Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


3,701 to 3,750 of 5,695 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Back to full

With another foe defeated, surely we are nearing the end of this place? We may yet find something to the towns benefit here. Come.

Toshio sheathes his katana and takes out his bow again.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:
Kithian Darlok wrote:
"Aww your goin to make me blush. Unless you just hope it eats me first."

Delivered with a straight face (and a wink), "That's what I'm hoping. By the time it gets through chewing on you, I'll be long, long gone. All that gristle and sinew, you know."

Camillo's lingering wounds are also healed.


Into the room you opened? Roll some perception checks


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Rullis is still looking back for that demon to reappear and doesn't notice anything new in front of him.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grins at Camillo and rubbs his blade clean before saying a small prayer to his lord in iron.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec loads another bolt into his crossbow.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 +1 vs traps

Camillo's concentration likewise is not up to the task and he notices nothing.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


The room is clean with light stone and simple sconces where lights might have been hung or torches placed. The majority of the room's focus seems to be a set of steel tables and side tables, a pair of which have long decayed and clean skeletons that hold bodies that seem humanoid in nature but not quite like anything you have ever seen.

On one table sits a fine set of surgical tools and Kerrec recognizes that the seem to be made of solid platinum (or plated at the very least.)

Vidar mumbles something about "Transmutation" and points out that at least parts of the bodies are/were human.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec points out the tools to the others. "More work of worshippers of Lamashtu?" Kerrec wonders out loud.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"That is certainly a possibility, my research has not yet indicated if the empire was an overly religious nation as a whole."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

This whole place reeks of evil. The sooner we have cleared it and are home the better.


"We should probably just take whatever we can carry and sell", glancing at the platinum surgical tools, "and move on. This place is giving me the creeps."

If no one else picks them up, Rullis will. If nothing else, Vallarin back in Sandpoint may be able to use them.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Well, let's search this room and then move on to the last door then shall we?"


The room provides no other items of interest. On to the next door? Camillo you may roll when ready *evil DM eyebrow wiggle*


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Let's get it on!


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


CAmillo examines the door and finds that not only is it sealed but a subtle set of impressions set into the stonework seems to serve as some sort of keyhole. Camillo is confident that magic holds the portal door and the only way to open it, aside from even more powerful magic, would be the use of the key.

Wisdom DC 15:
Amongst the tools culled from the other room is an elaborate mechanism of gold, silver and platinum that unfolds to feature a seven pointed star with a handle on its back side. This item fits perfectly with the section of the door that Cam has noticed.


I'm assuming everyone on the Wisdom check...

Wisdom: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Wait a minute..." Rullis says and digs through all the tools collected in the last room. A few moments later, he pulls out a small object that appears to be made out of gold, silver, and platinum and begins to unfold it. When he's done, he has in his hand a seven pointed star with a handle on its back side. He hands it to Cam.

"This looks like it could fit in that keyhole."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"So, a door sealed with a very unique key, and it has not been opened for thousand of years. In addition, to even reach the door we needed to spot a very carefully and cleverly hidden secret door."

Stroking his long luxurious beard, Vidar ponders for a moment.
"Do we want to open the door? Yes we do. But do we want to open the door now?
I have preciously little useful magic left, and I have yet to study enough to gain new magic of a higher level.
If it is danger behind it, I will be of little help."

"Of course, it could just be a laboratory or secondary treasure hall..."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

This is the last room, is it not. It's not going anywhere. We could rest and check the room tomorrow at our best, if you wish, Master Vidar. I have no objection.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks at Vidar and grins, "You mean you actually have useful magic? News to me."


Rullis tries to hide a slight grin at Kithian remark, but keeps his trap shut about it knowing he'd just end up facing the brunt of the jokes next time with his own limited abilities.

I could use some rest to recuperate as well. Gorzeh only allows me so much of his favor until I've proven my worth to him."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar harrumphs loudly at the suggestion his magic should be less than useful, but doesn't say anything.

I'm a transmuter first and diviner second, what do you expect? Lighting bolts from my arse? Considering how you drink and eat, I think you'd have more luck with that one.

"Considering the being we just encountered, I would suggest that we do not underestimate the capacity of what may yet come.
That was an extra planar creature, most likely a being from one of the lower planes.
It takes a lot of power to bind something like that."


So camp? Where at? As a point most of the first floor is pretty wretched now that the storm is gone and the sun is baking the viscera throughout the complex. It would probably be better to sleep on this floor or outside if you don;t want goblinoid entrails wafting in the air...


"If we don't continue on, we should probably go tend to the horses. And we don't want that druid coming back through with reinforcements."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec shrugs his shoulders. "Whatever is behind this door is important if a demon was called to guard it. If Vidar and Rullis feel they need rest to better prepare themselves for what lies beyond then let's do that. It seems whatever is here has been around for thousands of years. What's one more day?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Wise words master Valorian, I would have expected nothing less from you."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Outside, then?"


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Outside


"I could use some fresh air."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Aye, you do sort of smell."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Look who's talking. You know, just because you don't like to DRINK water doesn't mean you have to use ale to bathe in as well."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks shocked as he turns to Vidar, "I bathe as the gods will! Every time it rains or I have to cross a river! Any way, last time I drank water I got the trots. Don't trust it now."


Rullis laughes at the idea. "Considering I actually bathed this morning back in Sandpoint, I find that rather unlikely. By tomorrow this time, I might agree with you."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio says nothing but merely smiles as they make their way to the surface. When they get there he sets about making camp for the night. He brushes and soothes his horse, glad to see his partner well.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec nods in thanks to Vidar's compliment. Once at the surface he will help Toshio with camp and volunteers to take first watch.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Wake me up when you are ready to turn in, Kerrec. I will take second watch."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"I would request the last watch, it is the only avenue left open that will allow my mind to be cleared enough to once more memorize spells.


When you emerge out of the bowels of the complex you find that you are only in the later part of the afternoon with plenty of time to downright enjoy the breeze from the sea and the post storm sun. The bridge still stands, levitating in place by the rods you placed there and despite the ripe stench that has permeated Thistletop there is much to like about this spot on the coast.

Across the break in the rock over which the bridge stands, the druid grove that protected the goblins seems somehow slightly withered and smaller as though somehow less healthy with the absence of the druid that it was all connected to and maintained by.

Regardless there is plenty of time to set watches, eat rations and rest outside the complex to prepare yourselves for the next day.

Unless anyone has something to do, the night passes without incident


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

How many HP and Str damage does a good nights rest give again? At work so can't look

Qadira

Male Human Desk Monkey 2/ Logistics Guru 3/ Over-educated 2/Gamer 6

HP @ Level, Ability @ 1 per day.


Before going to bed, I would channel one last time.

Channel Positive Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Hopefully will put everyone back to full.


Is anyone else down Strength besides Toshio? And Toshio, are you only down 1 Str now, or 2? This effects spell selection. If you are only down one, it doesn't effect your modifier. If 2, I'll take Lesser Restoration and heal it.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Aside from the normal resting and relaxing, Vidar will look through the spellbook captured from the magician, just to get an overview of what it contains.

I don't think I've done that yet?


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting
Rullis Stillman wrote:
Is anyone else down Strength besides Toshio? And Toshio, are you only down 1 Str now, or 2? This effects spell selection. If you are only down one, it doesn't effect your modifier. If 2, I'll take Lesser Restoration and heal it.

After the nights rest I am still down 2

Toshio awakens early to practice his stances and care for his horse.
He already is fully armored and eaten when the others rise. Once the rest of the group are alert he meditates as the casters ready their spells.


Rising early, having not taken a watch, Rullis finds a good spot facing out towards the ocean to mediate and pray.

An hour or so later, he returns and approaches Toshio who stills seems a little weak from the battles the day before. "May I?" he asks politely before taking his wooden leaf in hand and laying his other hand on the Samurai's shoulder. As he chants, the weakness fades away from Toshio's body and his strength returns.

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo finds himself restless during his watch, wandering the area around the camp and listening to the noises of the night. He practices moving quietly to see if he can do so without bothering the creatures out and about with moderate success.

When he finally turns the watch over to Kithian?, he falls asleep easily, much to his surprise when he awakens to see the samurai already ready for the day.

"I know you were asleep while I was on watch, but you sure don't look like you ever laid down. Is everything OK, or is that just part of your code?" Moving slowly, he gets himself ready for the day, but by the time he's packed up, the muscles are limber and there's a spring in his step.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio is at rest in the flying lotus position. Just Discipline. A samurai must harden his body and still his mind to acquire his skill. Everyday. One does not improve without dedication.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Perhaps", Vidar interjects, "but a mind that goes restless will lose focus and then discipline becomes an improbability.
I admire dedication, but if you want to go beyond your limits, you need to first learn them."

After that, Vidar settles down to fill his fresh mind with spells.

3,701 to 3,750 of 5,695 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.