Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM DoctorEvil's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Part 1- Edge of Anarchy

All the World's Meat map

Map of Korvosa

Loot Tracker


601 to 650 of 816 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

Atticus joins the others a bit drowsy but quite happy with a smile on his face. After taking a mug of steaming hot tea he learns what has happened in his hometown and he can only shake his heads.
"This will be turbulent times ahead, for sure. Devan has offered an important question. And what shall we do with the queens trinket. It might cause some mild interest!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) true strike. Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: none yet. 1: none yet. Subtle misdirection 0/6. Bonded item 0/1.

Twilight awoke with a smile as the sun streamed in. She felt good.
All this time she was so focused on one thing that she had shut out everything else, and today it was like she was seeing the world around her with new eyes.
She spent a few moments looking out the window just watching the city knowing that however small a mercy it was, there was one less horror in it today.

She took in a deep breath of the spring air, tinged with smoke as it was. The past was finally put to rest and now it was time to look forward.

Twilight reverently took her holy symbol and held it out before her. Today she was not performing the usual prayers. The events with Lamm had satisfied multiple goals for her all bundled into a single act. It was because the revenge was of such a personal nature that it held particular importance. Dedicating the act and performing the ritual anointing of the holy symbol gave it a special significance, priming it to receive Calistria's divine favour.

She spoke the prayers she had researched during her studies. Some were older prayers while others she had carefully reworded to better reflect more modern practices in pursuit of Calistria's ideals. As she spoke each prayer she put a little of the divine energy Calistria granted her into the symbol. Coming for her the divine energy was mingled with her own soul granting it a personal connection. At the culmination of the ritual Twilight was rewarded.

In that brief instant she felt Calistria's favour more intensely than she ever had before. She gasped and stumbled to the floor under the intensity of the experience and whispered a final prayer of gratitude before taking a couple of moments to recover. When she was able she examined her holy symbol once more. Outwardly there was no change, but she could feel the tiny spark of power nestled deep inside it now, tied to her own soul. It was just raw power at the moment, it still needed structure to be useful for anything and it would take a long time before she was finally able to work out the best way to focus it but she knew exactly how to begin the process. Wizards had been doing it with arcane energy for thousands of years. She just needed her Acadamae books and enough time to adapt the process and she was certain she could replicate the final effect.

As she got dressed Twilight commiserated that these simple peasant clothes she had used the night before didn't seem to fit her mood at the moment. Yet another reason to head back to the Yellow Juggler. She joined the others in the dining room, smiling brightly as she joined them.

"Good morning everyone!" She took a seat at the table and ate the hearty breakfast that had been laid out. She listened to their host talk about the situation at the castle and participated in some small talk with them. She paid particular attention to her companions as they went about the morning routines. The church had taught her the importance of getting to know those around you and had taught her the skills to do so, but her focus had been on other matters and she had never really practiced those skills until now.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

She wasn't able to glean any new insight about her companions beyond what would be obvious to anyone else paying attention. It was expected given her lack of experience but would be a skill she would need to practice.

"If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion. I propose that we head to a cemetery to make appropriate arrangements for the departed, then proceed to the Yellow Juggler where I have a little business to attend to. While I am in dispose, you could take the time to do a proper assessment of our gains. From there, the castle is not too much further, we can return the brooch. I understand there is a reward for it and I believe that our new queen's favour is worth more than whatever extra gold we may be able to get if we pawn it."


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan greets the Calistrian with a warm smile at breakfast, responding with a quiet, "Morning...". In the harsher light of mid-morning, he realized she looked less like Joline than he had thought, but still was easy to look at.

As the Professor and Twilight make their suggestions, Devan tries to hide his frustration at the lack of an endgame for the disposition of the children. "All that sounds great, Twilight. Especially the return the brooch for a reward and earn the gratitude of our new Queen part. But what are we going to do with the children, everybody? Let's get rid of...I mean, let's get them looked after first before we do anything else."

As the others finish up their meal, the bard takes out his instrument and starts tuning it, twisting the knobs on the end of the lute ever so slightly until it is making pleasant sounds to his practiced ear. It hadn't needed much work, but that was the point of tuning it frequently.


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Twilght's eyes glimmered with a hint of mischief.
"Oh come now Devan. At least let the kids have this chance to visit the castle before we send them off to be moulded into model citizens under the stern gaze of Sarenrae. Maybe they'll be able to catch a glimpse of the queen herself! Wouldn't that be a story to remember?"

She didn't know why she felt like teasing the bard who seemed to fervently wish to be done with the kids. She agreed that the kids needed somewhere to go now that they were free and as much as she wasn't thrilled about the party's choice, she knew that the kids would be well taken care of.

Maybe now that the past was taken care of she was looking to move forward in more ways than one?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 15/17 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 3/3, Touch of Good 5/5, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Mirela wakes up feeling refreshment like she had not felt since she settled on this course of action. For at last that painful chapter in her life is truely closed. No longer would Lamm's face haunt her dreams. Instead the face of a weak old man reduced to doing nothing except spudder at her would take it's place. But it was more then that... The fact that she had helped to reunite a family had much to do with it, but the joy of a successful hunt was also mixed in. Whatever the case, Lord Erastil would be well pleased.

But her work here was not done. in the middle of a night filled with of chaos, the Gods the had gifted her with two more chances to help families in the city come together in joy and celebration and she was not about to let that chance pass. So even though she did not normally do so, she rose early and performed a formal morning prayer of thanks to old Deadeye who protects communities even in the heart of the urban jungle.
In doing so she asked for his blessing an included some specific prayers for help in her forthcomming tasks.
Change spells: 0 - drop Light, get Create Water, 1st - Drop Abundant Ammunition, add Shield of Faith, and fill empty slot with Sacuary to make sure the children are safe.

Then she heads out of her room in the direction she guesses the kitchen is located. Once there she asks the house servants for a rag, washbasin and some soap.

When the children wake up the find a freahly washed Mirela sitting outside their door with pitcher and washbasin ready for them. As they open the door she looks up: Today do be the first day in a bright new chapter of your life. It's time to start fresh, free from the old pains and fears. As an outward symbol of that, I suggest you wash the grime of your old life off and then when you are ready we can start your day by filling your bellies.

If they agree, she mutters a small prayer and fills the pitcher with clear clean water. Then she waits for each of them to wash, and heads downstairs to breakfast following her neatly washed charges.

She arrives just as the conversation turns to visiting the queen.
With the violance in the city all focused around the queen, taking the children anywhere near the castle is a bad idea. The last thing we need is some crazy person 'ating on the children because they went to see 'er magesty.
No, I find it strange to say, but I agree with the musician. The sooner the children are safe with the followers of the Dawnflower or with their family the better off they are.

She turns to the children.
Which Reminds me,Kessler and Kara: what are your full names? Do you remember anything about your parents that might 'elp us get you back to your families?


The orphans dutifully submit to the washing routine, accustomed to being ordered about. Once washed they head inside for breakfast. "My mom was addicted to shiver last I saw of her." Kester says with almost no emotion -- which somehow makes the story worse to hear. "She sold me to Lamm when she didn't have any coins, not even a pinch, for a fix. I'm done with her. I ain't using her name no more either. I won't go back an'll just run away if you make me. Kara was just a toddler when she came. I heard Lamm's bullies stole her from her mother's stroller in a park, but don't know if that's true. She was too little to remember her mother."

The young urchin suggests "We can just stay with you. Don't send us to some icky orphanage. We won't be any trouble or anything." He eyes are wide with fear and loathing, but it doesn't stop him from stuffing his face with the plentiful food.

New spells for the day are noted, thanks!


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

New extracts: Heigthen Awarness, Shield, Cure light wounds.
Atticus thinks for a moment. "Let me ask the Master, maybe he can use two more hands in the house. And I think Nikkodemus likes them."


The master of the house is not, at first, inclined to keep the orphans, but after an entreaty from his wife, and some spoiled begging by young Nikkodemus, he finally relents.

"Very well. It seems my family as spoken, and since Nicky is just returned to us, I won't deny him this. We will keep the little ones here with us, if they will relent to staying, at least until the madness that grips the city has subsided. It may seem calm here, but I hear there is still great unrest in the Shingles or in Old Korvosa. Won't take much for riots and worse to break out again, I'll warrant. Once it is safe, we will inquire with the proper authorities as to how best to handle these rascals."

Kara loves the idea of sleeping in the big bed once again, and Kester sighs, but doesn't put up a fight at the idea and unless you have objections, the children seem to have a safe place to spend the next few days.

I also noted Atticus new extracts for the day, thanks also!


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan's eyes swing to Twilight, the bard noting the teasing tone as she suggests taking the kids to the Castle with them. The young man frowns, glowering a bit (grown men do not pout) before turning to greet Mirela as she walked in with the children. Perhaps he should have had some of their fancy wine, after all.

The musician smiles as the Erastilan voices her agreement with his plan, processing the rest after her pause. A smirk replaces the cocky grin as he says, "Well good morning to you too, Mirela. Nice to see the new day hasn't given you a new filter to go with it." He chuckles, going back to finishing up with his instrument before packing it away and getting ready to go.

As the Master of the house agreed to take in the children, Devan's mood soared high. He could have kissed the man if there hadn't been so much company around. Relieved of having to play nanny for the first part of the day, the musician turns to the Calistrian. "Off to your mystery business at the Juggler, then?" The young man again looked out onto the street warily, wondering if things were truly this calm or if it was just an uneasy truce before another eruption of anger and confusion.

It seemed Madame Zellara couldn't have had any better (or worse) timing in picking the group to look after the city of Korvosa. Devan just wondered who they were defending the city from, if anybody? Neolandus, maybe? Perhaps he could gain some more insights from his fellow citizens as they made their way across town.

Diplomacy (gather info): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) true strike. Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: none yet. 1: none yet. Subtle misdirection 0/6. Bonded item 0/1.

Twilight was quite pleased that he Atticus had helped to convince the master of the house to take in the children, at least for the time being.

"I am ready to head out whenever everyone else is. If we don't mind splitting up I can take care of my business and meet you back at the Yellow Juggler while someone attends to Madam Zellara, otherwise I think she should take priority. She is really in no shape for a trip to the castle and probably shouldn't be traveling around the city for longer than she must considering her condition."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

Nargun comes closer to Atticus

That was an even better deed than killing Lamm.Strange how much I was focused on putting an end to his life, and never had a thought about what to do after. Even if I could do with a drink or two. You know, just to celebrate.


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

"My thanks Master Nargun. I think as soon as there is peace again in the city, or tonight, depending what comes first, we can find a nice bottle and toast to vengeance and reperation!"


Except for those thrown in the Jeggare or left in a blind alley somewhere, most of Korvosa's deceased are eventually interred in the Grey District of Southern Korvosa. This district, walled from the rest of the city, is home to the Grand Cathedral of Pharasma where the grey-robed clerics keep the dead quiet and monitor fate's balance in the city. If you were to give Zellara's head a proper burial, this might be the location to aim for. It is south of the Pillar Wall, near the southern end of the city, a fair haul on foot. Zellara's home itself, where you first met her is in Midland, just down the hill from you near the waterfront.

If you split, just need to know who goes where. If you stay together, need a consensus on first destination.

Devan Gather Info result:
No matter where you head, this is the story you get in a few different varieties from the locals. "No Korvosan monarch has ever died of old age. No Korovosan monarch has ever produced an heir after being crowned. They call it 'The Curse of the Crimson Throne'. No way in hell would I ever sit in that chair if I got crowned!"


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 15/17 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 3/3, Touch of Good 5/5, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Wait, what does he mean a filter? I don't.... Wait they want to stay with me?...[/b]
By the time the shock from Kesler's statement wears off, the kids have determined to stay together, and all is arranged...

[i]I suppose that will work for a few days, but maybe I should figure out where they really should stay. With me? I'm sure my aunts would love it if I came home with two more mouths to feed....

As the discussion of next steps begins Mirela returns her focus to the others around her.
If others of you 'ave other things to do, I will take Madam Zellara to the Pharasmians.
It is the least we can do for a fallen soul. Maybe doing so will put her spirit to rest.

She pauses for a moment then adds: Oh... Not that you all aren't welcome to join me.

Religion to know about funeral proceedings: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Twilight gives the kids a hug.

"You two take care. Be good to your new family, they are offering a great gift to you. Life will be different than when you were on the street, but it will be for the better."

Twilight turns to her hosts "And thank you for giving these kids a second chance, its a rare gift these days."

She leans in a little closer.

"If either of you need the services of my Lady,"

Twilight turns to Master Aquilla

"Whether it is knowledge that might give a business and edge,"

She then turns to Lady Aquilla

"Setting straight a slight"

She takes both their hands in her's

"Or learning a new way of getting to know each other better, just ask for me at the Pantheon of Many and I will make sure you are rewarded for the kindness you have shown today."

With that Twilight heads out and waits by the front gate until everyone has said their goodbyes. She carefully takes the hat box out of her pack and says a short prayer paying her final respects to the departed before handing it to Mirela.

"Thank you for doing this, I'll meet you back at the Yellow Juggler. Make sure they know her name, I don't want her to end up without some kind of memorial. I'll cover the fee if there is any."

"Someone should go with Mirela, the streets are still uncertain."

Once everyone has decided where they wish to go Twilight heads off to the Yellow Juggler.


Mirela knows that the Pharasmins will expect some form of payment as offering to The Grey Lady as part of an burial. Such things may be granted as charity to those without the means to pay, but anyone who has the means is expected to contribute or face the notice of The Eternal Judge. These fees vary widely, but something like what Twilight has in mind is probably 100gp or so, especially if you don't want to have to answer some rather pesky questions.

The Aquilla family is uncomfortable with the attention, as their intention is to just keep the orphans temporarily, but they accept Twilight's offer with silent grace, nodding their thanks.

The two priestess have made choices about where to go next. Need to hear from the others if they join one group or the other, or if they break into smaller groups still.


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

Atticus nods at Mirela´s notion about going to the clergy of the grey Lady.
"You are absolutely correct. Our deceased benefector should have a decent burial. The gods will smile on our decision. Let us take small steps at a time!"


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan had been about to offer to accompany Mirela to the Gray District, thinking she might need a glib tongue along to explain why they needed a ceremony for a decaying head. He had even been coming up with a vague story about it being his aunt, but Atticus saved him the trouble. Whatever the fortune-teller had done to ensure the bard's revenge against Lamm, it didn't make him want to deal with Pharasmans any more. He'd had his fair share of that all too recently. "Fantastic! I guess I'll go with Twilight so she can do...well, whatever it is she has to do. I can take a few of these pieces we had trouble placing around and get an estimate on what we can get for it, as well."

Gathering his things together, he turns to wave to their hosts from the previous evening. "Thanks for the hospitality, friends. I don't think I've slept so good in months. Then again, it was a long night. And not the type a young man longs for, if you get my drift."

Addressing Kester, the musician manages to smile warmly. "Good job keeping the little one safe. Go ahead and keep the dagger." Devan's eyes slide over the other adults in the room before he adds, "You know, in case you guys get a bit of tough meat or you need to cut a loose thread or something. Anyways, bye!"

The young man bounded out the door, glad to be rid of some of their burden. He was anxious to get to the Queen, but understood his companions' other priorities. The day was young and there was plenty of time. The bard grinned at the Calistrian, the promise of a new day holding value for the first time in quite a while.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

I think I'll go back to Laam's place, just to verify no one is ready to take his place already. Or what we have done yesterday would be useless. Besides... I still need to find a new purpose in my life. Then I'll meet you at the Juggler.


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Twilight didn't have the heart to tell Nargun that she would be shocked if by this afternoon there weren't already two or three miscreants jockeying to take over Lamm's little slice of the city.

"Come with us Nargun, you've earned at least one day of rest. What we did wasn't technically legal so I don't think returning to the scene is a wise decision. You might be able to make a case if the Guard find you, but I assure you that if you run afoul of the Hellknights they'll have you tried and hung before you could say "But the children..."


For now the groups are Twilight and Devan (maybe Nargun?) to the Juggler and/or to value goods. And Mirela and Atticus to the Grey District. Haven't heard from Aleira, but she forewarned us. I will attach her to the burial detail for now

Setting out in different directions, but with a plan to meet up later, the party splits.

Mirela, Atticus, and Aleira, with a grisly package in a bag, head south towards the Grey District. The route is long, but fairly straightforward along usually busy thoroughfares of Korvosa. Today however, the bustle along the street is almost non-existent. Along the way, smouldering ruins, heaps of garbage in the street, broken and boarded shop windows, and other sign of riot tell the story of last nights events. In one square, a rabble-rouser is still dealing ugly invective against the Queen, The Crimson Throne, and The Bank of Abadar. The surly crowd listens cheering or jeering along with him. It's obvious the city is still on a knife's edge.

Steering around any mobs and keeping to themselves as much as possible, the small group finally arrives at the walled entrance to the Grey District. As far as you can see inside the walls, are mausoleums, gravestones, memorials and other signs of burial. some are ostentatious and grand while others are no more than a simple unadorned stone or hedge.

At the west end of this wide expanse of gravestones stands the Grand Cathedral. It is made of slate grey stone and its steeples tower over the outer walls of the city. Here and there, grey-robed prelates go about the work of tending the cemetery or other odd jobs. Once you arrive at the Cathedral, a sign leads you to the area for new business.

A youngish man with bright blue eyes that contrast starkly with his plain robes, sits at a desk with a large ledger and a quill, making entries of some kind. His head is shaved in the tonsure that many of the Grey Faith wear. "How may help you?" he asks, eyebrows raised in expectation.


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

The musician nods in agreement as the Calistrian tries to talk the dwarf out of returning to the scene of the quadruple murder. Well, quintuple, if you counted Zellara. The group hadn't killed her, but the authorities would probably save the questions for later.

Devan listens with interest as the various peoples of the City refer to the Curse of the Crimson Throne. Thinking back, he couldn't remember any time that he had heard of in Korvosa's history that would render the whispered information false.

Smirking, Devan confides in Twilight (and Nargun, if present), "Our new Queen might want to reconsider where she plants her arse, if she wants to live a long, healthy life. The Curse of the Crimson Throne dooms them all!" The bard waggles his eyebrows theatrically, then chuckles. Surely it was all just a run in bad luck.

As they approach the Juggler, the young man looks to Twilight before they enter, "Ummmm...is this something you need help with? Or should we just wait downstairs?"


Twilight and Devan (and perhaps Nargun) set out for the Yellow Juggler which isn't too far away, in the commercial district of Northgate. The walk there passes by Korvosa University, the cities grandest establishment for non-magical learning. You are surprised to see the buildings of the usually-bustling institution, closed up tight. Members of the Korvosan Guard in full armor with weapons on full display, guard the entrance. Many of the soldiers appear to be out of uniform, some in what amounts to rags with clubs or other less impressive weaponry. Across the street, a group of black-clothed anarchists shout epithets at the guardsmen, occasionally hurling garbage or rocks at the soldiers whose discipline seems to be lagging. The scene is tense, but not currently violent.

Further on, you see more broken shop windows and a few buildings still burning, but you make it to the Juggler without being assaulted. Down the street, about a block stands the impressive structure of the Bank of Abadar, the unofficial religion of the city. The Bank is the center of the commercial district, and again to your surprise it appears to be closed. Scores of crossbow wielding acolytes in the red robes of Abadar man the marble steps that lead to the great edifice, keeping the riff-raff who have gathered there at bay, at least for now. Clearly, whatever happened last night isn't over, just lying low for now.

At the Juggler, the staff greets Twilight warmly, glad for her safe return. "We was very worried about you mistress, when you did not return last night. The city has gone mad, it seems. I have heard the Guard is stretched so thin that they are hiring thugs and money-grubbing mercenaries to fill their ranks. That is sign of trouble if nothing else is."


Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) true strike. Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: none yet. 1: none yet. Subtle misdirection 0/6. Bonded item 0/1.

"Curse or not, it seems that ascending to the throne in Korvosa certainly has an adverse effect on one's lifespan. I"m not sure why anyone would want the position."

Twilight was glad to finally see the inn at the end of the street.

"Well, I could let you help me get changed, but then I'd have to charge you.
Twilight grinned and laughed.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be vexing. Thank you for your offer, but I won't need any help. I'm actually here to pick up where I last left off before Wyninn was murdered."

Still smiling Twilight gazes down the road. "I had almost graduated from the Acadamae when Wyninn was killed. I was quite the illusionist at the time, studying in the Hall of Lies. But after Wyninn's death I became much more interested in necromancy. Curses in particular. I broke a few too many Acadamae rules and was caught in the Hall of Whispers one too many times and was eventually brought before Headmaster Ornelos."

Twilight puts on a stern face and drops her voice mimicking an old man "My dear, while Master Dodson has said that he is pleased that you have decided to change your focus from frivolous illusions to the much more respectable art of necromancy, he would have preferred if you had gone through official channels to transfer into his faculty. As it stands, I can no longer indulge your flagrant disregard for Acadamae rules and thus have no choice but to expel you."

Twilight smiles again and glances over at Nargun.
"I've spent so much time with only one goal. It really does narrow down one's options. Now that that goal has been achieved I suddenly find myself with a world of possibilities open to me. I've never forgotten my Acadamae training, in fact it gave me unique insights within the priesthood. It has allowed me to develop my abilities a little differently than a traditional priestess. So, now that I am free to follow my own path I look to my past to give me direction into the future. My Acadamae belongings are tucked away in the back of a closet at the Yellow Juggler. I haven't looked at them for years and wanted to dust them off and see if I could still make use of them before we went to see the queen."

Twilight gets a mischievous twinkle in her eye again as she glances at Devan "That and I wouldn't be caught dead showing up to the castle in these clothes" She throws her arms open in an exaggerated gesture indicating the simple outfit she is wearing.

Upon being greeted at the door Twilight replies "Despite the chaos in the streets, last night was a remarkable evening and I have these two gentlemen in part to thank for it." Twilight hands two gold over to the waitress. "I'm going to be in dispose for a short while. If the private room is available please see that my friends are comfortable. I'm also expecting three more to join us later."

Just before she goes Twilight says to Nargun "Perhaps after we visit the castle earning some coin from the Guard in exchange for taming the city might be the new purpose you are looking for."


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

Atticus will use the deck to identify the wand and use his skills as alchemist to identify the potion.
CraftAlc: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + (3) + 9 = 15


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

"Not sure why you'd charge me if I'M the one helping, but I've never understood you religious types." Devan snickered, clearly not disturbed at the playful comment. As the woman launches into what she is actually up to, The bard tries to keep up, but really just gets out of it that Twilight had been doing stuff she oughtn't and had been kicked out of the Acadamae.

As the Calistrian talks to their dwarves companion, Devan follows the conversation, studying the contours of her face as she speaks. He understood the single-mindedness of Nargun...indeed, he didn't know how the dwarf had retained his sanity. The musician had been at his wit's end after a few weeks, ready to end the pain and embrace sweet oblivion, and Nargun had carried around his burden for YEARS?!?!

As the woman again looks his way and throws her arms out to mock pose, Devan takes the opportunity to look her up and down, smirking. As long as they showed up with the brooch, he doubted the Queen would much care for the state of their dress. With a start, however, Devan realizes just how long it has been since he had a proper bath. After Twilight excused herself, he waved over an attendant. "Excuse me, but how much would it be if I just wished to have a hot bath drawn for me?"

If such a service is offered, the bard gladly accepts, paying the proposed price and cleaning himself up. After coming to the private booth to meet back up with Nargun to wait for the priestess, Devan asks for water. He had developed an unhealthy habit for drink these past weeks, and the young man figured it would be best to not test his resolve. Instead he looks to Nargun, "You think the people running this place might know good, honest people that can appraise the rest of our stuff?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

Good and honest people are even rarer than gems in this city. Sorry if I sound bitter. You probably have more connections to the town than myself, I was so obsessed with finding and killing Lamm that I never got close to people. And I haven't a tenth of your charm to start with. No one wanted to get too close from a strange, unkept and smelly dwarf carrying a bix sharp axe in the first place. The only exception being a now dead priest of Cayden, with whom I fought slavers side by side.

Nargun orders a round of drinks for himself, the Princess and the musician.

The dwarf eyes are still haunted with sorrow and anger, and he seems on the edge.


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 15/17 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 3/3, Touch of Good 5/5, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

Since the others aren't stepping up, I guess this is my show to run...

Yes. Ummm... This may sound strange but, in the chaos of last night we discovered that an old man in the city was something 'orrable. It seems he had been secretly doing all sort of 'orrible things, including 'aving murdered someone important to us.

The 'orrible man kept this woman's 'ead as a trophy and... well... it's not much but we wish to give the slain woman a proper burial.

She shudders a bit.
'Aving been murdered and kept in a box must 'ave greatly disturbed 'er spirit. We want to give 'er peace. It doesn't 'ave to be anything fancy like, just something small so that people can remember 'er as she moves to the boneyard and beyond.


While Twilight gets changed and re-acquainted with her arcane studies, including some basic cantrips and easy spells, Devan finds the hospitality at the Yellow Juggler to be divine, as he finds a hot bath and settles in for a good soak. Still quite morose and a little unmoored, Nargun drinks in the bar during all this.

The bar talk is mainly about the riots and violence across the city lately. Someone even says "Heard old Gaedren Lamm got his just deserts last night. 'Bout time someone offed that foul bastard. Like as not he'll come back from t' grave and haunt us still."

Nargun:
Additionally, you hear one wise-ass fellow saying something about the all the unsavory groups that are capitalizing on the unrest in the city. He mentions anarchists, thieves, wererats(?), and even cultists of the goddess of undeath are plotting against the city from the shadows. The rest of crowd jeers and calls him down for spouting such nonsense.
.

While in the bath, Devan starts to feel a little funny. A headache at first, then somewhat nauseous. Fighting back a bit of bile, he leaves the bath and as he rises, he finds himself a little unsteady on his feet. By the time he is dressed again, he is flushed with cold sweats.

Struggling back to the bar area, Nargun sees the bard as quite a sight. Pale, wan, and dizzy, he collapses in the chair next to Nargun and rests his head on the table, breathing heavily.

Failed a save earlier with a one day onset. Take both 2 DEX and 2 CON damage from the illness. A Knowledge Local or similar roll might reveal a trustworthy appraiser or fence for your goods. Or you could ask the staff, who are quite discreet.

About this time, Twilight finishes changing and studying her spellbook, and enters only to see Devan looking quite ill.

Twilight, I assume same spells we discussed at level up in the arcane arena, correct?

GM Screen:

Dex Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Con Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Devan DC 12 Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Atticus Fulvios wrote:

Atticus will use the deck to identify the wand and use his skills as alchemist to identify the potion.

REading back, it does seem that Atticus had the deck last, but I believe the idea was for the others to sell off items during this time. As such, I will assume that the use of the Harrow Deck to identify items happens before you leave the Aquilla residence. Note also that the Deck casts Identify to aid the user's Spellcraft checks, not an automatic success.

Sitting with the deck, trying to fend off the morning's headache, Atticus holds the cards to his forehead as instructed by the spirit of Madame Zellara. He asks for her help in identifying the properties of certain items. With Zellara's assistance, the Professor is able to ascertain the items are: a Wand of Acid Splash (26 charges), a dose of Silversheen and an Oil of Keen Edge.

I just used the 3x/day effect here. I couldn't find a rule allowing Craft Alchemy to be used for identifying potions, but perhaps I missed it. If you can find and link it, that'd be awesome. Roll wasn't high enough for success likely anyway. I will update the Loot Tracker with this info.

Atticus Spellcraft, identify, wand: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 10 = 24
Atticus Spellcraft, identify, silvery liquid: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 10 = 22
Atticus Spellcraft, identify, oil: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 10 = 29


At the Grey District, the acolyte of Pharasma looks at Mirela with a raised eyebrow, but in the end, he hears odd stories like this everyday in this city, and can't be bothered to sort out the problems of the living when there are whole fields of dead to tend to.

"Hmmm. All right. You have this...head...with you? I think we can offer your friend the Grey Lady's judgement and eternal rest. But all who seek Her review must pay." He taps a metal box on the side of the desk with his quill, stifling a yawn. "Depends on the kind of memorial you want."


Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9

It is a special rule for alchemists and investigators: In addition, an investigator can use Craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using detect magic. He must hold the potion for 1 round to attempt such a check.
Reminds me to buy a wand of detect magic. At least its cheap.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

When Nargun sees the bard collapsing on his table, he is quick to act

Gimme a strong drink.. this man hasn't enough alcohol in his body.He needs some good and potent stuff!


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan struggled to the bar area where the dwarf was seated, his head pounding and vision somewhat blurred for now. His stomach was doing flips inside of him, likely from eating so much rich fare after weeks of barely subsisting. The young man collapsed heavily into the chair next to Nargun, groaning as he laid his head down on his arms. When he hears the barbarian call for strong drink, the musician quickly gives a shake of his head, immediately regretting it as he became disoriented for a few moments.

"No alcohol...just the thought makes me want to retch. I guess that spider venom was a bit more potent than I thought, yeah?" The bard chuckled weakly as they waited on the Calistrian, eating nothing and drinking little, wanting to play it safe with his delicate stomach situation.

Kn Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Thinking about where to fence their loot, Devan sifted through his memory back to when he regularly stole and hawked items. Not the proudest time in his young life, but useful in this context. The young man took several deep breaths, then spoke in a soft voice, "I know a man who might be able to take our new possessions off our hands for a fair price. It's been a while since I've spoken with him, but he was always very discrete and asked few questions."

Well that's no fun...looks like it'll be a trip to the temple for Devan after all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

Well, gimme that strong drink. It would be an offense to Cailean to waste such good stuff.

Nargun quaffs the alcohol, and smiles.

I feel better already.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 1/Wizard 1 Hp (16/16) | AC 14 T10/F14| FRW 6/0/6| Init: 0| Percep: 7

Resources:
Cleric 0: Guidance, Light, Spark. 1: Bless, Shield of faith, (D) True strike. Channel 1d6 3/3. Touch of chaos 5/5. Bit of luck 5/5. Harrow points 4. Choosing card: The dance.

Wizard 0: Mage hand, open/close, acid splash. 1: Mage armour, Magic weapon, (S) Colour spray Subtle misdirection 6/6. Bonded item 1/1.

Twilight quickly headed to her room and began rummaging around in the closet, eventually pulling out an old chest. Inside were her Acadamae uniform and books on top of which sat her tome of spells.

The first thing she picked out of the chest was a text book on soul binding. She quickly flipped through, pausing only on the relevant pages to refresh her memory on the ritual. Even in the Acadamae she had eschewed the traditional imp familiar for a simple object to hold her bond. Truth be told the imps had always made her uneasy.

When she left the Acadamae she had destroyed her school bond in a fit of pique, but it was no great loss. Though the pain of that had come with that act was wholly unexpected, the bond itself had been weak and riddled with imperfections as would be expected from a first attempt. She had always planned on replacing it and here she was now.

The particulars of the ritual returned to her more easily than expected and she began the process. She spoke the formulae and traced the patterns as she felt the tugging at her spirit. It was a little unpleasant, not at all like when she was using divine power. The divine power was malleable, fluid. It wanted to mingle with the spirit and welcomed change. Divine power was very forgiving, the words and gestures were not as important as the faith and commitment of the one wielding it.

Arcane magic on the other hand was rigid and precise. It resisted change and demanded perfection. It cared not for who was wielding it, only that they knew the proper rituals and secret lore and had the will to take control of it and mould it according to one's wishes.

One by one she took fine threads of her own being and anchored them on her holy symbol, weaving a lattice around the spark of divine power already within. When she was done she enacted the final rites and the lattice began to resonate with her own soul. A torus of arcane potential took shape within the lattice, ringing the divine power at the centre and it was done, for now. Going forward she would try to use the arcane lattice as a scaffold for the divine power. The plan was to try to weave the divine around the arcane and pin it in place to create a duplicate lattice that would hold a divine potention alongside the arcane one, but that was work for the future.

Satisfied for now Twilight picked up her spellbook and began studying, the words and formulae coming back to her quickly. She only paused for a few moments to reminisce about those days when she came across a page with little notes scribbled in the margins, playful notes from Wyninn.

Having finished her studying, she pulled out her old uniform. "Well, if this is the path I'm going to follow, I might as well look the part. But it does need some changes."

She carefully removed the Acadamae patches and insignia from the uniform, she had no desire to represent the school. Then she replaced the white blouse with one of pale yellow. Satisfied with her clothes she spent time on her makeup and hair before heading back to her companions.

She opened the door to the private room but her grand entrance was cut short upon seeing Devan's conditions. A look of concern crosses her face as she joins Devan and Nargun at the table. "What happened? You're not looking well, should I have someone fetch a healer?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

Nargun couldn't help but have a surprised look at the half elf

Errrrr.. THat suits you well. That's ..fitting. Quite close to the body.


Despite his illness, Devan recalls a pawnbroker near here who had a reputation for almost fair dealing and not asking too many questions. The place is in the Ridgefield district along the many bridges and way leading back and forth to the ramshackle island that is Old Korvosa. You could likely make it there and be back before the burial detail arrived.

The illness doesn't have to be debilitating, but with both CON and DEX damage it obviously doesn't feel very good.


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan looks up at the Calistrian, his discomfort apparent even though he puts on a brave face. Even his sudden sickness doesn't keep him from scanning Twilight's new outfit with an appreciative eye. The young man smirked as Nargun stammered out what both men were thinking. The musician shrugs at the half-elf's question. "Maybe later...I figure we can go call upon a pawnbroker I used to know. Maybe get some of this stuff we're unsure about appraised, maybe even sell some of it we know no one wants."

The bard winced as he stood, catching the attention of a passing attendant. "Hey there...if a studious-looking man, a redhead with a bow, and a feral woman with a cat come looking for us, tell them we'll be back shortly, would ya?" The young man gives the woman a weak grin before pressing a silver coin into her hand.

Turning to regard his two companions, he gestures to the door, "It's a fair distance to walk, so we should get going." The young man holds open the door of the establishment for the dwarf and the Calistrian, taking the opportunity afforded to appraise Twilight's new outfit from behind.


The attendants at the Yellow Juggler have seen nearly everything and are selected for their discretness and grace under pressure. This person is no different, and as a sickly looking man, a dwarf, and an Acadame student leave and give strange instrutions, she simply bows and says "Very good, sir." as if it were a simple dinner order.

The stroll towards the broker's shop takes the group past the Bank of Abadar which still has a troublesome crowd brewing. Several of the thugs are now armed with staves of wood, a few with other crude metal tools and they shout insults at the defenders of the Bank, who are too few in number to hold back the crowd for long.

Eschewing involvement in that scene, the small group scurries along the streets with Devan pausing to catch is breath and keep dizziness at bay every few blocks. Soon, the Bank is behind you, and you can clearly notice the neighborhood change from a wealthy commercial center to a lower middle class one. Across the channel, the Shingles of Old Korvosa tell all the story you need about that neighborhood.

Not far away along The Narrows, a dirty canal separating Old Korvosa from the rest of the city, you see the ubiquitous sign of a pawnbroker, three golden balls suspended from a bar. The place is quiet and a bit dark, but the door is unlocked. Inside, the place smells damp and is light only by a single lamp at the desk in the back. Many different items appear to be for sale on shelves and tables along the front. The chiming of small bell on the door soon brings forth an elderly gnomish man, with a jeweler's loop in one eye. His hair is bright blue and stands up nearly as tall as the fellow himself.

He whistles as he spies you. "Well, that's an unlikely lot. Master Dwarf, a lovely lass, and this man, who looks like he could use a chair. It doesn't appear that you bring riot and ruin into my shop; guess that will have to wait for tonight. So, what can Elmidge do for you this fine afternoon?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male
Harrowing:
4 Harrow points Card Cricket
Human Investigator (Empyrist)2
Stats:
hp 19/19 AC 14|T 12 |FF 13 (+1 dodge if only person threat.), F +2|R +4|W +4, Init 1, Per +9
DM DoctorEvil wrote:


"Hmmm. All right. You have this...head...with you? I think we can offer your friend the Grey Lady's judgement and eternal rest. But all who seek Her review must pay." He taps a metal box on the side of the desk with his quill, stifling a yawn. "Depends on the kind of memorial you want."

Atticus thinks for a moment and then speaks up."I think something simple, yet dignified. I will write a epitaph, a short one, maybe 4 lines, could you please read it in your memorial!

She does not have any relatives anymore, at least as far as we know.
Our only wish is that she can stand before the gray lady and feels remembered."

Sitting down at a desk, Atticus writes a few lines quickly down and hands them over.
Epitaph:

Seeking the truth for others,
to aid them in their lifes.
A loving mother, a strong presence,
her last deed was a force of good and
brought happiness and justice!


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 Init +1 HP 25/32 DR 1/ AC 16 T11 FF 15 Fort+7 Ref+1 Will +0 Per +5 Spd 30

Seems there's trouble in the Streets? You got bothered so far?


Human (Varisian) Bard 1/Swashbuckler 1 | HP 16/16 (12/12) | AC 14 (12) | T 12 | FF 12 | F +1 R +6 W + 3 (+5 vs emotion) | Init +2 | Perc +6 | The Juggler | Harrow Points 3/3

Devan politely waits for the gnome to answer Nargun's question, taking the opportunity to catch his breath. Either Elmidge didn't recognize the young man, or he kept their former association to himself, in which case the bard could bless the shopkeeper. At this point he'd rather not answer any pesky questions related to his past.

Once the dwarf has been answered, the musician smiles as he steps forth, gesturing for Nargun to bring forth their spoils. "Good Elmidge, we have happened upon some family heirlooms hidden in a locked basement after my poor grandfather passed away recently. The sight of such things pains my mother to no end now, and she bade me to sell them for her so she'd never have to look upon them again. It pains me to do so, but how could I deny my own dear mother's request, am I right? Anyways, how much do you think for this piece..."

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The bard pulls out the abalone symbol of Shelyn, going over each piece with the gnome, occasionally pausing to hold his head when it pounded too hard. He didn't know if Elmidge believed him, but it likely didn't matter. It was all about putting on a show so the gnome would have deniability should he encounter any problems with any of the things that were sold to him.


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 15/17 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 3/3, Touch of Good 5/5, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

How long do you think it would take to arrange something like what my companion outlined?

Then she looks at the box.
We of course will want to make a donation to honor the Gray Lady and ease this good souls passage.

Then she looks at her companions.
What do you think, Can we arrange for 50 gold now between the three of us to get the process started, and a like amount when the memorial is complete?

That looks like it will just about wipe us out right now. I have 28GP, Atticus has 6 and and Aleira has 24, so maybe I give 26, Atticus gives 4 and Aleria gives 20, and we end up splitting the 100 from what we each get for selling the items?


"Family heirlooms, eh? Some family!" says Elmidge, removing the jeweler's loop and looking over the items passed to him by Devan. For the items of known value, his price is close enough that you aren't feeling mistreated as he assigns a purchase price. For those items beyond your ken, he also give a price, take it or leave it.

Once the pile has grown on his side of the table, the gnomish trader excuses himself and comes back to the room with three heavy bags full of gold sails, hefting them up onto the table top and pushing them across to you.

"Nice doing business with you. May take me a few days to raise more coins given that Abadar's bankers have shut down, but bring me any other 'family heirlooms' you come across, and we can do more trading!"

To Nargun, Elmidge adds: "So far, my shop has been spared. Looters from across the Narrows came this way, but I think the illusory ogre I conjured in my storefront stopped any from coming in. May not last, guess we can pray for peace, but that seems unlikely. Heard there's a Shoanti war-party camped just outside the city, and they ain't here but to take some scalps with 'em."


The shaved priest of Pharasma shrugs his shoulders with seeming lack of interest. "Pay now, pay later. We deal with eternity here, so it really matters very little. No one wants to cheat the Eternal Judge of her offering, so I am sure you are good for the balance. If not, well, you'll just have to take your chances and hope their is a balance in your life that offsets your foolishness. The memorial your professorial friend describes can be finished within a week, and placed in a cozy spot in the gardens."

He takes your proferred coins and deposits them in a box, filling out a name in the big ledger he keeps, he asks for a simple signature from one of you to make it official. He also takes the bag with the severed head inside and, making a ritualistic hand motion, he departs to make the remains ready for proper burial.

I will withhold 8.33gp per player from the cash accounts to accommodate the 50gp given to the Pharasmins. You can come back and pay the balance some other time. Could be you end up in the Gray District again anyway...

The burial begun, what does your group do next? Head back to the Juggler?


Cleric of Erastil 2 (HP 15/17 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:14 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+5 (+7) | Perc +4)
Spells Remaining:
1: (B, DD, SoF, PfE) , Channel Energy: 3/3, Touch of Good 5/5, Harrow Points: 3, Card: The Avalanche, -1 Dex

We should find out 'ow the others 'ave done, unless someone 'as someplace else to go first?

Assuming no, Mirela tries to make her way back to the Juggler with the rest of the group..


Atticus, Mirela, and Aleira

The burial group, their task done, decides to head back to the Yellow Juggler and meet up with the others for supper. As they make their way out of the Grey District and pass through the Pillar Wall, a series of 100' tall pillars of Thassilonian origin that were encompassed into the cities defenses long ago, they find the returning might not be so easy.

From the tops of the old stone pillars, a pair of red-skinned creatures with fiendish wings and barbed, scorpion-like tails dive at the trio of adventurers, bent on causing mischief.

Know Planes DC 12:
These tiny creatures are Imps, lesser devils born in the pits of Hell.

Know Planes DC 17:
Imps, like most devils, are resistant to normal weapon attacks, but good-aligned or silver weapons are fully effective against them. Natives of Hell, imps are also immune to fire and poison and resistant to cold and acid.

Know Planes DC 22:
Imps can change shape or become invisible at will. They also have some form of infernal healing. Their barbed tail contains a mild poison that slows reaction time if stung.

Also, try for the below. Atticus gets a +5 circumstance bonus on this Know Local check and may make it untrained if necessary.

Know Local DC 12:
Students at the Acadamae are required to undertake many dangerous steps in order to graduate, one of which is the summoning of an imp. Many students opt to take these imps as familiars, but just as many fail and the summoned imps get loose. Nests of the vile creatures lurk in the high places of the city, especially in the Shingles.


Atticus, Mirela, and Aleira

Imps - Round 1

25 Mirela
23 Aleira
16 Red Imp
15 Blue Imp
14 Atticus

The imps cry out in their fiendish tongue and swoop at the party at first, laughing as the unsuspecting group scrambles in fear. As the imps circle back, this time intent on harassing the party, Mirela and Aleira get ready quickly.

The two ladies are up first in initiative order. Map for this subgroup will be up soon.

Mirela eyes-only, please:
Don't forget about the bonus your Harrow Card provides. PM me if you don't recall the specifics

GM Screen:

Red Imp Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Blue Imp Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Mirela Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Atticus Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Aleira Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

601 to 650 of 816 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne by DM DoctorEvil - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.