Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


3,601 to 3,650 of 5,910 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo moves to where Kerrec gazes into the pool. How deep is the pool? Can he see a cavern or exit in the pool to explain the tital action - and the massive crustacean in a long-sealed vault?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Dm Devon:
Didn't mean to ask what kind of giant, only what aproximate size it might have been?
10 feet? 25? More?


Cam - There is a grade to the bottom of the pool that ends in darkness. Standing in the water there is certain a sense of ebb and flow so it certainly seems like there might be an outflow to the sea, it would probably take quite a feat of constitution to explore without aid.

Vidar:

Ahh sorry. Probably well into the 20-25 feet tall range.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

He's considering the possibility of retrieving the trinkets and also the possibility of something else entering the pool from below. Or maybe...

Camillo casts a spell and points at one of the trinkets that Kerrec pointed out as he concentrates. Assuming he is within 30' of one of these items, Camillo will use Mage Hand to try to retrieve it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gm Screen:

1d100 ⇒ 12

Cam points at one of the murky glints in the water and calls it to him. Steadily and surely the item comes out of the water and into the bard's hand. It is a very tarnished, but still perfectly spendable silver coin.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec smiles and pats Camillo on the shoulder. "I admire your drive to gain wealth Camillo. A man can amass a great fortune one silver at a time."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Even more, one monsters' hide at a time. Shall we continue?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"That depends entirely on what resources we still have at our disposal.
Are we sufficiently girded should we encounter something offering us a simillar level of danger or more?"

"Remember, these are ancient ruins from a bygone age, and we may be the first people to thread these halls since that empire collapsed.
I do not expect reverance from the rest of you, you are not scholars like me, but I do expect caution befiting the situation.
Sinspawns may be the least danger of that age we may yet uncover."


Let me know what you want to do next.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Until someone proposes a different course of action, Camillo continues retrieving coins from the pool and depositing them in a pile near his feet, looking for necklaces and other jewelry as he goes.


Watching Camillo collect coins, "Careful, it's probably slick under the water. Who knows where you'd slide to." Rullis tries to pulls the remains of the crab and helm out of the water to get a better view of what's underneath. But if the others start leaving, he'll drop what he's doing and join them.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

No worries, Camillo is standing on the relatively dry ground practicing his magic, not actually reaching into the water. Might be cold, you know.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"20 to 25 feet tall...do the rest of you have any idea what kind of giant would grow to that size?
I'm afraid my home does not containing many giants except frost one's, so I do not know myself."


With paizo just releasing a Rise of the Runelords 4x4 Rune Giant mini at GenCon, I have a feeling what kind of giant would wear such a helm. But that's out of game knowledge.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

I cannot imagine but even so why keep a helm sized for such a creature in a ruin sized for people? A trophy perhaps?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Allright I'm gonna help you out here...:p

After about roughly twenty minutes the lot of you are convinced that you have fished, magicked or otherwise scrapped every coin and item of interest out of the waters surrounding the crab.

Camillo has managed to amass a pile of 3500 silver coins as well as about 50 precious gems and 15 pieces of jewelery. Vidar is confident that the gems and 14 pieces of the jewelery will fetch about 2000 gold (though it occurs to you all that you might need to wait for the Magnimarans to return to move all of the treasure as the town only has so many interested parties in such things...)

One medallion, an intricate fashioning of a rhinoceros in dark aged jade, hums with the subtle glow of magics and Vidar is able to determine that the amulet offers a subtle enhancement to the bearers skin, making them harder to injure. Amulet of Natural Armor +1


Additionally you are able to determine that, if you care to take the feat on, the crab can be removed from the helmet and both moved, relatively intact, through the complex. Both items weigh quite a bit but as long as you distribute the treasure well (depending on what else you find) the cart should be able to move with the creature and the helmet inside.

Rullis is able to determine that is may be possible to cut the crab up without threatening the soft meat though there is some question as to finding a pot big enough for the whole crab or even its pieces.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Hnnnh, not a bad little find.
I would surmise that between the helmet and the gems we stand to make a tidy sum, and this is not considering the previous loot, or any we may find in other areas of the complex."

"In addition, there is priceless lore here, and the complex itself will serve us well.
I propose we make a claim this place when we return to Sandpoint.
We keep it out of the hands of further goblins, and in time it may become something of a stronghold form which patrols that secure the area might move forth.
Put in those terms, the mayor should have no objections.
Shall we move on then?
All that is left now is the room behind the pile of "coins" yes?"


Rullis nods to Vidar, "Yes, let's move on and remove any further threats. Then we can tend to the laborious task of getting all this stuff back to Sandpoint." Grabbing his spear, the Gorzehite prepares to move out, secretly hoping for this to be over so he can go home and get some much needed rest.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec taps his chin in as he calculates the loot in his head. He is happy that he will be able to invest some money into his church. Hearing Vidar talk of this place as a possible stronghold for Sandpoint patrols, his mind starts planning patrol times and routes in the area along with adding the money that would be necessary to fund this rather large outpost while he secures his crossbow and prepares to get in line as the group moves on in the complex.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo is a bit surprised that the others waited while he was admittedly playing, retrieving coins and practicing his control of the cantrip. He's ready to go when they are, taking a coin to pay the 'toll' at the unusual door if necessary.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

At last.

Toshio resumes his customary position in the lead with Kithian, once again with his bow out in preference to a blade. He returns to the coin pile, and moves through the opening to survey the next room/tunnel.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian stands around watching as the others go through the lot. Inever was to good at numbers, just fighting and drinking. Mostly drinking.


"And with this, you can do a lot of drinking. I'd buy the first round tonight, but I think we've got that covered." Rullis follows the others into the room beyond.


You return to the location of the pillar of coins and find that the passage is still revealed. Beyond, a musty room is laden with dust and cobwebs, three sets of doors (North, East and South) are closed and seem long unused. The doors feature a myriad of imagery not unlike the others in this section of the ruins but none seem to speak specifically to the contents contained behind each portal.

As before, pick a door any door.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"As a Northman, I say we begin there. when in doubt, always look due north."


As he glances around, "North is as good as any." He tries to get his bearings to figure out which one is the northern one.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar chuckles a little.
"We came from the west master Stillman, so the north one is due left."


With a forced smile, "Yes, of course. I knew that."


Who opens the door ?(The GM asked innocently)


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo checks the door. If he finds a trap, he will attempt to disarm it. Once he thinks it's safe, he will check his companions' readiness and, when they indicate it's time, he will open it and step aside.

The idea being to not be front and center without his sword and shield in hand.

Perception vs traps 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Disable Device 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Uh-oh


This barren room contains an upraised dais on which sits a marble throne. To either side stand statues of a man clutching a book and a glaive. A ghostly figure seems to be seated in the throne, an image of the same man who appears in the statues. He seems to be addressing an audience as he moves his hands about, fingers decorated with hooked rings, but the words issuing form his phantom mouth are difficult to make out and in a strange language. After a few seconds you notice a flicker in the image and the phrase begins again complete with accompanying hand gestures.


"Looks like they left a recording for us." Turning to Vidar, Rullis asks, "You understand what he's saying?"


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

No language I have ever heard. Vidar?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Logic dictates it should be Thassalonian, maybe it is distorted..."

Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec's eyes widen in alarm. Not as learned as some of his comrades, his mind goes to the idea this could be some sort of ghost or other undead. Crosbow at the ready he quietly asks Abadar to show him this image's true nature.

Detecting Evil on the image and concentrating for three rounds.


Kerrec:

Kerrec detects no evil from the image of the dias around it.

GM Screen:

Kno: Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Whoops...

Vidar:

The language is indeed muddled almost like an echo, the image and sound seemingly having faded but for what reason you cannot reasonably say. The language tests you for a moment until you realize that it is indeed Thassalonian spoken aloud, which is rare at best these days.

The spoken words are a never ending loop of the same fragment:

…is upon us, but I command you remain. Witness my power, how Alaznist’s petty wrath is but a flash compared to my strength. Take my final work to your graves, and let its memory be the last thing you…

The image then flickers and repeats. Who knows how long this chamber has bee filled with the echo of this final missive?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Let us see...Verb...no, adverb...Alaznist...that is a name...anger...no wrath..."
Wrath...sinspawn that are drawn to wrath? A connection?

"It appears to be a magical communication, a command of some kind.
It is fragmented at best.
Here goes."

"…is upon us, but I command you remain. Witness my power, how Alaznist’s petty wrath is but a flash compared to my strength. Take my final work to your graves, and let its memory be the last thing you…"

"...And there it ends and begins again."


Rullis mutters to himself, Alaznist's petty wrath.

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Having no clue, Rullis simply asks, "Any idea who this guy is supposed to be?"


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

...I command you to remain...take my finalwork....whomever he is, he would be a commander or ruler or some such. Only kings speak so.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Knowledge (history or nobility - same bonus) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The rogue scratches his head. "Yeah, I have to agree with that. Not sure he looks like a general, though."


Rullis/Cam - Nothing comes to mind


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"If we uncover who Alaznist was we may be able to deduce his identiy."

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"But that may require some research, this is incredably old...
Shall we proceed?"

Vidar decides to cast Detect magic into the room before moving on.


Vidar:
The name has a ring to it that you can't shake but you can't quite recall anything of concrete value. You are confident that it is Thassalonian so perhaps at some point you can consult your new tome.

As for the room, it does indeed glimmer with magic but like many of the places on this floor the magic is old and decaying. Cracked and flickering out as the millennia pass.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"The only magic in here is part of whatever spell was used to create this image...nevertheless, it is very impressive there is even a residue of it after millennia of decay."


"If we're lucky, that's all that remains of this guy's magic."

Rullis looks around the rest of the chamber, looking for anything of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

But is too awestruck by the detailed marble in the room to notice anything else.

Any other ways out of here?


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Let's finish up in this place. I long to see Ameiko properly and the town coul use it's peace of mind the threat is over.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Well, east then, it is the closest now. It is possible that we only have that door and the south one left. So we may soon be able to turn our attention to other matters."

Like getting me the rights to this heaven of lore...


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"And I need a drink. And some food. And a nice girl that wouldn't mind making a bit gold for a nights hard work."

3,601 to 3,650 of 5,910 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.