Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


4,001 to 4,050 of 5,910 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Good here


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo will go ahead and sell the fancy masterwork ranseur, the heavy steel shield, and the masterwork longsword. He will try to quietly inquire as to the availability of quality thieves' tools, but if the proceeds from those sales are sufficient, he might upgrade some armor instead of buying bloodblock and such.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec is good to go.


Rullis will pick up a masterwork backpack (50gp) as well to keep his encumbrance in check. He'll leave his current backpack at home, along with his winter blanket. Otherwise he is good to go.


You all awaken after a fruitful pair of days tending to your various needs. Reports are written, stories told, and new gear is had. You all have your various breakfasts, say goodbye to your respective partners, cloister mates or "celebratory companions" and you come together outside of the town hall.

Even early in the morning the sounds from the dock and the bustle of the vendors setting up signal that things are the same as always but Sandpoint seems lighter somehow, the dark days that have come seem now already fading. The scars will run deep but Sandpoint specializes in healing and though the revelry is starting to fade there seems renewed hope on the streets and a fondness for the heroes that have seen the town through her dark spell.

A handful of guards and clerks move about the hall but your group is left to navigate without interference. Coming upon the outer foyer of the mayor's office the secretary's desk sits empty but the door to the mayor's office proper sits open. You all can see the newly minted Capt Yorin and the Sheriff sitting facing the mayor and and she sees you approach she smiles softly, rises, and moves around the desk to meet your group in the foyer, Gentleman I appreciate you pulling yourselves out of bed and away from your business to share in the work that is seeing after Sandpoint.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidars course personality immediately comes to the fore and he harrumphs loudly at the idea that he is anything but a prompt and early riser from bed.
For now however, he holds his tongue.


Rullis smiles as Kendra enters the room. "We do what we have to. What's the good word from Magnimar?" he asks quietly and politely.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grins at the assembled officials, "No problem at all Madam Mayor, it was time for her to go home anyway."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo bows to the Mayor and smiles, "It truly required a heroic effort." The twinkle in his eye belies the statement, however.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec makes a little bow, a gesture of politeness as well as a way to assess that his armor and outfit are shiny, clean and buckled properly.


The mayor nods and smiles slightly at the various statements though it is not lost on any of you that it is Kithian's comment that seem to almost drive her to laughter.

Turning her head over her shoulder she calls to the men in her office while waving her hand, Sheriff, Captain, lets us go the conference room down the hall so we may all meet and discuss what has happened.

The men rise from their seats and the mayor leads the entire group to a much larger room that features a large table, padded rich chairs and a small assortment of refreshments set out on a small side table.

The mayor gestures to the table and chairs, Grab a drink or some food if you have a want. Moving to sit herself the mayor looks to Rullis, The word is "you are on your own", apparently. The city seemed to think our good Sheriff was overstating the problem and felt the threat was not of significance.

The Sheriff grunts at the synopsis as he grabs a glass of cider and sits next to the mayor, I brought back three men and one was injured on the way when his horse missed a step. Luckily I returned to a celebration, though mixed with sad tidings. A patrol lost and men dead. My force is practically decimated, I'll need more recruits for sure.


Shaking his head in disbelief, Rullis replies, "At least we did manage to eliminate one of the more dangerous goblin tribes in the area, so that should help. Hopefully that will be a lesson to the other tribes as well."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian makes his way around the table filling up a plate for a snack and trying to find any booze. "Ugly work that was. Sorry for the lose of those good men. At least we stopped that crazy demon woman, she had terrible plans for this town. Maybe things will slow down with out her and her misfit army threatening."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Bah! Complacency is the death of the spirit! NOW is the time to rebuild and refocus, and I for one don't mind rolling up my sleeves and mucking in a bit.
When I leave for Magnimar, I want to be able to say I left this place better than it was when I came here."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Standing at the side table wondering if Kithian is going to leave anything for the rest of the assembled, Camillo says, "I left once. I have no intention of leaving again."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec grabs a pierce of fruit and listens to the mayor and sherrif. Once they finish: "How can we be of service to you," he asks.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

DM Devon:

DM Devon wrote:
Cam is in luck a Haversack is available.

I failed to check - is the Haversack at normal price or is it at a discount? I'm proceeding assuming full price.

What is the sale price of the fancy masterwork ranseur?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Strange I posted after Vidar yesterday, it shows up on my post tab but not on this page. I will repost it after this.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks up from his plate at his friend Vidar, a glint of mischief in his eyes. "Have no fear my friend. This town will definitely be better off when you leave."


Kithian: I believe you posted on the discussion page.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Doesn't show up there either.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar refuses to rise to Kithians bait, beyond making another loud Harrumph.
Instead he crosses his arms over his chest and begins to impatiently tap his finger against his biceps as he waits to be told what the current situation demands.


Cam:
Nope discounted, sleeping with the most popular lady in town and being a hero has its advantages apparently

The sheriff offers a brief smile to the oracle's jest then contemplates the group with his hard gaze, I need to find new recruits and get my patrols back out on the road in the areas around town. Truth be told I could use your help around here but I've got a mercenary and some crackpot of a wizard in my hold that I need to see shipped to Magnimar. I fancy that having you through that pair in front of the Justices and having the tale straight from your lips'll at least prove to them that Sandpoint doesn't cry for help 'less needed. Maybe you can score me a set of seasoned men in the bargain? We'll pay for the trip of course, but that's for the mayor to hammer out with you if you say yes.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Worry creases Kerrec's brow. "Do you feel comfortable losing five more bodies at this time?"


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"The mercenary nearly died trying to aid us in overthrowing Nualia. I wish he had been more successful, but that doesn't counter the fact that we found him about to be burned at the stake for helping us. I would testify on his behalf in Magnimar. And the farther the crazy mage is from Sandpoint, the better."


The Sheriff nods, I don't like it but its probably for the best. Goblins are in ruins and any obvious threats are beaten back. Shalelu is sure to head out to the woods herself and I've got some men, just not as many as I like. I think its worth to risk.

At Cam's comment Hemlock trades a glance wit the mayor and then replies, I could send a letter on with you. The city has a penal corps of sorts that the trusted can serve their time on frontier actions and in dangerous locations. Shorter sentences, higher risks, but you exit with a clean record and decent pay. If this man is a mercenary he was doing that sort of work anyway. Now he can do it for Magnimar and pay his debt to Sandpoint.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian nods his head at the sherrif. "That is a good idea. Justice would be served putting this man to use instead of punishing him."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo is a bit relieved. "I agree, that is more than fair - and I suspect better than he expects."


Rullis seems lost in thought, having been just a small child the last time he was in Magnimar, that he doesn't even notice the discussion about what to do with Orik. "So when do we leave? We can sail there in a day or two and be back within a week. Of course that's assuming that this journey has Gorzeh's blessing and she provides us favorable winds."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Might be a decent solution, if Orik reaches Magnimar that is...


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec nods his head in approval. "Orik began his atonement helping us, although I wouldn't call his aid altruistic. But it bought him some time. Perhaps the trip and our aid will show him that doing the right thing can be beneficial."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Not "Altruistic"? And in what sense do you believe this master Valorian?
I know some members of the holy warrior chaste are said to be able to see into the minds and hearts of their fellow men but still...
Besides, as any god street rat will tell you, it is actions not words that matters.
Why you do something should not matter half as much as WHAT you do."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Forgive me, because sometimes it's hard for me to keep all the NPCs backstories straight, but I had thought Orik was helping us to save his own skin. Have I misunderstood that? I guess over the past few months I had been under that impression. If that's not the case then Kerrec would have left out the altruistic part.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Heck, I have the same problem, it could be that I misunderstod and not you, but Vidar would still have said it anyway, he is a bit argumentative, even when he knows he is wrong.


Well he did both. He saw Nualia as a greater evil then he signed up for but thought the best way to atone was to help you all out...in exchange for lighter treatment. So it really is both. Just the sort of juicy moral choice to have folks fight over ;-)


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Well then....

"I guess that is where we differ Vidar. I believe WHY you do something does matter as much as WHAT you do. If I make selfish choices that put others and myself in harms way and then I realize I may have made a bad decision and part of my motivation to right the wrong I have committed is to lessen the punishment, then I would consider that less than altruistic."

"I have not spoken to Orik since we have arrived back at Sandpoint but I plan on getting to know him on the trip to Magnimar. Before I throw my support fully behind him for a lighter sentence, I will attempt to ascertain if he plans on becoming an asset to society. He obviously has great courage and he went through unimagineable pain to aid us but men do things for good or ill when pushed by forces they can not control."

"By asking for Orik to receive a lighter sentence I am not just speaking for myself but for the Church of Abadar. I have sworn an oath to uphold the laws of this land and protect those who adhere to these laws. A representative of my church rarely is ever anything but a neutral arbiter in disputes. For me to take a side I must be sure that side is for the promotion of peace. It is my hope that Orik is willing to truly mend his ways because it is the right thing to do instead of the expeditious thing."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks as if he has fallen asleep about half way through Kerrec's speech, but opens one eye at the completion to see if the paladin is just stopping for breath.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar waves a hand at that argument.
"I don't agree, your actions affect others, say a villain donates enough money to build an orphanage.
It won't matter to the many children who suddenly have a roof over their heads, food in their bellies and a place to sleep where they are not forcibly recruited in street gangs if the man who gave the money did it for selfish reasons."

"Besides, they often say that a good deed is its own reward, more than one frozen heart have thawed at the sight of the gratitude people have shown even the most cold blackguard after he did something good for laughs alone."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

"I see. So if you were that orphan and you met the mother of the young man cut down by that villian who robbed him, it would not matter to you that she lost her son so that you could have a roof over your head? Where must we draw the line before it does matter Vidar?"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks around for something else to eat.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"I would take her to the orphanage and show her just what the life of her son has bought. It might only be a little comfort, but she is likely to live easier if she saw that he did not die in vain.
And who is to say that the villain himself may not have a change of heart?
Doing good often feels good as well.
People die every day, for a lot less than that, a death by accident is no less tragic than a death caused deliberately, and an accident hardly ever benefits anyone.
Besides, that coin has two sides as you Abbadarians are fond of saying, what if it a truly deserving person who dies at the hand of someone who is truly desperate to feed his family, kids dying from starvation.
Doesn't he then deserve more understanding and forgiveness than the villain who killed the boy? But he still killed, and the law seldom makes distinctions like that."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo joins Kithian at the sidebar.


Rullis glances over at the two at the sidebar, thinks about it, but decides against it. He instead begins to dig through his bag, pulls out the symbol to Gorzeh that Foxglove gave him and begins to carefully inspect it. He turns it over in his hands, again and again keeping his eyes intentionally on it.


The mayor has a slightly dazed look as though she isn't sure what to do next but Hemlock holds up his hand a look of slight bemusement on his face, A conversation for the road perhaps? Will you take these prisoners on to the city or shall I find others to do the work?


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"We'll take them. When can we get that letter from you? I guess we will need to get horses and probably a wagon. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want the witch's hands free enough to handle reins. I'd much rather she remained trussed up - and gagged."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar folds his arms over his chest, leans back and harrumphs once more.
"She should be grateful, someone of less compassion might suggest a broken jaw and shattered hands instead of ropes and gag."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

With a steady look, the bard replies, "Or a short flight from Thistletop without benefit of magic. She may be grateful - I am just saying I don't trust her."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar gives Camillo a tight smile.
"Neither do I master Duin, I would not trust her as far as Master Darlock could throw her, which if he finds her still in bed with him the morning after is not an inconsiderable bit to be fair."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks up at the mention of his name and shrugs his shoulders as he nods his head.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Well, to be fair, she wasn't really his type, too much brain you see. You can easily divide any population between his type and the rest by asking a simple question. "What comes after two?"

4,001 to 4,050 of 5,910 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.