Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


351 to 400 of 5,721 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

@Camillo: Not to be too nit-picky, but I like to have speech bolded to make it easier to pick out for future posts. If you're not familiar with the proper tags, click the "BBCode tags you can use:" button under the post-box.

Foxglove listens to everyone speak and let's out a great chuckle, seeming almost giddy, "This is great! Join together great companions for you shall all overcome the fiends! Ha! Come now, Sir Kerrec, I hold you to no obligations, merely that you continue your heroics and cleanse these lands of those goblinny fellows. As for your financing... how would each of you like 50 gold pieces a month? Consider this reward your first month's stipend... So tell me, how do you plan to strike at the goblin menace?"


As Camillo addresses him, Rullis turns and listens intently before responding with a huge smile, "Completely understandable. Just last night you were worried she wouldn't even talk to you and now you two are a wonderful couple together."

As Foxglove asks about plans to strike, he turns back and addresses him with a more serious expression, "50 gold for something I intended to do anyways is always welcome. I have a meeting with the sheriff tomorrow morning where I hope to learn more details about the attack. Before I can..." He glances around in sudden embarrassment from his selfish comment, "I mean, before we can plan a strike against the goblin menace, we need to learn more. Is there anything useful that you might be able to supply, master Foxglove?" Rullis simply mimics how the others are addressing the man as he is not familiar with the proper customs.


Foxglove holds up his hands and shrugs, "I'm afraid all I know about goblins is that I don't like them."

Soon the food and drinks are brought forth. On the menu tonight is freshly caught halibut in a delicious chili sauce. The wine, mead, and spirits flow and Foxglove goes on to tell you stories about boars the size of houses he's hunted and about fabulous Magnimarian parties he's attended. Though he is quite full of himself at least he appears to be a pretty good storyteller.


After enjoying his meal, listening to the stories, and drinking a tankard or two of the house ale, Rullis injects, "Master Foxglove, perhaps you could enlighten us with a story of where you were and what you were doing when the attack came? Tell us what you saw.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47
Rullis Stillman wrote:
And I was meaning to ask all of you, those who have already proven your worth, would you be willing to aid me in such a quest? I am just an acolyte in the church and surely no match on my own. I could use your help in this manner.

Kiithian downs his flagon of ale and rubs the back of his arm across his mouth."Count me in Friend Rullis,a chance to spend Lord Foxlove's money and a change to Smash Goblins is two things I just can't bring myself to pass up!"


Leaning back in his chair, the wine-sodden nobleman replies, "I remember it clearly... I had just finished my meal and was taking my dog, Lucius, out to do his business away from the crowds when he started barking wildly and trying to pull away from me. Before I knew it, we were surrounded by those little monsters... Lucius kept them at bay... at least until their mounted leader arrived... He was a good dog, Lucius. Had him since he was a pup. Had him by my side on my first boar hunt and he stuck by me to the end..." His eyes grow distant and he holds out his cup in a toast. "Goodbye Lucius. I'll miss you old friend."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar harrumphs a little to himself. So he did care about the dog after all, it just took a lot of wine for him to admit that . Despite his earlier reluctance to come, Vidar finds himself revising his opinion of Foxglove....but only a little.

The offer of payment was intriguing however, it would put him a few steps closer to getting a new bow, and a patron in the nobility could be a good bargaining chip if played right, every scholar needs a patron, even a pathfinder like himself.

Despite not wanting to risk suffering a hangover in the morning, Vidar still drains his first tankard dry in one go, expertly making sure that all the mead goes into his mouth rather than his beard, he then quickly calls for another.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec thinks back to the events surrounding Foxglove's dog's death. He sure didn't show this kind of sadness then, although shock over being cornered by goblins could have played a part in his actions yesterday. He seems to be a man ruled by his emotions. Which can make a business relationship tricky.....

"Master Foxglove, I think it's clear my comrades are interested in working with you and 50GP a month seems amenable."

Kerrec then looks at the others. "If you'll allow me, I can have contracts drawn up at the Church of Abadar tomorrow. Our clergy specializes in such business arrangements."

Looking back at Foxglove. "Do you have representation? If not, I'm sure the church can provide counsel for you to look over the documents."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar looks a little shocked at Kerrec when he mentions contracts, he then remembers that he is a Paladin of Abadar and nods...after taking another pull of his new tankard he speaks up.

"Forgive me for speaking out of turn Master Valorian, but contracts? Is that not a little unnecessary? This is as far as I understand it meant to be a gentlemen’s agreement? Adding contrast to it...well when an Ulfen gives his word it is as unshakable as a Dwarfs, I understand your standpoint as a follower of Abadar, but not all Ulfen would be as understanding."


Foxglove is still holding his cup aloft, lost in his thoughts. At the mention of contracts, he snaps out of his reverie and waves his hand in the air, "Sure, sure. I'll have my lawyer draw something up. I'm actually headed back to Magnimar for a bit in the morning, but will hopefully be able to return within the week. No doubt you'll have some impressive tales to tell me then! Now that I mention it, I should probably turn in for the evening so as to catch the ferry." Standing rather tipsily, Foxglove gives a deep bow and turns to leave.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec rises with him and bows slightly. "A good night's rest to you Master Foxglove. I hope our arrangement is fruitful for both parties."

After the others say there farewells to Foxglove and he heads to his bed, Kerrec will turn to Vidar.

"Friend-Vidar, it is nothing personal, just good business to have official documentation. I have no doubt the Ulfen word is as strong cold iron tankards and I live my life where my word is my bond, but there are certain rights that need to be protected - both Foxglove's and ours. He is risking thousands of gold pieces and in return we most likely will be risking our lives. I've seen good faith evaporate pretty quickly when a generation's worth of gold gets in the way."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar finishes of his second tankard and watch the departing Foxgloves back, once he is out of sight he nods and turns to Kerrec.

"Humph, well, those are good points, thankfully I'll have a week to consider signing a contract it seems, let's leave it aside for now and enjoy the evening."


Completely oblivious to contracts and such, Rullis simply states after Foxglove departs, "I'm not too sure about this contract business either, but I trust sir Kerrec and his church will ensure that whatever contract is done is good and proper." Finishing off his ale, the tankard lands hard on the table, "That was a good meal. Haven't had a meal like that in a long time." Looking around at the group, "Shall we meet here tomorrow morning again? I have that meeting with the sheriff that may prove fruitful."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

A few sheets to the wind, after downing one tankard after another, Kithian looks at Kerric, "I have no cares about contracts, just as long as my pouch is full of gold and my stomach with ale I will be happy."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Addressing Vidar: "Aye, that is true. We do have some time. I'm sure the church has some experience with financial backing of this nature. A little research by myself on the subject wouldn't hurt."

Addressing Rullis: "I appreciate your faith in me Rullis. I know Ghozrah and Abadar do not see eye to eye on a lot of things. Perhaps we can show our deities that mortals with different points of view can still get some good accomplished. I will be here in the morning for the meeting with the sherrif."

Addressing Kithian: "Trust me Kithian, a contract will ensure you will have gold and ale for years to come."

Kerrec finishes the last of his meal and will excuse himself before it gets too late knowing tomorrow will be another busy day.


As others begin excusing themselves, Rullis stands up as well. "I should probably retire for the night as well. I hope to see you all again tomorrow morning." He exits the establishment and works his way home back on the south side of town.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Bah, thats what is wrong with you "civilized " people. Just when everyone is getting into thier cups you decide to leave! Where I am from you show up to a party that way and leave when you wake up the next day, or when it is a great party, the day after that!" Kithian looks around and leans into the table as if about to tell a great secret and wispers to his new friends. "Here is what we do, you all order another ale a peice, and I will drink them as to not dishonor our group." He then leans back in his chair and gives the others a sly wink."You will find me here tomorrow on the floor, or where ever they drag me to. Just bring some water to wake me up with and i will go with you on the task."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Hah! Now there is a voice of "reason" that I can listen to, no Ulfen would back down from a battle of the cups. Fortunately I believe the meeting with the sheriff is at lunchtime, so that should give our heads a chance to clear no matter the excess of tonight. i may not be able to hold my own against you master Darlok, but I shall give you a fight!"

With that Vidar downs his second tankard and orders another.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian roars with laughter and slaps Vidar on the shoulder. ”Vidar! I knew that underneath your books and papers lurked the heart of a true warrior! Together we shall drain the inn’s kegs dry and impress all who bear witness with our stories and drinking songs! Tonight shall go down in Sandpoint’s history as the time the Ulfen and the Shoanti re-invented drinking! Barmaid! Bring my friend and me an ale every five minutes until someone falls to the floor, then bring one every two!”


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Hah, nay, if we are to drink properly then we need to do it with gusto, bring us instead 5 tumblers of vodka each, one mead for me and one ale for my friend as quencers, and when we are done with that, load us up again!"


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

@DM Kacy: It's your game. It's not a format I prefer, but I can work with it. Sorry for the delay in posting -- between work and illness, it's not been a good week.

"A contract, really? I hadn't thought about it, but you're a wiser man than I. Count me in!"

After party winds down, Camillo heads over to the bar to catch Ameiko's ear when she has a moment between serving customers. "Did you hear what my new friends seek to undertake - with Foxglove's financing? I can't refuse, but I fear goblin-hunting might take me away from this friendship that I've re-discovered with you. You are all right with this, right?" There's no disguising the hope in his eyes...

He will return to the banquet table after touching base with Ameiko and proceed to referee the drinking bout between the others -- he's well aware he's in no position to try to keep up with them.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:
Rullis Stillman wrote:
As Camillo addresses him, Rullis turns and listens intently before responding with a huge smile, "Completely understandable. Just last night you were worried she wouldn't even talk to you and now you two are a wonderful couple together."

"A couple? Ameiko and I? Do you think so? I mean, I don't think she sees us like that - not yet - but I hate to jeopardize something that I've waited so many years to find..." Suddenly, he smiles, "Would you listen to me? You'd think I was fourteen-year-old girl mooning over a prince!"

Rullis Stillman wrote:
Looking around at the group, "Shall we meet here tomorrow morning again? I have that meeting with the sheriff that may prove fruitful."

"Absolutely, I will be here." Whispering and grinning, "And I'm pretty sure these two will be easy to find, as well..."

Sorry about the lack of continuity, I just wanted to make sure I replied to Rullis' remarks.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Aye lass, tonight you shall bear witness to true warrior drinking!Clear off two spots on the floor for us and put your tip on Lord Foxglove's tab. We drink to victory over the goblin horde! Bard shall you give us a tune to prepaire this inn for the night to come? For we intend to celibrate the darkness!" Kithian slams his ale and prepaires himself for the battle to be joined.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Smiling, Camillo hums a few notes and strums in mid-air, conjuring a lute into his hands. "That, my valiant friend, I can do."


I'm actually sick as well it turns out so I don't know if I'm going to get much posting in today FYI.


@Camillo: Ameiko smiles as she listens to you speak and puts her hand on your shoulder as she replies, "There will be plenty of time for us later. I'm as eager as everyone else in this town to see those little creatures dealt with. Do what you have to do Cam, I'll be here when you get back."

@Vidar & Kithian: The barmaid sets down two great pitchers full to the brim for you to refill your mugs with once you're ready. Several of the Dragon's patrons look on with amusement as the drinking contest commences with a great deal of low murmuring as odds are drawn up and wagers are passed about.

I'll take a series of special Constitution checks from each of you. How I'll have you do the checks will be 1d8 minus your Constitution modifier for each drink consumed. The first to reach 50 passes out!

Example:
Con 14
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
1d8 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
17 Drinks


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Drinking rolls:
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
1d8 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Vidar is able to down seventeen drinks, through sheer force of will and the rugged health that all his time outdoor has fostered.
As he comes halfway through the eighteen drink, he suddenly stops, gently and with great care sets the half empty tankard down, stands up and very slowly and deliberately speaks.
"That...that is...that is my limit tonight...I fear...erm...I fear that I will now...pass out." Here Vidars eyes roll back into his head and he crashes headlong down onto the floor.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Drinking Rolls:

1 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
2 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1
3 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (4) - 4 = 0
4 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
5 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (7) - 4 = 3
6 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
7 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
8 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
9 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
10 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
11 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
12 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6
13 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
14 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
15 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
16 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
17 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
18 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
19 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
20 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
21 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
22 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
23 1d8 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

Kithian stares bleary eyed at Vidar as he gives his speech and crashes to the floor then lurches to his feet placing his arms over his head in a victory stance. " I am all that is man!”
He then stumbles over to his fallen opponent and looks down at him. “Good showing friend Vidar…..butsh this is as mothersh milk to my clansh.” Kithian returns to his drinks and after 4 more looks at his mug as if it were a strange item of alien make, ”Hello darkneshhhhhhh”, and falls face first into the table then rebounds onto the floor.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

As the sound of the contestants' crashing fades away, Camillo plays an upbeat ballad about an epic contest of wills between friends that ends with both winning in the end. As he sings, he moves from one drinker to the other, nudging them with his toe.

Ending the song, he laughs, "My friends, I can safely say that this contest has ended! Settle your bets! If you missed your chance tonight, I suspect there will be future opportunities!"

Perform (sing) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Perform (string) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Winking at Ameiko, he adds, "And don't forget to tip your barmaid!"


Haha nice. I like how that worked out.

The crowd is cheering and chanting throughout the drinking contest and erupts in cheers once both men go down, several other of the patrons having joined them on the floor at this point in the evening. Camillo's music is well received and at the end of the night the remaning patrons drag away their friends and leave the heroes to their rest.

The next morning everyone awakens and meets back in the Rusty Dragon's common room. Kithian and Vidar are still there when everyone arrives, laid out across some benches near the rear of the room. As the rest of the party and the morning crowd starts to filter in, they slowly awaken.

I'll take a Fort save from each of you to see just how bad you feel after last night ;)


Waking up early and refreshed, Rullis heads out to the coastline to do his morning prayers. (Spell list in profile updated for those prepared) Afterwords, he heads back home and grabs a quick breakfast, though he is not that hungry after that elaborate meal the night before. Dressing more appropriately for possible travel and dirty work, unlike yesterday when he was wearing more formal cleric attire for the funeral, Rullis heads out and stops by the cathedral on his way to the Rusty Dragon to check in with Father Zanthus. "Father, when the time comes for us to meet with the sheriff, can you stop in at the Rusty Dragon? The whole group I was with the other day is planning on attending and I'm meeting them all there. Thanks."

Afterwords, Rullis heads over and walks into the Inn to find Vidar and Kithian still lying on the ground. He stops between them and looks back and forth from Vidar to Kithian. Glancing back up, he asks whoever is there while trying not to laugh, "How much did they drink? I know he talked about draining the keg." Looking back down at the fallen heroes of the keg, he mutters to himself, "I hope they'll be back up in time for our meeting."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian groans and shudders then turns onto his side looking up at Rullis. "Rullis......where the hells is that goblin dog?

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Fort save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Could be better, but could be a lot worse too.

As vidar slowly begins to stir, a long string of highly inventive curses begins to stream from his lips, they are as inventive as they are anatomically improbably, and depend largely on finding a barrel of oil, three goblins dressed as chickens, one horse and an elderly female relative. In addition, the curses vary from language to language, including Skald, Varasian, Shoanti, Elven, Goblin and one or two that would be harder to identify.
They seem to be directed mostly at various flies that are making too much nose at present.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec wakes up feeling refreshed. Sandpoint has proven to be profitable in service of his God and personally. After saying his prayers, the Paladin gets dressed and heads down to the common room. He sees Rullis standing over Vidar and Kithian who are slowly rousing from their drunken slumber.

"This is a fine sight. I've seen horses ridden hard for a week that looked and smelled better than you two."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo is slower coming down the stairs after the late night, but there's a definite spring in his step and a definite smile on his lips. As he gets near the drinkers, he starts exaggerating a tip-toe walk.

Putting an arm around Rullis' shoulders, he whispers, "Oh, it was quite a show last night! I think they each consumed a full keg!"

And more confidentially, he adds for Rullis' benefit,

Spoiler:
"My mild concerns for aiding you in your oath were baseless. She wishes us well and will be here when the task is done." The excitement in his voice is hard to hide...


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar looks up at Kithian and scowls. "Is that a fact? Well master Valorian, after a week of having you on their backs I'm sure the horses..." Vidars voice dies down and he mutters under his breath. "Damnit, my mind cannot even come up with a biting comment to counter that...I should do something about that"

Vidar slowly gets to his feet and then calls out to the barmaid, wincing as he does so.
"I require breakfast, sausages, bacon, mushrooms and unions fried and stirred in plenty of grease, hard black bread and the darkest beer you can rustle up please."


Hearing Kerrec entering the dining hall behind him, Rullis turns and greets him, "Aye, these two are quite the mess. I think Kithian here was dreaming about killing goblins in his drunken slumber."

After hearing Camillo indicate his permission to join the quest, Rullis smiles broadly, "That is great news. I'm glad she is supportive. You will be a great asset in our quest."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian waves an arm and rolls into position to begin the hazardouse climb to his feet." No....no.... there must have been a goblin dog... hear last night.......I must have ate it....only that could explain the taste in my mouth." He manages to gain his feet and uses a table to steady him self."Ale.....I need more ale."


An elderly halfling barmaid takes your breakfast orders and after a short wait, returns with your food. Just as you're finishing up your meals, Father Zanthus arrives and informs you that Sheriff Hemlock is ready to see you now.

After a short walk across town, Father Zanthus shows you into the Town Hall. This two floor stone building sits in the center of town, across the street from the stone fort which serves as the town's Garrison. You enter into a large meeting hall big enough to seat most of the town's adult population. On a raised stage at the front of the room, Sheriff Hemlock is standing over a large table covered in papers talking to two women - one of which you recognize as the Mayor, Kendra Deverin, and the other being a tall, blonde haired elf woman wearing leather armor and a longbow across her back.

When Hemlock hears you enter, he looks up from the table and calls out a greeting to Zanthus, "Good morning Abstalar! I see you've brought these local heroes everyone's been talking about." Turning to address your party, he goes on, "You five made quite a difference in the battle against the goblins. If it hadn't been for you keeping the blighters coming from the north side of town at bay, I fear my men in the south would have been flanked and overrun."

When the Sheriff finishes speaking, Mayor Deverin steps forward and says, "I know Rullis, but the rest of you are strangers to Sandpoint, which makes the fact that you took up arms in our defense that much more extraordinary. I'm afraid that none of us have been formally introduced. My name is Kendra Deverin and I am very pleased to meet all of you." Stepping down from the stage, she offers each of you her hand in greeting.

The elf woman watches the introductions with a wry smile on her lips.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar bows formally to the mayor. "Fair greetings to you Madame' mayor, my name is Vidar Ekstrand, explorer, hunter, pathfinder and wizard."

Vidars eyes are drawn towards the elf woman several times, studying her, and also her bow. Is she a fellow hunter perhaps?


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

With a self-deprecating flourish, Camillo steps forward."My dear mayor, I must confess to being a local boy and expatriate who has only recently returned home. The fact that you do not recognize me is not surprising - the statute of limitations has run out and the wanted posters taken down."

After a brief pause, he laughs, "I jest, of course, though it has truly been the better part of a decade since I've seen the streets of Sandpoint. Camillo Duin at your service." Following a deep bow to each of the women and a nod to the sheriff, he steps aside for the next member of the party to step forward.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Kel-grish Sheriff Hemlock, greetings Mayor Deverin. I am Kithian Darlok, once of the Tamiir-Quah (The Wind Clan)."


Being familiar with mayor Deverin already, Rullis simply responds, "Thanks for meeting with us Mayor" as he shakes her hand.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

"I am Kerrec Valorian, Mayor Deverin, devoted justicar of Abadar. I am honored to aid you in any way I can."

Kerrec's eyes are also drawn to the elven woman. He hasn't met many of the elven half of his race. His father never had many nice words to say about them due to his experience with Kerrec's mother. Although whatever prejudices Kerrec had about his elven heritage he has long gotten over, he never has actively seeked out their companionship either, still uncomfortable about his half-breed lineage.


"Kel-grish Kithian," replies Hemlock, returning the formal greeting of the Shoanti people.

Gesturing towards the stage, Mayor Deverin says, "Come, join us at the table so we can discuss business."

Once you're all gathered around the table, you can see it is covered mainly with a map of the region bearing several markings and circles. Sheriff Hemlock smiles at the elf woman and says, "This is Shalelu Andosana. She's an unofficial member of Sandpoint's town guard, As Hemlock introduces her, Shalelu smirks and nods a greeting to each of the party members while the Sheriff continues, "She patrols the region and does what she can to keep the goblin tribes in check. I've called her in to report on what's been going on in the area and it seems we're not the only ones with goblin troubles lately. In short, there's been an increase in goblin-related raids all along the Lost Coast Road. Yesterday, a farm south of Mosswood was burnt to the ground by a group of goblins; thankfully though, Shalelu was nearby. She managed to rescue the family, but this goblin problem isn't going away. Anyway, perhaps she'll tell it better than I. Shalelu?"

The elven woman steps forward, takes a spot at the table next to the Sheriff, and says, "“Belor’s told me of your work against the goblins—well done. I’ve dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they’re tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite. “Anyway, there’s fi ve major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally, they’re pretty good at keeping each other in line with intertribal squabbles and the like. Yet from what I’ve been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair amount of the Mosswood tribe goblins I dealt with yesterday were already pretty beat up, and there was a lot of chatter about the ‘longshanks’ who killed so many of them. Now that I’ve met you, it seems obvious from their descriptions who they were talking about. Seems like you’ve made an impression. “In any event, the fact that the fi ve tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don’t get along unless they’ve got something big planned, and big plans require big bosses. I’m afraid that someone’s moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids, what they’re organizing seems like bad news for all of us.”

For Kithian:
Though the Sheriff is clearly Shoanti in origin, Hemlock is most definitely not a Shoanti name. This may be a line of inquiry for another occasion, but it does stick in your mind as the others speak.


Also,

Belor Hemlock

Kendra Deverin

Shalelu Andosana


To the elven woman, "Any indication where this boss is or which tribe seems to be running the show?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar is only paying attention to the conversation with half a mind and ear, he can't help but be mesmerized by the statuesque huntress, in fact, he is in fact resting his chin in his hand and staring moneyed at Shalelu like a schoolboy with a crush.

"Yes, goblins...terrible creatures, making it difficult for a man to hunt his supper...everywhere they are, like so many razor vines that you invariably end up stepping on."

Realizing he is speaking out loud Vidar finally manages to snap out of it and focus on the conversation at hand.

"Aye, a mind behind the madness, and certainly they had a purpose for this raid beyond the natural inclination to pillage and burn...which they did with abandon but little tactics or skill."

At this point Enok chirps in: "Master is thinking about mating!" The skin that is not covered with beard on Vidars face turns beet red and he swats at Enok. "Bite your tongue you rouge!"


Shalelu smiles at Vidar's embarrassment and replies, "There doesn't seem to be any one tribe in charge and honestly the actions they've been taking seem out of the scope of most goblin intelligence I've come to be used to - I'd never heard of goblin graverobbers before Father Zanthus here informed me of what happened in the cemetary."

At this, Zanthus chimes in, "Yes, about that. I should probably explain. After the raid, it was brought to my attention that there was a grave dug up and a body missing from the cemetery. When I investigated, I was shocked to find that body missing was my old friend, Ezakien Tobyn, the former high priest of Sandpoint. I don't know why the goblins would do such a thing. Shalelu informs me that this is highly uncharacteristic for them."


"Father, do you think the burning of the church many years ago with the death of Tobyn and the attack on Sandpoint two days ago during the opening of the new cathedral are related?"

351 to 400 of 5,721 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.