." He starts wrapping some raw meat up into a parcel of paper, tying it with string. "Since Baldrago seems sweet on you, I gave you some of the good stuff, not the...other. It's the last of it, so you be careful. Those others'd tear your arms off to get some real fresh meat, especially if this unrest keeps on. And watch out for Baldrago, too. He's a right mean one, he is." The large man gives her a warm smile and pats her hand, handing her the package.


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) True strike. | Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: Mage hand, prestidigitation, acid splash. 1: Mage armour, Magic weapon, (S) Colour spray. | Subtle misdirection 6/6. Bonded item 1/1.

"Free?"

Twilight looks at Malder with a look of surprise and a glimmer of hope as she gives him a warm smile. "Thank you sir, and your sergeant too. You are saints helping us out in these hard times. Its a shame that good deeds need the help of rough men," she motions to the door " but such are the times I guess. You can't know how much this means to me, thank you again."

With that Twilight takes her leave.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

Nargun looks at the wooden fence

I guess I could crack a few planks easily..


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan's face darkened in irritation at Baldrago's taunts, but he remains in line, keeping his head angled down so the larger man can't see the defiant expression in place. As the man called inside, the musician had another name to set in his memory. Malder. So that made two besides the 'sergeant'. He wondered how many more wayward guards had made it to this butchery.

Seeing Twilight walk out of All The World's Meat with butcher's paper in hand, the bard raised his head and arched an eyebrow interrogatively, casting his eyes inside then back to her. "Hey there, love...did ya get enough for us both, or should I wait to get my share, as well?"


Twilight and Devan

Malder gives Twilight an appreciative nod as she heads back into the street. There, the rest of the tired and poor waiting in line give her such baleful stares that she has to look away.

Baldrago picks right back up where he left off. "There's my girl! What say you, love? Didn't Baldrago get you the goods. What say you wait around until my leave comes. You'll see how a real man can take care of you, not like this spineless lout here." He motions to Devan dismissively.

When it appears Twilight is just going to walk away with her package, he cries after her. "C'mon love! What about just a little kiss at least? I got you preferred treatment! Baldrago deserves at least that!"

Then after its clear that doesn't work, he turns a little more angry, shouting after the pair."Oh, ok then! Just waltz off! I best not see you or that mongrel man of yours round this place again, or there'll be trouble. Matter of fact, you better hope I don't even see you in the neighborhood. My crew and I will make you pay, we will!"


Atticus, Nargun, and Mirela

As you are considering bashing down the wooden fence, you hear shouting from the street front. Can't quite make out the words, but its obvious a man is shouting in anger.

You can try to batter down the fence, just need dmg roll. Just want to be clear, there is a gate right near you as well.


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) True strike. | Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: Mage hand, prestidigitation, acid splash. 1: Mage armour, Magic weapon, (S) Colour spray. | Subtle misdirection 6/6. Bonded item 1/1.

Twilight turns to Baldrago and whispers to him in a hushed voice "Baldrago, shhhh, its not like that at all. Just not in front of my husband, right? I'll be back tomorrow without him, and then we can take care of repaying favours, right? I'll see you tomorrow, just... lets not make a scene right now, OK?"

With her back turned to Devan, she gives Baldrago a quick little smile before turning back around and saying "Its OK honey, we should be going now." and she hurries to Devan, takes his arm and hastily leaves to meet up with the others.


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 7/17 | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 2/3, Touch of Good 5/5, +1Dodge to AC, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Don't Bash. The professor seems 'andy with 'is picks.


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan cast another meek glance Baldrago's way before he nodded to Twilight, his head bowed in feigned submission and humiliation as he allowed the Calistrian to take his arm and lead him away. With eyes still downcast as they walked the musician said, "Can't say I'm a violent man, but if I get the chance to tickle his ribs with a blade I won't be terribly disappointed. How'd you fare with the butcher inside?"

After a suitable distance the bard drops the act, regaining a bit of swagger to his step and raising his head to a level position. He keeps the arm extended to his side, though, clearly enjoying the attention based on the grin he shoots at Twilight. "Where was we supposed to meet up again?"


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

Pointing to the gate and nodding Atticus quickly moves over and tries to pick the lock.
DD with Inspiration: 1d20 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (10) + (2) + 11 = 23


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

Nargun chuckles at his own stupidity

Would you believe that? I'm so accustomed to use violence as the only solution I never even saw that gate.


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 7/17 | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 2/3, Touch of Good 5/5, +1Dodge to AC, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

As she waits for Atticus to open the gate Mirela whispers back:
A good lesson for us all: Just because we ‘ave a ‘ammer not everything is a nail.


Putting his ponderous brain to work, Atticus thinks of all the lock mechanisms he has seen like this. Once he has a firm mental picture, he breaks out his new well-crafted lockpicks. After that it is just small matter and the gate's lock is broken, opening with a satisfying snap.


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

With a small smirk Atticus opens the door and leads the others toward their goal.


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) True strike. | Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: Mage hand, prestidigitation, acid splash. 1: Mage armour, Magic weapon, (S) Colour spray. | Subtle misdirection 6/6. Bonded item 1/1.

Once they are out of sight Twilight finds a convenient window and fusses with her hair some more "The man at the counter's name is Malder, he is wearing chain armour and has a sword. He seems like a nice guy, not at all like Baldrago out front. There is at least one more person in the back room though I wasn't able to get a good look at them.

There are a couple odd things, for starters they are giving away the meat for free. How is he paying for his supply? Is he getting funding from someone or does he have a bunch of favours that he is calling in to keep the shop stocked? Is he doing this out of the kindness of his heart or does he have some ulterior motive?

The other thing is that Malder said something odd, about giving me the last of "the good stuff" and not "the other", I don't know if he meant the stuff that had gone off in the window or if they are doing something odd like collecting strays from the city. There is probably nothing unusual about this pack of meat he gave me, but I'll let Mirela have a look at it anyway. She likely has a better sense for its quality and maybe source.

I have to say though, aside from the doorman I can't say I'm eager to break up this little operation. As long as the meat is good I don't really care why they are giving it away, if people are being helped. If this is why the sergeant deserted then I'm OK with that."

She turns and gives Devan a little shrug.

"We might want to think about trying to contact the sergeant and seeing if we can come up with some kind of plan to placate Kroft and keep things going here at the same time. We'll have to discuss it with the others. I thought we were just going to meet back down the street where we came up with our plans"


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 7/17 | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 2/3, Touch of Good 5/5, +1Dodge to AC, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Mirela holds up a hand before Atticus goes in
Recon only right?


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan absorbed the info Twilight had gathered from her brief time in the butcher's shop, his head cocked slightly to the side. His brow furrowed in confusion as she mentioned that the people were giving away the meat for free, and even further about the difference between the 'good' and 'other' stuff.

The musician's expression was neutral as Twilight offered her opinion of the operation and her stance on it. The bard didn't know what to think...on the surface it seemed like a very generous set up, but it seemed suspect that guards who had deserted had decided to become generous food distributors.

"So at least three inside...did the third person look like our wayward sergeant? As for the funding, if he has men like Baldrago working for him they might just be taking the meat through might of arms. I can't imagine men would desert and risk hanging to be generous with food offerings...but maybe I'm just not that selfless. You said the Malder fellow was agreeable, so maybe Baldrago was an exception." The young man shrugged his thin shoulders.

"Maybe he just meant like a choice cut like you'd get at a fancy restaurant versus what a common person would have on their plate at supper time. Having Mirela check it out couldn't hurt..."

The musician thought for a moment, looking at the ground, then raised his dark eyes to the Calistrian. "We better be careful if we're gonna try to play both sides. Let's see what the others have found out. I believe you're correct." Devan continued down the street to where they had initially planned the excursion, hoping the others' short trip had also been fruitful.


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

Atticus looks left and right and nods.
"Recon only."


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 7/17 | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 2/3, Touch of Good 5/5, +1Dodge to AC, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Mirela sets up right behind Atticus, draws her bow and knocks an arrow ready to shoot if anything threatens him when he slips inside.

Ready to shoot if anything moves to attack Atticus + Point blank: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12 - Cover if needed
Damage+ Point Blank: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

Call if you need some help. My axe is ready.

says Nargun, simply, keeping his eyes and ears open

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

Moving carefully forward Atticus tries to be as silent as possible.
As Latrius, the younger said. Silence comes with patience.
Take 10 for 10 Stealth


As Nargun and Mirela stand overwatch, Atticus slip inside the recently unlocked gate. The doors open into a roofed shed area where a wagon stands unmanned. The shed has a pair of double door which apparently open to the yard where a few beasts eke out their last meager days. There is another set of double doors to the east, which apparently leads into the building proper.

There are no foes here, and nothing responds as Atticus creeps around inside the shed.


Devan and Twilight

A little surprised to be the first group back to teh rendezvous point, Devan and Twilight stand at the end of the street waiting for the others to arrive. They discuss the limited intelligence gained from their reconnaissance, and what the next step of the plan might be.


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) True strike. | Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: Mage hand, prestidigitation, acid splash. 1: Mage armour, Magic weapon, (S) Colour spray. | Subtle misdirection 6/6. Bonded item 1/1.

Twilight finds a convenient step to sit on. "Care for a game of Fox and Geese while we wait?"

if Devan accepts:
Twilight takes out the rolled up game and lays it out on the step next to her.

if Devan declines:
Twilight takes out a small copy of The Book of Joy and thumbs through it.

"Where did you learn your instrument? Are you self taught or did you have formal training?"


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan looked about in concern as the pair returned to their agreed-upon rendezvous point to find the other three still missing. His brow furrowed, but there was naught to be done but wait and hope everything was ok. As the Calistrian offered a game the musician shrugged and sat down on the steps near her, casting surreptitious glances at Twilight as she set the game up. He supposed it wouldn't be torture waiting with her.

At the woman's question the bard smiled. "My mother taught me at first. This is actually her lute, passed down through many generations." Devan pulled the instrument out and offered it to Twilight, the instrument looking well-worn but lovingly cared for.

"She was as skilled as a person could be until...age caught up with her, as it does us all at some point." The musician stared wistfully at his lute for a moment before returning his gaze to the Calistrian.

"And why were you kicked out of the Academae, if I might ask? You seem capable enough." A slender dark brow arched up in curiosity as they began to play the game.


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 7/17 | AC:18 | T:14 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 2/3, Touch of Good 5/5, +1Dodge to AC, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Mirela keeps watch over the professor but when she sees no threats she glances around checking to make sure nobody is creeping up behind them. As she glances around she looks to see if there are any windows in the brick teniments she is standing next to that have a view of the butcher shop.

Maybe I should ‘ide up there and watch for who goes in if we don’t be finding anything ‘ere.


There may be a vantage point in the leaning tenement that has a view of the yard of the butcher's shop, but it doesn't appear it will provide any better view than her current position does. Besides, little appears to be happening outside the place. Unless they simply want to recon, the group will likely have to go inside to ferret out what's happening in the shop.


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

Atticus returns to Mirela and Nargun and reports that everything is clear.
"I am not good at sneaking and going in alone is not clever. So either we go all, or none."


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

We should chek with our lovely couple. Getting Inside the shop from the back seems easier.


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) True strike. | Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: Mage hand, prestidigitation, acid splash. 1: Mage armour, Magic weapon, (S) Colour spray. | Subtle misdirection 6/6. Bonded item 1/1.

Twilight admired the lute. "Its a beautiful instrument. If only it could talk, imagine the stories it could tell. But then again..." Twilight hands the lute back "...in the right hands, maybe it can. An instrument like this must have plenty of stories passed along with it. Maybe later you an share a few?"

Twilight takes her next move. Devan's question about the Acadamae casting her mind back to Wynnin's dreadful attempts at serenading her one evening after a little too much wine.

"After Winnin's murder my thoughts were no longer on the studies I was assigned to. My assessments started to slip and I became more rebellious, ignoring or arguing with my instructors. I started doing research into areas I wasn't authorized to, mostly necromancy. It wasn't that necromancy was banned, but I wasn't enrolled in that faculty so my repeated intrusions were not well received by the head of the Hall of Whispers. Then one evening I used my illusions magic to get me into a part of the library restricted to senior necromancers and that was the last straw and I was expelled."


As Twilight and Devan play the game, and share history, it isn't long before the trio of scouts returns to the meeting spot with a tale to share. As the findings of each group are related, they begin to formulate a plan of how to proceed.

I'll assume you have been following along with each group, but if not, you can go back and re-read what each has seen of the butcher shop and its inhabitants so far. How do you wish to proceed now?

801 to 850 of 936 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne by DM DoctorEvil - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.