Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


3,751 to 3,800 of 5,566 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec, thankful his watch went by without incident, settles down into a restless sleep. The sounds of the outdoors are not as comforting as the sounds of the bustling night in a city.

Waking up, he prays to Abadar to help him guide him in being the best help he can to his comrades. Seeing the others getting ready for the day and getting much needed healing, he straps on his armor, checks and loads his crossbow and partakes in whatever food is left. "Let us finish this business. I must admit, I find myself anxious to find out what has been lying below Thistletop for these millenia."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio finishes his meditations and rises. Thank-you Rullis. My strength has returned.
He looks to Vidar, I cannot disagree with you, Master Wizard.Without testing and pushing ourselves there can be no progress. My morning routine is more to prevent deterioration of skill whilst adventuring. A warrior, or even a mage knows, reaching new heights can only be done by having a solid grasp of the basics as a platform for learning. Forgetting such can kill a swordsman.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar smiles wryly at that.
"Forgeting that can kill ANYONE, not just a swordsman."


As the morning light brightens you rise to a day less sunny than the last. It would seem another storm intends to form off the coast though the lightness of the sky and the stillness of the wind suggests that may still be a day or two off.

Thistletop and its last remaining secrets await.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"If we are to live here, it looks like we will have to do it below, at least until we've constructed some permanent houses on the surface.
Stone, timber will not suffer the seawinds wel in the long run."


Oh darn I guess we will just have to build a wizard's tower. ;p


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Just the one?
And let's not forget a chatedral to Abbadar, a grove type thing suitable for Gozreh, a warrior shrine to Gorum...a bardic collage, and a dojo.


"Well lets do this so we can get back to Sandpoint." Rullis grabs his spear and backpack and waits for the others to be ready.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian sheathes his falchion and looks towards Sandpoint. Yeah, three days of being sober is beging to take it's toll on my nerves. I actuaLly have started to understand what Vidar is talking about."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar grins at that, the first full toothy smile that has flashed across his face in months.
"Oh, you WISH you could follow my reasoning, don't flatter yourself master Darlok."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio breaks his position and Stands, he puts away his favored blade and bow and draws the viscious Longsword.
Do you wish to carry this Kithian? An effective blade but it's use carries a cost.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grins at Vidar and turns to Toshio his face losing any sense on humor. "I aint scared. Give it to me."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio hands over the blade.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo collects his magical blade from the oracle barbarian and prepares to re-enter Thistletop. "I wonder what's down there?"


Glancing over at Camillo, "We'll know soon enough. You still have that key?"


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Sure do."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Once we are at the door, should we spend a few moments to employ any magic effects we wish to use first?
There MIGHT be a passage further along, so any magic we use will be wasted.
What say you?"


Assume Vidar's commentary is on the way down
You stand at the last (known) locked door in Thistletop.


"Or there may be nothing. Until we know what we face, I'll wait."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Very well, but there is one spell I'll cast first. It lasts for hours."

Mage Armor


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grips the handle of his falchion and waits for the door to be opened.


"On second thought..." Rullis grabs his wooden leaf, closes his eyes, and begins chanting just before Camillo tries the door. He ends with a soft muttering of May the winds and waves bless us.

Cast Bless. Everyone gains +1 Morale Bonus to Attack Rolls and Saves vs Fear. Lasts 3 minutes.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio stands at the front. Bow in hand and ready to shoot.


Everyone give me perception checks

Camillo is easily able to place the key on the door and with a slight twist the doors offer a soft click and are easily pulled outward.

The room is lit by a ten foot pit that flickers and dances with fire. There is a strange humidity and smell to the air. In the corners of the room are wooden risers stacked with flickering gold candles that do not seem to melt.

The southern wall directly in front of you features a large seven pointed start motif centered on the wall while to either side, smooth doors that might normally be impossible to detect lazily lie open.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


As the door opens, the cleric's eyes silently dance around through the doorway in wonder at at the sights he can see through the open doorway, but he waits as he lets the bigger guys go first.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Not sure how I got the double-post, but it does not appear to want to let me delete the extraneous one.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Oops, sorry

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


GM Screen:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Camillo:
You think, for just a moment, that you hear the soft whisper of words but as soon as you scan the room you notice nothing out of place.

The candles burn softly and the fire pit rages but otherwise the room is unremarkable, at least that is the case from the doorway.

Plans?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian enters the room with his sword held ready.


Rullis waits until at least Kithian and Toshio have entered before following.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Not seeing any foes, Toshio cautiously moves into the center of the room, an arrow knocked and ready to fire....


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"This...this is it? Forgive me if I am somewhat underwhelmed.
Now what can this have been used for..."

Vidar pauses just outside the door and begins to cast detect magic.
Hnnh, they already entered, ah well, I'll just disregard any auras they carry...


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec relaxes just a little although his crossbow is still at the ready.

He wanders toward the closest lit candle. "Is it magic that has lit the fire and these candles? Without that someone has done this recently"

He'll examine the candle to see if he can ascertain if the light coming from it is real or some sort of trick.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo remains tense, looking around. "I heard a voice whispering something I did not catch. Remain on your guard - could something have survived all this time down here?"

He remains in the doorway, sword and shield ready, a spellsong on his lips.


GM Screen:

1d4 ⇒ 4
1. Toshio
2.Kithian
3.Rullis
4 Kerrec
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

As the lot of you shuffle warily into the room Vidar mumbles to himself and begins to cast a spell while Camillo stops in the doorway and offers a warning, I heard a voice whispering something I did not catch. Remain on your guard - could something have survived all this time down here?

As Vidar focuses his attention to capture the auras of the space and see what magic might be at play, Kerrec is attacked in utter surprise as he inspects on of the many candles. A large creature, covered in fur from head to toe and seemingly wolf like erupts from nothingness and grasps the paladin in firm jaws as it growls in fury. The creature is a quadraped but half favors its hind legs as though it might walk around. The wound is vicious as the creature tears at Kerrec. Kerrec take 16

Kno: Planes DC 15:
Barghest. Said to be fiendish relations of all goblinoid races, the hateful barghests come to the Material Plane to feed. As they consume the bodies of innocents, they grow increasingly powerful. A barghest eventually sheds its skin to transform into a greater barghest, at which point it often seeks out a tribe of goblins or other creatures to rule. This creature may in fact be a "greater" version if so it takes magic weapons to combat its natural resistance to damage.

Wis check DC 10:
The mural on the floor above featured a creature that goblin;s seemed to worship that looked just like this.

Init order (* are flat footed in the surprise):

Barghest
Kithian
Toshio
Kerrec*
Rullis*
Camillo
Vidar*

Surprise, half actions. Kithian is up.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio is quick to react and gets a single bow shot off at the hairy thing.

WIS Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Longbow shoot to melee1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 = 7
Damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Wisdom: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 (Will wait until his turn to react to this information)

Don't forget:
In Effect: Bless (Everyone +1 morale bonus to attack rolls)


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Wisdom check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

Camillo begins inspiring courage on his turn.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Rage!!
Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

I guess we are back to the Barghest.... gulp......


Kithian closes with the beast taking on his god's rage but his blows fall short and the creature is truly protected by powers beyond mortal means. Toshio's arrow likewise flies wide as Camillo takes the opportunity to offer a song of inspiring courage.

Barghest:

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 321d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 291d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The demonic creature accepts Kithian's invitation to fight and turns away from Kerrec to attack the half-orc. With it front claws the creature rakes Kithian's chest and then dives forward with its slathering jaw to bite deep into the barbarian's flesh. The assault is merciless and powered by a psychopathic fury as the creature tears into its prey with no hesitation. Kithian take 12+9+8. Adjust with DR accordingly

Go Team Sandpoint.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Can't remember if Barghests have spell resistance or not, so I'll roll just in case...
Caster level check:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Vidar, shocked at the violence happening before him, nearly stumbles on the words to his spell, but in the last moment he manages to focus and barks out the command that forms a pair of missiles of magical energy.

Magic missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Next Rd.

Seeing such power and Brutality from the thing Toshio drops his bow and moves to flank with Kithian.

2 hand Power Attack, Flank, Bless, Inspired 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 19
2 hand PA, Inspired1d8 + 4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 + 1 = 14


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

HP:15/41

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 = 19


"Not again!" Seeing Kithian taking a beating yet again, Rullis quickly moves up behind him, chanting as he does, channeling the divine energy of Gorzeh into his touch. He carefully reaches out and transfers the healing energy into Kithian trying to do so without hindering the raging barbarian.

Convert Bull's Strength to Cure Moderate Wounds.
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo continues to sing as he moves around to the side of the creature, investing some of his magic into the blade.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

3,751 to 3,800 of 5,566 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.