Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


3,901 to 3,950 of 5,815 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>

Kithian laughs loudly and slaps Vidar on the back after the (he hopes) jest. But then who would you drink with friend?"


Rullis cocks his head to the side. "Huh, a box of sand that blocks magical auras. That could be useful."

Grabbing his stuff and putting away his clamp, he starts heading towards the door. "Yes, let's head back."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo, seeing that the others have deemed the ring safe, is already carefully pouring sand back into the box as Rullis makes his remark. Box securely closed and in his pack, he's ready to return to Sandpoint, too.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

The magical shield wields itself? THAT does have possibilities. But can be discussed later.
Let us return home. Think the man with the goblin bounty would pay for the outsider's head?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar gives the Barghests head a kick after directing a wolfish grin at Kithian.
"Possibly, it does bear some resemblance to a goblin...if said goblins mother had unatural congress with a wolf..."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"It'd be good for a round of drinks at the Dragon, I'd wager."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Then let us leave this place. I realy, really need a drink." Kithian pulls the mithral hand axe from his belt and beggins to remove the beast head from its shoulders.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Giving a sqeeze of Camillo's shoulder: "And I'd wager this whole experience would be a wonderful tale to pen for Foxglove, Camillo. I think what we accomplished this week was exactly what our benefactor was looking for to fulfill our contractual obligations."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Kithian was taking his nap, but Camillo's (lucky) killing stroke was described as having decapatated the beast. Probably never happen again, so I have to claim it now.

"If it's all the same to you, I will leave the penning to you , sir."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec's eyebrows raise at that. "Forgive me, I had believed with your particular talents for song and storytelling that you would relish the chance to retell what happened here. I will do my best of course but I fear my ability to portray this week's circumstances would pale in comparison to one as talented as yourself."

Kerrec says this with complete earnesty, with no hint of trying to butter up the bard.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"You want me to write it? Or tell you the tale? I'm not interested in putting pen to paper."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec's face brightens. "Aye, yes that would work! I could transcribe your retelling of the tale. With the amount of coin Foxglove seems to have coupled with your talents, I'd imagine you could become quite famous if he decided to publish the tale. I would be honored to pen your words."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"And once you have penned the tale, hand it to me and I'll use my talents as a scribe to compile it into a neat little manual.
I made my living in Riddleport for years by penning cheap little novels from the drunken tales of the various reprobates I encountered in the taverns there."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"While your at it, find Kerric a dress and some of that powder the ladies of the night wear in riddle port, becuase thats what Foxlove really wants. I do believe he is sweet on you my friend. Not that there is any thing wrong with that, if that is what floats your dingy as they say."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar shudders, completely revolted as he stares daggers at Kithian.
"Can we NOT talk about Foxglove? And can we ABSOLUTELY not talk about Foxglove in...Intimate terms?"

Walking of to stand on his own, Vidar mutters under his breath.
"Slimy, oily bastard...nobility...mother should have drowned you at birth..."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec literally beams.

"Vidar, I had no idea you possessed such skills. I have always admired those who could do such things as it is a talent I have never possessed."

"While fulfilling the obligations to Foxglove is important to me, my persistance on this matter goes beyond that. This experience has shown how men of different cultures, points of view, skills and upbringing can come together against forces that would wish to cause innocents harm and defeat them by working together for the cause of what is right. It has truly humbled me to play a small part in this. And I believe the world should know that when men put aside their differences to defend those who need help, anything can be accomplished. It is my hope that having a record of this can inspire others to do the same."

Kerrec's face reddens a little bit as he is not used to letting others in to his innermost thoughts.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Addressing Kithian: "If he has intentions toward me in that manner Kithian I would respectfully decline. Your thoughts on that matter say more about you than Foxglove I believe."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Having vented his anger, Vidar rejoins the others after a few moments.
"If we want to present it as a finished journal, we need to enlist the services of a bookbinder. I do not know if there is one in Sandpoint, but we shall have to make an inquiry.
The do have a glasswork, and that is more rare than a binder and leatherworker certainly.
I'll have you all know that I intend to make two copies, one to send to the guild halls of the Pathfinder society in Absalom."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

The half orc laughs and shrugs his shoulders. "Just saying."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Maybe you could teach me to read. That way I could get a few laughs on those cold nights back home in the mountains."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio remained silent. He had no idea who this foxglove was, but he sounded like some sort of employer.
Come then. We will return and I shall have to buy Kithian that drink before his thirst unmanageable.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grins at the samurai, "I knew I liked you for some reason."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"And they say the people of Riddleport are cheap..."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Really not listening to the conversation as he gets his gear together for the hike and stands to go, Camillo opines, "And indeed they are. Some of them will sell a person's life for a pint of questionable origin as long as it smells like liquor. Wait - what were we talking about?"

Camillo's ready to return and see Ame... our patron at the bar.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

the big man shrugs as he puts on his pack and readies his gear. Yeah, right now I can relate to 'em.


Worn and well worked for your efforts you scrounge, muster, scrape and carry anything of value that you have seen or left behind. You work the crab out of the other room and find a few more assorted coins for your trouble. With the enduring enchantments the candles in that last room are surely worth something and in general you are all confident that you have managed to claim all that Thistletop has to offer.

Let me know what you specifically want to keep from Thistletop and also note if you want partials of things like all of the everburning candles and what not. I will give you a total cash value of everything you choose not to keep plus throw on an additional amount to represent whatever small brikabrak you found in the last couple of day that surely would be worth something but wasn't overtly noted in the game.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

If it is shiney and I can carry it, it goes. And the horse


Oh I am assuming you take it all back to town, I just wanted to streamline what you actually choose to keep. Rullis has a pretty good list in his character sheet though it is missing a couple things from more recent encounters


I've been falling behind on keeping it updated. I just don't have the time anymore with the kids and my wife working weekends.

I don't think there was anything in particular that Rullis would want to keep, except any potions/scrolls/interesting magical items found. Everything else, including the surgical tools, could be sold. Though we might have to go somewhere other than Sandpoint to sell it all. Can't see there being that much demand there.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Oh I don't know about that. Wizards always have an interest in...Anatomical exploration. *Wink wink* How are you feeling there Kithian?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Sorry I just had to!

Good enough... to f***...your mother!


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Sorry guys. Life's getting a bit complicated with work/family right now.

I gotta drop my games. Can't give them sufficient time that they deserve. Sorry.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Sorry to see you go, but at least it will be easy to part ways and bring him back when you can rejoin us. I hope everything works out.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Sorry to hear that. Hope things calm down for you in the future so you can rejoin us.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

See you around, real life can sometimes be complicated, hope it sorts itself out.


I'm sure Toshio has family matters to deal with back in Sandpoint, particularly regarding the family's Glassworks that need the pieces picked up from. We can always seek out his help if we need it in the future if you come back. Until then, good luck with everything.


Yah bummer about the drop but I will be sure to stash Toshio in a safe place for future use so come back when you can.

I'll have us up and running tomorrow, I lost a post and I have been having issues getting back on here, with news of the player drop I need to fiddle with my next couple of encounters too so I will take the break today to get us back on pace.


Everything loaded, you take down the rods that hold up the bridge and make your way through the forest with your cart full of spoils and the horse that you had found the day before. Toshio offers to ride ahead on Pharlap, both to scout the way and to let the town know you are coming and after a few hours, as the sun is making its way to set, you arrive to a Sandpoint eagerly abuzz at your return.

You take the cart to the Rusty Dragon where many of your recent friends and allies like Korvut, the mayor, Ameiko and more cheer your arrival. Plenty of hands are put to work unloading the crab and preparing it for feast while the town guards agree to rotate watches on your cart to ensure your treasure's safety.

Take a look at this, note what each of you has and if anything seems to be missing. Look over the unassigned list and let me know what you intend to dump and what you want to keep. I have not noted pure treasure and the like, that will be accounted for seperately:

Kithian:

Ring of Protection +1
Reggie the dog with equipment.
Mithral throwing axe (range increment increased by 5ft)
MW Horse Chopper (small size, taken from goblin)
Chain shirt (from Armory)
Heavy Steel Shield (from Armory)
Long Sword (from Armory)
Short Bow, Composite +4 STR
MW Falchion
Scroll Bull's Strength
Potion Shield x2
Potion True Strike x2
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
MW Composite Longbow (+4 str)

Vidar:

Magical Book of information from Risa (bound to Vidar)
Potion of Enlarge Person (CL3)
Several other potions (how many?)
Magical Weapon from Goblin (??)
Masterwork spellbook (double capacity)
Composite Longbow with two quivers of arrows. (from Armory)
Elaborate MW Dagger (from goblin tower)
Ring with light blue stone and swirling motif
Wand of Silent Image (5 charges)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

Rullis:

Finely smithed holy symbol of Gozreh worked in silver, platinum and gold. (masterwork holy symbol)
Chain shirt (from Armory)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds
1st Level Pearl of Power
Cloak of Resistance +1
4 potions Cure Light Wounds
Platinum Surgical Tools

Camillo:

Darkwood Heavy Wood Shield with lion and griffin motif
Key to Shalelu's shackles
Heavy shield (from Armory)
MW Composite Shortbow +3 STR
+1 Chain Shirt
Tanglefoot bags (x3)
Harpy Musk (x6)
Vials of Acid (x6)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds (x3)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Potion of Invisibility
Scroll of Abundant Ammunition
Game Tail map of the Northern Coast Road
Wand of Produce Flame (34 charges)

Kerrec:

+1 Crossbow of Shock
Masterwork Bolts
3 potions of Cure Light Wounds
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
MW Manacles

Toshio:

+1 Breastplate
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

Shalelu:

4 +1 elf-bane arrows

Unassigned:

Contract with Alderan Foxglove (signed)
+1 Studded Leather
+1 dogslicer (short sword)
+1 Bastard Sword
+1 Vicious Longsword
MW Scimitar
6 alchemist orbs (purpose unknown, 2 red, 2 green, 2 black)
2 potions Tree Shape
2 potions Speak with Animals
1 potion of Barkskin +2
3 vials drow poison
Unidentified magic necklace
Everburning Torch
24 everburning candles
4 everburning skull candles
1 Ring of Force Shield
1 Box of Sand (Magic Shielding?)


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:
DM Devon wrote:

Camillo:

Darkwood Heavy Wood Shield with lion and griffin motif
Key to Shalelu's shackles
Heavy shield (from Armory)
MW Composite Shortbow +3 STR
+1 Chain Shirt
Tanglefoot bags (x3)
Harpy Musk (x6)
Vials of Acid (x6)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds (x3)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Potion of Invisibility
Scroll of Abundant Ammunition
Game Trail map of the Northern Coast Road
Wand of Produce Flame (34 charges)

I am carrying a Heavy Shield? Or is that the one left in the Inn? Also, can I retroactively claim Shalelu's shackles post-fight since I have the key? I has some of the alchemist orbs, but I don't remember what color or how many - they can remain in the unassigned pile. I think some of those items are Small, which will impact whether we keep them or not , but I'm not certain which are which; the scimitar and dogslicer, most likely, maybe the magic studded leather.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

I used the Potion of Cure Mod in last battle.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

The MW small horse chopper can be sold.


The platinum surgical tools can be sold. Probably keep the everburning torch and a few of the candles, but the rest of the candles and the skull torches can probably be sold.

Rullis would feel more comfortable in the +1 Studded Leather than the chain shirt he borrowed from the armory. This would give him the same bonus, but would weigh less and eliminate any armor check penalties. Probably can't sell the chain shirt since we got it from the town armory and would have to return it with his thanks.

Vidar, would you be able to identify that necklace with time and study?

We also need to meet with Daviren Hosk to turn in some goblin ears and the beast's head (and the head of the goblin tribe leader if we took it). We were also supposed to meet with Jasper Korvaaski after returning (though my notes don't say why).

Once things have settled down, assuming we have time, Rullis will head up to the cathedral to meet with Father Zantus and others that he knows there. He is interested in learning from them the art of scroll-making. (Rullis took Scribe Scroll as 3rd level feat.) He will spend any time and money he has on preparing himself better for future encounters like the past week or so, scribing divine scrolls with spells like Lesser Restoration, Delay Poison, Remove Paralysis, Zone of Truth, Magic Weapon, Comprehend Languages, then Lesser Restoration twice again (in that order). That's two days worth of work and would cost him 500 gp.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:
Camillo Duin wrote:
DM Devon wrote:

Camillo:

Darkwood Heavy Wood Shield with lion and griffin motif
Key to Shalelu's shackles
Heavy shield (from Armory)
MW Composite Shortbow +3 STR
+1 Chain Shirt
Tanglefoot bags (x3)
Harpy Musk (x6)
Vials of Acid (x6)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds (x3)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Potion of Invisibility
Scroll of Abundant Ammunition
Game Trail map of the Northern Coast Road
Wand of Produce Flame (34 charges)

I am carrying a Heavy Shield? Or is that the one left in the Inn? Also, can I retroactively claim Shalelu's shackles post-fight since I have the key? I has some of the alchemist orbs, but I don't remember what color or how many - they can remain in the unassigned pile. I think some of those items are Small, which will impact whether we keep them or not , but I'm not certain which are which; the scimitar and dogslicer, most likely, maybe the magic studded leather.

I did not look close enough, there are some items missing from my list, after all:

2 Quivers of 20 Arrows each - keep
Quiver of 20 Silver Arrows - keep
Masterwork Longsword (left @ inn) - this can be sold
+1 Longsword - keep
Cold Iron Handaxe - keep
Dagger - keep
Masterwork Ranseur (left @ inn) - this can be sold unless someone in the party objects
Masterwork Chain Shirt - I actually don't have any note of magic armor, just this masterwork shirt - keep
Heavy Shield (left @ inn) - this should go back to the armory


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Going over things I was surprised I hadn't used any of my cure potions. I figured I would have.

Kerrec would have the Foxglove contract. He'd probably want to grab a couple everburning candles as he plans on boning up on demons at night and he's curious about them in general.

He'd also recommend destroying the poison but that's up to anyone else if they want to use it. Other than that I'd recommend any protective potions or magic items go to front-liner types.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Leave it to me, I didn't learn identify for nothing. I'll do the same with the Goblin weapon and the poitions as well.
Does anybody want the ring of Force shield? Would be a shame to sell it, especially since it is so old.


Jasper heads the mercantile league and basically has business propositions for you if yo succeeded.

The dogslicer is small, which is what makes it a short sword (its a a goblin logsword.)

The studded is medium. Everything else should be too.

Yes Cam has manacles and yes Cam has like a million shields. I'm not sure you brought any of them (though I recall at one point you were talking about carrying the darkwood one as it was lighter).

So we can do this one of two ways:

We can roleplay through some of these initial encounters or I can narrate a bridge of the next 3 days or so until the Sherrif returns and I can just throw you guys a number and hand wave the sale of goods and what not. I am fine either way, up to you folks.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

He should have had the darkwood shield unless he found one during the raid. Cam would like a pair of everburning candles. If the AC Bonus from the ring is better that 2, he would take it rather than sell it. With Toshio away, he's going to be even more in the melee and will need all the help he can get! But I would not argue with either of our holy warriors carrying it, either, to free their hands for casting/crossbiw use. I am fine with whatever the others prefer, hand-wave or RP.


In effect the ring of force shiled is a heavy steel shield that is harder to break but weighs nothing. It also can be turned on and off as a free action so there is some to be had turning it off to two-hand a weapon then turn it on as you defend.


Two things I noticed this morning which is sorta crazy:

I took over alost 13 months ago

You guys left town for Thisteltop last January.

PBP time is weird!


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Hey Camillo, you kept the key to Shalelus manacles? Are you trying to have some kinky action with my lady?!?

3,901 to 3,950 of 5,815 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.